General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Anti-social

Ok
I hit the plateau, but I am doing good with my diet as long as I don’t see any other tempting food.
The thing is that keep myself from “food situation” is making me anti-social, since I turn down any invitation that has something to do with food or drinks. A friend of mine was complaining about it since I didn’t want to go out with her because we would be drinking. She said it is hard to make plans with me because I became anti-social.
The truth is that I have no control of myself around food, and attending to any event that has it is a ticket to the failure.
So I wonder if someone here has a tip, advice on this. Am the only one who became anti-social?
Does anyone know any medication or any trick for when going to a “food event” that would prevent me from binging? Maybe that “Hoodia” would help to make me feel full??? Anything??? I would do anything. I do good on my daily routine I just need help with events.
HELP!!!
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I usually have a little something but very much in moderation--but of course I weigh more than you too! On another site I blog on a poster mentioned drinking Metamucil before things like this.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-02-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

how about before you go out...eat a good snack of filling things such as carrots or celery. That way when you get to the resturant..you are already full. Its hard for me too...but it does help. Then just get a salad or something. Also, you can plan for it. Eat very low calorie food thr the day and then it will alot yourself extra for dinner. But still try to do the best you can when ordering. Get the baked chicken or fish. You have to live a life too...but you have to learn how to adjust and eating out now requires planning and skills...but you can do it!
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:02 AM   #4  
I'm a Loser ;)

S/C/G: SCG: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I agree with gatorgal... fillup on healthy snacks or even a healthy meal before you go out.

If you must drink, have water in between your drinks. You won't drink as much alcohol... AND it'll help from any negative side effects the next morning.
tamaralynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:41 AM   #5  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

What others said - make sure you eat before hand. There is no need to become a hermit although I do understand that you say you don't have much self-control around food - you can always find something that is, if not a "healthy" choice, then at least a "less bad" choice - I really don't think we need to be perfect 100% of time. Drinking - can you stick to spritzers?
Don't turn invitations to go out down - you need to have some fun in life, too.
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:29 PM   #6  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

For me, food and drink have been a way to help me feel not so nervous in social situations. They give me something to do with my hands and mouth when I'm not sure what to do. They also help me to feel like I'm fitting in. I find that having a glass of water or seltzer water with lemon or iced tea and a straw helps because it gives me something to hold and feel like I'm a part of the group of people holding and consuming things. I also concentrate really hard on what people are saying.

There's an anxiety trick that's helpful sometimes. If you feel like you're tempted, distract yourself with a certain number of concrete things aside from your feelings. Say, 10. More if you need it. This person is wearing blue earrings that sparkle. That person smells like autumn. This chair feels a bit too hard. I can hear the sound of a siren in the distance. That sort of thing. Something other than food.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote