Alternachicks - December Chat-the-dark-away

View Full Version : December Chat-the-dark-away

ghost
12-03-2008, 08:01 PM
Its a new month people. A long dark one, but HEY! In a couple more weeks thats all gunna change and its gunna start getting lighter out and we're going to be rocking this weight loss thing! Okay, too much happy lamp today...
Merry December all!

ollie27
12-03-2008, 08:11 PM
thanks ghost for starting this...and for putting a little happy lamp in it whatever the **** that is, it sounds good. i was just noticing how for the entire month of november we were a tad down in the dumps. gotta switch gears somehow, someway. maybe when i get home i'll watch nightmare before christmas to cheer me up :)

Robot
12-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Here's hoping for a happy ending to a crappy year.

going2Bhealthy
12-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Everyone does seem to be somewhat down in the dumps. The lack of sunlight, the realisation the year is coming to an end (no matter how crappy it's been) is often a sad thing for me as I still find myself not really having done all the things I'd hoped for. But hey-ho, on we go :D December is enveloping us in her cold bosom but as mentioned above the days will get lighter and we will persevere and all shall be well again come spring ;)

I have no idea why I'm in a good mood, I over slept and now have to rush my morning routine and I haven't eaten yet, but I'm positive and also applying for a new job which I REALLY hope I get. Fingers crossed!! I guess it helps that it's thursday and only two more days left of my crappy *** job before I get a whole weekend of surprises to look forward to :D - my bf has stuff planned cos it's my bday on monday. w00p!

I hope everyone enjoys their thursday ;)

Robot
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Good luck on the job, Maria.

So yesterday, my sis and I were waiting at the customer service line at Wal-Mart (I hate Wal-Mart with a passion, but my sis always seems to drag me there), and these two women were arguing because neither of them knew which one was supposed to be in front of the other. One of the women, who is pregnant and made sure everyone knew that, actually said she was going to meet the other one outside to fight. Tis the season for fighting I suppose.

Neesy_20
12-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Robot, That's crazy. The holidays are always a fun time. haha

ghost
12-04-2008, 04:03 PM
I online shop for christmas because of how ridiculous people have gotton in the last few years. I was physically assaulted when Iworked ina barnes and nobel by a woman and ended up pressing criminal charges against her in 2000. I am so disenchanted with the materialism of the "holiday" anyways.

HAPPY THOUGHTS PEOPLE! This is a happy place...

Lets all take a line or two and write something positive.

Like: Last night a guy who likes me texted me many many times. It was cute nd evertime I heard the buzz of my text mailbox my heart skipped a beat and my tummy did a little flip...lol.

Elwing
12-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Thank you all for your kind words on the guy trouble :). We're going to have another talk about it on monday (no, not to convince him that he has to like me anyway, but to make sure we can talk things through before we have to meet in front of other people). I'm quite positive, I think we can just stay friends. God knows we're both mature enough to step over this.

Oh, and I brought you another happy lamp. See:
http://school.discoveryeducation.com/clipart/images/oil-lamp-color.gif

Going2Bhealthy: I'm glad you had a good morning nonetheless!

Robot & ghost: That's just crazy. I also never want to work in retail again. I used to work for a drugstore some years ago, and my collegues were nasty and my boss was unable to communicate. One time, a customer shouted at me because I accidentally asked her twice if she wanted a bag, she scared me so much that I dropped her change whereupon she started shouting again. I can't think of something more trivial to get worked up about.

So, I've started my internship in Radiotherapy but I'm not too thrilled about it. There's very little to do for me and the surgeon I have to follow for the week has been less than helpful. (Me: "How many patients do you have today?" Him: "One, at eleven o'clock." Me: "Ooookay, where do I meet you then?" (not knowing anything about the place yet, it was my first day after all) Him: "Erm, I've got no idea, can't you ask someone else about that? Oh, I've got to leave now.." Me: "Hey, wait, where are you going, I still have things I want to ask you! ... too late") Also, the reception people haven't been very nice to me. Yeah, I haven't been here ever before and you have no practical system indicating where things are. That means I have to ask stuff every now and then. And I think that this should be possible as long as I do it in a polite way and with a smile. Which I do. Ugh, I can't think of something I dislike more than entering a new ward that I don't know at all. I always feel so uncomfortable.

Positive stuff! My aquarobics was great today. Food did not go too bad either but I really should stop eating chocolate. A 150 cal bar a day is not good for me. And I think I'm going to put up my christmas decorations now. Maybe it'll put me in the seasonal spirit.

Robot
12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Elwing - I'm sorry you're not thrilled with your internship. Hopefully, it'll get better.

Must think positive thoughts. Ummm, I helped my sister write a paper for her religion class and she got an A. She bought me lunch. That's positive! Other than that, I had a binge day. Uggg...

Elwing
12-04-2008, 06:21 PM
A box of christmas balls just exploded into my room. That is to say, the christmas spirit got hold of me and I reacted by putting lights and bells and christmas balls everywhere (I found this huge box of unbreakable ones in the back of a cupboard). Now my room is covered in shimmering ornaments and I'm covered in glitters, sitting behind my cup of lemon zinger tea. I wish I had pics, it looks so cosy. I'd almost forgot that I'm living here on my own and celebrate christmas here! :)

I just had to share, it is december, after all?

Robot
12-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Nothing like a Christmas ball explosion to bring us in the mood.

ollie27
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
elwing - your room sounds wonderful. so does the tea :)

positivity from the ollie: i got evaluations back today from my students. they were all glowing and all my kids said how much they loved having me as a tutor/teacher. screw the ornery profs!

Robot
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Right on, Ollie!

going2Bhealthy
12-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Elwing, good luck with you and your boy shaped friend. As for your internship, some people just aren't helpful at all and have no idea how to communicate with others, persevere and hopefully things will take a better turn :) Your xmassy place sounds great. I think I'm just going to buy or make a few cute decs and hang them on my little decoration tree. There are currently some hand-made eggs I got from Hungary on there, time to change the theme i think, heh.

Yay for you Ollie!! It's great to get good feedback. I was the best performing member of my team yesterday - normally I'm at the other end of the scale - so let's hope I can keep it up again today.

Robot, thanks for the luck :) I hate shopping in town at the best of times but xmas is just mad. We were talking about xmas in general and saying how it ends up being such a stressful time, it seems silly to go through all the effort for one day! Mine will be pretty chilled (after my overtime) and no one has told me what they want as presents, so I'm just ignoring it for now, lol.

Ghost - I love when you're in that tummy fluttering, heart thumping place, it's great ;)

My positivity is that my bf has planned a whole weekend of surprises for me which starts tonight AND I got my app in and I know I can totally do this job, so I'm feeling much more positive about my prospects. AND it's nearly the weekend :carrot: AND I lost a couple of lbs this week, so it's all good here in sunny brighton :D

I hope you all have a great weekend :D

ghost
12-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Hey everyone! Happy Friday!

Happy birthday going2bhealthy! I hopeyou have a great weekend!

ollie27
12-05-2008, 03:57 PM
:hb: happy birthday, maria

Robot
12-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Happy Birthday! I hope all of your birthday wishes come true.

Robot
12-05-2008, 07:39 PM
Hmm, remember I told you ladies about the friend I like having a girlfriend? Well I think she's shoving it in my face. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but whenever I send my friend a comment via myspace, she sends him a comment about how much fun they're going to have going out or something like that.

Am I just paranoid, or is she doing it on purpose?

Elwing
12-06-2008, 06:15 AM
Going2Bhealthy: I sniggered at "boy shaped friend". Especially because several people have told him he was acting like a woman :). Thanks for the comment about my internship, I talked it through with my parents and they convinced me that it was not my fault. Also, there is not much I can do about it since they don't need to build a good contact with me. I'll just have to sit it out and I can tell the doctors that their secretaries are being *****es to the interns, if I feel especially malicious :)

Maria, happy birthday!

Robot: I have no idea... I can imagine she would be jealous if there's someone that is much like her and has known her boyfriend for a much longer time, and also has hooked up with him in the past. Many women would find that difficult to deal with. At least, I can imagine that I would feel unsure about that. Which does not mean her behaviour is right. She should talk to him about that, instead of shoving it in your face. Sadly I don't think there's much you can do about it.

I'm with my parents and enjoying myself. We have a 5th of december celebration tonight, which is a national thing in Holland. We celebrate the day of St Nicolas with presents and poems for each other. I still have to write 2 for my grandparents... that's the hardest thing because I don't see them that often. I hope I still can get some exercise in today. A good day to you all! :wave:

Robot
12-06-2008, 06:34 AM
Elwing - I think the 5th of December celebration sounds pretty cool. I hope you write some awesome poems for your family. And my guy friend apparently deleted all his myspace comments except for mine. I thought that was odd, and I'm sure his girlfriend will not be too thrilled about that. Sure, it's only myspace, but sometimes people get freaked out about things on that site. I'm surprised the girlfriend hasn't brought up the fact that my friend hasn't changed his status to 'in a relationship' yet.

jandaman
12-06-2008, 09:11 AM
yay! i love christmas time!!! elwing- i love the dutch tradition for st. nick. in germany you just leave ur boots outside and depending on whether u were naughty or nice u get candy+tangerines or coal+a switch.
i was also a bit down in nov. off plan and suffering thru crazy back-problems. good news for dec, tho. turns out problems are reversible.so woo-hoo!!! working closely with an awesome osteopath..but the boys in white wanna send me to a clinic for 3 weeks. ick, hate doctors. we'll see.
wishing everyone an awesome 2nd advent and a happy st. nick!!!!

ollie27
12-08-2008, 12:37 AM
jan - you certainly sound more chipper. so glad december is looking up for ya!

i'll be a little awol over the next two weeks. i got papers due.:book2: i'll still check in of course. i'll say it once and i'll say it again, i do so much better when i log in daily. even if it's just to take a peek.

hope everyone is well and chippererer.

Robot
12-08-2008, 06:19 AM
Good luck on your papers, ollie!

Elwing
12-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Jandaman - Good luck with your back problems. That sounds nasty :(.

Ollie: Good luck with your papers!

St Nick was nice but came with too many sweets and chocolate. No loss for me this week (but I lost 3 lbs for 2 weeks in a row, so I'm not too concerned about it). And tonight is aquarobics night!

ghost
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
December is looking better and better. Sure, its cold out...sure, its dark...sure, theres stress. But its looking like one of my "interests" is getting more and more interesting. We hooked up this weekend and he hinted that he's interested in exclusivity. nice.

Janda: hope your back starts feeling better.

Ollie: good luck with your papers :)

Robot, ya, she's doing it on purpose. She probably feels threatened by you. Bask in that glory you hottie!

owlmonkey
12-08-2008, 03:34 PM
Here's hoping for a happy ending to a crappy year.

I agree with this sooo much. The new year has to be better than this last one!

Robot
12-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Robot, ya, she's doing it on purpose. She probably feels threatened by you. Bask in that glory you hottie!

Wow, right now, I love you for that.

I agree with this sooo much. The new year has to be better than this last one!

Yes, next year has to be much better, right?

ghost
12-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Next year is going to be the bestest year ever! and if its not, it can't be any worse then this year was. Well, except for the getting older thing....

mauvaisroux
12-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Janda - hope your back gets better soon!

Ollie - good luck with your papers!

Robot - sheesh - I agree with Ghost. :)

Here's to great things to come for all of us in the New Year! :cheers:

jandaman
12-09-2008, 11:36 AM
oh yeah chicas! 2009 is MINE.

have fun gettin 'er done ollie...i got all my deadlines extended
cuz muscle relaxants do not make for good academic research papers..entertaining-yes, scientific-eh..no. :)

hey ghost..gittin ur groove ON woman. have fun widat.

yup, robot...hafta concur with da ladeez. can you say catty and immature and insecure????

shout outs to owlmonkey and mauvaisroux!!

Lovely
12-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey ladies, you mind if I kinda pop in here? >_> *peeks around*

Just need to find myself a little nesting/chatting place at 3FC.

Let's see, haven't been around 3FC too often in the past two months due to moving/marriage/forgetfulness, jumped on a few times to read, but I'm assuming I know most of you from one area or another. :)

Well let's see it's Tuesday, December 9th... that means The Dark Knight is out. W00t!

Anyone going to get it?

Robot
12-09-2008, 07:09 PM
My brother is getting TDK on Blu Ray that comes with some special Bat Pod. He's pretty excited about that.

Elwing
12-09-2008, 07:24 PM
I'll join you all in hoping for a better new year.

Faerie - welcome! I won't be getting TDK, I'm afraid I'm not really into Batman. And it may even be too scary for me... oops, I'm not a big hero with movies. (<- understatement of the century)

Internship went excellent today, I had a great doctor and we did a lot of patients together, I even talked to a few of them myself. She was in the room and gave me some helpful advice. She said I need to cut them off more though. Well, I don't think I will, as long as I'm not in a hurry and they don't stray too far from the subject. Tomorrow we're going to a hospice with our study group. I'm really curious as to what it'll be like. And that night I'm going to visit a friend who does her internships in the same hospital where I'll be doing them too next year.

My losing isn't going very well. So close to the finish and my motivation is lacking. At least I've eaten all of my chocolate now, and since I don't buy it for myself anymore I hope I won't be tempted to snack so much now. Ugh. I feel like hibernating (and what do animals do before they hibernate? build a nice flabby amount of lard to stay warm! no no I don't want that).

WormwoodDoll
12-10-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm back on plan, ladies! I weighed myself a bit ago and it read 219.1!!!! I'm not celebrating just yet, since tomorrow's my weigh in day, but I am excited. I was staying at 222-220 forever.

mauvaisroux
12-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi Faerie! :wave:

Elwing - glad your internship day went well. :)

wormwoodool - good luck with your loss :cross:

I am off work for the next few days (off sick) so I plan on resting and catching up on some reading.

Have a good day all!

WormwoodDoll
12-10-2008, 06:19 PM
mauvaisroux, feel better!

ollie27
12-10-2008, 06:46 PM
hiya faerie! :wave: how's the married life treatin ya? good to see ya back around. we went to the nearest redbox last night to rent TDK. of course, it was gone already, but we tried. we rented Edward Norton's The Incredible Hulk instead. twas a last day o'class celebration.

elwing - just finished off my chocolate :D

mauvaisroux :getwell:

wormwood- i know it feels good to see something different. love your new pic. you're so pretty.

papers are coming along. slowly but surely. today i finished the last of my research for my research assistantship and now i can focus 100% on my writing. my weight loss is on the backburner for now. i mean. i'm not binging, but the exercise has slacked off and the coffee and chocolate intake has upped. my last paper is due the 18th and then it's all cardio all day. can't wait! i am about to do a short video in between readings. am already suited up in the infamous emerald green spandex. just wanted to jump in and say hi.

HI!

WormwoodDoll
12-10-2008, 09:23 PM
I watched TDK last night, even though I already saw it. I'm a fan of the old Batman and not much of a Christian Bale fan. Especially his raspy voice when he's Batman! What the **** is that? Grr! Hahaha. Health Ledger wasn't that bad (RIP). The movie was too long for me, I think, and it could of been done into two movies. But what's done is done!

Thanks, Ollie. :)

mauvaisroux
12-11-2008, 01:47 PM
thanks Wormwooddoll and Ollie! I am feeling a bit better today. :)

I have read 2 books in 3 days! :cb: Maybe my body was telling me I needed a break as I was going like the hammers at work and in my personal life for the past 4 months.

Elwing
12-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Books! Hmmm... I'm going shopping in a few minutes and I should definitely look for some decent 2nd hand books I want to read. Thanks for giving me good ideas :)

Still no loss :(. Maybe I should blame my eating and not working out.

PrettyPaula
12-12-2008, 11:23 AM
ladies.

i think i have a serious crush on Jared Leto.

help!

Elwing
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I was searching the internet for ugly pictures of Jared Leto to help you, sadly, I did not find any.

Actually, I might join you in your crush. He's hot!

PrettyPaula
12-12-2008, 05:20 PM
i prefer him all emo-boy man make up etc than when he was a preppy boy in movies. i <3 30 seconds to mars anyway and he is just orgasmic. seriously.

i should be happy with my boy at home! he is carey hart and tom de longs love child. lol!

Robot
12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Jared Leto isn't really my cup of tea. I remember years ago, my friend had the biggest crush on him. She got over him though.

WormwoodDoll
12-13-2008, 08:49 PM
So...I went to Ross today to buy a cheap pair of sweat pants for the gym. As I was looking through the clothes, I found a pair of size 20 nice dark jeans. They were only $11 so I thought I'd try them on. To my surprise, they didn't fit. I'm officially a size 18! So I grabbed some size 18 pants and I ended up with a sexy outfit (that looks good on me). This is the first time I EVER bought actual pants. I always wear jeans because they are always more slimming (to me, anyways).

During my searches I found the fit and fresh containers. Only $7 for each one. So I indulged and bought 3 of them. I was going to buy myself a few for Christmas anyways, but these were a steal. Amazon sells that for about $10 + shipping. Woohoo.

Oh..I did get those sweat pants, too! :)

Elwing
12-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Wormwooddoll - grats on getting to size 18! Being a lower size is one of the most exciting things of losing, in my opinion.

Girls (guys): I HIT GOAL WEIGHT THIS MORNING! I am so happy right now :) Thank you all for your support and kind words. Pics will be coming later (it might be a while though).

going2Bhealthy
12-14-2008, 06:48 AM
Congrats on your size drop wormwood! And huge congrats on reaching your goal elwing!!!! How does it feel? :D

I've been a bit down in the dumps this week and haven't really done any exercise so it's no surprise I've no losses to report. Back on track for next week!

mauvaisroux
12-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Congratulations wormwooddoll and Ellwig! :cp:

I finally got out to do some shopping yesterday. Now I just have 3 people left to buy for, groceries to get and some wine for our party. I have no decorations up yet though. I may just go pick up some pine boughs and wreathes to jazz up the place instead of dragging out the tree and all the decorations.

Lovely
12-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Hi Everyone :)

Ollie - Married life is pretty normal. It's the unpacking that is taking such a long time. :rolleyes: I'm so lazy. Edward Norton's Incredible Hulk was fantastic, as well. Solid film. Good luck with those papers! And, uh, with the green spandex. :lol:

Wormwood Doll - I love Christian Bale. But, you're right about his raspy voice. It was way overdone. :p But I've seen the movie a couple of times just for Heath :love:. Oh, and Congratulations on Size 18 Officially!!!! :carrot:

Elwing - Congrats on Goal Weight!!! How fantastic is that?! :D Keep at it!

:wave: & :grouphug: to everyone :)

I've had quite the weekend! We had a crazy ice storm here. Branches & trees cracking & falling over all Thursday night/early Friday morning. Power out from Friday morning (downed lines) until Sunday afternoon. Outside was gorgeous, though. Ice covered trees... Perdy. :)

I had planned to go to my sister's Friday night anyways, so I just stayed over and the husband spent the night at his Mom's place where they played cards & sat by the fire. I made hella X-mas cookies at my sister's house along with my nephew. Didn't eat any :) I'm saving that all for Christmas Eve.

We spent Saturday night at my husband's father's place. Had a nice warm night. Had dinner with his dad on Sunday & caught up. Unfortunately, we found out that his father has Basal Cell Carcinoma (skin cancer in layman's terms). So far he has surgery planned to remove the growth. And the outlook is good. Basal Cell isn't as deadly as melanoma. According to what we read last night it has a 90% cure rate. We'll just go forward from here. Sadly, my husband isn't at all good with dealing with things like this. Not that I blame him, it's just... some people are better at dealing with certain things than others, that's all. So, I'll step up when needed. The cancer is in his father's eye, strangely enough. Not sure if that means he'll have vision problems or anything.

Anyway, onto more positive things. Got my wedding pictures all printed out. Albums are done for the parents. And now we're printing out the pictures to send with our Thank You notes. (Shame on us not getting that done sooner. But I want it done by the end of December.)

I'm off to grab some yummy lunch. Later all! :)

WormwoodDoll
12-15-2008, 06:43 PM
Congrats, Elwing! Be sure to post pictures as soon as you can.

going2Bhealthy You can do it, girl!

Faerie, let's see some of those beautiful pictures. ;)

And thank all you ladies. It feels good going from a size 22 to a size 18.

Gypsy Severina
12-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Congrats wormwood and elwing!

I've done my hour of cardio (plus an extra 12 minutes) for the first time in months, and it wasn't the horrible embarrassment or burden it usually is. It was a high-intensity hour long sport workout on Fit TV and an episode of Shimmy, and besides the pain, it really wasn't as bad as it was before. Since I gained 11 lbs over the Thanksgiving break so fast, I'm hoping it'll go away just as fast with dedication and work.

Lovely
12-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Hi Everyone!

Gypsy - Way to go on the exercisin' :)

Wormwood Doll - :wave:

:wave: & :grouphug: to all :)

Woke up nice & late today, around 11 AM. The new dark curtains in my bedroom make it so easy to sleep...and sleep and sleep.

About to get a tasty breakfast into my belly. Also, best really start cleaning up the apartment, as I'm having my good friend from back in school over on Sunday and she has yet to see the place :)

Robot
12-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Maybe I need dark curtains. I've been lacking in the sleep department. Not good for weight loss.

WormwoodDoll
12-16-2008, 06:04 PM
My apartment bedroom is naturally dark. My apartment faces another apartment, so the sun is usually blocked. Believe me, I have NO problem sleeping. I just have trouble falling asleep.

Lovely
12-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Yeah... falling asleep is a different story entirely. Even though my apartment windows face west, the light was always waking me up at the butt-crack of dawn. Dark blinds may not help get someone to sleep, but they can definitely help keep them asleep once they get to dreamland.

WormwoodDoll
12-17-2008, 03:04 PM
I FINALLY BEAT MY PLATEAU!! I weighed in this morning at 218.2! I weighed myself with two 5lb weights at my side (like I always do when I can't believe it). I even moved my scale to a different location because I thought I'd stay at 220ish forever. :carrot:

Lovely
12-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi Everyone!
Wormwood Doll - Congratulations!!! Alright! :high: Way to go on busting through that plateau!!!!

I went to the Woman Doctor (aye, it needs capitalizing ;)) this morning. New doctor (since I moved) and she was very sweet. Going to enjoy (as much as one can enjoy) going to her.

But it snowed, and the roads were terrible this morning. Slushy & icy and all that. People were also driving very slowly (for good reason), so I ended up arriving late. Eek. Oh well, no one said anything. >_>

I think I'm going to try making some yummy Zero Point vegetable soup tonight as part of dinner.

:wave: to everyone! :)

mauvaisroux
12-17-2008, 10:42 PM
Way to go Wormwooddoll!

And congratulations Elwing!

Going2Bhealthy - go girl! :cheer:

Faerie - congrats and good luck with your unpacking!

Nothing new in my corner of the world. :shrug:

Robot
12-18-2008, 06:26 AM
I forgot to mention this, but...

CONGRATS Elwing!

ollie27
12-21-2008, 03:13 AM
well, the papers are in and i am officially done with my first semester of grad school. can i take a moment to just say it sucks? it sucks.

but at least the snow is beautiful. speaking of which i'm heading south for the holidays and again, won't be around much til after the new year. instead i'll be around the family. looking forward to the needed break, and seeing everyone i have dearly missed since heading to new england, but eating's going to be weird as i'm vegan and they don't even know what that means and for the most part i will be relying on others for food. can we say living off raw fruits and veggies for a couple of weeks? should be good for me. wish me luck.

sorry i haven't had a chance to keep up with everyone. i've certainly missed hanging with y'all. c'est la vie. hope everyone is well.

i'm off to bed. night!

Robot
12-21-2008, 03:59 AM
I bet you're so relieved those papers are finally finished, ollie. I live in the south, and well, food here sometimes sucks. Too many cheese dishes. Also, I never heard of fat back until I started hanging around people from the "sticks." Apparently corn bread isn't vegetarian sometimes.

ollie27
12-22-2008, 02:55 PM
what part of the south, robot? man, i miss it and can't wait to move back. the food may be fried and greasy, but the people are friendlier.

finally got some exercise in! ive been shoveling snow for three days now. being from alabama. this is my first real snow. it's friggin crazy. what's so amazing is that life goes on. seriously, if snow like this were to happen in alabama, the state would just shut down. all of it. built my first snowman last night. twas awesome. best thing is your beer doesn't get warm while you're working.

so, i'm hitting the road in the morning. i do love a good road trip. david sedaris and harry potter on audio and snacks are packed. and i'll get to see the fam and spend time with the hubs, who i don't feel like i see anymore. good times.

i won't be around a computer, which will be a nice holiday in itself, so by the time i come back home it'll be 2009 already. hope everyone has a kick arse holiday and new year.

Robot
12-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Ollie - Have a fun time. I live in North Carolina. It's so weird; I've been living here for a long long time, yet I still feel like an outsider. Oh well, it's a blue state now...OK no more political talk. :)

ollie27
12-22-2008, 08:56 PM
robot - yeah, alabama is one of the reddest of the red and churchiest of the church states. me being an atheist and politically left of dennis kucinich, i never really fit in, but there's just something about home, you know. and what i have found out is that everything is a trade off. this state may be more blue, but it's lacking that southern hospitality. i eamn in the south, everyone knows and talks to everybody. i miss that. and sweet tea. and i like accents in the south better. and i'd much rather of really hot summers than shovel all this snow.

but thanks for the well wishes. we're leaving bright and early. and you and i have some work to do when i return.

peace. o

mauvaisroux
12-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Hopy you all had a great holiday! :)

I just got back from visiting DH's family and had a great time. We are going out tomorrow to spend some of the gift money we got. Although I am planning to save some to go get a pedicure and and a haircut in January.

Have a safe trip Ollie!