Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #66

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #66

tommysgirl18
12-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Hello & :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

Come join us as we challenge ourselves to lose weight during the holiday season!

:coolsnow::brr::snowball::snowglo::shocksn:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!:coffee:

tommysgirl18
12-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I saw that we were well over 100 posts so I started us a new thread....hope you all don't mind!

Sue~ They never said anything about stones, just sludge. The lady that was across the room from Tommy said that once she had her gall bladder out, they brought her fillet Minot and a baked potato and told her that if she could eat that without any problems, then she could eat anything she wanted. So that is his thinking.......he told me earlier when I told him that every thing that I have read said that he needs to follow a low fat diet once his gall bladder is taken out.....his response to me was "well, every body is different. look at the lady that was at the hospital when I was."

Jules~ I used to use Ask Jeeves all the time. I never did get a chance to go on there earlier, but I will soon.

Francie~ I did notice that you seemed to be lonely while you were WA. But now that you are around friends, you don't seem lonely to at least me anymore. Having friends near you really has a great effect on a person!

FrouFrou
12-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Just a quick pop-in for now. Was on the computer to sign up for my Monthly pass stuff with WW and thought I would drop by and say Hi-HI :wave:

JULES...umm, to say the least, yes dil loves the drama. I had enough yesterday and if they never talk to me again that is their choice. Sorry abotu the coughing, hope you get over that soon. I thought I was coming down with V's cold but it was a short lived cold if it was indeed one. He has had a cold 4 times this season...told him to stay aways from me.

MINDEE...thanks for the new thread.

FRANCIE...you do seem a LOT happier since moving.

HIYA SUE...what's on the menu tonight? It was so cold today I thought I would do a pot of chili, plus I had WW so it would be done when I returned.

Hiya everyone else :wave:

Did get my exercise done, my laundry too! Tomorrow I need to mail packages since it is supposed to snow tomorrow evening...was thinking about waiting until Wed...trying to time it right so the packages arrive really close to Christmas, but then I don't want to wait too long and they arrive after, lol. Anyway...heading on over to sign up for my monthly pass on WW and see what I get with all that.

Nighty, night all!

suetalks
12-15-2008, 10:37 PM
Cristina- Dinner was fried potatoes, pinto beans and cornbread for DH. I had a spoonful of taters and a bowl of Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup. I am not hungry lately. Well, nothing tastes good anyway.

Jules- I love taco salad. Yum. I made a weight watchers crock pot chicken taco the other day. It was so easy and diet friendly. I found it over on WW. 5 or 6 chicken breasts, a jar of salsa, 2 cans of black beans, 2 cans of corn (rinse and drain the corn and beans) Throw it all in a crock pot and cook 6 hours or so. Shred the chicken and serve it on tortillas. I used 1/2 of everything and it was plenty for DH and I and leftovers for another meal. DH liked it better on rice, I liked it wrapped in a tortilla.

Francie- I bet you can't wait for Fonzo to open your big gift to him. Sounds like fun. I have to go shop tomorrow for DH and have a few ideas, but nothing exciting. LOL...

I got so much done today...Two loads of laundry, change the beds, ironing, swept all the floors, even used brass polish and buffed the brass bed. That is a job in itself. I just finally felt like doing something. :)

DH wasn't real forthcoming about how much weight he lost...I think probably 3 or 4 pounds. Of course! I did lose 1..one...uno. Ugh. And I haven't been eating much at all.

Susan, Katy, Kathy, Asia- hope you gals are doing okay. Uh, Kathy, when you do the snow dance DO NOT include my area in that wish..okay? I hate the cold and snow.

Shopaholic1204
12-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Mindee~When I had my gallbladder taken out, they brought me soup & jello to eat. It sucks having it taken out though. The incision in my belly button hurt the worst!!! And they told me that I had stones. OMG..when they gave me the ultrasound..I was all doped up on meds, and I thought I saw a baby, lol. Then I thought I saw Jesus, and a Coke can, lol.

I was really unhappy in WA. That place was so depressing. I didnt have any friends there. Being friends with Navy wives was like being in high school again. I mean..I still have some great Navy wife friends though, they are totally drama free..Thank God, lol.

Anyhoo..time to watch the news...

tommysgirl18
12-15-2008, 11:50 PM
just thought I would pop back in before I head off to bed.....

Francie~ They told Tommy that it will be done out patient. He will end up with three small holes where they will go in to basically suck it out of him. I said "oh, so then we will have matching belly button scars." He didn't find that one too funny, but I did! (that is where they went in to tie my tubes)

I got some of the kids laundry down, now the rest will get done probably this weekend. I forgot all about the sisterly get together between me and my older sisters and one of my younger sisters this coming Sunday until my mom emailed me to see if it would be okay if my younger sister came down and stayed with us to go over there and then my dad would come back on Monday to get her. Now, I need to figure out what we are going to take! finger foods is what we are doing, and I honestly can't remember if my sister wanted me to email her and let her know what we were bringing!

Shopaholic1204
12-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Mindee~I had to stay overnight, cuz they said something was wrong with my heart, and I had to have extra testing (there wasnt anything wrong. It just skips a beat whenever I think of Fonzo :love: ) And ya..that was pretty funny, lol.

tommysgirl18
12-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I forgot to mention earlier that I got Brandon's papers from school in his Monday folder yesterday, and at his school, this coming Friday is pajama day....so he can wear his pajamas to school. he can even take his slippers in his back pack. They are suppose to have a surprise visit with Santa on Tuesday......they were supposed to have it on Friday, but for some reason Santa wasn't able to come. Then they are having their Christmas party on Thursday. Thankfully my MIL said that she is able to make it for that, since the time that the party is over with is when Tommy has his appointment.

Francie~ I am hoping that they can get him in and out quickly. I don't think the surgeon is going to make him wait longer then a day....if that! I hope they take a look at him and the ultrasound and say back you go. Or come in tomorrow at such and such a time. Tommy said that he would see if his mom can take him since he probably won't be able to drive home after it is done.

Sassy_Chick
12-16-2008, 02:53 AM
Well I did finally get a few Zzzzz's but not nearly enough! I got up at the very last second and got a quick shower, got dressed and ran out the door. DH brought me to work since they are calling for snow and all........:p

I applied for more positions at the c.hosp. Hopefully I will hear something soon. DH says that everybody there says to keep applying, it takes time. I am def not patient! lol.

I'm soooooo tired. :tired: and I had to take a Mucinex I was coughing so hard my chest just hurts......:( Now I'm even sleepier because Mucinex makes me sleepy too, but I had to take it..............I felt awful. :p

Well only 5.5 hrs to go...........ugh that sounds like sooo long but I do have 7 hrs down..........

I need energy vibes ya'all. :tired: :yawn:

:hug:

jules1216
12-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Sassy--fingers crossed that you get a new job for the new year to go along with your cute new hair!!! Nice of hubby to take you to work safely!!

Mindee--How fun for Brandon!! Thanks for starting us again!!

Francie--there are flurries outside my window--here's hoping you get some!! Here's a weather map link for you http://www.wunderground.com/radar/mixedcomposite.asp?region=b5&size=2x&ID=LWX19
I work at the skinniest part of Maryland between PA and WV--live just over the WV line. We want blue!! I know you like pink better but that's ice/sleet/yucky stuff.

Cristina--sorry the ds & new wife are being arse's--not fair to you or Cambrie. Hubby tells me I better not give it to him!!

Sue--that recipie sounds good--I would use the tortilla wraps--hubby would probably want rice too!!

Well I REALLY need to get back to work!!

sz2atheart
12-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!

OMG, gone a few days and you miss so much....gallbladders, parties, hubby's b-day, hyper grandkids, drama DIL, snow dances....my life sounds like a bore. Actually no....when I work 12 hr shifts, all I want to do is crash when I get home. By the time I hit the door at 8:15 p.m., read the mail, shower, iron a uniform for the next day, pack lunch...it's time for maybe an hour of TV and then in bed by 11. I'm off today and tomorrow and running errands and finishing up some little gifts and gift cards. Then I will be done with the exception of some baking.:carrot: DH is going to NC to pick up his mom this Sat and they will return on Sun so I'll bake cookies and get groceries in the house while he's gone and have some time for myself. :D StepD will come over Sun-Mon to visit her GM then she's off to visit her Mom's side of the family. I have to work both Christmas eve and day so I'm planning a brunch on the 26th. My dd will be over Christmas day so I'll see her when I get home. DS plans to visit me at the hospital since his wife's family lives only 5 min away (he usually stays there when he visits). DS and his new wife are honeymooning in Disney this week. Well maybe my life is not so boring ;) just too busy.

Mindee--sorry about Tommy's GB. DH read something last night from the newspaper that was commenting about removing GB with a 5cm incision only through the naval. Hospital in Annapolis is doing it. Come on down, I'll put you all up for the week!! :D

Cristina--Thank you for the Thank you card.

Susan--Thanks for the gift. I'm always looking for a calendar in my office. Usually got something shoved in a drawer, but now can have one sitting out on the desk.

Jules--OMG...it was in the 60's yesterday. 40's for you?? I walked out of the hospital last night with only my scrub jacket on.

Francie--Hey party girl. I'm glad you had a great time. You're gonna have to do the snow dance for a while. We usually don't get any snow till Jan/Feb. Last year we might have had a few inches but it was a really mild winter. We are due for the "big one" soon. Every few years, we are hit pretty hard. Had blizzards in 96, 2000. Major snow in 03, didn't call it a blizzard but had at least 12-14". I bought my house that year and couldn't see the yard or bushes but bid on it anyway. I think we are due this year for the Francie Blizzard!!

I'll try to get back today and tomorrow. Gotta get dressed and run to Wally World, Hallmark and Kohls. I usually give my neighbors cookie platters but I am only making about 4 kinds so I'm doing Coconut pound cakes and need to get some ingredients and disposable loaf pans.

Oh, I'll be so glad to get through these holidays and back on WW. I feel like a beached whale.

Have a wonderful day ladies!! Hugs :hug: to all!!

FrouFrou
12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Hello ladies, or should I say BAH HUMBUG!

NO more snow dances...it's working wrong and I am getting the snow!!!! :lol: Seriously though, woke up to 3 or 4 inches this morning, ugh! I'll post some pics for you Francie a little later. All I gotta say is THANK GOD for front wheel drive! I love my Santa Fe...it handles/drives well in the snow! This one is much better than the last one in that dept. Had to go to the post office this morning and get my parents packages mailed...knew I should have done it yesterday. Was trying to wait so that they get it like a day or two before Christmas...we'll see. While I was out in it I thought I would run to Michaels since they have all their Christmas stuff 50-70% off. Planning on doing blue next year so wanted to see if I could find a wreath and some other things. All I found was some stuff to make my own, lol and wrapping paper.

TAMMY...lol, love your post! You ARE a busy woman for sure.

FRANCIE...I too had to spend the night, Josh did too but DS#1 & Daughter were released the same day. Of course I had complications sort of and I was in the hospital for almost a week before they would take the gallbladder...had jaundice and pancreatitis (sp?) just glad they didn't have to take it the old fashioned way...that would have sucked! And I too got some lovely jello and some kind of brown liquid...thinking they were calling it broth, :lol:

MINDEE...it's a pretty simple surgery, but men are big babies! Or at least both DS's were, lol. That's cute about pj day with Santa on Friday...Brandon will love that!

JULES...yep! You hit the nail on the head...they don't think of how it affects the kids, just think about themselves and that is sad. Hope you get rid of that cold soon!

SUE...man! I can't tell you the last time I had fried potatoes, beans and cornbread...one of my favorite meals but I haven't had in years! My mom would fix it a lot, with some cole slaw too, mmmm-making me hungry! WTG on the pound! Hey every one pounder adds up. :carrot: :carrot: I heard a lady at WW last night ask where so and so was. The other lady said she quit because she wasn't losing fast enough. The lady then said...she only lost about 6 or 7 pounds in 4 weeks...that's not even worth coming up here for. I almost said something but it wasn't my conversation or my business...I thought the whole point was to lose the weight no matter the amount or the rate at which we lose but I didn't say anything, that and the extra support. For me too it's knowing that I am facing that scale every Monday and I think I work a little harder because I want to see a loss. Everyone is different though. Anyway :bravo: to you on the pound gone!

SUSAN...where you at missy? Miss you when you are not here. Hoping all is well with you and the girls.

I probably should get off the computer so I can get something done. I rushed this morning to get up and get to the post office before it got too bad and didn't even make the bed and I need to get some exercise done. Also want to visit WW dot com...figure all that stuff out. I like that paying monthly gives the etools as well and it's actually cheaper. WW here is going up to $12 Dec 28th, from $9 or you can pay $39 a month and get the etools too!

Have a wonderful day, ladies! :hug:

tommysgirl18
12-16-2008, 01:55 PM
well, nothing really new on this end. I made some sugar cookies, and I completely forgot that Tommy can't eat them.....and I am not going to sit and eat them all by myself, so I am sure that I can find someone who will eat them!

we are supposed to get hit with some snow tonight into tomorrow morning. Brandon will be happy.....he has been waiting not so patiently for something to shovel!

Tammy~ I will have to see if Tommy is willing to travel through his pain! :) I am hoping that the surgeon will schedule him for this Friday so that he will be without the pain. But I am not sure if they will do the surgery on the weekend or not.

Cristina~ Santa is supposed to visit today.....but the kids don't know about it since it is a surprise. He can't wait to be able to wear his pajamas to school on Friday!

Shopaholic1204
12-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Mindee~PJ days at school is always fun!!! Will he get to wear his slippers in class then??

Sassy~Hope you get the job!!!!!! :fingerscrossed:

Jules~Well..my friend said its snowing in PA. I think its just raining here now. So oh well..

Tammy~Well..I havent been in a blizzard since I was maybe 2 or 3 (I have really foggy memories of being in one.) We were in New Mexico when it happened. So I will just wait until Jan/Feb for the snow to come. I just hope it doesnt come for Fonzo's bday cuz we have plans that day, lol.

Cristina~You need an anti snow dance, lol. So dance backwards..lol!! You know, I'm probably the only person who enjoys hospital food, lol. They used to serve these really wonderful cheeseburgers at this one place my mom went to for some treatments. It was sooooooooooo good!!!!!!! Of course at the Naval Hospital in WA..they didnt have a cafeteria, they just had a subway, lol.

tommysgirl18
12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Francie~ If we can find them and get them in his back pack before Friday, then yes he will be able to wear his slippers in school..

FrouFrou
12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Here ya go Francie...had to wait for DD to put the pics on the computer...I've not done it before and couldn't find the paperwork on the camera, lol.

Shopaholic1204
12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Cristina~Thats so pretty..I'm so jealous.

luckycharm
12-16-2008, 10:04 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone

I am sitting here watching the season finale of The Biggest Loser.

Ok Francie I have to Google where you live, because apparently I am sending Cristina the snow, and of course, we are getting more to. Any news on when the BIL is coming? I have to tell you that I had to give my hubby a big hug when I read what you wrote about your heart skipping a beat whenever you thought of Fonzo. That was so nice, and after 20 years, I kindof stopped being so romantic. Thank you for reminding me of the important things in life.

Cristina - I've had to rewrite this a few times. I am so sorry about your problems with your DIL. :hug: :hug: to you. I never really thought about MIL's getting stuck with hard to deal with DIL's, as I have always had to deal with my drama queen MIL, who's always had to have everything revolve around her. Sorry that I sent the snow in the wrong direction with my little dance.

Mindee - you could mail the cookies to me! I will take them off your hands for you! :D:D I hope that Brandon has fun on PJ day, and enjoys Santa's visit.

Hi Tammy good to see you. Sounds like you have been very busy. Do you get along with your MIL? I hope that you have a good visit.

Jules, what sort of work do you do? Did you laugh at your hubby when he said that? We all know that our lives are not very happy when our husbands are sick.

Sassy - :hyper::cheer3: I know its a little late for the energy vibes, but they are for tonight also. I hope that you get feeling better darn quickly.
And :goodvibes:wizard: Good luck on the new position. What would your new job be?

Sue - that sounds delicious. I am definately going to try it. I made a big pot of potatoe and ham soup because Mark was sick, and the rest of us went out for supper. He ate the whole great big pot. Everyone was upset because no one else got any.

Katy and SuzyQ how are you guys doing? Getting ready for the Christmas break? Cole is so excited that he only has 3 more days until his holiday.

WELL :o:o I was so busy watching TBL that I burnt supper. So now, Cody has ran into town to pick up pizza.

I must run, and I will chat with you all later.

:hug:

suetalks
12-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Kathy...Stop dancing!!! :carrot: I went to lunch with my daughter and was going to the mall and grocery shopping afterward. We came out from lunch and it was dumping snow very quickly...I rushed to the grocery and then home ASAP. So....please quit dancing so I can go to the mall tomorrow. :) ( j/k ...of course I know you can't help me, but I wish Francie had this weather)

Francie- We had a blizzard in 1978 and believe me it was rough. My boss had to drive me home from work and DH didn't get home that night at all. Then he had to walk several miles to get home. Brrrr... I hope you get to see snow, but not massive amounts.

Cristina- Yeah, 6 or 7 pounds in 4 weeks would please me. I lose so slowly...then gain quickly to lose slowly again. Ugh. Sorry about the DIL problems. That is always a rough situation.

Mindee- I hope Tommy gets in for the surgery real quickly. DH had his as an out patient. He did real well and just had the three little incisions. No problems. He will have to take it easy for awhile though.

Jules- I had to use small tortillas with the recipe, that's all I had. But it was good. Dh ate it and said it was good then tonight when we talked about it he said he didn't really care for it. ??what the heck is that about?? LOL.

Tammy- Whew lady you wear me out just reading about your life. I remember those days...and I am glad I am much lazier now. haha.. Some days I wish I could go back to work though...just to socialize. I worked with a great group and we had fun.

Sassy- Good luck with the job apps. Would be cool if you worked with your hubby again. Hope you are feeling better...... I am finally better except for the side pain. The cold and sore throat is gone and I have felt more rested.

Susan, Katy- Did you get snow up your way? Hope you are well.

Well, I tried to get shopping done today, but will try again. I am looking for a new winter coat...something I can wear with jeans or slacks, but not an Eskimo parka like I have. lol Also need to get a few little things for Christmas, so need to NOT be snowed in. Yikes! Tonight DH said he wanted to make peanut brittle tomorrow. Don't know where that came from since we have never made it...but he got out the recipe and determined that we have the ingredients. You know that means I, not he, will be making peanut brittle tomorrow or else cleaning up his mess. Should be fun...NOT. :)

Off to bed....have a happy hump day ladies!

FrouFrou
12-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Hiya chickies!

Was up late yacking with the daughter about nothing and packing up Christmas stuff and had to take a break. Wanted to finish it up tonight but I am getting lazy, lol. Christmas is over in my house and thinking about giving the kids...the two who live here, their presents...they don't really care about Christmas...and be done with it.

KATHY...oh, it's fine. Hoping no one ever gets a dil like the one I have...she definitely is a drama queen and everything has to be her way, or so she thought and she definitely thinks the world revolves around her. It has been a struggle with her from day 1! Anyway...yes, no more dancing, lol! Pizza sounds so good right now! We have decided that is what we are having for Christmas eve dinner. I am not cooking this year, well except for some desserts. How did you like BL? I was so hoping that Michelle would win tonight and I am so happy she did!

SUE...yeah, I would take the 6 or 7 pounds as well. To me that is a GREAT loss! Yeah the dil is giving me a run for my money...just taking it one day at a time that's all I can do.

FRANCIE..if I could I would send the snow to you, lol. I am hating it! It's too cold! Thought I was ready for winter but now I am wanting summer to come!

Well, tomorrow I am going to venture out and get some groceries. I normally do it on Thursdays but for some reason the last two weeks it's been on Wed. Plus we are supposed to get some freezing rain tomorrow night sometime...thinking no one will go to work Thursday. I definitely don't want to be driving around in that stuff.

I am getting sleepy now so will finish this Christmas stuff up tomorrow. For I am hittin' the hay...nighty, night all!

Shopaholic1204
12-17-2008, 02:38 AM
Kathy~I was glad it didnt snow today. Fonzo had to stand watch outside..and he said that it was freezing cold. So I'm glad he didnt have to stand out in the snow. Omg, dont even get me started on Fonzo's brother. I'm not blaming him at all, so dont think that. But the fam..ugh. They said they would call us in a few days..and they havent. He's supposed to come on friday, and we havent heard anything. I'm making Fonzo call them tomorrow (well..later today, lol). And since it's wed, I'm gonna be cleaning my butt off. Oh and you know what? My grandparents have been married for 60+ years and their eyes still light up whenever they see each other. That has to be the sweetest thing ever.

Sue~Omg, he had to walk home in the snow? Thats horrible!!! Hope the snow stops long enough for you to go shopping.

Cristina~I want snow on Christmas day. That would be so wonderful. A white Christmas.

Sassy~I just thought of something to tell you. My friend has PCOS, and she's pregnant!! She got pregnant the first time while taking fertility meds, but she had a miscarriage. And then she got pregnant naturally. The baby is doing really well too. But she'll give birth while her hubby is deployed :( I still have some hope for myself. So maybe 2009 will be our year.

Well..I was feeling really down earlier today, so I went to bed at like 7pm, Fonzo came home from watch at 9. I woke up at 1:50am. I think I'll clean up the living room while watching Cold Case on TNT. Then maybe clean the kitchen, even though it's Fonzo's turn to clean the kitchen. But whatever, he's been working really hard, so I'll do it. And he'll just owe me the next time.

Shopaholic1204
12-17-2008, 07:19 AM
I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freakin angry right now!!! Fonzo told me that he talked to his fam, and his bro might be coming out next week. They said that something came up, and they werent able to buy the tickets. Oh, so like they'll be able to buy the tickets next week?!!? When Christmas is just around the corner. Wont that be the next thing that comes up!?!? I highly doubt that he's coming. I just wish we hadnt wasted money buying him presents.

RosieKate
12-17-2008, 09:18 AM
We have SNOW galore here~ Christmas came early for my kids and there hasn't been any school so far this week. The last two days have been cold and sunny, so we have been getting out to sled and to walk into the Village. Forecast is for snow and freezing rain, tho, so we may be stuck indoors for awhile. I told my Wed. nite knit group that since I can walk to the pub, I will be there for sure! Need to get out of the house! I hope to get some photos up, so if you are on FB or read my blog, hopefully I'll have something up soon.

Francie - sorry for all the drama..I get peeved when people don't do what they say they are going to do....but have to let it go and realize they are the one with the problem. Now you have a clean house for you and Fonzo to enjoy for the holiday! Maybe you can return the presents?

Sassy - I sure hope this is the year for you and Francie. Having been through infertility issues myself, I sooo sympathize. and, look now I have two kids and i am screaming to get away from them for an evening, lol! Hope the new year brings you anew job, too. DH's hospital sounds like a good employer.

Cristina - Sorry about DIL...I lucked out with some great IL's, but we are not drama-free, that's for sure...just breathe in, breathe out ;) They better not give you crap about watching Cambrie - you are doing them a huge favor and probably saving them alot of $$..tell them Katy said so ;)

Sue - yep got the snow...I know you hate snow, how are you holding up? Next year, there will be Vegas to escape to, right? ( or hopefully sooner)

Kathy- guess your little dance went west :dizzy: My kids have been off all week, so for them, their holiday break started early. Soup sounds good right now. I may have to heat some up and eat it in front of the fireplace...how cozy.

Tammy - can't keep up with you! Glad to see you back here.

Mindee- hope Tommy's surgery goes well...

Hie to Jules, Susan and anyone I may have missed!

I've been getting lots of knitting done, but I do need to set it aside and play catch up around the house. Have to balance the checkbook and make sure the bills are paid at some point today. Other than that, we are expecting 3-5 inches sometime this morning, so we may just put a log on the fire and watch it snow!

Sassy_Chick
12-17-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi All from the Sickie! :wave:

I have been coughing my flipping head off! I did manage to get through work lastnight, thanks to dayquil and lots and lots of cough drops! lol. So now I have until Sunday night too Rest Up and get well!!! UGH!

Thank you all for your well wishes. I applied for a lot of things at the hospital, basically just to get my foot in the door! lol. My friend from work has applied too. I said wouldn't it be funny if we both got hired on for the same dept? lol.

Also she and I are gonna be working together on a new and healthier us in 09'! :D I think she is just the extra "push" I have needed! :D Hopefully we can find a place closer to them so then me and her can walk together! :running:

Francie -- Sorry to hear your friend had a miscarriage, but I am very happy for her expecting now and glad the baby is doing good! Yes I believe that next year will be OUR year! :preg: :bb:

Sorry its not more but I am tired, sick and just wanna go to bed! lol.

TTYL!

Big :hug:

FrouFrou
12-17-2008, 12:23 PM
So freaking brain dead lately...

JULES...I am so sorry I forgot your birthday yesterday! :o :hug:

Hope it was a great one for ya!

A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you JULES!

:hat::bday2::celebrate::gift::balloons::woo::hb::g ift::celebrate::bday2:

:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you:

I will be back later to do indies...just wanted to get that in for our beautiful Jules!

Mom2Gaby
12-17-2008, 01:33 PM
oops, I found this one for Francie, now I better go get a B-Day one for Jules!

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo70/carnesjl1/christmas.png

FrouFrou
12-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Okay, back for a few minutes, then I have to get something done today. Not that anyone is coming over. I just have been being lazy again...winter seems to do that to me.

FRANCIE...sorry about the in-laws. They could have at least let you know sooner. Here's to you and Fronzo in 2009 :cheers:

KATY...you are a braver woman than me. I can't take the cold anymore and have no desire to get out in it. Enjoy the snow!

SASSY...hope you feel better soon.

HIYA SUSAN...miss ya! Hoping all is well with you.

HI to SUE, TAMMY, MINDEE, ASIA, JULES, KATHY and anyone reading this!

Nothing going on today...getting ready to go exercise and finish up what I started yesterday. Have a big bag of Christmas stuff to give to the Goodwill. Tired of carrying around all this stuff. Really need to get down and clean better but I hate letting go of things. Anyway, have some laundry to do as well and trying to stay warm. Did manage to get out and go buy groceries and figuring I will be stuck in the house for the next few days due to the weather which is fine with me. It was beginning to be a slushy mess on the streets and it is going to get worse...hate the melting, then freezing.

Have a wonderful day all!

Mom2Gaby
12-17-2008, 01:36 PM
Happy Belated Birthday to Miss Jules!!

Wishing you a wonderful year ahead!!

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo163/BAKERVAL/happy-birthday.jpg

Mom2Gaby
12-17-2008, 01:53 PM
hmm, that wasn't the pic that I wanted Jules, but it is the one that worked. Ugh.

anyway -so how was your birthday??

Hi Cristina, you're so funny. I love the pictures, are those of your home?

Sorry, I haven't read many post, just always rushing these days it seems.

Gab was out of school Monday and it was 2 hours late yesterday and today there was no school again. Worked out good because I didn't work Mon/or today but I am not getting any shopping done w/ her. We have no snow today on the coast, not sure why there is no school. And the Christmas program was rescheduled from Monday night to this Friday afteroon at 1pm. Now......................really, who can attend in the middle of the day?? Not me.......and it is all about me.

I noticed that lately, I am kind of self centered. :o In a healthy way though. lol

Sassy - Hope you feel better and best on getting a job at the hospital!

Katy - Stay indoors! I hear from the R's that that area is kind of icy.

k- I am going to run out of time to do indy's, I will have to catch up later on another computer. lol. How lame.

I weighed in at 146.6 this morning. I have tried to only get 1 bowl of soup at work (instead of 2) and no more trips to the vending machine since last week....filling up on a lot of salads. My night *grazing* is a toughie though..I try to limit it to a bowl of cheerios.......anyway...................

Work is ok, learning and staying out of trouble...haha.

Guess that is all...

:wave: to everyone!!

suetalks
12-17-2008, 01:57 PM
:balloons::gift::hb::celebrate::celebrate: :hb::gift::balloons:

To Our Lovely Jules

:bday2you:

luckycharm
12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JULES
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YYYYOOOUUUU.
I sing in my best Martina Mcbride voice.

suetalks
12-17-2008, 02:03 PM
I am homebound today due to icy roads. Not what I had planned for today. Ugh!

DH made his peanut brittle, now I have to wash dishes. Didn't I tell you? The brittle looks good, but my one sample stuck to my teeth, so that's a good thing...I will pass.

I forgot to get our stockings out and hung, so need to do that. Otherwise I haven't got a thing to do. Sounds like an afternoon of reading to me...I finished Sue Grafton's A, B and C novels. Anyone else read all of hers? I have a long way to go and the only other one I have is S. SIL said you don't have to read them in order, but I am anal that way. Need to hit the used book store or library.

Okay...off to do those dishes and then read.

FrouFrou
12-17-2008, 03:03 PM
Hiya, back again, lol.

SUE...I don't think you have to read them in order either, lol...someone got on to me and thought I was goofy for starting at C or was it D :dunno: I still skipped around...read whatever sounded good to me that day...still have a few to read and want to get T. REad and have A thru K and then P thru S...don't ask why I skipped the others, lol. Stay warm!

SUSAN...soup sounds good right now! But I have exercising to get done. I decided I will do a 30 dvd later after the news and right now do a bunch of little walks on the treadmill. Alreayd did two 15 minute ones. I miss my walking outside and while I love the dvd's I am not getting much walking in and I want that. Don't work too hard! What did I say that was funny? Can't remember and don't want to go back an dlook, lol! The one shot is out the front door and the other two were driving thru the neighborhood(s), this one and then over by the post office.

Okay, I am outta here again...keep doing a little and then taking a break. I seem to get more done that way and want to actually keep going. When I think of doing it all at once it overwhelmes me.

Have a good one all! :hug:

tommysgirl18
12-17-2008, 05:38 PM
just thought that I would pop in to see how every one is doing.....

nothing really new here......just waiting to hear what the surgeon says tomorrow afternoon.

happy belated birthday Jules!

Oh yeah, I was 227 last week.......I weighed in this morning and I was 224.8! Yeehaw!!!! My goal is to ring in the new year being under 220 pounds.......so I am getting there!

Mom2Gaby
12-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Omg, I am so far behind in reading, I have tried though. I felt panic though in trying to hurry up. lol

Kathy - My R's had braces and didn't follow up too well on wearing their retainers so Becks are a little out of line. It is kind of cute though, makes her look more natural. Course why spend thousands of dollars for that look. lol:dizzy:

Mindee- wow, :hug: to Tommy. Hope you guys get some word on how to proceed regarding the gallbladder. Congrats on the weightloss! I'll have to get over to myspace to see your pic's.

Katy - Oh, you too and reaching 171!

Cristina - I think it is just mainly how you write and that one about running away - coming this [] close....I don't know, I thought that was funny. Sorry about the dil and the drama. Great about being there for Cambrie and helping her prepare for K, what a great Nana! I do like the hospital soups but they can be expensive and add up. It might be better to just fix a chicken salad at home to take w/ me. I am use to eating my main meal at lunch time and when I get home I am always starving.

Jules - Awww, thanks! Aren't the R's cute? I love Beck's shade of red hair...all she wants for Christmas is a cell phone and some weed...she laughed at that, she better be joking. $8 to $10 more an hour is great for Teri! I wish I had the chance to make that kind of money, good for her, hope it all works out for her on that.

Sue - Yum to peanut brittle!! My first Christmas memory (probably at 5)is riding around w/ my mom and her best friend looking at Chrismas lights and eating peanut brittle in the back seat of the car.

Tammy - Yikes! You are busy. I like working at the hospital, I kind of like the idea of seeing what kind of schooling it would take to be a lab tech, either that or something in imaging. Glad you like the calendar/photo thingie....

Francie - Beautiful picture of you! Cranberry volka sounds like it would taste rather sinful, I want some! lol I only drink when I go see the ex, being drunk is required when around him. haha, jk. I just thought you sounded more bored in WA, being around friends helps a lot. :hug:

Sassy - Feel better! And sending baby vibes to you and Francie. :)

Asia - Where are you? Hope all is well.

Argh, Gab is wanting to go, took forever to read........how did I get so far behind? It is 4pm, almost bedtime. lol......actually we go to bed around 7pm and I get up at 5:30pm. I have a 3 day weekend so looking forward to that.

k- :wave: hope you all have a good Thursday.

jules1216
12-17-2008, 08:21 PM
Hi all--thanks for the birthday wishes, got an extra evening with grandson!!
BB for indys later!!

suetalks
12-17-2008, 09:07 PM
Quick hi, goodbye. I made pork, cabbage, carrots and mashed potatoes for dinner. For some reason I have not been hungry so I am able to fix one plate with proper or smaller portions and not go back for more. I just got a glass of Crystal Light and I am good to go.

DH said we will go out for dinner tomorrow night if the weather permits. I plan to go to the mall if it is above freezing......so that is the plan for Thurs. How about you???

sz2atheart
12-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Hey ya Ladies!!

Just got in from my usual Wed dance nite. We exchanged gifts and I swear if I get one more Christmas decorative thingy, I'll scream. I just re-gift them. I'm into disposable, edible, usable stuff ie, nuts, candles, lotions etc...you know the stuff that you can eat, use and toss away when you are through with it. I gave everyone a gift box of Paula Deen spices. When they are gone....they are gone. One gal keeps giving everyone those light up village houses. My ex-MIL loves them and I just give them to my kids to give to her and she is thrilled. I have a whole shelf in my basement of things to re-gift. I just send the kids (they are 22 and 24 but still call them kids) to the basement and let them shop!

Anyhoo....I am done. No more shopping, wrapping, decorating. I made 5 different kinds of cookie dough today and will bake on Sat when dh goes to pick up his mother. House gets cleaned tomorrow :carrot:, guest rooms are all freshened up. Whew!

Kathy--Yes, I get along well with my MIL. She is a little heavy handed with things around my house and messy. But I can live with it for a week. I just wait till she goes to bed (and hope she doesn't rip my garland off the staircase while walking up the stairs) and clean up after her.

Cristina--Today on The View, there was a guy giving traveling tips and he said that Wichita, Kansas was the most economical place to live! Interesting!! As for the lady at WW with the weight remark. I would love to lose 6-7 lbs a month. Who wouldn't!

Sassy--feel better hon!

Jules--Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Sue--I love peanut brittle. MIL usually makes it but we will probably just get her annual fruit cake ;)

Mindee--Tell Tommy good luck on his appt tomorrow.

Hugs :hug: to all I missed. Back to work tomorrow and Friday. Gotta stop by Best Buy on my way home from work tomorrow and get some money back on a printer that we bought for DD. It's on sale for $50 cheaper this week :D I was also soo excited that Michelle won on the BL last night. I rooted for her from the beginning. Well, gotta jump in the shower, take the boys outside to pee and head to bed. 5 a.m. will be here before I know it.

Night nite!!

FrouFrou
12-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Yes, I am back again, lol :D

Just love you guys so much I can't stay away!

SUSAN...yeah, I laughed at that too but I was serious when I wrote it. But I have to have a sense of humor with everything...otherwise I would be crazy, oh wait, I am. There's been a couple of incidents the last month that I almost just 'F' everything, ugh! No Cambrie anymore...they've taken my baby away from me, lol, haven't seen her since Friday. Whatever, if they want to be arses that is their business, I am done bending over backwards for that girl...nothing pleases her and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn! :lol: I love that line, I know corny. Anyway...back to you. Bet it is hard with the schedule you have. But you are doing great and back down to 147 so you are doing great. Is Gaby excited about Christmas? Can't believe it is next week!

TAMMY...I have regifted a couple of times myself but mainly because someone gave me something that I already had. If I thought someone else would want it and could use it...then I gave it to them. Only did that twice though. I thought of you tonight. Was watching the White House decorating show on HGTV and they showed Marylands ornament for the White House tree...crabs!

MINDEE...hugs to Tommy tomorrow. Let us know how that goes.

SUE...good job on not going for seconds! Nothing special planned for me tomorrow. I did my grocery shopping today because the weather is supposed to be icy tomorrow morning. So tomorrow will be a sort of lazy day for me...nothing to do except exercise. Maybe I will get some reading done. Peanut brittle sounds good. How is your mom doing in FL? Bet she is loving the weather there.

Okay, just checking in for a few minutes. Nothing on t.v. so I ended up on the computer. Can't get on the 'puter and not drop by and say Hi! :wave: But I am getting a little sleepy now. Going to try and stay up for the news and then go call it a night.

Oh...I did get my exercise done today...was wondering if I would. Waited to late and I really hate that. Tomorrow I am getting back on track with my schedule and not getting on the computer until I do part of my workout-get back to splitting it up thru-out the day.

Nighty, night all!

Sassy_Chick
12-18-2008, 04:03 AM
Hi from the Sickie -- Yes I am among the living, just barely. lol.

I slept like 12 hrs! :faint: I guess I needed it!! I am feeling a bit better but still feel crappy. I am making me some noodle soup that my mom used to make me when I was a kid and was sick. All you do is boil the noodles in broth. Thats it. lol. But it is so good, esp when your sick, at least I think so.

Suzy Q -- Thank for the Christmas card and Love the Pics!!!

Happy Belated Bday Jules!!! I sure hope it was a very special day because you are a very special person!!!

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/333/333879cbklv38y4n.jpg (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Big :hug: to all and hope you are all well!!!

RosieKate
12-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Good morning chickies!

No school yesterday - 2 hour delay today. But yes, everyone will be going to school today - yay now I can clean up around here and get some super secret Christmas stuff taken care of.

WI day for me..170!:carrot::carrot: NP upped my gui pi wan, then told me that it's helping my "spleen chi" whatever that means. I guess it means that I have more energy in general and it can boost my metabolism. I do know that I am sleeping much better and I am not dragging myself around to get things done every day. Kept the carbs to an avg of 140 a day last week. I'm getting there. I think I was craving them with the cold weather. Organics2you comes today so we will have a pile of produce to plow through and that will help me get the carbs closer to 100. Poor DH is supposed to keep his to 80 to try to get his blood glucose lowered. According to my dad, we are "no fun" at all anymore, lol!

Sassy - feel better soon, ya hear! Noodle soup sounds delicious and my son has been asking for it. It is definitely hot soup weather, so I may make some when the veggies arrive later.

Cristina - well, it's either laugh or cry, isn't it...may as well laugh and let them have their foibles. Dollars to donuts they'll be back with Cambrie when they are in a pinch. You are such a good Nana, and they have to see that.

Tammy - we can start the Regifters Anonymous group , lol! I don't have much use for knick-knacky type stuff and we have ornaments coming out our ears...so I have to confess that I am a closet regifter as well. I just hate clutter, so I try to keep a lid on accumulating things we don't need. Shh - don't tell anyone :)

Sue - be careful driving out there...enjoy your dinner out!

Jules- Happy Belated birthday...see, I wished you a hb too soon and too late..maybe next year I'll get it on the right day :dizzy:

Susan- I'm so glad the hospital is working out, it sounds like such a good job. I bet you could get lab tech training pretty easily.. Have you had anymore snow..we just had a little yesterday - so much for the predicted 3-5 inches! Have you moved yet? Hope you find ( or found) a cute place in Astoria.

Mindee - hope Tommy gets good news at the doc today.

Hi Francie! got any snow yet? You can have some of ours....

Kathy - Hiya - have a great day!

Well - I'm off to go wake up the DH and break the bad news that he has to go to work today - wish me luck :devil: jk - I'll try to be nice...

Oh- pics on the blog (http://rosiekate.wordpress.com)of our snow!

RosieKate
12-18-2008, 12:30 PM
Well, so much for that :( They just canceled school AGAIN. At the last minute. Yeesh. At least I can drive so I will get my few errands done today and I can work on DH's present because he did have to go to school today... all is not lost...

Shopaholic1204
12-18-2008, 12:58 PM
http://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1625/1625582t6viqshvrn.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Sorry, cant chat. I'm really out of it right now....

tommysgirl18
12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
nothing new on this end........Tommy's appointment is in an hour and I am so anxious to hear what they say. Brandon's Christmas party starts right now, and I am so bummed that we are missing it.....but thankfully my MIL was able to go.

I will come on here later and update you all on how his appointment goes. I got an offer from a friend of mine to go to the Wings game tonight, but I told her I would call her after I hear from Tommy.

oh yeah, if I have your email, then I will be sending you a Christmas card. I have my list going, so it might take me a day or two to get them done, but I will be working on them here shortly and if I don't get to them tonight, I will hopefully get to them tomorrow. I have a feeling that Brandon won't have school tomorrow. Starting at about midnight tonight, we are to get 6 to 10 inches of snow all day tomorrow......

FrouFrou
12-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Hiya Chickies :wave:

FRANCIE...the baby minnie & mickey are too cute!

MINDEE...thinking of you and Tommy today. Hoping all goes well at the docs. I think I forgot to say :bravo: to you on your weight loss, sorry. That is GREAT! And I bet you will be at or under 220. :carrot::carrot:

KATY...love your pix! The snow and icicles were beautiful! Looked like the kids were having fun sledding. And...you are such the great knitter! Love the slippers, elephant and your scarf! Sorry school was cancelled afterall. We are having some weird weather...woke up to freezing rain then it warmed up some and the stuff was melting and now it lookes weird because it is foggy. WTG on the 170! :woohoo: :bravo: :yay:

SASSY...yikes! 12 hours of sleep...you must have been very tired! Chicken soup is always good!

Hiya everyone else :wave:

Nothing going on today...speaking of sleeping I didn't get up until 11, lol. I woke up at 9 something and then 10 and got up to let the dog out but then went back to bed and watched the Price is Right, lol. So much for getting things done early, lol.

I did get the laundry folded and exercise done so not like I've not done anything. But I am being lazy for sure!

Have a good day! :)

Sassy_Chick
12-18-2008, 03:51 PM
hi from the sickie.

I feel awful ya'all..........I feel like someone ran over me then backed up and did it again!! lol. Honestly feeling pretty crappy. But wanted to come in and say THANK YOU to Jules for the gifts! Got them today!!! :D

Big :hug:

tommysgirl18
12-18-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, Tommy met with the surgeon today........and where do I begin?

Well, for starters, he is basically not going to do anything right now because he says that the ultrasound showed that his gall bladder was functioning properly. So, the surgeon doesn't know why they told him that it was his gall bladder that was the issue. He told Tommy that every thing points to him having the stomach flu.

Then when Tommy told him that while he is at work, he gets winded really easily, and then the surgeon said "well that is a sign of the gall bladder."

So, now he has to call and set up a Hepato - Biliary w/ Enjection Fraction.....and then the surgeon said that once they get the results from that test, they will know more.

I will continue to keep you all in the loop....and as soon as we know something, you will know something!

Cristina~ Thanks for the nice comments!

FrouFrou
12-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Mindee...maybe you guys should seek a third opinion??? Being winded could mean a lot of things, never heard of it being a sign of the gallbladder. But then what do I know...I'm not a doc. Hope you get some answers soon though. And you are welcome.

I came back to check something and apparently forgot to log off earlier :dunno: I swear I did though...may have to change my passworld again. Have a good one :wave:

FrouFrou
12-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Okay, so I am a little looney...forgot that I came here to say THANK YOU Francie for the Christmas card! I think I smelled your perfume on it, lol...smells good!

Shopaholic1204
12-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Mindee~I basically agree with everything Cristina said. Get a 3rd opinion. Look up the symptoms if you have to. For me personally, it felt like my stomach was on fire!!! I couldnt even walk because it hurt so much.

Jules~Happy belated birthday!!!

Cristina~LOL!! Thats kinda funny that you smelled my perfume. I didnt even spray the card or anything, lol.

luckycharm
12-18-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi everyone.

Hope you all had a great Thursday.

Just popping in really quick to say hello. Trying to get stuff done around here, and get a snack baked for Cole's Christmas Party tomorrow.

I'll chat with you all tomorrow.

:grouphug:

Mom2Gaby
12-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Yay, I made itto 144.6! Busy day w/ snow and all here, just a quick pop in!!

:wave:

FrouFrou
12-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Francie...same here, worst pain ever!

Kathy...hoping Cole has fun at the party! What kinda goodie did you make?

Susan...:yay: glad to hear the 144.6! :carrot: Doing great!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nuthin going on here today. I did get some exercise in already. Trying to get back to my little schedule of getting the majority of it done before getting on the computer. Did my Slim & Thin and the Sculpt and Burn and feeling good! Have just a short walk to do on the treadmill and I am done for the day. Thinking I will get some reading done...trying to get back into that as well. I've not read is such a long time it's pitiful! Anyway...have a great day!

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk309/fallowfield_a/happy_friday.jpg

jules1216
12-19-2008, 02:27 PM
well...I am stalled for the last two weeks at my 7 1/2 pound loss for the Christmas challenge--since we are taking mom out to a really awesome Mennonite buffet place--and then Christmas Eve and Christmas...I don't think I will lose 2 1/2 pounds in 1 week...I think I will reset it and do a Valentine's Day 10 lb challenge..

Cristina--you are doing so great with your exercise. A couple at work are selling their treadmill and I am thinking about buying it. I have a few books the library that I really need to finish myself. We've had Dominic 6 out of 7 nights for the last three weeks. He's napping right now--I wroe him out. He flirted with the older ladies at WW, then we dropped a book off at the Library (it-was overdue--I was sure I had returned it and then got a call--they did charge any fee), then to Walmart for most of the food shopping. I had to get a new cordless phone since I couldn't get a battery for the old one. The portable cd player that we play Dominic's cd in stopped working too, so I got one for him. Then we went to Martins which is another grocery store for fruits, veggies and hubby's fresh baked bread. Last stop was the po box and I picked up a package but forgot the key to the box so I will run down later today or tomorrow.

Suzy--WTG on the 144--that's awesome!!! I would trade you snow for the yucky cold rain we have!!

Kathy--hope Cole's party is fun--what snack did you make??

Mindee--I hope they can figure out what's wrong with Tommy--hubby had a bout of something awhile back and was send for ultasounds and another test and bloodwork and they never did figure out what was wrong--luckily his went away but he complained that he hates going to the doctors cause they take your money and you still don't know what's wrong. Is Tommy feeling any better? Could it have been a gallstone?? I had a kidneystone once and it was miserable till they gave me painkillers that made me loopy.

Sassy--glad you like the gift--sorry your not feeling better--we must have the same thing--I haven't been completely rid of it for almost a month and a half. Just when I start felling better-I am feeling bad again. I am so tired I don't think I will ever catch up on my sleep.

Francie--I am sick of this cold rain--I want snow!! It's funny Cristina could smell your perfume.

Katy-whatever you are doing does seem to be working--this stupid never ending cold has me dragging--I wish I could do something to boost my metabolism!!

Sue--hey there lady--hope you had a fun diiner

Tammy--you are so busy and get so much done---I don't know how you do it!!

Gotta go=the boy's awake!!

tommysgirl18
12-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Brandon had a snow day today, and Tommy got sent home from work early because of all the snow that we were getting. So, now Marissa is napping, the boys are looking out the bedroom window in their room doing something, and Tommy is on the couch!

Tommy is feeling better......he says that he is not hurting today, so maybe the surgeon scared him a little bit.

I am about to find some lunch for me and probably make the boys each a sandwich......I will come back later and see how every one is doing.

Shopaholic1204
12-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Well..its a really lazy day today. The gloomy weather is making me feel sleepy, lol.

Jules~Yes, I'm sick of all the rain. But then I just hate rain in general, lol.

tommysgirl18
12-19-2008, 03:51 PM
well, we are now getting bombarded by two little boys to go out and play in the snow. but they have to wait until we get them boots tomorrow. my mom is sending down their Christmas gift cards to Walmart, so we will be heading there with my younger sister once she gets dropped off.

then I told them that they can go out in the snow all they want once they get boots.

I am uploading the pictures from the snow today onto myspace and facebook here in a second.....

Shopaholic1204
12-19-2008, 11:14 PM
Sooooooooo I have a confession, lol. Tonight, Fonzo & I opened our presents to each other, LMAO!!! Ya, we're 2, lol.

jules1216
12-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Francie--I wanna go ahead and give D one of his.....it's hard not too...

Mindee--Hope they get their boots before they drive you crazy!!

Boy, you guys have been posting like crazy and now.....i must be the threadkiller....

Shopaholic1204
12-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Aww Jules, you're not a threadkiller, lol.

Fonzo LOVED all his presents. I got him boxers, a ninja GI Joe, Legos, a sherklock, and the swords. He loved the swords the best though!! Which, who can blame him, they were pretty awesome, lol. For his bday, I'm gonna try and get him an old fashion shaving set, and a Pirates pistol.

Anyhoo..Fonzo has to go to work in like 2 hours. So I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself for the rest of the day. He wont be coming home until 10pm..so I'm gonna be pretty bored!!! I finished my book already, I guess I could start the next one..but eh. LoL!!! I could clean, but who wants to do that? LoL!! Anyways..I shall go and spend some time with him before he has to leave.

BBL!!!

tommysgirl18
12-20-2008, 12:42 PM
the pictures are all uploaded......now we are waiting to hear from my mom about meeting my dad in Port Huron....my sister decided that she didn't want to come down now, so we are waiting to hear from her. at this point in time, we are all going to go, but Marissa and Logan will be taking a nap, hopefully today, but I am thinking of just letting them go without one so I know that they will sleep tonight.

right now it is nice and sunny outside, and we are supposed to get more snow tomorrow, and then again on Christmas Eve. Tommy already said that if it was snowing on Christmas Eve like it was yesterday then we are not going anywhere!

Francie~ What did Fonso get you? thanks for the card, by the way, we got it the other day.

Jules~ Is Dominic getting excited for Christmas?

jules1216
12-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Francie---enjoy your hubby time!! One of my friends who I lost contact with lived in Northern VA and their were all sorts of little antique shops and flea markets. Maybe Tammy knows of some around Annapolis to find the pistol or shaving kit.

Mindee--D LOVES the lights...that's about all he's excited about at this point. I cant wait until he does get excited.

Shopaholic1204
12-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Mindee~Fonzo got me a special edition of Twilight, this video game for my DS, some "stuff" from Victoria's Secret..and some more stuff from this other store that shall not be mentioned, lol.

Jules~Well..I wanted to get him stuff he could actually use. I already found the stuff at this really cool store at the mall near my friend's house in PA. I would like to find a pistol though. OH..I would also like to find some vintage aka thift stores here.

Well..Fonzo is off at work, and I feel sick to my stomach right now. I wish he didnt have to go. He's working security some wedding at the Academy. But he did look pretty hot before he left..LoL!!!

Anyways..I'm gonna go back to watching this movie. BBL

Shopaholic1204
12-20-2008, 03:03 PM
This is what Fonzo looked like when he left for work..lol..

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f110/americangurl182000/100_5460.jpg

Mom2Gaby
12-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Happy Saturday!

Francie - Fonzo is a pretty handsome guy in that uniform! Cute how you 2 opened the gifts already. lol I am not putting any gifts out til Christmas eve, I know Gaby would want them opened if she saw them. *sigh.....you need to send me your address (please!! and Sue too) I wanted to get at least a card out to you.

Sassy - You feeling better?

Jules - I bet little Dominic loves the lights and all. It is really hard to lose during the holidays, and the time goes by so fast too. I really miss my treadmill. I need to puch my butt and get into the exercise drill. The hospital for $25 a month will let you use the cardio rehab gym and you can go in there 24 hours a day. So, none of my whining that I don't wanna look like a goofball in front of others. haha

Mindee- Do you think you will get another opinion on Tommy's gallbladder? Shortness of breath scares me, maybe it is his blood flow causing that? And yes,.....I am not a doctor but I play one on tv. lol ............I soooo will not let Gaby out in the snow,,,,she begs and all but I don't want her getting all wet and cold. I know. What a meanie I am. :devil:

Cristina- Hey! Get your exercise done and come and chat!

Hi to everyone!!

I better get my butt home. It has been snowing since this morning and this isn't even the storm about to come in from the coast .....or wherever it is coming from...:dizzy:.....I promised Gaby some videos so I am going to get those and head home.

Managed to see 143.6 this morning though! Heehaw.

chat more later

jules1216
12-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Francie--Ahhh Fonzo sure is a cutie. I finished Christmas shopping on Thursday night. I thought of you when I was at Borders---they had a huge Twilight display. There was a girl ther and her parents were teasing her that she would love the calender more if it was all Edward.

Ry is super-excited. His friend Veronica's friend won a prize package for 10 people to go to the Oasis concert tonight and go backstage--they are even in the DC101 special section and he will be one of the 10. He has been pretty depressed over the holidays.

jules1216
12-20-2008, 03:27 PM
SuzyQ--I really think that I will get the treadmill. I can use it during D's naps when he's here. What eqipment do you get to use if you decide to use the gym. Do they have a whirlpool to get into after the workout? That would be awesome. I will be happy if I don't gain. After this week it won't be as hard
with all the temptations floating around. Work gave both hubby and I a jar of cashews and See's candy--I forgot mine at work--but Teri and hubby already finished off his box. It might snow (or ice) tonight. If it's too bad we won't be able to take my mom out.

suetalks
12-20-2008, 03:50 PM
Good afternoon...Just a short pop in for me. DH is cracking nuts for me to make my fudge. Yes...we get the whole walnuts and he is in charge of that. LOL..too funny. He just informed me that he is expensive and I better be prepared to pay him what he made at the factory..ha..I told him I would pay him with a pan of fudge and that shut him up. :)

We went out for breakfast and to the grocery store this morning. Got the rest of our gifts and gift cards and some Asti Spumante....so we are ready to celebrate. Cracker Barrel has some awesome Christmas things marked down 60% already. I am thinking of going back for ornaments for next year for the older grandkids.

Just getting ready to make the fudge, have a load of clothes in the dryer and then will clean the bathrooms. All I am doing for today.

We didn't get to go out the other night for dinner..too icy. I went with DD to the Mall yesterday and we had a good time.

Mom is coming home the end of this month. She is enjoying the warm weather and I know this will be a shock for her to come home to. Brrr.

Okay...that is all I have for now. I am sure I will pop back in with some indies at some point.

Shopaholic1204
12-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Susan~I think next year, I wont put out the gifts until Christmas Eve. Buttttt it would probably be too much temptation anyway, lol.

Jules~Ahh yes..I usually spend like 10 mins in front of the Twilight display whenever I go into the store, lol.

Sue~The cold weather is gonna be a big change from warm weather. I wish I could go to Az to soak up some warm weather for like a min, lol.

FrouFrou
12-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Hello ladies,

JULES...hoping you get the treadmill, I hate mine, lol. I love to walk but the treadmill bores the **** out of me. I much prefer the outdoors but what are ya gonna do in the winter? Well, even if you maintain thru the holidays that is great. You are doing an awesome job! Hope Ry has fun tonight!

MINDEE...have a nice day of shopping!

FRANCIE...funny you guys couldn't wait for Christmas. Glad you guys liked everything. And yes, Fonzo is a hansome young man in his uniform!

SUE...your momma might turn around and go back to FL once she feels the cold.

SUSAN...I'm here but don't have much to say...nothing going on, not even the exercise...just being lazy again. Yay to 143.6!

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Thinking I will go hit the treadmill now, ugh! I have put it off all day but I am freezing and need to warm up.

Have a good Saturday/weekend!

Shopaholic1204
12-20-2008, 05:08 PM
So I was just flipping through my new Us Mag..and it mentioned something about the new Bachelor show. And no surpise here. There's gonna be some single mommies on the show.

Cristina..ya, we're totally lame, lol. Last year we couldnt wait for Christmas either, lol.

suetalks
12-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Francie- I read that Jason is engaged after the show...he says he is happy and in love. Good for him.

Shopaholic1204
12-20-2008, 06:06 PM
They all say that, lol. I just hope its true, and it sticks.

FrouFrou
12-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Too cute Francie! You're not lame at all.

Just dropping by to say Hi...was watching a movie but had to get up and move around. So doing a load of laundry and the computer was calling my name, lol.

I'll check out your pics on myspace Mindee...I'm assuming you posted them there.

Hi to everyone :wave:

Guess I'll go find something to do, lol see ya :wave:

Sassy_Chick
12-21-2008, 08:00 AM
hi from the sickie. :wave:

Still sick. Feeeling a teeny tiney little bit better but I am totally looped on my medications.:dizzy: :crazy: Dunno how I am suppose to work like this tonight. :shrug:

Lata :wave:

RosieKate
12-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Sassy - hope you can feel well enough to work...get better soon!

Susan - Thanks for the lovely cards! Loved the pics of the girls..they are growing up so fast!

Cristina - TY for the card as well..just lovely and thanks also for the comments on my blog. I love getting comments :)

Hi to everyone else this snowy morning...we are really socked in. Very unusual for us to have a whole week of snow, but there you go. We haven't driven each other crazy yet. We just keep a log on the fire and the ipods charged up and we are good to go, lol!

jules1216
12-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Katy--we were suppossed to get snow but yet again...nothing. The deck and cars have a little bit of icy/snow but not enough to measure. It is cold and we are toasty with the woodstove.

Sassy--hope you get to feeling better soon...

Cristina--the people selling it said the same thing about the treadmill--it's a really great deal but I don't need a clothes collector...hubby gets mad whent he computer calls my name...but he's watching his car shows....

Sue--sounds like hubby is getting gourmet fudge out of the deal..

Francie--that's what I was thinking when I saw it--couldn't get too close with all the girls looking.

well...there are clothes to get done andwe have to get ready for Mom's lunch.

tommysgirl18
12-21-2008, 11:12 AM
just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing.....

my dad never did leave the house....Tommy called my mom and she said that he said that he wasn't leaving the house. So, we all packed in the van, and went up north for a little bit. we got some diapers, wipes, pull ups, and some other things from them. we all had a blast, and my sister even came down after she had decided against it.

the boys got their boots, and Marissa got a couple of things since they didn't have boots in her size. they got some new cups, and then also the Santa Clause 3 to add to their collection.

We are getting things ready to go to my sister Katy's house here in a little bit. But I need to get in the shower first......which I need to do here in a second.

FrouFrou
12-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Good, Sunday morning :D

JULES...my mom had a treadmill and always complained about needing to exercise/walk...she never used the thing except as a clothes hanger, lol. We have had this one for about 6 1/2 years *knock on wood* and it was a cheap 200 something one from Wal-Mart-it's not the cheapest one either as it has the little gadgets on it, just not a fan, lol. At different times we have all used it but now just me and DD use it mostly and mostly in the winter when we can't get out and walk. I'm thinking about trying to find a good winter workout outfit so I can go out and walk...just not sure what to look for...not wanting to layer or wear a coat...we'll see. I think that will be an after Christmas present to myself, lol. How's the baby boy? Have you heard from Ry, about the concert?

KATY...glad you guys have it and not us! Probably just jinxed it now, lol. All ours melted finally but it is bone chilling cold, or to me it is. glad you guys aren't driving each other nuts yet.

MINDEE...yay to the boots, now the kids can get out in that nasty stuff, lol! Do you guys get a lot of snow every year? I can't remember...I am thinking about moving somewhere warmer, lol. Glad you guys had a nice time with the fam and have a great time today with your sis.

SASSY...feel better soon!

Hello to all the other chickies :wave:

Anyone up for some sort of challenge for the new year? Been thinking about doing one, finding one to do or something...not sure what just thinking about it.

Got in a little bit of exercise yesterday...of course I wanted until the last minute and then couldn't concentrate on it so just quit...guess 50 mns is better than no minutes. Going to do better today. And I stayed up really late last night, lol...didn't get to bed until 4 a.m. watched stupid movies with the daughter and then spent time on the computer doing nothing, lol. Not really feeling tired but I am betting it will catch up to me later. Anyway...nothing going on today...going to try and get some reading done. I have a bag of Christmas reading I haven't even touched, actually forgot about it so maybe I will pick something out of the bag. And with that I am outta here...

Have a great Sunday!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/sabby817/H0LiDAYS/happy-holidays-cntry.png

Shopaholic1204
12-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Cristina~I will be up for a new challenge for the new year. Fonzo got me this weight loss thing for my DS..and I plan on using it wherever I go.

jules1216
12-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Mindee--yay--the boys have boots so they can go play in the snow!! Glad you had a great time!! Sometimes it does one good to get out of the house!!

Francie--hey there!!

Cristina--Ry had an awesome time at the concert--he got a bunch of free stuff--an Oasis tshirt & new cd--and a bunch of stuff from the radio station and a stretch limo ride to and from with a fully stocked bar. He went to his friends house afterwards. He leaves to go to Afghanastan tomorrow. He's an army ranger. It's a great deal on the treadmill--they paid around $500 for it at a local sporting goods chain store and are selling it for $125. They just don't use it.

We had a great time with my mom and brother with the exception of Teri--she got too drunk last night and didn't make it. I though Ry would have been the one with the concert the night before...

Well hubby wants on the pc--gotta go!!

tommysgirl18
12-22-2008, 12:21 AM
just thought I would pop back in while I am taking a break from wrapping some presents....and wouldn''t you know it.......Marissa is crying right now, so I better make this short.

one of my sisters ended up buying gifts for the kids, even though she said that we weren't exchanging gifts. BUT she does this every year so that we have something to fill up under the tree for the kids.

I am urked at my MIL right now......we had filled out an application to receive some gift help from the local Goodfellows. Well, they stopped by Sunday afternoon with some bags of stuff and an envelope. Well, the envelope had a note, and three gift cards for $50 a piece. Tommy called my MIL and told her about it earlier, and then just a little bit ago she called here for something and Tommy mentioned that we had come up with some ideas about what to get. My MIL bluntly goes "well, what are you getting us for Christmas?" Tommy says "well, when we get some extra money we will get you something." She then said something else that I didn't hear.....but then when we were wrapping presents I basically said that we weren't going to get them anything because of what she said. I WILL WIN on this one.....she pissed me off when she made that comment.

gotta run and see what Marissa is crying for.

Sassy_Chick
12-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Hola Chickas!

Well DH took me to the ER yesterday morning. Basically I have a virus.........but they checked it all out, gave me a breathing treatment and dr told me to take two days off work said I could go back Tuesday.

So I am home and I do feel better but still coughing but probably will be fine by Tuesday night to go into work. ;)

Thank you all for your holiday cards. :D

FrouFrou
12-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Good Monday, morning all! :wave:

SASSY...glad you went to the doc, and glad you are on the mend! :hug:

JULES...glad Ry had a GREAT time! Probably just what he needed! And glad you guys had a nice with you mom and brother. That is a great deal on the treadmill...I wouldn't pass on that! Charlotte bought a elliptical when Josh was still in HI and hates it. She hardly used it so I plan on buying that from her...she said she hates it because it hurts, lmao! I told her it is supposed to, till you get used to it, lol.

FRANCIE...that is cool!

No idea about a challenge...was just throwing that out there to see what everyone thought, if to see if anyone had anything in mind. Seems like I need some sort of challenge to keep me going. This past week was a terrible eating one for me...too much stress eating. And instead of writing down everything I figured when I ate badly I would skip a meal to make up for it and that is a big :nono: for me. My body has to have food and exercise to lose weight simpe as that. Needless to say, I am up a pound this week. I am fine with it because I knew I ate badly...you can't eat terribly and expect to lose, duh! Or I can't so...back on track and going to stay on track and do my journaling. I know Wed & thurs will be bad eating days but I am planning for that and going to try and not eat too much. It's the desserts that will be hard because we are having pizza and wings, lol. Anyway, off to change my ticker.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr246/RoziFox/xmasWhatshappeningborder.gif

suetalks
12-22-2008, 01:29 PM
Good Monday morning chickies. I thought I would get back on here this week-end, but no dice. This is a quickie...and I will try to get back here.

I weighed this morning and am still hovering around 165. I swear I go up a little then down a little. I am pleased though to not be back UP to 170, which is where I seem to always land. If I am 165 on Jan. 1st I will be happy. Of course, it isn't the 160 at the end of the year I hoped for, but better than gaining 10 pounds every winter as in the past. :)

It is in the single digits here...feels like 14 below zero. Yikes! I am staying indoors.

FrouFrou
12-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Backagain...had to change myweight on my profile. Was exercising and thinking i put 181.6 when it is 180.6...sure enough, i had 181.6. got it right on the ticker...anyway will be back once my nails dry completely...trying to type with a pen lol

Shopaholic1204
12-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Omg..I cant believe Christmas Eve is on wed!!! This year has just flown by!!! I hope 2009 is a good year for us.

Sassy~Glad you're getting better.

Cristina~I pretty much stopped weighing myself after Halloween. Holiday eating is just too much of a temptation for me. I knew it would be. I havent given up totally though. I started roller skating again, on nice day. I'm still falling on my butt, so I hope to get better at it again, lol. It's a start. 2009 is time for a change, know what I mean?

Shopaholic1204
12-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Backagain...had to change myweight on my profile. Was exercising and thinking i put 181.6 when it is 180.6...sure enough, i had 181.6. got it right on the ticker...anyway will be back once my nails dry completely...trying to type with a pen lol

Theres this stuff you can buy (I can only find it at Walmart)..and it dries your nails fast. They use it at nail salons.

jules1216
12-22-2008, 07:46 PM
Quickie for me again--feeling bad and got a HUGE cold sore on my lip. I really need to go to the doctors. Just when I think I am feeling better it kicks me in the butt again--stayed home from work--fever chills and raspy voice...

FrouFrou
12-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Hello ladies...

JULES...sorry you are sick, that bug just doesn't want to go away does it? Hope you feel better soon! :hug: Love your avatar...Dominic is quite the handsome little guy!

FRANCIE...I will have to look for the stuff when I buy groceries Wednesday. And I can't believe Christmas Eve/Christmas is just a couple of days away either! This year has definitely gone by way too fast! But I am looking forward to 2009. I was going to quit weighing before Thanksgiving and put it all off until the New Year and something made me step on the scale...I worked too hard to take this little bit off and I told the hubby I am NOT going to gain it back! Then I joined WW, lol. I probably would have gained a lot more back if I wouldn't have weighed...ugh, it's so hard!

SUE...I hear ya about the cold brrrrr! It has been so cold lately, too cold. But I decided today that when I am sitting here getting cold I am going to get up and walk on the treadmill for a few minutes...figure I might as well do something good, lol.

I was going to go to the mall today and walk but that went out the window. Couldn't remember their holiday hours and didn't want to deal with last minute shoppers getting in the way. So I walked at home. Did a dvd and a short 12 minute walk before leaving for errands. Then did another dvd and a 5 minute walk once I returned...the day went by too fast for me so in about a hour I will do another walk. I did get my laundry done, washed and dryed that is, will fold it tomorrow. Cut my hair and fixed some crockpot chicken for dinner and it was good! I've been trying to fix crockpot dinners on Monday's to avoid eating out. Anyway...yakkity, yak :gossip:

Hiya SUSAN, KATY, TAMMY, KATHY, ASIA, SASSY & MINDEE :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Guess I need to go clean up the kitchen...just finished dinner and then will get in that last walk for the day just to start over tomorrow! Have a good evening! :hug:

Shopaholic1204
12-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Jan will be my one year anniversary since I joined 3FC, lol.

Cristina~I need to work harder at losing some weight. I dunno what my prob is. I get a rush of motivation for awhile..then I just crash and burn. Why does that happen?? It's probably a good thing you didnt go walking at the mall. It would've been soooooooooooooooooooo crowded. And you dont wanna deal with angry shoppers.

Shopaholic1204
12-23-2008, 07:07 AM
Sooooooooooo I cannot sleep at all!!!!!!!!!! I'm watching Friends right now, lol. I was feeling sleepy, but this show just cracks me up, lol. I've been laughing all night.

FrouFrou
12-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Hello :wave:

FRANCIE...yeah, I do the same and I have no idea why we do that. It definitely is a cycle for me. It changed for me last year though and I started looking at it as getting healthy rather than concentrating on losing weight. Then I started losing and guess what? I started focusing on the numbers on the scale...I was wanting to see a loss every week. Then I stopped losing, lol. So I am going to try and focus on the health again...eating right and exercising. I don't feel that I was obsessive about the exercise but I definitely will be cutting back...aiming for 60-80 minutes and if I don't get any one day then that will be fine...I won't feel guilty because I didn't exercise. As long as I get something in at least 5 days a week. We CAN do this and will! You've come a long way...I've seen your pics on myspace and you've done pretty good with your weight loss...just don't ever give up! And WTG on being here a year! Doesn't seem like it's been almost a year already...I'm telling ya, these years are going by too fast!

SASSY & JULES...hoping you ladies are feeling better today!

KATY & SUSAN...you ladies be safe out in that icky weather!

HI SUE, TAMMY, ASIA, MINDEE, KATHY and...anyone I missed, always feel like I missed someone.

So I was up bright and early. Told V last night to make sure I am awake when he leaves for work. Wanted to get to Wal-Mart and buy groceries early because I have a feeling the next couple of days are going to be crazy at the shopping centers! So got that done...now I have lots of laundry to get folded and probably a load or two to do. Then exercise...supposed to do my biggest loser dvd...not done that in ages and don't want to lose what muscle I have built up. I am dreading it though, I know it is going to be a killer! It was a killer when I was used to doing it 2-3 times a week and I've not done it in a month or maybe two, yikes! Anywho...

I'll be back later to chat. Have a great day everyone! :hug:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x197/Hope6398/merry_christmas.jpg

jules1216
12-23-2008, 09:51 AM
Was going to go to the doctors on friday--but I think I am going to Express Care today.....

FrouFrou
12-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Hiya Jules...hope they can do something for you! Hugs :hug:

FrouFrou
12-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Where is everyone? Hoping all is well with everyone :hug:

Just stopping by for a few minutes while I take a break between exercising. Biggest loser dvd killed me for sure! Getting ready for round two...LS Sculpt & Burn and then grab some lunch.

Have a good one!

jules1216
12-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi Cristina--well I have a severe sinus infection, an ear infection and a lowgrade fever-the doctor wanted me to go home but I am here at work trying to finish a few things. I wish I had the energy to do your workouts!! Great job for you!!

Shopaholic1204
12-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey all...I'm not gonna be online until friday..so I just wanna wish everyone a happy and safe Merry Christmas!!!

http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1747/1747581obobcd1cro.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

tommysgirl18
12-23-2008, 06:03 PM
just thought I would pop in to see how every one is doing......

the past two days have been chaotic since Brandon hasn't had school.......BUT now daddy will be home for 12 days so it won't be as tough on me as it has been!

we were going to go out to Tommy's aunt and uncle's house tomorrow night, BUT we are staying home since Brandon and Rista (as the boys call her) are sick. So, we will be spending the day at home!!! Then on Christmas day we will be going to my in-law's house.

jules1216
12-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Francie---ooohhhh nooooooo!! We will miss you, but I am sure you will be having fun!! Hope you have a safe trip up and back!!

Mindee--thats nice that Tommy will be there to help--how is he feeling?

sz2atheart
12-23-2008, 07:49 PM
:xcheer: Merry Christmas :santa:

Just popping in for a quickie. Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas!! I have a housefull. MIL and stepD got here Sun, DS just got home from his honeymoon and stopped in with a friend for dinner last night and now trying to get things organized because of having to work the next two days. DD will be over Christmas day with her fiance and they will help DH and MIL with dinner prep. DS says that he will visit me at work Christmas Day. Basically we will exchange gifts with DD Christmas night and with DS the day after Christmas when I'll have a brunch. It's the only time to have everyone in one place at the same time. Already exchanged with stepD last night before she heading off to NC to visit her mother's family. She was excited when she saw the 32" HDTV that we gave her. :D She lives a little over an hour away and we will deliver it to her and help her set it up when she returns home. DD & DS will be equally spoiled with similar gifts. DH will be shocked when he gets his VISA bill ;) As for me, I'm still boo-hooing about having to work, but hey, someone has to do it. I'll leave dh a "honey-do" list for tomorrow to keep him busy while he tends to his mom.

There are too many sweets in this house :^: and very little restraint so please new year get here so I can trash everything and finally get back on program!! Again, everyone have a Merry Christmas!!

Shopaholic1204
12-23-2008, 11:39 PM
Okay..I dont know if I will be on friday. My BIL is coming here on friday. FINALLY!!!!!!!! So we gotta haul *** and get this place cleaned up, lol. Thankfully, he's coming at 10pm, so we'll have all day to clean.

Okay..I'm baking pumpkin pie right now..so it smells sooooooo good in here, lol.

FrouFrou
12-24-2008, 01:06 AM
STOP!!!!

We are a little over the hundred mark so...thought since I am on right now and have some time better start a new one for you ladies to chat away.

Head on over to BIK#67! See ya there :wave: