LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends December 15-21

View Full Version : Losers and Friends December 15-21

zambejaly5
12-15-2008, 08:58 AM
Up and At 'Em people!

Lets all fit in one more solid week before christmas week hits.

zambejaly5
12-15-2008, 09:05 AM
..... and by the way.

went shopping yesterday. I decided I was going to buy those size 10 jeans to hang in my closet, to encourage me to hit it hard til we leave to see our friends on the 26th. So I go and try them on...... THEY FIT!!!!! yippie. they are snug but not uncomfortable. I didn't have the guts to try on an 8. Which I know they would be either unbearably tight or unfastenable. but that is what I expected the 10s to be and here I was wearing them all afternoon yesterday. so maybe I will start the new year in 8s. in either Jan or Feb. YAY YAY YAY!!!

It is amazing me though, that not that many people are really saying much. Either they are not noticing, or are afraid to say something. I mean come on, they have to have noticed. I was an 18 in Sept. and now a 10! Isn't that noticable???? I wish I had pictures from Sat night. Our church choir performed at a local Mormon church and I dressed to the hilt! had a very smart and skinny looking all black outfit on and since I was going to be up front in the lights and it was a evening, dressy affair, .. did the make up in high glamor as well. I thought I looked pretty darn good.

K enough horn tooting. Come on everyone, focus this week, I want you all to join me in the 10s and 8s for the new year.

jewljz
12-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Letty - I was going to tell you to just try the 10's last week, but by the time I finished reading I forgot... sorry :( I've been losing pretty slowly, but my sizes keep changing, I wore a size 6 pair of pants the other day that fit fine last month and are now all saggy! You have done an amazing job - don't let our lack of recognition get you down!

So... tomorrow's my birthday, I woke up today and put on a nice outfit for work and my first thought was "OH MY GOD... I'm going to be 38 tomorrow! But I feel better than I did when I turned 30 ;) "

I started my Christmas shopping this weekend, bought 12 boxes for my cookie of the month gift for my dad - so now I have to follow through or I will have wasted 12 bucks on boxes! I had intended on getting the kids one of those 3 in 1 game tables with air hockey, ping pong, and pool... but then my DH decided that we need an olympic regulation size air hockey table that costs 3 times as much as the one I picked and will take up twice the space... gotta love him - he wants the best for our kids. I'm just glad that I was able to finish most of my shopping in one day! And the most amazing thing was that there was no line at Toys R Us! TWICE!

And then, my DH actually took the kids to get a Christmas Tree! I'm usually the one doing all that by myself... so glad he's in the Christmas spirit.

Hope everyone else is feeling the holiday spirit as well!

Repo girl
12-15-2008, 10:59 AM
Good job Lettie!! How exciting. I love to hear how you are glamming out and looking and feeling your best. There is nothing better than that!

I am going to join you soon. I have been doing some soul searching about my weight, and the message that I keep getting from my intuition is that my weight problem is all about protection. Physical protection, but also because of the work that I do in my clinic. I have to rely on my intuition, and I have to be able to trust myself enough to say things that are a little scary to say. Mainly, I guess, because it sucks to be wrong. That really hardly happens, but it is crappy when it does. So anyways, it seems that I have been insulating myself for safety's sake. Now, I just have to figure out how to stop doing that. Sorry, I know this seems really weird....

JLem311
12-15-2008, 11:15 AM
good morning everyone. DD's school was 2hrs late today due to the extremely frigid temperatures. the high is -5 and with the windchill it was about -36 this morning. in some spots farther north it was -56 and no school at all because of the wind chill warnings. it's freakin' ridiculous outside! plus with all the snow north of where we are, it's been blizzard conditions all weekend long. ugh. and it's not even officially winter yet! ha.
so at least i got a few extra hours with DD this morning before sending her off to school. i would've rather had her home all day, but not much i can do about that. (guess i could've kept her home, but former DH frowns upon her missing any school!)

so for those of you who haven't looked at last weeks thread at the last page..i did have my ultrasound on friday and the baby is growing great and healthy and weighs about 13oz right now and doing well! :) we also caved and found out that we're expecting a GIRL! :) and here this whole time DH and i have thought it was a boy. so it was a bit of a surprise and it's still a bit odd to say "she or her" instead of "he or him." we're excited! DH was in awe of the whole ultrasound process and i think he had his mouth hung open the whole time and tears in his eyes. it was amazing.

so yeah..that's my exciting news for the time being. now on to picking the perfect name for our little girl! i don't think we're going to stick with the J name theme, since this is a different child with a different daddy. plus i only really love the two J names that we've already used for DD and DS. so we'll see.

hope everyone has a good start to the week and stay warm!

JLem311
12-15-2008, 11:20 AM
i put a picture of the baby in my profile, if you missed it on last weeks thread too!

Kimphin
12-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Congratulations Jillian!

I've been without power since Thursday night, thanks to the big ice storm up here. Ugh. We were going to stay in the house, but DH got called in to the emergency management office and I ended up going to SIL's house, mostly out of sheer boredom. DH was gone most of the weekend, and I got nothing done Christmas-wise. That led to a total emotional meltdown for me yesterday when we went to the house (which was at 40degrees) and I saw the undecorated tree, no presents, fridge and freezer contents ruined, and the utility company saying that we would have power by THURSDAY. I lost it. DH did his best to talk me off the ledge, but he was exhausted and frustrated too. Ugh. Luckily our power came back on at some point last night, so I can get back to normal. Food this weekend? I think I ate, but I have no idea what. I did, however, drink yesterday.

I have another trainer appointment today, I have power now, so I don't have any excuses.

Gotta go!

JerseyMadchen
12-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Morning guys!

Lettie- CONGRATS! I am so jealous! It's so motivating though! I remember getting into 12s and thought it was teh most amazing thing in the world. If only I could do that again!

Jillian- CONGRATS again! Pete must be on cloud 9!!!

It is a very warm 64 here in Jersey! This weather is a mess! It was 20 last Monday, and now look. UGH! You don't know what to wear. I go out to walk in a sweatshirt and pants and end up sweating.

Katie- I too have been thinking more about my weight. I am 20 lbs heavier than my heaviest, and yet can't seem to get started losing. I was POP for 2 weeks and didn't lose. Well, I lost 3 lbs at the end of 2 weeks that came right back the next day. I get really upset about it, yet not to the point of doing anything.

Last night was our choir contata for the church which I had to dress up for. I actually play piano/organ for the church, so I was totally in the spotlight. As I was getting ready I was just pissy and uncomfortable. This weight is the cause! I dress up, curl my hair, etc. with new clothes and still do not feel attractive at all! All I feel comfortable in is sweats and a tshirt!

I realized I am not going to be able to lose this time without exercising. I HATE it. Last time I was working full time in retail management, so I was all over the place, working crazy hours. Now I am a full time student and don't work, so I am more sedentary. I need to accept that fact and exercise more.

Any ideas to make it fun?? I know I am not the only one who hates it!!!!!

JLem311
12-15-2008, 12:40 PM
amy--get an mp3 player if you don't already have one! that's what makes (or shall i say made, since i haven't worked out yet this pregnancy! shhhh! don't tell!) me wanna workout! i actually miss it. but i just don't have the motivation to get on my elliptical after a hectic day of being 5 months pregnant with a very rowdy 3yr old little boy. it's hard. i'm a bit upset with myself for not working out at all since i got pregnant, but i figured that i'm gonna have no choice but to workout after it's all done and over with...so i'm telling myself and rationalizing with myself that this is my one and final break from it all. ha. oh well. april will come soon enough and then 6wks post-baby, i'll be back POP and exercising. (sorry for my long rant there!)

kim--sorry about your crappy weekend. i hope it gets better for you. good luck with your trainer. i'm still jealous that you have one!

thanks for all the congrats everyone! DH and i are still both very giddy from the whole ultrasound experience on friday! :) it just makes it all that much more real and now that we know it's a girl and we got to see her and have a few pictures, DH told me he feel much more connected to the baby now. i love it. and soon enough he'll be able to feel her kicking. he keeps trying every spare second we're with each other, but she stops when he puts his hand on my tummy and then starts back up after! it's that and the kicks/punches aren't strong enough yet for him to feel them..even though they sure are to me. :)

ok..nap time for DS and maybe me too!

BarbaraB
12-15-2008, 01:45 PM
Jillian, It is so sweet that your oldest DD is so happy to have a sister. I'm sure your littlest DD will soon have daddy totally wrapped around her little finger.

Lettie, I did tell you that it didn't take near as many pounds to fit into the 10's as it had the 12's. Lose another 10 and you will likely be squeezing into the 8's.... I'm sure you looked great for your concert.

Kim, I feel your holiday stress.... I've really been trying to take a few calming breaths and find the joy in the season instead of the stress.... OK not totally successfully, but I'm trying. For me it seems that the holiday plans we had 2 weeks ago are not going to come to pass anyway. My sister who recently lost her daughter has her best friend of 30 years currently dying of breast cancer, so she refuses to leave her side at this time. My mom was going to come up but it snowed 4 inches here yesterday and is not supposed to go above freezing for the rest of the week with more snow forcast, and I just don't think she'll risk the long drive up here either... So I'm suddenly a bit sad, but less stressed... We'll get together some other time.... as the love is still there even if the holiday events are greatly scaled down this year.

sscott
12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Hello! You guys probably don't remember me, I have been gone for almost a year growing a baby :-) I am done now and have another beautiful daughter. I finally got the nerve up today to go back to the center. I really don't want to start at this again, but know that I really need it! So, here we go...

Repo girl
12-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi Stacy, I remember you!! Congrats on the baby, and welcome back!

Babara- OMG, your poor sister. She is really having a bad year. Sorry your plans are going to ****. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

Kim- Oh, sorry your weekend was so rotten. I was wondering about you when I saw the power outages on the news. Glad it is back on now!

Amy- I hear you on being pissy and frustrated with trying to get fixed up. I am in the exact same boat right now.

Jillian-We got pounded with snow over the weekend, and now bitter cold. Try to stay warm!

Dan2112
12-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey all..

Welcome back Stacy! Of course we remember you!

Cold and dreary here today and our office closed early because of the snow.. So now I'm sitting here working on the couch.. Well, mostly working! But I'm not snacking, so that's a good thing!

BarbaraB
12-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Dan, We all know that there is no junk to eat at your place anyway, so go ahead and snack on some fruit or veggies.

Amy, People who exercise can eat more and still lose weight. Exercise helps alleviates depression. You will be smaller and firmer. It will give your body a nicer shape. People who exercise tend to keep the weight off better than those who don't. It feels so good when you stop... but start slow and find something you like to do. Or even better yet, find something you and your new hubby can do together.

JerseyMadchen
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey guys!

I can't believe all this talks of snow! It's crazy! It was 70 here today. WOW. I wish it was cold here, I LOVE cold. When we move to VA I will definitely miss the cold.

Barbara- thanks for your encouragement. I have the originaly walking tape that LA gave me when I joined that I like. I did it before until it didn't phase me anymore. I am sure as easy as it is, it would be a work-out now!

Stacy- welcome back! You have such a beautiful family!

Well, off to decorate the tree and watch the Eagles game with my younger brother!

Have a great night!

zambejaly5
12-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Amy, we were 68 yesterday...... 17 today...... and supposed to be 60 on thursday!!! that is crazy!!!

Repo girl
12-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Morning everyone!

Nicole- I was wondering what name you settled on for your new furbaby?

JLem311
12-16-2008, 09:11 AM
morning everyone. not much going on here. feeling pretty blah today. I think i'm just getting down because I still have my scale out and I shouldn't be getting on it while i'm pregnant...never a good idea. i'm not even making too terrible of food choices...I know probably too much sodium. but regardless it depresses me a bit. I feel so much better during this pregnancy than I have with my previous two..so I should focus on that and how I feel and nothing else. it's just hard.
anyways...sorry to ramble. it's just getting me down lately.

i'll be back later. DS is wanting to snuggle. :)
hope nicole comes on today to give us a puppy update.

Repo girl
12-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Here is a picture of Skippyjon Jones in his Santa outfit.

Macomom
12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
Hello Friends and Losers,
I would like to join your thread. I have been doing LA for almost three weeks and in this time I have travelled to London, Johannesburg and I am now in Seattle. I am trying my best, but could use some support.
Can I come and play too? :)

Repo girl
12-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Of course you can! Welcome!

Mama Nicole
12-16-2008, 10:31 AM
232. that's my number. i feel you, Jillian.....Im so not pregnant.....but the sclae can really bring me down some days too. I went and bought two new fat uniforms, and I hope to only wear them for a couple of months. I had nothing left to wear that fit and looked decent.......so I thought that maybe if I had something new and not grubby looking that I would feel better. I am going to shower in a few and put one of them on and see how that works out. Wish me luck

You know, Katie..your statement yesterday really hit me. I don't think you are weird at all. I think I insulate too. I protect myself.......from many things. I have been doing a lot of thinking of why I don't take better care of myself....and you know, I feel like I am always living for tomorrow instead of just enjoying today. I feel like I am always planning and never living. I am trying to find small little things I can do to change that. One thing I am doing is choosing people over chores. If my kids ask me to read to them, I am giong to try to chuck the dishes notion and sit down and read to them. Also, if one of my neighbors or friends wants to come over or invites me (us), I am going to do my best to say yes every time. Who care if the house is a mess or the laundry is piling. Loneliness is what helped me get to where I am today (with my move to STL 4 years ago).......and maybe if I can undo the cause of my loneliness, I can also kick the fat girl's butt again. I dont know, these are all just thoughts.......

So, I am kinda feeling like Debbie Downer.......but Debbie Downer with some new insight. So, don't let my words bring you down at all........I think we all have to find our way, and talking (typing) is good therapy for me.

And Katie.....thanks again for that perfect description......insulating.......I don't know if it means the same thing to you as it does to me.....but girl.......you got me really thinking and I feel like it is time to wake up.

So, welcome to all the newbies, and hang in there to everyone who has been here a while. We all can do this......:)
XOXO
P.S. no puppy name yet. I want Penelope, Princess Buttercup, Noel, or Fluffy. The only name we all somewhat agree on is Fluffy. Any good ideas?

Mama Nicole
12-16-2008, 10:38 AM
Katie.......your doggy is ADORABLE in his Santa suit!!!!

JerseyMadchen
12-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Morning guys!

Hope all is well! I just got the BEST Christmas gift in the mail... unemployment extended for another 7 weeks! I LOVE President Bush. I think the good things he does get outweighed by the media...

Nicole- fat uniforms? What are they? If you just mean clothes, I get you loud and clear. I had to go buy jeans, dress pants and new tops in size 18. And the only good jeans in women's are Calvin Klein at $80! AHH!!!!

Katie- Skip is adorable!!

Macomom- Welcome! What do you do that requires that kind of travel??

Have a great day!

Repo girl
12-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Haha, fat uniforms. I hear you too. 2 fleece jammie sets that are cute enough not to look like jammies if my hair is done and I have a necklace on. This is what I have been working in the last couple of weeks. (I work from home) My SIL teases me that she loves my business suits. The truth is, that is all I feel very comfy in. Plus 2 new pairs of Maurices jeans, size 20.

Nicole- As you know, I have been working down a spiritual path for awhile now. Our Reiki clinic has started to get pretty busy. I love the work there, and meeting new people. The thing is, I have clients that have big issues that they come to me for help with. They want a reading from me to help them to decide what to do. It takes a lot of courage to tell them what I see. It has taken even more courage to beat my fears of the spirit world. So, I know why I am insulating. Now I just have to figure out how to stop. I have been steadily gaining for about 10 months now, no matter what I do. And it's not that I really eat that much. Of course I splurge and go crazy every once in a while, but for the most part I eat pretty clean. I can see a very clear picture of the size I want to be. I am ready to get there. Enough is enough, right?

Sige
12-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Okay people...I just read this thread and there is a definite "depressed and feeling fat" theme coming...

COME ON LADIES....YOU CAN DO IT, YOU KNOW YOU CAN!!! Do you remember in the past when you've said "wow, if I had stayed on track when I started a year ago (or however long) I would already be at my goal? Remember that crappy feeling? Well as you stay on track...walk...dance...row...ski or whatever you do to get active just hold onto that thought...in 6 months (2 months...1 month...two weeks...whatever helps) I will be REALLY bummed if I don't do this TODAY. Just today. For ME, not my husband, kids, sister, parent, co-worker, best friend...just ME. Tomorrow can pound sand...today is what's important.

We have been told over and over by society, magazines, movies, etc. that to be beautiful and attractive is to be skinny and flawless. I say bull. We are ALL amazing, beautiful, perfect-just-the-way-we-are women. Once we can understand that, then it's easier to move on to losing weight (or whatever it is we want to achieve).

I've gone from a size 22 to a size 12, lost 70 lbs. and if I can do it...ANYONE can do it!!! I have faith in all of you...look at the difficulties we've all overcome throughout our lives...we are STRONG!!!

Okay...sermon over (not sure where that came from...). Have a great day and stay on track, JUST FOR TODAY!!!

Hugs
Peggy

PS: Sorry Dan...you're at goal so I didn't say Ladies and Man LOL.

BarbaraB
12-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Peggy,
Look, You've already gotten some of those pesky last 10 pounds gone! You are doing so good! Nice pep talk. Seems like it was needed.

Katie and Nicole, In our society that is so focused on thin being beautiful, isn't it strange that many of us feel protected and safe while overweight. I know I did. It was my comfort zone. The place where you are fairly invisible to men, where no one is threatened or jealous of you. I think if you've been overweight significantly for a significant period of time, it is a big adjustment. I'm sure much weight has been regained just because it was more comfortable for the person to be fat, since they know how to be a fat person, than to lose weight and be healthy.

Jillian, You look so glowingly healthy. You are obviously taking better care of yourself this pregnancy than in past ones. Focus on being healthy, try to get just a bit of exercise in. Start slow. Being fit will only help with the delivery and help with you snapping back afterwards, and I know the doctors tell you to do it, even if it is just a bit of walking.

Amy, the walking tapes sound great. I felt like a slug for not doing any exercise yesterday after going on about it, but we've been snow bound... tonight for sure I'm going to get on the elliptical and sweat.

RRMom
12-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi Everybody,

I just bought the new Mama Mia dvd (loved the movie) and 25 minutes went by on the treadmill like that. I also walked quicker than usual because of the great upbeat music. Maybe instead of my usual tv shows I should watch a musical like Mama Mia or Rent everytime I work out. It's almost 60 here today and overcast, but at least it's warm. I am still sticking with plan (although last night I had a small pizza lapse). That's what happens when you let yourself get too hungry come home from work and DH and DS's have had pizza for dinner. Have a great day everyone.

Laura

Mama Nicole
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Katie and Nicole, In our society that is so focused on thin being beautiful, isn't it strange that many of us feel protected and safe while overweight. I know I did. It was my comfort zone. The place where you are fairly invisible to men, where no one is threatened or jealous of you. I think if you've been overweight significantly for a significant period of time, it is a big adjustment. I'm sure much weight has been regained just because it was more comfortable for the person to be fat, since they know how to be a fat person, than to lose weight and be healthy.
that is it........perfectly it.......thank you :)

Jillian.......Barbara is so right. I know it is hard to be a former fatty and pregnant....but you have done so well. You look like one of those adorable pregnant ladies that I was always jealous of. You have a lucky baby :)

Peggy :hug: thanks :)

JerseyAmy........when I say fat suits or uniforms.......I mean whatever it is that you wear absolutely every time is is clean (and sometimes when it is not exactly clean) because it is the only thing that isn't tight that looks somewhat decent enough to go out in public in ;) And for me, that was two warm up suit thingies. It is my first time buying one simply to hide in......:lol:.

Ok, time to change the laundry :)
XOXO

JLem311
12-16-2008, 05:07 PM
thanks for the compliments and motivational words. it is hard to see myself gain weight when I was almost at my goal at the end of july. dang DH for being gone for so long and then knocking me up before I can fully enjoy my new body! ha. lol. I know I always gain a bunch when i'm pregnant and this time, even though i'm eating so much better, is no exception. you'd think it would be, but I guess that's not how my body does pregnancy. boo! anyways..this weight gain is only temporary and for a good cause....my little baby!

ok..sorry for being such a downer today. i'm happy that i've been sticking around here even though i'm not on plan. it makes me feel better.

Sige
12-16-2008, 05:26 PM
You are SO not a downer...you look positively radiant!!

Mama Nicole
12-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Jillian..........you know, I gained 50 pounds or more with each and every pregnacy. And, all of my babies were in the 7 pound range, except Andrew, who was 10 days late, and 9 lbs, 15 oz........yikes. Anyway, I decided about the third pregancy around that I am just one of those people who gain more than average. All of my babies were healthy, good weights, and I was healthy throughout my pregancy. I never had pregnacy onset diabetes or high blood pressure. I only swelled up with one of them. Anyway.......I am thinking you are like me......this is how your body works to make a baby, and that is just the way it is :) And can I tell you how excited I am that you are having a girlie girl!!!! What is the weather like in SD at the end of April, beginning of May? Just in case I get my crochet hooks out again. :)

Peggy....how incredible that you have done so well. You must just love getting dressed now ;)

Ok, time to get homework done and kids settled in :)
XOXO

Sige
12-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Nicole...it is amazing! I feel fabulous!!

JLem311
12-16-2008, 08:33 PM
nicole--i guess i just needed to realize that it's just how my body does pregnancy. hmm. oh well. DD was 8lbs 5oz and DS was 9lbs 11oz. but now that this is a different daddy, hopefully this little girl won't be too huge! :)
even though this wasn't planned, it sure is turning out pretty great. i don't have to be prego during the summer and i can hide in long sleeves! :) yay! and the baby will arrive at the end of april and it should be spring time..hopefully. we did get one last snow at the beginning of may this year, but it should be 50's weather so i won't have to worry too much about the baby being chilly! :)

amylou7777
12-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Hello friends!

Nicole, Katie-believe me when I say I feel ya today! On so many levels! So I'm not going to get down about the scale this morning. Last night I walked a mile with my Leslie Sansone DVD and after about 5 min I almost cried thinking, What have I been waiting for?! While it was definitely a lot more difficult than it was when I was in shape this summer, I finished the mile and felt SO good. I could definitely feel the burst of energy this morning. I couldn't believe how instant it was.

Amy-I was in the same boat about exercising and now that I've started I know I can do it. You just have to start walking or running or whatever you like and then we can keep it up. The first step is always the hardest.

Jillian-put that scale away! Your baby needs you to be happy and healthy and maybe a lil plump so she can grow and grow! Think of how powerful you are and how far you have come, there is zero doubt you can undo what the pregnancy does to your body. I have 100% confidence in you. And like everyone else has said, you look SO beautiful.

Peggy- you are definitely an inspiration!!! Wow! I definitely needed your pep talk! Thanks!

Lettie-I can't believe no one is noticing?! They must not be saying anything. I remember when I told a few people at school when I had reached the 40lbs mark and about a dozen people said, I thought you looked thinner! WTH? I guess some people view it as such a touchy subject that they just stay away from weight comments. Congrats on the new jeans size! That is incredible.

I need to go back and read the rest!

erin1369
12-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Hi Everyone.....*tail between legs*

I have been here everyday, reading what's going on with you guys and your struggles and acomplishments. I just have had nothing to say that I felt contributed at all. I am still yo-yoing as I have since I went on my first diet when I was 14 and 220lbs. For 11 years I have suffered from body dismorphia and compulsive overeating and dieting. I am tired of not accepting my body and my flaws, Peggy your post really hit home to me. I have kept off 70 lbs for the better part of 7 years and I should celebrate that and how much healthier I am. All I see is the 15lbs I have yet to lose...again, as I have lost and regained so many times. This time I joined LAWL because I let my weight creep up to 170 a place I hadn't been since I was on my way down the first time. I have decided I need to take it a step further and seek professional help for my eating disorders. I don't need a diet, I need acceptance and to deal with the root of the issue I keep drowning in food. I have missed posting, I feel a bit better just putting in words how I feel to people I know will understand. Thanks for letting me get it out. I am going to try to go back to posting regularly.

Dan2112
12-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Good for you Erin.. Admitting that sometimes we're not in control is a huge step. While sites like this are great for support and encouragement, sometimes we need some extra help.

I hope you keep posting often and just know we're here for you!

Hope you all have a great rest of the week.. Things are busy for me at work the rest of the week, so I'm going to have to try to curtail my extra web surfing..

JerseyMadchen
12-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Hey guys!

I just finished watching the TBL finale and am motivated! Katie and Nicole- let's do this!

Let's keep each other accountable. We're all pretty much on here every day... let's report in to each other!

JLem311
12-17-2008, 09:16 AM
morning everyone. just wanted to post a quick hi. hope everyone has a good day. snuggling with DS as i type this. :)

jewljz
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
WOW guys, yesterday was my birthday so I didn’t get on the computer at all... so sorry everyone was feeling down  I can’t relate to everyone, but what I can do is share my insight from my point of view and hope that someone can relate to me (and let me warn you, it will be a book). For me it was all about organization – I am a sagitarrius and am definitely lacking in that department. This is the reason I am married to Virgo, who is probably one of the most extreme organizers… I need this kind of structure. I have always felt that things are better for me when they flow smoothly, if something is getting out of control you cannot count on me to stop it and get it back in control, instead I tend to surrender to it and spiral out of control with it. Take for instance the house cleaning, I know that I need to clean on specific days in order to keep everything looking right, but if I start to slack on one day it turns into slacking several days and then instead of trying to put it back by dedicating extra time to that chore I start obsessing by deep cleaning drawers and closets but soon become distracted and in order to just finish end up doing a half *ss job. My DH and I have had many a fight over this chore. My solution is always to live very structured, delegate chores to the kids, hire a cleaning lady, and don’t skip chores on assigned days. When delegating to the kids, I had to let go of my issues with clothes hung in the closets facing the wrong ways, underwear in the wrong drawers, etc. Anyway, having learned this about myself in the past I knew that the LAWL plan would be a good fit for me because of the lists and checkboxes in the diary and meal plan – there’s not much left to the imagination – you eat the food on the list and check off the boxes in the diary, if its not in the list you don’t eat it. I have gotten where I am today by eating more raw vegetables than canned or cooked ones, eating more fresh fruit than fruit packed in syrup, and preparing the majority of the food I eat myself rather than counting on getting something that is already prepared. I guess the bottom line here is what some of the others said, you have to find the root of your problem and then you can fix it.

JerseyMadchen
12-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Hey guys! Hope you're having a good day!

If you're bored and would like to see wedding pictures... here goes:

www.efoto.com

Event Name: Beach (Beach Peek Wedding)

Kimphin
12-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Happy Birthday Julie!!!! Mines tomorrow, so your post described me to a tee.... it was strange reading it and seeing all of that in myself. The deep cleaning thing - soooo what I do!

When I was successful at the program, I was very organized too. I sat down on Saturday mornings and wrote out my menu, and shopped according to that. That way, if I was stuck at work, DH could look at the menu and get a start on dinner. This half a**ed winging it thing is obviously not working for me, so back to the planning board I go. I am craving some sense of routine - I look at the gym schedule and WANT to have a regular routine there. It's such a hard few weeks to get that done right now, but I have to - I need to make these changes a part of my daily existence.

Amy - the picture link didn't get me anywhere where I could enter the event name?

I hope everyone is having a good day. Lets get a jump start on that new year!

Mama Nicole
12-17-2008, 04:17 PM
:bday2you::bday2you::bday2you::hb::woo::gift::ball oons:
Happy Belated Birthday, Julie ;)

danggers (one of my 6 yo DS's words meaning bummer) we are an insightful group this week.

Kim.......that so sucks about your power. It gets so borning, doesn't it? There are way worse things than bored, but I have been without power for a few days at a time....it sucks. I feel for you having to clean out thet refrigerator too!!!!

Ok, no time to play......have to get dinner started :)
XOXO

jewljz
12-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Kim - Happy birthday to you also :) What sign is your husband? I'm just so glad someone could relate to me - most of the time I feel like a scatterbrain!

jewljz
12-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Thank you Nicole :) Loved the serenade!

Repo girl
12-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Happy Birthday to both of you Julie and Kim!!

RRMom
12-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Amy L, just wanted you to know I tried the Diet coke sloppy joes tonight (actually diet pepsi cause that's what I had). Everybody loved them. My 7 year old DS who is very picky even ate them and asked for seconds. I even added cut up green peppers with the onions and he had no idea. This site is really helping me with my meal planning and cooking. Thanks again. Laura

Mama Nicole
12-18-2008, 10:24 AM
Erin..........sorry I didn't reply yesterday, I was barely skimming posts. Good for you!!! Please, let us know how it goes. And, please please do it. Don't let the moment pass because you feel a bit better now that you have come right out and said it. I have thought about going for professional help before....but I always change my mind. I hope you do NOT change your mind. Also, it takes a lot of courage to be so open and honest, and you are an inspiration to me because of that. When I weighed 130 lbs, I still felt like a fat girl.......and that's just nooooo good!!! Make your calls today. You will be glad you did ;)

Kim.......:bday2you::bday2you:Happy Birthday dear Kim:bday2you:
:bday2::woo::hb::gift::celebrate::balloons:

Amylou.......what's the story with your lawyer status at work? I sure am glad you are back and posting. I have big (no pun intended) plans for us for 2009. We are going to be babelicious by the end of it. I am so excited!!!!

Julie........I too am so organized when I am OP. And then, when I fall off and decide I am going to make things right.....I want to purge everything around me. It is so insane. You, my friend, are not alone.

Laura......I am glad we are helping somewhat, even though we are all kind of distracted lately. I just love the recipe threads. I used to use them all the time. Hmmmm, that says something, doesn't it? :)

Hi Katie :) How is your today going? Do you have just a ton of kids over Christmas break? I used to have all kind of school aged kids during school breaks, and that was always kind of fun. We got to do different things. The only trouble was, a lot of them had younger sisters or brothers in my regular daycare, and they would want to tell me how to care for their siblings. :lol:. I got such a kick out of it. Even though it drove me crazy sometimes (I am thking of one family in particular that had a very colicky baby that I just walked around all the live long day), I found it kind of endearing that they were so concerned.

My little baby puppy is sleeping behind my neck right now. I am on my sofa with my laptop,and she is on the back of it, soaking up my warmth. She is such a cutie pie. Hey, maybe that is what I should name her. No, we still haven't decided........

S'up Dan? I know you are here lurking....trying to stay on track with work ;) :lol:.

Jersey Amy.....I am going to go look at your wedding pictures when I am done posting. I am pretty excited about it too.....I jsut love wedding photos. I love your new avatar picture. You two are adorbale together :)

Hey, where is our Dixie Amy anyway? Did your boys send you to the funny farm? I hope all is well with you ;)

I miss Cassi, Kristen, Joni, Lea Ann, Josie's mom (what is worng with me that I can't rememaber her name right now??) Kim numba 2........

Anyway.......I really should get some work done. It is actually quiet right now. Amazing. I have a cold and it is kicking my butt. I actually went to bed at 8 last night, and DH cleaned up the whole house. I woke up and about cried with joy!!!! Lucky me :)

Ok, really going to get something done now :)
Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

amylou7777
12-18-2008, 10:25 AM
Morning!

Laura-I love that recipe too! We haven't had it in a while...thanks for the reminder! Good idea to add more veggies.

Julie & Kim-hope you both had fantastic birthdays!

Katie-love your doggy!!

Nicole-any decisions on the name of that cute lil baby dog? She is so adorable! Love the pics of the kids with her.

Late for work, I'll try to get on later. It's been cold here and I love it, makes it feel more like Christmas!

I'm committed to a healthy day today!

Kimphin
12-18-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Julie - DH is an Aries. I don't know anything about astrology, but he's also an engineer, so the scatterbrained part of me is totally opposite his superorganized engineer brain. Oh, and meticulous handwriting.

Nicole - I miss the puppy snuggle! Dodger barely tolerates getting petted now, unless HE decides he has an itch he can't reach. I guess he's entitled to be a grumpy old man though.

Hoping for another snow day tomorrow! (This one WITH power).

Mama Nicole
12-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Jersey Amy......I couldn't see any photos.....check your link......is there something I am doing wrong?

erin1369
12-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Hi Everyone

We have been getting bucketfulls of snow up here in the Great White North! There is about 3 feet on the ground in the city and plenty more on the mountains. I would tell you how cold it is but itg would be in c not f degrees so not sure if it would make sense. Peggy I know you have lots of snow and cold also only being 2 hours south of me!

So I go for an intake meeting tomorrow at the mental heath facility. They asses what type or degree of help you need and set you up thay way. The lady on the phone said that they deal alot with eating disorders and encouraged me to come in right away like Nicole said before the desire to get help fades. I'll update you tomorrow how it goes.

Hope you all have a healthy day.

JLem311
12-18-2008, 11:33 AM
hey everyone. today is just dragging me along. i'm so tired. and I keep dozing off while jag plays or snuggles with me on the couch. it's terrible. he keeps saying, wake up mom! ugh! i'm trying! I feel like a deadbeat mom lately. DD gets out of school early today so that throws off the routine a bit. but we're going back to my house to make some xmas goodies, I think. and baking xmas cookies on saturday and then frosting them on xmas eve. should be fun.

anyways..that's it for me. gotta go and try and get DS down for an early nap.

Kristinx
12-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm up in Canada too, however today seems to be the first really cold wind chill day. We get snow, but then it warms up to spring temperatures and it melt...and over and over again..I'm sure that will all end soon though and we will feel the cold that the Western part of Canada has felt!

SO my Fast Forward Juice and LA Lites arrived today and I am sooo excited to start this diet in the new year. I almost want to start now, but I know I'll only get thrown off by the holidays right away so better to wait until the new year and a new start. Once I get back from my travels I will be on plan! Day one will be January 12 I think

Repo girl
12-18-2008, 12:51 PM
We are having a really cold week too, with tons of snow predicted. It is already very white and pretty outside. Perfect for Christmas.

Here are pics of my kids at their Christmas program at school today.

Mama Nicole
12-18-2008, 01:01 PM
oh, Katie.....the kids are adorable!!!! I want to see a face shot of you next to your son. For some reason, I think he must look like you :)
xoxo

Joni135
12-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone...I've been sort of quiet and busy with work. Nothing too exciting nor motivating to report. I came on here to see what's new...Congrats to Bradley's mom on the birth of her baby Boy! Katie - who's the baby in your profile pic? and Nicole - what??? No puppy name yet? How are you training him/her without using a name? LOL!! I'm sure you'll come up with a great name soon. I like the name Bella (white in Ukraine is Beela/ in Latin it's Blanco;bílá - in czech).

All this talk about insulating and the psychology behind our weight made me realize I'm not alone. I'm hovering at 170 -- not my all time high, but close enough. I know I need to eat right and exercise...plain and simple...but my mind has to be right and it's not right now. When I watch the Biggest Loser Show it only shows me again how important exercise is to the equation. Just Do It! I wake up each day with a plan of attack and by 10 AM I've usually blown it. ""You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher

I was reading a "Favorites" blog and ran across this video....from a book called "Such a pretty fat" - made me laugh and I think I need to get the book...humor and a good msg. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jnXfVPGfA. I just added her book to my Amazon shopping cart. Maybe if I take a lighter approach to weight loss, I'll succeed. Okay, I'm off to look for a weight loss challenge that will pay me big bucks...like on the Biggest Loser. Ping me if you know of one. OH - Jillian - you look fabulous too! And, for all of you freezing and snowbound...it is 70 degrees in Atlanta today. If it were sunny, I'd be out catching a few rays!

BarbaraB
12-18-2008, 03:53 PM
I hope Julie and Kim are having/had a great birthday

Erin, Food is the one addiction that it is impossible to truly go cold turkey with, so getting help is a good thing. LAWL is a good program for learning good habits, but I don't think it addresses the deep emotional problems that often are associated with weight gain. Some of the counselors were helpful, some were actually probably a little harmful. I have subscribed to Jillian Michaels from the biggest loser newsletter where she sends inpirational e-mails every day. She focuses a lot on the emotional side of eating, and I find what she says to be helpful.

Nicole, Lets see... how about Sugar, since your puppy is so sweet and white?
Sometimes it takes awhile to find a good name...

Katie, your kids are growing so fast, but still in the very cute an adorable stage.

Amy Lou, I need to get off my duff and back to exercising! I've used the snow for an excuse for too long. I know I will feel better for doing it. I keep promising myself to exercise more, drink more water, and less coffee and I'm kind of 0 for 3 on those accounts. So I've not got all the answers, except for you just start doing it and it gets easier to keep doing it.

erin1369
12-18-2008, 10:31 PM
Well I had an extremely bad day. I paid to have my car fixed on wednesday and today I was stranded again by the same problem. I called the shop to be told "too bad". I had a mental breakdown, cried uncontrollably and was overwhelmed with anger and despair. I don't have a car and cannot make my intake appt. tomorrow. Life has given me a curveball. Please Please next week remind me how badly I wanted to seek help today. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope to be able to deal with it better than I did today. Tonight dinner was replaced by a stiff drink....the worst solution I know, but it is what it is.

Sige
12-18-2008, 11:05 PM
Aw Erin, that is a sucky day!

Big hugs to you and I hope the car issue resolves itself. I'm sure you already told me, but where in BC are you?

Peggy

Mama Nicole
12-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning ladies and gent :) This is my kids' last day of school before they are off for two weeks. Heaven help us all. :lol:.

It seems the puppy will be called Fluffy. that is what we all keep coming back to.........it is not my fav....but it will do :)

Erin.....if I lived near you, I would give you a ride. Isn't there anyway you can get there ? You can surely go next week or whenever, and it will all be fine.......but if you can find a way, go for it. You won't regret it :)

Ok, let's all have a geat day. I just love Peggy's quote........:)
XOXO

Repo girl
12-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Nicole- Last day for my kids too. Uggghhh! At least my daycare is actually going to be really quiet for the next couple of weeks. I only have 5 kids today, and next week I will be even slower. Nice! Maybe I can get some gifts wrapped. I still need to finish making a few things too.

Erin- So sorry about your car. I hope things look up today!

Joni- That is my nephew Jack. Let me know if you like that book, I may have to order it too.

jewljz
12-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Nicole - I like the name Penelope, I don't know why it just looks like it fits...

JLem311
12-19-2008, 10:17 AM
hello everyone. i'm doing nothing today but relaxing and being lazy. although i did shower, so maybe not so lazy. ;) ha. i haven't even made coffee today, that's how lazy i'm being.
so...we're still debating with names. dh and i have narrowed it down to our top 5..and i really love them all. i think i'm gonna find a website and make a poll..so everyone can look at it and say yay or ney to the ones they like.

oh and it's snowing here again and it's gonna be blizzard-like again tomorrow. and i have errands to run today and i'm not doing them..and i should, because tomorrow is going to be so crappy. but oh well.

ok. i'll be back later!

JLem311
12-19-2008, 10:31 AM
here's a poll i made..hope the link works.

http://www.babyzone.com/babynames/bnpoll.asp?pollid=130310

amylou7777
12-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Morning friends!

Erin-breathe! I cannot imagine how frustrated you must feel. Those mechanics sound like a-holes. They should have been concerned about you and concerned about the work they did. Anywhere you can compain about them? You will find a way to make another intake appt. You can do this!

Nicole-Fluffy! I think it's cute. If you're anything like me, you'll have a thousand other names for the dog by the end of the year. I call my dog everything but his name most days! I hope you survive with the kiddies off school!

Peggy-I love your quote too! It really hits home. I'm amazed by your progress.

Jillian-oh pleaseplease share your top names! I LOVE hearing people's favorites. I love your other kids' names so I can't wait to hear what you come up with. Enjoy your lazy day!!

Katie-5 kids is a slow day!? Goodness, I don't know how you do it. I hope you do get some extra time to yourself.

Joni! So good to see your post. Let us know about that book.

Amy Jersey-I don't think any of us found your pics? I couldn't find a place to put in the event name. Let us know!

Hi Julie, Kristin!

My scale was the same this morning. I've been pretty good this week, but not POP all the way until yesterday. Tonight I'm babysitting DF's little niece. She is almost three and as cute as can be. I think we're going to make cookies tonight (for my office). So I'm hoping I have the strength to resist! I'm allowing myself 2 cookies just bc I know I wont be able to have zero. I think 2 is generous, so hopefully I will stick to that!

Yesterday I felt overwhelmed with work, the holidays, and focusing on eating better. I felt as though I could not manage to give my all to everything. So I decided to make myself mini goals for each thing. My mini goals for my "diet" were to get in 12 glasses of water (I usually get 10), make better veggies choices (usually just do lettuce all day) and logging ALL of my food, including my after dinner snack. Guess what? I did it and I totally felt in control.

Today my three mini goals are:

1. To only eat 2 cookies while baking this evening
2. To eat a wholesome, fiber filled lunch (no going out with co workers)
3. Move more at the office.

let's have a great weekend!

I hope that everyone has a great, great Friday!

amylou7777
12-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Jillian-I just voted!! I actually love 2 of the names. So maybe I'll vote again....

Hi Barbara-you are slacking on exercise!?! Please say it isn't so. You have a reputation to live up to-get back to it! ;)

JLem311
12-19-2008, 10:40 AM
amy--that's the name everyone keeps selecting as their fave! even my DD, Julia loves it! :)
btw--a tip for baking cookies--chew some gum or brush your teeth right before you start baking. it's a good way not to eat them or take tastes of the dough!

jewljz
12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Jillian - I like Penelope - just kidding! I just posted this awhile ago as an idea for nicole's puppy :) I'll put my vote in on your poll.

JLem311
12-19-2008, 11:14 AM
funny enough, Julie--we did have penelope on our original list! :)

Mama Nicole
12-19-2008, 11:42 AM
I love penelope :)

Sige
12-19-2008, 01:01 PM
Nicole...as someone who owns an 18 lb. cat named "Mowse" I think Fluffy is a grand name!

Jillian...I voted too...love Lucy!

Mama Nicole
12-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Peggy....:lol: we talked about naming her "kitty," cuz she is soft like a kitten and she prances around like a cat too.....:

BarbaraB
12-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Amylou, I did get up and get a little exercise today. I'd not done anything really since Saturday and that is a major lapse for me. If I only do it when there is snow on the ground here, I should be OK, as we normally get one day a year, and not this long week of snowy weather. It has just thrown my whole schedule off, as my DH has been taking me to work, so I leave earlier, which kind of throws my whole day off. My DD has been home on and off, although one can not pin her down since she has places to be and people to see, so that has been a source of stress and worry, as she has had to walk long distances to the bus, and she does need to get home every once in awhile to feed her bunny, pancakes. She slipped and fell on the icy hill outside of her condo, and I felt bad, but my DH is just angry... so anyway, it has not been a fun week of snowy weather for us, but a week of frustrating times. Oh well... I do have an elliptical trainer in my basement so my can't get to the gym excuse is lame. Also I've got plenty of workout DVDs that I could use... only it has been so tense driving home in the ice that my stomach aches when I get home and I just have to detox from all the stress.
I just am working from home today, as I just couldn't handle another scary ride down our hill in the ice. I know exercise is an anti-stress thing, but it is still something that I don't naturally gravitate towards.... I always feel good after I do it though. I need to start do things other than my spin class.

Nicole, Nothing wrong with the name Fluffy.

Erin, I hope today is a better day for you.

Jillian, my sister is a substitute teacher and she was in a class of 8th graders and she was taking role, and there was a girl named Regina, only my sister had just been up to Canada and they have a town up there that is pronounced in the female body part rhyming way, so my sister inadvertantly called the girl Regina, and the boys in the class could not get over it and I fear the girl may be scarred for life over the way the boys acted. My sister felt soo bad. So perhaps not Regina.... you live too close to Canada for that.

JerseyMadchen
12-19-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey guys!

Sorry about the link… here it is: www.efotolab.com. Then type Beach into Event Name on Left…

Joni- I read that book, such a pretty fat. It's pretty funny. An amusing read!

Jillian- I just voted… so cute!

Amylou- good thinking with the mini-goals. Sometimes looking at a number of pounds to lose such as 65 can be so overwhelming along with just life period! I may steal your idea…

dawn78
12-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Barbara - I was thinking the same thing about Regina!!

Jillian - I voted for Lucy also!

Dan2112
12-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Just a drive by checkin here...

May I just be the loan voice of dissent here and vote NO for "fluffy"... Imagine how much guff the pup will take from his friends when he's all grown up... Oh the horror...

Mama Nicole
12-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Dan.......:lol:.....you are killing me!!!!

JLem311
12-19-2008, 05:42 PM
thanks for the votes and imput everyone! :)
barbara--i was thinking that about the name regina, but still liked it so much that we have left it, but we will most likely not choose it.
ahhh! the choices!

Sige
12-19-2008, 06:14 PM
No good can come from naming your child "Regina". Haven't you seen the Seinfeld episode about the girl whose name rhymed with a *female body part*?

LOL

ktlindz
12-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Hi, sorry to post OT, but I'm a desperate lady right now! I posted on other threads and couldn't get a reply.

I started LAWL last month and was on the Express Plan, and my center closed. I had an appointment last Friday to get my Free To Live Plan and get measured (lost almost 20 lbs so far!) and they had closed. Can anyone help me obtain the Free To Live Plan?? I want so much to continue the diet!

Repo girl
12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
No good can come from naming your child "Regina". Haven't you seen the Seinfeld episode about the girl whose name rhymed with a *female body part*?

LOL

Haha, this is very true. Jillian, I would stear clear from the names "Bovary" and "Delores" as well.

Sige
12-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Holy cow...it hit -28 degrees here last night...Erin, hope you are nice & warm!

JLem311
12-20-2008, 05:58 PM
it's a blizzard here today! no travel is advised at all. so the kids didn't come over to help bake xmas cookies. boo. oh well. i got them all made and we're gonna frost and decorate them together on xmas eve. :) i also made some yummy weight watcher fudge too. and i got a nap in today.
and tomorrow i'm gonna make a huge batch of my spicy veggie lentil soup to freeze for dinners while DH is gone doing his 2wk solider stuff at the beginning of january.

hope everyone is having a good weekend. :)

Macomom
12-21-2008, 09:34 AM
Hello-
JerseyMadchen, thanks for your questions- I work for a software company, and I train people on how to use our software after they have purchased it. I deal mainly with people in PR and Corporate Communications.
I just had a huge victory which I posted under Mini Goals. I am so happy because I made it through a party without the mass gluttony I normally experience.
I am down a few more pounds after coming back from Seattle. Admittedly, I was surprised because the airport is often killer to find good food. I made a decision this time, and stuck in out, and though I paid a fortune for it- I lived on salads and fruit and protein. This is made more amazing by the fact that I flew overnights and really could not string two brain cells together to assist in any kind of strategy..
Since getting my new job, I gained 20 lbs. My first real weight loss goal is to get this off, so I can start back where I was... I kind of feel like I am in detention right now, losing the same 20lbs that come on everytime I get a new job and feel insecure, frightened or on my toes.
Thanks for listening.

Sige
12-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, we woke up to a Winter Wonderland this morning...absolutely beautiful!! I think we'll take the dogs for a walk...Happy Winter Solstice everyone!!

Repo girl
12-21-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks Peggy! We burned our Yule log last night. It was so neat out in the snow with our fire burning.