Weight Loss Support - The stuff they don't tell you!

View Full Version : The stuff they don't tell you!

junebug41
12-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Inspired by the "bottom" thread and Mandalinn's post re: bruised hips, I started thinking about all the stuff that came as a surprise to me during my weightloss journey and beyond.

Are there things that have surpised you along the way? What did no one tell you that you came to learn?

In addition to new bones and having to pay attention so I didn't break them:

I didn't know that working out regularly would make me sleep better and I would actually be awake in the mornings (not just eyes open, but functional and happy).

Shannon in ATL
12-11-2008, 12:38 PM
I didn't know that changing my diet was going to make me lose my taste for sugar and cream in my coffee. I still have to have 1tsp of sugar and 1tbsp of cream, but used to have 5-6 cream and 10-12 packs of sugar. (Also, sugar in tea, same thing...)

Also, on the same lines as the 'bottom' thread - I sit lower in my car seat, desk chair, movie theater seats, seats at the Fox. I'm guessing it is because I have less booty boosting me up! :) Went to see Wicked a few weeks ago and could barely see over the person in front of me. I was sitting lower than normal, and this person had a large booty so was sitting several inches higher than the same height person next to her...

Meg
12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I didn't know that I would develop "caves" in my armpits and have a devil of a time trying to shave them! :lol:

Horo
12-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I have the same experience with sleeping; it's usually impossible for me to fall to sleep at night (I swear, if I could, I would stay up 24/7) unless I get myself completely exhausted with a workout or otherwise. That's another great reason for exercise: getting a good night of sleep and actually feeling refreshed in the morning.

One thing that surprised me was that some of the foods I used to enjoy would begin to taste repulsiveto me after a while of eating mostly healthier foods. For instance, I would not eat potato chips at this point even if someone payed me.

This is an interesting thread idea, I like it. :)

JulieJ08
12-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Fabulous topic.

I wanted to tame my sweet tooth and appetite, I just didn't *really* believe it would happen. I'm thrilled.

junebug41
12-11-2008, 12:42 PM
I didn't know that I would develop "caves" in my armpits and have a devil of a time trying to shave them! :lol:

That's a biggie. Also, my razor blades last longer. Less surface area:lol:.

And related, I didn't know that I would learn to use less of everything. Body wash, perfume, make-up, etc... And I don't think that necessarily has to do with surface area, but that I learned that more wasn't necessarily better (especially with perfume ;))

junebug41
12-11-2008, 12:44 PM
And also related to a new thread on the page-

No one told me that I would DREAD the freezer section of the grocery store.

Someone get me a sweater! I'm cold all the time.

mandalinn82
12-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Me too on the sleep thing!

They didn't tell me that my focus would be so much better. Not sure if that's the exercise or the weight...

They didn't tell me that I'd drop shoe sizes! I am so TICKLED by that!

They also didn't tell me that, on Southwest flights where you choose your seat, I'll never have an empty seat next to me again. Seems everyone wants to sit next to the normal-sized girl. When I was heavy, I always thought it was my lack of eye contact and/or buckled seatbelt that kept the seat next to me vacant. Turns out it was the size of my butt...no one wanted to be crammed in next to me!

mandalinn82
12-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh yes, ditto on the need for blankets and socks ALL the time.

Also, no one told me that I'd end up doing fewer loads of laundry because my clothes would take up less space.

dixied
12-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Shannon - I'm so jealous, I love the Wicked soundtrack, but I've never seen it live.

I was telling someone this morning how I was rubbing my upper arms last night trying to keep warm while the dog was finishing her business, and I felt this strange bump running up and down my arms. I went and looked in the mirror thinking it must have been where the seam in my shirt had creased my skin. DH asked what I was doing, so I explained. He started laughing, and finally told me...it's where I'm finally getting some muscles in my arms built up, I was feeling the line of my muscles. I probably spent 20 minutes flexing in front of the mirror after that. You can't see the muscle, but I can feel it.

Also, no one warned me that working out was addictive. A day without the gym is now what I used to feel like when I went a few hours without chocolate. If I had to give up one of those things, gym or chocolate for the rest of my life, I'd choose to give up chocolate.

junebug41
12-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Fabulous topic.

I wanted to tame my sweet tooth and appetite, I just didn't *really* believe it would happen. I'm thrilled.

Yup! I always thought I would scour the earth for a constant sugar source. I now know that I can control my "need" for sugar and refined carbs- that removing them from my daily intake would do the trick!

sweet_talker
12-11-2008, 12:54 PM
That you can be a smaller size but weigh more because muscle takes up so much less room :)

Shannon in ATL
12-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Dixied - it was phenomenal! Even with having to shift back and forth the whole time to see! :) (BTW: If you haven't read the liner notes, read them! There is A LOT of dialogue not on the soundtrack, some of which is pivotal to the storyline.) I had the same thing as you happen with my arms - I was rubbing them for warmth also, as a matter of fact, and thought I must have bruised my upper arm above my elbow and had a knot on it. Turns out it was little baby muscle! Had a similar dent on the outside of my thighs that I didn't understand. Cool though! :)

Ditto to the gym - no one told me I would feel rundown and icky on the days I didn't exercise...

junebug41
12-11-2008, 12:57 PM
No one told me that just because you are a size 6,8, or 10 in one store doesn't mean you will be in another store. And furthermore, just because you can fit into that size 8 does not mean you look good in it (hello, muffin top!)

I admit, I went a little nuts when I hit a certain size and now have an interesting collection of clothes that just do not fit me well (but they button!).

junebug41
12-11-2008, 12:58 PM
That you can be a smaller size but weigh more because muscle takes up so much less room :)

Totally.

WarMaiden
12-11-2008, 01:02 PM
I knew that removing sugar from my diet would, over time, cause sweet things to taste SOOOOO much sweeter to me, since I'd given up sugar before.

But I don't remember it previously changing my salt tastes as well. Salty things are now SO salty, and I need much less salt added to my food while cooking--nearly none now.

CandyKisses0204
12-11-2008, 01:05 PM
I never thought that i could actually eat 1-2 pieces of pizza and be satisfied. Well actually 1-2 pieces of anything...brownies, bowl of ice cream, tacos..... HmMm I always thought i would just die of starvation if i didnt get that second helping

mandalinn82
12-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Also, no one told me that, unlike when I was a plus size, I will find many items that fit me in a store, and therefore do NOT need to buy something that I don't LOVE just because "it fits!".

PhotoChick
12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
No one told me I'd be able to fit enough clothes for 4 days in my small suitcase and still have room left over.

No one told me that I'd ever be able to throw away food or walk away from leftovers in a restaurant without guilt.

No one told me that I'd crave exercise like I used to crave potato chips.

No one told me that I'd want to train to run a 5k.

No one told me that I would feel healthier - I was already pretty healthy to begin with.

No one told me that one day I wouldn't "match" my ID and people would doubletake. :)

JackieRn
12-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Shannon - I'm so jealous, I love the Wicked soundtrack, but I've never seen it live.

I was telling someone this morning how I was rubbing my upper arms last night trying to keep warm while the dog was finishing her business, and I felt this strange bump running up and down my arms. I went and looked in the mirror thinking it must have been where the seam in my shirt had creased my skin. DH asked what I was doing, so I explained. He started laughing, and finally told me...it's where I'm finally getting some muscles in my arms built up, I was feeling the line of my muscles. I probably spent 20 minutes flexing in front of the mirror after that. You can't see the muscle, but I can feel it.

Also, no one warned me that working out was addictive. A day without the gym is now what I used to feel like when I went a few hours without chocolate. If I had to give up one of those things, gym or chocolate for the rest of my life, I'd choose to give up chocolate.

I can relate to the gym over chocolate thing, I can't believe how long I have gone without craving it and how I have to talk myself into a rest day from exercise.

CandyKisses0204
12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
No one told me that the grilled chicken salad i just ate with out any dressing would ever be so satisfying. I always thought i would need to drench it in dressing.

Thighs Be Gone
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
I didn't know my shoe size would go UP! I went from a 8.5 reg. to a 9.5N! The New Balance store said it's common when a sedentary person gets active?

I wasn't (and still am not) prepared for men--even attractive ones--looking at me.

I haven't seen a certain friend for over six months now. The other day I walked into her store and she looked up at me and then continued reading. She didn't know it was ME. I wasn't prepared for that either.

rockinrobin
12-11-2008, 05:49 PM

Oh yeah, I DO wish someone would have told me about this. I didn't what the heck was going on. I was a bit frightened by it, in fact. I never get a good shave anymore. It's simply impossible to get in there. They need to develop a narrower head on the shaver. When I go to the beach, I actually have to ask one of my daughters help me to shave.

No one told me lots of stuff. Just a few that come to mind:

That I could actually gain control.
That just because there's food there (available) - doesn't mean that I HAVE to eat it.
That I could live without ice cream and nothing terrible would happen to me.
That exercise is not the devil.
That by elminating practically all added sugars, my tastes for them would greatly, GREATLY diminish.
That my tastes would change andI would actually crave healthy foods.
That shopping would be so much fun.
That I would have so much extra room in my underwear drawer. Small sizes take up waaaay less space.
That being thin feels better then any of that "stuff" ever tasted.

And the biggest one of all:

That I had the ability to lose weight the whole time. The whole freakin' time. That I was CAPABLE of it.

PhotoChick
12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Oh, here's another one:

That I could have a box of homemade chocolate truffles sitting on the table next to me and not feel like I had to eat all of them RIGHT NOW.

rockinrobin
12-11-2008, 06:07 PM
I got another couple too -

That I could actually go to the Pharmacy without buying a candy bar at the check out.
That just because I wanted to eat something, didn't mean that I HAD to eat something.

Man I wish I would've known some of these earlier. ;)

PrettyPaula
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
ya know, i really think the body can get addicted to exercise very quickly. i start off hating it, not wanting to do it, but now im thinking about what to do tomorrow after ive finished today.

mandalinn82
12-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Oh, that's a good one!

Losing weight doesn't fix all of your problems!

Also, unfortunately, be prepared to deal with some drama as people adjust to the new you.

junebug41
12-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Also, unfortunately, be prepared to deal with some drama as people adjust to the new you.

No one mentioned a thing about that, but lo and behold. And be prepared to explain the difference between "obsession" and "dedication" ;)

No one told me I would become a total lightweight. One glass of wine and ... thud.

mandalinn82
12-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Can we print it on business cards?

"Thank you for your concern! I love my new life so much, and intend to stick with it pretty much forever. And I'm happy about that! So maybe now that I've found MY new life, you can get one too!"

(Ooh, I'm snarky today..)

junebug41
12-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Inspired from another thread (again):

Your stomach shrinks. Incredible.

junebug41
12-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Can we print it on business cards?

"Thank you for your concern! I love my new life so much, and intend to stick with it pretty much forever. And I'm happy about that! So maybe now that I've found MY new life, you can get one too!"

(Ooh, I'm snarky today..)

:lol:

That would certainly make it easier for dinner out with friends, Christmas parties, family reunions...

CountingDown
12-11-2008, 07:41 PM
That I would get tired of hearing, "you REALLY shouldn't lose any more weight - you are DONE, aren't you?"

Interestingly, the person saying this is always someone who is trying to lose weight (unsuccessfully) themselves.

kittycat40
12-11-2008, 08:06 PM

OMG, me too!! so funny...it's really frustrating :p

Edited to add the craving of exercise. Just recently I mentioned that I felt like I had turned a real corner because of just that need.

Thighs Be Gone
12-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Hey, I don't think your stomach shrinks. I have always read that since it's a muscle it just expands and contracts is all. Are ya'll just poking fun?

junebug41
12-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey, I don't think your stomach shrinks. I have always read that since it's a muscle it just expands and contracts is all. Are ya'll just poking fun?

:lol: Well no, not in the way surgery literally shrinks it, but it deflates and I swear my "full button" goes off a LOT sooner. Before, I could eat 4+ cups of pasta (and sauce) and be full, but not painfully so. Now, that's not the case (not that I couldn't, but it would most definitely hurt now).

jahjah1223
12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
My posture , i used to be a hunchback :(

But now my back is straight as EVER and my shoulder actually stick out and have no fat on them! whew! not to mention my 4 pack :D

midwife
12-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I never knew that my organs don't take up THAT much room. I thought that my middle was thicker from intestines, stomach, etc., than it actually is. I turn sideways and I wonder where the heck all of my innards fit these days.

I never knew I had muscles....I mean I have triceps, and abs, and biceps, and calves, just like all those healthy fit people.

I never knew it was FUN to sprint and that finishing a run gives you the best feeling ever.

I never knew my bones were so fine....my shoulders and hips are narrower than I ever could have guessed. I always blamed my size on big bones and those doggone internal organs :lol:. I am actually a rather slender person once you strip away 50+ pounds of fat. Who woulda thunk?

I never knew that obesity is NOT always genetic. Just cause your parents are obese doesn't mean you need to be.

I never knew fitness and health were choices for me.

Every day I am so grateful that my body can adapt and change. How lucky we are that we are made in such a way that we can undo some-most-all* of the damage from obesity.

* I know some of us having lasting reminders, but WOW the resilience of our bodies is astonishing!

Ookpik
12-12-2008, 02:18 AM
I never thought I'd develop a taste for plain water, and salad...two things I couldn't stand before.

I never thought I'd stop craving Pepsi...I have Diet Pepsi once in a while, but regular Pepsi tastes "funny" to me now.

I never thought I'd drive past a fast food restaurant and not give it a second thought...I used to drop in often and get something on my way home from work, but now I drive by and barely realize it's there.

Tomato
12-12-2008, 06:24 AM

I wasn't told that either! I am at the gym 6 days a week and I get really miffed if, for some reason, I cannot go. I have to admit that by pure luck I picked the best gym in town, which is not helping my addiction at all. :D

Having said that, I will have to less without gym tonight as I have to get groceries and start cracking - I have an afternoon Christmas party tomorrow at my house (just a close circle of girlfriends) - I am still not sure what I am going to make for lunch. And tomorrow, because each of us lives in a different town (we keep meeting at different locations to that it not always the same person who has the longest drive) and two will have a hour long drive home, we have to start early (they don't like to drive after dark) and I am giving up my Zumba class tomorrow. :( But I will be at the gym early to do some weights, and then I have a core class, so I will get my usual dose of endorphins.:smug:

MBN
12-12-2008, 07:09 AM
No one told me that:
-- I would be freezing all of the time ... except when having hot flashes. :o
-- my boobs would shrink this much and I would (occasionally) miss my butt padding (chairs/benches can be very HARD now)
-- I would have to find all new clothing stores, because my customary shops didn't carry clothing sizes small enough !?
-- At my age, I could still progress physically to the point that I am in the BEST shape of my life ... faster, stronger, leaner! I can improve further, I don't know where my potential ends. What a revelation! All it takes is consistency, dedication and hard work -- and I can do that!

This journey has taught me that there are STILL new possibilities to explore out there, you are never too old and it is never too late. When I was heavier, I shut myself off from the possibilities out of fear. The fear is sometimes still there, but I believe in my ability to overcome it, if I just take the first steps and try. Grand adventure still awaits .....

MonteCristo
12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
No one told me that...
...My fat was an awesome insulator. While I've had to wear extra layers for the winter, I can't wait to see how much better I feel this summer!
...My bones are very sensitive. I don't know if this is normal, or if mine just got "soft" from the cushioning. :D

dixied
12-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I never knew my bones were so fine....

I sat thru a green light a copule days ago becuase I was busy staring at/examining my wrist. I don't recall my wrists being so delicate looking before I gained all the weight, but now it looks to me like they might break at any given moment. They are so tiny, but still capable of picking up weights.

Extasee58865
12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
I didn't know that it was possible to see your feet when you look down without having to slightly bend forward to see over your stomach! :-) I didn't know that my level of self-esteem would increase with every single pound that I lost...

jenguin
12-13-2008, 06:24 PM
I didn't know that it would take so long for my self-image to catch up with my weight loss. I still look in the mirror sometimes and am surprised at the thinner face looking back at me.

Diva
12-13-2008, 09:57 PM
And also related to a new thread on the page-

No one told me that I would DREAD the freezer section of the grocery store.

Someone get me a sweater! I'm cold all the time.

I am going back and forth from 18 to 22 lbs lost so far but I am already colder than I have ever been! I used to LOVE winter, but I am so wishing this cold would go away already! I am always cold, especially about an hour or so after working out.

Hey dixied! What's up girl? I am totally addicted to working out and I get downright "moody" if I miss a day, let alone 2 days in a row...Watch out people!!!! :devil: As a matter of fact, I am joining my Community Center for my little hole in the Wall GYM for a Christmas present to myself!!!! My GYM there is the best kept "secret" in town!

I knew that removing sugar from my diet would, over time, cause sweet things to taste SOOOOO much sweeter to me, since I'd given up sugar before.

But I don't remember it previously changing my salt tastes as well. Salty things are now SO salty, and I need much less salt added to my food while cooking--nearly none now.

Things tatse especially salty and sweet to me anymore too. I find that so weird...

I didn't know that it was possible to see your feet when you look down without having to slightly bend forward to see over your stomach! :-) I didn't know that my level of self-esteem would increase with every single pound that I lost...

HA! With every pound lost, I get more and more sassy and outspoken. Just ask my dude! ;)

Ija
12-13-2008, 10:10 PM
Add me to the always-freezing column... a year ago I had no problem handing the cold New England winter, and on occasion even substituted a hoodie for an actual coat. Nowadays, even when I bundle up tight (two shirts, thick sweatshirt, knee-length down coat, scarf, hat, gloves, etc.) I'm cold even before I leave my apartment. My space heater and electric blanket have become my closest friends. I had no idea it would be this bad!

Ditto for dropping shoe sizes, weird...

Also, nobody ever told me that I would lose weight in "pockets" rather than gradually shrink all over.

TheTinGirl
12-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Lol I was at my worst sometime last year where I'd drink a whole 2 liter of mountain dew a day, yikes! Since I'm diabetic my blood sugar would spike and I'd be sweating in 60 degree weather. Now I'm freezing! So I feel you guys there.

My biggest surprise I guess was just...how easy it is to do now that I've started. Nothing goes into my shopping cart unless I read the lable, and we VERY RARELY go out to eat anymore when we used to always go out. And I'm saving about 60 bucks a week. :D

And I love working out. I don't know when that happened at all...

Star2Be
12-14-2008, 02:22 PM
This is such a great thread! All of these things are soooo true, too. I wish someone had told me about them before I started--especially the cold thing! I am ALWAYS freezing now, hehe.

Another thing--no one told me about fluctuations, or that the typical "1.5 lb/wk" model is NOT the same for everyone. I've had weeks where I've lost as much as 6 lbs, usually in a typical OP week I'll lose about 3 lbs, and there have been at least a couple weeks where I haven't lost anything at all! And no one told me that I could actually lose weight this quickly... I was sure that it would take me at least a year to get to this point!

Schumeany
12-14-2008, 02:44 PM
No one told me that my very good, almost 15 year marriage was going to get even better. I swear, now that both of us have lost over 40 pounds each, we keep eyeing each other like a couple of teenagers...and with three kids in the house, we have gotten very creative.

Meg
12-14-2008, 02:48 PM
:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

rockinrobin
12-14-2008, 06:02 PM
No one told me that my very good, almost 15 year marriage was going to get even better. I swear, now that both of us have lost over 40 pounds each, we keep eyeing each other like a couple of teenagers...and with three kids in the house, we have gotten very creative.

So true! I've got three not so little kids in the house. Sometimes that makes is even MORE difficult.

Hubby is beyond, beyond, BEYOND thrilled with the new and ummm, shall we say slighter version of me. I gotta tell you though- I'm am for sure feeling more - feminine - and sex-ier then ever. And DH doesn't mind one little bit.

If only they wouldv'e told me. If only they wouldv'e told me. ;)

fatmad
12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
yes, indeed, my stomach has shrunk. I thought having these smaller servings would mean hunger for life. Now, I feel stuffed much sooner, and prefer to feel just sated, not full. It takes so much less to get there.
Looking forward to feeling cold again.

junebug41
12-14-2008, 08:40 PM
I didn't know that it would take so long for my self-image to catch up with my weight loss. I still look in the mirror sometimes and am surprised at the thinner face looking back at me.

This was far and away the biggest shock to me. I thought I would just cruise through this experience relatively unscathed, but I was shocked to discover that I lost weight, but my brain did not.

Last spring I was working on a film set and caught myself on film during post production. The cameras we used were super high definition and picked up every little flaw. When I saw myself, 4 years after entering this journey, I realized that this was the first time I didn't flinch- I didn't expect to see someone who was fat or thin. For the first time I just saw me.

CyndiM
12-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Add me to the always cold group. And I was the person telling other people they had no blood because I was always hot!

I'm not big boned! I thought I was, just like everyone else in my family.

I need a pillow to take a bath. that tub is HARD! Sitting on anything hard is actually unpleasant.

I can cross my legs! Speaking of that - pants don't automatically wear out in the inner thighs first.

As others have said - exercise is addictive and I really miss it when I skip a day. Really!

Diva
12-14-2008, 10:03 PM
BUMP!

tryingitagain
12-15-2008, 06:48 AM
Good Morning!! I know this isn't what you started looking for,,,But wanted to let you all know how inspireing it is to read your posts!!! Thanks!!! I needed that this morning....Pat

kestrel
12-15-2008, 02:32 PM
As I was sitting here reading this thread just now, I got an email from my mom. When I first started Weight Watchers in mid-September she was very supportive, she has about 5 lbs that she wants to lose herself (we live on opposite sides of the country). Now that I'm plugging on along and have lost 30 lbs (something I'm very proud of), her only response is "don't lose too much weight, I'm worried you're going to lose too much".

I feel like a lot of my family (not my DH, he's great) are supportive of the idea of me losing weight, but not so supportive of it really happening.

mandalinn82
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
They don't tell you that "strong" becomes such a wonderful compliment. Honestly, I get more of a rush being called "strong" than "pretty" or even "sexy".

WarMaiden
12-15-2008, 03:11 PM
You know, I had been realizing that I'm colder this winter than I normally have been. But also I thought that it was just a colder-than-average winter, because my husband has been really cold all the time too. But, DUH, he has also lost about 50 pounds along with me this year! No wonder he's cold too!

Lovely
12-15-2008, 04:51 PM
These may have been mentioned... but.

What no one told me:

- That I'd like exercising. That I'd look forward to my time on the treadmill.

- That I'd find sweet things to be satisfying in smaller portions. I no longer want to eat an entire cake... way too sweet!

- That focusing on the food when I'm eating it makes the food tastier & more satisfying.

- THAT I CAN FEEL FULL FAST! My stomach must've shrunk... I didn't realize that I'd begin to feel signs of fullness much faster. I thought I'd just constantly be starving.

Addicted5915
12-27-2008, 11:23 AM
Nobody told me that after a week of holiday binging and feeling sluggish and addicted to sweets that I would know the answer: Water, whole foods, and spin class.

Nobody told me that I wouldn't have to dodge people in the local mall that I used to know when in a hurry, because they won't recognize me anyway!

Nobody told me that water tastes so good!!

Nobody told me that I would start to love humidity because its like a warm hug when I'm so cold all the time!

Nobody told me that large weight loss can lead to gallstones!!! (YIKES)

Nobody told me how uncomfortable I would be in clothes that hug my new curves.

Nobody told me how better I would be treated and how much more I would be heard.

Nobody told me what to do with attention from men!

deathnotronic
12-27-2008, 11:36 AM
That your favorite fat t-shirt from back in the day looks baggy and ugly on you now.

That I'd actually like dripping with sweat.

That guys can still be jerks to you. (I know that's not an inspiring one, but it's still unfortunately true)

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 11:45 AM
:lol: Well no, not in the way surgery literally shrinks it, but it deflates and I swear my "full button" goes off a LOT sooner. Before, I could eat 4+ cups of pasta (and sauce) and be full, but not painfully so. Now, that's not the case (not that I couldn't, but it would most definitely hurt now). Mhmm, I could definitely keep eating, like around the clock, and only by the end of the day would I feel too full to eat anything more. Now, I get full off a can of tuna with some veggies chopped up in it. I usually can't even finish it!

Beautiful Ace
12-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Aww you guys... This thread was so enjoyable to read. Even though some of the things you've come to realize aren't pleasant things... I just want those unpleasant things so bad! ahaha I'm sure you know this already, but you guys are the reason, and are going to be the reason for many peoples success stories.

futuresurferchick
12-27-2008, 12:11 PM
Many of you have mentioned the strange realizations and sensitivities that come with your emerging bones like how it can be painful to sit on hard chairs and things like that. Here's another one... no one told me how uncomfortable it can be to rest one knee on top of the other when sleeping on your side! I *must* have a pillow or comforter to put between my knees now or I can't get to sleep.

Star2Be
12-27-2008, 03:04 PM
^ I've noticed that, too! I sleep in almost the exact same position every night, and have done so for as long as I can remember, but I've definitely had to adjust it a bit as I've lost weight! Lol. Another annoying bones-related thing is that I've always absolutely loved taking baths, and could lie in the tub for an hour or more, but I can't do that anymore because my tailbone juts into the bottom of the tub and starts getting sore after 15 minutes or so. Bummer! But of course, it's great to notice all of these things (even the somewhat "negative" ones) because ultimately they all mean one big positive thing: I've lost weight! :p Haha.

FB
12-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Oh yes, Star2Be - with you on the bath thing. The sensation of tailbone grinding against the tub is an awful, awful thing.