Old 12-08-2008, 10:59 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life - Week of 12/8/08

Hello, all. I hope you are well, especially Melissa. Let us know how your surgery went.

I had a very busy weekend. I went with a group of women on a bus shopping trip. We do it every year; we go to a large outlet mall in south Florida. It was fun.

On Saturday, I did a 5K (ran and walked) for the Arthritis Foundation. Then I had rehearsals. Bought the Christmas tree and did some decorating.

On Sunday, I cleaned the house and finished decorating the tree. I also sang in a cantata that went very well. Phew! I need to return to work to rest.

Eating-wise, I was doing good, but then the reception after the cantata had my favorite cookies!
Domina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:43 PM   #2  

Lisa you did have a busy weekend. We did our Christmas decorating yesterday too. We had a dusting of snow on the ground so it made it very festive! The bus trip sounded like a lot of fun. Eating wise I'm doing so-so. Last January I joined a one year weight loss program here at work and our final weigh in is on Friday. I think I'll come in 2 lbs lighter than when I began so I guess a maintain for the year is pretty good.

Melissa I hope the surgery was successful and you're doing well. Please check in when you can.

Lori I love the name Phoebe. Some friends of ours had twins a couple of years ago and named them Phoebe and Preston. How have you been feeling?

Well ladies time for a little lunch. I'll try and check back later.
McHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #3  

Pam, How great to be under on the pounds! I can't say that. : (

Where is everyone else?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone!

I haven't been on the computer all that much--my surgery went well although this hand has been more sore. I'm slowly getting the feeling back in my fingers. I go back to the doctor on Thursday to get the stitches out.

We got dumped with snow on Sunday and today we had a little bit of a reprieve. The next couple of days are supposed to be warmer and then Thursday drop to the 20's. My sinuses love the change.

Lori: How exciting to know you're having a healthy girl! Let the planning begin! I didn't know the gender of my boys when I was pregnant.

Lisa: I haven't done any shopping and my Christmas decorations are very limited--maybe tomorrow we'll drag some things out. The shopping trip sounds fun.

Pam: I really need to get on a better schedule and get my eating back under control. I haven't been to a WW meeting since the 6th of November and I'm hoping to have maintained while I've been off. The worst part is not being able to drive

We did pick out our Christmas tree on Saturday and my DH will pick it up this weekend. We'll get it decorated most likely on Sunday. Hopefully we'll have a little snow to put me in the mood.

[b]Pam
MelissaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:00 AM   #5  

Melissa, Hooray for a successful surgery. I'm with you--I wouldn't like not driving. I am very independent. Two of my couple friends recently decided to give up the second car. I'm not sure DH and I could ever get by with one vehicle.

Speaking of cars, mine is in the shop again! It's paid for, so I am so reluctant to get a car and have the payments. Ugh.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #6  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey gals, just wanted to pop in and let you know I'm doing good and feeling good! This week is crazy at work and I won't have much time to check in.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #7  

Lori, I hear ya. It seems like our customers are trying to get everything done before Christmas--it's been nuts. Some things I've been waiting months for are now being sent in.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #8  

Hi Ladies,

I'm glad to hear both Melissa and Lori are doing well. Things are busy here too. I feel like I'm way behind in everything but I'm sure it will all come together. The weather is crazy. Yesterday morning the temp was 13 today it's 58!! Now I'm hearing we'll get snow on Friday. Crazy New England weather.

Lisa there's no way DH and I could get by with one car either. Both cars are paid for but mine is older (2000 VW) and will need to be replaced soon but we're hanging on with it for the time being. I think this year we paid close to $700 in repairs but still much less than a car payment each month.

Time to get some lunch, I'll try to post more later.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #9  

Pam, The car repair is $1,100! Yikes and Merry Christmas. I just don't want car payments, but this is a little ridiculous.

Have my professional meeting tonight (I'm President) and we have a motivational speaker. I hope he is good; he comes highly recommended. We will have about 60 people there.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domina View Post
Pam, The car repair is $1,100! Yikes and Merry Christmas. I just don't want car payments, but this is a little ridiculous.

Have my professional meeting tonight (I'm President) and we have a motivational speaker. I hope he is good; he comes highly recommended. We will have about 60 people there.
Lisa - DH had to have his front wheel bearings replaced today - $525!!! That is such an unexpected expense, especially considering we just did some big repairs on his car totalling around $900 a few months ago. I'm starting to worry that we won't get our debt paid off as soon as I wanted to and won't have as much money saved up once we go on 1 income instead of two (DH will be a SAHD).
Old 12-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #11  

Lori, There must be something in the air with our vehicles. Argh! That's interesting that your DH will be a SAHD; don't know too many men who've done that.

The meeting last night went really well, but I ate the carrot cake--couldn't pass it up. Our speaker was Pat Williams, the Sr. VP of the Orlando Magic. He gave us some inspirational words.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #12  

Well I am the breadwinner, and honestly it is not worth it for DH to work and for us to pay for daycare. We don't want to do daycare either, we want one of us home.

Lisa - I probably would have eaten the carrot cake too
Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #13  

Well ladies... I just found out that my best friend (who is pregnant with her fourth) found out that the baby is not viable and they will have to do a D + C. The only reason she told me before the first ultrasound was because I have all of her baby and maternity things. I'm so sad
Old 12-11-2008, 01:45 PM   #14  

Lori, Oh, I'm so sorry for your friend. How sad.

I think it's great that your DH wants to raise your children; I'm with you--don't like daycare and it is quite pricey.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,
Yucky weather here, getting some freezing rain now. Blech...I'm sick of winter and it hasn't even officially arrived yet. I think I'm going to get started on my Christmas cards tonight. We've only received a few so far at home and I haven't recieved too many in my office either.

Lisa and Lori that's awful to be hit with big car repairs this time of year. DH brought my car in today for an oil change and I kept thinking he was going to call me to say the mechanic found something else wrong. Thankfully all is well for now.

Lori my sister's DH was a stay at home Dad too. I remember my parents not quite grasping the concept of that, but they are from a different generation. I think if you can manage it, its always best for one parent to stay home, at least while your child is very young. I'm sorry for your friends loss.

Hi to Melissa hope you are doing well.