Dieting with Obstacles - Fibromyalgia # 179

View Full Version : Fibromyalgia # 179

Mima
12-13-2008, 05:03 AM
Hope this works

Mima
12-13-2008, 05:13 AM
Yesterday's post got lost. hey Anne-can you get a sticky on yhis?
Wow-3 days of therapy and I walked with no pain-the boot helps too. I wear it during the day.
I finally got some shoes at Goodwill to put my orthotics in for dress.
What an ice storm back home. Angela called in the morning quite upset. but she could go to her sister's . Bobby and Pam and friends went to a hotel and Ct was spared. We haven't heard from Dennis. My brother has a generator,
We are taking Evan and Alison to the Christmas Pageant at church-the first half is like a Broadway show-the second part is the Resurrection/What can I say-we are Baptists.
We foind out that we can order Brad;s diabetic suppies from a company-Walmart said we had to pay.
Bue for now-Mima

Joanne D
12-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Hello Everybody- I don't have a lot to post ,but, I guess if I don't I won't get your posts..
I am still really busy trying to finish up the the gifts I am making..
My sisters companion died this past week so I will have to put aside to go to that memorial.. I didn't care for him ,but, he was her choise.. I will go for her sake.
Our brother from AZ. will come down .Her companions sons will come from NY and VA. They were not there when he passed.Now I guess we will see how much hits the fan.. I am going to step way back..
My daughter and her family will be here for Christmas as will our son and his wifes family. We will quiet a crowd. Hopefully I will have a lot of help.. You never know.
I like walmart but they are like everyone else. Out for the money and I find a lot of times won't give out helpful advice.. Our meds cost over 500 a month. They make their share of profit from me..
Hope everyone is having a good weekend...Joanne

Candicej
12-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Mima glad you are getting foot relief..If I just stay off of mine it feels better.

Joanne..does your family stay with you? Hope the funeral goes well for your sis's sake.

Got more gifts wrapped but need top get to bed, really windy here so noisey but no ice untill Sunday night.

Hey Kate, Happy and Meme.......

Kate53
12-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Good morning everyone! Another chilly day in the sunshine state and it's cloudy too. Somewhere in the 60's for temps. Where is all this warmth and sunshine we usually have?? Entertaining guests again this weekend but this time I will be delegating supplies for the grilled pizza party. I'll make the whole wheat crusts and caramelized onions, someone can bring the cheeses and toppings, and someone can make a large salad. BYOB too. Finally finished cookies and distributed them so I can relax for a bit. And yahoo! Hubby goes back on days next week so we can live a more normal life for at least a week.....finally will get some sleep! Now I need a good fudge recipe....anyone? Joanne, sounds like a disaster heading your way with the family of your sister's companion coming to town. All I can say is I have seen some disturbing issues before with family passings and the best advice is to duck and stay low! I have only a sister left up north who just moved back to our hometown from California. She lived in the sonoma valley area for 25 years and decided to move "back home" to be closer to her two adult kids. I won't get into that though, as I feel the same way about those two as Joanne does about her sister's companion....Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their family and friends. Will check back later.
Kate

Happy Canuk
12-13-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi. Sorry to be away for so long, but had a lot of working to do this past week. On Thursday, I hurt my darn back, so am having trouble sitting, laying, standing for long. Ended up sleeping in my recliner for a few hours last night. That seems to be the most comfortable. Great support in that chair for the lower back.

Mima - glad your foot feels better. I had tried acupuncture for that, and it hurt so badly and didn't seem to do much. I finally bought some Orthodics, that the Dr. wrote me a precription for. They were $50.00 and he told me they did just as much good as the expensive ones you have made. In any case, it worked and I haven't had any problem with it since. Hope it stays that way, because it was very painful.

Candice - glad you are getting done, but you really need to start sleeping more regular hours.

Joanne - sounds like you will have a housefull for Christmas. Too bad about your sister losing her partner and especially at this time of year. That's tough. Hope all goes well.

Tammy - are you gone yet? and if not, when do you leave.

Kate - here is a simple recipe for fudge. I nabbed it off the net, and a friend of mine made it and said it was easy, fast and delicious. What more could a person want?

Do you go to pot-lucks ? Do you have a few people you would like to give a small
gift to over the holidays ? Do you like good (BUT VERY EASY) things ? Have I
got a treat for you. This little fudge recipe is great -- and delicious -- best of all it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy !!!! You will be a hit and well, just give it a try -- You'll see whay I'm raving. I use Snicker bars -- but you can use your own favorite chocolate bar.

Ingredients
1 can sweetened condensed milk
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Snickers, or Milky Way candy bars, cut into chunks
Microwave together and pour into 9x9 buttered dish.

Directions
Microwave chocolate and milk on high for two minutes.
After one minute stir to keep from burning

It is snowing and blowing and downright cold here. Tomorrow the high for the day will be -27C so it is almost 30 below zero, which it will be during the night. Going to stay cold until the 24 Dec., and then it will get up to 0C (32F). So, we will have a white, warm, Christmas.

Got to get up from this computer and put some heat on my back. Just had ice on it for 20 minutes.

Have a good day.

Joanne D
12-13-2008, 06:59 PM
Candice- The only ones staying with me will be my daughter and her hubby and my G /daughter.. The others live close by and will just come for a few hours and of course to eat.
Kate- I hope the service for my sisters companion will go fine.. I plan to just leave if there is any problems..I have heard that the sons and their family are something to deal with..I don't need any of that..There will be plenty of other members of the family there to handle whatever happens..
Hello Everybody
Joanne

Mima
12-14-2008, 04:46 AM
Funer als are difficult=its easier when people have faith-its easier to put everything in perspective. Suzanne had to go to a service yesterday-the daighter of the dj she had that Jim was close to got killed. Hope it goes well for you Joanne.
Oh Anne-your poor back-it seems that it happens once in a while to any of us. Love that fudge recipe-I may try it. But nor give it to Brad.
Medicare pays for diabetic supplies but I think you have yo go through a supplier.
Our house back home has no elec and there are trees down but they didn't hurt anything except fall on the mailbox which Dennis thinks the repair people will take care of. Bobby and Angela got their electric back.
We went to the Christmas pageant. Evan was good-he took a nap during the second part, I cried because there was a story about a soldier coming home and then Pastor sang I'll be home for Christmas-Alison and I were thinking of Jim and Al's best friend is also in Afghanistan.But the whole show was awesome.
I ahve an appt everyday next week. But foot was good yesterday-hurts today. Have a great Sunday.Mima

Texas2lip
12-14-2008, 06:09 PM
I'm going to the doctor soon because I believe I have fibromyalgia, I'm 47 and I'm in pain all the time , I know the extra weight needs to go but I'm to young to feel this old can anyone give me some pointers on how keep the pain level down

Joanne D
12-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Texas2lip- Welcome- The best advice I can give is go to a good Dr. and get a diagnosis. Then work on your weight. There are some good support groups like Tops or Weight Watchers.. I have been to both and they are good..
Mima- You are right.. I just am anxious about this one.. His sons have been at odds with my sister ever since they got together..I think they think she is going to take something from them..If she does get something ,she deserves it.
Hello everybody...Joanne

Candicej
12-15-2008, 01:23 AM
I ment to get back here and post but fell asleep watching a movie on TBS...then got up and worked some more and then went and layed down in the master bedroom and fell asleep again..ahhh..some much needed rest! Happy aren't ya glad!LOL I know I gotta do better but doing these hoidays it is very hard! The past 3 years have been very hard!!!!!!!!

Weather permitting I go to the new internist Tuesday at 9 AM for bloodwork and to see if I really need a neurologist. DH is supposed to take me since the weather is icy.

DH proceeds to tell me the snowman blew over and the lights were not working, so he brought him in. He cannot fix anything! So it is 10pm and freezing cold raining and windy and I am working on the outside lights and putting the snowman back out. My hair is matted to my head!LOL (wet wet wet) Seems the light problems is due to an overload (the way the hosue is wired) so I had to figure out how to run the cords to diff outlets....... there are only a few and the new one we added is the problem. It was run off of another room in the hosue that we thought we would not be using but that is where my computer is set up right now .... will have to figure this one out later but for now everything is working but two bushes.....with ice coming not sure if they will ever get fixed..I am waiting for the wind to die down and the rain to take a break, and then I might go check them again.

Happy fudge sounds good...do you microwave it all at once..everything in the recipe or do add stuff at different times? Does have to be stored inthe fridg also?

I want to make something in the oven..just gotta find stuff:)

Mima...he ordered me the expensive orthotics....is that what you have? Sounds like Happy got off cheap. How can you wear shoes form G will? I would think you need new ones to fit right. I have a very hard foot to fit.

Joanne..good luck, hope your daughter helps you out and you can enjoy here stay.

Kate....what kind of wheat crust do yo make? Have fun:)

Tex...get a diagnosis or just keep stretching, moving, resting and eating better.....for now.....heat is helpful too fopr me.

Mima
12-15-2008, 05:14 AM
The shoes work-they were Naturalizers. They just needed to be big enough for the orthotics.
Candice=Christmas is not just ornaments and lights. Watch the Nativity . Focus on the why of Christmas. Sorry about the preaching but I would like to see you not get anxious .
Well-Westminster is a huge mess-there will not be power for days=we have been talking to people. At least it will be warm-we may have to go home if the pipes freeze but the we have been fortunate do far. Brad keeps talking about selling the house and I keep listening.
we went to lunch with our friends after church. Don't go to a restaurant in the mall during Christmas =Brad couldn't find a place to park for a while.
But we had a nice time.
PT is in the afternoon which is nice,
Texas-nice of you to stop by=you need a good rheumotologist to diagnose, If you are not sleping well , he can help. And don't give in to it-Try some swimming at the Y-they have arthritis classes. And WW is very good. Hope you feel better. Bye Mima

Candicej
12-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Happy How big are the candy bars? I made it and used leftover Halloween candy bars I had in the freezer...but did not know how many....threw a bunch in!

the ice storm came before I could back out check the 2 bushes so they remain unlit..........

Mima..I'm not stressed out about the lights and stuff(well not totally)....this move has been so difficult for me and can't find anything, I like the decorating outside if it's not too cold out....but really I have to do everything around here, It gets old! DH is not good for much handyman work, he's a salesman...............he likes running after work with his friend and to get massages and stuff and here I sit, which I do not mind staying at home but he could show up and help me with stuff. He does not even want to try and learn anything to help me, says hire someone to help me.....duh...you can't find anyone when you need them. The girl that comes once in awhile to help me has not been here due to bad weather. Tha's my story and I'm stickin to it!:)

Kate53
12-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone! Another cloudy but warm day here in Florida. Warm weather due next few days....definitely not feeling like Christmas!
Hi Texas2slip....I was diagnosed by an Osteopathic doctor who was also an internist. Some people use Rheumatologists and some just a family PC. There are up to 11 or 12 "trigger points" that they test for sensitivity to determine a FM diagnosis along with other contributing factors such as sleep patterns, digestive health and pain levels. They may also do a sediment rate with a blood test. There is no definite single symptom but rather combinations of them which help with the determination. For pain management....good luck! Different strokes for different folks. My sanity and pain control comes from medication such as tramadol and ibuprofen. Others have good results with Lyrica and sometimes Cymbalta if there is depression involved. It's a matter of trial and error to find what works best for each individual. One thing is common among all FM people and that is as Mima said....don't give in to it. Stay as active as you can. It can be immobilizing if you let it take over so stay stretched and active as much as possible. There is an excellent web site for support of Fibromyalgia called http://www.fmaware.org. Good luck.

Candice, thanks for the fudge recipe. I did two batches using the following:

1 can evaporated milk
4C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1/4 pound butter
18 oz. semi sweet chocolate drops
1 oz. bittersweet chocolate drops
1C chopped walnuts
1 15 oz. jar marshmellow fluff

And yes, mine does need to be stored in the fridge to keep the consistency correct but it tastes wonderful!! It also needs to be cooked about 7 minutes at a rolling boil. Yep, I had a couple of pieces :( Guess the scale won't be moving this week! And today I am making a batch of Butter Crunch! I found these great little Christmas tins at the Dollar Tree store and I am filling them up and giving them out. Need to get housework done this week as well. Now that hubby is working days, I can vacuumn and make lots of noise! Hope everyone is enjoying their day....Kate

Tammy
12-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Hello again. I post then I disappear. Christmas is hitting me much harder than I expected.

I went back to the other thread and wrote down some notes to make comments about. Then I read the new posts.

Kate, I used to do lots of decorating at the house we lived in before. I always had at least 8 trees lit and decorated. This place is too small for all of that, but next year I do plan to have more up than I do this year. I put up my ceramic tree, and I put Tim's 2-ft. tree in his bedroom. Loved the gingerbread lighthouse! Tim collects lighthouses. How can you live 1 1/2 hours from Disney and not be there all the time????? lol Guess who is a Disney fan?? Epcot is my favorite of the parks. It was 57 when I got up this morning, and just a short while ago it had dropped to 27!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mima, I read about that orange cake, and now I would like a piece. Glad you got those Gaither tickets. I know how much you enjoy them. Hope things are ok with the house back home.

Anne, I read your 12/3/08 message and it said you haven't had snow! WOw! We've had small amounts several times. Let us know how WW goes for you. I fell asleep in the recliner earlier today, and I slept for almost 3 hours! I must have been comfy too. I am going away this weekend with my best friends to the b&b we go to every December. We are going to be part of a Nativity scene in the little town! I want to be the angel!! Tim and I leave on Monday, and we'll be home Jan. 3. I am planning to take the laptop with me. That recipe sounds super yummy!!

Joanne, sorry to hear about the ulcer and the low blood. Take care of yourself. How cool that you are quilting a pillow for your daughter! I think I'll just come over on Christmas and join you and your family. Sorry to hear about your sister's companion. It's not Eleni, is it??

Candice, I had a shot in my heel several years ago, and I went back to work the next day. Had no problems.

Texas, welcome to the group! I was diagnosed at age 49, and I felt ancient at the time. I don't feel like a spring chicken now, but I feel better than I did 4 years ago because of the meds and exercise that I've been able to do. I have been doing water aerobics for about 3 years, and that has helped.

Bob and I belonged to the Eagles lodge here in town. Since he passed away, I go up there sometimes and just watch tv and chat with the bartenders (all women) and others that come in. Tonight is a Christmas party for the women's auxiliary, and I am going.

Joanne D
12-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Tammy- No it isn't Eleni..She is married to a wonderful guy.. It was my sister Mary.. She lived in Middletown ,N Y for about 30+ years and then moved down after she and her hubby called it quits.. The guy she was with for 7+ years died with leukemia..He was in his second round of chemo and got pneunomia.. He had no resistance..I am sorry for her but find it difficult to be around her much.. Trouble is her middle name..For some reason I am usually in her spotlight..I will do as much for her as she will let me.
I not only made 7 pillows but a afghan for my son and his wife. They will get 2 pillows..The rest of the gifts will be gift cards..It is easier as I never know what to give.. I would be happy for you to join us on Christmas day.. There will be 11 of us so what is one more..
Kate - It is supposed to be warm through Christmas.. That will make a lot of people who are down part of the year happy. I personally like enough cool that I don't have to run the heat or air..Big light bills I can do without..
Candice- I have no one to help me either.. That is one reason I don't put out a lot of decorations..I have asked my hubby a number of times to go with me to buy our Christmas. Not much response ,so I am just going to forget it..
Hello Mima-- Hope your holidays are going good.
Hello Happy and Meme..Joanne

Candicej
12-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Kate..the fudge recipe sounds great..do you have the WW fudge recipe..it is really easy too and tastes great.

Joanne....how come we married such old farts!!!!!! I think they are brothers!LOL

Hi Tammy....you seem to stay busy which is good. I do not have much out inside either since the is still no furniture. Did you get my pm of pics?

Gotta get to bed if I can fall asleep got to the internist at 8:30 AM, DH is going to drive me...we have terrible ice on the ground now and it's not melting and we get snow tomorrow. My snowman will not fall over now he is glued in position with the ice!LOL:D

MemeToo
12-16-2008, 03:59 AM
Hi ... sorry I've been MIA. Had the crud. Temp, body aches, sneezing, coughing, snot ... you name it. Still not completely over it. GD, Daughter and best friend & her hubby all had it and now hubby is getting it. We like to share!

This ringing in my ears is about to drive me nuts. Went to the ENT Dr. and he said not much can be done. Went to the Neurologist and asked him if he thought it might be the Topomax causing it. He said, could be. So he's trying to get me off it and see ... hoping the migraines don't come back. Had a bad headache all day today. Can't win for losing ...

Raining here ... rain forcasted for the whole week - along with some ice and possibly snow.

I tried to read all of your posts. There were a LOT. Can't remember everything. I really want to try that easy fudge recipe, though.

I think we all married old farts! HA And mine is only 2 years older than me. Do your husbands 'listen' to you? I mean really listen. Do they hear what you are saying to them or do they do like mine and just nod when they should, etc. We just sat through a 12 week marriage class at church and I don't think it did one bit of good.

For once I got all my shopping done (on line), my cards done and my house is fairly clean ... and all way before Christmas. I hope to get my cakes baked in in the freezer this week then I'll only have to do pies and the cheese cake next week. This will be a first for me. I'm usually a last minute person. Hubby has off from Thur. to Mon. but we are not going anywhere this year. I'm staying home and taking it easy!

Tammy ... thinking about you. My dad died in November and that was a tough Christmas for me. My mom, dad and brother have all passed on now and Christmas was our family's favorite time of year so I still have some problems around this time.

Joanne, hope you feel better soon. Family can GIVE you an ulcer! What was your blood count ... did they tell you? I'm anemic, too.

Well, I'm going to bed, hello to everyone else and hope you have a nice week. We're having a very wet one here! Not good for what ails me! :p

Mima
12-16-2008, 05:48 AM
So nice to hear from you, Meme. And sorry you were sick. I did a lot of online and gift cards and I only have 4 people to wrap gifts for-doing Christmas cards every day. I will bake some small breads to give away.
I know that move was difficult for you Candice-I still have nightmares about when I sold my house. And rib pains from lifting in the year 2000. My husband would do anything I asked him too but he doesn't finish things. Our new floor is done in the hall but there is no trim.And the closet at the end.
Oh tammy-my first Christmas was so awful after my husband died, I am thinking of you. A change of scenery is good.
Brad talks about going back home if the pipes freeze. What a disaster area back home. They don;t know whan the power will be back-they are working on Main St today. They have to fix all the poles etc first.
I am feeling punk-I have not been good eating-a little bread, ice cream. and cream soup=and then wham -my sinus membranes swell-not going to art and using the Netti pot.
Joanne-I will bet your pillows and afghans are gorgeous. I love to quilt too. After Christmas. I will finish Suzanne's wedding present.
Anne-hope you back is better.
I definitely will make some fudge,
When is that service, Joanne? Hope it goes ok.
My sil Jim did not see Bush but he saw Airforce One at the base.
Hope you are ok at the doc's, Camdice, Mima
Hi kate

Tammy
12-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Joanne, I didn't think it was Eleni if I was remembering right. We'll be in Georgia on Christmas Day, so at least I'll be closer to you than I am in Ohio! I did enjoy meeting you and Eleni when we were down there. Have no idea when I'll get back that way. I'd love to visit with Bob's nieces (daughters of his older brother who passed away many years ago), but I don't want to visit his brothers. They just irritate me so much. I don't know how brothers can be so different. I'm with you on the gift cards. When my nephews were helping move Tim's furniture home on Sunday, I gave them each cash for their Christmas. They were pretty tickled. Need to get some to my niece also. After the kids are out of college or in the working world, I don't buy anymore.

Candice, I'm glad you mentioned the PM and the pictures! What a beautiful home you have! When would you like us all to come and visit? I think a slumber party would be fun!!! We are expecting ice later today and overnight tonight. Tim and his gf are bringing a load of things from his apartment that he didn't have packed up on Sunday. Glad they are coming this morning and not tomorrow. I don't think people will be going many places if we get hit with what they are calling for. I can drive on snow, but ice is another story.

Meme, so glad to hear from you but not glad that you are feeling bad. I hope that things get worked out and the migraines don't return. Bob dealt with those for many years, and I remember the pain he was in. Good for you for having things done! I do have my shopping done, and things are wrapped. I only sent a few cards this year. Maybe next year. I haven't even started baking anything. I always take cookies to the neighbors but it's not going to happen before Christmas this year.

Mima, I like the idea of the small breads to give away. Maybe I'll try that sometime. I agree about the change of scenery being good for Christmas. I was thinking about when Bob and I were there in February, and I sat and smiled. Then I burst into tears. Oh well.

Today I get a haircut and have reflexology. I need to hit Wal Mart before I do that, so I should get moving. Need to get some things to take when I go with friends to the B&B this weekend, and also need a few things to take with us to Georgia.

Have a great day everyone!

Kate53
12-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Okay ladies, I must have missed a post here somewhere. What cake recipe of Mima's is everyone talking about?? I don't see this recipe anywhere....and how I love to cook! Neighbors are beginning to love me! I give a lot away since I can't eat most of it...and my first attempts at buttercrunch didn't work out too well yesterday. I kept getting the "crystallization" glob....seperated at the end and was a greasy mess. I tried it twice: turning down the heat on the boil the second time around and it still "broke". Got frustrated and called it quits after the second fiasco. Maybe I will try it again in a couple of days.
Very humid and warm here today. I am hoping to not have to turn on my A/C either, Joanne. I refuse to turn on the heat but the A/C can be just as bad and I hate giving money to FPL. Next few days is supposed to be above-normal temperatures too. Definitely not very "Christmas-y"
Waiting for hubby's new recliner to be delivered this morning....I guess he deserves it even if he is just another old fart! I keep calling him by his father's name which really gets to him because his dad can be a real pain-in-the-a**. We've been together 33 years (married 27 of them) so I can get away with it! Hope the furniture company doesn't screw up my schedule and is here when they said they would be....
Need to finish cleaning the kitchen so will check back later. Hope everyone has a great day!
Kate

Joanne D
12-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Kate - I got you beat.. I will be married 55 years the 26th of this month... And my hubby is an old fart and I call him much worse sometimes..It has been a struggle getting things done this year..
The memorial is tomorrow.. I am hoping to get through it and not lose my mind..I don't like to go to things like this anyhow.
I finished the pillows today.. Now I have to clean up that room and the rest of the house.. Still have some shopping to get done. Some I can't do till the last minute..I don't want to go to any stores Christmas eve..Last year I made the mistake of going for some last minute grocery.. The lines to the registers were clear to the back of the store..
Hello Everybody...Joanne

Candicej
12-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Kate.. cake recipes?????????? Happy posted a fudge recipe. I think we all like to cook here and eat!LOL

Mima..Trip to the new doc(internal med) went well ,she is very nice and young! I get an MRI on my head MOnday, just to rule out things. My blurred vision has been pretty good lately.

Snow..shovel..snow.. shovel..this is getting old. Have a hudge lump in my wrist and pain when lifting a glass or something from the shoveling. I have a wrist splint here I am wearing on it when I do heavy stuff but I can't type with it. May not beable to bake any more.....oh no! Gotta wrap too and cook Christmas eve...........I bought a big turkey breast to roast.

My old fart is younger than me! and MEME no he does not listen....I will say to him when he begins to knod "LISTEN TO ME"...are you listening to me...to get his attention. Then a few days later he will ask me something that I told him already or explained to him..makes me so mad..and I will say "who are you living with" I already told you that!LOL

Joanne...thinking of you..glad all your pillows are done. Clean up no fun...

Tammy, you are doing great and I know Bob would be proud of you. I do not care for DH's brothers either. Glad you got the pics..it was not working right when I sent them and had to do it twice.

Happy come and play.....

I sat for awhile in the sunroom with the dog and watched the snow fall on the frozen lake and one little goose running around. It is so pretty when it first falls before "man" messes it up! LOL

Mima
12-17-2008, 05:06 AM
Candice-I don't think you shuld be shoveling/ Fibros cannot do stuff that hurts like that. Hope the test is ok. Glad you like doc-hope i feel the same way today.
No elec back home today. But they are getting closer.
I cannot walk around with that boot-figured out it maked my back hurt,
You have a nice day planned-Tammy, You are smart to go slow.
Brad was up before me-tv on and talk. I like to get up and read the Bible and meditation book and write in my prayer journal. I told him Quiet time had the word quiet in it. So he went and ate and read himself-now he is quiet. I think he has add. But I am crabby because I took an extra prednisone for my sinuses/ I need to go back to bed.
Snowing back home.
My pension fund lost 12 million in that Ponzi scheme.
Kate-I buy bread mixes-got gingerbread and some frosting. I know it would be rewarding to do from scratch but I spend all my time at PT and doc;s.
Bye for now. Mima

Kate53
12-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Okay, I got it now regarding the recipe! I was confusing Happy and Mima's post, sorry!! I need to pay closer attention....although a cake recipe sounds good. Maybe a red velvet one for Christmas dinner dessert?? Mima, I used to make all kinds of tea breads for Christmas but not so much now. Pumpkin bread and cranberry nut were the popular ones for this time of year. I have all I can do to get the cookies made and even that felt a little overwhelming this year. I think next year I will not bake so much, and only when the mood strikes me. Hopefully my feelings about all food will be different by next Christmas as I need to lose a lot of weight.... and holidays do make it more difficult. I mean, who really wants to eat a roast turkey dinner without the mashed potatoes and stuffing?? To me, that makes the meal.....and just an itty-bitty 1/2 cup of each hardly seems worth the effort for two people. If I watch my carbohydrate intake for a week prior to the meal I could probably pull it off but then what do I do with the leftovers? Too many opportunities there to over-indulge for me....best to avoid it altogether.
Off to do some bargin shopping....coffee is on sale. Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I won't complain about my FM today even though it is becoming an uncomfortable morning.....I need to keep a positive attitude today. Bye for now, Kate

Happy Canuk
12-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Ok Candice, I will come out and play. My back is still not doing well, and I find it hard to sit, stand or lay - so I have to take turns. It just soooo much when I have to get up.

Here's a recipe for you all, just in case you really need a fix. Share it with somebody. It's easy and it's pretty good.

Chocolate Mug Cake

4 TBSP cake flour (not self rising)
4 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP baking cocoa
1 egg
3 TBSP Milk
3 TBSP oil
3 TBSP chocolate chips (optional)
a small splash of vanilla
1 coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips and vanilla and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes (1000 watt power) The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed.

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate, if desired.

EAT! This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous

Any why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world?? Because now we are all only 5 minutes away from chocolate cake at any time of the day or night.

Now, Candice,you should NOT be out shovelling walks. What a killer job that is. I used to do it, and I really enjoyed doing it, but it is one of the things that got laid to rest.

Kate - It's a really bad time of year for dieting. I baked cookies yesterday, and they sure did taste good, but I should NOT have been eating them. I wasn't going to do much baking, but then my kids started and wanted to know if I was making ginger snaps, peppernuts, sugar cookies, and on and on it went. Told them I would make each of them their favorite cookies, but then they only eat a few and I'm stuck with the rest. Good thing my gals at work like to eat these things.

I say ENJOY Christmas dinner. If you and hubby are both on a restricted diet, then toss the rest and don't feel bad about it - it's only one day. Try to be good the rest of the time.

Mima - I had to wear the boot when I broke my foot and it was hard on the back. I had to wear the thing, so I went a bought a pair of shoes that would be the same height and it worked ok. That Ponzi scheme was something else, and the fellow sure did a good job of swindling people.

Meme - nice to see you make an appearance. Sorry you have been ill. Hopefully, you will all be better by Christmas.

Tammy - (((((hugs))))) for you. I know this must be such a tough time for you. Glad you are going to get away for a bit. It will be good for you. How is the puppy doing?

JoAnn - nice that your daughter is getting home for Christmas. Just hope you are feeling better.

It is a snowy, blowy day, and I have to go get my haircut. I sure picked a winner of a day. Then, we are having a potluck lunch at work, so I will go there when I am done. I need to go back to see the Chiro as well, but I am NOT driving on the highway, and not sure if hubby is busy at work or not. If not, perhaps he will drive me.

Hope you all enjoy the day.

Candicej
12-17-2008, 09:41 PM
HI happy..I'm very tired..gotta go lay down for a bit..recipe sounds good and easy..thanks.

MemeToo
12-18-2008, 02:49 AM
Anne, if you're using plain flour in the cake recipe ... what is your rising agent? There is no soda or anything listed in the ingredients.

I can't believe how much Ginger and Candice's Jasper look alike. When I get time, I'll try to put their pictures on here together. Except for Jasper's mustache you can't tell them apart. Ginger is getting a haircut Friday so hopefully she will look a little better than she does now.

Well, it is almost 2 a.m. I've gotta get to bed. I didn't get much done today, need to get groceries tomorrow and have kids Fri. This rain is about to kill me. It has rained every day this week (all day) and is supposed to rain all the way through 'till Monday. Don't know if I'm gonna make it!

Mima
12-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Good morning-still no power at home but praying for today. It was 42 in there yesterday but it's going to be colder. Brad's bro said he would drain the pipes. We really got hiy hard.
Anne-so sorry your back still hurts.
I went to new doc-don't have a lot of confidence in him. He gave me tramadol but I am afraid to take it because I take 2 low doses of antidepresssants at night and he saw my list. Pharmacist said it doesn't absorb as well and did I ever have a seizure/ ??? I think I might call Dr ramey .
He is more of a take charge person.
Who takes tramadol-I am thinking it's Kate and Meme couldn't take it.
Still have a sinus headache-my remedies are not working. Want to go to the chiro but this one place wants my xrays or i will have to get new ones. I am working on that.
Anne-does your chiro use electrical stimulation on your back-that helps me big time.
Went to church last night-message was that God is in charge.
Boy those recipes sound good. My mother was the best baker!!!! She would make Spritz at Christmas=yum. Glad I wasn't wheat sensitive then.
Anne-you must know about them.
Hi Joanne and all. Mima

Happy Canuk
12-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Hi. Mima - hope they get the power back on soon. Feel sorry for people who lose that, especially if they have deep freezes etc. We are so reliant on these things, and a lot of homes in Canada are heated by electricity as well.
My Mom used to make those Spritz cookies and my hubby's cousin makes them every year (Danish Butter Cookies).

Meme - I wondered about that as well, but the egg must do it. It rose just fine :lol: You have rain, and we have snow and -30!

Yesterday, I had a hair appointment for 10:00 a.m. booked weeks ago. You just can't change that at this time of the year. I slid downtown, as it had snowed, and it was icy. After I was finished there, I just had to drive 3 blocks to work, for a potluck lunch we were having. Then I came home. It had started to get colder and colder, and seems, more and more icy. I sure was happy to get my feet on the ground.

Last night, we had to go out for dinner to a friends house. As she lives just outside of Red Deer in the country, we had to go on the Highway. Well, we turned on and everything was fine for a few minutes, and then we hit the line up. What should have been a 10 minute drive, turned out to be 45 minutes and we were lucky. If we had to go further down the highway, it would have been up to 4 hours - so many accidents. People just spinning off into the ditch. They drive like maniacs around here at times, and people don't stop to think about the ice. I think they said no MAJOR injuries, thank goodness.

Everybody have a nice day. I am heading off to the chiropractor again this morning. Hubby will come drive me. Again, not so brave!

Kate53
12-18-2008, 11:38 AM
Good morning everyone, Thanks for the mug cake recipe Candice. I'm almost afraid to try it....can't keep losing weight trying these little ditties...;)
Mima, it sounds like you have definitely had your share of problems. I hope you can find some relief soon. Yes, it is me that takes the Tramadol. I find it has helped more than other meds. I just have to remember to take it on schedule to avoid the flair-ups that take forever to get control of. I take 2 tablets first thing in the morning with 2 ibuprofen and 2 again in the afternoon around 3-4. Sometimes I might need to take 1 around noon if it's a bad day. They don't make me feel like I am walking around in a fog like the other pain meds do so I like that part of it. I can function normally and for a big gal, I am very active....on the go all day long. But because Tramadol is codeine based, I can see why some people might have a problem taking it. It seems to affect breathing, can cause stomach ills and can constipate you. I have had none of the above so I am fortunate.
Need to get my pizza sauce on for Saturday night. I like to make it a couple of days ahead to "marry" the flavors. Making Chicken en Papillote tonight which is great because it is easy and mess free. Hubby starts his 2 weeks off today...not returning to work until after the holidays. Just wish they paid him for the whole two weeks and not just the two holiday days. Such is life! We'll just have to make do with the stocked freezer. And Happy, I did buy a small turkey breast for Christmas dinner. I will make a whole wheat stuffing and mashed sweet potatoes to go with it. Not sure about throwing out the leftovers though...my mother was a very frugal woman and would roll over in her grave if I threw out any food! I even make bread crumbs from my stale whole wheat bread slices and freeze little bags of them. And I grate off lemons and oranges when I use them and store the rind in the freezer as well for those recipes that call for flavors in my mediterranian dishes. Do I sound nuts?? Oh well...I am convinced we do become our mothers.
I hope everyone has a great day....off to get that sauce on. Kate

Mima
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks Kate-I took 1 37.5 and it really worked but I couldn't go back to sleep this am and could not take a nap. Now i have to drive so I did not take another one. I took an extra strength tylenol. Put a call into my rheumo at home and the nurse is going to check with doc about interaction with anti -depressants.
Tenant has bronchitis and pneumonia-can't go to the shelter because he doesn't want to leave his dog. Slept in his car-sure hope the power goes back on.
PT Bye Mima

Kate53
12-18-2008, 07:13 PM
Hi Mima, sorry to see your tenant has no place to go with his dog...I can relate as I am a HUGE animal lover. I would never leave my pet behind and God knows there are not enough shelters that take pets. I hope they find suitable accomodations.....or that the power is on soon. I will think positive thoughts for them.
The Tramadol tablets dispensed all read 37.5 mg. That must be the standard dosage. Depending on your situation, you can double the dose......just be sure to note any difficulties with breathing as that seems to be the number one concern. I personally don't see the issue with this but there must be some history of side effects marking this problem. I hope this works for you. I too have issues falling asleep at night. Once I get "there" I am fine but the actual relaxing and dozing off is hard to come by. I've started taking 3 mg of an all natural melatonin at night but have these weird dreams with it . Not sure what causes the initial sleep inducement issue but once I relax and get comfortable, I sleep deep and sound. It could be related to my diet as well. Protein gives your body extra energy and if I don't burn it off during the day, it might be what is keeping me wide-eyed at night. When I get tired enough, I will sleep regardless...and here's one for all you dog-lovers out there. Great Pyrenees are notoriously nocturnal...yep, all night-in-your-face-attention-barkers!! Only a few nights a month and usually during the full moon phase but what an experience. Makes you want to leave home sometimes. Love my girl to death but didn't see this in the breed discription. :)
I wish everyone a good evening. Kate

Candicej
12-19-2008, 02:07 AM
Ice :eek:

Mima
12-19-2008, 03:55 AM
The power is on-like a person on death row-a last minute intervention-Praise God. And we thank a;; who helped us durng the week.
My rheumo back home does not want me to take that med. He's concerned about it's addictive property among other things. I will save it for when one of us is in a lot of pain. It's only my back and foot now. And I couldn't sleep all day-no back to bed and no nap.But it did work. And it seems to work for you, Kate. Maybe they can get together and agree on something, After Christmas. Doc at home is going to be off-he has 7 kids and his wife died in 2001-he is a saint,
Well-6 hours sleep- we took our neighbor to see her husband in the hospital and then out to eat, We shopped for shoes but as usual, I couldn't find my size.
Bye for now-Mima

Candicej
12-19-2008, 04:35 AM
Mima, glad the power came back on...ours is going on and off all night, we have lots of ice out there now....what is tramadol???????????Does it have another name?

Kate53
12-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day in Florida! Sorry, don't mean to rub it in to you folks in ice country:). Mima, so glad to hear the power is back on and everyone will be warm and safe. On another note, I do hope your doctors find something they agree on AND that it works for you. Candice, another name for Tramadol is Ultram, but I believe Ultram has added acetominophen. I was given the Tramadol because I take ibuprofen with it. Tylenol (acetominophen) doesn't seem to work for me. Actually Mima, I didn't think it was considered a high risk med for addiction....not like Vicodin or Percoset. And I can get it through my insurance's mail-order pharmacy so it must not be considered a "class?" substance or they wouldn't accept the prescription to mail out with 90 day refills. Strange? Who can understand the way these health companies and doctors work now a days!
Hubby is home for two weeks now....not sure if this is going to be good or not! My routine doesn't need any interferences so if he gets annoying I'll just start asking him to do things.... he will disappear fast enough! :) Hope everyone stays warm and enjoys the day.
Kate

MemeToo
12-20-2008, 12:53 AM
Tramadol can be very addictive ... depending on how often you take it. I have some but don't take it very often. If I take it during the day, it makes me sleepy; if I take it at night, I sleep good for about 4-5 hours then wake up and can't go back to sleep. It does help the pain, though. I actually like Darvocet better. I can take it during the day without feeling druged out of my mind and I can take it at night for pain. I have taken it for years yet have never become addicted to it. Sometimes, when I hit a good (maybe I should just say 'better') spell, I'll make myself lay off of it for a few days just to make sure I'm NOT addicted. I usually take one or two a day on semi-bad days ... today (a dark, rainy, foggy day) I've had three!! Don't usually have that many. I also like liquid Tylenol in the mornings with a hot shower ... gets me going. I think with any pain medication and especially an opiate based pain med. you need to get yourself off it for a few days at least once a month if you are taking it regularly and make sure you are not addicted!

MORE INFO ON TRAMADOL ADDICTION:

Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever.

Tramadol is used to treat moderate to severe pain. Tramadol extended-release is used to treat moderate to severe chronic pain when treatment is needed around the clock.

Tramadol may also be used for other purposes not listed in this medication guide.

Important information about tramadol
You should not take tramadol if you have ever been addicted to drugs or alcohol.
Seizures (convulsions) have occurred in some people taking tramadol. You may be more likely to have a seizure while taking tramadol if you have a history of seizures or head injury, a metabolic disorder, or if you are taking certain medicines such as antidepressants, muscle relaxers, or medicine for nausea and vomiting.

Take tramadol exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take it in larger doses or for longer than recommended by your doctor. Do not take more than 300 milligrams of tramadol in one day.

Seek emergency medical attention if you think you have used too much of this medicine. A tramadol overdose can be fatal. Overdose symptoms of a tramadol overdose may include drowsiness, shallow breathing, slow heartbeat, extreme weakness, cold or clammy skin, feeling light-headed, fainting, or coma. Tramadol may be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for. Tramadol should never be given to another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. Tramadol can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Do not stop using tramadol suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, sweating, nausea, diarrhea, tremors, chills, hallucinations, trouble sleeping, or breathing problems. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication. Do not crush the tramadol tablet. This medicine is for oral (by mouth) use only. Powder from a crushed tablet should not be inhaled or diluted with liquid and injected into the body. Using this medicine by inhalation or injection can cause life-threatening side effects, overdose, or death.
Before taking tramadol
You should not take tramadol if you have ever been addicted to drugs or alcohol, if you are currently intoxicated (drunk), or if you have recently used any of the following drugs:
alcohol;

narcotic pain medicine;

sedatives or tranquilizers (such as Valium);

medicine for depression or anxiety;

medicine for mental illness (such as bipolar disorder, schizophrenia); or

street drugs.

Seizures have occurred in some people taking tramadol. Your risk of a seizure may be higher if you have any of these conditions:

a history of drug or alcohol addiction;

a history of epilepsy or other seizure disorder;

a history of head injury;

a metabolic disorder; or

if you are also taking an antidepressant, muscle relaxer, or medicine for nausea and vomiting.

Tramadol may be habit-forming. Tell your doctor if you feel the medicine is not working as well in relieving your pain. Do not change your dose without talking to your doctor. Do not stop using tramadol suddenly, or you could have unpleasant withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, sweating, nausea, diarrhea, tremors, chills, hallucinations, trouble sleeping, or breathing problems. Talk to your doctor about how to avoid withdrawal symptoms when stopping the medication. Store tramadol at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep track of how many pills have been used from each new bottle of this medicine. Tramadol is a drug of abuse and you should be aware if any person in the household is using this medicine improperly or without a prescription.

Mima
12-20-2008, 05:26 AM
Yikes!!! Well, I couldn't sleep-finally catching up but I am in so much heel pain.
Thinking of acupuncture. Chiro's office has it. It's almost 2 months!!
One of my friends called me last night-she is spending her first Christmas as a widow. I should have called her. She thanked me for how nice I was when her husband was dying. I felt bad because I hadn't been in touch.
Brad wants to go to BJ's. Wonder if they have electric shopping carts.
I can't let him go alone.
Tenant is quite sick. That always means no rent but I feel bad and hope he gets well-no pipes froze. thank God. I called my brother because he said he would go over there today-I said no leaks-he thought I said no heat and why
hadn't I called him in the morning. Duh!!!
Bye for now. Mima

Kate53
12-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Good morning all, Another one of those Florida days.... but I am jealous of those who will have a white Christmas!! (Hope that makes the snow country folks feel better.) Meme, I was so surprised with all that info you posted for Tramadol. Even the drug info sheet that comes with my prescription didn't mention all that stuff. See what I mean about these doctors and pharmacy companies? Never can tell what's what with the way they do things....
I am fortunate by the sounds of your info that this medication works for me. I don't feel any different when taking it other than lessening of discomfort of the FM. As for the addiction, hopefully not, since I have often forgotten to take it and have had no ill effects.
Our neighbor just had surgery yesterday for a malignant tumor on his adrenal gland. I sure hope they got it all. This is the 3rd round for him (having had radiation and chemo already) so we hope this will buy him a few more years.
Off to finish my prep for pizzas tonight. Company coming so it should be a fun evening. Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Kate

Candicej
12-20-2008, 12:09 PM
I used to take Ulram but it made me anxious and nauseated......just coding now but hardley ever it makes me feel ill too.

Hello....you would not believe the day or night I had yesterday....this house is driving me nuts, we love it and the location but we keep finding things wrong that the previous owner had to know about, let's just say they got a really good deal!

Well.....I dosed off for a few hrs in the morning and on my way to bed around 11 AM DH says there is something wet on the floor (but he couldn't investigate or figure it out by himself) (he thought it might be the dog) NOT,,,,,,, The whole area infront of the fireplace and under the windows (about a 4x12 area was soaked), must have been one mighty full bladder on the dog!LOL The dogs bed was saturated, no big deal threw in the dryer, and then got the rainbow out and sucked up 3 gallons of water. We thought maybe the ice on the deck was some how leaking in so we proceeded to clean the deck and the siding and the gutters of ice. NO FUN!!!!!!! Thought we solved our problem so off to bed I went not even thinking to check another room...I was so tired couldn't think. Got up at 10pm...and checked the other rooms....and of course there was more water (dh had told me he checked and there was none.(men) This is all carpeted area and the carpet is only 3 weeks old. I had all my wrapped presents in the back bedroom and they were all soaked so I had to take them all apart and use the hairdryer and rewrap!!!!!!!!! WE have the fireplace going, two floor fans, 3 ceiling fans and 3 space heaters to help dry the carpet out. What the "h" do you think caused this??????? This is a 5 year old home?????? The windows are andersen doublehung..could it be them? Do you think it was the ice storm? Good thing we do not have much furniture yet or it would be ruined...the wood just soaked up the water on the few things we had.

WEll I need to get some rest, taking an Amien cr to sleep, I will not make DH's family christmas...(no big deal)....

Joanne D
12-20-2008, 09:09 PM
Candice- I would be yelling and upset is not the right word.. Hope you can get it resolved.
Hello all Joanne

Candicej
12-21-2008, 03:20 AM
ON top of all the water sucking up...I fell on the ice..am sore from head to toe! Big bruise on my left hip and it hurts so bad to sit! Put my Turkey breast in the oven for WEd....so far power is staying on, it smells so good...gotta go wrap stuff now if I can move!:eek:

Mima
12-21-2008, 04:07 AM
I would bet it is the ice-awful and falling on top of that!! Feel better.
Glad you can take the tramadol, Kate. Tour poor neighbor.
Wow for riding an electric cart in Bj's-didn't dare try it in Walmart-too crowded but if I go early. I will.
Awakr at 2:30-wish we hadn't said we would go to early service/can always call Joyce and change I guess.
Computer is driving me crazy-bye for now. Mima

Mima
12-21-2008, 04:08 AM
your poor neighbor

Candicej
12-22-2008, 05:22 AM
Still very cold, go for my MRI tonight, DS#1 will take me and DS #2 will be there working and said he'd come check on me if he gets abreak.

Got the water dried up and some ginger spice cookies baked..messed up the flour but figured it out and they are great. Gotta go wrap and rest.

Kate53
12-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Good day everyone! Candice, I would have gone balistic with that water all over a new carpet!! Sounds like it might have come from around the fireplace somewhere. Maybe the flashing on the chimney outside where it joins the roof? Wind could have driven water in there, froze to ice and then melted? Fireplaces are notorious for leaking when a house settles....did you have it inspected when you bought the house? So sorry you are dealing with these issues, especially during the holidays! And then to fall on the ice...ouch!
I would love one of those "rainbow" vacuumns! I have an electrolux that is so old...but you just can't kill those things so I can't justify buying a new vacuumn until this one stops working. Maybe someday!
Mima, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and sometimes I could just throw them against the wall! I'll be typing away and find that most of the letters have been skipped over or only part of the sentence is there....and it's very frustrating. It only happens once in a while but always when I'm in a hurry and need to get moving. Go figure, right? I don't know what causes it, maybe the "signal" or something but it can be very annoying.
My neighbor is coming home from the hospital today. The tumor was twice the size they anticipated but it was removed. Not sure what the follow-up was yet though. I'm sure once he is home and comfortable, we will find out what the prognosis is. He's a tough character so I'm sure he'll bounce back.
Pizza party was fun Saturday night. Enjoyed having our friends and getting together but can honestly say I am tired of cooking and company. I am looking forward to a quiet few days to do some yard work and such. My "Queenie" loves all the attention she gets when I can take more time with her. Weather is very cool (65 "ish") and very windy which makes it seem cooler. Our forecast for Christmas Day is 80 degrees and sunny!! Suppose to warm up for the rest of the week....:) Sorry, you "snow bunnies"! :) Hope everyone is enjoyinjg the day!!
Kate

Mima
12-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I like Kate's theory about the fireplace and the flashing-but you are not going up there to check it!!!!
Went to Applebee's -I ate the not cooked enough squash and have a stomache ache. Took something.
Pt soon. I made the gingerbread only it was cake-not bread. They look lame but probably taste good-neighbor said it was good.
I am going to make the fudge Anne.
I had to do a phone interview for my new insurance policy and she asked so many questions!!! Friday they are coming to do an ekg and blood and urine. I don't care if I don't get the insurance because we didn't know if we should.
Have a nice day all-let us know about the MRI.Candice
Mima

Candicej
12-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Kate..we are thinking it might be the windows and settleing,since it was in all the rooms with south windows and the fireplace is only in one of them. Don't know who to call to find out..Holiday time noone wants to come. WE ahve bad wather again today sleet and snow and then snow on Wed and snow thur and rain is suppose to fall this weekend so we will see if it gets wet again. Kate can you swim in your weather outside?

Mima..they do ask alot of questions for insurance...When dh got his they kept turning him down and it was the insurances mans fault..didn't file something wright. So he hnd to give bloodand test 3 times!

MRI.. was hard to lay..had to think of something diff to get my mind off my pain and the box around my head. My back hurts bad now through my ribs and crk in my neck...Don't want to do thst again.

Kate53
12-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Good morning everyone! Another windy day here in Florida but warming up so not too bad. Candice, yes we can swim most of the year here with the exception of a few "cold spells" we get. Unfortunately, you need to heat the pool with an electric or gas heater because the air temp cools the water off too much at night. Our pool temp without any heat right now is about 69-70 degrees. Way too cold for those of us who have acclimated here! With the heater on, we can heat the pool to about 84 degress and that is perfect but because we don't swim this time of year, we only turn the heater on when we have company staying with us so they can enjoy swimming. Most of the days are warm and sunny but the nights can get chilly. As for your windows, I know Andersen windows themselves are guaranteed for a very long time but not if they were installed improperly. Too bad you couldn't go back on the builder for that. I am assuming they were installed by the original owners who had the house built? If you had them installed as a remodel, you can go back to the contractor for this issue. How did the MRI go? Always hated trying to hold still for those things, especially if you are in any pain when it is scheduled. I had my thoracic spine done last July and it was brutal! I hope all turns out okay.
My neighbor is feeling sore but good. He said he doesn't have to see the oncologist for 6 months which is a good sign. They are great neighbors and my hubby likes to sit and have beers with him on the weekends. Hope all is okay now.
Mima, your mention of gingerbread has giving me a craving!! I just bought some herbal "spiced" tea by Twinings(?) that I hope will do the trick. If not, I will make a small gingerbread cake and share it with neighbors so I can have a bite! I would like to make one more batch of fudge too. I'm just hesitant because I know I will eat some....got to keep focused on this diet!
Off to Sam's Club with hubby to pick up some supplies. Hate to shell out the money but it is so much easier to buy paper towels and toilet paper in bulk...saves lugging it home from the grocery store. Hope everyone enjoys their day.Kate

Joanne D
12-23-2008, 10:03 AM
Hello Everybody...Our daughter coming in today.. I am not ready.. Still got to go to grocery and Walmart again. Need to catch up ironing.. I may put that aside till after Christmas..Washed Christie.. I don't know how she gets dirty. The only time she has outside is our walks 4 times a day..I only do that job once a month.. She is getting where she doesn't fight me so much..
The weather was 49 degrees here this morning.. It will warm up today and probably be close to 80 by Christmas.. We go from heat to ac.. We wouldn't turn on the ac except there will be a lot of family here and we want them to be comfortable..
Bye for now..If I don't get back have a Wonderful Christmas..I will be married 55 years the 26th.. How time does fly!!!!
Joanne

Mima
12-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Happy anniversary Joanne-that must have been busy for you getting married the day after Christmas. You will have a nice time with your daughter and she will help.
Living in an old people's park-we have a heated pool but the last time the heater was not working.
What a morning-went to pt at 8:3o-therapist was checking the tight spots in one leg and he and the doc decided I needed an ultrasound to make sure I didn't have a clot. 2 hours later I went back-everything ok-I was supposed to be home babysitting but Brad did-even made Evan lunch. Therapist was telling others they had a good morning-I said yes, you only sent one person to the emergency room. He was just being careful and my leg really hurts.
I don't like an mri-last time I took valium and prayed-it was ok.
Evan is so funny-said he was practicing his jumps and twirls because they signed him up for the circus, Who? Bobby and Suzanne-where was I?-in MA and you were a baby. And Suzanne is his 3rd grandmother.
Happy day before Christmas Eve, Mima

MemeToo
12-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Candice, sounds like you had quite a time with the water. I almost think I'd take that house back to the store and get my money back if I were you. I'm praying that things will be better now and you will have a peaceful Christmas and be able to rest!

I'm exhausted. Had Ross & Jenna the last 2 days and been trying to clean and bake, too. Jenna is 9 and wants to 'help' and today Ross had reverted back to about 6 yrs. old part of the time. (he's 12) It was hard to get anything done! Plus, my modem went out and I had to go to town and exchange it for a new one, the cable office closed today until next Mon. I'm glad my family isn't coming until Thur. No way I'd be ready for them tomorrow. Hubby has been sick and no help, either. It is still raining and the wind is so strong it nearly blows me away ... Ginger hates to go out to pee. I've been letting her use her paper a lot the last few days. It's supposed to rain every day this week except Christmas Day! I got the basement cleaned and the cheese cake made today. If I can get the rest of the house tomorrow (I worked on it some yesterday plus baked a milkyway cake) and get my pumpkin pies made, then tomorrow night make the dressing and stuff the turkey I'll be ok. I have all the presents wrapped. Sometimes I wonder if one day is worth all this!!!

Joanne, I took Ginger to the groomer’s last Friday. I couldn't cope with her along with everything else I had to do. She still has the little red bows in her ears. She isn't bothering them. I think she has forgotten they are there. I'm hoping they stay in 'till Thursday. Hubby has been bathing her for me. It hurts me to bend over the utility sink in the basement. Then I dry and comb her. But she looks so much better when she goes to the groomer’s . . . she's 'fluffy'! :D She doesn't fight us when she gets her bath. She's usually pretty good. But, Mercy ... she hates getting combed; especially when her hair is a little long. I brush & comb her out several times a week or she gets tangled badly and she bites the brush and even me sometimes.

Well, I'm going to bed. I'm so tired and sleepy I'm about to fall over. If I don't get back in, MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. If I didn't say hi ... HI! :clause: Hope you have a great Christmas Holiday with your families and friends ... don't eat too much, unless the food is wonderful and that's what you absolutely want to do. Then, make every bite something you love, enjoy it thoroughly and make plans to take the pounds off in the New Year! :hohoho:

Mima
12-24-2008, 05:28 AM
Wow for all you do to get ready, meme. i only have to bake a cake and make fudge.
My foot is better this morning. I have been massaging my hamstrings. I need to do something about my back.Chiro hasn't called.
I want to get my nails done today.
3 boxes in the living room-don't know what is in them.
Not much to say-Merry Christmas Eve. Mima

Kate53
12-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas for tomorrow:) We're just doing a turkey breast for the two of us. Hubby is hoping the breast has a package of gizzards and stuff in it so he can have his "Polish" stuffing....yuk! Planning a quiet day today....going to the store and making 1 more batch of fudge. Hope everyone enjoys their family over the holidays....
Kate

Happy Canuk
12-24-2008, 10:57 AM
http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/noth/_Xper20MCper20treeper20sparkleoper20.gif

Good morning to all of you.

JoAnn - Merry Christmas and Happy Anniversary. I hope that you are feeling ok. Your daughter will help you do what you have to do.

Meme - I hope that you are feeling better now, because you have so much to do, and have done so much. You are right, is one day really worth it all? It does make one wonder. Life used to be so much more relaxed. No day is worth getting yourself sick over, that is for sure.

Candice - Heavens, I hope that whatever that problem is, it fixes itself. I guess it could have been from the ice, but I would be worried. The cost of getting ANYTHING fixed is so expensive these days, ever mind a structural damage. Hope you are able to put aside everything for a few days and just enjoy the holidays.

Kate - Hope you have a good Christmas. It's sure is hard to stick to ANY diet this time of year. So much stuff, everywhere. Our coffee room table at work, has been loaded down with food for a couple of weeks. At least somebody sent us a fruit tray! and a meat and cheese platter as well. Otherwise, it is cookies, cake etc. You know, all the Christmas goodies.

Mima - hope you can get into see your chiro. and get your back attended to. Glad your foot feels better at least. Is it Maryland that you live in? I can't remember. Such a disaster there, with the broken water main.

Tamm;y - I guess you have left for Georgia. Hope you and Tim have a good Christmas. I know it will be different for both of you.

It is still so cold here. Hasn't warmed up at all for 2 weeks, and it looks like it won't until after the New year starts. It has been -38 with the windchill, and -32 at night without it. During the day, we have been luck to get up to -10. The whold of Canada will have a White Christmas this year - the first time since 1971. That Arctic air is just locked in and won't move. Oh well, like they say, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger :lol: I would still rather have this than all that rain. I don't mind a rainy day now and then, but they are very depressing. At least the snow is bright. The cold is just a matter of dressing warmer, in layers. Our homes are so well insulated that we don't even know it IS cold outside.

I am still nursing this darn sore back of mine. The chiro couldn't help it anymore, so I went to see my massage therapist on Saturday, and he helped a great deal. However, after working the last 2 days, it is really quite painful again, so I am going to stop and have another massage when I get to Edmonton.

We are heading to our daughter's today, just after lunchtime. We will celebrate Christmas Eve at here house (my son and his family will also be there). Scandinavian's always celebrate Christmas Eve, so we will have a nice turkey dinner tonight. Christmas Day will be at my son's house, and Boxing Day will be spent visiting friends and then a Spagetti dinner at my daughter's. The weekend we will catch up to other friends, and then it will be time to come back home. The problem with Christmas, is that NOBODY can possible eat all the food that is around, and everywhere you go, there is more food! That's ok, I have WILL POWER!!!!

I just want to say MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Mima
12-25-2008, 04:59 AM
Merry Christmas. y'all. We come from Massachusetts-the city next to us just got there power back. Now it's warm there.
Glad the massage helped. I love them.
Got my nails done-nice, We went to the service kast night-took our 2 elderly friends. Pastor's daughter is a talented actress and singer and she and another woman acted out a skit when Mary was reacting to being pregnant and ended up singing Breath of Heaven. Awesome.
Then Brad and I opened our gifts. I bought him the wrong book buy he still likes it. Train stuff.
He bought me a chain for my cross and the clerk had put it on there in the store but we will have to go back because we couldn't do it. He got me the wrong slippers but they may work as shoes. And I have to get a bathrobe. when we go back to sears. And some awesome perfume. And a tool box for my paints.
Enough about me. Going to Mike's at 11.
Have a great day-some of you will be very busy. Tammy-we are thinking of you. Mima

Candicej
12-26-2008, 03:00 AM
:val2: Happy Anniversary Joanne.........and Hubby (the Ole Fart) Boy was he lucky to catch you! :D

Candicej
12-26-2008, 03:11 AM
:snowglo::shocksn::coolsnow::snow4::brr:

Here is a pic of the hole in the wall DS#2 made when he fell down the stairs! He is ok I think, said his shoulder hit the wall but he hurt his foot. So this is how our Christmas eve went....I rushed around (no sleep) to have everything done and perfect and they came, we ate, opened gitfs, took pictures, he feel down steps, they packed up food and went home......DH went to bed and I cleaned up the mess and went to bed the next day and slept good but had weird dreams.

WE are getting ice right now but rain all day tomorrow with a south wind so we will see if the carpet gets wet again......hope not..I can't do all this..I am not wonderwoman like Meme!!!!!!!!!!! ;) I have been hurting really bad scine my ice fall...................................

DS#2...got to his girlfriends ok, she called to say thanks for gifts and said he is there. (3 hrs Northest of here) He is pretty tired and crabby from working..straight shifts.

Candicej
12-26-2008, 03:28 AM
Meme.. and Joanne...Jazzie needs a bath too...I usually do it and clip him too it takes me days to get him all done. I hate to leave him with a stanger...you don't know ho they treat them..unless you really know them. I don't know this area well enough yet. Idid get him brushed upfor pictures but he is still really wooly!...and stinky!

Kate..who bathes Queeny? HI Happy and MIma and Tam....

Mima
12-26-2008, 04:50 AM
Good morning the day after. We had a very nice time at my son's =ham and everything =yummy. Evan was sure happy. We went outside so he could ride his new bike-we used to call them big wheels. I ache today because I ate wheat and sugar!!!! Someone is coming at 9 to do blood tests-I'll bet my sugar will be high and I don't have diabetes. It's for insurance.
My secret Santa was my middle son. I'll bet his gf helped-he sure gave me a lot of nice things. And all from Sears where we are going anyways-haven;t tried them on.
Hope you all had a good day-Candice-yikes!!!! You and hubby should just stay in bed.
Happy Anniversary Joanne!!
I will eventually lay down again. But have to pick up because the nurse is coming.Mima

Kate53
12-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Good morning everyone! And Happy "boxing" day! I have just finished boxing up all my Christmas decor and will now attempt to haul everything up to the attic. Hubby will pass up to me and I will drag it up the rest of the way. (He's too big for our attic! 6' and 290#) Had a very quiet day yesterday. Christmas eve was not so quiet...neighbors behind us are upset with me because I told them they had to keep their dog from barking incessantly. Too bad! They paid attention to the poor thing all the next day and it was as quiet as could be...gee, ya think?? Oh well, get over it.
Candice, that appears to be a perfect shoulder indentation in your wall! Ouch! That's a patching nightmare! Hope someone is talented with the spackle. I have Queenie bathed by a groomer about a mile or so down the street. I usually keep her brushed out fairly well and do a good thorough one just before she goes in. The groomer uses a "Hydrosurge: system that does a great job. Then she dries almost all the way but because she has such a thick coat, it's difficult to get her totally dry. I like this groomer as she lets Queenie roam around...(not crated). Queenie only needs a bath about every 4 months. I usually get her in the shop when she starts smelling a little "gamey". Hope everyone had a great Christmas. I am gearing up for the New Year!! Off to the attic....which will be hot today as we are already 80 degrees here. Had to put the A/C on last night because of the humidity! Got to love the warm weather though...sure beats snow and ice! Bye for now!
Kate

Tammy
12-26-2008, 08:44 PM
Hello and Merry Christmas a day late! We are in Georgia, and I can't get used to this laptop. I need to sit down and read posts and respond again, but not sure when I'll be doing it.

Being here has been good for me. Just knowing how much Bob loved it here has given me a feeling of peace.

Mima
12-27-2008, 05:06 AM
Hi everyone. Good to hear from you Tammy and so glad you are ok. My first Christmas as a widow was awful. Getting away was nice.
We are now talking about selling the house and there is a hole in the wall in back of the hutch like yours. Candice,
Brad is into riding his bike and his sugar was 72 last night. It was 277 the other night. He goes to the doctor on Monday. At least we know he can get it down. The doc in MA is not aggressive enough.
Kate-you are fortunate to have an attic in FL.
I bought some capsaicin ointment for my heel-seems to help. I would say overall my pain is 50% better.
Jim sent stuff from Afghanistan for Alison to wrap and she was supposed to give some to us but it didn't happen. I wondered why he would give all of. that to Mike and Jill and not to his MIL. She gets things mixed up. I only want one of the scarves.None of the stuff was expensive.
Going to Sears to get my cross on the chain, return the slippers, and get a robe. Heard it was not crowded. My favorite bra is half price also. Hmmm?
New years. last year we babysat for Evan. We are in bed by 9. We are the old farts.
Bye for now Mima

Joanne D
12-27-2008, 10:22 AM
Hello Everybody...Christmas was nice.. I gave away a lot of food and my fridg is still stuffed.. I will probably get rid of more this week.. The garbage can is not quiet full. Our G/son and his wife are here for a day more so we will see how it goes..
New Years will be quiet here too. We go to bed early although I read till midnight and then the hubby will wake up long enough to say Happy New Year..
Tammy- I am glad Ga. is good for you... I wish Louie liked going away.. He is such a homebody..
My Christmas stuff will be put away next week and maybe soon as all my company is gone..
Joanne

Kate53
12-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Good morning all. A very warm and breezy day in Florida today. My Christmas stuff is all boxed and packed away. Mima, it's not a huge attic but space overhead.... more than most I guess. Must be the style of my roof as I do have extra space still. We only use what there is over the garage as we have vaulted ceilings throughout the living areas. Finally got to turn the A/C off this morning and while it is still warm, the breeze is strong enough to keep it pleasant.
Working in my computer room today getting the year-end files ready to go into their box and the new files labeled and ready for 2009. I am sure hoping this economy doesn't recess anymore than it has in the coming year. Maybe Obama can pull us out of the mess....we will have to wait and see I guess. Can't start over at my age, for sure! We all need to think positive, right??
Glad you are comfortable in GA Tammy. I always like the Savannah area, Chatham County, but I was told the crime rate is fairly high there. Does that seem true to your thinking? We had actually considered looking around east Georgia for another home in the event we decided to leave Florida but with the economy the way it is and the umemployment situation everywhere, we would have to find jobs before relocating....if that were even a possibility now. What area of Georgia are you in? Another area I was interested in was Virginia but not sure what employment potential would be there either. Eastern Virginia seems mostly resident naval families, at least around the Chesapeake area. Guess I could check it out online.....Hope everyone is enjoying the day. I'm trying to decide if I am looking forward to the New Year or not!
Kate

Candicej
12-27-2008, 12:39 PM
Can't sleep tonado waches , flood warnings and wind advisory, need a shower too but do not want to be in there when storming. Chopped ice last night and scooped poop.....fixed the broken lights, but time to take ,,,I wait untill all the neighbors have theres down. Gotta go see if Ican sneek in ashower before the wind really kicksd in.........

MemeToo
12-28-2008, 01:19 AM
More storms and rain tonight and tomorrow morning. Then they are predicting nice weather until next weekend. Hallelujah!!! I've about had it with all the rain. We shouldn't have a deficiency for awhile anyway. :p I've taken almost a whole bottle of darvocet this month. :eek:

Ginger has to have a bath at least once a month ... can't stand her otherwise. Sometimes more often. She sleeps with me. She stays inside, only going out to go to the bathroom, and I wash her face and brush/comb her out several times a week; but I still want her bathed if she's going to lay on my furniture and sleep in my bed. I got a new electric throw for Christmas and I told her tonight when she got up there and found her spot that she'd better not get anything on it or in the floor she goes! (She just turned her head to the side and looked at me. Sometimes I don't think she takes me seriously!) ;)

Hubby got me a nintendo ds lite and games. I'm having a ball with that. He asked me what I wanted and when I told him he said he thought that was for kids & why did I want one. I showed him all the 'brain' games for it and told him sometimes I fear I'm getting Alzheimer's. Playing those games and puzzles is supposed to keep your brain young. He just rolled his eyes but got it for me anyway. I also got flash focus, a game for your eyes. It's supposed to help people with glaucoma, too. I got Brain Age, Flash Focus, Big Brain Acadamy & one with Crosswords, Anagrams & Word Search Puzzles. I'll be busy for years! :D

We have quite a bit of of storage in the attic but we don't use much of it. It gets too hot up there in the summer. We built a huge closet in the basement to put things like Christmas decorations in. I don't know what we'd do without that.

Got to get up early for church tomorrow so I guess I should get my beauty sleep. We played cards at a friends house tonight and I'm 'wound-up'. Do you all get that way after a night out with friends? We were whooping and hollering a lot ... exciting game. (We lost!) :( Also, we had taco bake and taco soup ... didn't help sleeping any either! :barf:

Hope you all have a good Sunday. Glad you got to get away for awhile, Tammy; hope you're having good weather and this rain lets up in the south for a little while.

Mima
12-28-2008, 05:07 AM
You bet I get excited when out with friends at night.
Went to Sears-got my cross on the chain, new slippers , a bathrobe and 2 bras. Just doing my share.
No Sunday school today. Stomache flipped out yesterday. I'll bet it was something I ate Christmas.
My foot is much better. I was ready to give up.
Hope you are having fun Tammy/
Joanne, you will be tired after all this . Rest up.
No plans for New Years yet. Mima

Joanne D
12-28-2008, 09:44 AM
Grandson and his wife leaving today..yes tired is the word I guess..I am really stressed right now.. We have car problems and the hubby just won't face getting a new car.. He is going to try and take it in tomorrow to see what they can do with it. I am praying they tell him to junk it..It is over 20 years old. Starts sometimes and other times not..Very upsetting to me..
We need rain down here.. Send some our way.. We only get a few minutes at a time..
Just going to try and take things one hour at a time right now...
Joanne

Candicej
12-28-2008, 07:44 PM
What do you use to get urine smell out of the carept!!!!!!!!!! I have used e things and it is stll there, we think the dog went during the night when we were sleeping. I used bissel hand held steam cleaner, cpr for carpets you just srpay on and a shark steamer...ran a fan and heater and dired it and it still stinks???????? He has never done this before..but he is gonna be 8 and has gained weight. I cannot stand smells in my house!!!!!!!!!! I am ready to run and hide...too much work here. Had to chase the snowmen around the yard to due to the high winds, they were ripped right out of the socket!.

Just cleaned the basement bathroom too...dh peeded all over the seat and it ran down to the floor...... pain in the butt he is..using 4 bathrooms and flinging it everywhere...........a big ring around his tub too that I can't seem to srcub off, hurts my neck too bad and he won't do it.

Got a headache from all this cleaning and do not feel like I got anywhere.

Suggestions?

Mima
12-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Joanne-there are a lot of deals out there. If you can afford a new car, it would be great. Men cling to their babies. Our Toyota Highlander is 4 years old and it runs like brand new.
Candice-can you afford some cleaning help? I used to do that when cleaning was too much for me.
We went to a restaurant calle Cheeseburger in Paradise and I had the most deliscious crab cakes-although spicy.
Just made our New Years plans-same as last year-Evan is sleeping over because Mike , Jill and Alison go downtown to the festivities-rock bands etc.
I like this plan. Sometimes we go out to eat first.
Hi everyone. I need to go to chiro-they never called so I am calling them.I went over to the gym and did 7 minutes on the bike and went on the treadmill-not good. Mima

Kate53
12-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Candice....suggestion 1: get rid of dh...;) Tee hee. I am so obsessed with a clean house that my hubby runs and hides when I clean. He knows that toilet seat better be "spot" free after his use! I feel for you having to go around cleaning every bathroom because your hubby can't pick just one to use. I would go balistic ::tantrum:devil:....inside the house is my domain, the gargage is his!
There is a liquid product called "Nature's Miracle" which was specifically developed to remove urine odors and stains. It has some sort of enzyme that dissolves the organic compounds of urine and neutralizes the odor. You should be able to find it in a pet store like "Petsmart" or such like that. I know it is available online through "Doctor's Foster and Smith" pet supplies. Don't use heat! That will set the stain and smell....Another suggestion is to try an oxygen based cleaner like "Oxyclean". Just be careful it doesn't bleach out the color in your carpet. Let me know how you make out.
Finishing up the housework today. Hubby being home this long is driving me nuts! I'll go do some errands this afternoon to get out of the house. Need to pick up some supplies for my CPAP machine....(sleep apea here). Hope everyone enjoys the day.
Kate

Candicej
12-30-2008, 12:56 AM
HI Kate..I got some of that stuff (thanks for suggestiong it)...well I sent my son for it, he got two kinds the plain and the orange oxy... there is no stain just the smell and a big wet spot that I dried with a fan blowing on it all night. Someone told me to use an injector with the miracle stuff to get it into the pad and let it sit and dry naturally so I guess I will try that, can't hurt I guess. Why do they steam clean stuff if it sets the smell and stain? I have been letting the dog out in the middle of the night even though he is not asking to go out..he always pees a river!

Mima... I have help on occasion, we are just not in a routine yet with the move and she has been busy with other family things and the bad weather and the holidays.....I ran the sweeper and she scrubbed the floors..I just couldn't get down there! She should be back in two weeks if the weather is ok and we can get caught up some more. WE gotta do the cats room top to bottom....pets make so much work.........my calves are hurting and my arms. The boys gave me the little Shark hand held steamer (love it but ya gotta keep pumping the trigger) I wanted. I have the big one for the floors when I have to do them by, myself. All this extra water and dog stuff has worn me out!

Meme...I need those brain games too!

Joanne....hope he lets you get a new one!

Hi Tammy and Happy..............

Mima
12-30-2008, 05:18 AM
Yikes-we got a call from the tenant's sister-Dennis had a massive heart attack and is in ICU . They don't know if he will make it. That sure presents all kinds of problems. I keep saying to myself that it is in God's Hands-there is nothing we can do about it today.
PT at 8:30. My foot pain is so much better just when I was getting so discouraged that it wasn't healing. I have been on the prayer list at SS and that is when it started to feel better. As we say-PTL.
I also have an appt at the chiro on Friday. Yeah!!!
Evan will be sleeping here for New year's =they all go downtown and listen to rock music. I am getting Horton hears a Who from Blockbu ster.
I have been getting so much heartburn. I took Prilosec yesterday but still
feel it.
This computer is driving me crazy so i will say goodbye. I have been cleaning also. Mima

MemeToo
12-30-2008, 01:47 PM
Have kids again today ... fighting kids. Just put them in time-out. Not going to listen to all that today. I only slept about 3 1/2 hrs. last night and I'm not in the mood.

No rain, thank goodness. But it's supposed to turn cold the rest of the week. I've been hurting so bad I can't stand myself. I'm thinking I've been eating too many sweets and white flour stuff. I need to get back on some kind of food plan.

We don't have any plans for Thursday but we are supposed to have a communion service at church tomorrow night and then we're all going to the fellowship hall and eat and play games, etc. Should be a fun evening.

I have the kids again tomorrow and have to make chili and cake for the evening so if I don't get back in here ...

http://www.memeart.com/images/happynewyear2.gif

Joanne D
12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Hello Everybody.. Well the holidays are almost over.. All my family went back home or other places.. Daughter went camping at St George Island.. In the panhandle. (Fl.)
Happy New Year Everybody,,I don't know how to put the pretty pictures in like Meme and Happy.
It will be quiet here.. I wonder how noisy the neighbors will be?
Joanne

Happy Canuk
12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
http://photos.imageevent.com/happycanuk/noth/hny213121818.gif

Hello.

Mima - my goodness, you do seem to have problems with the renters of that property! I sure hope that Dennis will be alright. What a terrible thing to have happen to him. Jinxed comes to mind. Perhaps selling it IS the right move. Glad you foot has finally stopped hurting.

Meme - as usual, busy, busy. The kids are coming down from the Christmas high - candy, sweets, pop not their usual diet, and less sleep it seems. Makes for cranky ones for sure. I have Ashley with me this week, and she is such a good kid to have around. I hardly know she is here.

JoAnn - Yep, holidays coming to an end - thank goodness. I didn't do to badly through it all and even lost a couple of pounds. Don't know for sure how THAT happened but the scale shows it. I am happy.

Kate - Will hubby start back to work soon? It is sooooo hard to have your routine disrupted. Don't know what I will do when Hans retires. Guess, I'll send him to work part-time :lol:

Candice - Ammonia comes to mind. It's getting the underlay clean that is the problem, because it will just sit there and stink. Glad I have no pets any longer, as they are a lot of work, and as much as I loved them, my back just can't take this.

My kids will be coming on New Year's Day, weather permitting. We have had some really NASTY roads the past month, and they have a 2 hour drive. New Year's Eve will be quiet for us, but I will stay up until MIDNIGHT.

Still have a very bad back. Seems nobody can fix it this time. I guess my next step will be the Dr., and then to a Specialist to see what the heck is going on. It is like a knife sticking into the spine and I really have a hard time bending or getting out of a chair, once I get into it. Also, causing the hip to act up. I will give my chiro another chance to see if he can get some of that pain gone - even just some would be better than this!

I want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of you, and hope the New Year brings, health, happiness and things that are good.

Candicej
12-31-2008, 12:17 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/796538/ny22.gif

I am so tired......too much cleaning up after people and animals and not enough sleep. Had a friend wake me today with a delivery of gifts, she has been trying to get here since we moved in but has been ill. She also has Fibro and runs our local support group. WE visited for hours........

Mima
12-31-2008, 05:16 AM
What a nice surprise for you, Candice. A lot better than cleaning.
Anne, you are right about tenants. Haven't heard anything so we are calling today. One plan is to drain everything down. I hate bothering Dennis's sister but they will have to get the dog out of there. Heat is turned down and water heater shut off. maybe we should just leave it empty til we get home.
I wish we could go with you tonight, Meme-sure sounds like a good time.
Joanne-I guess there is a letdown for you-what a busy time you had. Trying to get my stomache back on track. And I can feel the tree pollen season coming on.
Wow-I found a pair of Dr Scholls sandals in Walmart for $7 in size 5 and a half. Now that I know that sixe fits, i can order online.
Evan coming-rented Horton hears a Who. Mima

Joanne D
12-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Rental property is a pain.. Our son tried that and finally realised that it was too much.. Ofcourse he was in the office full time and still is .
No let down here . I was glad to see family and have them here,but, I was glad to have my quiet too..
I will also stay up for the New Year.. Just me and the hubby asleep by my side.. He may wake up to say Happy New Year... I always call the daughter at that time or she calls me. I used to call the son,but, he said once don't wake me up..
Hello Everybody...
My hubby retired before I did.. Medical reasons.. both of us.. He has no hobbies unless it is the lotto or the tv remote.. I am always busy.. I have to have something to keep me busy in the house.. Reading and handwork mostly.
Ofcourse daily chores are always top of the list..
Joanne

Kate53
12-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Good morning all! Been busy, busy past couple of days. Finally got hubby off his butt to get productive! he washed the venting soffitts and gutters around the house. They oxidize and get black from "fall-out" and such. We found some stuff to brush them down with and rinse with the hose....of course you know my nice clean windows are all spotted and streaked now! Can't win around here....but at least he got something done so I won't complain (too loudly :sssh: ). I just put some turkey meatballs and sauce on for dinner and am getting ready to vacuumn...again! (Just love that white, hairy dog though!)Joanne, I don't know what I will do when hubby retires....maybe move into my own little house? I have gotten so used to my routine and being by myself and sometimes he can annoy me without really trying to. It seems there is a neediness there I never noticed when I was working. I suppose couples who have been together for so long tend to get that way....familiarity or some such thing. Of course, I need to see the other side of this and ask myself "what would I do without him", right? (Gee, give me a minute.....no...only joking ;))
Candice, hope you can get some rest soon. I can be crazy about cleaning too but you need to stop and take a breather once in a while.
Doctor's visit went well yesterday and he is pleased with my continued weight loss....albeit slow but sure. He also gave me some "Celebrex" to try. Anyone out there taking it and what do you think? I tried my first capsule this morning and am not feeling much different yet. Would love to hear from some Celebrex users...
Anne, hope you find some relief soon. The chiro that does the upper cervical manipulations and is just north of me (about 30 miles) does not take any insurances. Guess that leaves me out...at least for now. The only other one is 60 miles south of my location and he doesn't do insurances either. Not sure why but this seems to be the new trend for the chiropractors here....cash business. They do give better rates for their services but I still can't afford $48-50 a visit. My insurance pays for 26 visits a year with a $10 co-pay but I'm sure they pay over $100 to the chiro per visit. I just have to find a good chiro who accepts my in-network insurance! Oh well, hopefully weight loss will help my dilemma by eliminating the need for adjustments? :crossed:
I want to wish all of you a very Happy New Year!!!! :hat:

Candicej
01-01-2009, 01:38 AM
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/796538/43506546-7acc-4f41-9256-9b118259c8bb_Medium.gif

HI kate...My sis tried celebrex and loved it for a bad tennis elbow but she was only on it for a month. They wouldn't put nme on it due to my stomach...I think it works for some......and maybe takes a few to feel it....

Sometimes ya just gotta clean until you drop to get it done...we still have some work left but taking a break for a few days..still hurting..not much sleep tried today but the dog kept barking.....took some tylenol, finished DH's whites and ate a bite, he went to bed...need to give the dog his bath but gonna go through mail and maybe lay down agian abit first. He already has his bathoom dirty but it does not bother him...Men....:dizzy:

Gave myself a pedicure last night and I might loose my big naiol due to dropping something onit several weeks ago..an oak cabinet front fell on it..really sore. But..all the bending hurt my back and hips..trying to reach my toes!LOL Sometimnes this fm things sucks!!!!!! I need to go lay down and the tylenal work I guess before trying any thing else.

Have a great year gals........we deserve it! :celebrate:

Mima
01-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Good morning and happy New Year.
Anne-what about physical therapy. That really helped me and I do the exercises every day.
Evan is here-went to bed at 9 but woke up at 3 remebering I left the steak on the counter. Now I am not sure if I should cook it.
Well, my physical woes continue. I had blood work done last week for insurance and they sent a rush mail pkg saying I needed to contact my doc because my hemoglobin was low. 2 months ago it was perfect. My ch is 241 but my hdl is 92-the fish oil.
Plus some test is high for cancer cells but it said on the net that it would be high if you had ibs which I surely do.
The tenant needs a heart transplant and my stepson with 3 kids got laid off.
So I need to go to the doc again and they will do TESTS=at least I had the colonoscopy already.
I really don't care if I get the insurance.
So I am a little concerned-I am falling apart. One piece at a time. Mima

Kate53
01-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Happy New everyone! Another breezy, cool day in Florida! Cloudy and very cool! Didn't get much sleep last night between the FM and neighborhood fireworks. Finally took two tramadol and fell asleep after 1 am. Candice, I am hoping the Celebrex will work. My doctor didn't mention any time frame for effectiveness. I took my second dose this am thinking it might take a few days to feel better. The tramadol is working "so-so" but I have concerns about taking it now since Meme's post with all those side effects. I don't like the addictive aspect of it. I'll let you know if I notice any difference in a few days. The doctor mentioned that I could use the tramadol as back-up pain management for severe days and that I could take it with the Celebrex if needed. He gave me 15 days of trial packs and if it works, will send in a prescription for me. Mima, was the blood test you are referring to regarding these cancer cells called a CA125? Just curious as I read an article in AARP magazine (I think?) about this particular test being the equivalent to the men's PSA test for prostate cancer screening. It was an article about insurance coverages of routine blood tests and how most insurances will pay for a man's PSA test but not for a woman's CA125 test, which supposedly screens for some type of cancer cells of the ovaries or something. The article was about what blood tests should be included by insurances for routine diagnostic screenings.
Well, going to take it easy today just for sh**s and giggles. Ordered a little ipod from ebay yesterday for $45 so I can download my workout music for the elliptical. Definitely need that for motivation....sometimes 30 minutes on that machine feels like an hour!! :woops:
I hope everyone enjoys the rest of New Year's Day and is blessed with a great year ahead!
Kate

Kate53
01-01-2009, 11:42 AM
FYI for Candice and those interested....looked up Celebrex and it states that it may take a week or more to feel the effects of the medication. Hopefully it will work.

Joanne D
01-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I hope that celebrex doesnt effect you like it did me. I have a problem with ulcers.. I guess from taking so many arthritis meds over the years.. I can't take anything now but darvocet or tylonal based..
We had a quiet night last night. We watched the ball go down and then to bed..The neighbors were popping the firecrackers most of the night. I heard some that sounded like guns..
Joanne

Kate53
01-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Joanne, have you noticed how different it is in Florida with Halloween and Christmas? Those seem to be the two biggest holidays here and most everyone decorates to the nines! And what's with the fireworks for New Years? I've only experienced that for the 4th of July....strange happenings here in the south, at least for me. Don't know if I will ever get used to the lifestyle here. So far so good with the Celebrex...no stomach issues as yet. I do take it with breakfast to minimize the chances of it. Off to walk her royal highness. She was pretty good in the barking department last night for a change. I actually got to sleep 6 whole hours (once I got there)!! Whoopie! Have a nice evening folks.
Kate

Joanne D
01-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Kate , For me there is nothing different.. I was born in Charston S.C. I have lived in Florida since I was a few months old..That is 75 years... I know things must seem strange to people who move down in retirement or close to it.. The only decorating I do is Christmas and that is not much the "younger" I get.My hubby was born right here in Tarpon Springs of greek parents from the Island of Spetis..So we are a rare breed. Floridians.
Hello Everybody.
Joanne

Happy Canuk
01-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Hi.

Kate - I am taking Celebrex - have been for 3 months now, but I think I am going to stop as I don't notice it does anything. If you have ANY heart problems, don't take it. My pharmacist told me it would take at LEAST 7 days before I would notice any changes. I will stop it and see if I notice more pain. Hard to tell, as my back is not getting better. I need to get myself back to see my chiro, but with the holidays in there it has been hard to get there. He isn't in tomorrow.

Mima - I have tried pt but my body doesn't repond to it at all. I have had so much of it, but it is quite useless to me. My specialist advised that I go to a chiro as they move the Facet Joints the best. The problem is, my chiro (the upper cervical) doesn't do any manipulation, so he won't move it, unless he can use the Activator to do it.

Candice - hope you fall asleep for 2 days and get rested up.

JoAnn - I hear you about the peace and quiet. Today, my daughter and son and their families came. The first bunch arrived at 10:00 a.m. and the last ones left at 9:00 p.m., so it has been a busy, noisy day, as kids are involved :lol:

My cousin and her hubby came for NY eve. We played cards, had a couple of Irish Coffee's and saw the NY in. Went to bed at 1:30 a.m. I am kind of tired tonight, as it was a busy day.

I wish you all the best in the New Year.

MemeToo
01-02-2009, 02:28 AM
I tried Celebrex but it messed my stomach up. Most of that stuff does. I have the same problems Joanne does.

I'm trying to get off Topamax because of the ringing in my ears. The ringing isn't getting any better but the fibro pain is getting so bad I can barely move without hurting somewhere. I'm now wondering if the Topamax has been helping with the pain. I'd also like to get off it because I've developed Glaucoma since I've been on it and that is one of the side effects. Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease ... what to do.

We took down the rest of the Christmas decorations and got the house almost back to normal today. I have about 15 people coming over Saturday night (oh why oh why did I do that!) so I'm going to have to do some extra cleaning & cooking. Have to get groceries and nails done tomorrow and have Praise Team Practice Sat. morning. I really need my life to slow down! Maybe next week. Also going to have to stop eating the things I've been putting into my mouth. (I'm sure I'll have withdrawal!) :p Oh well, it's a new year, anything's possible!

Mima
01-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Good morning-all our decorations are down-didn't put up that much so it was easy. That Evan was sp good-he wanted to know how old people would be this year so I had to tell them how old they are now and he would say their next number-he is so fascinated with numbers. He goes to a Montessori preschool and he also can read some and spell.
Going to call doc at 8 and see if I can get in today. This is making me nervous. Wonder how many tests he can come up wuth.
That blood test for cancer was one they use to see if you have a reoccurence of stomache cancer. If it's positive it doesn't mean you have it, if it's negative, it doesn;t mean you don't. Can be elevated if you have ibs .
Have no idea why they gave it. The insurance co paid for all the tests.
I am sure I can't take celebrex-I am sort of used to only taking tylenol in the morning.
Chiro today. I am probably going to cancel my pt. The other day I had to use my inhaler after the bike but now I know the shortness of breath was from my bike. Maybe my thyroid med is too low-haven't had that checked in a while.
I am going to be a hypochondriac although I am probaby already there. Mima

Kate53
01-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Good morning everyone! Well, 3rd day of Celebrex and I don't feel any different yet! I do believe that workout on my elliptical the other day may have caused this recent flare-up. That will teach me to be more conservative when starting back to exercises! I can't believe how sore and stiff I feel...
Mima, I do hope you find this was just an IBS thing and nothing more than that...it seems you have more than your share of health issues to deal with. I know how it feels to have that "one more thing" added to the daily grind. I was sent to an Ophthamologist for "IOP" (intra-occular pressure) a few years ago and have been using Xalatan drops evey night since. It was explained as a preglaucoma condition and is hereditary. Looks like I will be using these drops for the rest of my life to avoid any complications...and thank God for my insurance as this script is not cheap! I do hope things go your way this time.
I can't help but wonder what it is about the SB diet that has been so terrific for my IBS symptoms. I have not had any problems since adopting this new way of eating. I am assuming the elimination of refined flours and sugars must be the secret. Whatever it is, I am grateful to be feeling this well stomach-wise and it will hopefully become a habit-forming experience I can live with.
I will be getting my share of company soon. I am honestly not looking forward to it as enthusiastically as I have in the past. Wonder why that is?
I need to find some South Beach friendly lunch menus for hubby that he can eat while driving his truck. He's having a hard time finding satisfying lunches that he can eat while actually on the road or while sitting in his truck. Salads just don't do it for him and he's scoffing at eating sandwich-style "wraps". Why do dieting men have to be so difficult??:dizzy: I hope everyone enjoys the day....off to finish my filing and year end projects.
Kate

Mima
01-03-2009, 05:36 AM
I would think it would be best to pack a lunch-more control over what you eat.
Doc sent me for a more detailed blood test and I also showed him a little spot? On my abdomen so it's off to the skin doc. I really need to be checked anyways=I had skin cancer a couple of years ago.
He also prescribed hemax which Walmart had to order. Iron plus C and Colace.
Stipid cancer test to be ignored.
Chiro was a waste of time-he adjusted me according to my xrays and did electrical stimulation. I had to pay 75-Medicare only covers the adjustment. I felt good til I loaded the dishwasher. I am spoiled. My chiro does everything for his Medicare payment, including accupuncture.
No more word on tenant.
Art league meeting this am-we are getting ready for our Art show.
Fats really set my ibs off-also the wheat and milk. I would guess the fat elimination would be the beneficial thing.
Bye for now Mima-I will bet my next test would be an endiocopy because I have been getting a lot of heartburn.

Kate53
01-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Good morning all....a beautiful day here in Florida today. We're going to power wash the patio area around the pool so we can have a nice clean place to entertain! Oh joy!:beach: Mima, my hubby does pack his lunch which usually is a sandwich (or two) hard boiled eggs, string cheese type "thingys", a piece of fruit and some pistaschios. The problem is he won't eat whole grain bread or pita bread. He likes pita bread but we can't find a fresh source here...it's always stale which he can't get passed. He also needs something relatively easy to consume as he is usually on the road, shifting and driving while eating. I've told him he needs to find a place to stop and eat quietly, to enjoy the meal and he won't feel so rushed and unsatisfied. It doesn't always work out for him that way though. He also needs to be more physically active. Sitting in a truck all day driving is not physical...and he has OA in both knees so it hurts when he tries to exercise. He definitely needs another "rinse and vac" from an orthopeadic. This will be the 3rd time for him.They don't want to do knee replacements until he gets some weight off his frame. Catch 22 here...
Well, off to powerwash...and then wash the slider doors that I am sure will get messed up from all this! I swear, this housework never seems to end! Making a pork tenderloin stuffed with mushrooms and apples for tonight. It's topped with braised onions and apples. Hope it turns out yummy, first time for this recipe. Enjoy the day everyone!
Kate

Candicej
01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
don't know much..... just hello....bad headache for a few days.....then my son ran me to the srore..have't been out in along while. More snow coming next Tues. I guesss........ I get my orthotics Mon, ..... Sure hope they help.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/796538/01-02-09_0137[1].jpg

Mima
01-04-2009, 05:29 AM
Where are you getting the orthotics, Candice? I got mine from a shoe store but they are not conformed to MY foot-but they sure make a difference. Hope yours do.
I understand about hubby, Kate. He does need to stop for lunch-even if it's only 20 minutes but... Brad doesn't have a weight problem, but he has diabetes, he rides his bike but not long enough. He is trying. Bad knees sure get in the way of exercising.
Got my prescription for Hemax finally from Walgreens-no one had it. Had to pay 30 because it wasn't covered. If it works, I will pay even more. I feel like I am in a fog most of the time.
Going to leave at 7:30 for church. I have been sleeping longer so that works.
Yummy sounding pork roast.
Has anyone bought the frozen chicken breasts by Tyson-the pieces are wrapped individually. They are awesome-always tender. We got them at BJ's.
We invited lady acroos the street for supper last night-her husband is in rehab for his knee. It was nice but then she didn't leave and I was so tired so I put on my boot and went on the couch. I know she is lonely.
Bye Mima

Kate53
01-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Good morning everyone. That pork tenderloin dish was not all that terrific....very boring tasting. I will have to make a sauce of some kind to use up the leftovers. Oh well, trial and error. Had a nice visit with a very old friend from Vermont yesterday evening. Looking forward to a quiet day today with just a few chores to finish up. Weather has been terrific past few days and actually feels warmer today...hubby had to put shorts on! Neighbor behind us sprayed some horrendous chemical all over her back ditch area last evening and forced everyone to flee into their houses. Not sure what she is trying to accomplish or what she used but it was nasty!! Still smelling it this morning and have to keep the back sliders closed. Wish we could find an uncomplicated area to live in....preferably without close neighbors! Hope everyone enjoys their day.
Kate

Happy Canuk
01-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Good morning.

Mima - nice that you had your neighbor over for dinner. I guess you probably were more helpful to her than you knew, as she had company. It must not be nice to feel lonely. I don't usually have any chance to get that way :lol: Glad you got your meds, now lets pray they work.

Kate - the combo on that roast sounded so good. try putting a mustard sauce on the side, or get some hot chili pepper jelly and that SHOULD spice it up a bit. My hubby drove for years as well. Thankfully, he loves Rye bread. He never stopped for lunch either. He would take 1.5 sandwiches, fruit and that is it. He would stop and buy a juice when he got to one of the depots. He got lots of exercise however, unloading the truck. Now he is inside and decided he wanted to do Atkins as that one works for him. He only needs to lose about 20-25 pounds.

Hope the "smell" doesn't make you sick. Can't tolerate them myself any longer. Smelly candles, perfume, cleaning products all cause my sinuses to get in a snit. I sure try to stay away from them.

Candice - your little snowpeople are cute. Hope that headache goes away. The weather people were talking about the weather around the world and say that the melting of the Arctic water, may be responsible to it . It is melting very quickly.

My foot hurts. It seems that the pad under my toe, next to the big toe, is swollen for some reason, and it is throwing my toe out of alignment and causing it to hurt like heck. Have no idea why it would be swollen. No callus, no cut, no nothing! I guess I will have to go see about THAT next. My goodness, it just keeps going on and on. My back is still not good either. Doesn't seem to be responding to any kind of treatment.

I will go to see the chiro again tomorrow, and I may just run to see the Dr. today about my foot, as it is hard to walk.

Hope you all have a nice day.

Candicej
01-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Happy..the kids gave me those snowmen a few years back, haven't put stuff away yet but am kinda tired of the snow stuff already..to much out side this year.LOL (jsut sanpped the pic with my cell phone so it is not real clear..still do nat have a digital...can't decide what I want.LOL YOu can get an inflamation in your foot, is it on top or the bottom of our toe? There are all kinds of joints and ligiments in the foot. My DH needs to loose 20 too but does not want to.

KATE.....I love pork and Happy's idea for sauce sounds great. I think I would be asking what she sprayed!

Mima...the foot doc made mine, he said he adjusted the mold to help my faciitis, insurance will pay part of them...1000.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a pair that are 20 years old and he thought they were broken down. My legs thighs and calves have really been hurting too..that fall on the ice I had really did a # on me I think.....

HI tam and Meme.....:)

Mima
01-05-2009, 05:28 AM
Well -so far mine seem ok but I wil have to go back to doc next week and go from there. Actually, one of the PT guys was telling me about a cheaper gel one that you set in the microwave. He had a sample.
We are fortunate-we live really close to people here but there are so many rules that it is very nice.
Don't know if it's my imagination, but I started to feel better. Get a stomache pain once in a while, but it goes away. Doc gets new blood work today.
We went to a restaurant last night that was advertised on tv-def not worth it. They seasoned the scallops Brad had-told the waitress and they said you could get them plain. But they didn't say that first. We New Englanders do not like our scallops seasoned-hard to get good fish here but I did have some great broiled grouper somewhere else/
Anne-I think that the back throws off the foot. It causes you to walk unevenly.
Dennis is still in the hospital-they are getting the fluid out. Brad may go back home and shut down the heat and drain the pipes. We found out that Dennis bought a different vehicle-wonder if he spent some of the rent money? Well, we have his last month's rent to cover what he owes.
Have to get back to PT-I am hurting because I ate wheat and an ice cream cone from McDonald's. Yummy.
Bye for now-Mima

Kate53
01-05-2009, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Finally have hubby back at work so it is nice and peaceful around here! Almost too good to be true....:dance:
Mima, while we do have relatively little space between houses where I live, it is not a "gated" community. What we have is city code enforcers with a set of ordinances that are supposed to be adhered to. The key word here is "adhered to". I am sure every nice neighborhood has it's share of yahoos that think they can do as they please. Yes, I could report this property owner to code enforcement but I feel that enough of the neighbors may have said something to her that she will not spray this stuff around again. If she does, then I will take a different course. There's always a few of those neighbors who do inconsiderate things, like park on your lawn, let their dogs poop in your yard and not pick it up, spray chemicals around their yard on a windy day....you get the drift. As my mom used to say...."Chickens come home to roost..." I'll just be patient and watch for those chickens.:D
The celebrex doesn't seem to be that effective for me. Don't really notice enough of an improvement to add it to my pill repitoire. I'll take it a few more days and see if that changes.
I looked up that instep pain I was (am) having and based on the symptoms it mentioned a possible cause could be stenosis of the lumber spine and/or cervical spine. I have both! Must be connected to a nerve path that affects that part of my foot. I'm going to try some basic yoga stretches and see if I can open things up a bit. Anyone ever bought a dvd for the TV on yoga?
Well, I have walked the "Queen", had breakfast and now I feel like I should get something accomplished....but it just feels so quiet and relaxing to have the house back.....ahhhhhh! Hope everyone enjoys their day!
Kate

Happy Canuk
01-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Please, don't post here - go to Fibro #180