Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-02-2008, 01:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Default Fell off the exercise wagon.

I haven't exercised since early September. I started up again last week. Since I've gone back to university to finish my degree I found that I wasn't putting my body ahead as a priority. Then it hit me: I was neglecting exercise to study more so that I would have an A- average instead of a B+. But my body was changing. I was the exact same weight but lost a lot of definition (I assume it was from more bodyfat and less muscle). I worked SO HARD for that definition.

I'm thinking about marriage + babies within the next few years. I don't want to lose myself after that. It's very common for women, after all, why worry about your body when you've got a baby to worry about??? Isn't that selfish?? Of course not. But part of me still thinks that even though it's wrong.

Ughhh.... I have no excuse. Back to it. Funny, I just read the thread in the general discussion about the easy things that slender/healthy people don't understand.

But it doesn't get easy after you lose the weight!!! It's a different kind of difficulty!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:24 PM   #2  
No description available.

Hi Sacha,

You KNOW what to do about the exercise, so do it!!

But I wanted to address the point about babies. The MOST important thing any mother can do for her child is to be healthy and well-balanced. There is nothing more important. A child should not be the cause of her mother's martyrdom. All that does is skew the child's worldview about selfworth and love. Healthy mamas make healthy kiddos. So when you are a mother, continue to see your physical and mental health as important. They are so very very important. Your kid will see you as healthy and well rounded and realize that he or she is part of your life, but not the center of the entire universe. Of course we would all die for our kids, but that doesn't mean we should slowly kill ourselves out of a misplaced sense of martyrdom.

Be healthy, mamas!!!!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

You are so right One of my closest girlfriends' son is 10 months but she has a jogging stroller and I always see her running around the block, plus she is in a mommy walking/jogging group When I go hiking, I see the husbands with those baby backback harnesses! I think it's awesome.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:42 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
But it doesn't get easy after you lose the weight!!! It's a different kind of difficulty!
I so agree. It doesn't get easier and sometimes it is hard to wrap my head around the idea that this is FOREVER!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote