Old 12-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/184/137

Height: 5'1"

Default Just started MRC

I go in for my food class tomorrow. One of my co-workers is doing MRC and he looks and feels amazing, so I'm excited to give it a try. I'm a little bit freaked about getting my plan...the pre-conditioning one is super doable, and the 'real' one is soooo restrictive (though this is a good thing for me).
sessa555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM   #2  
Lindsy is Blah

S/C/G: 215/185/140

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome!

I'm doing MRC on my own (lost 13 lbs since I started on MONDAY!) and it works! My mom and 2 of my sisters are/have lost weight on the plan, so its good you have your co-worker to look toward for some support.
Austons Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.5/155.5/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sessa555 View Post
I go in for my food class tomorrow. One of my co-workers is doing MRC and he looks and feels amazing, so I'm excited to give it a try. I'm a little bit freaked about getting my plan...the pre-conditioning one is super doable, and the 'real' one is soooo restrictive (though this is a good thing for me).
Welcome!! Yes, MRC is very restrictive but it works! Be sure to look at the recipe thread and the cookbook and experiment. Once I found a few meals that I loved it made things more bearable. The first 5-11 days are the most restrictive but once you get through those it isn't so bad. The rapid weight loss keeps you motivated. Before I started I would have been willing to eat cardboard everyday to lose 30lbs in 2.5 months

Last edited by KeepinOnandOn; 12-05-2008 at 09:49 AM.
KeepinOnandOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #4  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepinOnandOn View Post
Welcome!! Yes, MRC is very restrictive but it works! Be sure to look at the recipe thread and the cookbook and experiment. Once I found a few meals that I loved it made things more bearable. The first 5-11 days are the most restrictive but once you get through those it isn't so bad. The rapid weight loss keeps you motivated. Before I started I would have been willing to eat cardboard everyday to lose 30lbs in 2.5 months

LOL! I remember my consult in Aug. They said I could lose 80 lbs by March 14th. I didn't believe them, but told them I was willing to do exactly what they told me to do . . . . . . I'd eat dirt if I could lose that much! Luckily, I really enjoy all the foods on my new plan for life!
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 PM   #5  

Just got my days 1-4 plan...is this really doable??? I'm kinda freaked at how restrictive it is.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:51 AM   #6  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Just got my days 1-4 plan...is this really doable??? I'm kinda freaked at how restrictive it is.
I said the same thing - basically I thought "Oh **** no, somebody lied to me!" But it's a little like doing induction on Atkins, you're getting your body used to having fewer sugars & starches. After the first 10 days it's MUCH easier! Don't let these first 4 days scare you!
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 03:43 AM   #7  

K, I'll hang in there. I'm on pre-conditioning until Sunday, and start days 1-4 on Monday. I lost 2.5 pounds on pre-cond in 2.5 days, so that was pretty encouraging when I weighed in this evening. I bought a ton of kiwi-melon packets (they are soooooo yummy!) so I am looking forward to starting those on Monday. I've been shocked at how much the supplements have helped over the past two days...I've had more energy and am sleeping better. I didn't expect to feel such a difference.

My roommate was teasing me that I am on the Steven King Thinner diet hehe. Hopefully my hubby is able to keep all of his digits.

Thanks so much for the great feedback. One thing that I don't like is how secretive they seem to be about future menu plans (I'm assuming that is because no one would be willing to start MRC if they saw days 1-4!). I'm very glad that it will get easier. I'm all about limited choice, but these first few days are going to be rough. I'll keep everyone posted!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 196/193/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default Canned Goods

I'm on day 8 and since pre-conditioning I've lost 4 pounds. That doesn't sound like much compared to what everyone else seems to be experiencing. I am on the Green Menu. How long do they keep you on each differen menu? Is it until you reach a certain loss? I'm not cheating on the diet, but when I went in for my first weigh-in last night I found out I was not supposed to each anything "canned". WHOOPS! The only things I did have canned was a 1/4 cup Garbonzo beans on a salad, 4 oz. spinach, 1/2 cup pineapple in unsweetened pineapple juice. I read the labels and nothing seems to be added in these. What really is the difference?
busyink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:44 PM   #9  
Em

Quote:
Thanks so much for the great feedback. One thing that I don't like is how secretive they seem to be about future menu plans (I'm assuming that is because no one would be willing to start MRC if they saw days 1-4!). I'm very glad that it will get easier. I'm all about limited choice, but these first few days are going to be rough. I'll keep everyone posted!
I think they just want you to focus on your current menu, not what's coming next, so you won't be tempted to just move on to the next stage before you should. It's only a few days until you get to the green, then you're on that until stabilization.
Hopefully you like cucumbers - they are most definitely your friend when you're trying to eat 8 oz of salad!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 PM   #10  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyink View Post
I'm on day 8 and since pre-conditioning I've lost 4 pounds. That doesn't sound like much compared to what everyone else seems to be experiencing. I am on the Green Menu. How long do they keep you on each differen menu? Is it until you reach a certain loss? I'm not cheating on the diet, but when I went in for my first weigh-in last night I found out I was not supposed to each anything "canned". WHOOPS! The only things I did have canned was a 1/4 cup Garbonzo beans on a salad, 4 oz. spinach, 1/2 cup pineapple in unsweetened pineapple juice. I read the labels and nothing seems to be added in these. What really is the difference?
If you're on the green menu - that's your menu until you reach stabilization.

I think the reason they like us to avoid canned things is they usually have a lot of added sodium, and the nutrition tends to be a little better in fresh or frozen. Actually I've read that frozen is often best because it's spent less time in transit - unless you can get fresh from local farmers. Also, to me, fresh or frozen just tastes better for most things and I think because of our limited choices they want us eating the the tastiest things possible.

Last edited by Meemo; 12-06-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #11  

Default Stabilization

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
If you're on the green menu - that's your menu until you reach stabilization.

I think the reason they like us to avoid canned things is they usually have a lot of added sodium, and the nutrition tends to be a little better in fresh or frozen. Actually I've read that frozen is often best because it's spent less time in transit - unless you can get fresh from local farmers. Also, to me, fresh or frozen just tastes better for most things and I think because of our limited choices they want us eating the the tastiest things possible.

Meemo, You're advice on this site is awesome! You've obviously "been there, done that". Do you work for MRC? I, of course, am a newbie, and I know you've read my other posts that I felt they rushed us through that first meeting and I have so many questions. Thank you so much for being patient. So, I will be on the green menu until I reach my goal weight? BTW I tried the Cremed Cauliflower soup from the cookbook for lunch today and put in chicken breast. It was great, but things are starting to taste VERY salty to me!
Old 12-06-2008, 08:31 PM   #12  

I lost 2.5 pounds in my first 2.5 days of pre-conditioning, so that was pretty cool. However, because I've always been a good water drinker and I switched from one diet to this one, I don't think I'll be hitting any of the huge huge numbers like some people do the first few weeks, simply because I don't have much water weight to lose. My goal is to lose 49 pounds, which might also have something to do with it since a lot of people getting big numbers every week seem to have quite a bit more to lose.

Kicking the caffeine out of my diet is killing me. I'm a sugar free Red Bull addict!

I've told everyone I know that I am on this crazy diet to give myself more motivation to stick it out.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #13  

Default Green Menu

I noticed on the green menu it says "For best results, you may add as many as two extra High Nutrient Supplements each day for a total of 4 per day and up to three Mixed Fruit Fiber Plus Beverages per day."

What are the "Mixed Fruit Fiber Plus" beverages?

Is it okay if I make a recipe with a HNS & drink an HNS at the same meal?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #14  
Em

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyink View Post
I noticed on the green menu it says "For best results, you may add as many as two extra High Nutrient Supplements each day for a total of 4 per day and up to three Mixed Fruit Fiber Plus Beverages per day."

What are the "Mixed Fruit Fiber Plus" beverages?

Is it okay if I make a recipe with a HNS & drink an HNS at the same meal?
If you make a recipe that's a full HNS in your serving, then I wouldn't drink an HNS too - no need. If you want to add an extra HNS or two, add one at mid-morning and/or mid-afternoon, or in the evening if you want a creamy for a dessert or a snack.

The fiber drinks are kind of like Metamucil - they help fill you up & give you some extra fiber if you need it to help with regularity.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 AM   #15  

Thanks, Meemo. You've answered my questions once again.