Old 12-06-2008, 03:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/184/137

Height: 5'1"

Default Alcohol?

I'm already stressing about my first HUGe challenge. We are hosting our 7th annual Christmas party for our friends on December 20th. This is the one event per year when all of our best buds from high school and college get together for a drunken good time and crazy gift exchange. I am not, by any means, much of a drinker, but the Christmas party is pretty much the one event in the year when I indulge. So do I go off plan for one evening, or not partake? I'm picturing a rather dull night of babysitting everyone else...
sessa555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #2  
Lindsy is Blah

S/C/G: 215/185/140

Height: 5' 7"

I found this for you, but - I don't know what to tell you. I would drink, but try to limit it. Most of my friends are big drinkers, so - for me to go without... not happening. Plus babysitting sucks.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/l...orie-cocktails
Austons Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessa555 View Post
I'm already stressing about my first HUGe challenge. We are hosting our 7th annual Christmas party for our friends on December 20th. This is the one event per year when all of our best buds from high school and college get together for a drunken good time and crazy gift exchange. I am not, by any means, much of a drinker, but the Christmas party is pretty much the one event in the year when I indulge. So do I go off plan for one evening, or not partake? I'm picturing a rather dull night of babysitting everyone else...
Sessa, I'd have a difficult time, too! Sounds like a blast, and I'm sure you'll have just as much fun without the drinking, as hard as it will be. I'm afraid I don't have any alternatives to not having the alcohol. How long have you been on MRC? The party will be as much fun as you make it, with or without drinking. I'm a little worried about the holidays coming up, too. All the parties, eating, paties, drinking...
busyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 216/184/137

Height: 5'1"

I think I am going to go with drinking one or two vodka drinks, and then do the quick slim (or whatever they call it) on Sunday and Monday. That is supposed to throw you right back into ketosis, so hopefully the party won't set me back too much. Would I go to diet **** if I mixed my vodka with my kiwi melon supplement drink?
sessa555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #5  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I know for me personally, If I don't let myself have what I want, once in a while, very rarely though, then I'll just want it more and more untill I cave and over do it.
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #6  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessa555 View Post
If you like beer, there's a couple of beers now with just 64 calories - Beck's Light is one and it's pretty good.
If you like wine, you could mix some red wine with diet 7-Up for a wine cooler - gives you a little alcohol without too many calories. The thing you have to watch is that the more you drink, the more you're likely to also eat too much & have a double hangover the next day - from the alcohol AND the extra carbs. If you feel like you can hop right back on the wagon the next day you'll be okay, it'll just take a couple of days to get the water bloat off. But if you're one who'll be on a slippery slope to overindulging all through the holidays, you might want to minimize the damage from the get-go.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote