Support Groups - McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #40

View Full Version : McSkinney's LOOZING FLOOZIES #40

4myloves
12-10-2008, 11:04 AM
The Floozies are a great bunch of ladies who've come to depend on each other for friendship and diet (and non-diet) support.

If you're looking for a niche and would like to join our group, we'd love to have you give us a try.

:queen: (Dee)

:book2: (Cheryl)

:running::bike2: (Shelley)

:bb: :cloud9: (Suzy)

:shocksn: :brr: (Janice)

:angel: / :mrsclaus: (Gayle)

:tree: , :han: & :gift2: from :grouphug:

4myloves
12-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Bumping to separate our threads some, since we have two open right now.

Gayle, Jake's gift is beckoning me...... Can't wait to see what Santa's elves dropped off for him!

gdeann
12-10-2008, 10:04 PM
Poor kid! Let him open his gift Cheryl!! I heard via the elves they wanted Jake to get it early in case he wanted to use it before Christmas. Those silly elves are the bestest!! LOL!

Janice, the styles popular here now are the straight flat ironed. I am having a hard time getting use to a relaxed style compared to my "every hair in place" style. I love styling "poofy" hair! I can backcomb with the best of them! Most of my clientel still prefer the styled/backcombed set.

Well, off to check my other puter stuff!!

Lori259
12-10-2008, 10:16 PM
What a cute group name~In some weird way LOL!
I am 33/Married for 15 years/& a mother of 3...I am 5 '5" Weighing in at 246 lbs (Start of 259)13 lbs lost YIPPIE!!!)
I need some steady help ...Can I ask a question....Since I changed my eating routine My chest hurts...But I have been having hot flashes(From gettting tubes tied earlier in life) IS it from food change or the hot flashes?? I haven't had a period for 2 months but thats the usual for me)I eat 1300 to 1400 calories daily. Sorry if this question is stupid.

SuzyMc
12-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I am the hair spray queen and will have poofy hair until the day I die! :lol:

Thanks for starting a new thread Cheryl! I love the graphics that you assigned to each of us! Too cute!

coles
12-11-2008, 07:46 AM
WELCOME Lori!
If my hair isn't BIG enough I curl it, tease it spray it, mousse it. I love Big hair.I went to a dinner last night with a group of girls I used to work with. Ate too much, but I figure this is a lifetime change so one night is not going to hurt me too much.
We had a wonderful time catching up. Some of the girls have retired.
It is freezing cold here. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/28/28_3_3.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)Can't wait for Porta Plata!
Thanks for starting the new Thread Cheryl.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://************************************************** *******=ZSzeb114_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7922)

4myloves
12-11-2008, 10:15 AM
What a cute group name~In some weird way LOL!
I am 33/Married for 15 years/& a mother of 3...I am 5 '5" Weighing in at 246 lbs (Start of 259)13 lbs lost YIPPIE!!!)
I need some steady help ...Can I ask a question....Since I changed my eating routine My chest hurts...But I have been having hot flashes(From gettting tubes tied earlier in life) IS it from food change or the hot flashes?? I haven't had a period for 2 months but thats the usual for me)I eat 1300 to 1400 calories daily. Sorry if this question is stupid.

:welcome: Lori!!

I'll be 33 next month, been married 4 years, but together 10. I only have one baby so far, but we're working on more. I don't know about the chest hurting--have you been stressed out at all? I know an anxiety attack can cause racing heart, etc. I don't know about the hot flashes and I've never heard of food changes causing chest pain (UNLESS you've been eating a lot more sodium in your diet?). Have you talked to your GP or Ob/gyn about your diet? I'd definately bring it up with one of them, and soon if the pains don't go away.

SuzyMc
12-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Welcome Lori! :wave:

I agree with Cheryl...it would be a good idea to discuss the chest pains with your doctor. It could be nothing, but it could also be something serious, so please don't ignore it.

We're in the middle of a winter storm here. School is letting out early and we are supposed to get ice and up to 7 inches of snow on top of that through today until tomorrow morning. Looks like the kids may be getting a long weekend!

Deelite
12-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Lori welcome to our little group. No question is a dumb question! Only not asking it is dumb! Are you eating spicer food? Could be reflux.....Try malox or tums and see if that helps. If not go see your GP.

Cheryl I love your start of our new thread. You are the bestest!

Janice I am trying to keep my bum warm but no hubby so it is pretty tough! I think he needs someone to warm his too he said that it was snowing in Huston yesterday.....lol Everyone was excited but him.
When are you leaving on your trip? You will love it.

Shelley how are you doing? Did you get started on your shopping?

Gayle I love your new pic. Your hair looks good. I don't bother to straighten my hair it is to much work. I just let the curl do what it wants. It is funny but most of us on our thread have body or curl.

Suzy when is the other granbaby due? I know it was close to christmas but I forget the date.

I got to go and unpack and tidy up DEz's mess. She has been here on and off for the last 2 1/2 weeks. It shows but bless her heart she has helped out with amigo.

SuzyMc
12-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Dee, the grandbaby is due on Christmas, so not much longer!

Lori259
12-11-2008, 11:51 PM
How sweet~I went to bed last night LOL So I didn't see the replys.
You all are sooooo Nice.
Anyways, It was anxiety. LUCKY ME!! But that comes from having 3 kids I think~And I love christmas And there excited and I am already worn out.
Anyways,As far as the hair spray I have used my share then I finally grew out the bangs the same length and HERE I AM STUCK !!I am officially plain jane forever HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I plan to change hair do after weight loss MAYBE HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:shrug:WHO KNOWS
I quit smoking 9 months ago after 19 years of it~I went off caffiene 8 years ago,& I am now working on my weight loss And you would think a hair cut change would be easy for me but it scares the heck outta me LOL!!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-but5/lb/259/150/246/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ShelleyM
12-12-2008, 05:34 AM
Poofy hair? Mine is curly so it is always poofy, just ask Dee!

Lori-Welcome to our group! We have been around here for over 8 years, and most of us have been here that long. Dee and I actually got to meet last week while she was vacationing here in Fl.

Gayle-I like the new "old" picture of you.

Suzy-How many grandchildren do you have? I have lost count.

Cheryl-Thanks, as always for starting the new thread.

Janice-How is the eating going? It looks like you are still doing awesome. With holidays coming, give yourself a little leeway.

4myloves
12-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Gayle I love your new pic. Your hair looks good. I don't bother to straighten my hair it is to much work. I just let the curl do what it wants. It is funny but most of us on our thread have body or curl.

:wave: I'd be the MAJOR exception to that rule--fine as silk and flat as a pancake!

gdeann
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Cheryl, I wear my hair straight now. It is shoulder length with a 1/2 bang, and a light flip on the ends. Trying to stay up to date even though the aging process is going on. LOL! My hair has ALWAYS been straight, fine but thick... now with those wonderful little gray things popping in by the minute, my hair actually has body. Nasty little guys are kinky, curly and pop straight out from my scalp. I will pull them as I see them sticking out, but at some point I will need to stop that as I will soon go bald! I am almost considering letting my color go natural, it is getting to be too much of a hassle to keep color on it...some people gray beautifully, but I have a feeling I might look like a washed out old hag.

Lori, welcome! Please feel free to stay here and visit! Your eating plan sounds great plus it sounds like you get the exercise in daily chasing the little ones. I am a past smoker to which "no smoking" meant more eating! Resulting in my big ol' butt!

Dee, i forgot about little Amigo when you go on your trips! I'm happy you have Dez there to take care of him. I KNOW both of my daughters are messy! They leave a trail as they go. I think Liz is better now since she has her own household. I call Allie "pigpen" from the Charlie Brown series. Instead of a dust cloud, she leaves a cloud of junk behind!

gdeann
12-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Cheryl, did you let baby Jake open his gift???

SuzyMc
12-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Shelley, don't feel bad...it's hard for me to keep track too! :lol: Right now I have 4 grandgirls and in a couple of weeks there will be a grandson to add to the mix!

We ended up with 8 inches of snow overnight, so I am getting my exercise today by way of lots and lots of shoveling!

Deelite
12-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Suzy I was saying to my sister Gail can you imagine me with 5 grand kids right now......I told her that I have a friend that is the same age and will have number 5 soon. The last few days it snowed here. Nobody shoveled yet and I think I am going to save it for when Larry comes home tonight.

Shelley in your avitar it looks like my hair is poofier than yours. You have curly hair and mine just has bounce.

Gayle I didn't know that you had straight hair. I think most of the pics I have seen with you you had curl or body.

Lori if you have been able to kick smoking you shouldn't have a problem with losing weight. You just got to stick to it like everything else.

Cheryl I don't think I have seen a pic of you. At least I can't picture what you look like. I sure do know what little Jake looks like. He is a darling.

Janice you are lucky that you have someone that can get christmas dinner started while you are working. You know how to train them!

I guess I should get a bit of cleanning done for the party, lots of dusting and more decorating since the party will be in the tropical basement.

Have a good weekend ladies.

gdeann
12-12-2008, 05:47 PM
I use to have a pic Cheryl emailed me to post here on the site once. I lost it though with a computer crash. Dee, she is as sweet outside as what we see her goodness on the inside.

Suzy, watch how much you shovel! Take breaks often! Remember your a grandma!! LOL!

coles
12-15-2008, 07:25 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Hope everyone had a good weekend. It sure is busy out and about. I am glad I finished my shopping long ago, I don't like all the crowds.
Doug is finally home from Kingston and working locally again. I really don't mind when he is gone for the week. (Doesn't that sound terrible?) I have lots of me time. I don't get home from work until 7:30 at night and its nice not to have to worry about dinner.
It is a struggle to try not to gain weight this time of year. I work in a long-term care facility and families show thanks with food. There are chocolates, cookies etc everywhere, plus all the get togethers. Not a good diet time. I'm doing my best but honestly I am going to enjoy the season as well. My goal for December is to not gain any weight.
Happy Monday,

SuzyMc
12-15-2008, 10:53 AM
I think not gaining through the month of December is a fantastic goal! It's just too hard to diet at this time of year...we just need to remember not to over do it!

Deelite
12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Janice that is a pratically goal and with that you won't get discouraged. I like that goal.

Shelley if you walked into a restaurant freezer that is what it is like here the last few days. The wind is up and the temps are way down. I didn't even walk to the Y today because it is way to cold and I don't want frost bite.

Tomorrow I am having the girls from the Y down so I have been busy dusting palm leaves (yes really) and decorating the tropical basement for christmas. My upstairs is all done but with the number of ladies that are coming tomorrow I though that we would have more room downstairs.

So if I am not around much today or tomorrow you will know where I will be. After that I have some cooking and a bit of baking to do and lots of wrapping putting up the tree and only two more gifts to buy. Shh I better get going.

Love you all.

4myloves
12-15-2008, 01:32 PM
Whoo-hoo! The forecaster is calling for 70% winter weather here tomorrow! We hardly EVER get winter weather and I'm SO looking forward to it!! Snow, snow, come my way!!!!!

You know, it never fails to amaze me the number of babies I see outside in this weather with just little jackets on. I don't even like to take Jake out! And I ALWAYS keep his head covered. I think I'm a tried-and-true over-protective parent! Who knew!

I'm planning to go to my local Weight Watchers meeting tomorrow afternoon--if it's now snowed out! Lord knows I need to!

See you all later!

Cheryl

coles
12-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Cheryl it was nice to here from you. I think you are a wonderful Mother.
Good for you going to WW. It is terribly hard this time of year to get on track. WW is a great program and lots of support.

gdeann
12-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I didn't realize your were attending WW's Cheryl. I bet it is nice to have some local support. Good lands! I STILL cover Allisons head before we leave the house or remind her to do it. Come to think of it, I often suggest to Steve to make sure his head is covered too. Baby Jake wouldn't have a chance around me! LOL!

Janice, I'm trying like you, to maintain during this time of year. I did break over and buy wine last night. First time in about 3 weeks. Really good considering we usually have it around ALL the time. Wine is such easy access for me, plus it goes down way too easily... I do best to keep it out of the house. After this is gone, I plan on only purchasing it for a special occasion.

4myloves
12-16-2008, 12:53 PM
We didn't get any weather at all--it all went west and north of us--maybe next time!

Thanks for the "good mother" vibes. I try my hardest. I swear, I'll be one of those parents that will go to school with the boy the first day (month). He'll be pushing me out the door!

Tonight is actually the 1st night I'll be going to WW. I've been before, way back in 2001--it's what led me here to youse guys. I've got to go back because I've gained all of my nursing weight back and if I don't do something QUICK I'm gonna be back up to 260-270+! I definately don't want to go there ever again (unless it's 'cause I'm carrying a bundle of joy, of course....)

See y'all!

Deelite
12-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Cheryl it is a tough time to go back to ww's but it is better than after the season and a few pounds packed on. Good for you. We are here to support you.

I am exhaused but happy. The Y party went well, most of the ladies have never been here before and loved the house. We had the party in our tropical basement. I cranked up the heat so it would feel just like it and besides that it is freezing here.

Time for a nappy.

4myloves
12-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Dee, there's no choice--I HAVE to go! I have a rubber band holding my jeans "snapped" today :o

I spoke with my baby-sitter yesterday morning and she was HAPPY to keep Jake the extra time--she almost started crying. She used to be overweight and has fought HARD to lose & maintain. That in itself made me even more determined to go and do well.

4myloves
12-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Hey, I sent y'all an e-mail to check out my new Tupperware site. Don't have to buy anything, but I really like the changes. I went through a lady who specializes in TW web-sites and she only charges $2.05 more each month and, to me, does such a great job!

SuzyMc
12-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Cheryl ~ When Shawn started school I walked him to the bus stop and waited for the bus with him. After a few weeks he told me that I didn't need to do that anymore that he could wait for the bus just fine with the other kids. I wasn't ready to let go that fast, so I left him at the bus stop and then hid behind the neighbor's house so I could watch and make sure that he got on the bus. That lasted a few days and then my 5 year old little man told me that he could still see me and that I needed to go home! :lol:

coles
12-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Suzy - I can picture you hiding behind the house. It is hard to let them go, the world is not always a kind place.
Dee - sounds like your party was a success. I nap all the time, pretty much every day. I felt guilty until I watched a show that said a lot of people nap.
Cheryl - WW is a wonderful support group. I used to go but then they cancelled the afternoon where I would have been able to go. I can't make it back into town for the evening group so that was the end of that.
You will get lots of ideas and talk of what works for others. I am proud of you.
Have a great day everyone.

gdeann
12-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Too funny Suzy! Wonder you made it without being investigated for being a stalker!
I STILL sit in the car and make sure Allie makes it into the school building before I leave the parking lot. I have a fear the one time I don't stay will be the one time something happens. I will take being an over protective parent any day over being one that lets thier kid do whatever and ends up hurt or in trouble.

My young lady will be 10 years old on Thursday! I had her December of 1998 and joined this board August of 1999. I have lost weight here, only to regain... I am counting my blessings though, for the valuable friendships found here! The year of '99 opened the World up to me via the net, I am so happy I have found friendships otherwise not available to me.

4myloves
12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
Janice, I would definately nap if I could! My husband gripes at me because I need 9-10 hours of sleep each night. He just can't understand--he comes from a family that can go to bed at 11:30-12:00 and still get up at 6:00 (or earlier). I'm just not built that way.

My WW meeting last night was good (all except the weigh-in part, of course). I really think this leader is going to be a good one, like the one I had when I first started back in 2001. Part of the reason I quit going to meetings back then was because the leader changed and we went from having a "natural" motivator to having someone who was just drab. Of course, that was only my reasoning and I should have stuck it out--which I WILL DO this time!!!

My WW goal for this week is to drink AT LEAST 6 cups of water daily, eat all of my fruits and vegetables, get in 2 servings of dairy and LOSE 3 pounds!!

Deelite
12-17-2008, 01:37 PM
Cheryl good for you. You are right the hardest is stepping on the scale. Now you have done that so you are on your weigh down...

Suzy you are too funny. I walked my kids to school til grade 4 for Jay and 5 for Dez and then I walked her in grade 10 for most of the year.

Gayle I can't beleive that Allison is going to be 10. Wow she grew up with me. It is hard to believe cause she was just a baby.

Shelley Larry had to bring the thermos cup thingie you gave me to work to show the girls. They think it is the neatest thing, and so do I. We don't have anything like that here. Larry was saying it might be a good thing to give away at a trade show.

Janice is it cold your way? We are having way below temps here. The wind chill has been pretty high and there is no let up for the next while.

Time to start baking my short bread. I am going to make at least 5 recipes and Jay, Ash and Dez are coming to help ice and decortate the little suckers. I will divided it up among us. That is the only danty and dessert I am making. The only reason I am doing them is it is everyones fav. Lots of work because they just won't have them plain or with a cherry on top. The more icing and sprinkles the better.
Kids are coming down for dinner too. I don't know how I got convinced into that one.....

SuzyMc
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
I just have shortbread cookies left to make too, Dee and then I'm done. I probably shouldn't even be making those, but I know everyone looks forward to them.

Cheryl, those are great healthy goals! Good for you girl!

Happy, happy birthday to Allison!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow afternoon to begin tests for diabetes. Say a prayer and keep your fingers crossed that the tests all come back normal!

ShelleyM
12-18-2008, 06:04 AM
Happy Birthday to Allison!!

Dee-Too funny about the coffee thing.

Cheryl-Good luck on WW. We are here to support you. I hear the new program is good.

Janice and Gayle-I agree on just maintaining over the holidays is good!

SuzyMc
12-18-2008, 05:12 PM
My doctor thinks that it's going to turn out that I have diabetes. My blood sugar was normal when they tested it in the office, but it had been 4 1/2 hours since I had last eaten, so he said that didn't count. I have to go back for a glucose tolerance test and blood work, but they weren't able to schedule the tests because the computers were all down. They will call me tomorrow with dates and times. It looks like I'm going to have to really give up sugar now. :(

gdeann
12-19-2008, 09:37 AM
Bless your heart Suzy. Hopefully it will all work out and if you are diabetic, it can be controlled through diet and not the insulin shots. I will be praying for you sweetie!

Allie had a great birthday! We always let the kids pick out their birthday meal. She picked Mac & cheese with hot dogs cut up in it! Not healthy, but cheap on our pocketbook! I was expecting to hear Applebees or Pizza Hut!

ShelleyM
12-20-2008, 06:01 AM
Suzy, good luck. Did you go back yesterday. Gayle is right. It can be controlled with diet. My principal developed it about 2 years ago and she is doing great. She actually lost so much weight before she was diagnosed. She is still very tiny.

SuzyMc
12-20-2008, 07:45 AM
I go Monday morning at 8:30 for a 3 hour glucose tolerance test and bloodwork, so I should know something after that.

Gayle, macaroni and cheese with ham or hotdogs was always my boys favorites! They still ask for it on occassion when they are coming for dinner! :lol: I'm glad that Allison had a good birthday!

Deelite
12-20-2008, 01:01 PM
Suzy you were up bright and early this morning. I hope that your results on monday will be good. No baby yet?

Shelley want to come warm me up? I am sure you must be busy getting ready for your holiday time.

Gayle Dez loves farmer sausage for her birthday. Cheap too, while Jay likes beef tenderloin. Happy Birthday Alli! I told Larry about the sparkle insident on your table and when I recieved your card I told him that you put the sparkles on it. He doesn't think so because there is too much detail. So did you?

time to make lunch, enjoy your day.

gdeann
12-20-2008, 01:10 PM
No Dee, you'll need to tell Larry he is right! :-) I was lucky to get them addressed let alone doing sprinkles, etc. I purchased the cards with the glitter already on them. I screwed up by writing inside of them on my wooden table. Doing so many at one time, in the same area, acted like sandpaper on my poor table!

Cleaning, laundry fun, fun day! Tonight out for dinner with family and a belated B-day party for Allie with some relatives that couldn't make it on Thursday.

Deelite
12-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Have fun at Alli's second birthday party. I guess Larry will have to take it out on trade for being right. ;)

We had a quiet weekend getting everything ready for christmas. All the wrapping is done but I still need to buy a picture frame and a gift certificate for Ashley. One last trip to the store to buy fresh fruits and Vggies. The kids are coming down to open gifts christmas eve afternoon so I am going to make a taco platter dip and chocolate fondue for the fruit.

What is everyone cooking around the holidays? I am trying to make a few healthy alternatives, like home made roasted red pepper hummus, shrimp platter, fondue with a fruit platter ( I will choose mostly fruit with a little chocolate), taco platter isn't to bad because it has lots of veggies, of course a veggie platter plus artichoke dip. That is a few of my ideas.

gdeann
12-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Dee, will it count if I use light dream whip instead of the regular??? :-) Actually, we have scaled the menu back at both homes to include just what we need/want and HOPEFULLY leftovers will be zilch! Steve & I both agree with the new year will also be a new attitude aout getting these pounds off.

Santa gifted me with a broken car this morning... :-(
seems to be some computer/curcuit issue... off to the car hospital tomorrow hopefully. I AM NOT HAPPY about an added expense right now since I just sat down to pay homeowners insurance and personal property tax. So much for a possible vacation???

Deelite
12-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Aww Gayle, we are going to think positive and things are going to get better. No more unforseen expenses in the future.
Every little bit that we can knock off our calories helps. Go for the lite.

Dez and I froze today. We took a bus to look for uniforms for her nursing and when we came out we just missed our bus. It is a 20 minute wait between the buses so we started walking. Well we just had a big dump of snow so the sidewalks hadn't been plowed yet. Up and down we hiked with the wind blowing at us. After 15 minutes of walking I literally was freezing we cut through this parking lot and it was a major box store so I said I am going in to warm up. One of Dez's friends was a shining knight. He picked us up and drove us home. As soon as I got home I had to hop in the hot tub to warm up. That sure helped to warm up.

We are ready for christmas. I just need to pick up a tray of nuts for a friend and that is it.
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and a happy holidays.

SuzyMc
12-23-2008, 08:50 AM
I'm busy busy busy here! Today I'll clean house and get a few dishes made for tomorrow's family gathering. Christmas morning Tim will be bringing his mother over for breakfast and to spend the morning with us (she has Alzheimer's, so will do better with just us instead of the crowd of people on Christmas eve). Then Christmas night we'll go to my mom's for dinner. Yes, lots of eating going on here the next couple of days, but I'm trying to be careful about what I eat. Yesterday's test went well (I guess)...my arms are sore from 5 blood draws though! I'm not sure when I will get the results.

Gayle, I'm sorry to hear about your car troubles! I hope that it's an easy fix that won't cost too much!

Shelley, I hope your Hanukah is wonderful!

To everyone else, have a very merry Christmas!

coles
12-23-2008, 09:01 AM
Dee- just checked out your new pics on facebook. Looks like you girls had a blast, I'm jealous. I wish we could all get together some day.
Gayle - sorry about your car. I had a brake light on over the weekend. Doug added brake fluid but I'm afraid to drive it now. We get one storm after another. Definitely going to be a white Christmas. I took vacation over the weekend even though I was supposed to work. The roads were too bad.
Hope everyone is ready for the big day.
Shelley - Happy Hanukah!
Love Ya,
Janice

Deelite
12-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Janice stay safe.....we have been getting lots of snow too and it is really cold.

I am sure everyone is busy getting ready for the holidays. I just thought I would pop in and say Hi.

I am going to be really busy for the next 3 days so I would like to wish you all a very merry christmas and a blessed new year.

ShelleyM
12-24-2008, 06:00 AM
Sorry I don't check in here more often. Seems I am always on FB. On there, I can see what everyone is doing.

Janice-Sorry about the storms in your part of the country. It is still warm here. 80's today.

Thanks for all the Hanukkah wishes. Both girls are home right now, although Becky is going back to Tampa on Sat.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

gdeann
12-24-2008, 08:58 AM
HOLIDAY BLESSINGS TO ALL MY FRIENDS! Peace be with you as we head toward the year 2009.

Dee, the pic is adorable! What are you wearing around your neck?

The verdict is in: My car will be back Monday (hopefully) and the mechanic is just shy of getting $900.00 out of our pocket. It was an electronic/computer issue. My extended plan also ended 3 months ago. HO, Ho, HO! :-)

Cooking today, then the three of us are dressing up and playing the Clause' family at a party for the nursing home folks. I couldn't find a wig, so I guess I will try powdering my hair. Good thing half of them have vision problems!

Everyone have a great next few days!

LOVE YA!

Deelite
12-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Gayle that is nice of your whole family to go to the nursing home. The floks will love it.
Is it possible to go to the warrenty place and let them know about the problem to see if they would cover it. I know sometimes that they have been good about things like that. It is worth asking.
I have two stuffed frogs around my neck that I picked up at the rain forest cafe.

Enjoy your families and friends everyone. Merry christmas.

SuzyMc
12-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday with their loved ones.

It is looking more and more like our Christmas baby will be a new year's baby. Still no change. The doctor said that they will wait another week and then induce. Her next appointment is on the 31st.

coles
12-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Dee - checked out your FB pics, they are wonderful!
Hope everyone is enjoying Christmas and that Santa was good to you all.

gdeann
12-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Merry day after Christmas! Santa gifted all of us well here but I am so tired! Liz & Andy made it just before mass on Christmas eve late service and she was able to join us. What a great gift! Andy went to his church with his dad. I'm sure his dad appreciated the thought as much as we did. They will be leaving on Sunday and spending time now floating between family/friends trying to get the visits in.

Dee, the pics on FB are so neat! Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Cheryl, how was baby Jakes first Christmas?????????????????/

Janice, did you have a nice holiday? I bet you are getting excited about the trip!

Suzy, baby yet? Did the new baby come with a set of batteries?? LOL!

Shelley, I bet your enjoying having the girls back home.

I need to go now, but will check in later.

LOVE YA!

Deelite
12-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Janice when are you going again? I bet that is the best christmas gift you got!

Gayle the pictures that we took in front of the fireplace sorta just happened. We didn't plan on wearing red or even taking pictures since Jay and Ash weren't here. (I was in my pj"s, Dez slipped on my house coat and Larry had red boxers on) They turned out good though. It was a quiet morning but we tried to make the best out of it without Lucky, Viv and the kids here.
It sounds like you had a good christmas. When does Liz go back home?

Shelley I guess your girls are gone back too. I have the pics I took in Florida set up as my screen saver so every once in awhile your picture pops up and it gives me a big smile.

Cheryl how was your Christmas? I bet you it was an exciting christmas with Jake. Was he spoiled?

Suzy how was your Christmas? Was everyone home for the holidays? I bet you are excited waiting for the new baby to arrive. How is your little angel doing? She must be growing already.

Tonight we are having Larry's boss and wife over for drinks and appetizers. I have a bit of food prep to do and I just baked a brownie. He loves chocolate.

It has finally warmed up here. It is still below freezing but at least it is ok to go for a walk.

Dez flew out to Toronto this morning to visit a friend. We had just finished talking to her to see if she arrived safely when my mom called and said what happened to Dez. I heard that she missed her plane. I asked her how she knew that and my brother from Ottawa was talking to his wife and she had seen something on facebook. How quickly word gets around these days. She actually didn't miss her plane but it had been delayed due to fog in Toronto. lol

Hope you all have a good day.

xox

Deelite
12-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Check out my new avatar and signature.....

gdeann
12-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Dee, I love the new pic! You "naughty" girl!

Deelite
12-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Thanks Gayle!

Shelley Larry's boss and wife was down last night. If you remember that Larry was in Orlando with his boss Micheal, well Bonnie wanted to see my pictures and when she seen your picture she asked right away if you were a runner. I had to laugh and ask her how she knew. She said that she could tell by your lean body.

We ended up crawling in bed last night or should I say this morning at 5:00. I was up at 9:00 so I am sure that I will be exhausted in a few hours. Larry is chipping away at something in the bathroom. We have decided while he has a few days off from work and he is not traveling that we will redo the bathroom. It is one room that we have done very little to in the house. It is tiny just like the 80 year old houses are known for. There isn't too much we can do but we are now taking down the cedar boards on the walls, add some drywall, re coating the cast bath tub, adding new sink and some inset shelves with lighting. Busy bever he will be for the next month.

Deelite
12-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Ohh Yuck! I am feeling gross after eatting 5 waffer cookies before my dinner. Now my dinner is ready and I am not even hungry. Why did I do it?I have to get rid of these sweets. This afternoon I helped myself to the brownies plus I had a turtle.
I hope that you guys are doing better than me.

SuzyMc
12-28-2008, 08:04 PM
We had a nice Christmas, but I have to say that I'm glad that it is over. The tree and decorations have been put away and things are pretty much back to normal.

We're still waiting for the baby, so nothing to report there.

gdeann
12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
We removed and packed away the tree and decorations today. Christmas is officially over!! I'm like you Dee! I am actually looking forward to eating healthy and be done with all of this junk & leftovers. Steve & I start January 1, without all the beer, wine, junk food in the house.
Liz left today heading back home. We had fun but she was also ready to get back to her home. Our little girl has grown up into an independant young woman.

Deelite
12-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Gayle I know that when Liz moved away you were having a hard time with it. Are you doing better now? It sounds like you are ok with her living far away.

Am I the only one that leaves the Christmas decorations up til new years? I am still enjoying the lights and decortations.

Today Larry went to body sculpt with me, which is my weight class. He usually does free weights and the aliptycla and tredmill. He was so sore after. He couldn't believe how intense the class is. He said that he works hard but not that hard......lol

ShelleyM
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
You all are so quick putting away the decorations. I thought most people waited until New Year's, but what do I know? I've never had to deal with it. I usually do take Hanukkah decorations down right after it's over though. I hate to admit it, but I didn't put one decoration up this year.

Dee-Too funny that Larry had trouble with the weights. Oh, and thank your friend very much for the runner comment!!

Goodies?? There are still tons of them in my kitchen. I have not touched any for 2 days now. I have still been eating too many nuts though.

gdeann
12-29-2008, 08:25 PM
We usually keep ours up until after the first of the year. Steve decided to take the tree down while he had time, so I decided, what the heck! Do it all while I had help.

Busy here! I'll try to check in later!!!

Deelite
12-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Gayle that is a wise move, I probably would have done the same thing. Is Steve off on another trip?

Shelley you really do look like a runner. I am glad that you are off the sweets. Nuts are good for you and you could use a few extra anyways.

I made better food choices today, more controlled choices but still had sweets. It is a slow process but in a few days I should be off them.

coles
12-30-2008, 08:24 AM
We usually leave the tree up until after New Years but I am working all week so figured I'd take it down when I was off.
Whats everyone up to for New Year's Eve? I don't even make it to 12 these days.

gdeann
12-30-2008, 10:08 AM
Steve is on a 2 week vacation, so while I have been working/doing holiday stuff, he has been in charge of the house/Allison. It has been nice to not keep looking at the clock trying to make it in time for school to be out etc.

Even though Liz is hours away, we visit almost daily by cell phone or the net. Liz & her dad text message throughout the day. She is on FB and a few other sites, so we always seem to know what is happening in their life. As do the two of them... they keep close tabs on us by checking to see what's up. They made it back late Sunday to welcome an invasion of friends coming up to ski. Sounds like they are having fun. It's nice to know we have raised a responsible young adult who is doing well in her married life without the help of mommy/daddy.

We still have two cakes in the fridge! They are being tossed today along with a few other goodies. I am on the last of my wine and then no more stops by the liquor store unless it is a special occasion.

I found the cute little star stickers like teachers use. The first of the year I am going to add one color of star for eating right each day on the calendar and another color of star for exercising each day. Then after so many stars collected, I am going to turn them in for "cash" and purchase something just for me. I thought seeing the stars may be the extra visual motivation I need.

Well, my mommy isn't doing so hot, made an appointment to get her in today for an xray, I think she may be retaining fluid again in her lungs. My brother showed up at her house long enough yesterday to set a new (better) schedule for her with treatments and to crank her oxygen up (a big no-no) He thinks he is helping but really has no idea what he is doing. I told her she needs to decide between the two of us who is going to help her out with the medical stuff. I am tired of going back and fixing what he messes up. Boy, I'm grouchy, huh?? LOL! I also have an Aunt/her sister getting a pacemaker today.

Well better go!

SuzyMc
12-30-2008, 10:09 PM
He's here and he's all boy weighing in at 9 lbs. 5 oz.! Mommy, Daddy and baby are all doing fine. It's all I can do to keep from getting in the car and heading straight to NC! I'm not sure I like being a long distance grandma.

Deelite
12-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Congratulations Suzy......finally a boy bundle. I am sure that it must be hard for you not to be with the baby and mom and dad. Do you know when you will get to seeee your grandson? By the way what is his name? He sure is a big guy!

Gayle how is your mom doing today? I hope that she lets you take care of her and tells your brother that you have it under control. My prayers are with your mom and her family. God give her strength and lots of oxygen.
How did your aunt make out? I hope that she is on the road to recovery.

Tomorrow we are having our New Years Eve party and an evening of murder. It will be fun. Tonight I am stuggling with the thoughts of Vivian's death and anniversary of her funeral and wedding anniversary. Tomorrow is the big day. For years we have been going over to their place to celebrate new years and their anniversary. There was always country jamming going on. It was so much fun. I am afraid to put on their cd because of all the tears I will shed and Larry will just look at me. We also have his aunts funeral tomorrow. The prayers were tonight.

Hug the ones you love.

ShelleyM
12-31-2008, 06:17 AM
Hugs and prayers to you and Larry, Dee!! You will have such a full day today, but have fun tonight. Sounds exciting. We will need full details.

Congratulations again, Suzy!!

Gayle-I hope your mom is better today. I am sending prayers.

Guess what??? Sherry is on FB!! I sent out friend suggestions to her with all of you on FB. She hasn't posted anything yet, but I am excited to "see" her again.

gdeann
01-01-2009, 09:37 AM
HAPPY 2009!

I'm so happy the new addition arrived Suzy! If I remember correctly, she is just a little lady to be having a 9+ baby!

Dee, we stay in contact with Liz almost daily. Life is different then it use to be now with easy access to the net/cell phones etc.

Shelley, I accepted Sher as a friend, but no reply as of yet.

I need to take my mom back to the heart specialist out of town. All bloodwork came out ok and what they thought was the problem, isn't. More then likely her heart is not pumping efficiantly as we were aware of, just declining as the months are going by. I need to call them the first of the week to see what the next step will be.

Janice, when will you be leaving for our vacation?

Cheryl, how was Jakes first Christmas? Also, how is WW's working for you?

Wishing all of you a great day today and sending the best New Years wishes ever!

ShelleyM
01-01-2009, 10:59 AM
It looks like we have all accepted Sherry as our friend, now we need to get her out of hiding!!

Happy New Year to all my Floozie friends.

SuzyMc
01-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Happy New Year everyone! It's been a busy few days here, but I'm hoping now that the holidays are all over and the babies have safely arrived and all are doing well that life will slow down a bit and get back to normal again!

gdeann
01-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Suzy, have you found out anything involving the test for diabetes?

SuzyMc
01-03-2009, 09:32 AM
All of the tests came back fine...no diabetes. That's good, but it doesn't tell me what the problem is. Personally I think the problems are due to the sinus problems and how sick I was in October and November and my body is just completely out of whack from being sick and all of the meds I was on. My doctor said that it was certainly a possibility, so for now I'm trying to follow a healthy routine (healthy food, water, sleep, exercise) and see if that helps. If symptoms continue then I will have more testing done.

We're hoping to go to NC to see the newest grandbaby later this month or in early February. Tim is going to have to have some minor surgery, so we're hoping to make the trip after that, so he can recover down there and not be tempted to go into work before he should.

I hope you can find some answers for your mother's problems, Gayle. I know how frustrating it is to take care of a parent with heart trouble...you and your mom remain in my prayers.

The holidays are tough aren't they Dee? I think I cried more this holiday season than I did last. I really thought that after a year that it would be easier.

Deelite
01-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Suzy I hear ya....it is tough. Hugs to you because I know that we both need one.
I am glad to hear that you don't have diabetes. I hope that you will feel better soon by taking care of yourself.

ShelleyM
01-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Suzy-Glad to hear no diabetes. Hopefully your healthy routine will help you to feel better.

Deelite
01-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey Shelley your a lady with little words' how are you doing? Did you enjoy your time off?

Well two weeks to go and I am on my way. Started thinking about what to pack yesterday. Larry is going to be away for 5 days just before I leave but will be home to see me off.

Gayle how is your mom doing today?

My mom and dad left for BC for the winter today. They waited out te snow storm we had yesterday.

Deelite
01-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Check out this link ( i hope that it works) it is pictures of our evening of murder on new years eve.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70557&l=650b5&id=533770752

SuzyMc
01-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Thanks for sharing your photos, Dee! It looks like the party was great fun! So...who did it?

gdeann
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Mom is doing so-so... good days, bad days. waiting for the call from the heart clinic. I had another Uncle pass on Saturday. The funeral is Tuesday. I am getting very tired of ill people and funerals, such is life...

Loved the pics Dee! You are adorable!

Well, I need to go! Just came in from work, need to get dinner prepared and then take Allie to religion classes. I'll check in later!

SuzyMc
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Your family certainly has had more than its share, Gayle. My sympathies to you and your family. Hopefully things will get better from here... :hug:

Deelite
01-06-2009, 01:34 PM
Gayle I am sorry to hear that you have another loved one pass away. How big is your family anyways and how many are left? I hope that your mom can improve soon.

I am just checking in for a minute. I am heading off for a massage and then I will be busy getting Ukranian Christmas dinner ready. The kids will be down for dinner.

gdeann
01-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Dee, my family is getting smaller each year! Most of my Aunts/Uncles are now in the late 70's-80's, so it is expected. On my dad's side, there are only 2 left from a large family. My mom has 2 sisters left and a BIL. She originally started out with 7 in her family. Over the past 3 years, I can't even count how many we have lost. I hope we decide to take a break for awhile.

I need to head out to the shop, I'll check in later!

Deelite
01-07-2009, 01:49 PM
I understand about the family getting older. My dad had 18 in the family and now there is only 6 left. He is the baby. In mom's family there were 4 and she is the only one left. She was the oldest.

Today once I get off this computer christmas will be officially over. I am going to undecorate my house. I put up so much stuff that it will take all afternoon and then tonight Larry will still have to help me with the garland and the tree.

Have an awesome day ladies.

Deelite
01-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Ladies does anyone have a new chalenge for themselves this year? Healthier life style, dropping some pounds, exercising, eat less white foods.....etc

I am going to eat less whites and cut back again from eatting sweets.

T

coles
01-08-2009, 07:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
I loved your FB pics Dee, looks like you have been having lots of fun.
Gayle - I know what you mean about everyone getting older. Most of my aunts and uncles are now in the 70's. They all have various ailments some very serious.
Anyone watching Oprah, she had some good shows this week on goals and how to reach. Admitting that she has gained a lot of weight and is going to try to lose it for good. She is such an inspiration.
I want to lose this weight once and for all. I am so sick of starting and quitting and gaining it all back.

Deelite
01-08-2009, 09:31 PM
It has been a long stressful day. Without going into to much detail for lack of time and energy.....my mom was hospitalized tuesday morning unknown to us til I tracked down my dad today. They didn't make it to there winter destination. The elevation was to high for mom and she is having problems, her carbon dixoxide is way to high. They will have to medivac her home asap or should I say when there is a bed available in one of our 7 hospitals. It is hard to beleive there are no beds available. I am totally drainned as I have been on the phone since 11 this morning.

I had a melt down this afternoon when i realized that i couldn't phone aunty sally any more. there is no one up stream from me just brother and sisters. how alone i felt.

Please pray for mom as she is in a bad state and my dad too.

gdeann
01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I am so sorry Dee, are are facing this alone without Aunt Sally. We take on different roles in life and it is now your turn to be the one for guidence & strenth. Prayers sent sweetie!

SuzyMc
01-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Dee, I'm so sorry to hear this news about your mom! I'm saying prayers for her health and a safe return home. Please keep us posted!

What is it with our little group? It seems like we all have more than our share of hardships and heartbreak to deal with right now. I sure hope things start to get better for us all very soon!

gdeann
01-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing Suzy. I'm also wondering if any of you have heard from Cheryl? She has been on my mind the past few days.

gdeann
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I just checked, Cheryl hasn't posted here since 12/17/08.

Deelite
01-09-2009, 06:25 PM
hmm wonder where Cheryl is? Gayle did you email her?

Thanks for the prayers. I feel calmer today but we have lots of unresolved issues to deal with.

There won't be any beds available here at least until monday. Dad is thinking of driving home or flying her home on a regular flight. It is over $10000 to medivac her home. They can afford it but he is cheap. We will see what the doctor says. He might not let her leave unless medivaced. She would need a perscription for oxygen so we will have to see what happens.
The nurse said that she is about the same as yesterday. I think that with a few days rest and getting her down from the high elevation will help. That is what caused the problem in the first place. Well I better go I have to email everyone an update from my dad and the hospital. Please keep us in your prayers.

ShelleyM
01-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Dee-I just read about your mom on FB. I am sending many prayers to you.

Sorry, ladies! I spend so much time on FB because everything is so up to date on you all and I can keep in touch with everyone on all the boards. I'll try to be here everyday!

I had my measurements for my 3rd month at the gym. My bf is down from 30% to 27%, and my BMI is 22. Weight is up though:(

gdeann
01-10-2009, 09:25 AM
Shelley, you are doing amazing! If your body fat is down and weight up, you must be gaining muscle mass. GREAT JOB! How low are you wanting to get your body fat?

ShelleyM
01-10-2009, 12:37 PM
However low I can get it:)

Deelite
01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Shelley wow way to go. Don't worry about your weight gain, think about how your clothes ar fitting you.

Thanks for all the prayers. Mom improved a bit yesterday. There won't be any beds available til at least monday. My oldest brother from ontario is flying down to be with dad and to try and get the van back home. I think that the support for dad is good. He said it wasn't necessary but didn't refuse when Garry said that he would go. I am relieved and less stressed. It looks like mom will recover. It makes it that more stressful when I am leaving home for so long when she is sick.

Got to run, lots of running around to do before Larry leaves monday on a business trip.

xox

Deelite
01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Wave

Shelley don't do that you will look to skinny and then if you get sick it will be harder to bounce back.

SuzyMc
01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Dee ~ I'm glad to hear that things are looking a little better. My prayers continue for your mom.

Gayle ~ How is your mom doing?

I miss hearing from Cheryl too, but I know she has her hands full with working and taking care of a family.

Janice hasn't been around much either...

We should start a new thread each month whether Cheryl is here or not...otherwise they get too long which makes the page slow to load. I know we are all busy, so should we just say whoever is the first here on the first of the month will start a new thread?

Deelite
01-10-2009, 03:58 PM
sounds good to me suzy. thanks for the prayers.

coles
01-10-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm here, I read the posts everyday, just not much happening in my life.
Dee-I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing better, what a worry.
Shelley - you are doing fantastic, I wish had your dicipline. I have been on this roller coaster too long, I am a yo-yo for sure.
Suzy - you lucky girl with all those grandbabies, enjoy them.
Is Cheryl on FB?

gdeann
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
STOP!

A new thread has been started!

McSkinney's Loozing Floozies JANUARY #1

See ya there!