Weight Loss Support - Odd Shaped Body.........?

View Full Version : Odd Shaped Body.........?

luvja
12-09-2008, 02:40 PM
I REALLY hate my body shape......really really REALLY much. Would you say I am apple shaped? I feel like I'm losing weight on the bottom but not the top so much. My friend and I were just goofing with the camera after working out... and when I seen these pictures of my body I wanted to die. :(

http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/sea1986/IMG_3979.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/sea1986/IMG_3995.jpg
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/sea1986/IMG_3978.jpg

grneyedmustang
12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Yep, I'd say you're an apple. But you're not alone. My stomach is taking it's SLOW SWEET time to go away.

PrettyPaula
12-09-2008, 02:41 PM
yeh u are deffo an apple shape, exactly the same as my mother. it will even out eventually, the same as me with my artificially enhanced hourglass (im really a pear with fake boobs!) i lose on my lower abs and hips last and i hate it.

Extasee58865
12-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Def an apple. But I think you might *think* you're bigger on top then you are just cause you have those ENORMOUS things there! :-) Be happy you got those, even at my highest weight the biggest mine ever got was a B cup... :-(

luvja
12-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Def an apple. But I think you might *think* you're bigger on top then you are just cause you have those ENORMOUS things there! :-) Be happy you got those, even at my highest weight the biggest mine ever got was a B cup... :-(

Haha no no, mine aren't really that big. the bra is just padded and makes them look bigger. Gotta love padded bra's! I actually don't have big boobs at all. They say I'm a C, but I think I'm more B-ish.

JulieJ08
12-09-2008, 03:00 PM
I'd agree you're an apple. I think you look great. Women come in many shapes and men go for all of them.

luvja
12-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks ladies... I really just want hips :( My best friend is an hour glassy/pear and I secretly envy her body..... Shhhh! ;)

JulieJ08
12-09-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks ladies... I really just want hips :( My best friend is an hour glassy/pear and I secretly envy her body..... Shhhh! ;)

LOL. Look at it this way. You'll fit into a way smaller size of jeans at any given weight. I just posted on another thread. The OP weighs 196 and just got into a size 10. Same height as me. At 197 I wore a size 18!. I just barely got into 10s around 149 pounds.

kelly315
12-09-2008, 03:44 PM
aw, I hope our other thread about apples and pears hasn't made you think poorly of yourself. I would kill to know what it's like to be long and leggy, and its a lot easier for apples than pears.
Anyway, I don't think you have an odd shaped body at all. Your tummy's a lot smaller than you describe, and you have a big bust and lean legs, I think you look great !
I think everyone with weight issues comes to hate their shape, but don't let it get you down. You've lost a lot of weight and you're doing awesome.

luvja
12-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks Kelly, YOUR awesome. :)

Extasee58865
12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
LOL. Look at it this way. You'll fit into a way smaller size of jeans at any given weight. I just posted on another thread. The OP weighs 196 and just got into a size 10. Same height as me. At 197 I wore a size 18!. I just barely got into 10s around 149 pounds.

This is so true... When I was at my smallest (140) I still wore a size 13 pants... Check out this pic... I don't think I was fat, but I was still a size 13 because of my hips.... I set my goal weight of 140 based on this pic, I think I was pretty hot! I don't want to be too thin, I still want a little meat ya know... :hug:

etherence
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
I can totally relate to you. At my heaviest weight, my boobs and stomach were the same measurement. :(. But now that I am starting to lose weight, my boobs are shrinking first and my stomach is staying the same! Argh! I hate that but I must press on. It just sucks because then it just makes my stomach look bigger than it is!

horsey
12-09-2008, 04:25 PM
biggest trick as I have this body shape too, is darker colors on top NOT on bottom. So you want the black tee on top and make it a "v" instead of what you have on. Since you have long legs you can wear lighter colors on the bottom. I too am 5'9 and gain all weight in my tummy and upper body. I wear a minimizing bra by Olga that helps shrink the top part a bit. I also am the queen of wearing blazers and vests, usually too dark on the top - often with a tee inside but best if it's darker too like maroon or a darker teal. Navy also works well. You can show off long legs with shorts and skirts again keeping the tops darker. When I've lost weight before too I lose in my lower body first it seems. If you want to balance your body more, when you do weight training do this - do as big of weights as you can on the lower body as you want to build muscle, and on the upper body do lighter weights with more reps. To get rid of the tummy fat, it's a matter of LOTS of cardio and also for the apple shape, a higher protein lower carb diet - we apples tend to gain the belly fat quick if we eat junk food and too many carbs. There's some dieting and exercise books and articles out there for various body shapes but for now if you get pictures taken - at least reverse what you wear - the bright blue would be in the pants and the black would be the shirt, that alone will make a huge difference! And if you want to practice your posture - pull in your stomach and boobs and carry your shoulders back a bit more...

Horo
12-09-2008, 04:27 PM
Don't be upset, both the apple and the pear shape have their annoyances. :p

horsey
12-09-2008, 04:32 PM
Also with your pants you can wear boot cut or wider leg jeans, that helps balance out the larger top half, and when you wear skirts/if you do, do A line skirts, same idea, wider at the bottom to balance out. This body shape isn't as "odd" as you might think, you just learn to show off your GREAT LEGS with cool jeans, pants and skirts and disguise your top half. Another note on your top half, try not to wear prints, always darker colors - navy, maroon, black - with as little detail as possible, clean lines. Small lapels on blazers with a longer v to slenderize. If you wear sweaters no crew cuts, same with tops like the one you have on, always V necks. I have this down to a science - and didn't need to when I was at 5'9 and a size 10 or so - not as much anyways, although I still skinnier had the big shoulders so kept all simple on top.

horsey
12-09-2008, 04:33 PM
When you get the black tee V neck on and light jeans have your friend take pics again and load them?

luvja
12-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Will do, haha. Thanks, I feel as if I have my own fashion consultant!

And extasee, SEXY picture!. :D

Extasee58865
12-09-2008, 04:37 PM
See we get more then weight loss advice here, all these fashion-ista's around here!

FB
12-09-2008, 04:44 PM
You have some rocking legs! Look at you quads on your left (camera left) leg, last photo. I think you carry your weight very very well, and will look rocking in Jamaica. I wish I looked that nice when I was 275!

Not picking on you, just laughing nicely - smoking a cigarette after your workout? That's something a crazy friend of does. :)

horsey
12-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes I know this figure all too well - and have obsessed for years as you can see. True I'm a fashionista, that's my hobby and I'm mad at myself for gaining back 20 lbs this last 4-5 months because I had this odd figure back to "normal" and could wear almost anything again. So here we go again...

WormwoodDoll
12-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Luvja, you look really good for your weight, darling! If you want, I can surely spare some hip and thighs if you want them! ;)

I found this online and it's an interesting picture
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/01/health/adam/19265.jpg

luvja
12-09-2008, 05:50 PM
HAHA yeah I always need a smoke after a good workout... Kinda defeats the whole purpose eh? But thats how I roll.
Thanks again ladies, you sure know how to make a girl feel better :)

luvja
12-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Luvja, you look really good for your weight, darling! If you want, I can surely spare some hip and thighs if you want them! ;)

I found this online and it's an interesting picture
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2007/08/01/health/adam/19265.jpg

Cool picture! thanks. I am totally an apple. And I'll gladly take some hip, chicka :)

AngelMae
12-09-2008, 05:55 PM
I am a total apple too! And I agree with FB you do carry your weight very well.

cfmama
12-09-2008, 06:35 PM
I personally think you are and look super cute. If you ARE an apple it's like a crabapple... lol!

Tomato
12-09-2008, 06:58 PM
Luvja,
The weight will eventually go. I am apple-ish myself although I don't really have skinny legs. The worst is the blubber covering my abs, it is very stubborn and does not want to leave my body. But I know with time, even that part will look good. Don't lose patience, I am finally getting a nice shape but it took many hours at the gym.

horsey
12-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Just read an article though in a magazine, apples lose weight quicker, it's easier to lose around the belly then it is to lose hips - thus sayeth the author of this article anyways.

luvja
12-09-2008, 09:19 PM
Just read an article though in a magazine, apples lose weight quicker, it's easier to lose around the belly then it is to lose hips - thus sayeth the author of this article anyways.

Well, if that is in fact true, thats good news for us I guess.

eilla05
12-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Im an apple also! Im the one one of the poster is referring to! I am in a size 12 (not 10) at 196. So smaller jeans here i come but id rather be a pear! You like just fine to me but we are our own worst critics..

Lori259
12-09-2008, 09:41 PM
I think we all Judge ourselves TO EXTREMES! You look great~Your doing great!Hold your head high and keep moving on!!!(you do not look bad In those pics!)An Apple a day keeps the doctor away!~I felt so ancient saying that haahahahahahaaa

Hypra
12-09-2008, 10:38 PM
I have the opposite problem... I wear a size small t-shirt now, but my pants are still 10/12. All my weight goes straight to my theighs and butt! blah.

Short term, try wearing things that flatter your body - A line skirts, empire waist dresses, wide legged pants.

Long term- try exercises that will target the areas you want to change. If you have a tendency to loose weight faster on your bottom half and just do plain cardio, you won't see a huge change in overall shape. Things like weight lifting (no, it wont make your arms huge) and ab workouts might give you results you like.

That said, you look AWESOME. The first thing I thought when I saw your pictures was "wow, that is one hot busty blonde chick!" - no notice of being apple shaped or anything like that. You've made incredible progress, and look FANTASTIC!

TheTinGirl
12-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Hey honey,

You really do look amazing. And don't worry about shape, I am not even classifiable with fruit. I've got this..wide hips and flat butt thing going on with medium boobage, 3ft of torso, and a waist that starts like one of those three feet from my bust. Not to mention I'm 5'11" and all my height is in my torso so I gots short legs. The only fruit I can identify with is a bunch of grapes cause I can mold them. XD

grneyedmustang
12-10-2008, 10:02 AM

HA! Please telly my belly that. :dizzy: And I'd rather be a pear anyday! My best friend is a pear, I love her shape! Probably because she has a huge butt though...and I don't have much of one. :( But I guess the good thing about me being an apple is that I'm currently a 14-16 in jeans, even though I'm still over 200 pounds (the height helps too, I'm sure).

And you look great Luvja...

WormwoodDoll
12-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm so jealous! I'm 220lbs and I wear a size 18, just fitting.

kelly315
12-10-2008, 09:37 PM
16/14! that would be awesome. I'm wearing 18s, but sometimes I feel like I shouldn't be (muffin top, maybe I should wait until I lose ten more pounds or so...)

RedKat
12-11-2008, 07:49 AM
I have really skinny legs, yet a large belly...and the worst, a HUGE back. I still have to wear tent shirts to hide it, and when I sit, my back looks hideous. I wish I could have lost the weight evenly all over, but not so.

Newshinyme
12-11-2008, 12:29 PM
At least you apple gals can wear a smaller size in SOME part of your body!
I am more like an hourglass and my weight just comes off my waist (it's abnormally small according to one internet site I visited once). But I still have to wear my larger pants cause the hips won't budge and the top is not changing much either.

grneyedmustang
12-11-2008, 01:33 PM
At least you apple gals can wear a smaller size in SOME part of your body!
I am more like an hourglass and my weight just comes off my waist (it's abnormally small according to one internet site I visited once). But I still have to wear my larger pants cause the hips won't budge and the top is not changing much either.

You have a nice womanly shape though! I feel like an upside down trapezoid. :( Especially since I don't have much of a waist.

luvja
12-11-2008, 01:35 PM
You have a nice womanly shape though! I feel like an upside down trapezoid. :( Especially since I don't have much of a waist.

Yes! exactly!

PrettyPaula
12-11-2008, 06:01 PM
i guess if you dont mind me popping in... what shape do you guys think i will develop after i lose the flubber? im hoping for hourglass... i seem to lose of the upper torso and waist first... then shoulders..

Newshinyme
12-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Looks like you have a very tiny waist there, so I would say hourglass

PrettyPaula
12-11-2008, 06:10 PM
my arms and abdomen are huge though... hate them so much. hate that photo its my inspiration to lose weight. im so ashamed i went out like that!

Newshinyme
12-11-2008, 06:16 PM
We all have to gain weight somewhere. I put mine on right on the butt (although I have excess body everywhere else). Good news is, it will eventually go away, we just have to be patient and stick to our plans.
BTW, your arms are not huge :)

horsey
12-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I have the huge back someone described, and tummy when I gain weight, actually it's called an inverse triangle I think isn't it, when you are top heavy? I had a normal figure when I was a teen, in college and in my 20s but I was SKINNY... Guess it's true we all have to gain weight somewhere. So of course my figure isn't the SAME as it was when I was 125-135 pounds! If the only way I can be normal is to lose that much weight it'll likely never happen, so I'll have to keep my list of tricks for this upside down body of mine - ie black on top, vests, blazers etc.

I did a study once of celebrities with larger shoulders - Madonna, Demi Moore, the blonde from Sex in the City (what's her name) and even Angela Jolie. If they gained weight - which it won't happen - I think they'd be apples and larger on top.

JulieJ08
12-11-2008, 07:46 PM
PrettyPaula, I think hourglass or a slight pear. Hard to tell exactly how you'll end up. But def not apple.

deathnotronic
12-11-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm LOVING that dress! I'm gonna say hourglass, you have some very nice curves!