Old 12-20-2008, 09:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Suggestions needed.

I think i twisted my ankle.. a can of corn fell on my leg from the pantry last night.. and instead of resting i did the 30DS and now i can barely move my whole foot ..

Any suggestions on calorie burning exercises i can do ? as you can see i have to work out everyday or ill just get depressed!!
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Concentrate on upper body exercise and stay away from corn. Icing may help your ankle.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #3  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

Maybe you could try swimming or cycling, as soon as your ankle has calmed down a little bit? I don't think exercising while it hurts with every movement is the best idea. When you slowly start again, you could try to tape it, or better, let someone who knows about these things do it for you. The tape will partly take over the function of the ankle bands that are still healing so that you can move with less pain and less risk. But I'd leave all those jumps and lunges from the 30 DS until it is almost healed!
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #4  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

Aww i'm so sorry! Please don't blame the corn though, it's my fave Seriously I'm sorry you got hurt maybe just doing some lower key stuff like pilates or upper body work..you're still going to be burning cals but you can stay off your foot for the most part
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #5  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Haha, I use hurt ankles as an excuse to lay up on the couch for a few days... clearly, I'm not as far into the weight loss journey as you!

Maybe you can concentrate on toning exercises while you heal... pushups, planks, crunches, weights with your arms. I twisted my ankle while I trained for a triathlon a few years ago so I concentrated more on swimming.. it's a weird feeling, swimming with a sprained ankle but I don't think it damages it any more.

You can turn this into a positive. Today I went ice skating for the first time in 4 years (not good for hurt ankles but good for my story). Even though I have been working out a lot lately, I felt so many new muscles even within minutes. This could be a good time to change up your routine and challenge your body in new ways, too.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:47 AM   #6  

Whats weird is that i dunno if its the ankle or not its all around mostly in the front i hope it heels soon
Old 12-20-2008, 02:56 PM   #7  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

It could just be a little stiff in there, try taking a couple ibuprofen and icing it a bit. i'd suggest mild but effective workouts, like pilates or yoga, things that you can do on the floor without putting a ton of pressure on your ankle/foot area.

Good luck I hope it is nothing major! Darn that corn (I have to admit, I chuckled a bit about that... Why oh why does that corn have a vendetta against you?! haha)
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

OMG, that's so weird. I did the same thing last night (not CORN though!) I iced it last night and popped some NSAIDs. They are your friend. The instructor at my boxing class told me the damage (and slow recovery) from a twisted ankle comes if you allow the area around the ligaments to swell. So make sure to keep the swelling down with Ice, Compression, Elevation and Rest (well, maybe not rest.) But non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drugs are quite helpful. So have an advil or even better, an aleve. Depending on which ligament is torn, there is still stuff you can do. Try the doing any movement that isn't side to side. As long as your ankle isn't swollen and you are not moving it laterally (and there's no pain with pressure) you should be ok. Just take it slower and easier than usual.
nods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #9  

thanks guys!