Old 12-03-2008, 04:38 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Funny story

So here is the background, I am living in the dorms at school, and in the center of my floor is a common area with some chairs and tables. My room is pretty close to that, and we have had a serious noise problem this year. I've had to tell people in the common area to be quiet at least 5 different times just this term. They are out there yelling and screaming and laughing, at 2am...not just weekends either. The worst of it is that my RA (who is supposed to be keeping everyone quiet during quiet hours) is usually out there with them. So needless to say I am not very popular among my dorm mates because I'm the cranky b*tch who is always telling them to be quiet

So here is what just happened. I'm in my room and someone knocks on the door, the only people who ever come to my room is either of my two friends who live on this floor. So jokingly I yelled "WHAT IS IT???!!" I heard some guy go "uhh....." And realized it wasn't either of my friends, so I was laughing as I opened the door. It turned out to be 2 of the guys who are always in the common area, who I've had to tell to be quiet. They looked like they were actually scared, they had even backed away from the door a little. They seemed to relax when they saw that I was laughing. It's good that they're are scared of me though, maybe that will make them shut up. But anyway, they wanted me to sign some petition, so I figured I would so they wouldn't think I'm so bad.

Anyway, that made me laugh a bit.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

that a girl!!! You show 'em! I'm always known as the b*tch in the group even though I'm actually really nice. It's 'cause they know I don't take cr*p, you're the boss!
JRockSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #3  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Good for you standing up for yourself. It would have never worked in my dorm. Do you know what petition you signed by the way?

Lawl, I remember the "lovely" dorm life though I lived on the 4th floor. My floor had a serious noise problem and I was always the homebody trying to sleep at 12am. I have had random people walk in my room thinking they went to their gf's room. LOL Oh, how I don't miss the cold showers because of no hot water or the supposed coed by floor rule (which never followed) it was so coed by bed.

One time my bf and I got caught fooling around in the laundry room by the RA in his dorm. He just opened the door turned the light on saw us and said "carry on!" and turned the light out and left.

Last edited by Bee20nine; 12-03-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #4  
I'm curious.

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/145

Height: 5'3

haha! too bad you didn't open the door barking or something! lol
LizzieBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:41 PM   #5  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Yes, the petition was because I guess two of their friends are being kicked out of housing for bullying. They claim they were never given any prior warning, although I doubt it. And they say they don't know what they did that was bullying. So anyway, they were petitioning it, hoping they will get to stay. I really don't think it will work though.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #6  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

One year my RA was in the room next to me, and she was being SO loud with some other girls in there at night (during quiet hours). I finally went and knocked on her door, and she said she would write herself up.
I felt dumb, but they finally shut up!
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/240/140

Height: 5'6"

I am so glad that i never lived in a dorm....bah i would be the same way

I have to move into an apartment and i have a feeling that i will have the same issue as where i need to move to is by the local community college, sigh....what can you do
ginger131986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:46 PM   #8  

ughhhh my first year i lived across the hall from this guy who BLARED the song "sweet dreams" as part of a friday "ritual" he had. he bought a sound system specifically to play this song as loud as possible? so i'd be having a nap and be woken up by "SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THESE!" he would even open the door to make it louder how bizarre
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote