General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Anyone following the case about that boy in Tracy?

Things in this case are very confusing. I feel for the kid. Yes, he was troubled, but geez louise! The way he's been treated over the last few years is incredible!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...BAAG14GOOG.DTL

I can only imagine how afraid the people at the gym felt when he wandered in. They must have been afraid that someone with a gun must be behind the kid.

Last edited by cbmare; 12-05-2008 at 09:15 PM.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:40 PM   #2  

A friend of mine has a term for people who would do something like this: oxygen thieves.

My God, that poor child.
mags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #3  
=D

My god. That is appalling.
mazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I never heard till i just read this, but wow, i wonder what goes through peoples minds that do that sort of thing, that poor boy is probably going to be messed up now
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #5  
Dreams of a RED DRESS...

S/C/G: 305/293.7/165

Height: 5 foot 6

I just hope that he gets what he needs in foster care and finds a good home and not be bounced around like I was. He only has a year, or less, to get the information he needs to survive, socialize, cook and just be a care-free adult before going out into the world.
Arthwen1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think the saddest thing is that they say he looks more like a 12 year old, so his growth and development probably have been severely stunted by the abuse and neglect. So physically, mentally and emotionally, he's probably more like a 12 year old, but the system is likely going to treat him like an "almost 18" year old." Or he's going to be shuttled into the "developmentally disabled" category, which could mean long term institutional care (and boy does quality of care vary from region to region).

Some institutions will try to prepare him for life, and others are more warehousing situations.

Last edited by kaplods; 12-06-2008 at 11:39 AM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote