Weight Loss Support - Staying on plan while sick

View Full Version : Staying on plan while sick

NightengaleShane
12-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I was really happy knowing that in January, I will have maintained 50 pounds lost...

...almost.

I've been having a series of illnesses lately. The drastically fluctuating climate (40 one day, 70 the next, 30, 50, who knows!!) mixed with the colds/bugs going around everywhere is really doing a number on my health.

When I'm sick, I feel incapicatated. I feel like someone or something just took the life out of me. All I want to do is sleep. I have been exercising little bits here and there, but for the most part, working out makes me feel worse. My eating has not been 100% on plan because I am trying to just eat things that make me feel better. Then, I find that food in GENERAL makes me feel better :lol:

Does anyone else struggle with staying on plan while sick? Does anyone have any good advice? Is anyone else sick right now and just wanting to rant? ;) Go for it.

mescelestus
12-14-2008, 07:54 PM
I have been struggling with my hormones lately because my incompetant gyn decided i needed a birth control pill with a higher dosage of hormones when i have been taking the low dose ones for two years at 50 pounds heavier than i am now. So i started taking the high dose pills a couple weeks ago, and they made me feel like poo...and i gained 6lbs in one weekend (which i assume was water weight). On tuesday i decided to stop taking them...so now i have a vicious hormonally imbalanced period, and a throat infection because my immune system is compromised. My point is that i ate pizza last night because i was too weak to do anything else...do i def. feel your pain.

JayEll
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
Hey Shane! :hug: :hug:

When sick I try to concentrate on good nutrition, and on protein. So, yeah, chicken soup is definitely in! And if your throat is sore, some fruit juice based ice pops aren't bad--not highly caloric. I tend to stay away from milk products if it's a cold or flu because they make me stuff up worse. Same is true for orange juice, oddly.

When you're sick isn't the time to worry about exercise, although some light activity may help--like going for a short walk if it's not too cold and rainy out. But if you don't feel like it, don't!

Mostly it's a time to lay low and give your body some nutrition to work with so you can get better. Being sick is hard on your bod!

:hug: get well soon!

Jay

SBD Sass
12-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Let's see...I've been sick for two weeks now and I've eaten Jamaican food, McDonald's twice, Taco Bell, Pizza, Italian cheeseburger, Dunkin Donuts...it's a struggle. Tomorrow, I hope to feel better. I haven't felt like cooking or going food shopping. That drive thru has been my friendly enemy...I'm done now. Time to get back on track. I can't lose these last 5lbs to save my life. Frustrating.

zeffryn
12-14-2008, 09:43 PM
hrm....when I'm sick, I don't feel like eating anything.

Remember that food isn't going to do anything but make you feel better emotionally...a big mac isn't going to boost your immune system and get rid of those bugs, in fact, a healthy diet will do more for your immune system than crappy food.

I find that when I'm sick, taking my vitamins really helps. I take my daily vitamins, plus drink Emergen-C and take extra zinc and b-vitamins. They give me energy which drives me to not just go to crappy convenience foods.

Feel better!

gymlee
12-15-2008, 08:35 PM
I'm kinda sick right now too. Not to be gross but I ended up violently throwing up today :barf: and I'm not sure if it was because of something I ate and got food poisoning. I did end up throwing up the way I did 2 hours following eating a pre-packaged salad from the rest stop sbarros where I will be working. If that is the case it's not a good indication of good food handling practices going on in the kitchen and I'm not so sure about how I feel about continuing to work there. :eek: Yikes! Luckily I'm just supposed to work out on the floor cashiering.

It's either that or it's strep throat. I had my mom check the back of my throat and she said there is some yucky stuff back there. In my experience I've had episodes of violently throwning up from strep too. So right now I'm just gonna give it til morning to see if anything resolves or I may be trucking myself off to the doctor. Booo. No fun. I try to avoid it as much as possible because doctors just love to load you up on meds which I'm not a huge fan of seeing as I take enough on a daily basis. But if it is strep I just may have to go and get antibiotics because one of the last time I let it go it ended up getting worse and I had scarlet fever. Random I know. When I told most people they were like "I thought that was erradicated?" and I said "Well evidently not if I have it" haha. I love my life??? :rolleyes:

Hope everyone who's feeling sick feels better soon!!!

kelly315
12-15-2008, 09:50 PM
chicken soup makes everyone feel better when they're sick, right? Plus, there's a lot worse things you could eat while your sick- all the liquid will help fill you up. I drink diet sprite when I have a cold too- there's lots of carbonation, so it helps clear you up a bit, and fill you up.

Shannon in ATL
12-16-2008, 11:51 AM
I've been sick off and on for the last six weeks... Really bad for about three weeks, just general crud, congestion, tired, irritable for the last three. I didn't feel like staying on plan either - I only went over calories a few days, but even on days within calorie limits I have found myself eating as much as 20% of my daily total in sugary coffee, candy, dessert, junk foody crap. I stopped weight training, I slacked on the exercise. I started seeing the 'squishier around the middle' results about a week and a half ago. Started weight training again last Monday, so coming back up. Slowly. Now I just have to kick the food back to the curb...

I found during the worst part of the sick that small amounts of light yoga or slow cycling on the stationary bike for just a few minutes helped to stretch out my stiff muscles. Other than that, I didn't exercise much during the worst of it. Once I started to get better I've worked on bringing that back up.

Take care of yourself, recover fully, then get back up and around after the first of the year. You have worked really hard this year, a little recovery time isn't going to undo all of that! :)

Smiling_Sara
12-16-2008, 12:19 PM
I struggle very much while being sick. I want comfort food when I'm sick. I drink juice which is high in calories. I want ice cream to sooth my sore throat.

I hope you feel better soon!!

junebug41
12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
hrm....when I'm sick, I don't feel like eating anything.

Remember that food isn't going to do anything but make you feel better emotionally...a big mac isn't going to boost your immune system and get rid of those bugs, in fact, a healthy diet will do more for your immune system than crappy food.

I find that when I'm sick, taking my vitamins really helps. I take my daily vitamins, plus drink Emergen-C and take extra zinc and b-vitamins. They give me energy which drives me to not just go to crappy convenience foods.

Feel better!

Words to live by!

I am sicker than I have been in quite sometime (nasty cold going around) and while I can't workout a lot, I can continue to eat well to take care of myself.

I spent Sunday eating just about everything I could get my hands on (casserole, sesame sticks, christmas candy) just trying to feel better before I realized it was making me feel worse. When Monday morning rolled around I got back on my plan and made a "sick soup", and am feeling much better.

It's easy to take to bed with whatever comfort food you can get, but taking the steps to do right by your body will get you up and running much sooner.

And I second the vitamins and Emergen-C. Whoever invented that deserves a Nobel Prize.

evilwomaniamshe
12-16-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey Night,
Just Sending Some Healthy Vibes Your Way! Sounds Like Your Body Needs Rest, So Give It Rest & Some Tlc. Comfort Foods Like Chicken Soup With A Side Of Chocolate Help Me When I Feel Like I Was Run Over By A Mac Truck!

You'll Bounce Back To Your Routine & Healthier Ways When You Feel Better & Stronger. No Worries Chicka, I Doubt You'll Do Much Permanent Damage. I Heard A Lot Of Mono Is Going Around, Hope You Don't Have That?
Take Care & Hope Your Bug Free Soon....

Shannon in ATL
12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
be careful doing a lot of Emergen-C in one day - I overdid it and had some uncomfortable tummy side effects... :(

NightengaleShane
12-17-2008, 08:27 AM
DUDE! Wendalyn, I think I might have mono. I have all the symptoms and have experienced extreme fatigue for quite some time. I understand that is the first thing. I have swollen glands, a whopping cough, and now, no voice. I'm definitely not coming into work today.

I am seeing the doctor today to find out for sure. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired... but EXCITED at the thought of feeling better!

And oh... Shannon... I know all about the side effects of too much EmergenC. Been there, done that. :lol:

NightengaleShane
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Update: I don't have mono. Strangely enough, I just have a yeast infection in my throat. My lungs are perfectly clear and everything else is fine. My voice is almost back and I think I will probably be able to start exercising again (in a hardcore sort of way - I am doing a little bit of cardio here and there, but I normally do much more) tomorrow or Saturday. :D

Hellsangel
12-18-2008, 01:57 PM
YES!! It's such a struggle..that's how I regained all this weight to begin with..if that's enough to scare you to eat healthy LOL. I lost 33lbs and was still going about five years ago and I got sick with a sinus infection, a bad one, for about a month. Couldn't shake it. Working out was not an option for the reasons you said yourself, and I was too sick to care what I ate..I probably would have been fine had I gotten right back on the horse when I felt better but "tomorrow" turned into "next week" and then it was "never..." :lol: Don't beat yourself up too much! Just don't go too crazy and make sure to be good again when you feel better! Sorry you're so sick! I keep waitin to get hit by those nasty bugs floating around..

evilwomaniamshe
12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
ewe, so you got thrush then, yikes! A lot of babies get that. Are you diabetic or suffer from asthma? Both of these can make thrush even worse and sugar thrives on yeast! Hopefully it will be gone soon and glad its not mono. BE WELL Night and ease into your routine.... Have yourself a holly jolly & may the new year bring you a new someone!

Shannon in ATL
12-18-2008, 02:32 PM
Good no mono, ick on the thrush! Glad it is almost over for you...

And I second the holiday & new someone wishes. It is tough ending a relationship over the holidays. Hope it goes okay living next door, you must be more mature than I am! :)

NightengaleShane
12-18-2008, 02:38 PM
ewe, so you got thrush then, yikes! A lot of babies get that. Are you diabetic or suffer from asthma? Both of these can make thrush even worse and sugar thrives on yeast! Hopefully it will be gone soon and glad its not mono. BE WELL Night and ease into your routine.... Have yourself a holly jolly & may the new year bring you a new someone!

Yeah, I've been a type 1 diabetic since I was 16. No asthma, though -- I had that as a kid, but luckily I outgrew it. I'm sort of surprised you knew the connection between diabetes and yeast infections... haha... most people who don't have it don't know about it.

I have more of a voice today than I did yesterday. My boss said he wouldn't make me talk on the phone much today, which is great, because I think using my voice when it first started going away is what made it worse.

As for a new someone... I think I am just happy to be alone. The new year will hopefully bring me continued business success :D - I'm just going to focus on my own personal goals and doing everything I wanted to do now that I have no one to answer to. Now THAT is EXCITING :D

Hellsangel - yeah, I realized yesterday that I should stop beating myself up so much over this! As for you... well... hopefully you aren't STILL sick, are ya? ;)

Shannon in ATL
12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
As for a new someone... I think I am just happy to be alone. The new year will hopefully bring me continued business success :D - I'm just going to focus on my own personal goals and doing everything I wanted to do now that I have no one to answer to. Now THAT is EXCITING :D

That does sound exciting, put that way! :)

So, I haven't posted this anywhere else I don't think, but I love your 'wanna to be Superwoman' line and your pics. For real - Every time I'm doing crunches or ab work, or recently when I've added back in strength training, I think to myself "I want to be an action here, like Shane. I can do it, too!" Funny the things that stick with us and inspire us. So, I should thank you for that! :)

NightengaleShane
12-18-2008, 02:52 PM
:o :o :o Awwwwwwwwww, thank you! :o :o :o :D I am SO flattered. I seriously want to jump up and down! That is one of the nicest things I have heard all week... month, even! Thank you for that :) And you CAN DO ITTTT :D I am sure you already look fabulous.

Hellsangel
12-18-2008, 05:52 PM
First you do look pretty damn great!!! I had checked out your before and afters and you look amazing!! As for being still sick..nah just had been lazy I guess. I had started at 192, went to 157ish..that's when I got sick. I was pretty comfy back in my size 10's at that point..then i floated back up to the high 180's...went on another weight loss kick got down to low 170's..maintained there for awhile then crept back up to 186ish. I had done alot better about fast food for the last couple months so on that alone I went to 181. Last week I joined here, and am doing this yet AGAIN..for good this time :D I attribute the successful weightloss before that sinus infection to the support board i was on at the time. I think that played a huge part in keeping me motivated. So I'm here...and ready to rock!! It's been a week since last thurs, and as of monday i was down to 178.5, but in my rush to get out of the house this morning i forgot to weigh in again :lol: We'll see what I'm at tomorrow mornin!

NightengaleShane
12-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Yeah Hellsangel, we are all rootin' for ya here :D Illnesses can definitely hold you back from losing weight, but now that you're healthy, you have no excuses for now :)

I seriously think I would never have lost my weight if it wasn't for this forum. Really. Everyone here is so supportive and since there are so many people, it's always active here. It's amazing to know there are hundreds... possibly thousands... of people on one forum who are going through the exact same things you're going through.

I also think you should get yourself one of those weight loss tickers. I always got SO excited every time I was able to change mine. :) And it helps to post in (or start) weekly weigh-in threads to keep yourself accountable along with everyone else.

gymlee
12-18-2008, 08:23 PM
My update: thankfully no food poisoning but I may have the beginnings of strep. Couldn't get into see my doc (long story) but I have a family friend who is a doctor and said that my tonsils are swollen and irritated but no puss on them and as long as I don't have a fever or other signs of major infection that she would like for me to try and fight it off the old fashion way. Lots of chicken soup for me. And on top of this it's my TOM, which is kind of exciting because it's the first time in 6 months, but I'm feeling extra icky. :(

Hellsangel
12-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Gymlee I'm sorry you're sick but hopefully you will start feeling better soon! :hug:

Shane :lol: I know no more excuses! I totally agree and I really think being here at 3FC will make a world of difference. You all are so inspiring! As for the ticker, I can't wait to get one, I tried but I can't have sigs and such until I've been a member at least 20 days and have reached the minimum number of posts..whatever that is. I'm looking forward to being able to see that! I'm sure I will start posting in the weekly challenges/weigh-ins and such, for the last few days I've just been trying to get to know people a little, give support and feel my way around so to speak. I'm one of the new kids on the block..gotta get comfy :bike:

gymlee
12-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Hellsangel Thanks for the kind words and :hug: I'm finding it hard to even keep my head up let alone eat enough sometimes. I'll either not want to eat at all or I'll start to feel better and want to eat all kinds of high cal high fat foods because my body feel like it's starving. And to make matters worse, today my throat started feeling worse so it's making me not watn to put anything past it.

evilwomaniamshe
12-18-2008, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=NightengaleShane;2503097]I'm sort of surprised you knew the connection between diabetes and yeast infections... haha... most people who don't have it don't know about it.

Night,
I'm bright like a lightbulb, I know a thing or two....:)
feel better.

Glad to hear you'll be happy on your own.

Hellsangel
12-19-2008, 07:37 PM
:lol: I only know about the connection because my friend is an insulin dependent diabetic. I know how the blood sugar affected her highs and lows bigtime.

gymlee- I hope you're feeling better today!!

NightengaleShane
12-19-2008, 10:26 PM
:hug: gymlee, I hope you are feeling better today! :) I totally understand that feeling of wanting to stuff your face with high-cal, high-fat foods after hardly eating anything all day, too. I've been like that quite a bit. I'll be craving everything unhealthy because my body will be ravenous. I hope you don't have strep... but if you do, it usually goes away pretty quickly, no? I've never gotten strep (every time I have a sore throat or it's hard to swallow, I get paranoid, though!) but my little sister did once and it went away in two or three days with some medicine. You may have tonsilitus. That, of course, can be cured the old fashioned way.

Hellsangel: Pull up an easy chair (or an ab lounge if you're inspired ;)) and get comfy here any time! BTW, I have always liked your username. It reminds me of... bikers... or something. I can just imagine a bunch of really hot dudes and chicks riding up in skull caps and leather jackets with "****'s Angels" written on the back in a cool font with flames.

Highs and lows... yeah... EVERYTHING affects the blood sugar, seriously... changes in climate/temperature, stress, changes in altitude, sudden changes in diet (even when taking proper amounts of insulin to make up for it), changes in daily routine, and it's excessively difficult to control when sick, 'cause apparently illnesses and blood sugars have minds of their own... ARGH! Oh well. At least it's pretty manageable as far as chronic illnesses go ;)

Hellsangel
12-19-2008, 11:01 PM
:rofl: i can see the biker gang now :D I actually thought it was fitting because i'm a good girl..with a definite naughty streak LOL. a nice balance you could say ;)

I totally sympathize with the blood sugar fluctuations...I watched my friend go through some pretty messed up highs and lows because of it, and she would sometimes take ginormous amounts of insulin and still be really sick. Work was giving her a hard time due to absences when she couldn't get it under control even though she had FMLA filled out by her endocrinologist. Has the weightloss helped at all?

gymlee
12-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks Nightengaleshane and Hellsangel I'm doing about the same today. My throat is still sore and its hard to swallow but that didn't stop me just now from eating like 3 100 cal packs of cookies and moving on to cookie dough because apparently the chips-a-hoy 100 cal packs weren't enough. :?: I guess I won't be using the cookie dough to bake those cookies for christmas anymore. And on top of that my chicken soup is all done too. :( It's been a rough day feeling gross still and my dog chewing the crap out of my cell phone and damaging it. But on the positive side I lost 3 pounds this week despite being sick. I guess that's something to smile about. :halffull:

NightengaleShane
12-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Hellsangel - I was a "good girl" when I was younger and became a "bad girl" after I got tired of being a good girl. Now, I'm actually more like a good girl who looks like a bad girl. I think the piercings, tattoos, and the hair (which is actually growing out at the moment) throws everybody off. I get guys coming up to me and saying, "I bet you're a FREAK!" and, "Are you a BAD girl?" quite a bit :lol: It's really ridiculous, but "I wonder what else you have pierced ;) :devil:" is just as bad. BTW, is that your eye in the avatar? If so, it's beautiful. If not, ignore the compliment :p

The weight loss, ironically, has increased my blood sugar fluctuations. However, it has drastically decreased my insulin requirements, partially due to the fact there is "less" of me and mostly due to the fact that I'm incredibly active. But I struggle with lows a lot more now (sometimes, it hits me out of nowhere, and that didn't happen as much while overweight). I was actually thin before I was fat... and for awhile, I hardly took care of my diabetes at all. (Keeping my blood sugars high was an easy way to stay skinny :devil:) When I did, I started fiercely packing on the weight (along with a gazillion other reasons, though -- y'know, like, "OOOH! I LOVE FOOD!";))
Is your friend overweight?

Gymlee - :woohoo: 3 pounds lost! That is one thing to be happy about -- always good to look on the bright side, eh? 100 calorie packs are EEEEEEVIL. I could never buy a box of them because I'd probably end up eating the entire box in one sitting :hungry:
Oh... wait... they have cookie dough 100 calorie packs? WHERE would THOSE happen to be? *looks around *

figureskater546
12-20-2008, 08:58 AM
I don't know what kind of plan you're on, but I always keep a supply of chicken noodle soup, 7up, and saltine crackers handy for when I get sick. Makes me feel better, just like when I was little, and its certainly not calorie heavy. Hope you feel better soon!

Hellsangel
12-20-2008, 12:07 PM
:rofl: That's way too funny seeing as how guys especially always say that to me, and I don't even have an outward appearance that might give that vibe. Blonde hair, blue eyes and I dress on the preppier side most of the time (though I do have a weird attraction to the gothic stuff but it definitely doesn't show by looking at me) The funny thing is that they are right..I'm one of those undercover "freaks" you could say lol;) As far as um :o sexually goes I've had very few partners so it's not as if I should be giving off a "loose" vibe so to speak. I've always wondered what it is about me..that made guys say that..any time I ever asked I got the responses of saying that "oh no it's not a bad thing at all! you just look like you have somethin in you, that side to you"

And no that's not my eye, but thanks anyways!! I just like eyes for how expressive they are..windows the the soul, ya know ;) Yeah my friend was heavier. She was always thinner growing up and then I think it was after she had her second child she kind of ballooned. She got fired from our job last may and has since lost a nice chunk of weight. She thinks it was from the stress at work..I wondered if it had to do with the fact that she no longer had much money to eat and was making choices regarding *ahem* a lot of pot :lol: and staying out at all hours of the night. Who knows.

Hellsangel
12-20-2008, 12:10 PM
Oh...and they ask you what else you have pierced..they don't ask me that..but they should :lol: that's just me right there..you'd never expect it by just looking at me. I have my tongue pierced but that's the only thing they can see (besides my ears which I never wear earrings anymore, no idea why) My belly button one would never hold, when I was thinner. It kept migrating out..i was really sad I had wanted that one lol. Oh well I tried twice and how have a nice little white scar to show for those battles :D

gymlee
12-20-2008, 12:40 PM
NightengaleShane :nono: No No 100 cal packs of cookie dough just regular kind haha I was going to bake cookies for christmas so I had the container of the ready made cookie dough and all you have to do is spoon it out and plop it on the cookie sheet because I'm too lazy to make it from scratch. But it didn't stay with me for too long because my body decided it wasn't something I should have in my body at that time and then next thing you know :barf: I guess I don't have to worry about the those calories now huh? haha I definitely try to look on the bright side of things even if emotionally I'm not there. Try to be optimistic :)

NightengaleShane
12-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh gymlee, the involuntary bulemia kicked in! The sane person in me had the reaction of, "aww, throwing up sucks, I hope you feel better!" but the ex eating disordered person said, "OH, WELL, you won't have to worry about those calories! Well... not... two thirds of 'em. Good for you. I wish I threw up more when I ate junk food." Sad, I know. Plus, if I throw something up, I don't have the desire to eat it for a long time. *Sending chicken soup and ginger ale your way :)*

Hellsangel - Wow, I am about the same as you - a bit of a freak (ok yeah they are right! haha) BUT I have not had that many sexual partners. People always think I've had more. I guess I give off the borderline slut vibe :lol:

Two kids will make most people balloon up. Heck, ONE kid can do that for some. One of my neighbors weighed 110 pounds pre-child and now weighs 180. She carries "skinny" pictures of herself everywhere she goes, just like I did at my HW. I initially wanted her to be my weight loss buddy, but since she kept flaking out on me, I decided I was going to just go at it alone. 50 pounds later for me and she still hasn't lost an ounce :( poor girl.

Pot... funny, you think she would just get wicked cases of the munchies and end up falling in love with the dollar menu and/or Taco Bell's FOURTHMEAL shiz. I dunno about you, but pot makes me want to eat EVERYTHING and then some. I don't smoke it, though, because it makes me paranoid and hinders my bodybuilding/fitness progress for reasons mentioned above :hungry: I don't drink much for the same reason - alcohol stimulates my appetite like nobody's business and I'm sure not reaching for the veggies! ;)

Hellsangel
12-20-2008, 03:01 PM
:rofl: yeah I must give off the same vibe, I'm just friendly with everyone. They realize pretty quick that they don't have a shot at finding out just how freaky :lol: Yeah she used to love funyons (however you spell it lol) and peach faygo. but I'm I don't think she eats much anymore even with the pot smoking. I never got into it. I had a brief few months back when I was 17 where I tried it off and on, and it just NEVER did anything for me other than give me cotton mouth and a headache. Don't remember any munchies... Good thing..I don't need any help in that area :D I only drink socially..rarely get entirely drunk. Usually I'm the one driving the drunks around if that's the case. What you mean you don't get INSANE cravings for carrots when you drink? Good thing cause if you were into the hallucinating drugs for some reason..you'd have to catch the carrot hahah :carrot: :rofl:

NightengaleShane
12-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I am friendly with everyone, too, just 'cause I'm flirtacious by nature (though I don't flirt at all with people I don't find attractive) and I was taught to treat everyone with kindness and respect. Unfortunately, for some men, the mere fact that I'm TALKING to them means I suddenly want to jump 'em :lol:

I, too, am frequently the designated driver (and I often end up driving other people's cars and stuffing one of my bikes in the back -- yeah, I'm that chick who rides the bike EVERYWHERE, even to other towns!) and the one laughing at all the drunks around me. People say the most ridiculous and hilarious things when they are drunk and uninhibited. I'm pretty frank as it is, but when I'm drunk I sometimes just say things that make no sense... like one time, I got drunk with friends, then we went to Taco Bell. I ordered a spicy chicken taco and enjoyed the living heck outta that thing. I was like, "MMM! OOOH! YEEEEEAH! THIS chicken taco is AMAZING! YEEEAH! OH YEAH! MMMMMMMMHHHH!!" I sounded like I was... well... having someone else enjoy a different sort of taco in which I provided :o my friends STILL won't let me live that one down. Another time (recently), I was discussing my break-up. I said, "The can of worms was opened and I just took 'em out. Here's the can and here's the worms!! HAHAHAHAH!! CAN AND WORMS!!! DUDE, that's HILARIOUS, HERE'S THE CAN AND HERE'S THE WORMS!!" That... was just embarrassing.

NightengaleShane
12-20-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't know what kind of plan you're on, but I always keep a supply of chicken noodle soup, 7up, and saltine crackers handy for when I get sick. Makes me feel better, just like when I was little, and its certainly not calorie heavy. Hope you feel better soon!

Yup, my parents always fed me the same things! They are great "feel better" foods, though I've found they work best while having a stomach bug.

As for what plan I'm on... errrm.. I just generally restrict my calories and maks a point not to eat more than I'm burning :)

I feel somewhat better today and hope to be 100% better by Monday (work) and definitely Tuesday because I am flying up to DC then.

Hellsangel
12-20-2008, 08:23 PM
:rofl: Yep I'm the same way..guys seem to have it much easier with being all over confident, thinking that a simple hello is equal to "let me in your pants" LOL. They're just guys..lol

I'm laughin at your description of you when you're drunk LOL> I'm the total random "i love you" drunk. Everyone is my friend when I'm drunk :):) I'm gonna have to tease you about tacos and cans of worms now hahaha

JulieJ08
12-20-2008, 08:51 PM
I *like* the can and the worms :p I can't explain it, but it was ... some kind ... of clever.

NightengaleShane
12-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Hehe, Julie, I'm glad you like the can and the worms! :lol:

I, too, am sort of a random "I LOVE YOU" drunk. I like everyone when I am drunk and give hugs to strangers. I'm the extra appreciative FUN drunk, too, when I'm not making a complete fool out of myself. And I say some incredibly obscene, sexual things that might even make Trina blush :p You know the saying "don't go there"? I tend to GO THERE and THEN SOME when intoxicated... and then I'll act like an idiot.

Ah, good times. I don't miss other things about being drunk, though, like the "BLEH! I feel like CRAP!" that always comes over me a few hours after (and sometimes the next day), the uninhibited appetite, and the overall amount of calories in the alcoholic drinks themselves. I like knowing I am one of the few people walking around this town without a beer gut :cool:

gymlee
12-20-2008, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=NightengaleShane;2505710]Oh gymlee, the involuntary bulemia kicked in! The sane person in me had the reaction of, "aww, throwing up sucks, I hope you feel better!" but the ex eating disordered person said, "OH, WELL, you won't have to worry about those calories! Well... not... two thirds of 'em. Good for you. I wish I threw up more when I ate junk food." Sad, I know. Plus, if I throw something up, I don't have the desire to eat it for a long time. *Sending chicken soup and ginger ale your way :)* [QUOTE]

Aww thanks! You're too sweet!!! But yea I had my boughts with disordered eating myself and I had the same reaction you did. Oh well we all have/had our issues.

As for all the talk of drunkeness, I'm a lot like you. It was funny to read because I was like "Is she talking about me?" haha It is interesting to see what this thread has turned into.

Ps.- I wrote another thread about lacking motivation to exercise due to fear and I was wondering if you ladies wouldn't mind taking a look at it and commenting with your thoughts because I'm looking for all kinds of perspectives on this subject but I'm too lazy to repost it all here haha Thanks!!!