The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing - TBL Season 6 - Show Discussion - **SPOILERS** - #2 - Dec 9 onward

sportmom
12-10-2008, 12:31 AM
We're 3 shy of 500 posts on the other thread - time to start a new one!! No doubt the finale will generate a lot more posts between now and next week!

Diva
12-10-2008, 08:41 AM
I'm voting for Mr. 2 pounds :)

Heba didn't do herself any favors hooking her star to Vicky...

... or by rolling her eyes when Allison broke the news...\

Also, I'm SO incredibly happy for Michelle. She showed nothing but class through the entire process and I love how honest she is. What a woman!

I hope Michelle takes it all, and you're right! She has shown a great amount of class whereas Icky has been nothing but a (b)witch the entire time and Hubba was fast on her heels. BOTH of them behaved badly and turned off a lot of people this season. I pray Michelle loses more, even if she wins by a mere 1%, it would be AWESOME!!!!

Off off to the NBC site to vote for ED! LOL!

Diva
12-10-2008, 08:46 AM
You can go vote up to 10 times HERE! (http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/vote/register.shtml)

RangerChic
12-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Yes, I've already voted for Ed 5 times online. I see Heba as the greater threat too, so putting him in the final 3 is better for Michelle.

I will go crazy if Vicky wins. Ack.

dixied
12-10-2008, 11:53 AM
I'm pimping the next Biggest Loser challenge, sign ups are going on now over at this thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=1#post2490424

Jen415
12-10-2008, 12:53 PM
I REEEEEALY hope Ed pimping votes for Heba is not part of the gameplay.....but I bet it is.

Statistically, Ed in the final 3 benefits Michelle more than if Heba was in.

ennay
12-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I want Michelle to win and one of the Amy's to take the 100K prize. I really liked Amy(the daughter) and she is my first choice (man still kicking her for not booting Vicki) but wouldnt it be a nice burr in Vicki's butt if Phil/Amy won and Vicki got NADA

ennay
12-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I REEEEEALY hope Ed pimping votes for Heba is not part of the gameplay.....but I bet it is.

Statistically, Ed in the final 3 benefits Michelle more than if Heba was in.

Oh it totally was. He sandbagged in the hopes that Michelle fell below with him.

dixied
12-10-2008, 01:05 PM
I have heard(i think in this site) that they would be startign anew in January. Does anybody what the theme will be? I am tired of couples I want my singles back?

Couples again, unfortunately. I fear we will have more drama llamas. I think the next season should be all single people with no connection whatsoever. Let's see more Matt & Suzy type interaction, less evil alliances.

On Yahoo there was a survey about who should win this season:

PRIMETIME ASKS!

Who should win "The Biggest Loser"?

Ed 3%
Heba 10%
Vicky 3%
Michelle 85%

Who is the 3% voting for Vicky? In what way does she deserve to win anything but Miss Un-Congeniality!

sportmom
12-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Other miserable people like her who just show up to throw the vote? They are the cynists in life on all facets.

StraitLover
12-10-2008, 02:04 PM
I did some calculations. Assuming my math is correct, if Michelle loses another 30 lbs by the finale (absolutely do-able IMO), in order to beat her, Vicki would have to lose 36 lbs at home, Heba 50 lbs, and Ed 70 lbs. So, IMO, Vicki is the only real threat to Michelle as long as Michelle keeps with the program. Even with winning the BL meal Plan, how likely is it that Heba or Ed would pull those big numbers at home this late in the game???

dixied
12-10-2008, 02:26 PM
I did some calculations. Assuming my math is correct, if Michelle loses another 30 lbs by the finale (absolutely do-able IMO), in order to beat her, Vicki would have to lose 36 lbs at home, Heba 50 lbs, and Ed 70 lbs. So, IMO, Vicki is the only real threat to Michelle as long as Michelle keeps with the program. Even with winning the BL meal Plan, how likely is it that Heba or Ed would pull those big numbers at home this late in the game???

They get 4 months at home before the finale, right?

That means to lose over 50 lbs, Heba needs to lose over 3.125 pounds a week. I hate to say it, but it is possible. Healthy, probably not. But possible, yes. Also we need to account for dehydration at the finale. They will purposely dehydrate themselves to lose the excess water weight.

Someone correct me on how long they have at home and I will break out the spreadsheet with the stats.

hereyago
12-10-2008, 02:36 PM
You can go vote up to 10 times HERE! (http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/vote/register.shtml)

Thanks for posting this.

Go Ed!!!

Ed totally gamed his weigh in. Perhaps if he had been honest he might have pushed Heba and Vicky to the bottom, but that didn't happen.

For sure they wanted to split up to increase their chances of winning both the at home and biggest loser prize.

I too am disappointed that we are going the couple route again. Hope they, NBC and the producers, mix it up better to prevent this kind of audience polarizing with Vicky and entourage. However, it sure did create a lot of buzz for the show.

Didn't someone post that Kim will be back too so we will have 3 trainers?

Have always loved Bob and still do except for him promoting blue forever to a fault. Hope he changes a bit as a result of seeing himself this season.

Always liked Jillian but didn't love her. She has changed my opinion this year too. Would love to have the opportunity to spend 3 months on the ranch even if I had to figure out how to pay for it.

kelly315
12-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Who is the 3% voting for Vicky? In what way does she deserve to win anything but Miss Un-Congeniality!

haha...but seriously, tell me about it. What was NBC thinking when they chose her to be on this show??? Let's take it in a new direction. People don't want to be inspired anymore, oh no, they want to watch tv to find someone to hate!!

Geez.

StraitLover
12-10-2008, 03:11 PM
They get 4 months at home before the finale, right?

That means to lose over 50 lbs, Heba needs to lose over 3.125 pounds a week. I hate to say it, but it is possible. Healthy, probably not. But possible, yes. Also we need to account for dehydration at the finale. They will purposely dehydrate themselves to lose the excess water weight.

Sure, it's possible, but I just don't think she'll do it.

L144S
12-10-2008, 03:46 PM
I posted a LONG post on the other thread! So or your reading enjoyment I have copied it over :)
Also at the bottom are the weight loss amounts to get to the magic 50%

Well H has little chance to catch up to the % of Michelle or Vicky and it is unlikely she would lose the 60+ lbs she would have to to get to a 50% loss. Ed has to lose somethng like 84lbs to reach the 50% while V and M have to lose somewhere in the high 40's.

I just thought that ED was so stupid to throw away his chance. He may be selfless but he just gave up in my view taking Heba with him.

I don;t like some of the things Heba has done this season and I don't think she had a clue at the time what hitching herself to Vicky would mean when the show aped vs taired. That said, I think once ed came back Heba became more likeable and I think he grounds her and she really has not said anything nasty since he came back.

It also agrivated me that Vicky learned not one thing and is coming out the other side the same person she went in only thinner. Maybe if she has read the internet, and my guess is she has because she is that kind of person (PS I would too) she knows that the posting public does not like her one bit. I did not really understand when she said to bob she "got it" because everythng she said and done contradicted that statement not just once but all the time even on the show last night about not eating vetables and eating out all the time. Does she remember that Brady went home and continued to lose weight? Does she even concider that HE already started the changes with the kids? GEEZZ!!!! So self absorbed!

If Vicky wins, and it is NOT my money, she will have won for most weigh lost, but as all of us who struggle here we know that the money will never buy her a clue into what it means to LIVE this day in and day out. She will not be a spokeswoman for me and I would not tune in to listen to her about how she changed her life because I am not sure she has.

On the revese side. Michelle has an engaging personality and while watching her watch her video, she was just beautiful in seeing herself change into a new person. I thik she is a lot like Ali who just "got it".

-L
Well to reach that magic 50% ...

Vicky needs to lose 47 more pounds

Ed needs to lose 84 more pounds

Heba needs to lose 70 more pounds

Michelle needs to lose 41 more pounds

sportmom
12-10-2008, 03:56 PM
DId anyone else think that Vicky was trying to throw the challenge by walking it? I just knew that SHE thought she KNEW that they would have to do it again and the real winner would be the one who took the most time off their first run (think the football challenge). I really felt strongly that was the only reason she was walking when everyone else could run, i mean, did you see her smile and gleam when they were describing the prize - she would have done anything to win it and even said so! I was so glad to see that nbc did not play the game that way yesterday.

Jen415
12-10-2008, 04:13 PM
haha...but seriously, tell me about it. What was NBC thinking when they chose her to be on this show???
Geez.

They were thinking: "She will make good TV."

Unfortunately, as a human being, she sucks.

ennay
12-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Do you think any of them will really get to the 50% mark. I seem to recall that last season Ali lost 12 lbs at home and Roger lost 6? Ali couldnt possibly have lost any more, I think since then she has put back on 10 lbs intentionally.

I thought they either got 6 weeks or 3 months at home...cant remember, I didnt think it was 4 months.

ennay
12-11-2008, 01:18 PM
DId anyone else think that Vicky was trying to throw the challenge by walking it? I just knew that SHE thought she KNEW that they would have to do it again and the real winner would be the one who took the most time off their first run (think the football challenge). I really felt strongly that was the only reason she was walking when everyone else could run, i mean, did you see her smile and gleam when they were describing the prize - she would have done anything to win it and even said so! I was so glad to see that nbc did not play the game that way yesterday.

I think early on she figured out she had no shot against Ed or Michelle so she just phoned it in. For all her talk about how hard she works, I never saw her push herself hard without Bob in her face. Hopefully when she gets home she wont be able to push herself either.

L144S
12-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I think they have another 4 months at home before the finally.
What they can't factor in is how the public will see them when they get home because the show has not aired.

When they left the ranch ED and Heba may have assumed that the public would love heba and vicky and want to see them in the final together, maybe Ed did not work that hard...then about 6 weeks ago when Heba and vicky exploded on phil and Amy and then Vicky and Brady started water logging to change the WI the game was on and Vicky/Brady and Heba came off as not very nice people. The contestants had all been home by then now watching the show and seeing the web reaction. it was about then that Vicky made her myspace page a read only and comment would be aproved first. Heba and ed went completely private.

It may have been about then that Ed had to kick it into high gear because the public liked him but not his wife.

Is it possible to hit 50%? many contestants have and in the last 2 years all of them have and the winner may have been over 50% and of the twins the at home lost more than his brother the winner.

AND even if Heba hits 50% it will not be the end for her, but % makes it fair. I remember the first 2 seasons were only by weight and second was men against women and there was no way which was why Bob's team won :)

trekkiegirl
12-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Do you think any of them will really get to the 50% mark. I seem to recall that last season Ali lost 12 lbs at home and Roger lost 6? Ali couldnt possibly have lost any more, I think since then she has put back on 10 lbs intentionally.
I thought they either got 6 weeks or 3 months at home...cant remember, I didnt think it was 4 months.

Roger lost 20 pounds before the finale, all of which, plus 1 more, he gained back. He had set the record for on campus weight lost at 144 (at the finale the figure was 164) and when he was on Oprah earlier this year, they said Roger lost 143 pounds. He gained back at least 21 pounds.

Ali was 122 on the finale and 125 on Oprah. Jay gained a little back as well. Mark had a greater weight gain but it suited him. IIRC, he was in the 150s for the finale and he was 189 on Oprah. He's more broad-shouldered and muscular-looking now than he was at the finale.

I like Ed, though I'm kinda disappointed that he threw the game to try to secure the spot for Heba. But that being said, I do believe he wanted it more for her than himself. Not that I think he doesn't care about losing weight himself--he does and it really seems like he's implementing changes with both his habits and his cooking--I just think the finale and the "biggest loser" title mean more to her than to him. He's obviously devoted to his wife, can't fault him for that. I am very curious about how both of them will look next week. Ed's elimination video said he wanted to be 180 by the finale, which, if he succeeds in reaching at least that, would give him roughly a 47% loss.

At this point, I don't know if the public does like Ed better than Heba. I think, unfortunately for him, he's gotten a bum rap for any number of reasons that have nothing to do with his behavior. He's married to Heba, he's wearing a blue shirt, he's not opposed Vicky, some folks still have him and Brady confused. It was like Brady left and Ed replaced him and they're transferring the negative stuff they were saying about Brady to Ed when he wasn't even there that whole time of the fighting and was never shown to be mean or bullying. I've also seen around the net some slurs because he's Southern and the way he talks they think makes him sound stupid. A lot of people seem to be voting for Ed, not because of Ed, but as an anti-Heba vote, and a way of not giving them want they want.

You know, I found absolutely nothing from or about Brady after he went home. Usually, interviews and articles would be online within a day or two on the others but there was nothing from Brady. I wonder how the audience at he finale is going to react to Vicky and if they'll be warned beforehand to not boo or anything.

RangerChic
12-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Just saw this listed on Bob's myspace profile:

HEBA WORKED SO HARD THIS SEASON AND DESERVES TO GET MY VOTE AND AMERICA'S VOTE...PLEASE VOTE FOR HER!!!!

Andi18
12-12-2008, 10:32 PM
so I'm hoping this is good news ;)

Vicky's status on Myspace: "Biggest Loser Vicky tried on her heels for the finale and still can't walk in them from the broken foot. Bummer!!! I refuse to wear a "hot" dress with a cast!"

dixied
12-12-2008, 10:59 PM
so I'm hoping this is good news ;)

Vicky's status on Myspace: "Biggest Loser Vicky tried on her heels for the finale and still can't walk in them from the broken foot. Bummer!!! I refuse to wear a "hot" dress with a cast!"

She's such a manipulative schemer that she's probably either a) faking it to justify not loosing at home or b) doesn't really have a broken foot, trying to lure Michelle into a false sense of security.

This show has made me cynical, hasn't it? :p

trekkiegirl
12-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Just saw this listed on Bob's myspace profile:

HEBA WORKED SO HARD THIS SEASON AND DESERVES TO GET MY VOTE AND AMERICA'S VOTE...PLEASE VOTE FOR HER!!!!

TV Guide (this week's I think?) mentioned that Heba is Bob's favorite.

Vahla
12-13-2008, 05:57 AM
I know that a lot of people were put off this season by Vicky and her scheming ways but when she loses it will just be sweeter for whoever wins, that is..I hope she loses, someone like that doesn't deserve to win on a show that is really more than the weightloss and should show a complete life change, she just hasn't changed.

ksk571
12-15-2008, 05:46 PM
She's such a manipulative schemer that she's probably either a) faking it to justify not loosing at home or b) doesn't really have a broken foot, trying to lure Michelle into a false sense of security.

This show has made me cynical, hasn't it? :p

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if it is somehow more game play. Call me cynical, too!

MotoMichelle
12-16-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm glad it will be over tonight. I'm tired of these contestants and didn't really enjoy this season that much.

Hopefully next season will be better!

RangerChic
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
45 minutes till the finale! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and I hope Michelle takes home the Biggest Loser title. :)

Andi18
12-16-2008, 09:03 PM
wow, I didn't realize Ali was THAT pregnant already!

RangerChic
12-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Ed took it in a landslide! :)

sportmom
12-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Who are you voting for for the 3 previous season contestants? I voted for Andrea. I was gonna vote for the blonde, Ryan, but in the spirit of "down with mean" tonite, I did not. I remember she had an issue where she stirred up the pot before she got voted off. I remember Andrea was there in the finale with Suzy, Matt, and the male Ryan (I think). Nice to see that she's still looking good.

junebug41
12-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Ok that was priceless.

ETA: I have to say, it seemed like Heba and Ed both knew how it was going to go. Just not... that bad.

ETA #2: The green team looks fabulous!!!

RangerChic
12-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Amy and Phil looked amazing! I really wish she would have taken home the home prize. Anyway, I'm happy for Heba because she did lose a lot of weight.

As far as the previous contestant thing, I too voted for Andrea.

RangerChic
12-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I am soooooo happy right now. Michelle rocks!!! :D

futuresize6
12-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Karma baby, Karma!!!!
That is why Icky didn't win, positive vibes out and Michele gets the win!!!!!!!

Bette k
12-16-2008, 11:34 PM
I don't know which was better, Vicki losing, or that she lost by 1 lb. Just before she weighed in she had that smirk that showed she thought she had it. I think she looked shocked when she was just 1 lb short.

Diva
12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
I don't know which was better, Vicki losing, or that she lost by 1 lb. Just before she weighed in she had that smirk that showed she thought she had it. I think she looked shocked when she was just 1 lb short.

Karma Babeeeeeee! That totally rocked! I am so happy for Michelle!!!!!:carrot:

sportmom
12-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Nah, KARMA is nearly doing a butt plant on national tv in front of millions of viewers. I didn't laugh or think it funny at the time, but it's just the way things should work for the Queen of Mean. I did hear her mention about the broken foot tho, so whoever commented about reading that on a blog somewhere was right. I'm surprised they didn't cover that in her little video clip about how she was training so hard that she was injured. I thought it was interesting - and surprisingly - how she gave Phil credit for grounding her in her struggles when she said Phil told her on one of their conf calls to stop worrying and just live in the minute.

junebug41
12-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Nah, KARMA is nearly doing a butt plant on national tv in front of millions of viewers. I didn't laugh or think it funny at the time, but it's just the way things should work for the Queen of Mean. I did hear her mention about the broken foot tho, so whoever commented about reading that on a blog somewhere was right. I'm surprised they didn't cover that in her little video clip about how she was training so hard that she was injured. I thought it was interesting - and surprisingly - how she gave Phil credit for grounding her in her struggles when she said Phil told her on one of their conf calls to stop worrying and just live in the minute.

I can't believe with a broken foot they sent her out onto the stage in 6 inch clear stripper heels. Ouch!

I thought all the women looked AMAZING.

Amarantha2
12-17-2008, 12:48 AM
I was also happy with the outcome as I feel Michelle is probably the nicest person this season.

Everyone did an amazing job, though.

ennay
12-17-2008, 02:15 AM
Woooohooo Michelle !!!

And karma on Ed/Heba for messing with the last weigh in, it back fired. Heba would have won the whole thing. She looked amazing, I was very impressed with Heba's loss at home.

hereyago
12-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Loved the results show last night!

Was really rooting for Amy P or Phil to win. I think Amy was way too small, and should probably gain some weight back. She looked much older with her face as gaunt as it was.

I think Vicky's nod to Phil about helping her out in a conference call was not sincere and an attempt to quiet down all the bad press she has gotten.

Heba looked good - very pretty. I think Ed and Heba were surprised at the outcome. And she could have won it all.

Next season looks like it will be amazing. Heaviest cast ever.

Thin4Good
12-17-2008, 09:36 AM
I agree- Heba and Ed looked shocked IMO. May be my imagination but I was pretty sure Heba was about to cry. (not that I blame her) I did vote for Ed though. -I'm sure outcome would have been different, at least closer if they hadn't done that but really, she just came off as a spoiled brat with the "I deserve this, vote for me" - as though he didn't.

I was THRILLED when Michelle won!!!

Amarantha2
12-17-2008, 09:41 AM
I am looking forward to next season and am glad we won't have long to wait.

Amarantha2
12-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Re Heba and Ed, I agree that the outcome would have been a lot different if they hadn't done the "Heba deserves this, vote for Heba, she's the one!" :lol:

It would have so redeemed the impression Heba left with viewers had she graciously countered Ed's plea to vote for her with a plea to vote for Ed and a praise of her beloved spouse as a wonderful, deserving person, as he did for her. But instead, she kind of said yah yah he's nice and wants me to win because I deserve it. :lol:

That was really irritating. Anyhow, she did look amazing and she would have won.

Terri in MO
12-17-2008, 11:14 AM
That was a great season finale last night. I loved the look on Heba's face when she didn't get to go on because she came prepared to win the whole thing. She did look amazing last night and so I was okay with her winning the $100,000. She lost it, she deserved it. I thought Amy P and Phil were both too gaunt last night. It will be interesting to see if they maintain their losses or if they put some weight back on.

I was very happy for Michelle and she achieved a reasonable weight.

They all lost so much weight this season. I wonder how many will be able to maintain what they had to do to lose so much in such a short period of time. I'd like to see more about how all the previous participants are doing with maintaining.

Looking forward to the next season which is just a few weeks away. Yay!

Kimphin
12-17-2008, 11:37 AM
I am soooo glad Michelle won. She had the best 'spirit' of all the finalists.

Heba needed a much better bra! I know that things get "saggy" but....sheesh! Other than that, she looked really good.

My TiVo died at the 45 minute mark. I was soooo mad! I have now set it to record the rerun on Fine Living Network on Saturday.

mtnheart
12-17-2008, 01:18 PM
I am so happy this season is done and the new season is on the way.

I stopped watching, but my DVR kept recording, so I sat down over the weekend watched the episodes I missed. I was so glad that in one episode Bob called Vicky out about her game play versus life change. That redeemed a lot of the season for me- Even if I still disliked Vicky, Ed and Heba.

I love Michelle, she has the most class. If either of the other 3 had won, I would have been very upset. I know the new season is already in production, but I hope NBC gets the message that fans want a show about people changing their lives, not a bunch of Survivor rats and snakes. (I love Survivor too, but just not in The Biggest Loser).

In the end, I hope everyone maintains a healthy weight and lives happily ever after. But then again this is reality television we are talking about!

Diva
12-17-2008, 02:23 PM
I am so happy this season is done and the new season is on the way.

I stopped watching, but my DVR kept recording, so I sat down over the weekend watched the episodes I missed. I was so glad that in one episode Bob called Vicky out about her game play versus life change. That redeemed a lot of the season for me- Even if I still disliked Vicky, Ed and Heba.

I love Michelle, she has the most class. If either of the other 3 had won, I would have been very upset. I know the new season is already in production, but I hope NBC gets the message that fans want a show about people changing their lives, not a bunch of Survivor rats and snakes. (I love Survivor too, but just not in The Biggest Loser).

In the end, I hope everyone maintains a healthy weight and lives happily ever after. But then again this is reality television we are talking about!

:wave: mtnheart! We are practically neighbors! I live about 20 minutes from you! :D

Lori Bell
12-17-2008, 03:16 PM
I am soooo glad Michelle won. She had the best 'spirit' of all the finalists.

Heba needed a much better bra! I know that things get "saggy" but....sheesh! Other than that, she looked really good.

My TiVo died at the 45 minute mark. I was soooo mad! I have now set it to record the rerun on Fine Living Network on Saturday.

NO KIDDING! That was the first comment out of my mouth! LOL Get those babies up and out girl!! She did look good, I'll have to admit, and if she hadn't been such a B to Phil I would be proud of her. But she needs a bra shopping lesson.

Speaking of Phil...WOW, He looked GREAT. Someone earlier said they though he looked too thin, but I was shocked at how good he looked. I'm not a big shaved head fan, but it looked really good on him. I think he looked pretty hot...;) But me and my whole family was glad Michelle won. She's such a beautiful woman. Everyone looked great, but I was really hoping the big T and LT would have lost a little more. I don't think they tried very hard after they were sent home so early.

Thin4Good
12-17-2008, 04:37 PM
I made the bra comment to DH right away. He said "Well she has lost a ton of weight of course her skin is loose" - um yeah. - So is mine! that's why I wear a bra! ;)

futuresize6
12-17-2008, 04:40 PM
I actually had knots in my stomach about the thought of Icky or Ed taking the big prize-I was afraid of the "nice guys finish last" thing might happen, plus it may promote future players to play like Icky, Brady, Heba, and Ed.
i hope the future contestants get back to real meaning of this show-changing their lives.

mtnheart
12-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi Diva-

I have been born and raised here. I travel alot and its the greatest place to live, just wish we had a bit more snow and maybe a beach house sometimes.

Lori Bell-

My hubby has the same hair thing going on that Phil had during the show and he has been begging to shave it. I have been saying no way, but after seeing Phil last night, I am really considering it. I agree, he looked great. The best of all the guys.

I wished Amy or Phil would have won the $100,000, but like someone else said Heba worked and earned the $100,00.

RangerChic
12-17-2008, 06:49 PM
Yes, Heba did look good, so I think she deserved the at-home prize. I think it all worked out great with Michelle winning Biggest Loser. I do agree though that I would have liked to have seen Amy or Phil take home something, but not everyone can win the money.

Kelleigh
12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
I thought Amy looked amazing in her red dress!
I just love it when they wear something other than black.

H would of looked a lot better had she gotten a decent bra. I think she was about to cry also when she didn't get the vote.

And I think it was crappy of NBC to try and make Icky out to be a human the last few episodes. All her crying, fear of dropping into the water, wah, wah, wah. And that shout out to "Phillip". PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEEE!! Who does she think she fooling?

I thought Brady had a major attitude last night.

trekkiegirl
12-17-2008, 08:36 PM
I was glad Ed was one of the final three (not that there was much doubt about it given voting, lol) but I wish it had come about a different way. Anyway, I knew overall this would be one good-looking group at the finale!

I do have to hand it to Heba. She looked great. If she'd behaved differently on the show, she probably would be TBL now. And Ed did look good.

Yeah, the Toms don't appear to have done as much at home, LT looked like he even gained?

Just some random thoughts and observations...

The whole show seemed kind of awkward...flubs with names, the 2-near plops on the floor, the tension hanging in the air, first with the Ed/Heba result, then Brady, Phil and Amy having to stand together, then Vicky.

Bernie with a mohawk??? Oy. :o Brittany looked like she gained a little back.

LT dressed like he was going to the mall or something. And he gave Ed a big ole hug at the end. Guess he's not mad anymore.

Phil and Heba hugged when she won the $100,000. Another unexpected moment. Interesting that Bob said Heba was his favorite in TV Guide. Not Phil or either of the Amys or Ed. Heba.

Jerry. How great was that? And the nice moment with Dr. H. I wish we would get to see more comments/reactions from the trainers and less recap stuff.

Michelle wore the black instead of the pink.

I wish, like, more of them, like, would stop, like, using the word, like, so many like darn times! :p

I was kind of comparing Vicky and Heba's perceptions of themselves to Mark's last season. Granted, Mark had the benefit of being able to see part of the show (and himself) while it was still being filmed, but my point is that he saw how he was behaving and coming across and he didn't like it so he decided to change it. Vicky I don't think accepts the negative perception of herself at all...she seems to sway between being oblivious to it or justifying it. Heba....I got the feeling Heba had been somewhat aware of herself (and it was probably hammered home after Ed's landslide vote) but she put on a face and basically said so be it.

Vicky and Phil spoke and he gave her words of encouragement??? Weird.

I knew when I saw Heba she was gonna win the at home prize. And when Ali said Michelle had to lose over 100 pounds, I knew she had it. Seriously, the stuff that was going on off camera had more intrigue to it. :p

RangerChic
12-17-2008, 09:02 PM
NBC has some interviews with the contestants after the finale on their site if anyone is interested. Vicky sounds fake when she talks about her working out at home schedule and is getting hammered in the comments of her video.

Terri in MO
12-17-2008, 09:53 PM
I was wondering how the tension between Phil, Amy, Brady and Vicky might have caused them to go to extremes to be the winners. That's why I was thinking that maybe they had gotten too thin too quickly. I don't see Vicky maintaining that workout schedule and I see her putting weight back on quickly.

I wonder if I would be driven to work that hard for the $250K. I would think it would be very stressful. I'd love to go on the show but getting off work for 3 months might be a bit much.

kelly315
12-17-2008, 09:55 PM
I'm unbelievably happy that Vicki almost fell on the stage - hilarious.

CruiseCAT
12-17-2008, 10:23 PM
I am a huge fan of Michelle. Although we have not watched last nights show yet I knew she won when I logged on this morning and it was on the front of my homepage.

Once again they all did GREAT.

EZMONEY
12-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Happy with the winner! They all did great...I did get bored with it this time....so long! I skipped watching the previous 3 shows.

chick_in_the_hat
12-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Yeah, the Toms don't appear to have done as much at home, LT looked like he even gained?

Just for the record -
LT was 342 when he went home (week 3), 270 at the finale. He lost a total of 87 pounds.

Tom was 287 when he went home, 236 at the finale. He lost a total of 78 pounds.

I'm jes saying...NOTHING to sneeze at, people. Given they might not have gotten as far as say Stacey who was only there a week and lost 65 pounds...but hey, give them some credit. I think everyone here knows how freaking hard losing weight is.

There are nifty stats here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser:_Families)

RangerChic
12-18-2008, 11:36 PM
Just for the record -
LT was 342 when he went home (week 3), 270 at the finale. He lost a total of 87 pounds.

I'm jes saying...NOTHING to sneeze at, people. Given they might not have gotten as far as say Stacey who was only there a week and lost 65 pounds...but hey, give them some credit. I think everyone here knows how freaking hard losing weight is.

There are nifty stats here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Biggest_Loser:_Families)

Yeah, I agree while it may not appear as though they worked as hard as the others, they did lose a lot of weight. And, we don't know how their life has been, things get crazy.

trekkiegirl
12-19-2008, 02:00 AM
Just for the record -

I was actually comparing their weights from their updates when they were eliminated to now. LT's update when he was eliminated said he lost 81 pounds, putting him at 276. He was 270 at the finale. Since his update he lost 6 pounds. That's why I didn't notice a difference.

Tom started out at 314, went home at 287, and his update had him at 249. At the finale he was 236. 13 pound difference.

I do respect the weight they lost at the ranch, especially Tom for getting off his meds--although I think LT wasn't above being a gameplayer himself.

chick_in_the_hat
12-19-2008, 12:23 PM
S'all good, Ellie. :D

It's just so easy to forget how wacky these losses are for people to try to achieve IRL. It is my biggest annoyance with this show (and I'm a huge fan) that they always gloss over that these losses are manipulated and a "week" might not actually be 7 days and so on. It saddens me that people feel like a failure when they can't lose 9 pounds a week.

Jillian's radio show is much more realistic...

Thin4Good
12-21-2008, 01:33 AM
I have seen people IRL compare themselves that way too. I think it is in Michelle's blog on Ivillage- she says how they actually work out 6-7 hours a day on the show and they sleep most of the time because they are so exhausted. How many people can do that with their real life going on.

UrthWurm
12-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Wow, working out 6-7 hours a day?
Is that even healthy?

If so, I have enough spare time to do it. xD
I work at Blockbuster like 2-3 days a week, & I'm only enrolled in one college class ATM, until I get fully registered next quarter.
I could seriously work out a few hours a day.

Marms
12-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Even if I had the time, I would not have the discipline to work out 6-7 hours a day. I would need Jillian or Bob there screaming at me to do it. :club:

Vahla
12-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Wow, that quite a workout! I would love to do it if I had the time but real life gets in the way of 7 hour workouts. Still you gotta do what you can and it all counts in the end.

chick_in_the_hat
12-21-2008, 12:16 PM
Wow, working out 6-7 hours a day?
Is that even healthy?

If so, I have enough spare time to do it. xD
I work at Blockbuster like 2-3 days a week, & I'm only enrolled in one college class ATM, until I get fully registered next quarter.
I could seriously work out a few hours a day.

I don't think there anything inherently 'unhealthy' about working out 6-7 hours a day...but how fast is someone going to burn out trying to do that? And will they feel like a failure when they can't pull it off anymore?
IMHO - it's not about what you have time for right now, it's about what do you want to commit to for the rest of your life? Losing the weight is one thing...keeping it off is another.

RangerChic
12-21-2008, 04:03 PM
It's not practical to work out that much a day in real life. I can work out maybe two hours at a time and I am exhausted. But I agree, with Bob or Jillian screaming at me, I'm sure I could push myself further after some crying. :)

angeline
12-21-2008, 08:31 PM
also, i can't imagine what working out 6-7 hours a day would do to my appetite!! that's when the peer pressure of living at the ranch would come in handy. plus i wonder who does the grocery shopping for them - there probably isn't any (or not much) junk food at the ranch so the only temptation would be the challenges and portion sizes!

RangerChic
12-21-2008, 11:21 PM
also, i can't imagine what working out 6-7 hours a day would do to my appetite!! that's when the peer pressure of living at the ranch would come in handy. plus i wonder who does the grocery shopping for them - there probably isn't any (or not much) junk food at the ranch so the only temptation would be the challenges and portion sizes!

Well, they eat more obviously because they burn more. Don't know the exact numbers, but they definitely eat more than 1200 calories a day. They eat like every 3-4 hours easy.
And, Jillian and Bob handpick every food item in the house that shoppers go out and buy. The food conditions for the contestants are amazingly good.

miriam101
12-22-2008, 05:40 AM
I think Heba looked REALLY pretty at the end (save the boobs, of course)! She really did a lot of work - too bad about the crummy personality!

WTG to Michelle for winning! I would have cried - seriously - if Vicky had won!

Everyone did soooo well!

trekkiegirl
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I hope they do a better job next season of not giving away so much in the previews. If you paid close enough attention this season, between the previews they showed on tv from the very first episode (like 7 water slides with green missing so goodbye Adam and Stacey first) and what NBC put online, you could see who was gonna fall below the line, who was going to be eliminated, who was coming back (they had a preview online of Ed in a blue shirt 2 weeks before the return show aired), they really gave a lot away. I was like, oh that's a preview of Coleen looking miserable in the elimination room, guess that means she's below the line. :p

RangerChic
01-01-2009, 01:16 AM
I just wanted to share with everyone a site I'm starting up for The Biggest Loser. It will have more as things get going.
http://biggestlosercompanion.wordpress.com