Weight Loss Support - Step by Step, Saturday and Sunday

View Full Version : Step by Step, Saturday and Sunday

srmb60
12-06-2008, 08:40 AM
I'm really struggling lately. I won't bore you with tearful tales, let's just settle for ... I know what to do. I've done it before. I could frazzin' teach it! But for some reason, I'm just so flounderingly incapable lately.

I can't be the only one. Stick with me over the weekend?

rockinrobin
12-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Ya got it Susan, I'm with you. Last weekend was NOT pretty for me. Let's do it!!! Let's stick to our plan like GLUE this weekend. How marvelous would that feel come Monday morning?

I've got my plan in place and also very important to me - my rules and mantras all set up - to help me STAY on plan.

srmb60
12-06-2008, 09:00 AM
DH has decided we need to take a little road trip to Home Depot but that's OK ... that's OK ... it's not what I'd planned but it's OK.

rockinrobin
12-06-2008, 09:23 AM
Okay dear Susan. Breathe. Breathe. Could be lots worse then Home Depot. No tempting foods there. Lots of walking involved. Pack up a nice snack if you're going to be long. I always bring a bag full of cleaned, trimmed string beans with me. I don't want to get "stuck" somewhere longer then I thought I would be and have to make a quick stop and eat something unplanned for or walk into the house ravenous.

midwife
12-06-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm there with you Susan & Robin. Too much snacking on Thurs and Fri and not enough exercise. POP today and tomorrow.

nakedmango
12-06-2008, 10:23 AM
Weekends are bad for me too--but I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
As much as weekdays are annoying (with the whole going to work and earning a living thing) the structure is very helpful: it's hard to NOT exercise on weekdays. I bike to work, I go to the gym with a co-worker, and if worse come to worst I can get up early and go to my condo gym. ...But weekends? Ugh! What is it about Saturday and Sunday that makes me think it's okay to eat the entire contents of my fridge? And then somehow feel that sitting around relaxing the entire day leaves me no opportunity to go the gym?!?
That's it--I've had it! I will eat responsibly today, not go nuts at the grocery store, and get to my condo gym today and the gym near work tomorrow. SusanB, rockinrobin, midwife--this weekend, nothing will get in our way--not even Home Depot! :carrot:

rockinrobin
12-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Mango, that's it. You've nailed it. Structure IS incredibly helpful.

But I can tell you this much, I didn't lose this much weight without STICKING to my plan weekend after weekend. So, I know it's doable. And this weekend - I'm doing it!!! Consistiency is SO important afterall.

SusanB, rockinrobin, midwife--this weekend, nothing will get in our way--not even Home Depot! .

Nothing will get in my way. Nothing will get in my way. Nothing will get in my way. I WILL eat responsibly. I WILL eat responsibly. I WILL eat responsibly.

Slashnl
12-06-2008, 11:05 AM
I'm joining in, too. One day at a time, one hour at a time, one minute at a time! We can all do it!

I have to laugh at the Home Depot comments because at our Home Depot, there is a hot dog stand right out front. I'm NEVER tempted by hot dogs... ick!!!... but you can't be safe anywhere it seems! ha!

rockinrobin
12-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Diane, I was actually thinking about that. We don't have a hot dog stand, but we've got candy. I guess there truly is no safe place really, other then our homes. That's why it's crucial to always have a plan in place - and be prepared.

JulieJ08
12-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I know what you mean. I haven't been doing bad. I could not change a thing and keep losing. Slowly. I just want to lose a *little* faster. Last week was a lot better than in a long while. Right now I'm struggling a little to make the decision to do the same as last week. I won't say I'm trying to find the motivation, because that feels like already admitting I'm not gonna do it. I find it helps to force myself to face it as a choice, whichever way it goes.

PhotoChick
12-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm with ya, Susan.

Getting back on track after Tgiving has been tough. I know what to do. I know how to do it. I've done it before. I even tell others how to do it.

So what seems to be the freakin' problem here!!!

Yeah. I'm with ya.

Let's hang in together. I had oats and cheese for breakfast. I'm going to have a mixed bowl of fruit and a 1/2 a pb sandwich for lunch.

We have veggies and hummus and popcorn set out for snacks for the ball game.

Dinner is stir fried veggies with chicken breast.

I'll stick to that. I will.

srmb60
12-06-2008, 01:16 PM
There's a burger joint in the Home Depot where we went. We did not!

We did do a bit of aimless wandering and I was carrying a light fixture so that should be extra calories right?

I had a low fat blueberry muffin for brkfst and now I'm thinking about lunch.

IrishRose25
12-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Rockinrobin, I am so impressed with your progress! You are a superstar!

Weekends are the toughest for me too-- I agree with the weekdays being so easy-- I am an oldest born, so the structured nature of the weekdays make it easy for me to stay on plan. Weekends, however, mean eating out with friends maybe or at least out for drinks, or if I am home perhaps ordering out. I really need to stay focused and active to stay away from all of the temptations. I do think that my food cravings have gotten more reserved/reasonable now that I am taking better care of myself!

srmb60
12-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I got tidying and realised I had no garbage bags. I ran to the dollar store and got talking. I was near fainting by the time I got home ;) When I say I'm going to eat, I should stop right now and do that!

FF cheese and broccoli slaw on prairie grain bread with just a snippet of butter. It wouldn't stick together without butter.

Thinnerinnerme
12-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Today is sadly my first day tracking despite repeated promises to do so and purchasing way to many new notebooks. However, today IS the first day I'm actually doing it. I'd love this support over the weekend. I'm going to write down everything.

PhotoChick
12-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Susan! You gotta eat woman! No fainting. No waiting until you're starving. You know the drill! :)

I'm dyin' here. DH fixed himself a frozen pizza for lunch. I'm upstairs cleaning my office and the smells are wafting up the stairs and right to me. I seriously could go down there right now and eat the whole pizza.

I need to go get an apple and some cheese. Or I need to spray pine scented air freshener. Or both. :D

srmb60
12-06-2008, 05:06 PM
Today is sadly my first day tracking despite repeated promises to do so and purchasing way to many new notebooks. However, today IS the first day I'm actually doing it. I'd love this support over the weekend. I'm going to write down everything.

I laughed out loud at this. If I had the money back that I spend on notebooks, I could have a new pair of shoes!

I don't think I could withstand the smell of pizza. I'd eat some.

Now, I'm cooking baked potatoes and tilapia. And we'll have salad.

PhotoChick
12-06-2008, 05:13 PM
I resisted the pizza and he ate all of it before I could give in.

I had an apple with an ounce of sharp cheddar and a little later a 1/2 serving of popcorn.

Later tonight it's baked chicken breasts, black beans, and tomatoes, over a baked corn tortilla. Probably some chopped spinach thrown in there for good measure.

rockinrobin
12-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Pizza under ones nose, under ones roof - that's definitely tough.

Susan, I agree. You should definitely not let it get to the point of near fainting. That's just not okay. :hug:

I'm holding my own here. I had some unexpected friends drop over. I quickly put out a bottle of diet soda, a veggie platter - grape tomatoes, baby carrots, string beans, mini bell peppers & sugar snap peas. And siince it's the weekend, I had fruit already cut up - mango and pineapple and I had grapes and blackberries to put out as well. They were SO impressed and gobbled it up. I was tempted to keep on picking and picking at it - but remembered that I must eat responsibly. And so I did. That eat responsibly quote has definitely struck a chord with me today for some reason. Thanks Mango.

midwife
12-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Glad you all are doing so well. I've done okay....a few chips, a pepsi (the real thing, I have a headache---blah*), and, ahem, biscochitos. DH and I are doing our big Ho Ho Ho shopping night so dinner will be out.....I won't go down in flames.....

I have eaten my meals on plan and did work out really hard at the gym....

*yes, I know that is venturing dangerously into excuse territory.....I believe Ibuprofen is calorie free....

junebug41
12-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Midwife, last night I had a headache that was reaching into migraine territory and the only thing that kept me from losing it was a 20 oz coca cola. the excedrin brings it down and the coke finishes it off.

I think cola along with hydrogen peroxide (another go-to cure-all of mine) could fight crime sometimes :lol:.

I have been having a heckuva time on the weekends and in the middle of the holiday season that has one single source: alcohol.

I don't drink excessively, but when I do drink (especially at gatherings), it leads me to eat eat eat and it's so much easier for me to watch myself if I'm not trying to occupy a glass of wine at the same time. So tonight will be a trial. I'm going to 2 parties and the only thing I will be nursing is a club soda. Thankfully, they are both at bars/restaurants so instead of blowing money I don't have I can just sip on club soda and lime and no one will be the wiser;)

srmb60
12-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Currently I am enamoured of disaronna and diet coke. But not tonight ... nope ...

SweetCurves32
12-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I agree with you all. Weeknds are my downfall. I'm so ready to get rid of that little voice in my head that says, "okay, it's Saturday, it's Sunday so go ahead eat whatever you want. It's okay, the calories won't count" Grrr!

PhotoChick
12-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I have a bottle of citron vodka in the freezer that's calling my name. I finished an entire overhaul of my office space today (I'll post pictures at some point) and I'm feeling a huge sense of accomplishment.

I really want a lovely icy cold citron martini to sit back and appreciate the organization with. But I really shouldn't.

Someone talk me out of it. Please!! :D

junebug41
12-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I have a bottle of citron vodka in the freezer that's calling my name. I finished an entire overhaul of my office space today (I'll post pictures at some point) and I'm feeling a huge sense of accomplishment.

I really want a lovely icy cold citron martini to sit back and appreciate the organization with. But I really shouldn't.

Someone talk me out of it. Please!! :D

Put it in the microwave. I'm serious. I've actually done that with flavored vodka. It's no good to me warm. And warm vodka watered down with ice cubes? Blech.

srmb60
12-06-2008, 07:41 PM
We are entering the danger zone! It's past 7:30, nobody's home but me .... How many games of word challenge can I play ;)

PhotoChick
12-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Going to take a hot bubble bath and put an oatmeal mask on my face. I can't eat while I have a mask on my face. Can't drink either. :)

JulieJ08
12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Made it through today mostly safe. I actually made my stomach uncomfortable, NOT from my food (which I felt good about!), but from drinking too much Diet Coke, followed by too much decaf coffee. It was weird. I knew I'd had enough, but kept drinking anyway. Well, certainly could have been worse!, but I didn't listen to my stomach. I DID make up menus for the week :) I'm very happy about that. Didn't make it to the grocery store yet, must go in the morning after breakfast and before morning snack! Here's to a good weekend leading into a great week. :carrot:

srmb60
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
1700 or so cals today ... hmmm .... it's got to be better than last weekend

cfmama
12-06-2008, 10:05 PM
RESIST THE PIZZA. I worked two slices into my plan for yesterday and omg am I paying for it today. I am massively bloated, my tummy is killing me, only had lost one pound this morning and I KNOW I've lost more but I'm retained water from all that freaking salt.

RESIST THE PIZZA.

JulieJ08
12-06-2008, 10:07 PM
RESIST THE PIZZA. I worked two slices into my plan for yesterday and omg am I paying for it today. I am massively bloated, my tummy is killing me, only had lost one pound this morning and I KNOW I've lost more but I'm retained water from all that freaking salt.

RESIST THE PIZZA.

:hug:

And I believe if we all resist the pizza, it will somehow make cfmama feel better. There is some freaky mojo on 3FC! ;)

rockinrobin
12-06-2008, 10:12 PM
There's just no two ways about it. I had better get myself into bed or there may just be some serious damage.

Hubby went out with some friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. 2 of the wives were busy, so all of us gals stayed home. And I'm not happy. Keep telling myself food won't make me happy either.

So, I just did some online shopping, bought myself some new pots and pans.

But that's not instant gratifacation enough. They have to actually ship here.

But I will eat responsibly today. I will EAT responsibly today. I WILL eat responsibly today.

Okay, I'm better now.

I swear, I don't know where I'd be without self talk.

junebug41
12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
There's just no two ways about it. I had better get myself into bed or there may just be some serious damage.

Hubby went out with some friends to celebrate one of their birthdays. 2 of the wives were busy, so all of us gals stayed home. And I'm not happy. Keep telling myself food won't make me happy either.

So, I just did some online shopping, bought myself some new pots and pans.

But that's not instant gratifacation enough. They have to actually ship here.

But I will eat responsibly today. I will EAT responsibly today. I WILL eat responsibly today.

Okay, I'm better now.

I swear, I don't know where I'd be without self talk.

Robin :hug: you CAN do this.

Now, GO TO BED :p

I'm off to make the holiday party rounds sans alcohol...

If I'm not back in 2.5 hours, send the search party. 45 minutes-hour per destination should be enough time to say hello without getting into trouble, right?

Right???

srmb60
12-07-2008, 08:34 AM
I did ok right up until the bar-b-que chips. But I only had a few and I dipped then in 1% cottage cheese ;) And the scale is fractionally better than Friday.

Did Junebug get home in good time?
Did Robin go to bed?
Where did the pizza go?
And how about the alcohol .... join us today for our continuing stoooory ...

rockinrobin
12-07-2008, 09:30 AM
All right-y Susan. Sounds like you hung in there. :carrot:

To answer your question, I didn't go to bed actually.

Instead of feeling sorry for myself and drowning myself in food, I did the laundry. And I was glad to get it over with and not have to do it today. And then, get this, I did something I haven't done in AGES - an exercise DVD. It felt marvelous.

I stayed on plan all day, with the exception of a few extra nibbles of veggies and fruit. Not too shabby.

This thread came at a perfect time for me. I know for sure it kept me on my toes yesterday, by keeping me AWARE.

I ate responsibly. I acted responsbily. I ate responsibly. I am an adult and I an a responsible person. You may have noticed I'm loving that new "catch phrase".

Anyway, on to today. Funny enough, I find that if my Saturdays are good, then a good Sunday usually follows. *:crossed: * I know, I know, I should take away those crossed fingers. Luck has nothing to do with this. The choice is MINE.

Let's make it a good one gals. We CAN do this!!! We SHOULD do this!!! Because we CAN. ;) :hug:

srmb60
12-07-2008, 09:32 AM
Shake, shake, shake
Shake, shake, shake
Had a chocolate shake
Had a chocolate shake ....

JayEll
12-07-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm getting a lot out of just reading this thread.

SusanB, how are you going to work around your chocolate shake?

Jay

srmb60
12-07-2008, 10:13 AM
It was an Isoflex whey protein shake. :oI guess I should have mentioned that. :o

JayEll
12-07-2008, 10:48 AM
It was an Isoflex whey protein shake. I guess I should have mentioned that.

Ummm yeah.... :rofl:

Jay

junebug41
12-07-2008, 11:10 AM
While I didn't make it home until pretty late I was successful!

I drank diet soda and had veggies and hummus. I was fortunate enough to see many people with whom I had a lot of catching up to do so I was pretty occupied by that.

All in all, I'm pleased :) I CAN do this, I think.

Thank you, ladies!

Slashnl
12-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Looks like everyone is making it through the weekend fairly well! Awesome job!
I'm doing ok, but didn't do as well as I wanted to yesterday. But, working on it today. It is a beautiful day here, so I think I'll take the kids to play some basketball.

PhotoChick
12-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Susan you brat! :) Leaving out the important info.

Got up this morning had 2 boiled eggs sliced over a piece of whole grain toast and an apple.

Lunch ... what to do about lunch.

nakedmango
12-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi all! Sounds like everyon'e doing well--better than me! I fell victim to the random munchies last night. Most of what I ate was healthy in and of itself, but I ate too much of it. I had a craving that went unfulfilled--so I filled it with chocolate. :o

That's okay--we fall, we get back up!

So far today:

Toast (sprouted whole grain, which I tried for the first time yesterday, and wasn't bad) with peanut butter
A NakedMango Standard Smnoothie: frozen berries, defrosted in the microwave (blackberries, blueberries and strawberries, today) with soymilk and a banana, blended together, and with the addition of spirulina today, for some of the B12 I need more of.

Just need to get up the motivation to go to the grocery store and then to the gym. I had planned to bike to the gym near work and take the Sunday evening 90-minute yoga class. But it's really windy out. :o So maybe I'll go to my condo gym and go on the rowing machine. :woops:

And everyone else? What's on the menu for lunch?

PhotoChick
12-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Well a friend just offered to treat to IHOP for lunch ... which normally would be great because I'd have scrambled eggs and whole wheat toast. But .. um ... that's what I had for breakfast!!! :)

So I think we're going to Jason's Deli and I'll have my usual turkey slimwich and cup of french onion soup w/out crouton or cheese.

rockinrobin
12-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Hey folks. My walk did get derailed this morning. Or I should say, I derailed it - I just didn't feel like walking in the ice cold and wind. I do plan to dust off my old exercise dvd again today and pop it in the player and move thyself.

Breakfast was good. The usual yogurt & Fiber One. Had some veggies as well and some cucumber salad.

Lunch time is nearing I need to decide what that will be. I've one of 2 options that I am thinking about. I'll check back in later.

Stay the course everyone. Stay the course.

JulieJ08
12-07-2008, 01:35 PM
OK, I'm off to the grocery store, otherwise the plan is not worth anything ;) OTOH, I didn't exercise yesterday morning or today. I've fallen into a bad habit of sleeping in on the weekend, then skipping exercise because it's too late to put off breakfast for an hour or more, then not doing any exercise later in the day either.

srmb60
12-07-2008, 01:44 PM
I had a sardine sandwich for lunch! I knew you'd all appreciate that thought!

rockinrobin
12-07-2008, 01:53 PM
Okay. I'm having a HUGE salad for lunch. Romaine hearts, fresh mushrooms, bell peppers, red onions, cukes, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots with some left over roasted chicken, shredded and tossed in. Yumm. Yumm. Yumm.

PhotoChick
12-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Jason's Deli - 1/2 a turkey slimwich with extra tomato, poblano corn chowder, and a frozen yogurt for dessert.

I'm about to make a platter of chopped veggies and fruit for an afternoon football snack.

I also picked up 1/2 lb of brussels sprouts at Whole Foods this afternoon to have with dinner tonight. I'm going to try kaplods tip of cutting them in 1/2 and roasting them until they begin to caramelize. I've disliked them as long as I can remember, but I really *want* to like them. So this will be interesting.

Ruthxxx
12-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Photo-Chick, how strange! I hate them too but bought some today to try tonight.

Thinnerinnerme
12-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Okay, I'm really really proud of myself. It's day two, I've been writing things down and get this..... I've been snacking on fruit. What a concept. I'm totally within the calorie range and I'm sticking to it. I already feel a little lighter on my toes.

srmb60
12-07-2008, 06:43 PM
It's really cold here today so I hurried back and forth to church ... a bit of a walk.

A slice of toast with peanut butter ... for no good reason.

A very lean little pork chop and big salad for supper, with low fat cottage cheese instead of dressing.

junebug41
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
No big Sunday dinner, but we are expecting snow over the next couple of days so I have been working on a veggie and mixed bean soup for dinner tonight and lunches this week. Usually DH will have snacks for the football game, but today we decided to see what would happen if we just waited until dinner.

I'm happy to say we are both alive and well :)

srmb60
12-07-2008, 07:00 PM
My brilliant revelation of the day is .... I can make one piece of toast at a time!

PhotoChick
12-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Chicken is waiting to go into the GF grill as soon as the brussels sprouts are nearly done. I'm kind of excited about trying them.

Quinoa is steamed and waiting.

Had carrots, celery, broccoli, and cucumber with a little ranch dip (made with light sour cream) for a snack this afternoon. I probably had about 1/4 cup of dip and tons of veggies.

JulieJ08
12-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Breakfast and snack were late (and snack was bigger than planned) so I'm just having lunch / dinner : multi-grain spaghetti, green beans roasted with garlic and sesame seeds, browned tofu, soy sauce. Turned out tasty for a made up on the spot meal :) Needs a little tuning up, but could be a real handy, easy back-up meal (used frozen green beans).

For lunch the next few days, I just made a new soup, haven't properly tasted it yet :o : potatoes, spinach, chickpeas and saffron. Plus the usual olive oil, garlic, onion, bay leaf, white wine. Should be a change of pace, anyway.

rockinrobin
12-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Hey Photo, you made quinoa. Were't we talking about that on another thread?

Anyway. I had a great dinner. I made a faulous vegetable/split pea soup. Wonderful talipia with a nice crunchy bread crumb topping. And some rosemary sweet potatoes. Yumm. Yumm.

But - I didn't exercise. :(

PhotoChick
12-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey Photo, you made quinoa. Were't we talking about that on another thread?Yeah! That's what made me think of it. :)

And ... I LIKE BRUSSELS SPROUTS. Holy cow who knew???

These roasted sprouts are really yummy!

srmb60
12-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Sunday rounded out to about 1600 calories. I didn't measure the french vanilla creamer I had in my afternoon coffee, so it's an estimate. And I didn't eat particularly good foods. But no matter how you look at it, it's waaay better than most weekends.

Thanks folks! This thread really helped me.

JayEll
12-08-2008, 07:02 AM
SusanB, start another one next weekend, too! It was great to be able to check in and see how folks were doing. :yes:

Jay

rockinrobin
12-08-2008, 07:05 AM
:carrot: Yay Susan!!! :carrot:

Except for missing my Sunday walk, I had a pretty darn good weekend myself and I know for sure that this thread helped me stay the course. I stayed on plan!!! I'd like to repeat it again for next weekend. The thread AND the pretty darn good weekend ;). Thanks ladies :hug:.

Photo, brussel sprouts are one of my family's favorite foods. We LOVE them. It's a Friday night staple in our house. I par-boil them for about 5 minutes. Then I put them on a baking sheet covered with cooking spray. I then spray them as well. I place them in the oven at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or so. I turn them. Then I put on chopped garlic and finely diced onion and a little sea salt. I put them back in the oven for about another 15 minutes or so, until they're nice and brownish and all carmelized. Yumm. Yumm. Yumm.

srmb60
12-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Oh I will! We have a Christmas dinner on the 12th and I'll need to remember that I have to be accountable :)

PhotoChick
12-08-2008, 10:14 AM
This was a great thread. It did help me this weekend. The scale is still up ... but at least I know I stuck to plan pretty well.

JulieJ08
12-08-2008, 10:48 AM
This was a great thread. It did help me this weekend.

Indeed! It was just the little bit of help I needed too :).