Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/lost 140+ lbs/125

Default anyone have a slow weight loss this week that drives them crazy?

Hi--

This is a kind of strange post to add onto this forum. The past couple of weeks, I've been thrilled with the results... my pants get looser and looser each week and I'm gaining muscle in my legs, and I can definitely see less stomach rolls on my belly as well!

I couldn't weigh myself last week due to TOM, but I did earlier today... only three friggin' pounds in 2 weeks I guess in most situations, I'd take it with a grain of salt and say "eh, at least you're losing and gaining muscle in the process compared to past weight loss attempts!" (Plus I'm not killing myself exercising as well compared to my first real serious attempt to lose weight over a year and a half ago, but I'm enjoying exercising instead )

It's just... the scale read 203 pounds today. And based on how much my pants have gotten baggy in the past 2 weeks-- plus with my walking exercise & increasing my activity level with errands/house cleaning chores, drinking a lotta water/plain herbal tea, and my calorie counting, I was sure I'd be good for 4-5 lbs for 2 weeks.

I know people say enjoy ur look in the mirror/pant size loss and ignore the scale. It's just... 203 lbs! 4 dang pounds before I get to Onderland... which I was hoping I'd reach by New Year's.

Sigh. On one hand, I luv luv luv how I feel in those baggy-ier, and baggy-ier pants! And I've gotten quite a lotta comments from people asking me in the last 2 weeks if I'd been losing weight since it's becoming obvious.

On the other hand... 4 lbs?! Aughhhh...... *tearing hair out off my head metaphorically*

Anyone else have a slow weight loss that drives them crazy? Solutions?

Me, I first take comfort that at least I am still losing weight... then I go rant on 3fatchicks-- and after that, I read a book or watch a movie rather than overeat on food for consolation.
teawithsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/234/135

Height: 5'6"

A 1.5 lb average loss per week is just about average as to a healthy weight loss rate... I really wouldn't call it slow. And, even if you do think it's slow regardless of that, a slow loss is better than no loss, yes?
Horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I agree 3lbs in 2 weeks is not slow in my book, if I lost that I'd be

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 145/137/116

Height: 5"4

I only lost 1lbs over the last week despite my best efforts and I'm definitely frustrated, especially with Christmas & several pre-Christmas dinner parties coming up! So I feel your pain. :s
neeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:05 AM   #5  
Transforming

S/C/G: 228/184/164

Height: 5' 7"

The more close you're to your goal..the slower your weight loss would become.
rinku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:24 AM   #6  
Stepping Up

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 9.5

i only just restarted and im losing about half a pound to a pound a week.

slow is better than up.
PrettyPaula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:33 AM   #7  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Expectations adjustment! Three pounds in two weeks is fine!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:47 AM   #8  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I hear you girly. I was going at 2 to 3 lbs a week, but last week I dropped from 301 to 302 and have been sitting at that a couple days. I really do think though it's because I didn't eat enough. And I just got my elliptical so I think I have to find a way to eat a little more calories, or something. Don't get discouraged whatever you do. Just thank your lucky stars that you're still losing you know? Plus with the exercise you may be losing a lot more than the scale will show. I like the quote I have seen on here "We weigh ourselves with the scale, not because it's the most accurate, but because it's the most convenient."
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I've never been fast, but now I've slowed down...and like you onederland feels soooo close, I'm more impatient than I have been.

Nevertheless...the scale is moving in the right direction. I have found that weight loss for me isn't even, if you are really seeing more changes in clothes you may be surprised at how the scale suddenly jumps down one day.

I would love to reach 2009 in onderland, but I'm reconciled. I will be in onederland during 2009, and hey, it will be onederful no matter whether it is January 7th (when I return from a vacation) or February 10th or whenever.

Stick with it. You may surprise yourself. In any case, won't those baggy clothes make New Year's Eve special!
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Um, just this week? For me, all the time. I lost about 3.5 pounds this month and about 3.5 pounds the month before. But I'm close to goal. So I totally get being good with it mentally but still feeling frustrated sometimes. It's just human! You just keep going
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #11  
No description available.

Well....unless we start tattooing our weights on our foreheads no one knows what the scale says, they see how we look. You are getting smaller.....the scale is just a tool.

I'd be thrilled with 3 pounds in 2 weeks.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #12  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I would be jumping for joy for a 3lb loss in two weeks. I did not lose that much for the past 6 weeks.
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Well let's see .. in January I weighed 182. Today I weigh 165.

That's ... um ... 0.34 lbs a week.

Yeah. I'd be really happy with 1.5 lbs a week.

Jay is right - expectation adjustment time.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 12-16-2008 at 03:06 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:35 PM   #14  
Saving Myself

S/C/G: 199.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

3 pounds in 2 weeks?! I WISH. The scale has gone UP 2.6 pounds in the last 3 weeks. I've gained two pounds of muscle and lost 1 pound of fat (lost a bunch of inches) according to my body fat, but I've still been going nuts over the scale number. I want to be out of the 190s so badly.

I lost 4.6 lbs in October, 4 lbs in November and nothing so far this month or the last week of last month.

I'm so freaked out that I've stopped losing because that has happened to me before. I've been eating 1300-1500 calories daily and exercising 30-50 minutes, 4 times a week during workout videos. I've decided to do cardio on the treadmill 300 calories, 5 days a week and 2 days of strength training vids. I'm going to make sure I eat at 1400-1500 and I've just started eating salads with protein for extra veggies, and I don't eat much junk food. So what is happening?! It's so frustrating.

My advice to you: stop worrying about just losing 3 lbs every 2 weeks. It's when you don't lose anything that should make you worry.

Last edited by Angel's_Dust; 12-16-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Angel's_Dust is offline   Reply With Quote