Weight Loss Support - 101 things to do besides EAT...
12-01-2008, 08:47 PM
How about coming up with 101 things to do instead of EATING? Is part of weight gain, especially in the winter when days are short because of boredom?
I'll start with 1 then as you post put 2, 3, 4, etc until 101?
1 - Learn to play the guitar I just bought instead of EATING!
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
2 - Keep your hands busy with arts and crafts.
12-01-2008, 08:55 PM
post on 3fc (:
12-01-2008, 08:56 PM
4~~Hoop with large circus hoops :)
12-01-2008, 08:56 PM
5 - Read a fitness magazine
12-01-2008, 08:57 PM
6 - Look at all of your unflattering pictures. works for me. lol
12-01-2008, 08:58 PM
7 - and do what I did today, go shopping with one of those 3-4 way mirrors, ugh, THAT is motivating
12-01-2008, 09:02 PM
8 - work a puzzle
12-01-2008, 09:20 PM
9 - clean out a closet or a drawer
10- do the laundry
11- call a friend you haven't spoken to in a while
12- knit, crochet, needlepoint or sew
13 - dust and polish the furniture. May as well vacum while you're at it.
14 - jog in place for 13 minutes and burn 100 calories
15 - give yourself a manicure and pedicure
16- cyber surf for great new low calorie/healthy recipes
17 - balance your checkbook
18- write in your journal, if you don't have one - start one
19- write out holiday greetings cards
12-01-2008, 09:26 PM
20: Exercise! :woops::lifter::swim::ebike::belly:
This is a great one because you can't really eat a big meal and then immediately hop on the treadmill. Nope, you have to stop eating 30 min to an hour before you exercise, then you don't eat the entire time you are exercising, then there's stretching afterwards, and if the gym has a sauna, well, you gotta sit in the sauna for a little while... If I really stretch it, exercising can account for a full three or four hours in which I am not eating!
And, as a bonus, I'm burning off the calories I consumed when I wasn't exercising! :broc:
12-01-2008, 09:28 PM
~put on your fav. tunes and shake your groove thing
~talk/hang out with a friend
12-01-2008, 09:29 PM
23: Run errands
24: Pay bills
25: Do all those things you never have time to do: clean out your closet, organize your spice drawer, catch up on email...
26: Plan out your menu for the week.
12-01-2008, 09:36 PM
27: Do that school work you've been putting off all week
28: Satisfy the oral fixation with gum!
12-01-2008, 09:55 PM
30 - call dear mom
12-02-2008, 02:13 AM
31. Walk the dog
12-02-2008, 03:24 AM
35. Stare at the most beautiful part of your body in a mirror.
12-02-2008, 05:18 AM
36. Make a list of reasons why you want to lose weight
37. Make a list of reasons why you gained weight (and tear it into little pieces)
38. Make a list of reasons why you're totally worth all the energy it takes to look good, feel good and be healthy and fit (and put it on the fridge door)
12-02-2008, 07:56 AM
40. ride my horse
41. call some friends
42. clean out the fridge (it probably needs to be done LOL)
12-02-2008, 02:54 PM
43. Play with little boy - bonus counts as burning calories to keep up with him
44. Clean house, obsess about new flylady system
45. Clean the garage
46. Clean anything, it counts as exercise
47. Chew gum
48. And if I have to eat, celery
12-02-2008, 04:36 PM
39 -- (missed) Call your sister or brother, just to keep in touch!
49 -- sort out your bedroom dressers.
50 -- clean out your shed or porch.
51 -- go ski-walking in wintertime (walking with ski poles; burns xtra C's becuz you can go faster).
52 -- cut your lawn and rake the leaves.
53 -- clean and scrub your oven.
54 -- dust mop your floors and then scrub them and polish them.
55 -- wash your rugs.
56 -- call your Grandparents, or an Aunt or Uncle to show you care, esp at Christmas.
57 -- go for a brisk walk (speed-walking with music) or a light jog.
59 -- clean out and sort your kitchen cupboards and drawers.
60 -- go mall-walking; window shop and get some exercise at the same time.
61 -- shovel some snow for yourself or someone else.
12-02-2008, 04:42 PM
62. Have sex?
Thighs Be Gone
12-02-2008, 04:46 PM
63. Put up the tree.
12-02-2008, 07:34 PM
64. Smile, laugh
65. Research stocks to trade
66. Trade stocks
67. Rearrange furniture
68. Read another self help book
69. Take another bath
70. Buy another fitness dvd and use it
71. Research top selling fitness dvds at amazon
72. Call best friend
73. Look up old college friend and call for Holidays
74. Do a binder of pictures
75. Enlarge and frame travel pictures from when skinny
76. Create a board with happy pictures, when I was thinnest and happiest
77. Create a board with latest fashions from magazines to wear when get skinnier
12-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Great thread idea!
78. Go old school - Write someone a letter!
79. start to learn another language
80. take a bubble bath!
12-02-2008, 08:44 PM
81. Play outside with your kids or pets or significant other, or alone :)
82. Write a poem
83. Browse health blogs
84. Clean your toilets
85. Go on a walk and take pictures of the scenery
86. Look at Christmas lights and decorations
12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
81. Go to the library.
82. Do your nails.
83. Pick oranges and grapefruit in the backyard.
85. Sweep out the garage.
86. Wash the car.
87. Try on clothes from your "too small" stash.
12-02-2008, 09:30 PM
88. Take down the hideous wallpaper...pain in the butt..but keeps you busy for a while...although personally i think #62 is the best one so far (:
12-03-2008, 01:45 AM
89. Come up with creative gift ideas for the holidays,
90. look up healthy recipes, for when you do eat
91. Start a new hobby, photography, scrapbooking, etc.
92. Go bowling
93. Go for a walk in a new area
94. Drink water
12-03-2008, 02:11 AM
95. Read those books you've been putting off reading. Try to read every book you own! (I know I buy books, and either forget to read them or procrastinate on it.)
96. Learn how to knit, and then make scarves for Christmas presents.
12-08-2008, 11:29 AM
97. brush your teeth! (well, do you fancy food when you have that minty clean taste in your mouth?!)
98. Look out all the clothes in your wardrobe that are now too big for you and take them to a charity shop
99. List all the reasons why YOU are amazing NOW regardless of the number on the scales
100. Go and buy some flowers to brighten up your day
101. Put on your favourite outfit, glam yourself up and twirl in the mirror - remind yourself how gorgeous you truly are!
12-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I gotta say--this list is AWESOME!!
12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
We made it to 100 actually 101!