Weight Loss Surgery - panniculectomy/tummy tuck and Idaho Medicaid

betteroffw5
12-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Hello everyone! My name is, Heather. I am new to this site. I had roux-en-y in Aug. I have lost over 80lbs and am noticing that my pannus is really starting to get worse it is very large and uncomfortable. I had an umbilical hernia repair a couple of years ago and have had 5 children, 2 were C-sections. I was wondering if any of you out there have been on Medicaid and had a tummy tuck or panniculectomy covered? If so who did it and how hard was it to get it covered? I would be grateful for any information you can pass my way.

missangelaks
12-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I would love to know that answer to that too! I have Medi Medi and don't know if it's covered.

OnTargetforLife
12-12-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Heather,

Your primary care physician should either know the policy on coverage for these procedures in your state or be able to send a precertification request to Medicaid for you.

Sometimes there are several "levels" of review that have to be gone thru and I believe untimately you can appeal to your state's department of insurance if you feel you are being denied a medically necessary procedure.

There should also be a member assistance number on your medicaid card that you can also call for answers.

Congratulations on your weight loss success! :carrot:

Deb