Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Height: 5'3"

Default Advice Please

I am looking for a little advice. I have been eating healthy and working out for 8-10 months now. I just started using Mydailyplate.com to count calories. I seem to be eating around 1000-1500 calories daily. I have only lost maybe 4 pounds. My scale seems to be going back up I run/walk 2-3 miles 3-4 days a week and weight lifting. My friends I am working out with have both lost 30 plus pounds, doing the same things I am doing. What am I doing wrong?
I am thinking of having my thyroid checked. My mother and 2 out of 3 brothers have thyroid problems. I do not have health insurance and don't have money to waste if it isn't a problem. Sometimes I think I am looking for an easy way out. If I had a thyroid problem it wouldn't be my fault.
So what do you think?
Thanks for reading
Hope I am posting in the correct spot
Nancy7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

i dont count calories, but i see alot of people say to every once in a while boost your calories up a little bit, they say it puts your body n a shock, also are you doing the same things everyday? maybe change your workout a litttle? It also could just be how your built, i am 5'3 and my lowest weight was 130, and i was in a size 3, and i could never go lower. It ay good to check your thyroids anyway seeing as it runs in your family. Have you been woring out for 10 months now and not lot any weight at all or are you maybe in a plateau? I know i probaly didint help much, but i hope i did a little im sorry!
luvmyinnerdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 317/317/140

Height: 5'3

Well it seems that you are working out plenty, but your calorie intake should be upped on the days you work out. Not massively but maybe a few hundred might help. Also mixing things up is always a plus. Try a new workout regimen, try making some new meals, etc. As far as getting tested for thyroid I would do it if it makes you feel better. I don't have health insurance either but sometimes you have to break down and go to the doctor. It's expensive but usually worth it. Hope this helps
Brandyc100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #4  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I have noticed when I eat more (within reason...) I lose more. Good luck!

Last edited by carcar05; 12-05-2008 at 09:44 PM.
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Well I have a couple of suggests,
One I would say you are right in the middle of your weight range so this might be the losed your body can go.
Second, your calorie range is pretty board which could be effecing your weight loss, you might want to tighten it up a bit. I would say try and eat around 1400. And for that matter you should not be letting your calories drop below 1200 because you can't get proper nutrition.
Third, What are you eating if your eating 1000 calories most day but then binging with an extra 500 two or three days a week you might be throwing you body off.
Fourth, What are you eating? Maybe trying shaking up your diet ... cut out red meat, or sugar or something.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #6  
banned

S/C/G: 213/ticker/135

Height: 5'5

Like the poster above me, you are in a normal weight range if you're at 138, and if you're 142, you're slightly overweight.

But I do think you should seen an endocrinologist and get your TSH levels checked. You could be hypothyroid, but people who are hypothyroid (like me) tend to be overweight or obese, and you're not. It wouldn't hurt to get it checked though.

My guess is is that your body is happy where it is. But it is very possible it's your thyroid being out-of-whack. Are you having other problems, like having trouble sleeping? Or you feel tired all of the time? Losing hair? All of those are symptoms associated with thyroid problems.
sunflowergirl68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 146/138/125

Thank you to everyone! I will try to change up my diet and hope that helps.

I will keep you posted.
Nancy7189 is offline   Reply With Quote