Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 06:43 AM   #1  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default PINK FLAMINGO CAFE ~~ Wednesday ~~ May 1

<opening the cafe up>

I'll be back in a bit...gotta go get a glass of water...
Old 05-01-2002, 06:53 AM   #2  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Red face

I'm back...had to take my cereal bowl back into the kitchen and get my glass of water (16 oz.). Since I've been back to WW I don't leave the house in the morning to go to work without first drinking 16 oz. of water. Together with my 8 oz. of milk that makes 24 oz. and that is quite a dent into my fluid intake. I know its a little thing but I feel like I'm starting the day off right. Can you tell I'm not awake yet? I'm rambling on about water...

Judy, I'm sure your daughter, Sam, is with you now...probably sleeping away because of the late night I'm sure y'all had. I know you must be feeling relieved just being able to SEE her face! I'm so happy for y'all--to be together!

Pat, sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you're feeling better this morning. Congrats on staying OP yesterday!

Emmy, and I'm sorry to hear your son has strep! Bless his heart! Golly...you've lost 10 lbs. in the last two weeks?! CONGRATULATIONS EMMY! <high-five!> I'm so proud of you!

Yep...I've been busy at work and at night I'm so tired! Last night all I did was veg out on the sofa. I didn't sleep well last night--maybe too tired? I still have a lot of stuff in my inbasket at work. Will it ever end?!

Later,
Old 05-01-2002, 07:22 AM   #3  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Default How about this challenge?

Joyce, I know you issued a walking challenge but I can't participate in that yet so how about this:

Since it is the first of May how about lets see how many of us can stay on program this month...no matter what. Let's see how creative and inventive we can be in our challenge to stay on program. I have a birthday party coming up on the 18th this month and I issue the challenge that we can be OP no matter what! Who's with me?
Old 05-01-2002, 07:46 AM   #4  
Smith Mountain Mommy-Girl

Default I"M WITH YOU GAIL !!!

That is a GREAT challenge!! I would really LOVE to have a month OP!!! I have a big Barbeque and a Birthday coming up this month. With planning and journaling I know this can be done and we are just the FLAMINGOES to DO IT!!!

I gotta run ....Clay can go back to the babysitter today! Yeah!! Don't know why I WANT to get back to work except that there is always so much to do and now I an BEHIND!!!

Have a great OP Day everyone. I look forward to catching up with you all tonight!

emmy
Old 05-01-2002, 08:12 AM   #5  
banned

Good morning PINKIES

Yes! Sam is here! Her flight was actually early...can ya believe it? We were back home by midnight, and only yakked about an hour. I've been in and out of the house twice already...Sam is in bed but chattering away at me right now.

I accept the May challenge! It's going to be a BIG challenge though cuz we're going out to eat tonight already. What did everyone pick? CHINESE.

As you can see this is a short note compared to what I normally post to y'all...but I've got to hop in the shower and get my ample bottom to work.

Thank you ALL for the well wishes for us. You guys are the best!

Old 05-01-2002, 08:14 AM   #6  

Morning Everyone!

I'm pretty sure I ended yesterday OP, I have to go look up something at Dotties though. Ballgame was cancelled so we had to do the band concert thing. Went into the funeral home early...could say lots on that but I'll just mention how sad it is and let it go, took the kids to McDonalds (which is why I need to look something up), then off to the school for the concert. Home at 9:30 and totally exhausted.

Sharon - You're welcome dear. Anytime you need a break e-mail me. I'm usually here and my computer let's me know as soon as I get e-mail.

Pat - Glad you got some rest girl. I'd call the dentist and tell him you're in pain though. Make it an emergency appointment.

Emmy - Sorry to hear your little one was sick. 10 lbs GONE! WhooHooo! Way To Go! That's great Emmy!

Gail - 16 oz. of water in me already too. Drank that on the way to work. Ok, I'm in on the challenge. Are there any reporting requirements? We don't want to forget this.

JUDY - Oh Gosh, SHE's THERE! Oh I'm so happy. You tell her how much your friends have be anticipating this reunion too. Cause we know how happy it is for you and we want you happy! We want HER happy too! <HUGS for all>

Ok, I'll have to stop back later. I have an assignment that is due today and it's a stupid assignment. Makes me shake my head and curse.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:54 AM   #7  

Good Morning Pinkies. I'm here, feeling a little bit better, but not really.

Gail-GREAT challenge, count me in. Thanks for opening. Hope you feel better, I know the feeling when you just want to vegg out, don't get many times to do that. How is the foot feeling? Hope you can walk on it soon.

Emmy-Glad to her your son is better and you can go back to work.

Judy-I am sure you would rather be at home today, than have to go to work, I am so happy Sam got there ok and you will have time to talk. Enjoy your evening out, we know you can do it.

Christine-Thanks, looks like we can walk today too, I have my walking shoes with me...need to get a salad or subway for lunch.

Good Morning Joyce & Sharon. Better get some work done, I still feel like I'm in lala land...need to drink my tea...

Got 33 oz of water and 14 oz of tea at my desk...
At 4 pts so far for breakfast....
Old 05-01-2002, 09:05 AM   #8  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

If I disappear today its not because I don't love y'all...the other secretary is out today and of course everyone in the whole blasted department wants whatever it is they want yesterday. Well...I say...take a number and stand in line! <sipping my decaf>

Judy, glad to hear that Sam arrived safely last night and early! < to Sam> Chinese food can be done--there is a section of Chinese food in your points book? Do you have one? Do you need help with this? Give a yell, okay?

Sorry, I can't say something to everyone but...

We can make the month of May a month of OP days. No matter what comes up I KNOW WE CAN DO THIS BECAUSE OTHERS DO IT ALL THE TIME. Sorry...I shouted but I want to do this. Okay...how can we do this--let everyone know we're op...make some suggestions...we can start our first post each morning with the day saying we made it through the last day...whatever...make a suggestion...

My challenges this month: I'm going to Va. Beach on the 11th (I have to set up Mom's first computer (yes, I'll check in with y'all at some point on that date) so I know we'll be eating out. Then on the 18th my parents are coming to visit that weekend and its Amanda's b-day...and there's a party. But I'm going to remain on program...no matter what...and I'm going to smile while doing it too...okay, so I'll look goofy with a perpetual grin on my face but at least I'll look happy while being on program...and I won't be complaining because I'll be losing weight!

Gotta gooooo...I'm outta breath already...
Old 05-01-2002, 01:45 PM   #9  
One Day At A Time

Good Morning- well almost afternoon actually

That's quite a challenge Gail. Whew -

On my honor, I will try for the month of May
- to be OP
- to journal
- to drink my water
- to be the best member of the PFC I can be
- to set a good example
- to exercise

How's that I want to promise to be perfect. But........

But, I just realized this as I was typing out my promise, I'm afraid I can't do it. Whew - admitted it. I'm not sure I can make it for a whole month. I can promise one week at a time - and then I can string those weeks together. We maybe have 2 trips out of town, one weekend and then Memorial Day for a long weekend.

Gail - I like your challenge and I will really try.

Judy - Glad to hear Sam arrived safely. (Sending her a from me too.) I still haven't figured out what Chinese food to eat and stay OP, so I generally stay away from it. Maybe because I don't even know what half the stuff is.

Hi Pat

Hi emmy - glad to hear your son is getting better. How old is he? And you have a daughter too? I'm sorry, I can't remember. And 10# gone. Wow - that is terrific!!!!!!

Christine - Did you look up your McD's stuff? I wish those fast food places could do a little better on foods lower in fat!!

Sharon - just in case you get a chance to peek in here

I have to install an update to a program I use all the time here at work. Hopefully it will take me only a few minutes ..... otherwise, who knows.......

Last edited by Joyce in CO; 05-01-2002 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:09 PM   #10  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Joyce, you are something else! I was envisioning in a green girlscout uniform holding up your right hand... Know what? THAT is all any of us can do--to do our best. And you know what else? Sometimes "our best" may not be "someone else's best" and vice versa. Actually, I'm the type of person that takes it one day at a time. I just hope that by the time we get to the end of a week that I've given it my best shot. Can you believe its already May 1?! Where did the winter go?

Well, I'm going to see my granddaughter tonight. I miss her--I haven't seen in her in a week. I'm in dire need of a sloppy kiss and a hug from her. I want to hear her squeal and I even want to see her get into trouble (cos she's always doing something!)with her mommy. I don't even care if she gets cranky--I want to see her.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:20 PM   #11  
One Day At A Time

Well, I don't fit into the green uniform I used to have, but I still have my ring and knife from GS. My mom found an old picture of me and some friends in our Brownie uniforms on the day we moved up to GS. Was that a flying up ceremony - or was it called that because all our dads were in the Air Force? Can't remember

I know we can only do our best. I agree about "someone else's best" too. I have never been a perfectionist about anything. But I can promise that I will try. What's that motto that I've seen used: OM, OH, OD? One minute, one hour, one day at a time.

Enjoy your evening with Amanda!!! Well, I know you will.

Last edited by Joyce in CO; 05-01-2002 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:31 PM   #12  

Pat - We're on a roll now with walking, but I suspect that tomorrow is going to be bad weather. Bring an umbrella?

Gail - I think that posting on our first post each day how we did the day before is good. I'd also like to be able to mention maybe what my challenge for the day is. Or is it just me that struggles every day. Last night was a struggle with the whole change of plan thing happening. <sigh> By all means get those hugs and sloppy kisses tonight.

Joyce - I find it hard to believe that anyone can be perfect. You know even when I have an OP day I sometimes think I could have done better! You know food choise wise and all. Doing our best is all we can do and we all have different variations of what our best is. Yes I looked up the medium french fries at McD's. They were 10 points which is what I figured they were. & points for a McGrill without the mayo. So I maxed out last night.

Well I got my assignment done, now I have other things to do. LOL Is it Friday yet? Hey Gail it's only 4 weeks from this Saturday that I'll be down to meet you! Can't wait.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:53 PM   #13  
DIET IS A 4-LETTER WORD

Joyce, I don't think many people...and I'm including skinny people in on this one too...would fit into their girlscout uniform! I was in the girlscouts also...I can remember feeling uncomfortable in that uniform thinking back on it--you know how it is--some brands just don't fit the same and it was the same with that dress! I wore it though. Heck, if I can remember--it was too long ago...but I do think it was "flying up" but then again I lived in Virginia Beach and that whole area (Virginia Beach and Norfolk) was filled with military! My brain right now is so "fried" I would probably agree with anything you said!

Is it really only 4 more weeks Christine until we meet down in Dover? I'm lookin' forward to it! Don't ever think you're the only one who struggles daily with being on program! Although some days are easier but I struggle every night.
Old 05-01-2002, 02:59 PM   #14  

ok Christine are you saying we are to walk in the rain tomorrow? The walk today was good, it's nice and sunny out..

Joyce I agree with you, have to take one day at a time and go with that. My problem is that I work all the time...or on the go, never really home much. But I promise to try too. Are the fires under control now?

Gail Enjoy your visit with your granddaughter tonight. Don't you just love it when you get hugs. Mine are from my grandson more than the my granddaughter. She is something else, can't say it here, but she is so like her mom.. a real b**** at times... but I still love her, she will give her mom a run for her money, you know what they say when it comes to kids and giving it back to their parents. Enjoy yourself.

Judy Come and check back with us, I know your in your glory now that Sam is home with you and will have so much to talk about and do with her. We are here, just waiting for your storeis... HOw is the little guy? I bet he is enjoying the company of someone new in the house.

Sharon Here is some water for you, take a break when you can and sit and chat for awhile.

Emmy I know your at work and will stop by when you get finished. Hope the little one is feeling much better today.

Ok, I'm at
4 pts -Breakfast
lunch - subway 7pts
chips - 2pt
ice tea - 1pt
1/4 candy bar - 1 pt
apple - 2 pt
snack - cottage cheese - 3pt
20 pts for the day.. supper - depends if I have to work or not.
Water/tea - 58 oz, leaving 4 - 9 pts for supper

Last edited by flicka_usa; 05-01-2002 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-01-2002, 03:26 PM   #15  
I will do it this time

Hi! I miss you guys! I can't even believe how busy I am. No breaks, no yak time, barely lunch. I am not having fun. On the other had I am on program. I hope all of you are doing well. I wish I could read the thread.

Bye!
Closed Thread