Old 12-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat, Monday 12/8

Morning all...

Just a quick fly by to wish you all a good day!! Off to work for me, but a short shift today. Only 10-4p...

Got the tree up yesterday and the other festive decor... LOL. Still have some shopping to do and we're making cookies next sunday.

Took the kids to Burger King last night (Forgive me Father, for I have sinned...) and had a Whopper... it was yummy...

Hope all is well!! Have a great day everone!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 12-08-2008 at 08:34 AM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 AM   #2  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Good Mornin' Everyone!! It's MONDAY!! A brand new week, a new start.... ahhh, that's positive thinking ~ huh.

Well we are definitely in the Brrr Freezing Bundle your bum up to go outdoors weather--- full bore now. I shiver just thinking about it.

So today is another easy day (gotta keep easy days around as much as possible due to the holiday hustle and bustle). laundry, some cleaning ,the gym, and cooking. Wow, that really isn't a lot at all! Maybe as a treat I'll get me some Starbucks ... seeing as it is F-f-f-freeeeeeezing out.
Don'tcha burn calories adding layers and carrying around the extra weight from all those layers? Hee-hee-hee!!

I am planning on making a peppermint chocolate brittle for Christmas ... but am dying to try it out now... would it be bad of me to make a practice batch... come on, what if it goes bad? Wouldn't making it and trying it be the right thing to do?

Poppy ---
an occasional trip to the fast food places isn't all that bad. You need to shock your system every now and again... that and I bet you deserved it!

Well I hope all is well with everyone !!! Enjoy the COLD!!

Tata!

Last edited by PearFreak; 12-08-2008 at 09:03 AM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Morning Chicksters!

It's a quiet morning here (yesssss!) so I thought that I'd check in on everyone. Our December started off with a bang. I love the holidays! We went to a German xmas festival on Saturday that was at a local winery that we like very much. We normally go there every fall and I thought that it would be weird to be there in December. Not the case. Very fun day.

Valerie ~ LOL at your prayer of forgiveness. You're doing so well ~ don't sweat it.

Pear ~ ok, what is up with the name? I've been curious from the get-go. Are pears your favorite thing to eat? Do you decorate your house with pears? Are you pear shaped? LOL. Sorry but I HAD to put that in;-). The candy sounds delicious. My girls and I made Buckeyes last weekend and I've hardly touched the stuff. I put them in a bag and in the freezer in the garage. If they were here in the kitchen I'd probably be nibbling on them more.

Pam ~ Excellent photo!! Did I tell you that I'm charge of the Hospitality committee at our school? I'm enjoying it but it's surprising me how time consuming it is. The first year is always rough. Next year will be much easier.

Lauren ~ how is the kitchen coming along?

Karen ~ still doing Wii Fit?

Alicia ~ glad to hear that the kids are doing well. When do they get off for xmas break?

Hanna ~ I think of you often and hope that you're doing ok. I remember that DH worked for GM so I would imagine that these are stressful days. How is Sean?

Lisa ~ hey there.

Shannon ~ I wish you all the best finding a new job. What line of work are you looking into?

Damn, but it's chilly here this a.m. I feel for all of you that are already scraping snow off of your windshields. Brrrrrrrrr. Happy December ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 12:07 PM   #4  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Just came back from my morning (well, late morning) walk. I walked for 40 minutes. Going to jump in the shower in a few here and head out job seeking (as far as what I'm looking for, almost anything for now... in the long run, I just want to write, of course that's not going to happen anytime soon). Then later, I'm going to come home and workout again for an hour or at least 45 minutes.

It's pretty warm here! I definitely don't miss the 20s though from North Carolina! I will miss the state when we get in the 90s though.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Pear... I agree. It would be wrong not to make a test batch. It would also be wrong to make it too soon and let it go bad soooooo.... make it and send some here. I will test it for you and let you know how it is!!

edited to add: remember, you may have to send me a few batches before you reach perfection...

Last edited by poppyseeds; 12-08-2008 at 05:51 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 288.6/288.6/188

Height: 5'3"

Monday started off right - weight down for a grand total of 5 which also put me under 100 to lose! Happy about that (shockingly).
skinnymrs is offline   Reply With Quote