Food Talk And Fabulous Finds - Food you'll never ever eat again.

View Full Version : Food you'll never ever eat again.

JackieRn
12-19-2008, 11:39 AM
I used to eat it as a kid but now for some reason, I can't even look at someone eating white bread (think classic white wonderbread). I just think of it as white, fluffy, and nutritionally irrelevant. I was watching tv and this guy was eating it and I couldn't watch. I know some people love the stuff and they have come up with some whole wheat white type but I'm not a fan. What's yours?

Marms
12-19-2008, 11:43 AM
SPAM. I loved this stuff cooked in a frying pan then put into a sandwich with cheese and mustard. I'm vegetarian now, but even if I weren't I still wouldn't go near it.

junebug41
12-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Packaged baked goods.

NightengaleShane
12-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Ewww, I agree that white bread, spam, and bologna are GROSS!

Lunchables. I loved those as a kid, but now I think they're absolutely disgusting.

I will never eat: hot dogs, those mini prepackaged cherry pies, moon pies, hohos, twinkies, cream filled chocolate cupcakes, most prepackaged cakes, danishes, and donuts with the exception of koffee kakes and butterscotch krimpets, those tuna and crackers in a plastic box sets, and... I'm sure there are more, but those come to mind right away.

figureskater546
12-19-2008, 12:09 PM
mayonaise sandwiches...just white bread with mayo, a good 400-500 calories worth. i don't even know how I ever stomached those.

Schumeany
12-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Frozen pot pies...I was always a pretty healthy eater, but these things were one of my weaknesses. Now I can't even imagine eating one.

Shannon in ATL
12-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Hot Pockets - any variety, I loved them all (well, except the breakfast ones, those were always disgusting to me.)

mandalinn82
12-19-2008, 12:41 PM
Restaurant pasta with cream sauce. I've had it once post lifestyle change, and it literally made me throw up. WAAAAY too heavy for me now.

JulieJ08
12-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Wow, yeah, I honestly think I might go hungry rather than eat Wonder Bread, purely from a taste standpoint. And I'm a starch/carb loving girl.

azmom
12-19-2008, 04:45 PM
A big Mac, whopper or any other GREASY burger from a fast food place!

Just thinking about those makes me feel the need to wipe off the grease from my face!

joyra
12-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Ugh, saying "never again" to food is what got me over weight! The more I tried to resist, the more likely I was to have it again in larger quantities.

That said, since becoming a quasi-vegetarian (with an unfortunate desire for chicken sometimes :p), I will never eat beef again! Or drink milk. It only took like a month without milk to find it disgusting.

Also, I'll never eat a whole pizza again.
I'll never eat a whole bag of chips in a day again.
I'll never go to TWO fast food restaurants to get takeout for one meal again.
I'll never eat a whole pint of ice cream again.
I'll never eat more than 2 servings of something again (I still sometimes eat two servings though... sometimes they are so small and two really doesn't hurt me calorie-wise!)

PhotoChick
12-19-2008, 07:36 PM
fried baloney or any kind of baloney for that matter. Oh my gosh that was the first thing that popped to mind for me! :)

Honestly I think there are very few things that I'll NEVER eat again. Goes back to the fact that I am the type of person who, if you tell me I can't have something, I immediately want it. Why yes, I am contrary, thank you very much! :lol:

On the other hand, I just thought about a McDonald's hamburger and kinda wanted to throw up just a little. So maybe that's my thing. McD's hamburgers just sound totally gross to me now.

mermaid20
12-19-2008, 07:59 PM
I totally agree with you joyra 100%. If I say never to particular foods, I end up binge-eating it!

I also don't eat any red meat or seafood (minus salmon), so I will never eat those again.
I also will never eat more than two slices of pizza in one sitting.
I won't drink milk.
I'll never eat an entire bag of chips with three large chocolate bars in one sitting.
I'll never eat mayonnaise in large quantities.
I'll never again go to a restaurant for all three meals in one day.
I'll never drink as much soda as I once did.

There are many, many changes.

Beautiful Ace
12-19-2008, 08:13 PM
I guess I'm not so much at the point you guys are... I would probably still eat everything I used to eat, just in moderation. Everything other than any fast food places... No McDonalds or Wendies bleh. Who knows though, I'm still a beginner in the healthy lifestyle group.

Beautiful Ace
12-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention.. I will never drink another soda again. Other than gingerale when I'm sick. It either makes me feel better, or gives me the illusion of such.

Wait no... that's a lie. LOL I will put diet sprite into my wine on occasion.

tryingitagain
12-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Anything FRIED...ugh...just sorta turns my stomach

ANOther
12-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I used to like soft-boiled egg when I was little. I never did like egg cooked any other way though (the mouthfeel of the solidified white squicks me out) and I eventually stopped eating soft-boiled egg, but now I don't mind scrambled Egg Beaters, and my mom gets Egg Beater for quiche

Wolf Goddess
12-20-2008, 05:56 PM
McDonald's burgers - I never liked them, and now that I have an In-N-Out near me, if I REALLY want a fast-food burger, and am so woefully lazy that I can't form some ground meat into a patty, I'll get it from there.

ANY Hostess products. I come from a baking family, and any of those nasty cakes and stuff make me ill.

JackieRn
12-20-2008, 08:30 PM
All these are good never gonna eat foods again especially bologna, spam and hot dogs, what freak foods they are. The prepackaged baked goods have to go as well if you're gonna indulge something better quality from a bakery or homemade is a way better use of those calories. Sadly, that means Debbie Snacks are added to my list as well, oh how I used to love oatmeal creme pies.

diamondinthedesert
12-29-2008, 08:45 PM
I think the things I will never eat again are just foods that are huge waste of calories. Like ranch dressing, or tons of ketchup, regular sodas, cream sauce, real sugar. I would rather eat tons of naturally lower calorie food as opposed to wasting calories on crap like ranch dressing and ketchup!

2fat2bphat
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Scrapple. I dont know if it was the way my father cooked it or it was the cup of syrup that I drowned it in. Couldnt get enough of it as a (skinny!) kid. Feeling meloncholy about 20yrs ago and tried to relive this memory. BIG MISTAKE! Havent had it since nor will I ever again.

FluffyGirl79
12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Real sugar
Pork
Hot dogs (although I do like turkey dogs!)

kaebea
12-30-2008, 04:03 PM
McDonalds...it just doesn't even seem like real food to me, it's not even a good excuse for binge food.

at least in wendy's i can sorta taste what might be beef in there. but i don't even care for wendy's much now that they've screwed up the Frosty recipe.

GoGreenAndLean
02-27-2009, 07:34 PM
-I will never again drink soda-I stopped three years ago and now think it's a waste.
-I will never ever eat mayo again.
-No more full-fat foods.
-No more real cheese-only vegan cheeses.
-No more real milk-soy milk please!
-No refined sugary-goods such as Tastycakes and whatnot.
-No more meat-vegetarian!
-WHITE BREAD!
There's probably a gillion more things that I can't think of right now.
And everything you guys said, I completely agree with.

harrismm
02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
red meat-havnt eaten in 15 years.Now am so glad cuz just about every possible cancer is linked to consumption of red meat.

nelie
02-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Meat
Dairy
Eggs

corazonas
02-27-2009, 10:29 PM
hm.... i really liked this post and was all excited to reply. but i haven't given up anything. i honestly can't think of one single thing in the world that i would NEVER eat again under ANY circumstances.... crazy...

BlueToBlue
02-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Mayonnaise sandwiches--ugh! I ate one too many as a kid and for a long time couldn't even stomach mayonnaise. Never ever again. I can still only eat mayonnaise if it is well-mixed with something else (e.g., egg salad). I never even want to lick the spoon.

Regular soda. I love diet soda, but regular has been too sweet for me since the glorious day that I discovered Tab!

Sea urchin. Ugh. Never again.

I'll never drink milk again either. My mom insisted we drink a glass every night with dinner and I hated the stuff. It was such a struggle to choke that glass down. I can promise you that now that I'm an adult and no one can force me to eat anything I don't want to, I will NEVER EVER EVER drink a glass a milk again.

But I gave up all of these things long before I ever started trying to eat healthy. Giving them up was a matter of taste; the decision had nothing to do with being healthy.

I'd like to say that I'll never eat packaged baked goods, chips, bologna, spam or other processed foods again but I know that's not realistic. I'm not a huge fan of bologna, but if I were really hungry and a bologna sandwich on white bread with mayo and processed American cheese were the only thing available (these situations can happen when you travel a lot, which I do), I'd probably eat it. But if a glass of milk and a mayonnaise sandwich (or sea urchin) were the only thing available, I'd go hungry.

jademarlene
02-27-2009, 10:56 PM
hm.... i really liked this post and was all excited to reply. but i haven't given up anything. i honestly can't think of one single thing in the world that i would NEVER eat again under ANY circumstances.... crazy...

Not crazy at all corazonas I feel the same way. I don't think there is anything that I will never eat again, I may not eat the stuff I used to in the the same amount or with the same frequency, but to be honest this thread has made me hungry.

zenor77
02-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Most pre-packaged processed foods, but especially soda. I can bear the thought of ever drinking not only all those calories, but all those chemicals. Ewww!

wickky
02-27-2009, 11:53 PM
I am an avid (or is it anal?) calorie-counter. I can honestly say there is no food that I will never eat again, unless it is due to taste.

With that being said, I will NEVER eat food in the same quanitity or frequency as I used to.
I now go fast-food about once a month instead of everyday - with the exception of subway and another sandwich shop near home.
I cannot remember the last time I ate a twinkie, cupcake or other pre-packaged baked good

Funny thin tho', we went to dinner the other night and my husband ordered deep-fried, lightly breaded mushrooms. These used to be one of my favorite foods and I could have eaten durned near the entire plate all by myself.

I ate 3 and felt sick from the grease. They did not hold the appeal that they once used to.

UrthWurm
02-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Things I will never eat again:
Meat
Dairy
Eggs
Lard
Fast food
Top Ramen
Soda (unless organic raspberry!)
White Bread (bring on the whole wheat!)
& Anything containing High fructose corn syrup

juls64
02-28-2009, 06:23 AM
Packaged baked goods.

This is what I was thinking of. Specifically, Otis Spunkmeyer Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffin.

steph324
02-28-2009, 11:16 AM
After seeing that it contains 1900 calories and 120 grams of fat, I will NEVER again eat Chilis Chicken Crispers!

CrazedLedZepFan
02-28-2009, 09:10 PM
hamburger/tuna/chicken helper
Processed garbage...mmm

janann
02-28-2009, 11:17 PM
I am never going to eat hot dogs, white foods or packaged foods again.

geoblewis
02-28-2009, 11:50 PM
Doughnuts and other fried breads / white bread / processed meats / foods containing corn syrup / "diet" foods

heather88
03-01-2009, 06:50 AM
White bread is definitely something that I wont go back to, either.
Most fried foods . . . like popcorn shrimp, funnel cakes, breaded chicken, chicken fried steak (unless my mom cooks it). I NEVER WANT to go back to drinking soda! No doughnuts, no CAKE, no candy bars from the gas station or grocery store . . . no snack cakes

I love jack n the box . . . especially their curly fries . . . I honestly can't say whether or not I'll completely cut out fast food because I occasionally find room in my calories to have a small burger and a small fry with water or unsweet tea.

nelie
03-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Not to nit pick but fast food burgers are made with white bread :)

I never ate much white sandwich bread, its been so long since I started eating 100% whole grain bread, that I don't remember what I ate sandwiches on before then. I'm guessing sourdough bread, I loved to eat sourdough sandwiches.

I won't ever say I'll give up white bread because I do like sourdough bread and french bread and will eat them occasionally, perhaps a couple times per year.

BettyBooty
03-03-2009, 01:03 PM
McDonald's - the last time i had one of their "burgers" and fires, I thought it tasted terrible, and sicne then my wonderful husband has commented on most McDonald's eateries smelling of armpits and unclean genitalia, which will kill any appetite you have for it.

Ramen - really high in fat and super-duper high in sodium. It was a cheap student meal, but just b/c something is 8/$1 doesn't mean you should eat it.

CrazedLedZepFan
03-03-2009, 07:11 PM
mcDonalds has gotten rather nasty over the years...though I guess it was always garbage.

ennay
03-03-2009, 10:24 PM
I will honestly say that I will never say NEVER. I have many foods I would PREFER not to eat and foods that will fall dang far down the list given other choices, but I also know that I dont do well without eating and I have a couple times gotten stuck in an emergency where my choices were of the type listed above or nothing.

(i.e Going into the doctor for a routine checkup and having my 2 month old son put in an ambulance to go into PICU overnight and having the hotel cafeteria closed by the time we checked in. Dinner choices were some prepackaged nukable stuff out of vending machines that make McD's look natural and unprocessed - I dont know how you make a cheeseburger have a shelf life of MONTHS )

jillnicole03
03-04-2009, 10:14 AM
Mayo sandwiches I agree!

I wouldn't eat any meat, but it really grosses me out to see pigs feet and tongue and all that weird stuff... yuck-o

lizziep
03-08-2009, 05:19 PM
my never eat again food items are more related to either having thrown them up before- or just plain eating too many. I threw up ramen, a snickers bar, and a corn dog- all in the same session... that was bad times. Those things are OFF my list of edible items. lol.
I used to eat a lot of vienna sausages when i was a little kid. just remembering how they smell gags me.
When I was on the south beach diet i ate a lot of those microwavable breakfast sausage links- i will never eat one of those again. real sausage maybe, and tvp sausage is good - but not those nasty little links. ugh.
i also can't stand the processed white bread. i mean, i'll eat white bread if it's ... like the milk & honey bread oh man thats good. but no wonder bread ever in my house. i remember mom used to methodically eat off the crusts then ball up the bread and eat it- and eat like a half a loaf at a time. gross.

LitaScarlett
03-19-2009, 10:57 AM
French fries...

This comes along with another thing I will never do again:

One of the ways I managed to put on as much weight as I have is that I could never say no to people. Sometimes to the point that I would eat one meal literally on top of the other so that I didn't have to let someone down (typically lunch with my mom, dinner with dad an hour later- ah the children of divorce). This happened not regularly, but often enough to know it was a bad idea until one day when I did it and spent half the afternoon nauseous on my couch and then the whole night with the porcelain gods. So not only will I never do that again, but I cannot look at another french fry without cringing.

chantelleypink
03-19-2009, 11:03 AM
A kebab! YUCK whole daily allowance of fat and calories!

sweet_talker
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
I totally agree with all the talk of Wonder Bread! That stuff has always creeped me out. I'll also never eat donair (I've never had it) bleh.

Also, my boyfriend eats cheese melted on bagels (don't know how he does it, or stay thin for that matter) the smell of full-fat melted cheddar cheese has always made me feel sick. :barf: Too much melted cheese in general is pretty gross. He is eating a lot better now though :)

freshmanweightorbust
03-19-2009, 01:39 PM
I totally agree about the cheese. It totally always got on my nerves how restaurants insist on flinging cheese on top of everything, and my friends always look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for something w/o cheese. Yuck!

I will never ever eat a hush puppy ever again. Never. This ought not to be that difficult because I didn't grow up with them, I discovered them when I moved to the southern U.S. a few years ago. I had never seen them in the midwest, and that's just fine. I think they're even worse than french fries because at least fries/chips are potato. Hush puppies are just fried cornbread batter.

I'm making myself sick thinking about that garbage and how much of it I used to eat...

Leenie
03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Vienna Sausages
Spam
Mac & Cheese in a can (same makers of Spaghetti O's... ick)
Pop Tarts

:D

nelie
03-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Leenie - I'm not sure I've ever had any of those.

alinnell
03-20-2009, 05:14 PM
My Dad wouldn't allow Spam in our house, so I've never tasted it. Doubt I ever will.

My FIL won't eat any bread EXCEPT white! I serve ww bread or pasta and he complains! I wonder--is this why he ended up diabetic???

I've never tasted ramen. I do like oriental food, but I prefer things with some fresh meat and vegetables in it--not dried, reconstituted stuff.

I will not eat a hotdog or bologna--I hate them both. There are just too many other good things out there to eat.

Lima beans. Here is one thing that may be good for you but I sure hate them (so does my Mom--she would never buy them!).

Pickled herring. Ewww! Probably sardines as well.

Any Chef-Boy-R-Dee product. I remember eating Spaghetti-O's as a child and thought they were pretty good. I attempted to give them to my DD once when she was young and she refused. So I tasted it--and immediately threw it out and made her some REAL pasta!

I mean seriously, with all the choices out there, why would anyone chose to eat something that didn't taste good to them and that has little nutritional value?

Jassica
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
mayonaise sandwiches...just white bread with mayo, a good 400-500 calories worth. i don't even know how I ever stomached those.

wow .... lol yuckiee

ennay
03-21-2009, 01:16 AM
A kebab! YUCK whole daily allowance of fat and calories!

Some kebabs are actually quite healthy. I've got some pork kebabs marinating right now.

squeak351
03-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Something I will never eat again...

potted meat... eww..read the label

and

red hot dogs.. ewwww

angelmom313
03-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Funnel cakes, deep fried twinkies/oreos, and probably donuts...(I may have a donut every now and then...but I think my tastes will probably change and I won't want it, which is what I am hoping for).

migotokokoro
03-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Beef and Pork. The only reason I ever eat it is if there literally isn't anything in the house, because my family does eat it.

kiramira
03-22-2009, 03:40 PM
I used to take that prepackaged cheese with cracker crap for lunches growing up -- you know, the small cube of processed cheese on one side with four compressed sawdust over-sweet bisuit thingees on the other side with a red plastic paddle for a knife?!!!
yech...
Kira

kelly315
03-22-2009, 04:23 PM
cookie dough. I could eat a whole tub of that stuff in the course of a day. Yelch.

alinnell
03-22-2009, 05:30 PM
So earlier I said I would never eat a hot dog again...well, I ate one. But let me tell you the entire set of circumstances:

I was in a golf tournament yesterday. I had a healthy breakfast at 7 AM and was prepared for a 8:30 tee time. I get to the golf course and am informed it isn't a shotgun start and that my actual tee time is at 9:52. Well, it was actually later than that. Anyway, after 9 holes, my stomach is growling so bad! Water isn't helping at all. The tournament had hot dogs available for everyone at the clubhouse. So I ate one. It was included and there was no time for me to run in and order anything else. So it tasted...okay...and it helped the hunger tremendously, but I burped up the taste of hot dogs for the rest of the day. YUCK!

Thighs Be Gone
03-22-2009, 05:37 PM
I will never eat a birthday cake by myself again.

For the record, I love me some vienna sausages. Are they actually from Vienna? Having been there I somehow doubt it.

Spam? No way, no how.

nelie
03-22-2009, 06:25 PM
I've never had funnel cake or deep fried twinkies/oreos. I think I've had regular twinkies maybe twice and they weren't very good.

One of the weirdest things I did have was deep fried ribs, when we were in China. I think in the same meal we had fried crickets but for some reason I think the ribs were odder.

cbmare
03-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Baloney - YUCK!

My parents didn't like spinach so we didn't have it at home. I could only get it at school in my lunch. I loved it! I loved it anyway I could get it. Now I won't touch canned spinach. I don't even like frozen very much. I love fresh spinach.

I won't eat fast food hamburgers any more. In fact, I rarely have ground beef in any form any more.

mayness
03-27-2009, 07:34 AM
red hot dogs.. ewwww

Are you from western NY state? I've never seen anyone refer to "red hot dogs" unless they also had regular access to white ones. :)

tara333
03-27-2009, 07:59 AM
sweet breads (sheeps balls)

alinnell
03-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Are you from western NY state? I've never seen anyone refer to "red hot dogs" unless they also had regular access to white ones. :)

They make white hot dogs?

cbmare
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM
They make white hot dogs?

I was wondering the same thing. LOL.

cbmare
03-27-2009, 01:31 PM

No they aren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetbread

They are thymus glands. Some consider the pancreas as sweet bread and some don't.

mayness
03-27-2009, 03:24 PM
If you've never had a white hot dog, and you like pork, DON'T try one, they're addictive. :)

They're made from all pork, and not from weird junk parts of the pig... they don't have any nitrites in them (or at least very little -- I know people who are allergic to nitrites that can eat them). They're seasoned a little differently, they taste like the most mild sausage you've ever had. Now I've got a craving, lol.

alinnell
03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
If you've never had a white hot dog, and you like pork, DON'T try one, they're addictive. :)

They're made from all pork, and not from weird junk parts of the pig... they don't have any nitrites in them (or at least very little -- I know people who are allergic to nitrites that can eat them). They're seasoned a little differently, they taste like the most mild sausage you've ever had. Now I've got a craving, lol.

Wow. Never heard of or seen them. They do sound good, though! Thanks for the insight.

Cie
03-27-2009, 04:48 PM

:lol:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sweetbreads are the thymus glands and pancreas glands of lamb, beef, or pork. There are two different connected parts to the thymus gland, both set in the neck.

Sheeps balls are pretty yucky too. :D

Su-Bee
03-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Nope, nothing. Anything I will never eat, I have never enjoyed - there is no "again" about it! Things that fall into this category are stuff like scrapple, Spam, Vienna sausages, all that stuff - I have never eaten those items, and I never will.

Anything that I enjoy, I will continue to eat, in moderation. I wouldn't want it any other way.

SweetScrumptious
03-29-2009, 07:27 PM
When I was little, I used to love peanut butter + butter sandwiches (so I put a layer of butter plus a layer of peanut butter). Now... I can't even think about doing that again. I believe a couple years ago I thought about trying it again and omg it was gross!

Renacer
03-30-2009, 05:56 PM
I didn't know a mayo sandwich is 500 calories. I used to ate so many growing up, just as a snack.:dizzy:

Never again!

dutchgirl
04-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Some kebabs are actually quite healthy. I've got some pork kebabs marinating right now.

You've probably never had a kebab in Europe. Here they are usually made of either a Pita pocket or a white bread roll stuffed with "doner", which is a large round glob of meat that rotates in front of a grill. Slices of this stuff are cut off The origin of the meat is unfathomable and it is fairly highly spiced, which makes me suspicious.

After the meat follows a large dollop of fatty, mayonaise-based garlic sauce and some token bits of veg.
I promise you, it is a stomachache waiting to happen.

A nice kebab with lean meat and/or veg skewered on a stick I wouldn't turn down, but a doner kebab - never again:barf:.

nelie
04-03-2009, 11:56 AM
dutchgirl - That sounds like what we call a gyro. They slice meat off and then top it with tzatzki which is usually a full fat yogurt sauce. Kebabs here are generally grilled meat and sometime grilled veggies which are chopped up and put on a thin wooden stick.

Vegaspunkermom
04-03-2009, 12:44 PM
When I was little, I used to love peanut butter + butter sandwiches (so I put a layer of butter plus a layer of peanut butter). Now... I can't even think about doing that again. I believe a couple years ago I thought about trying it again and omg it was gross!

Wow, that sounds pretty intense LOL! We did toast with peanut butter & brown sugar sprinkled on top. UGH! I wouldnt touch that with a stolen spoon now!

I think my "never agains" are:

Ground beef: I love ground turkey SO much now, and my husband cooks it SO well, I wouldnt even bother with the old greasy junk!

Any milk other than fat free or soy: The thickness of it makes me instantly gag now!

Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo: An old favorite, in fact, the only thing I ate at Olive Garden for about 7 years, every time I went there. After seeing it has 1430 calories, and a whopping 82 grams of fat, NEVER again (but it will be missed!)

I suppose there are MANY things Ill probably never ALLOW myself to eat again, and I will miss many of them. Funny how we lost old habits, but now have new habits, eating healthy foods! :D

JulieJ08
04-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Olive Garden's Chicken Alfredo: An old favorite, in fact, the only thing I ate at Olive Garden for about 7 years, every time I went there. After seeing it has 1430 calories, and a whopping 82 grams of fat, NEVER again (but it will be missed!)

I don't care much for alfredo, but I love a really good homemade mac and cheese. I found I just do it differently - have it as a small side rather than entree, in place of bread or rice or something like that. But that won't help much at Olive Garden, where you have to buy the whole big entree :o.

nurseliz04
04-11-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll never eat anything with high fructose corn syrup again...I'm convinced it's the cause of SOME of my weight gain over the last 10 years....I'll also never eat a whole bag of double stuff oreos...in one sitting..oh, it also has HFCS!

ICUwishing
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm done, as much as is possible, with eating factory-built crap like HFCS, artificial sweeteners, fake colors, trans-fats, non-fermented soy "products", and whenever I can, any mega-farmed meat. The "Omnivore's Dilemma" was absolutely the best book I've read in decades.

kiramira
04-13-2009, 07:58 PM
White bread with sweetened condensed milk as a spread (like honey, only sweeter. Completely addictive...good times....)
Kira

amy180
04-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Regular soda: after switching to diet it tastes horrid and thick and syrupy. It gives me a stomachache, even, and doesn't even taste good to me. I can drink things like the occasional diet sprite now, and I sometimes I drink unsweetened flavored water.

Fried food. It grosses me out now, and it makes my skin break out.

Milk and other dairy, I've just never liked it, and I try to get my calcium, etc from other sources.

Pancakes, waffles, syrup: I never ate these a lot, but the thought of the syrup really grosses me out. Nothing against maple syrup really, the good stuff is good and I'll have the occassion one of those real maple syrup candies as a treat like once a year, but the regular grocery-store syrup is pretty much corn syrup colored brown, and I get grossed out just thinking about putting that on food and eating it.

Here they are usually made of either a Pita pocket or a white bread roll stuffed with "doner", which is a large round glob of meat that rotates in front of a grill. Slices of this stuff are cut off. The origin of the meat is unfathomable and it is fairly highly spiced, which makes me suspicious.
Argh I love Döner and survived on the stuff for weeks at a time when I was in Germany. Of course, I was also at my lowest weight then and didn't care about the origin of the meat or how many calories might be in one.

I'll never eat anything with high fructose corn syrup again...I'm convinced it's the cause of SOME of my weight gain over the last 10 years....I'll also never eat a whole bag of double stuff oreos...in one sitting..oh, it also has HFCS!
Same. I'm still working on this one, but getting there...

smh219
04-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Let's see... uggh. General Tso Chicken from the local teriyaki shop. It's not exactly related to making a healthier choice, but I got sick from it once and... yeah. :P Fortunately, I don't miss it. (Now orange chicken, that's another story...)

Alfredo sauce - kinda grosses me out. It's less healthy than red marinara, right?

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Mock Chicken! There is a reason they call it mock - I used to love it. SO GROSS!!

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh and baby carrots! They are made from deformed carrots and dipped in cholorine! That's why they get white when they get a little dry!!

kittycat40
04-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh and baby carrots! They are made from deformed carrots and dipped in cholorine! That's why they get white when they get a little dry!!

I had NO IDEA!!!! :(

Brown Eyed Staccie
04-17-2009, 08:31 PM
I Know I was disappointed because they are a great snack. I know there are so many foods bad out there for you but I can't bring myself to eat them anymore. I will only eat the real carrots now - cute ones like the dancing carrot !

midwife
04-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Read what snopes has to say about the baby carrot issue:

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.asp

I'll keep eating them!

rockinrobin
04-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I'll keep eating them!

Me too!!! And quite often, I might add. ;)

kittycat40
04-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Read what snopes has to say about the baby carrot issue:

http://www.snopes.com/food/tainted/carrots.asp

I'll keep eating them!

thx for the link. the more you know the questions you have, eh? :p

freshmanweightorbust
04-18-2009, 09:14 AM
I will never eat corned-beef hash again, now that I know that 1 serving is almost pure fat and like 400 calories... which wouldn't be so big a deal except that I traditionally eat it with other things like eggs and buttered toast. So I just avoid it altogether now.

I will think twice before pulling into the drive through now, too. I've done really well with that this year, having had fast food only three times since January 1. I've only had takeout pizza three times this year, as well.

My sister and I used to live together and we would go to Olive Garden and drink a couple of tall beers and plow our ways through big plates of pasta and multiple breadsticks once a week. She always got the mushroom ravioli with marinara, which I can only assume is a bit more healthy than what I always used to get, the CHICKEN ALFREDO. Sigh. I do kind of miss the chicken alfredo, but I don't doubt for a minute that it is every bit of 1500 calories without the breadsticks. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. Especially when we always used to get the tiramisu or whatever afterward... Holy ****, no wonder we're fat!

Wolf Goddess
04-18-2009, 02:45 PM

I live in an area where chlorine tablets are still used to disinfect water because it's a helluva lot safer than drinking the water from the tap.

freshmanweightorbust: I have a good light chicken alfredo recipe, if you're interested.

SweetScrumptious
04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh I remember the snacks I used to love that my mom would buy us for school...

Although I still find them good, I am not tempted at all to buy them. I haven't had these for years:
-Pop tarts
-Gushers
-Dunkaroos
-Freezies
-Lunchables

kelly315
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
hmmm...probably soft drinks or other sugared drinks. It's so weird to drink you calories away!

rockinrobin
04-18-2009, 07:34 PM
hmmm...probably soft drinks or other sugared drinks. It's so weird to drink you calories away!

I'm with you. I really dislike using the word never, but I think it might truly apply here. I can't fathom ever, ever drinking any of that stuff. I need to CHEW my calories.

Ija
04-18-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm with you. I really dislike using the word never, but I think it might truly apply here. I can't fathom ever, ever drinking any of that stuff. I need to CHEW my calories.

I prefer to chew my calories as well and thus have given up soda, but I make exceptions for Dogfish Head IPA and Smuttynose Porter! (and sometimes Magic Hat #9) :D

rockinrobin
04-18-2009, 08:32 PM
I prefer to chew my calories as well and thus have given up soda, but I make exceptions for Dogfish Head IPA and Smuttynose Porter! (and sometimes Magic Hat #9) :D

What in the world is Dogfish Head IPA and Smuttynose Porter and Magic Hat #9. Assuming they might be alcoholic beverages..............

I did say I would most likely never drink SUGARY drinks - alcoholic ones - those I will indulge in from time to time. ;)

Ija
04-18-2009, 11:07 PM
Robin, those are my favorite craft beers... the exception to my no liquid calories rule!

Renacer
04-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Our local Diner "meat lovers special" for breakfast:

Two fried eggs
2 sausages
Bacon
2 slices of ham
Home fries and toast

:dizzy:

JulieJ08
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
I think I discovered one this month - those white dinner rolls you buy all in a flat, precooked. Not the crusty kind, the soft doughy kind. Ick, it was just tasteless. I used to LOVE those,and it was just ick.

poohshunny
04-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Sardines! For the life of me, I do not know how I ate those things as a child. Now, I would flip at the sight. :p

Diet pop or sweetened drinks - I drink my coffee, tea, and water plain. It just tastes better that way to me. It's been 3 years since I quit the diet drinks and even longer since I quit the sweetener in coffee and tea. I do enjoy Miller 64 and an occasional margarita. :cheers:

craftykath
04-28-2009, 03:46 PM
When I was in high school I could eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (usually Chunky Monkey) in one go. Now I rarely eat ice cream at all, and the thought of an entire pint of that stuff in one sitting? Nauseating. I also can't eat pizza anymore. Occasionally I'll get a craving for the crusts, but for the rest of it, yuck.

craftykath
04-28-2009, 03:47 PM
Diet pop or sweetened drinks - I drink my coffee, tea, and water plain. It just tastes better that way to me. It's been 3 years since I quit the diet drinks and even longer since I quit the sweetener in coffee and tea. I do enjoy Miller 64 and an occasional margarita. :cheers:

Oh, Diet Coke, the bane of my existence. Easily my worst food/beverage vice. How did you get yourself to quit? I'm so addicted to the stuff.

Glory87
04-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Chicken alfredo

Bloomin' Onion

Sugary soda

McDonald's fries

I'm okay with giving those foods up forever.

Ija
04-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Glory, alfredo was a staple of my diet three years ago. I couldn't imagine my life without my weekly outings to Olive Garden for seafood alfredo with breadsticks on the side. Nowadays, though, I can't even remember the last time I sat down to such a dish, and I don't miss it!

greenie
06-04-2010, 04:52 PM
Things I will never eat again:

diet soda
processed fat free foods
soy products
margarine

cheerios
06-04-2010, 05:20 PM
double cheeseburger from mcdonalds (their so oily and when I open the wrapper the wrapper is covered with oil and they make it so fast that it looks sloppy! I rather would make my own!) Gosh I use to eat cheap and when I wanted to eat cheap it was a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds and i am glad i haven't had one in a really long time.

MeganTheMushroom
06-04-2010, 10:37 PM
For ethical, environmental, and/or health reasons I will never again eat:

Meat
Fast food (mcdonalds especially)
bottled water
Boca and morning star
I won't drink milk anymore.
The only animal products I will eat directly are yogurt and eggs, and they must be organic.

Hersheys/Mars/Nestle chocolate, or any other brands that buy their cocoa bean from child laborers, and also use more sugar than cocoa, of course

And there are more, too, but I cant think right now :p

Mikan
06-05-2010, 12:25 PM
I will never eat these things again:
Meats, any meats but I was gorging on Hamburgers, Beef dip sandwiches, and chicken wings.
White Breads (For the most part. I now buy a loaf of Ezekiel bread)
Milk (I have switched to soy milk)
Cheese (I am allergic anyway and have switched to soy cheese, if any)
Milk chocolate (I used to have a bar everyday)
Diet Products (Such has Skinny Cow, Protein Shakes, etc. These are diet busters in disguise waiting for us who are obsessed with dieting to buy them. Most of them are full of ingredients that many professionals and doctors speculate makes us fat despite whatever calories are in them.)
Sugary Sodas (I only have sparkling water now)
Froyo ( The "Healthy" dessert that is no where near healthy)
Mixed Coffee drinks (If I want coffee, I'll have it plain or with a soy creamer. preferably make it at home from organic beans. I can have the best coffee at home for nowhere near the price of Starbucks. The frappes are not worth fitting into my diet. Its about 1$ in cost for every 100-150 calories they add in a drink!)
Boba
Vitamin drinks (these have added sugar and lower my immune system)
"Healthy" Jamba Juice Smoothies- (I just make my own with frozen fruits at home. No more surprises from the store when you find out that smoothie snack is really 500+ calories)
Eggs- I cannot NOT overdo eggs. Healthy high protein snack? Not when I eat omlettes with 3 eggs twice a day. Now I just scramble tofu. For omegas I use flax.

Going vegan has helped me simply not even want to look at 99% of all the processed items at the grocery store. They are simply full of animal products for no reason at all. This helps me avoid extra fats, sugars, and cost. My trip to the store now consists of going to the bulk bins, then to the produce aisle, then to soy milks, yogurts, and other items, and maybe to the condiments if I need to restock. :)

& like MeganTheMushroom I am also trying to not use bottled water. Instead I put a little bit in my thermos now until I can get a new Stainless steel bottle. :)

Aiesline
06-05-2010, 06:55 PM
helpings of self loathing, depression, anger, resentment,and boredom all wrapped up in unhealthy food. I refuse to eat my feelings anymore.

jenlag
06-05-2010, 06:59 PM
I used to eat it as a kid but now for some reason, I can't even look at someone eating white bread (think classic white wonderbread). I just think of it as white, fluffy, and nutritionally irrelevant. I was watching tv and this guy was eating it and I couldn't watch. I know some people love the stuff and they have come up with some whole wheat white type but I'm not a fan. What's yours?

Wonder Bread actually puts out a Smart White bread now. I don't eat bread, but I buy this one for my 5 year old. It's chock full of vitamins, fiber, calcium etc.

Natalia
06-08-2010, 01:09 AM
But, donairs are super yummy. And, when you've grown up with donairs, that gross, out-of place sauce they put in gyros is stomach-churning. (Though I hear the reverse is also true: if you're used to gyros, the sweet donair sauce is unsettling.) Also enjoy donair pizza :)

Something I'll never eat again? Pink Elephant popcorn, why did I use to like that crap? Gross.

cocomama
06-12-2010, 05:34 AM
pork chops yuk!

Tuca125
06-12-2010, 10:12 AM
soda , and thas all.

Wannabeskinny
06-14-2010, 09:12 AM
My list is more about switching from processed food to real food rather than cutting out foods themselves. For example I wouldn't eat mcdonalds french fries but I do make french fries from scratch at home, using healthy oil and fresh potatoes that I cut by hand. I would never say I won't eat a hamburger again but after seeing Food Inc. I haven't ordered a hamburger out at a restaurant since. I do make them at home with beef that I've ground myself and real cheese and real toppings.

Margarine - I can't believe I used to eat this stuff thinking it was healthy. Only real butter now.

Anything labeled low-fat or fat-free - that includes milk, cheese, yogurt and mayo. They put so much sugar in low fat foods that I can't eat them anymore. I like real mayo and a little goes a long way. The only people I see eating these highly processed foods are fat people who are trying to lose weight. Healthy people eat REAL food. I make my own mayonnaise.

Bologna - I have discovered mortadella which is much better and much healthier.

Artificial sweeteners - I drink unsweetened coffee and real soda - diet drinks are out of the question. That stuff is poison.

Pre-packaged baked goods - if i want a cookie I'll make it from scratch, if I want a muffin I'll make it from scratch. I don't want any HFCS in my foods.

Canned vegetables - except for tomatoes