40-Somethings - Forty-Four & Frumpy

View Full Version : Forty-Four & Frumpy

CruiseCAT
12-17-2008, 10:37 AM
I am new to the boards but not new to going on "plan". I have now hit an all time low. I have yo yo'd my way up to a high of 194 (last year) from 125.

I have struggled with weight since I was a child and I know from experience being fit changes my life for the better. I have a good life; a husband that loves me unconditionally, a son & DIL that gave me a beautiful grandson, and the time and money to do what I want (within reason). But the fact is I almost never leave the house, the husband that loves me unconditionally is neglected, and if I don't change things that grandbaby will be attending his mema's funeral.

I so want this to be the last time that I feel and look this way. That is why I am here. Please help me on my journey.

Thighs Be Gone
12-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Sounds like you need to "get your groove" back CruiseCat. Just put your nose to the grindstone and you will be a MILF in no time! --or GILF as the case may be. :)

OnTargetforLife
12-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Welcome!

You will find a wealth of information and support here to help you along the way.

alinnell
12-17-2008, 01:24 PM
CruiseCAT~I commented on another thread (threadkillers) that you're in the high desert and I'm in the low desert.

Lots of rain for us today!

Welcome to 3FC!! :welcome2:

Forme
12-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi Cat:

Life can be tough and at times we need a little help with getting motivated to do anything. Sounds like you have many blessings in your life to do this for. I am trying to loose the weight that I gained when my oldest (43) sister died of a heart attack two years ago December 7th. The weight was falling off of me for the first few weeks due to stress, and then one morning I woke up and I had gained 7 pounds. I currenlty want to loose 12 that is what I have gained in the last two years. I wish us both tons of luck.

Take care of yourself.

Beth

CruiseCAT
12-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I am very blessed and grateful for those blessings.

As I said one of my big motivators right now is my grandson. Both of my parents died at a young age (46 & 58) and my father never even knew his grandson. I don't want that for by grandbaby.

I'm here for you too. We can do this!!

Onmyway
12-17-2008, 10:39 PM
You've come to the right place. These boards are a great source of inspiration as well as friendship. Together we can all do this!

C

fatmad
12-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Cat, you mentioned you seldom leave the house, why is that? embarrassment related to weight, or something else? If you really have a disorder that makes going out painfully difficult, getting medical attention for this may help with your weight problem too, they can be interconnected.
I hope we can help and support you on the way, look forward to hearing more from you.

CruiseCAT
12-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Cat, you mentioned you seldom leave the house, why is that? embarrassment related to weight, or something else? If you really have a disorder that makes going out painfully difficult, getting medical attention for this may help with your weight problem too, they can be interconnected.
I hope we can help and support you on the way, look forward to hearing more from you.

I don't like going out because I am embarrassed; I especially hate going shopping. I don't suffer panic attacks or anything like that I just don't like to. I usually plan all my running around to take place one or two days during the week.

I travel a great deal and IF there came a time that I gave that up I would definitely seek help.