Old 12-16-2008, 02:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Back...Again

I posted here a while ago and was really doing well. The main thing I was proud of was that I was working out at least 5 days a week. So, although I was still overweight, I felt good because I was moving. I was losing as well.

Then I got sick with bronchitis. If I walked, I'd start hacking. Then we bought a home. The move was close, but time consuming.

Now, here I am. Fatter than ever. I have serious foot pain that has been bothering me for almost 2 months, there are Christmas sweets in the kitchen and I have PMS. Oh and I'm turning 40 on New Years Eve. That's not completely awful, for at least I'm alive. Barely. : ) I had heart palpitations last night. I've had them before, but it was going on for a while. That's not good.

So, let me be realistic. We have company starting on Friday until January 2. I know I can't eat like it's the last meal for the next several weeks, but I don't know if I can count calories like I need to either. I know I need to get my foot healed in order to work out (I have a gym membership).

Original question: How do you work through the distractions (even illness) in life and stay on track with your diet? How do I get through the next few weeks?

Whew! That was long. Sorry.
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:59 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey hon!

You get through the next few weeks by having a sketch of a plan, so that you aren't winging it every day. That doesn't mean a rigid sequence of meals, but it does mean knowing some ways you can go without doing too much damage. For example, think about what good choices would be when you go out to eat. Think about foods you can cook that will please others but not throw you into the gravy. Stock up on snack foods that you can eat to avoid the heavy stuff. Things like that.

This time of year it's about damage control.

I would encourage you to see a podiatrist about your foot issue. Don't just hope it will get better. Foot pain can be serious, and the sooner you find out what you should do from a doctor, the better it will be.

Hang in there!
Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 04:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 256/204/130

Thank you for the support! Yes, I do need a plan! Damage control....I like that.

Thanks!
Curvaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Jayell is right about planning ahead. With so much going on - it's the only way to try to stay in control at least most of the time.

As for working out - does your gym have an indoor pool? There are some exercises you can do that might not aggravate your foot. A bike you pedal with your hands, resistance training, you might be able to use a spin bike - it depends on what hurts...

See a doctor tho...sometimes it needs PT to get fixed.
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote