Old 12-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Looking for a Diet and Exercise Assistant I can download to my phone.

I have done a bit of searching, and there seems to be quite a bit out there. But I want to know what some of you might be using, and how youy like it.

Which ones to stay away from, and costs from free to $$. I really wish fitday had an app for my blackberry that would be so cool!!

So.....what's out there, and which do you like and which do you wish they would just delete?
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 06:27 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.9/160/130

Height: 5'4"

I have a iphone and just picked up Livestrong.com for free. Really like it so far especially since there is a website to go to too...
ThinMeLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 245 / 185 / 130

Height: 5' 6"

I have a blackberry, too! I just set up a calendar using Google Calendar for my workouts (as "appointments) and my meals, and then used the "google sync" application to sync the calendar to my blackberry. I love it because it's free, it's totally personalized to what I plan to do, requires minimal work and I get reminders on my phone AND in my gmail. However, it requires work. It isn't automatic, you do still have to set up all your appointments or recurring appointments. You could try taking whatever existing program you're doing (WW, or whatever) and inserting links to websites to keep you on plan.

try going to google.com/mobile/blackberry/ for blackberry downloads.
losingitandlosingitwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:10 AM   #4  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I have "Lose It!" for my iPhone. It's free and works really well. You can log workouts and meals, add your own food, add recipes and then it tells you how much is in a serving. I don't know if it's available for BBs though.
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:24 AM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

thanks everyone. I downloaded one for the blackberry, but I didnt get a chance to try it out before the trial expired.

I use the google calendar, but I have it public with a few people, so Id rather not use it for dieting. Great idea tho.

I'll check out livingstrong.com and loseit! Thanks muchly!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #6  
Math Tutor Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 330/309/150

Height: 5'9"

I use Diet Organier. It's not free but it is pretty good.
BelovedImzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:58 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 245 / 185 / 130

Height: 5' 6"

Lightbulb

"I use the google calendar, but I have it public with a few people, so Id rather not use it for dieting. Great idea tho."

Have you considered making one or more separate, private calendars? I have several calendars on my list, only one of which is shared. if a calendar in the left hand nav is highlighted, the calendar entries all appear (color-coded by calendar) in the main window.

my exercise calendar just contains my planned workouts, and my "personal" calendar has entries to track my diet, health related stuff (when i get sick, when my cycle is, etc.). When you sync with your blackberry, you can choose any or all of your calendars.

just continuing in the "it's free!" line of thinking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg google calendar.jpg (39.5 KB, 7 views)
losingitandlosingitwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 02:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/237/185

Height: 5' 10"

I use Edibles for my IPhone. I think it costs $6. I went with it over the free ones b/c it remembers the foods you type in so that you don't have to keep typing everytime you log a repeat food. This makes calorie counting for me very fast and simple.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #9  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm trying Edibles. so far I like it, but I really think I need to spend some time putting in my fav foods so I dont have to keep looking it up. Once I've got my list the way I like it I think it'll be great.

(still love WWCalc for the PDA better, but.... once I had my iPhone the PDA just seemed so...technologically inferior, so bye bye Clie)
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote