Old 12-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #1  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Height: 5'7"

Default agggh helppp meee

i'm all stressed over finals and everything and i've been getting real off plan lately. i looked over the mini goal albums and half motivated again. then i saw people on the forum who (i know this might be kind of mean, but i'm competitive by nature) who i know weighed much more than me when i joined and are now catching up with me, and i got that much more motivated.

except i know that i won't stay on track very long if i don't get some new food ideas. i feel like i've been eating the same things over and over for months and i need some new ideas. tell me what you guys eat...i don't mind cooking if i have the time.
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM   #2  
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

I have been feeling the same way about food because I have like no money to go grocery shopping and am stuck with whatever my parents have been buying which isn't on my plan....sooo I eat the same thing everday, eggs, veggie bacon, broccoli, green bean, artichokes, tomatoes cauliflower, onions, turkey burger, almonds!! I am running out of ideas. I think I need to make some money this weekend so I can buy some groceries.
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

I have this thing about being bored so I just start making things up in the kitchen. These are two that I made up this week. But I have plenty other recipes that I have made up and just love!

Dinner Last night: Tomato Spinach Pasta
I got a can of stewed tomatoes, 2 cups of raw baby spinach, fresh mushrooms, 1 link of chicken sausage, italian seasoning, garlic, cooked it for awhile, and because I'm a sucker for "creamy sauces", I put a table spoon of sour cream in it, boiled some whole wheat pasta and mixed it up. It was so good and not many calories at all. No recipe just made it up on the spot.

Another new creation: Strognoff with Brown rice
cook ground beef 96% lean, lots of fresh mushrooms and onions, garlic powder cook until done, drain. Can of cream of mushroom reduced fat, 2 tbls of sour cream. 1/2 cup of the strognoff with 1 cup of brown rice all mixed together is amazing! I match it up with any veggies I want. It's a great well balanced meal.
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173.3/166.7/135

Height: 5'2"

I live by myself and work an erratic job (14 hour days during our season, 7 hour days in the off season), so I generally make all my meals in advance and freeze them in individual portions. Keep in mind that my menu is a little different than a lot of folks trying to lose because I have a lot of strange food allergies - I can't have many fruits or vegetables - salad is totally off limits to me, I'm allergic to lettuce.

I frequently eat:
Spaghetti squash with garlic, italian seasoning, a little olive oil and fresh grated parmesan

Spaghetti squash lasagna with fat free mozzarella and cottage cheese - bake the squash, scoop it out, and then layer squash, veggies, sauce and cheese in the scooped out shell, bake until bubbly

Turkey, pepper jack, and red onions on a sandwich thins bun - grilled in the george foreman

Chicken burrito with brown rice, black beans, onion and cilantro

Seasoned mashed cauliflower - adding a laughing cow cheese wedge is good

Veggie burgers on sandwich thins

Frozen fruit cups

Fiber One bars - caramel and peanut butter

Baked potato with ff sour cream & chives, or low fat cheese, or cottage cheese

Grilled chicken breast topped with salsa, corn, and a little shredded pepper jack

English muffin or sandwich thins pizzas

Hungry girl's pumpkin salsa soup

Occasionally a weigh watchers frozen dinner

Egg substitute or egg white omelets or scrambles
janal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #5  
aml
...okay, so...

S/C/G: 200/173/150

Quote:
Another new creation: Strognoff with Brown rice
cook ground beef 96% lean, lots of fresh mushrooms and onions, garlic powder cook until done, drain. Can of cream of mushroom reduced fat, 2 tbls of sour cream. 1/2 cup of the strognoff with 1 cup of brown rice all mixed together is amazing! I match it up with any veggies I want. It's a great well balanced meal.
weird, i actually have all this stuff. i might make it tonight!! thank you so much!
aml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:14 PM   #6  
I'm a khaleesi!!

S/C/G: 260/188/130

Height: 5'3"

I like to buy a bag of frozen chicken tenderloins and throw a few in a skillet with water and add garlic and cayenne pepper and boil till its done. then I add it to microwaved greenbeans or spinach, douse with balsamic and enjoy. Thats my quicky.

I also like to nuke refried beans, add shredded cheese and jalapenos.

I'm not big on bread or pasta but I do every once in a while cook whole wheat pasta and make a quicky marinara with lots of veggies to bulk it up, like green peppers, onions, broccoli and zucchini.

I cook my son's meals on sundays usually and freeze them so I can take them out and nuke them. He gets much better food then I do. I also buy him steaks and throw them on the foreman grill, him and the dog mow down on those with fried potatos. I'm not a beef eater though, it makes me feel sick.
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #7  

If you're looking for new recipes I would highly recommend the South Beach Diet recipes forum on here. I know you're probably not on South Beach but the recipes in there are great for low calorie ideas that don't load up on ingredients that are bad for you, especially phase 1 and 2.
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:17 PM   #8  

that spaghetti squash lasagna sounds delicious!!
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #9  
starving artist

S/C/G: 161/157.2/135

don't stress aml, it'll all be over soon!!!

its funny you say that you are getting bored w foods. i find that if i get too creative, i stray from my plan too much. wind up overeating, etc. i need a strict regimented diet apparently to succeed at all.
stellart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 327/270/199

Height: 5'11

Aml- I'm a southern girl too, so I have to have healthy alternatives to some of my favorite south things. lol I hope you like it!
Here we go again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #11  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

I have no money to get groceries either and I've been eating the same things too... Cereal with rice milk... eggs... salad... carrots... salad with added carrots, green and white onions and kidney beans... Veggie Burgers... Rice with wasabi and soya sauce... Salad... You get it now though, right?

Last edited by Arthwen1985; 12-11-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Arthwen1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

I basically live off of lentil soup -- not just because it's cheap, easy and quick to make a batch that will last a week, but because I just find it mind-blowingly delicious. This is the recipe I'm currently in love with:

http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives...up-recipe.html

I love to make a batch on Sunday night and eat it for lunch every day as long as it lasts.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:47 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

Finals I know, I went shopping last week and bought things that would be QUICK to make during finals weeks.

Instant rice, bag of frozen chicken breast, single serving frozen steam bag veggies (so easy!), smart ones, granola bars, apples and oranges, instant oat meal, quick sandwich fixings...

All this stuff I can make REALLY quickly, or eat in my car. Boo finals!!!
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

Finals are next week for me. I bought a bunch of stuff today at the grocery store for quick lunches. Lunch meat, whole wheat tortillas, clementines, a few bars, canned soups, and some tv dinners. I don't normally eat those , but sometimes they are convenient.
Our dinners planned, are veggie fajitas, stir fry, homemade pizzas,Turkey chili, black bean and ham soup, and pasta w. veggies.
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

aml, I have fallen into love with my food processer. Tuesday night I put in a can of chick peas with onion, garlic and spices and made hummus burgers. Just whirl it up and pat it ever so lightly with flour and cook it on the stove with fat-free spray.

Last night I did the same thing with salmon and scallops and one slice of bread and one egg white. I just added some Old Bay and pepper. I lightly breaded with Panko crumbs. The sauce was fat-free Miracle Whip w/lime juice and wasabi powder. OMG..to die for.

My sides both nights were brocolli slaw (from produce dept) mixed with apple and carrot chunks. Dressing was thinned miracle whip and red vinegar.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-11-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote