Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default Haven't been counting cals or losing weight so I counted...2000+!! In one day!

Wow! I really haven't been counting and was very shocked that I had eaten that much! OMG, no wonder I have been stalled on the scale! And to tell the truth, yesterday wasn't one of my worst days when it comes to calories...it was a milder day!

SO!! Today, I went to the store and bought enough groceries to make some freezable entrees and doable side dishes, cooked for 3 hours and made enough to last me about a week...better on the protein, less carbs and less fat then the frozen meals I was eating and tastier by the way...I am full and satisfied with half the crap and twice the protein!

Now, I have also not been exercising as I once did, so I promise to you all that when I'm done typing this, I am going for a brisck walk! See good thing I have this site, I need a little accountability!

Now, it's off for that walk and start back down the scale!!

Thanks for listening,

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 12-02-2008 at 10:59 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

great idea to make your own---better for you and more cost concious too...way to track calories!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

oh angela. these kicks in the butt are SOOOO important, and LOOK AT YOU!!! i'll bet that, before your surgery, you wouldn't have taken such fast, helpful action to fix this situation.

and it's so true about feeling fuller and having more energy on fewer calories - as long as they're the RIGHT ONES for you!!!!

you go!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Angela!!! You rock! great pic btw
I was stalled too. . .I have to hit the grocery but the one thing thats really helped is Not drinking my calories (unless it's a protein shake) and setting a cutoff time for eating. I've still had some limited grazing. but I actually stop and think before it goes in my mouth!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6.5

This just happened to me yesterday. I finally got on fitday.com and couldn't believe how many calories I've actually been eating. No wonder even with all my running that the scale isn't going anywhere!!!
JamieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

at least you caught the mistake! Sounds like you're on a good path, good luck!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/245/217

Height: 5'1"

Best of luck to you!! Can I ask- what food did you prepare? I know it will be a while until I get to eat actual food, but for future reference......

PS- Great Pic!!
chunky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Oh Ange, I'm so with you. I'm maintaining around 159 to 162, but like yesterday I'll bet if I could have counted the calories they would have been astronomical.
I think the scales is your enemy when you are trying to reach goal, but when you are trying to maintain then it is time weight more often. IMOP! It is really hard for me to try and count calories because I make so much of our food and alter the original recipes with splendas, applesauce, baby food, and swap out the fats. If I go just a piece of broiled, poached, or baked meat with a healthy vegetable than I can do it. But, I get so bored. I did eat a square of 70% cocoa bittersweet chocolate bar today and it didn't kill me and figure it was about 2 gms of sugar. I'm like Kiers, I drink hot chocolate in the morning with a scoop of protein mix and that mix is homemade and figure that with the protein powder is about 200 cals. Now that is a lot because it isn't even my meal. Same with hot chai tea. Everyday I say I'm going back to weighing my food and I don't; I really eyeball it and I know what a problem that was for me in the past. The last couple of weeks I've been so hungry, all I can think about is food. I'm hoping it isn't some vit or mineral missing in my diet. I'm not kidding, I've been a head case about being hungry. And I'm still eating too fast and therefore I think I eat too much. I don't savor my food and really enjoy what I"m eating. I almost started blubbering in Walmart the other day and told my DH "Why can't I just pick up something here and just eat it like a normal person. Exercise has been a joke because I've been so beat up with the cold weather and can't take little GD out for walks! For me this has been harder than actually losing the weight and then I worry about how long I will keep it off. I wish I didn't love food. I have so much guilt when I eat anything because it might be too much, not the right things; should that really be a part of my eating plan, etc. If I went with my gut reaction to food, I wouldn't be able to eat anything at all and when I do then I feel guilty. Even when I know the food is all right. Now that is CRAP and I know it. I have the most unhealthy relationship with food. I feel I shouldn't be eating any carbs, but I know I need too.......boy would a psychiatrist have a field day with this post. Now what to do about all of this.........go back to the beginning. Start logging all of my food down again, try to slow down my eating, staying within the 1/2 to 3/4 c. range, and drink my dang water. Half the time I think I'm hungry and I'm probably water deficient. I know this post isn't about me, but seems like I'm breathing right down you neck!

P.S. When I saw you type brisck walk........All I could think about is those guys doing silly walks on Monty Python with those white hankies on their heads. When you get back from your walk; give me a mental kick in the butt. I'm afraid I need one also.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #9  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

LOLOL You're funny Nancy! Ministry of Silly Walks!!! I will have to do THAT while walking the streets of my neighborhood...spread the cheer! LOL

Now, Nancy...the rest, the negatives we both are facing...about food, about guilt and all that? I'm with ya, honey...neither of us are not alone in this. Remember what I wrote in your other thread about being an addict, "This too shall pass!" The feelings, the worry, the guilt...all part and parcel of the human experience. We adjust, we forgive, we keep going or we give up and die. Let yourself forgive and let yourself accept that you are a human that makes mistakes...but remember, everyone here on this site, in OA, in the country...ok, in the world...has issues, it's how we choose to deal with them that sets us apart, that defines who we are, not the mistakes or issues themselves.

Hugs for you!

Last edited by missangelaks; 12-03-2008 at 11:18 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote