Old 12-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #1  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Question losing my faith, please help

Hi my name is Daphne. I have been a member of 3FC for a little over a year. I usually post in the 100 pound forum. I have been dealing with a back injury for 5 years. I have a herniated disk with a pinched nerve in my left leg. It causes severe pain in my leg. I have had 2 surgeries that relieved the pain for a short period of time. My last surgery was in May. The pain was gone for about 6 months but returned in October. It has slowly gotten worse. I am currently unable to get out of bed because the pain is so excrutiating when I stand up. I have a 7 year old daughter and it makes me sad because I am missing out on her life. I have missed out on so many things with her life because of my back. She worries about me and she shouldnt have to. I am trying to have faith that God has a plan and that I am going through this for a reason. But as each day passes I am slowly losing my faith. I am getting depressed. I cant live the rest of my life like this. The pain is so bad and I feel like my life is a waste. What is my purpose when I can do absolutely nothing but lay in bed and watch tv. I need some encouragement. Can someone please help me. I feel lost. I want to go to church so bad but I can not sit for that long. I am becoming angry and that scares me. I dont want to be angry with God. I dont know how to stop these feelings. I dont want to lose my faith.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:19 PM   #2  

I am so sorry you are feeling this low. Please know that God loves you beyond measure and that he is with you. I urge you to tell his specifically what you are feeling. Cry out to him and just talk with him like you told us. Ask him to give you the wisdom and the discernment to know what steps to make to eliminate this body pain/condition from you, where you can go to church and worship him and where you can be the mom you long to be. Be very SPECIFIC with your prayer. Let me share my devotional from Monday with you. This is what it ask?

Do you have a place of shelter where you seek only HIS face? Have you given PRAYER the priority it deserves? It is so easy to emphasize all the involvements of being with people, rather than being alone ina secret place with HIM. As a result of time invested in the secret place, we gain and invincible sense of GOD'S direction and the REASSURANCE of HIS hand on our lives. My heart says of you, "SEEK his face!" Your face, Lord, I will SEEK.
PSALM 27:8

I can only imagine how difficult it is to live with this kind of pain. I will pray for you that you are given some immediate relief. I always find it helpful to stay in the word when I am feeling not as faithful as I should. There is something so uplifting to just open up your Bible to any area and begin reading. Sometimes I don't plan it out..I just pick up my Bible and I open it up. Let God lead you. If you don't have a study Bible I highly recommend one. Clarity & WISDOM do wonders for the human SPIRIT.

Please know, again, that you are his child. He loves you so much and he does not want you to continue to suffer. He will NEVER leave you!

Last edited by Skinny4baby; 12-17-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Skinny4baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:46 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DAPHNE ~ hugs to you, as I know you could use some. I sent up prayers for the Lord's healing grace upon your life and your body today.

I have and do suffer lots of pain. I agree with SKINNY that GOD LOVES YOU, and He does care about you and your pain. Something has just gone wrong in your body, that's all. Have you reported this new reoccurrence of pain to your doctor? I hope so, becuz maybe there is something they can do, esp if you are bed-ridden.

Sometimes these pains will lessen and go away; that has been my experience so far. Mine get irritated by housework and exercises, or just overdoing it; so I have to be very careful all the time. If you are in a rest period, spend some time reading and memorizing POSITIVE SCRIPTURES; meditating and singing the PSALMS: this has so helped me. I write poems and songs and sing; and claim healing OUT LOUD from scriptures like JEREMIAH 30:17, MALACHI 4:2, PSALM 147:3, ISAIAH 53:5, and so on.

WHY does GOD allow these suffering periods in our life? Notice that I said ALLOW, not cause. Life causes us pain sometimes, not GOD. But GOD is with you, right by your side; and will help you get through this, and show you how to OVERCOME this trial in your life ...

Maybe you need some help from others (ie doctors and/or family); maybe you need to rest for awhile (your body may need more time to heal that disc); maybe you could use this time to grow spiritually and get much closer to GOD (give Him some of your attention today); and GOD may be trying to help you in some way that only you could know about personally.

You do have a purpose; we all do. You can become a PRAYER WARRIOR; that's what I did becuz of my physical challenges. You can encourage and support others as a Christian and a person. Did you ever work, or go to college? Do you have a special talent or skill that GOD might be able to develop right now?

You have a computer, so you can join other prayer groups and get support and encouragement from them too. Do like to write or paint? You can read to your daughter and tell stories together. You can still do things together during this time. Can you get access to an electric wheelchair to use until you feel better? There are ways to adapt while you are healing. Do you see what I mean?

Continue to live while you heal. Do what you can. And learn to do new things, in new ways. Can you get help from your family or homecare? Do you have a female relative that could take your daughter to places she might need to go to? That would help her a lot too. By being more positive, you can be an example to your daughter: teaching her by example that setbacks don't have to be permanent. A living example is the best example in this life.

So, how do you do that? Write down positive affirmations and say them out loud. Read positive stories. Limit your TV watching and to positive stuff only. Spend more time with your daughter playing games, reading, doing crafts, and helping with her homework (if she has any).

In the meanwhile, we will pray along with you for healing and a full recovery. Hang in there; and don't give up. Keeping the faith is just affirming what we are trying to believe. Faith is believing without seeing. Even if you don't feel it; just affirm it, and eventually, it will be reality. Try it: it works!

2 CORINTHIANS 1:3-5 ~ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. (2 Corinthians 1:3–5)

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-17-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 284/279/170

Height: 5'11

Dear Dek6,
I am so sorry that you are going through this.
Please do not let the evil one deceive you. God has not abandoned you. Many of the Saints and Martyrs of the early church suffered horribly. It is important to remember that your suffering is temporary and that by suffering, you are providing others the opportunity to keep Christs commandments. You are helping your daughter to learn patience, love and how to endure hardships. It is an honor and blessing to care for others.
I am praying for your healing.

Last edited by WifeyBoo; 12-18-2008 at 10:31 AM. Reason: typo
WifeyBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:50 AM   #5  
Closed

S/C/G: 186

Height: 5'6

Daphene, sweet lady, I believe you have been given wonderful advice. Especially the part Rosebud said :

Continue to live while you heal. Do what you can. And learn to do new things, in new ways. Can you get help from your family or homecare? Do you have a female relative that could take your daughter to places she might need to go to? That would help her a lot too. By being more positive, you can be an example to your daughter: teaching her by example that setbacks don't have to be permanent. A living example is the best example in this life.

So, how do you do that? Write down positive affirmations and say them out loud. Read positive stories. Limit your TV watching and to positive stuff only. Spend more time with your daughter playing games, reading, doing crafts, and helping with her homework (if she has any).

If you could take up embroidery,or croshay you might could sell some items.

WOW! What a way to show your sweet daughter even though your down for now, it is not going to stop you! Go Girl, grab a hold of this special chance to make a difference in your sweet daughters life. Please keep us updated.With My Christian Love Nita Ann

Last edited by Nita Ann; 12-20-2008 at 01:52 AM.
Nita Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #6  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

All I can say is that you've received some wonderful info from some really faithful people. You're in my prayers. Before my recent weight loss, I had a great deal of back and leg pain and was having problems standing, sitting, and walking. I even had a spinal injection which made it worse, so went into physical therapy. The doctors all told me that losing weight wouldn't help, but after getting my weight down to about 230, the pain almost completely went away and now rarely bothers me. I just say that to let you know that there is hope for the pain to leave. God heals all wounds-to the heart, soul, and body-and I know He cares for you and will help you. Prayers for you
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

You have received excellent advice and wisdom! I agree with the one that said to do what you can where you are. Your daughter will be happy with time reading or just talking. I would've loved my mom just sitting (or lying) and talking to me! We think that we are suppose to do so much more, when its that simple quality time that does it!

Also, take this time to really dig into His word. I know that He says this to me often and when i don't listen...He removes all distractions so that I can do what He has told me...COME TO HIM. Come to Me all who are burdened and heavy laden and i will give you rest.

He seeks for us, He YEARNS for us to come to Him! Remember when you were first in love and how much you wanted to be near that person? Well, that is how much HE wants to be near you now. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. You will be amazed at the difference in your spirit, life and body!

Peace and healing be unto you. In Jesus name. Amen
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:24 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

dek6 , praying for you. Continue to trust in God, he will see you through.
I have a serious illness and after being prayed for by my church I have found a wonderful peace and calmness. I believe this is an answer to prayer. Philippians 4 vs 6-7. " the peace of God which passes all understanding".

Last edited by bargoo; 01-01-2009 at 09:29 AM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

God showed me this scripture when I was praying for my mom after her multiple strokes "When you pray and ask for something, believe that you have received it, and you will be given whatever you ask for" (Mark 11;24)
Also, pray as it has already been done, Thank God for your healing, By His Stripes We Are Healed

You will be in my prayers
willow650 is offline   Reply With Quote