Support Groups - Lo Carb #28 A fresh start, a new you!

1fralick
04-29-2002, 05:29 AM
Well I felt that all these new/ renewed motivation needed a new thread. Yes I am with you! Sue. I have been lamenting my lack of consistant drive. Last fall I wanted tto be 200 by 4/1. That was my goal and it was a reasonable one too. At the time. I am 228 still. But it is my own fault. I only worked out 1 day last week. ANd while my eating might be OP I am taking in too many calories. I make my choices. I ' d like to be 220 by may 28th. SO that is my new goal. ANy loss between now and mother's day would be good.

My goal sfor this week are:

OP eating
portion control
work out 4-5 times
water!

I will journal
In fact I will start a lo carb journal for food and exercise (thread) for the week and our final friday entry we can list our weigh in

ALl right girls off to the battle

nasus40
04-29-2002, 09:08 AM
Hi pat! I am ready. I was carbing till late last night complete with huge carb headaches. I am SOO ready for this. I feel that i needed to have that as i was really having a hard tiome. i get myself going really good then when i fall i fall hard this time was no exception but it was more under control and much sharter than before. so that is good. It shows that i am having more control over my self. I will weigh myself at the gym this morning so i do not get into the habbit of hitting the scale 5 times a day. my scale is in my bag for work and i refuse to tke it out. the food journal is the best!! it is what keeps me in line so i have mine started with yours!!! I will aslo use fit day so i may not put all my food there but it will be in my fit day journal which i will add to the signature line so you can read it but i will post my numbers.

I am ready!!!

ok girls roll call boot camp sarg is calling for a line up!!!

Call out when i call your name!!

SUE HERE!!

DANA

PAM

MELODY

TERRI

LEE

LK

PAT (I know you are here already)

Exercise IS included in this do what you can! even if it is walking, lifting soup cans, and doing your stiars in the house!!!

1fralick
04-30-2002, 05:17 AM
Good morning everyone

How are wedoing?

Well yesterday could have been better.

Nothing really to say.

You all ahev a good day. Off to report on yesterday

gbo
04-30-2002, 03:41 PM
Well my Darlings, The ceiling beams are gone and the ceiling look so much higher! It took three coats of paint on the ceiling and floor but what an improvement! Reworking the built in bookcases was a serious job but oh how lovely our livingroom is now we have another room to turn into a proper bedroom! It had been and office for an the previous owner and there are units built on the walls that has to come down , curtains to make, beds to put up and bedside tables to make so we are far from done. Our garden just gave our first harvest of collard which I myself planted and so guess what we are having tonight! Now for the big news!!!!!!!!
I am back to 304 and totally thrilled so I have lost between 10 to 12 lbs!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes life is good.

Lee Darling, don't let 4 lbs get you down I had regained alot more than that but I am back to where I was and now can continue down as I had done before.
My prayers are always with you and you are always in my thoughts. Take the meds Babe and improve your quality of life. I am always here for you day or night. Dear one , I don't wish to be pushy but write me or something. I do so miss you . Love Always ,
Pam

nasus40
04-30-2002, 08:24 PM
way to go PAM!!!

Pat i am here right behind you I am doing good tons of things to do but here I am. I have the determination that even starving did not put me off too badly. I was so hungry i was soo tempted to eat all the fries and have my icecream sunday but i said no!!! so not bad for the day!!!!!

tornadoterr
04-30-2002, 10:09 PM
well, there you go,, I just posted a new thread...I did NOT mean to. I meant to post here...man, this is all out of whack tonight..:dizzy:

anyway,,,,sorry about that....I am getting my journal out and am ready to go!!!! Kentucky Derby day is Sat....a big party day for me, but I am planning on staying OP.. and hopefully winning some money $$$$$ hehehe....

Take care,

nasus40
05-01-2002, 08:23 AM
No problem just glad youare here!!! So saturday is the big day??? Go for it!!!

gbo
05-02-2002, 01:46 AM
Today was a lazy day as Mom and I went and had our hair done. The long hair is gone and I simply adore my new short hair. It is really short and thank God as at this age comes the change and girls I know Mom taught me girls don't sweat they glisten......well,
I glisten buckets at the drop of a hat!!!!!! LOL
I have added grapefruit to my daily intake as it is the one thing that helps to....keep me regular.The water I did not do much of today. Unbelievably I totally forgot to start back today on that regimine . It was not only a lazy day.... but a brain lock one too. I have my mind set back so as it is late I will start on the morrow.
I had my hair done and lost my mind!

My Dears it was 90 degrees here today and it will be like that all week! Summer is here, now! Looks like the pool will be opened a lot sooner than expected this year! I am so sad about it ( yeah right). I am doing quite well and life is good!!!! I hope I can lose the 4 lbs by the 9 th but perhaps not. I will be thrilled if I do but not disappointed if I don't, still I am keeping my fingers crossed as it is Hubbys Birthday! Love you all.
Pam

1fralick
05-02-2002, 05:49 AM
Good morning all,
Well the week always starts out with good intentions and goes down hill from there. I propably should have focused on mental stiff, getting back on track. I started last night. Remiding myself of all the end results. Like smaller sizes and all teh stuff that goes with that. I remember last year asking a woman on the 100# site if she was afaid that she would make her goal. She had been at the smae weight for so long and it was around tthe 200# place. She at first didn't think so. But lateer admitted that maybe she was. I have been here for months now. What am I afraid off? I know I feel more socially acceptable at this size. I am not the biggest woman in the room. I am not wearing teh biggest size the store has to offer. I don't feel as self concous. But what is keeping me from moving on? What is there to fear by shopping in teh regular size. Alot of woman are a size 12. They seem ok. I have accoplished other goals in my life. But this is a pretty visible one. It's always the mental stuff that messes me up. I have issues apparently. I need to see them so I can move on.

Well Have a great day.

Pam I am so jelous. 90 degrees? wow.

Terri enjoy the derby!

Sue how goes it?

dana.... where are you, don';t you go missing again.

Melody where are you

Lee?

lodyangel
05-02-2002, 08:32 AM
Here I am!!!!!

Life has been so crazy this week....after the **** last week...I got sick...I have COMPLETELY lost my appetite...which is GOOD!!! I have lost an incredible amount of weight from last friday...I was 207...tomorrow I expect to be under 200. I know most of it is water weight....but I hope this no appetite thing sticks around! I love it!!! I figure while I have it...I might as well use it!

I went to the doctor and got put back on zoloft...I have anxiety attacks and they came back...so I have been feeling better. BF and I have called a truce for now. Zoloft makes me love him again...isn't it amazing what such a tiny little pill can do????

I haven't been working out. I have been too ill...but I have been meaning too...just don't have the energy. Devin is still sick...still has the chicken pox...but they seem to be drying up. He has asthma and that has been acting up, and he has been so weak...he slept almost ALL DAY yesterday! That is not normal for any four year old...but especially not him...he is **** on wheels...I am going to call the doctor, as soon as they open an see what they say about him.

I am glad to see all the new, positive attitiudes...especially from you Sue...I know you can do this...I have faith in US...all of US. We just have to stick with it, and make good choices. I believe I can do it! So I will!!! AND YOU WILL TOO!!!!

I will try to get a food journal and keep it...good idea to "write out" your cravings with as well!

Pam glad to see you are back, good job on the loss....Dana, I miss you....Pat, good job on keeping us all straight! Terry? Lee?

HAve a wonderful day and i WILL check in tomorrow!!!!:) ;)

lodyangel
05-03-2002, 08:27 AM
Hello ladies.

I think I have pink eye....yuck...one of the babies at another center I help out at had it and it appears that I have contracted the dreaded "disease".... My luck!

I have lost 7 pounds in a week.....interesting what no appetite can accomplish....I still have no interest in food. It's wonderful....I hope it never comes back!

Everyone have a nice weekend!

nasus40
05-03-2002, 06:24 PM
Well with a few nibbles I did not do too badly. today was a higher carb load but i let myself get hungry. so better to be prepared. I feel better. and feel more in control of myself now. I just need to go the final distance. I skipped exercise 2 days this week, that is not to bad but i do not want to make a habit of it. water is a needed addition to my woe. I have been having headaches llately it may be from lack of water. or carb withdrawl. I am thinking a bit of both. when i carb up like today i have less of a headache. so i will just have to wean myself down.

Melody congrats on the weight loss great going. you are really doing great. what does BF think of the loss??? I am glad you are on medication it helps soo much. some times i wish i was. I get soo moody and almost vicious at times, and i can not control my self.

Pam 90??? we got al the way up to 50 this week!!! POOL??? do you skate?? :lol:

Pat i have been there too. i know what is it that is keeping me from reaching my goal??? why can i not manage to stick to it??? holding pattern is better than gaining but it does maky you feel so frusterated. I think that i will post and find all the info on goal setting so that should help us go for our goals again and reach them. I have read stuff on dr mercolas site and he has some thing about eft (emotional freedome techniques) which is almost like a self hypnosis or do this on some on eelse. it supposedly works so i think i will read up on that and do it to myself. hopefully it will work. I will let you know how it does. i hope to get it to help me remain focused, and then i can work on my goals.

Dana!!! hope t hear from you soon. I got your email but could not open the attatchemnts. i will try again.

also to let you guys know i got an email that said some thing about a funny game I did not know who it came from, so i did not open it but emailed her back and it was sent back undeliverable. so if any of you get an emai that was forwarded from me i do not send forwards unless they are special so delete this one immedialty!!!!

well enough for today!

nasus40
05-04-2002, 10:49 AM
A nice quote!

OUR DEEPEST FEAR
By: Nelson Mandela
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, famous? Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

gbo
05-04-2002, 10:35 PM
Well my Darlings, I am thrilled by the loss of two more pounds since Thursday!!!! But........ I am frustrated by my computer problems!
Hubby has some damaged programs that has made using my computer impossible and talk bout affecting my life!AHHHHHHhhhhhhh! He won't let go of them either and will rather wait for weeks on end to see if a program he thinks might fix it works.... I am spitin' nails!!!!!!
So here I am again on webtv which I am not used to any longer and have a dickens of a time typing on! GRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr
Still I am back on the losing trail and nothng can keep me down due to that fact!!!!!!
Weight loss was 304 , I had regained 14 or so and now today I weighed 302 ! Three more pouds and I will be back in the two hundreds now that will bring me to my first major marker! I have lost 36 lbs. since starting here. With all the brick walls I have hit along the way I am flying high.
Lody.... hang tough babe we all run into those nasty bugs along the way.
Pat Honey,we all have issues God knows but we are behind you 100% and love you dearly not matter what so know we all have to get it togeter sometimes and a few false starts are just the first steps to success. If you keep at it you will fid the groove again and low and behold willowy you will be!
Sue I just loved the verse yo posted and Lord knows there are no truer words.
Love , Pam

gbo
05-04-2002, 11:14 PM
Oh I FORGOT!!! Just for the winter blues... I have pent hours peeling the burnt skin offf Hubby from hs sunburn and by Jove I do believe he is getting darker than my Sioux Skin tone!
Today it was a very warm 92 degrees. The sky was overcast in a most pleasent way. Not dreary rather like a soft silvery glow thatlay above us.The Huneysucle is everwhere and out the sliding dors of my Diningroom a Humming bird drifted lazily from rose to rose. The red roses are ablaze with scarlet blooms almost to heavy for the branch to hold, the salmon roses(our humming birds rose of choise) are bursting from every branch and with profusion. Out front along side the winding driveway the Carnary yellow Roses have ut done themselves and laden as the branches are with the sweet sented roses it looks as though they shove them out in great pride for all to see. The scent of fresh cut grass fills the nostrils and mingles with the frarance of Honeysuckles and roses. Another scent hardly ore han a whisper tatalizes the nose with promises of what is to come. I lok up at the large Magnoatree overwhelmed with long buds soon to burst forth into
plate size, creamy flowers heady with the smell of lemon and french perfume. Delicate yet powerful indeed. I hear Hubby out in the pasture with the riding mower and picture a gazebo next to the stand of trees and watch the bluejays dash in and out of the branches their brilliant blue feathers delight the eyes. Songs fill the air from nesting birds of all types preparing for their Motherhood to be. I walk in the house sit in my very cofortable chair and take a few minutes to thank God for all the beauty he has created and blessed me with. My Mind wanders to the covered pool and I an grateful that the most intense of sunlight and summer heat rapidly approaching
offers me the freedom to shelter in the cool water and move with great ease once again graceful and serene.
Pam

nasus40
05-05-2002, 04:43 PM
Pam it sounds like you are having some wonderful days there except hubby playing with the puter! :D

I tried the EFT and by jove i think it is working. I did it yesterday for cravings and well i did not have them but i still ate some frenchfries only not because i could not resist them but just for the texture. so today i have been totally OP and passed all the cookies i have in the house!!! that is wonderful!! I feel so great about that i coulc just flip!!!

It is just a start. But i have passed the cookies!!!! i do not even want to go for them. I think in a few days with a few more tries at this i just may have found what helps!!!

well anyways today is a great day out side. DD2 DS1 DS2 got hair cuts DDBF and DD1 got their hair colored. what fun for the day. no cleaning or exercise. so tomorow i will be back OP all the way. diet for today!! and that is a good thing.

gbo
05-05-2002, 09:52 PM
Computer is up and running well. Hubby spent five hours working on it and all is well in my universe. Sorry girls about the spelling on the Spring and summer update from Alabama but that keyboard is my personal nightmare. Hard to believ it was my lease on life a few years ago. Now I only use it when I cannot use my computer. I am OP and al is right with the world although I haven't yet gotten back into the water swing and I am really quite good about that normally but it has been a few false starts so far to get back on the water as I have been relying on crystal lite. I know , I know water , water ,water. I will go right now and make a promise to me to be faithfull again to my water intake. Pam

1fralick
05-06-2002, 06:30 AM
Good morning all,

Many thanks and hugs to you all!The support and understanding and acceptance are really appreciated and needed.

Sue I loved the quotation. How true and inspiring.

Pam HUGS to you. My goodness I enjoy your ability to descibe your world> I am glad the computer is fixed. The fussy things. I shudder when DH adds a program

Dana where are you? I feel you slipping away. I am where you were or are. We can do this. We just have to find our way.

Melody I hoipe you are feeling better

Terri how was the derby?

Lee I hope you are lurking

I think that is the roll call

A new week

I am in once again

gbo
05-06-2002, 05:10 PM
My Darlings I am OP and water intake last night was lower than I like it 82 oz. but I have my water in hand as I sit here. Gulp, gulp.
Today is a dreary day and i am rather listless. Blossum is laying on my leg serene in her world (Chi my child of the fur) the sky threatens to drown the parched earth. I have to run down to the upper garden and cut collards for dinner but here I sit and with family soon to be here you would think I would be blazing with modivation to get things done. Today I sit languid. Ah well I must go and do dinner. Spicy chicken wings and collards tonight.
I wrestled with my inner demon last night as mac and cheese called and beconned to me from the fridge. I did eat some chicken thighs ...two sort of , my children have to get their share of course so naturally I really didn't get much but it was enough to dull the voice I struggled with . So all is well.
Pam

nasus40
05-06-2002, 05:50 PM
I am here holding my own. I had 4 potaote chips. that is all!!!

good things are going well. I am hungry and there is dinner ready and nobody to eat!! :(

water is going good here too. I have been peeing all day but that is from the 6 lbs i gained in fluid yesterday from that salty ham!! but is sure was good!!!

I have a really busy day tomorow. work out, then meeting for diet at 10:30 some more things in the afternoon, then diet workshop in the evening!!! and i do have atleast one comming!! I am soo excited!! I am giving a half price special for the month of may!!!

tornadoterr
05-07-2002, 08:39 PM
hello all,

I stunk at Derby day...I didnt have the winner but I had picked every horse behind him....ahh well...another year...

Oh, and we are getting ready for our trip to Fla...and we are leaving the kids here so we will have a lot of time at the dog track......maybe I can hit something there....good lord, i am sounding like quite the gambler....hehehe:D

Well, I got back OP last week, dropped 8 lbs and have stuck there ever since....I did indulge a bit tonight ( AHHHH.. WHY DO WE DO THAT???) BACK at it tomorrow.....

I may be going full time when I get back from vacation....I have been offered a fulltime position and its one I have been wanting for years.....I gave my 2 weeks notice last week cuz I just got fed up with things and decided I wasnt going where I wanted to be going there...I felt stuck!!!! so anyway, he called me in his office and offered me this position with a raise $$$$.... oh, what to do, what to do??????

I will talk to ya all later.....need to start planning for trip next week, so I wont be online to much but I will try to pop in before I go....... take care all

tornadoterr
05-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Hello, its me again...

I meant to ask you, Sue, what is the EFT???? just curious...

Thanks, Terri

gbo
05-08-2002, 01:29 AM
Darlins ,
I broke down and had bread , two slices with two hot dogs last night. The result is my stomach has been touchy all day. Funny how sensitive the body gets isn't it? My water has suffered to day due to tummy but tomorrow will be a better day and getting an upset tummy may be a blessing . I sure had no desire to slip up today!!!!! I wanted to laugh when I took note of the dress I am wearing today. It was just below my knees and now it is totally floor length!!! I am not unhappy about this at all!!!!!!!!!!
Craving were driving me around the twist but a sick tummy certainly shuts up those naughty voices! So I am very OP today.
It is nearly 11:15 and still 77 degrees. I really think it is pool time.
Time to open that puppy back up. I love the water. I love to lay on my back and float after water exercise. Look up into the soft blue skies and watch the birds dash about the trees. The sound of water gurgling in my ears. The sun warm and water cool. Suspended in pure serenity.
Pam

1fralick
05-08-2002, 05:30 AM
Goo Morning all,

Well I could be doing better. This house thing is driving me to the max stress level. My goodness. But I am in some kind of holding pattern. Cravings are worse with the stress. Had ice cream yesterday my downfall. Water is OK.

Terri Congrats on the job offer! Sorry about the derby. I too wondered what those letters stoodf for.

Pam, You really shoulb be a writer! You have such a way with words.

Both you and Terri are right wht do we do it for that milisecond of pleaseure and the resouinding gulit and physical discomfort.

How are the rest of us doing.

If I was closer I would hunt down Dana! It's gotten to that! YOU DO HAVE A VOICE I DON"T CARE IF ALL YOU HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IS THE COOKIES YOU ATE TODAY I NEED TO HEAR IT!

Well ....

I digress

Hey Sue, Melody I feel that we are losing the little steam we had!

Come on girls!!

nasus40
05-08-2002, 10:50 PM
Pat I am going full bore!!! although i did nibble a bit today but i was soo good all day, it was samples for boyscouts.

Terri EFT is emotioonal freedom techniques. it is a cross between self hypnosis i think and accupunture. it is a series of tapping in special places and sayint a "trigger sentance" It is really neat. it seems to work for me.

I will have to email her pat. i do miss her!!!

Terri good luck with the florida trip.

Pam you need to have some foods on occasion!!! that are carbs. your body does not need them but there are occasions that we will eat them. you need to relax a bit on the carbs. that way your body will not react so hard when you do have them.

Pam i need to get all the info on low glycemic foods that i can get. I have a cliet that is interested on any info that i can get. do you rmember where the list was that you had wrote out long ago.

1fralick
05-09-2002, 05:59 AM
Good morning all
things are the same

Do you have a web site or soures fot that EFT thing?

here are those web sites for lo glycemic stuff

http://www.mendosa.com/gi.htm

I also read on Syndrome X and Paleolithic diet.
Go to our sugar busters site and they have a library thread with tons of articles.
You all have a great day
Pat

nasus40
05-09-2002, 12:59 PM
http://www.mercola.com/article/eft.htm this one talks about what it is in a nut shell but I followed the link and found it. It does work!!

Here is the link to EFT site www.emofree.com keep an open mind it is a downloadable book of 80 pages I printed it out and read it that way.
I will check in later but have tons to do.

things are going well. I did a good work oout today!!!

gbo
05-10-2002, 12:13 AM
Sue Bee, I am so very proud of you! It is so good to hear about the classes and know you are making your dreams come true. Roll on Girl!!!!
It has been a busy , busy day. Hubbys Birthday is today and I made his favorites, shrimp salad and carrot cake. The lit candle played Happy Birthday and he really enjoyed it. I did have a sliver of cake for his Birthday but just a sliver.
I made and decorated his cake sewed rugs for the kitchen, scrubbed the ceramic backsplashes and counter tiles in the kitchen, pulled everything out of the pantries and reorganized it,
made 30 half restuffed potatoes for the freezer, made cabbage rolls for tomorrow, folded and put away laundry, washed a ton of dishes and pans off and on all day, and took a wonderful shower and now is my down time. My lower back has been a real pain, (pardon the pun) today so it had better be ok tomorrow I really have so much to do. Windows, swedish meatballs to make ahead and freeze, stroganoff to prepare for oh, I also stripped three beds and remade them spraying a hint of scent on the bottom sheets. A lovely fresh crisp scent. So when they pull back the sheets it will be inviting. I have a whole new room to turn into a bedroom and decorate tomorrow. Everything must be done by Tuesday so I don't when I will get back here to post but hopefully I will get back before the 19th when Sissy leaves. We shall see.
I have prepared a basket of wonderful shower and bath items in the main bathroom for everyone from scented soaps to loofahs, silky powders and softly scented lotions. Scents like Magnolia, Freesia, peach, cool cucumber splashes and various other items all trimmed out in a lovely basket and all around the handle I wove in silk roses, ribbon and greenery spilling down. I hope they enjoy it all. I have to make three new floral arrangements to , I almost forgot. Well my Darlins it is about time to rest. You all take care. I shall return as you well know.
Pam

gbo
05-11-2002, 12:06 AM
It is purely summer here now ya all. It has been in the 90 all week and with no sign of a change except higher. I recon when Hubby come back from Missouri we will just open the pool and not wait. The sun shines and life has erupted from everywhere. I really should build on a wrap around porch to spend those long evenings with a mint Julip in hand and the night sounds as a lulaby. I am dashed off my feet at the moment and soon my family will be here. Next week I shall return. For now , my Darlins
I must go stretch out and hopefully go to sleep early (for me). I have a crazy weekend but I want to take Monday to rest so I won't be swollen and worn out when everyone arrives. I will have you all in my heart and prayers.
Pam

lodyangel
05-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Hello Everyone.

I am so sorry that I have not posted recently. I have been gone forever, and no one noticed!!!:mad: HA HA! that's okay...you guys were all still typing at me, and I guess no one realized I was not in the mix.

On 5/3 friday, My baby sister....she's 21....had a really bad car wreck. that is why I have not been online. I had just gotten to my Mom's house and parked my car right behind my baby sisters. She came out of the house and asked me to move it, which I did...man I wish i hadn't or at least had waited awhile...but anyway. I was looking for one of our puppies. My dog had given birth to 3 adorable pups, nd one was missing, and we didn't even hear Autumn when she told us good-bye...well we never found the Pup, and I gathered up my kids and headed to my house. I walked in put the baby in her crib and walked into the kitchen to start dinner when the phone rang...it was one of my older sisters calling on her cell phone...all I heard was "Autumn had a car wreck at the end of the road, and I can't find my keys!" I said "okay I'm going" so I yelled a BF and ran out the door and drove to the end of the road. In the back of my mind I really did not think she was hurt....I was thinking...fender bender. When I got to the end of the road her car was sitting in the middle of the intersection and the whole front end was gone...still I was looking for her to be walking around...then I saw them working on someone beside the road in the grass...I recognized my sister's shoes and I took off running. A woman stopped me and told me I needed to calm down, that Autumn would be okay but her face was cut up really bad, and I needed to calm down so I wouldn't scare her. The State trooper had a shirt laying over her face, and when I walked up to her, he removed it so I could see her. I just fell to my knees beside her and said"oh baby I love you." Her lips were sliced to pieces and she had a gash running down her face. It broke her nose, and the bone behind your eye that your optic nerves run through. She had glass in her eye, and 13 pieces of glass in her upper lip, and one big one in her cheek. They took her to the hospital, and then they transferred her to Lexington to UK. It took 2 plastic surgeons 2 and a half hours to put her back together. She gets all her sticthes out today, and the stint in her nose will come out. She has been through it. She is still really swollen, and the medicine she has to keep on her face broke her out really bad. But I think after the swelling goes away, and the redness that she will be amazed at how good she will look. She had her seat belt on, and her air bag deployed, but she got hit from the side, and she got knocked into her driver side window which was half way down, that's where all the glass came from....She was very lucky, and I thank God everyday that he did not take her. Her car looked like someone had dies in it. It's just amazing....

Then BF got arrested, and got beat up b the police....I am not kidding....I would tell you guys more, but the lawyer said not to discuss it. They broke his hand, and he's a maintenance man...he is trying to work, but they may have to put him on short term disability because they are running out of things for him to do.

Then as if that wasn't enough....BF grand father...he's 82, he got pneumonia and was put into the hospital. Luckily though he's a tough old guy. He's suppose to get out today...

So I guess all in all we have been lucky in a way...everyone is pulling through okay so far. I have lost some more weight, but I am unsure how much. With a life like this, I should be losing weight!

Well everyone have a super week! I will check in again later!

love ya!

nasus40
05-14-2002, 10:22 PM
Melody I am soo sorry about you lil sis. OH what a terrible thing to happen to her. give her some hugs for me then turn them on you. you need some for support!!! I did notice that you were gone many of us tend to drift in and out at different times i ama a big one who will do that i tend not to worry unless it is really long. or if you have been doing badly drifting frequently then just up and missing. next tiem drop a line just to ask for some prayers for her we love to give support!!!! PLEASE??? I hat e the thought that you have had to go though all that yourself. I know you have had some family there but they are all busy with their crisises that are going on you have been hit by many whamys! {{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}} stay strong and do spend time to break down.

I need some umph here I have a gal down in texas giving me a swift kick in the butt. it should help. so I can say that i am sick of frosting!!!!

I will be posting my daily menues for accountability starting tomorow so please give me a real kick in the but if you see things that should not be there.

tornadoterr
05-14-2002, 10:44 PM
Hello everyone,

first of all, Melody, my heart goes out to ya girl.....how awful for you.....I am sending hugs ((((((( )))))))) your way.....I will say a prayer for your sis and your family...(boyfriend included)...sounds like he has had a rough way to go lately ........

I am leaving thurs. Morning for Fla....ahhh, cant wait to get in the sunshine and warmth...I love it.....I wont be back till Memorial weekend so everyone take care of each other....

I will get lots of walking in down there and my eating isnt usually too bad.....so my goal is to maintain...then when I get home WATCH OUT!!!! My friend and I are going to start walking and my daughter and I are going to walk the track around her ball field.....so here we go............ BUT, vacation first...then I will return to work fulltime (not looking forward to that) but I am glad to have the opportunity for the job....

so, everyone take care...talk to ya when I get home.......:cool:

lodyangel
05-15-2002, 08:41 AM
Hello all...

Things here are starting to calm down a little. Baby sis got all her stitches out, and her nose splints out (OUCH) on Monday. She is still really broke out from the medicine, but her swelling in her cheeks is gone...so now all we are waiting for is her lip and her nose. The DR. told her that the little tiny tubes that help carry the swelling out of her lip were cut, and they first have to heal before the swelling will go down. I can't wait...it is wearing thin on her, and I hate to see her so down on herself. She was such a pretty girl...and she will be again, but she says she feels like a monster. What is worse is some people treat her that way. My older sis took her to a yard sale Saturday, and a lady there kept giving her dirty looks, and wrinkling her nose a t her, and rolling her eyes. I knew the lady and when baby sis told me I wanted to go beat her!!! ( No use for me to get arrested though...we have enough trouble!) But it really hurt Autumn, and she cried. Any idiot can see she has been in some kind of accident...people are such @ssh*les!!!

BF gets his hand set today...another ouch!!! He talked to his lawyer on Monday and they are going to try to get the human civil liberties union to take his case...they are really good, and it will save us money so pray they take it!

As for dieting...I haven't been, but I feel smaller, and I love it. I have been alot more active, and haven't been eating as much. It seems like the stress of not dieting helped me lose a few pounds...when i was trying I guess I was focusing on food too much, now food is not a big deal, and I eat less of it. I will weigh in on Friday and see what Mr. Scale says...:)

Thanks for all of the prayers...I need them right now!

terry have a great trip to the sunshine state!! I have never been there! I am so jealous!

Sue....here's ya some kicks in the rear end....send some my way too...I at least should be walking!>>>>>>>>(kicks>>>>>>>. Your continued motivation astounds me!

Have a nice day ladies!

lodyangel
05-15-2002, 02:37 PM
Hello again!

I just popped back in to fill you in on the next segment of Drama that is my life! BF went to the Dr, to get his hand set and they could not set it!!!!! His bone in his hand below your pinkie knuckle was upside down inside his hand!!!! OUCH! He has to have surgery tomorrow to fix that and they are going to put a metal plate in his hand! They told him that he may never be able to have full use of it again...and for those of you who do not know...he works in maintenance at a factory...his hands are how he makes his money...the doctor wants him off for 6 weeks, but he is going back sooner on light duty for awhile.

Well, that's the saga of me for another day! Keep us in your prayers and hope that everything will turn out alright! Type at ya in the AM.

nasus40
05-16-2002, 11:32 AM
Hi! I am keeping your sister in my prayers.

Holly cow they must have messed his hand up really BAD!!! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers that they can do some things with his hand. I did want to say that he should not go back to work or the dissability will say that he is capable of returning to full duties and earn an income, so he will get much less if anything cuz he can work. get the doc to pull him out completely if you can swing it finanically.

I am holding my own today so fat. keep me in your good thoughts for being good.

I must run i have another busy day today. but just wanted to stop in and let you know i was thinking of you

lodyangel
05-17-2002, 02:57 PM
Hellio ladies!

Josh came through surgery okay. He is just sore. They put a metal plate in his hand and four screws. He is not allowed to do anything with that hand fjor at least 3 weeks. i mean nothing...not even move his fingers. He goes to court Monday...haven't heard anything back yet about the HCLU...

Baby sis is doing better....She just wishes the swelling would go down, and now her face is peeling....she is still broke out. I can't wait until she is back to herself. i don't think any of us will be the same ever again though!

Well just wanted to pop in and say Hi and you guys are in my thoughts...

nasus40
05-17-2002, 04:42 PM
Just want to say that i "saw" Lee!!!!

melody glad that Josh came through surgery ok! and that sis is healing. take it easy and breath a sigh of relief now. rest then get back on schedule!

Give me some strenght here i bought some french fires for dinner tonight. I have been great but will be nibbeling on them so i will need some strength to keep them down to a minimum

gbo
05-20-2002, 01:45 AM
Heavens to Betsy ....Melody! I know I haven't been gone that long!!! {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}
Darlin, when it rains it pours but hang tough. It takes time but I promise it gets better.
Tell Hubby not to take anything for granted at the factory. Make sure you all have a really good lawyer that will WORK for you. The company Doctors are there for the company only! Believe me I know.Take nothing at face value not even a smiling face. I learned that the hard way. I am so sorry that Autumn was so hurt by a dumb woman. Sometimes our own mortality is more than a person can cope with. Insensitive people do abound but most people are not so stupid and unfeeling. I am sure your Sister will be fine and as lovely as ever but keep her spirits up as much as possible. Attitude during such "challenges" as these are important for her. My e has a gas can blow up in his face and he was swollen and skin peeling, well just awful. Durn if when he healed he didn't look younger and better than he ever did. He had a face peel!!!! No plastic surgeon either!
Mind you a chance at a plastic surgeon to improve those little trouble spots I wouldn't sneeze at. At my age I have a few areas I would love to have an excuse to improve.
I am not making light of the situtation but everything offers and oppretunity( can't spell tonight ) for the good. Even the worst life can toss at you can bring the good if you look for it. So hang in there my prayers are with you and your family. God Bless.
Pam

lodyangel
05-20-2002, 08:39 AM
Thanks Pam and Sue for your encouragement and prayers...

Josh is doing okay. His hand is still bothering him, but the pain killers seem to help some. He goes back to work tomorrow. I don't know what he can do, he only has one hand, but his boss said they would find him something to do so he wouldn't have to go on short term disability...I just hope this works out. We found out the cop who broke his hand was sent to CA for a month...we are wondering what is going on....

Autumn is doing better...she looks almost normal. I think her scarring is going to be at a minimum, she still has some of the rash , and I can't wait til it is gone. She got to put on her eye make up the other day and it made her feel more like her. She borrowed my car yesterday and drove for the first time since the wreck. She is returning to "herself". I am happy to see it. Her top lip is still a little swollen, but it is almost normal as well. She goes back to the doctor today for a check up.

Well, my life is still in upheaval, but slowly returning to normal....whatever that is. We only have 7 more days of school left, and I can not wait. It is going to be beautiful....2 months off! I am hoping to use all that extra time to get into an exercise routine, and drop some pounds. I'm not quite mentally ready to get back on the wagon yet though...

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone has a grand day!