Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 12:41 PM   #1  
Angie-del

Default Weigh in at home 4/29-5/5

Happy Motivated Monday! Be right back.

Old 04-29-2002, 12:48 PM   #2  
Angie-del

Judy- Anthony sure did look like a handsome young man. He'll be 10 next month and he's up to my nose already! Glad to hear the short term goals help you put down some extra snacks. It's made all the difference in the world for me too. I still have some days which are not exactly stellar, but I'm finding those days are getting less and less often all the time. How did the fish restaurant go? Good choices?

Carla- how did lunch with your friend go? How sweet of Ana to try and coax you into exercising!! Incredible! I sure hope you gave her want she wanted. Think of it as setting a good example for her.

Well, I did well foodwise this weekend, but slipped a bit on the exercise. When I got on the treadmill yesterday (after skipping 3 days) I thought the 30 mins would NEVER end. I trudged onward though and completed my time. I was right back on this morning too so I'm back on track on exercise. Water also was a little difficult to do...we had a 3 hr drive and I didn't want to have to find a potty every 30 mins so I slacked a lot on the water Fri and Sat. Still think I did good overall so I'm hoping for my reward at the scale in a few hours. Have a great one!
Angie

Old 04-29-2002, 03:59 PM   #3  

Hi, I hope everyone had a great weekend. Angie, I bet the wedding was terrific. I know how you feel about the water and cart trips! Glad you're doing well and let us know about the weigh in.

I had a great weekend, stayed totally on program with food and exercise, water too. I'm doing a two week challenge til Mother's Day and I see what Judy means by focusing on those short term goals. Judy, did you have jury duty? Hope it's not too depressing!
Old 04-30-2002, 09:03 AM   #4  

Angie - Glad to hear you had a good weekend and got back on the treadmill after the brief hiatus. I know what you mean about water and stopping every 30 minutes. Tony and I just build that time into our car trips (LOL)! I can't believe Anthony is 10 already! I hope you got your reward on the scale.

Karen C - Way to go on having a totally OP weekend! Nope, I still haven't had to go into jury duty and I only have to call in for another 3 days.

I had a good OP weekend - I even turned down a piece of cake at my sil's on Saturday (took a tiny forkfull of Tony's and decided it just wasn't worth the points). Of course, it helped that I don't really like the cakes she bakes. I had a good weigh in - 1 pound down. I wanted to get rid of all the 1.2# I gained the week before but i quickly shook off any disappointment and decided that I was glad to see the loss and I would just "keep on keeping on". I had a good day yesterday - decided to take a "mental health day". I did a good 60 minutes of a step tape and an abs workout and snacked just a little after dinner.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/155.6/135
Old 04-30-2002, 10:40 AM   #5  
kmk

Hi-
I just started WW at home(again!)this weekend when I joined the Mothers' Day challenge. Keeping focused is difficult for me so I decided a short term goal might be the jumpstart I need. I've also started coming back to the boards daily so that I have support to get me through this. My 1st official weigh-in was Sunday-176. I suppose it could be much worse considering how little I was taking care of myself. I haven't set a goal weight yet-I'm going to stick to the babysteps until I can be confident that I've made a lifestyle change and not just another diet.
-Kristin
Old 04-30-2002, 11:31 AM   #6  

Hi Kristin, welcome beack to WW and I'm glad you decided to join us. We're here for you, just let us know how you are doing. I started my own Mother's Day challenge this weekend and it is really helping to keep me motivated.

Judy, glad you had a mental health day instead of a jury duty day! Good luck getting through the rest of the week jury free. Congrats on your loss and your attititude, you are really helping to keep me focusd.

I had a great day yesterday. I took Judy's advice to pick up a hobby at night instead of eating and before I knew it, it was past bedtime! It works, it really works!
Old 04-30-2002, 12:13 PM   #7  
Angie-del

Happy Think Thin Tuesday everyone!

KarenC-great to hear you stayed totally on program over the weekend! Kudos to you! What does your 2 wk challenge entail?

Judy- Woohoo on your loss!! Great job! I think we'll have to start building in potty trips into our car trips! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on jury duty. Hopefully, you'll eke right by and not have to go in. Way to go on turning down the piece of cake. Sometimes a bite is just enough to either satisfy us or gives us an opportunity to figure out that the pts aren't worth the taste! A mental health day sounds good about right now..hope you thoroughly enjoyed yours!

Kristin- welcome aboard! Winding into your life the necessary steps is exactly what will get your to your goal weight. I look at this as a lifestyle change...I am not on a diet....nor will this way of eating ever end. And I'm OK with that...it's my choice to become healthier and live longer (hopefully!)

I got my reward on the scale last night. Down another 0.6#. The losses have gotten smaller so I talked with my leader last night. She said sometimes when you reach a weight which you held for quite some time (which is about where I am...within about 5#) it takes a little extra work to get over that hump and continue the slide downwards. I know I wasn't great about the exercise nor the water from Thurs-Sun so I decided to keep everything the same for this week and see what happens on Monday's weighin. If it's another small loss, after talking with my leader, I decided I would up my exercise time significantly to get over the hump. In the meantime, I'm still plugging away! Got my 72 oz of water in so far (and I'm not done yet...)! Have a great one!
Angie

Old 04-30-2002, 01:11 PM   #8  

Angie, Woohoo to you too for the loss! Great job. I know how it is to slow down, BTDT! Still there, still doing it. Just gotta keep plugging along. My two week self challenge is to stay on program for two weeks, in every way. I have been slacking off for about two months now with more bad days than good, so this is what I need to really get back on the wagon.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Couldn't get into the site from home yesterday. Very busy day for me today, so just a quick hello.

Judy and Angie - Congrats on your losses.

Angie - Can't believe Anthony is 10 already.

Judy - Yay for a good weekend.

Karen C - Yay for you for having a good weekend.

Kristen - Welcome. Glad to have you.

I've had a rough few days. Don't know what got into me, but I had a bottemless hole that I just couldn't fill up. Have slacked off on my water too. I'm dreading tomorrow's weigh-in.

Have a good day.

Carla
Old 04-30-2002, 03:45 PM   #10  
Angie-del

Carla- just had to jump on here and ask if it's a pms week. I've got those bottomless pits week once every month myself. I struggle with the exercise, the water and, most of all, the food. Hang in there, Carla. Just focus on grabbing a glass of water and chugging it. It's about the only thing that I can do to prevent myself from the 'eat everything not nailed down' syndrome. It makes you kind of sick to your stomach when you're drowning in water....and you slack off a bit on the snacking. {{hugs}}

Angie

Old 04-30-2002, 03:48 PM   #11  

Angie - Good job getting in the exercise. Had to laugh about the water and car trips. My sister, niece, Laura and I are driving to visit my sister in Florida in June. Laura has already told me I'll have to quit drinking water on the way down. She says she doesn't want to stop every half hour.

Karen C - Great job staying OP. Good luck on the two week challenge. What were you working on last night?

Judy - Congratulations on the loss. Hey, turning down cake (even if it isn't the greatest) is an accomplishment. I can't count the number of times I've eaten something and thought it wasn't all that great, but still finished it.

Kristin - Welcome to the group. Keep making those short term goals and you'll do great.

Angie - Congratulations on the loss. Keep plugging along and you'll get over the hump.

Carla - Sorry you've been having some rough days. Boy do I know the feeling of having a bottemless hole. Just put it behind you and get back OP.

I've been keeping up with the exercise. I missed my walk/jog Saturday because of rain, but that is the only day in four weeks that I missed a planned workout!! I don't even think about rolling over and going back to sleep when the alarm goes off. Haven't done as well with the food, but have improved over the last couple of months. I had a maintain this week...kind of disappointing, but I put on a pair of jeans this morning that were tight the last time I wore them. They fit perfect now so the exercise is working. We got a scare this weekend. A tornado touched down in my sister's subdivision. Fortunately no one was injured. She didn't have any damage (only a basketball hoop blown over), but said she can see damaged houses looking out both her front and back doors. She said there are shingles all over her yard.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 05-01-2002, 08:42 AM   #12  

Kristin - welcome! I find that getting here every day is very helpful in keeping me on track. I think your idea of sticking to baby steps is a sound one.

Karen C - I'm glad your hobby worked - so what did you do, needlework? I realized that I have to be careful how much knitting I do. I did a bit too much on the weekend (we had things we drove to for about an hour on both days and Tony & I both like it when I knit - then I'm not being such a "back-seat" driver) and felt it so I've given it a rest for a couple of days. So far, so good on the jury duty. Thankfully my "term" ends this week. I'm glad I am helping you keep focused!

Angie - Way to go on that 0.6# loss! I think your plan is a sound one - I think it's also natural for the losses to slow down the closer you get to goal. It sounds like you are in the right place to get over this hump - way to gon on getting in all that water!

Carla - hang in there sweetie! I was thinking the same as Angie - could you be starting that PMS monster week? It's amazing how there are times like this week where I'm so controlled and satisfied with what I'm eating and then there's *that* week where I feel like eating anything that isn't nailed down. If not, has anything different/stressful/emotional happened over the last couple of days? Here's some more {{{{HUGS}}}}}}}!!!

Pat - Thank goodness your sister and family are OK - that has to be very, very scary! Way to go on the maintain and I'm so glad that you see the progress in how those jeans fit - they are a much more accurate reflection of how well you are doing than the scale. Fantastic job on the exercise!!!! That is a very important part of the healhly lifestyle we are all striving for. I'll bet if you don't get a workout in now you miss it, right?

Karen B - hope all is well!

I had another good day yesterday. I planned a rest day since I went into the office on the early side and ended up leaving on the late side. Today will probably be another "rest from exercise day" because I know I can get a good workout in tomorrow morning. For some reason, I have had an easier time in really limiting my snacking in the evening. I'm not sure why exactly, but I'm not complaining! I'm trying to save up both food and activity points for the weekend - it's my mom's birthday today and we are taking her out to dinner on Saturday to our favorite Italian restaurant. On Sunday afternoon, my mom and I are going to the ballet and will probably have a lunch out.

Have a great Water Filled Wednesday!
Judy
Old 05-01-2002, 09:08 AM   #13  

Carla, hope today is better. Remember, you're not really hungry--you're thirsty. Your body can't distinguish between the two so I have found that if I drink a big glass of water before I succomb to the munchies, it sometimes saves me from eating.

Pat, so glad your sister and family is okay, that was some terrible tornado weather! We've had tornados go through several times but luckily for some reason they jump over the house and do all their destruction to the trees. It's frightening hearing the train sound. Good for you for making exercise a part of your daily routine! I had the same experience yesteerday with my clothes being loose yet no progress on the scale!

Judy, glad you're stringing all the good days together! I had a rest day from exercise yesterday too, and my workout this morning seemed much easier. Good for you for planning for the weekend.

My new hobby is needlecraft. I picked up small kit the other day which is mostly cross stich, a first for me. I find that concentrating on that keeps my mind off food. I did a bit of snacking last night, but was in control.

Karen B, how are you? Stop in and say hello
Old 05-01-2002, 03:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Angie - Thanks for the hugs. It's not PMS, but I'm about mid-cycle and I'm starting to find that my rough time starts then and actually gets better a couple of days or so prior to my period. I'm going to really pay attention the next couple of months to matching my moods, etc. to my cycle. Perimenopause is the pits.

Pat - Thank goodness your sister may it through the tornado unscathed. I'm so proud of your exercise accomplishments. That's terrific. And how great that your jeans fit better. Keep up the good work.

Judy - Thanks for your hugs too! I think emotions may have played a part too. I've been on 4 client visits the last week and 1/2. I've never really like doing that all that much anyhow, and I've found these visits really uncomfortable. For the most part, the visits went well, but I couldn't let them know I was leaving, so it was very awkward. So I think on some level I was reacting to that as well. Plus I've just been really tired lately and that makes it tough.

Karen C - Yep, I definitely have to remember to reach for the water first. And, I've done a bad job with water this past week, so I'm sure that played a part in my woes as well. Enjoy doing your needlework - I want to pick that up again this summer when I have more time on my hands.

Another busy day today - I had 42 customers convert onto the new system. Luckily for the most part its gone well. And the best part is that the conversions are now all done. Kind of bittersweet because now my old company is officially "gone". I didn't weigh in this morning. Up early, tired, didn't want to deal with it. I'll work hard to get myself back on an even keel and see whawt next week brings me.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 05-01-2002, 10:26 PM   #15  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't stopped by for a few days...with the nice weather we've been working outside in the garden till dark, so I've been going to bed later and consequently not getting out of bed as early as I usually do; I've only had time to have a quick shower, grab breaky and head out the door in the morning, which is when I usually catch up and post. I only have a couple of minutes now too, so I'll have to keep it quick...

Kirstin - welcome! Hope you'll join us on our journey.

Judy - congrats on your loss! Keeping my fingers crossed that you've managed to avoid jury duty altogther.

Angie - way to go with your loss! Glad the wedding went well.

Pat - nice to hear that your jeans are fitting so well...thank goodness your sister and her familly are safe.

Karen C - great that you're enjoying cross stitching. I haven't done any for a few years...in fact I have three projects on the go in a closet! I'm sure I'll need reading glasses to work on them now. I'll have to pull them out and have a look. More of a winter project for me...lucky you not having a real winter to deal with.

Carla - sorry to hear you've been struggling; we all have times like that. I've had a few not very stellar days myself recently. Think back to a few weeks ago when you were focussing on Ana, and being in good health to be there for her. Maybe that'll help a little.

Michele - hope you're doing okay.

I maintained for the second straight week. I've been busy in the yard, but haven't been making the time to get on the treadmill, and that's what I need to keep me losing. Today I did 30 minutes; it was the first time for almost a week. I need to get my head around the fact that treadmilling is something I have to do every day. I'm getting a little bored with my work lunches, and consequently snacking to get some variety into my day. Anyone have any creative suggestions for packing a low point but interesting lunch?

Have a good day,

Karen B
Closed Thread