Exercise! - Anyone have a Wii Fit?

View Full Version : Anyone have a Wii Fit?

Skinny4baby
12-15-2008, 02:02 AM
What is your favorite exercise you do with it? How many exercises comes with it? I am so not techno savy...but I am looking for anything to keep me motivated?;) Is it worth the $$ ??

MrsLovett
12-19-2008, 02:53 PM
I do and I absolutely love it! Totally worth the money! I haven't tried the boxing (little afraid to :o ) But I've heard that it's a very good workout on the Wii Fit. Looking forward to trying it! I just love the hula hooping and penguin slide (seeing my character as a penguin makes my niece happy!)

MrsLovett

Vahla
12-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I bought one ast christmas and I love it, the boxing is fun too, one of my favourites. I'm glad I bought it, much fun!

FluffyGirl79
12-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I love my wii fit! haven't used it as much as I would like to....but hopefully I will find more time here soon!!

cartp
12-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Love mine
Got "My Fitness Coach " for myself for Christmas.
I am SOOOO sore and I only used it 15 minutes.
I say anything that gets you moving is a good thing!

2ndChance09
12-27-2008, 02:57 AM
I really want one!! How much do they cost?!

TJFitnessDiva
12-27-2008, 09:15 AM
I got one for Christmas and love it! I had my doubts but it has left me a little sore after two days of it lol

Cindy_Gail
12-27-2008, 09:24 AM
I have heard good things about it too. I am interested in knowing the cost.
Thanks.

Jniniffer
12-27-2008, 09:50 PM
I love my Wii Fit!! They are really hard to fine here though... the price ranges from $100 to $150, but you also need the Wii console as well which is about $269.99 (canadian pricing)

CountingDown
12-27-2008, 10:16 PM
I really like the yoga and the games. Ski jumping and boxing are really fun! I'm still mastering penguin slide - though I agree - seeing myself as a penguin is a hoot!

It is more of a workout than I thought it would be, and overall - I'm loving the wii and the wii fit!

chunckymonkey
12-27-2008, 10:37 PM
The Wii Fit Board is really cool - when you first sign on - you will get your Body Mass Index, Weight, and Your Actual Age rather than you biological age. The scale is amazingly accurate and with every sign on - you have the option of receiving fitness tips. The board comes with several games. When you accomplish or excel any of those - you receive upgrades (or something similiar - I have reached a couple of those but have yet to open them). The system will ask how much weight you want to lose and actually track it for you with a graph. This may sound intimidating but it isn't - it's all about you and you and the board are the only ones who will know - when you reach your goal - it's truly great to see! I hear the snow boarding game is good and there have been mixed reviews on the Jillian Michaels game for the board. If you don't already own the wii, go to toys r us.com or walmartl.com and look for the bundle - you should be able to get a good deal - the board alone runs about $90. Hope you get for you won't be disappointed!:goodluck:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but3/lb/210/135/176/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Athendta
12-28-2008, 07:27 AM
Anyone know what the weight limit on the board is, lol. I know my scale has a weight limit of 440, and it was really hard to find a scale that strong.

ginny
12-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Anyone know what the weight limit on the board is, lol. I know my scale has a weight limit of 440, and it was really hard to find a scale that strong.

I've read 300 pds and 330 pds. I got it this christmas and i LOVE it! It's just fun. And some of the activities don't seem like they are doing much at the time but I'm really feeling it today (ouch). I got the sports pack too (came with the Wii) and even those ... I had to turn down the apartment heat when we tried boxing.
Just make sure you are using your wrist strap!

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/

(site detailing user submitted damage done by wii remotes)

TheTinGirl
12-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Glad I saw this post...
I got my wii fit for Christmas and it says I weigh a lot less then the gym's scale does. We're talking a difference of 15ish pounds...

Anyone else get this?

Lilly
12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
I have the wii fit also and at first I loved it. But I've grown very bored with it and haven't touched it in at least 2 months. The boxing was my fav. and the hula hooping was fun too. They did make me sore at first. Over all it is worth it. I'm just one of those people that gets bored VERY fast and nothing holds my attention for long, lol.

Andi18
12-28-2008, 10:32 PM
I also have the Wii Fit and like Lilly, I got bored of it after a couple of months. I have since started using it again though and will be using it more now that my son and husband gave me Jillian Michaels Ultimatum 2009 which incorporates the Wii Fit board.

Athendta
12-28-2008, 11:49 PM
Glad I saw this post...
I got my wii fit for Christmas and it says I weigh a lot less then the gym's scale does. We're talking a difference of 15ish pounds...

Anyone else get this?

Are you using the Wii Fit on carpet? I know that throws off my regular scale, so I have to use it on the hardwood floors.

TheTinGirl
12-29-2008, 12:00 PM
Yes...I am. Hmm I wonder if that's it then. Carpet seems to be a curse...it's definitely not friendly with my new puppy, it's that horrid light pink (We just got in to this new place and haven't funded redecorating yet) and now it's throwing my wii off. I think it's time to tell the hubby to rip it out with some new hardwood floors. :D

janal14
12-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I just got one today...haven't hooked it up yet, but I am so excited to get to use it!

Bobbolink
12-30-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm a tech ignoramis too, do you need to use these on hardwood floors? I see ebay has many of them, I would like to purchase one just for exercising. Is there something special I should buy or does it come with an exercising program. We purchased one for our grandsons and they have a hard time staying away for it. I do not know what to buy, please help me.

Cheree
12-30-2008, 01:38 PM
I got a Wii Fit last April on Amazon for $89. You might sign up to get alerts when it's back in stock. I also got the Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009 that uses the Wii Fit, but I haven't tried it yet (it hasn't gotten great reviews on Amazon). Although I don't have it, My Fitness Coach is getting great reviews (it came out in Dec.).

The cost of the Wii is $249 and then the Wii Fit is approx. $89 (depending on where you get it). Then if you want to get other programs to use with the board, the $36.99 and My Fitness Coach is currently selling for $27.99 on Amazon. If I had it to do over again, I would get the My Fitness Coach instead of the Jillian Michaels one...but, you don't need to get either of those really. The Wii Fit comes with a great program. :carrot:

Kat311
12-30-2008, 04:31 PM
I got my Wii Fit for Christmas too and I absolutely adore it! I've been putting in about 30 min. or more day on the program.

As for buying it, we got a great deal through target.com, it went on sale in Nov. with the Wii Fit bundle, the Wii, and a yoga mat/board carrying bag for a little over 300. In my opinion it's definitely worth it. I also got My Fitness Coach to go with it, I haven't tried it yet, but from what it says you don't need to have the balance board to work that one.

est1991
12-30-2008, 07:11 PM
hey, i'm kinda new here, but i just tryed my wii fit today and i love it. it's so fun and it's a great way to track my weight. it's a lot more accurate than the scale in my brothers room. and all of the aerobics things are really fun to do and you can feel it if you do it long enough.

CountingDown
12-30-2008, 07:59 PM
My wii fit weight is accurate on carpet - but read the instructions. There are extra feet that come with it that must be used if you put it on a carpeted surface.

Kelly530
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM
We have had our Wii for a couple years, and just got the Wii Fit and Jillian Michaels game. I started out thinking that the Wii Fit was not much of a workout compared to all the DVD's I have been doing for the last year, but the more minutes you complete, the more challenging games open up, and they are tougher. I really like the step aerobics and the advanced step. The balance activities are fun, but I don't necessarily feel like I get much of a workout from them. I haven't gotten into the Jillian game much, but my friend and I noticed you have to do it for a while on the "Light activity" mode for it to unlock more difficult stuff. I also found Jillian much easier to do without using the Balance Board, even though it is compatible, you don't have to use it.

amber961
01-02-2009, 09:10 AM
I love my Wii fit. The Wii was the family gift and the Wii fit was from my hubby to me. I was so thrilled he could find one! The Wii systems are about $300 here and the Wii fits are about $90. I will be getting the Personal Trainer game for my bday this month, but the workouts that came with the Fit are challenging enough for us right now. I love the fact that you take a body test each day and it tracks your progress. I also love that the more time you spend on it, the more workouts and activities you can unlock. The balance games don't seem like much at first, but I can definitely feel muscles I have not been used to using the next morning.

Bobbolink
01-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks for all the great advice, now please tell me exactly what to buy. I see ebay has lots of them but I don't have a clue exactly what to order. Please give me step by step name of Wii and what programs go with it. Or does the Wii Fit have everything I need?

amber961
01-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for all the great advice, now please tell me exactly what to buy. I see ebay has lots of them but I don't have a clue exactly what to order. Please give me step by step name of Wii and what programs go with it. Or does the Wii Fit have everything I need?

You will need a Wii console (usually comes with a disk of games, cost around $300), the Wii Fit (comes with the wii fit board and the wii fit disk-has the exercises on it, cost around $90,) and then you can look at other items if you want to. If you have a local Best Buy, head there to take a look and check the prices. Our Best Buy here beats the prices at even Walmart and Target. If you want get something that will challenge you more, you can get the My Personal Trainer disk costs around $30. All of the wii game disks look like dvds.

Bobbolink
01-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Amber...........Bless you! That's exactly the kind of information I needed. We don't have a best buy and our local Wal*Mart is sold out. I thought I'd look on Amazon or ebay. Ebay has a zillion of them but I didn't know what to look for or buy. Thank you so much, I wrote down the information you gave and will now know what to look for. Another question: someone said they don't work so well on carpet, is that true? We would have no choice but to hook it up on carpet unless I put it in the basement where we only have a small screen t.v. with rabbit ears only. Please advise and thanks again.

amber961
01-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Amber...........Bless you! That's exactly the kind of information I needed. We don't have a best buy and our local Wal*Mart is sold out. I thought I'd look on Amazon or ebay. Ebay has a zillion of them but I didn't know what to look for or buy. Thank you so much, I wrote down the information you gave and will now know what to look for. Another question: someone said they don't work so well on carpet, is that true? We would have no choice but to hook it up on carpet unless I put it in the basement where we only have a small screen t.v. with rabbit ears only. Please advise and thanks again.

You can use it on carpet. The Wii fit does come with these little platforms that you attach to the bottom of it for using it on carpet.