Weight Loss Support - Tips to Curb Your Hunger
12-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Lets share our tips & tricks to curb the hunger, everybody is unique but our tricks can be very helpful to overcome the sudden spikes of binge & hunger that comes during the dieting process. I'll start with mine :
1) I mix my ON's WHEY Protein with Soy Milk and drink it, it gives me a feel of fullness atleast for an hour.
2) I drink a hot cup of Chai Latte with Splenda, or a cup of black coffee & I get over the desire to munch something.
3) It may be unique to me but it always works, if I'm feeling to binge on something I eat a couple of ripe tomatoes and drink 2 cups of water over it...and in next few minutes I feel full :D
4) Its suggested by lots of people already, I try drinking few cups of water to see if thats what my body needed.
5) I start deep breathing, sit in meditation for 10 minutes and I'm can have better control over my emotional eating behavior .
Lets see what you all do to curb yours :)
12-02-2008, 04:53 PM
1. Prevention - eat often, eat high fiber and high protein, and avoid sugar so blood sugar doesn't crash.
2. Hot tea. Works even better for me than water, since it has some flavor to it and the warmth is really satisfying.
3. Gum. Some people say this doesn't work, but it does for me.
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
1. I totally agree with the gum.
2. Focus on doing something else. If I'm just watching TV all I can think about is going to get something to eat. But if I'm sewing or doing crossword puzzles while watching TV, then I'm fine.
3. Make a plan and stick to it. It I know what I will eat and at what time I will eat it, then it's easier to do what's right.
12-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I second the gum! Thank god for peppermint Extra.
12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
What helps me out the most is tea.. Water also but tea the most.
I agree with the breathing, I do Chi Gong breathing exercises throughout the day and it helps..
12-02-2008, 06:17 PM
I agree with the gum too!
I also have a book or magazine around when I am watching TV so that I can focus on something else when all of the food commercials come on. Or I TIVO it so that I can fast forward through the commercials!
12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
GUM GUM GUM
Coffee and Oatmeal in the morning
12-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Pickels (yea yea, I know, sodium)
Taking a walk
I used to chew ice chips, but later found out that is really bad for your teeth o.0 oops
12-02-2008, 09:10 PM
I haven't found my secrete yet. I am trying to snack more since dinner is my binge time. Didn't really help with dinner tonight but I also thought about food all day trying not to think about food so I will keep trying till the mental side and the physical side catch up with each other. Oh and by snack i mean fruit ect. Today I had a cup of peaches before lunch and apple with Smart Balance peanut butter. For breakfast was a whole grain bagel, for lunch a lean cuisine panni and dinner was homemade chicken fingers(with whole wheat flour) mashed potatoes and broiled veggies(cauliflower, zucchini, carrots, squash and broccoli) I think i went to heavy on the mashed potatoes.
Thighs Be Gone
12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I find so much depends on what I eat in the morning. I either eat Fiber 1 w/blueberries or 1/2 cup of oatmeal w/a banana. I drink a coffee with skim milk too. Either of these combos satisfy me for several hours. On the weekend (or for a treat during the week) I will eat egg whites with Laughing Cow light cheese and a tomato--maybe a small scrap of ham on the side. I always read how important breakfast was but I found it absolutely paramount in my weight loss efforts.
Other times I just drink hot coffee w/Starbucks sugar-free syrup and skim milk to curb hunger. An apple goes a long way for me too.