Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #1  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Leg problems

OK, so I thought I was over most of my leg problems, but I guess not. I have a couple things going on. One, my right knee mostly above hurts when I walk a lot. I've started to ice it and it seems some better, but is there anything I'm missing? The second thing is my left left seems to sort of "pop." This is mostly toward the inside/side of the thigh. I have no clue on that one.
Any suggestions/advice? Thanks.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/118.4/115

Height: 5"4

I used to have knee problems as well. I went to a physical therapist who said it was due to the fact that I was exercising on knees that didn't have good support from weak leg muscles and so my knee caps were moving and rubbing surrounding tissue causing pain and irritation, its called Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome. He recommended leg strengthening exercises so I started doing the leg curl machine for my quads and hams and using the elliptical at or near the highest resistance level and the pain went away after about 3-4 weeks. This might not be your issue but just thought I would throw it out there.

Your knee along with the pop in your leg seem like they might be we worth a trip to the MD to get checked out to make sure nothing serious is going on.

Last edited by JackieRn; 12-10-2008 at 12:37 PM.
JackieRn is offline   Reply With Quote