Old 12-15-2008, 01:34 AM   #1  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Default My clothes fit

For so long I've been wearing clothes that are too tight on me. I have this problem with buying clothing a little too small as encouragement to lose some weight but I haven't really successfully lost any weight in more than 2 years.

Since moving here in August, I've lost about 12.5 lbs. It's peanuts compared to a lot of you (and I'm insanely jealous of all of you!) but in the last couple weeks I've noticed my clothes are actually fitting me.

When I was coming over here, I was wondering which of my pants would be the least tight and uncomfortable on the plane. I ended up wearing leggings and a size XL dress and changing after I landed. Now not a single pair of pants of mine doesn't fit. They are getting looser and I'm confused as to whether this means they don't fit (too big) or if looser means it actually FITS. ... my pants have been tight for so long I can't remember what it feels like to have something fit properly.

Of course, I can't wait for these clothes to be officially too big and to graduate to my suitcase of size smaller clothes I brought with but for now... it really does feel nice to actually feel comfortable in what I'm wearing.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:14 AM   #2  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

yay way to go! 4 me when i change clothes over is when there falling off and n a belt dont work. lol keep up the great work
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 06:09 AM   #3  
Lazy runner deluxe

S/C/G: 168/142/142

Height: 169 cm / 5'7''

That's so great! I've worn too-tight clothes for quite long, and moved on to fitting clothes about 6 months before I started losing. Which means that I have a half wardrobe full of too-large clothes now. Oh well. I love the feeling that something fits. For me, I look at different things... how the item feels on my body (tight, or loose, and it also depends on the model, some items are supposed to be quite loose or tight). Uncomfortably tight is definitely a no-no. When it makes me look larger than I am it is too loose (this is especially the case with shirts). With pants... being unable to belt them without making a fold somewhere in the waistband is way too large and it means that I won't wear them any more. They fit when they feel nice on my body, without muffin tops. And bras are too large when they start poking me in the armpits. Or when my breasts are swimming in their cups .
Elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

That's a fabulous feeling! You'll eventually find that you get very picky about fit! It is so worth it Congratulations!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:52 AM   #5  
Pure American Metal

S/C/G: 245/see ticker/145

Height: 5 ft 7.5 in

Yay! That's so awesome and the best feeling in the world. I can't wait to be where you are.

For a while I worked in a retail clothing store and bought new clothes all the time but I was in total denial so I never bought sizes that actually fit me. Therefore I have a whole closet full of clothes that have the tags still on them. I was such a dork.
TXJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:20 PM   #6  
~*one step at a time*~

S/C/G: 181/176.5/140

Height: 5`3"

That's great!! That is a huge motivator for me to start losing this weight again, none of my jeans are fitting at all! i can wear them, but they are uncomfortably tight and I feel my gut straining in them, and i'm totally concious of it. I cant wait to feel that again!
Hellsangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #7  
Joggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXJess View Post
Yay! That's so awesome and the best feeling in the world. I can't wait to be where you are.

For a while I worked in a retail clothing store and bought new clothes all the time but I was in total denial so I never bought sizes that actually fit me. Therefore I have a whole closet full of clothes that have the tags still on them. I was such a dork.
TXJess, I still am the same way... I went through many years of buying "goal clothes" (and just gaining more weight)... even though some of them might be 4-5 years out of season, I still consider them to be the height of style, probably because it means I will be a skinny minnie when they finally fit.

I brought two big suitcases with me to Korea, one of clothes that mostly fit now (the tight ones) and another of things that are definitely too small. I thought living in another country would mean automatic weight loss.. it didn't. It means working HARD to even lose the little weight I have lost. Anyways, I was told that it's difficult to find above a size 8 here so I have a whole bunch of 8s, 10s, 12s, and 14s in a large suitcase waiting for me. A couple weeks ago I attempted to try on everything and reorganized them from what's the closest to fitting to what's the farthest. My items that are closest to fitting are sitting on a shelf in the closet so I can see them everyday... If I lose more inches next week (I'm at -9.5) I'll try them on again.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It is a good feeling. I remember two weekends ago playing Wii with my boyfriend in a pair of pants and a t-shirt and nothing felt tight and I.... felt skinny! Of course, I still feel like I don't look skinny and I certainly can't SEE any physical difference.
Old 12-19-2008, 04:47 AM   #8  
Joggernaut

So I really fell off the wagon a bit but haven't gained anything back. I decided to try on the clothes that all were closest to fitting this morning. Everything fit much better than they did 3 weeks ago! I would say they fit though my boyfriend says they are still a little tight. ... see, I've worn too-tight clothes for so long, I think tight is how things are supposed to fit. Anyways, I decided to wear the pants today just to feel skinny. The waist was a little tight but otherwise they fit fine to me. It was really motivating. .. it made me remember that this is why I want to be losing weight... to be wearing these smaller clothes and to FEEL thin.

Anyways, so those pants are going into the regular clothes rotation. The shirts will wait a couple more weeks and hopefully the inches will be gone.

And I can pull out my next batch of clothes to work towards!
Old 12-19-2008, 05:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 181/145/135

Height: 5' 6"

You are doing great!!!!! Isn't it amazing what moving to another country will do for you? I tried to get rid of my weight for the past 4 years with little to no luck. Since moving to China, I've lost 35 pounds. I had to have my parents bring all my old "skinny" clothes when they came to visit in October. It's the most empowering feeling I can describe. Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!! This is your life. Make it the best you can. I'm proud of you.
pinkplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Default Well...

First off, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, the best way to tell if pants fit properly or not is to stand with your feet together and look in a mirror. The waistband shouldn't be smooshing out any lovehandles, and you should be able to slip a finger between you and the waist band comfortably. If the front falls forward, the crotch bunches up and the tummy area poofs out, they're too big.

If you're an hourglass like me, that method is a little unreliable, but if the waist band of your pants is halfway down your bum every time you start walking, they're too big. LoL.

Last edited by NishKitten; 12-19-2008 at 07:49 AM.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #11  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Yahoooo!
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

If you get horizontal wrinkles radiating out from the crotch, or pocket openins won't lay flat, they're too tight.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:39 PM   #13  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I wish I had the clothes rotation to keep me motivated. I am kind of silly and got rid of most of my too small clothes because they took up a whole closet worth of space, space that we just don't have. So i gave them away- and now that I'm losing weight I have to buy all new clothes and I don't like shopping for things when I don't even know what size to get. haha!

Congrats on your loss, keep going!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 177/173/149

Good for you! Can't wait for that feeling...
emilychristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #15  
Joggernaut

Thanks everyone! These particular pants are maybe still too small, they are work type pants that have a little bit of spandex in them for stretch--except in the waist, hence where they are tight. But I can just wear them with a bigger shirt and it's really not noticeable... and it's not like my gut is exploding over the top, but there's just a little titch of a muffin top.. so yeah, no body-hugging tops with it.

Nish, I AM an hourglass... well, I'm a pear, but when it comes to pants, might as well be hourglass... generally much smaller at my waist than hips. Though as my other pants are becoming baggier, it seems to be all over--hips, thighs and waist, which is nice. Last time I lost weight I pretty much lost everything from my top half and THEN the bottom started moving. I got to a size small shirt and was still wearing XL pants. Not cute.