WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for December

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for December

Tina
12-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Hello all,
Please join us for plenty of talk, advice, help and just plain fun!
We follow WW plans and also have a weigh-in results thread and photo thread.

Tina
:flow1:

Tina
12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Request for Photos

I want to make a new Thursday Photo Thread. We have so many old, old, old photos. So many are of people who do not post here now.
Have you looked at how many times people look at this thread? Right now, it's 10,853 views!
I'd like to freshen it up.
So, Please give me a photo of yourself. If you don't have my e-mail address, just PM me.
I might not get it up until around Christmas but am working on it.
Thanks!

jar1965
12-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Hi everyone! Happy December!!!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
12-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Does someone want to start our Thursday Weigh-In Results thread for this month???

Tammy
12-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Lazy, lazy day! I've done nothing but eat and sleep. I sound like a dog! Going to the funeral home later, my friend's husband passed away. Then after that I have a Christmas dinner to go to for the Emmaus Board members. I am the new secretary after the first of the year. Why did I do that?????

Tina, I'll start the weigh in thread!!

I don't like cold and snow. I think that's why Bob and I were planning to go south for 3 months.

Ladybug2680
12-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Hello ladies.

Tammy - I'm right there with you I don't like the cold. I have bus duty this week and I thought I was going to turn into a popsicle this morning and afternoon. Whoa man!

Last night I had the Great Awakening. After the school Christmas party, I came home to realize that I didn't have any pants I could fit. Yikers. I prayed and told God that I know I have allowed food to be a comfort to me and that I was ready to stop. It stinks being an emotional eater. So afterwards I went to WalMart and got very dismayed because they didn't have any pants in my size. So I settled for two pair of pants (one pair of capris and another that will need to be hemmed), and a girdle to to keep all my fat in so I could attempt to fit into some.

I really haven't done that bad today.

Breakfast - Oatmeal
Lunch - 4 oz Soup, Piece of Cornbread and a Tangerine
Snack - 94% FF Popcorn, Small package of Cheez Its and a Fruit Roll Up (no I didn't eat them all at one time)

The only thing I had that I shouldn't have was about a third of an orange soda and two bite size Famous Amos cookies. I have to say I'm really ready this time. Enough is enough.

Tina
12-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi,
A lazy day sounds good! ;)
Dori, you can do this!!!

All, I need your prayers. My mother is in the hospital with fluid around/in her lungs. It's caused by an irregular heartbeat. For those who don't know---she's 92 and a stroke victim. She lives in a nursing home.
They gave her a diuretic that helped and made her more alert. They'll keep her at least two days. When I saw her this morning, she looked like she was going to die.
I'll keep y'all informed.

maureen kempster
12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Tina, I'll be saying a prayer or two up here

maureen

Ladybug2680
12-03-2008, 06:23 AM
Good morning ladies.

Tina - Sorry to hear that your mother is in the hospital. I will be praying for her.

Well it's another cold morning here in Southeast Georgia (34). However, I bet some of you are wishing you could be in the 30's. I'm sure I will survive bus duty again today, but not before it feels as though I have no nose toes or other extremities. Hehe. I suppose I should run for now. I have to start getting ready.

Bottoms up to the water and have a great day. :)

Tammy
12-03-2008, 11:57 PM
Tina, thanks for letting us know. Please keep us posted, and know you are in our prayers!!!!

Dori, make sure it is warmer in Georgia when Tim, Maurice, and I arrive on Dec. 23. That's an order!!!! Oh, also make it stay warmer the whole time we are there. We leave Jan. 2.

Ladybug2680
12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Tammy - I will put in an order and see what happens. We will be heading up to Ohio for Christmas. We leave on the 19th and will be back the 26th. I would love to meet up with you if you want.

Yesterday I did okay. Not as good as I wanted, but then again not as bad as I could have done. Today is a new day and I'm determined to do good. Hope you all have a great day as well.

Tammy
12-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Dori, I would love to meet up while we are in Georgia! Where are you going in Ohio? Maybe you could wave to my house while I'm gone! lol

Tina
12-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Afternoon,
Great news here---my mother is back in the nursing home!!!
They used medication to get rid of all the fluid built up around her lungs. They changed her heart medicine, too.
She was so glad to get "home."
Now, I can get some rest and start decorating, and mailing out Christmas cards!!! Oh yes, and buying presents. :lol:

Ladybug2680
12-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Tammy - We're going to Canton. I'm hoping to see snow. I really enjoy the snow. Is this will be the first time Teresa has been able to play in the snow.

Tina - Glad to hear your mom is back at home. I will continue to pray for her. Best of luck getting your Christmas done and sent off. Have fun decorating.

Not much scheduled for the weekend besides homework and lesson planning. It should be a great weekend. Hope you all have a great one. Stay warm and toasty.

jar1965
12-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi Ladies!

Tina - Big hugs! I'm sorry your mom was not feeling well, but am relieved she is better and "home"! You get some rest girl!

Tammy - Hi! Bring back some GA sunshine!

Dori - Hi! Glad to see you back at it! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Canton? Thats about 2 hours from me! Enjoy your trip here! My brother lives in Ravenna and we will be there for Christmas Eve.

Well, as far as OP - Count me out!!!!!:( I have been terrible. Grouchy, moody and tired! TOM is only a day away and the week before I always have a terrible time. I walked tons last week with Jessica and then got on the scale to see a one pound gain. Urgh!
I did get the house decorated inside and outside. I am done shopping and I wrapped it all last night! Yay!
Well have a great weekend girls.

jeanne

Tina
12-06-2008, 12:39 PM
:D Good Morning,

Jeanne, can I adopt you!!!!! :hug: You are one smart cookie. Wow, I wish I had all my shopping done and wrapped.
Today we get our tree and decorate it tonight when David comes over.
TOM---not a pleasant visitor. However, think on the bright side----you won't be bothered by it on Christmas.

Tammy, have a safe trip down to GA. What will you do for Christmas dinner? (See, I'm thinking food! :) )

Susan, we miss you.

Maureen, it won't be long before your move. How far is it? Can you keep in touch? I hope so. Oh, if you have a recent photo, please let me put it online.

Dori, stay calm, cool, and collected. :p Silly me! You can do this!!!

Jen, we haven't heard from you in some time.

I guess I'm off to buy a tree now. it's usually raining or windy. Today, it's just plain cold.
Today I'm going to drink all my water.

:tree:

maureen kempster
12-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Hello all-I didn't do too well OP the last few days but I've decided to stop beating myself up and just get back on. 12 more days and I'll be in ottawa-it's about 2500 miles east-as soon as I get to my sister's I'll be able to get back on line-I am sending my computer by fedex or purolator-it'll be cheaper than buying a new one. I'm looking forward to the move but I'm also a bit sad-I have spent half my life here and I know a lot of people-but that's okay-I'll try and find a pic to send you Tina

take care

maureen

Tina
12-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Good day all,
It's a beautiful and cool day here. It's not windy so that makes it okay.
Last night, we got the tree all decorated. It's beautiful. However, this morning, the top set up lights wouldn't come on. It is the oldest set we have. We're going over to Walgreen's to see if any lights are left. :lol: I hate taking the old ones off because I'll bother the ornaments.
If my digital camera was working, I'd send a photo.

We had lunch at Olive Garden. I love their salad. I ate too many breadsticks. I'm sure I used most of my flex points today. That's what they're for, right!

Maureen, Ottawa is a long way from you. You will be fine!!!

Everyone have a good day.

Ladybug2680
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM
It's a chilly day here in Southeast GA (55 to be exact). We didn't make it to church this morning and to be honest having been going on a regular basis. I told Justin we need to get back to church. Spiritual wise I feel better when I go to church.

This weekend I planned on getting homework done, but once again I procrastinated and didn't get anything done. *sigh* I plan on getting some done when I get back home from play practice and church tonight. We'll see what happens.

I'm back OP as of today and I'm doing quite well for my first day. I will keep you all updated. Hope you all have a great evening and I'll pop back in tomorrow.

Maureen - Have a safe trip and I'm sure you'll be just fine when you get there.

auntie
12-07-2008, 09:06 PM
Hey Ya'll remember me???? :) Life has been so crazy around here!!!!! I can't believe all that has been going on. Pat's car is still in the shop (not sure if or when we will get it back.... we will get it back but not sure when) so we are still carpooling. I leave early and then drop him off and I go to work, then after school I leave immediately and go pick him up. By the time we get home, feed the dogs, exercise and eat dinner, it is 8:00 before I sit down. I am going several days before I am checking my email. Luckily I can do it on my cell phone. I'm so tired!!!!!

As for Christmas shopping.... I hate to shop but love to buy for others. Pat is NOT easy to buy for, I like anything so I'm easy. He has pretty much picked out all of his presents.

Oh got to tell ya'll this....... since Pat's last hospital stay back in August, he has decided to start walking. He walks like he is a crazy man. Now he isn't that big anyways but was wearing a 34 pants, then we ended up having to buy 32 about 2 weeks ago. He says to me the other day "I think I need a smaller size pants, they keep falling" I wanted to KICK him!!!!! So today, we went out and got him size 30! Now isn't that insane. I told him that he needs to not lose anymore weight!

Glad everyone is doing well. I've missed ya'll. If I don't post every few days someone email me and tell me to do it. I promise I'll start again.

Our tree is up and the kitty is enjoying it. He climbs it almost everynight. Hopefully he'll stop doing that soon!!!
:wreath:

jar1965
12-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Good Monday Morning! I'm on a mission to drink all my water today!

Susan - So nice to see you! Kudo's to Pat for that walking!:carrot: And....losing a pants size! Could you send me some good karma?!!!!:D

Dori - Hi! I'll take that 55 degree weather!!!! Pleasssssssse! It is 13 here this morning!

Tina - I love Olive Garden too! And funny you should mention the breadsticks.......I EAT TOO MANY of those too! I know you don't follow football all that much.......but may I......hahahahahahahahah.......them cowboys froze here last night! Of course Pittsburgh won!;)

Maureen - you will be in my prayers as you jot across 2500 miles! Stay safe!

Tammy - good morning!

Well ladies...........I gotta get moving! We had a water leak under the bathtub upstairs (unknown to us) and Saturday morning.......our ceiling in our beautiful dining room started to fall in! Urgh! Merry Christmas, hunh?!?!? Well, gotta get the plumber on the phone and hope he will come today. Hopefully we can get this taken care of and the ceiling fixed before Christmas Day........this year!

And.............I have to go to work! Geeez!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
12-08-2008, 12:13 PM
Morning,
Jeanne, Oh My!!!!! You poor thing. What a horrible surprise for you. Yes, get the plumber out there as soon as possible. One positive thing----it didn't fall during Christmas dinner. :o

I need to drink all my water today but don't know. :)

jar1965
12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi! He can't come out until 8:15 tomorrow morning! Urgh!!!!!:(

Tina
12-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Morning,
I hope everyone will have a great OP day. :D

Jeanne, you are probably watching the plumber about now. I hope it all gets fixed soon. BTW, are you on vacation this week?

Susan, it's a pain having Pat's car still in the shop. And, it's a pain seeing men lose so fast. We sweat and toil and nothing comes off. :lol:

Maureen, is everything packed? I'm sure it is. Do your sons know you are moving this time? You will be fine!!!!! If we were closer, we'd come help you unpack.

Dori, remember that You Can Do This. Don't get frustrated. Have some fun.

Jen, where are you?

I weighed this morning to find I'd lost 1 whole pound. (I posted it on the weigh-in thread.) I'm really psyched about going to a meeting tomorrow. I want to find out about this new program addition. It's supposed to help you stay full while using the same number of points.

maureen kempster
12-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Good afternoon
I have 9 days left-my sons know this time I'm really going-I've hardly anything left in my apartment and what I do have left will be gone on the 16th-I fly out on the 18th at 5:45AM-my boxes arrived at my brother's place on saturday-and I lied!! it's not 2500 miles away it's 2221 approximately!!! I've sent my oldest son and his wife a gift certificate for Christmas and I'll be taking James and Ian out for lunch on sunday-it's Ian's 30th birthday on the 16th-I'll give Geoff(my not ex yet) their gifts to give to them on Christmas day. So everything seems to be going as planned except I've been off program for almost a week now. I think when I get to Ottawa my sister is going to try and convert me to veganism!! I'm not sure if I can go that far-I am a vegetarian.
Any way I just wanted to check in and say hello-it's really quiet at work(both my full time and my part time job)-my last day with the part time job is 15th and the 17th with my full time job.

Take care
maureen

Tina
12-11-2008, 10:02 AM
:snowball: Snow, Snow, Snow :snowfight

Yes, down here in south Texas we had snow last night. It began about 5:00 and lasted until almost 10:00. However, the ground was too warm for it to stick. That's okay. We stood outside in it. The flakes were enormous.
Okay, okay, some of you are probably laughing. :)

Maureen, it sounds like you have everything under control. Good for you!

Tammy, have a great trip to GA.
Dori, how is your weather? Maybe you'll get some of this snow. But, you're going to be gone, aren't you.
Jeanne, my Texans beat GB last Sunday!!!!!
Susan, you stay warm. When are you going to see your folks?

Momentum -- I went to a WW meeting yesterday. The leader was pretty "general" about the new program. However, they want us to eat filling foods now. Instead of just having 4 pts. of toast for breakfast, we should have an omlete and bowl of fruit equaling 4 pts. There are some yummy recipes in the booklet. Last night we tried the Chinese Pineapple Chicken. If you want, I'll post it.

auntie
12-11-2008, 11:36 PM
Hi,
You are never to going to believe this... but I took a day off!!! So did Pat. We went to the Gaylord Texan Ice exhibit. It was 9 degrees and they give you a parka when you go in. Go to the website and check it out. It is incredible!!!! Both of the girls stayed home today from school so I didn't have to worry about them but they got me a sub for the other kids. They didn't know the girls were not coming.

Tina, I was excited for ya'll!!!! We just got a little sleet! Not sure when I'm going home, I need to look at the calendar and figure that out. Mom and Dad will be asking soon. Pat said I need to make sure I go.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Tina
12-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi,
I thought I'd just pop in for a moment. :D

Susan, I'd like to know more about that ice exhibit. Brrr.....

Maureen, it won't be long before you leave. I imagine you are excited and anxious at the same time. :hug:

Dori, how are you doing?

Jeanne, you haven't told us about the plumber and your ceiling. I want to know all. :lol:

I need to do some wrapping this afternoon. I think I'm catching Larry's yucky cold.
Is everyone baking cookies and fudge this year? If I can find my WW fudge recipe, I'll fix it. I really need to update my recipe files.

Ladybug2680
12-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Good morning ladies. All is well here. It's still cold for my part. However, I realize that my temperatures are a lot higher than yours. Justin says he doesn't know how I'm going to make it in Ohio. I don't either. Brrr, to say the least.

Not much happening. This is the last week of school and we will leave early Saturday morning headed to Ohio. I'm a little worried about the drive because I'm not use to driving in that type of weather, but I'm sure the Lord will make sure we arrive safely. Well I should head off for now. I have 3 kids plus myself to get ready for church. Talk at you all later. :)

jar1965
12-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Good Morning! I hope you all had a great weekend. I can't believe there is only 10 days till Christmas! Oh my......time flies! The plumber was here last week and did his repairs. We needed a few things. I guess it was a couple of little things that made the BIG problem. He said there was a crack behind the caulking in the front of the tub. He also said that there was a small, slow but steady drip from a pipe. My husband and brother-in-law ripped down the dining room ceiling and put up a new one. It is all drywall now instead of plaster and it needs one more coat of paint. Bob said he is going to try and finish it up tonight after the football game. Hopefully!
Work - Busy, but slower than that in the past years!:( I have personally experienced the "recession" now. Not only does it show in sales at work. But, I have had to cut my employees hour. A lot! And, one of my employees husband just found out that the company he works for is shutting down. He will be done by the end of 09'. They are just sick. Not too mention, I have had regular customers tell me that they haven't been in because their husbands have been laid off or lost their jobs. And......what I'm referring to personally is that my husbands company is laying off 250 people in January and another 100 by the end of 09'!!:(:(:( Maybe "someone" was watching over us and knew and that is why the "new house" deal fell through! Anyways.........he is very pre-occupied and worried! Other than the Navy, this is all Bob knows.

Dori - Hi. Have a safe trip to Ohio! The next several days are suppose to be in the 50's:carrot: here. Yay!

Tina - VACATION? I wish! Cookies - hmmmmmmm, I haven't even thought about it. hahah! So, I guess not. WW Fudge, mmmm, if you find the recipe, I'd love to have it. Pineapple Chicken sounds wonderful too! You keep them yucky flu germs in Texas!!!!:p Oh, I think everyone is beating Green Bay! haha! Just kidding!

Susan - That sounds like a really great day! I'm glad you enjoyed it. We are going to the Trans Siberian Orchestra on Weds. I'm looking forward to it.

Maureen - Sounds like things are falling into place. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Tammy - hello. I "believe" you are getting ready to head south? Right?

Well ladies. I better go. You have a great day.....................
hugs~
jeanne

Tina
12-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Happy Monday!!!
It was 70 degrees when I got up today. Now, it's down to 45! Brrr... I didn't know about this cold weather coming. It'll be in the 30's tonight. :o
I was wearing shorts and sandals yesterday.

Jeanne, my Texans beat the Titans yesterday. :carrot::carrot::carrot:
It was so sweet! Did your team play?

Maureen, not long now. I'm thinking about you. :hug:

Dori, do you ever have snow? Be careful driving to Ohio.

Susan, what's happening up there?

Tammy, It's not long until your trip. :hug:

Jen, you've been very quiet.

Fudge -- I'm going to try and find that WW recipe. I know it calls for low fat Eagle Brand condensed milk. Now to find out what else it takes. :D

Ladybug2680
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Well girls, I have a very busy day.

I don't know if I told you all, but last month Samuel (DS) started complaining one morning about his teeth hurting. I checked everything out and didn't see anything. Later in the evening I asked him and if was okay and he said no. I checked his mouth again and low and behold his gum right about the two front teeth on the right side was swollen. Off to the ER we went to have them tell us it was a hematoma and the swelling should go down. The swelling went down and things were fine. Until last night.

Sam started complaining again so I took a look and saw nothing. Well he wakes up this morning and his gum is swollen in the same stop. I try to find a sub and can't so I have mom come pick him up and go on to work. Thank heaven's for a great secretary because I told her what was going on and she offered to find me a sub. She found me one and my sub was at my school by 8:30. Sam goes to a pediatric dentist in Savannah which is an 1 1/2 drive away. We got him an appt at 2. Well to make a long story short, there was an abcess and he ended up having to have all four of his front teeth pulled. We finally got home at 6:30 and now I have to do some school work before going to by.

Tina
12-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Oh Dori, I'm so sorry about Samuel's problem!
What a horrible thing to happen. I'm glad you had such a good school secretary, though.
Take care of him!

jar1965
12-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh Dori! I'm sorry too! Poor Sam!:hug: Tooth problems are the worst!

Hugs~
jeane

auntie
12-16-2008, 08:12 PM
It's BRRRRRR COLD here!!!!!! It was no higher than 28 degrees today. I know for you that live in cold weather it's nothing, but us Texans, that is just too cold!!! We had ice.... all the surrounding districts were closed, not mine!!! But since our program serves the kids from the county, I only had 1 student. Not bad!!!!

Dori, Poor Samuel!!!!! That had to have hurt, and now I bet he feels better! How old is he?

Tammy, how are you?

Jeanne, I know about lay offs. Pat's company keeps laying people off.

Maureen, you will do great with the move. I know you have mixed emotions!!

3 more days until vacation (not that I'm counting!!!) :)

jar1965
12-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone! Just a quick fly-by to say hello and let you know I'm thinking of you!
Headed out to Pittsburgh to see The Trans Siberian Orchestra! And the Olive Garden for dinner. Just Bob and I...................I'm pretty excited!
Talk to you soon. Have a great day!

8 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!:hohoho:

hugs~
jeanne

Tina
12-17-2008, 04:36 PM
Jeanne, have a great time. I've always wanted to see that.
Oooh, and eat a breadstick for me. :)

Tina
12-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Maureen, I know you leave tomorrow. Have a good trip. Let us know how you are, as soon as you can.

Tammy, you and Tim have a safe trip.
Dori, have a safe trip!
Susan, when are you going home?
I'm staying put. :)
Jen, how are you doing?

auntie
12-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi,
Can you believe that Christmas is only 8 days away??? It's hard to believe.

Tina, I think I'll go home on the 26th and come back on New Year's Eve. Pat's band plays that night.

Maureen, Hugs are being sent your way!!!

Tammy, how are you doing?

Jeanne, have fun tonight and eat me some breadsticks and sald!!!

I go to the foot surgeon tomorrow. I'll let you know what he says.

2 more days of school...... not like I'm counting :)

Tina
12-18-2008, 12:05 AM
I can't believe Christmas is almost here!!! Every year I think I'll try my best to make this time last longer but Christmas gets here fast anyway.
My last present for David arrived this evening. (UPS was busy today.) When I get that wrapped, I'll be finished.

This afternoon, I baked cookies. Tomorrow is my sand tart day. I'm still looking for my WW fudge recipe. I've got to find that thing!

Oh, I weighed today. Please go over to the weigh-in thread to see my news. :):):)

Tammy
12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
I post, and I disappear, I post, and I disappear again. Hello to all of you!! I've skimmed through the posts, so I make a few comments to you all.

Dori, I'm on the other side of the state from Canton. If I drive 25 minutes west, I'm in Indiana. Any warmer down there in Georgia? Sure hope so! We'll be there on Tuesday. Poor Samuel and his teeth!!

Tina, Tim found out that there is a Golden Corral in Brunswick, GA, and they are open Christmas Day. That's what he would like to do for Christmas Dinner. I love Olive Garden salad and breadsticks too. I'd love to have the recipe for the Chinese Pineapple Chicken.

Maureen, today is the 18th, so you are on your way or are in Ottawa! I'm very proud of you for making that decision.

Susan, I laughed about the kitty climbing the tree! Good for Pat for walking but gosh darn those guys! They can lose so easily it seems. School is almost out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeanne, sorry to hear about your water leak and the lay-offs in the area.

I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon to go with Carol and Melissa to the B&B we go to every December. I'll be back on Sunday. That evening Tim and I are getting together with my brothers and their families. We plan to pull out of here on Monday morning about 6:30 to head south. We'll stay in South Carolina that night and be at Jekyll Island on Tuesday sometime. I am looking forward to this.

I've really been having lots of emotional issues going on, but I think of all of you often. Not sure when I'll be back on here. Taking the laptop, so I should be able to post while we are gone.

jar1965
12-20-2008, 03:17 PM
:hohoho::hohoho:5 More days! :coolsnow::present:

Tina
12-20-2008, 03:21 PM
:present:
I know, I can't believe it's almost here!!! :):):)

I've been baking myself silly. I gave cookies to our neighbors for presents.
Then, I must take certain ones to the family gathering next Thursday.
I'm sure I've gained a few pounds. I'm not going to fret over that. It's Christmastime!!!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend.

maureen kempster
12-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Good morning all
I made it!! My flight was delayed so I went on standby for a direct flight from Edmonton to Ottawa(otherwise I'd probably be still sitting in the Calgary alberta airport waiting to get a flight here)-I got into the Ottawa airport just a half hour later than what I was supposed to. I'm glad I got on that flight because there are delays like crazy right now with the weather and it being Christmas.
This is day 3 of my sister having me eat a vegan diet-so far it's not too bad-I'll weigh myself next thursday and let you know how it goes-lots of snow here but the temperature is not too bad-I know Tina and Susan would be freezing! I'll try and post before Christmas, but if I don't I hope you all have a great and safe Christmas

maureen

Tina
12-21-2008, 11:11 AM
Maureen, I'm sooooo glad you got there safely. Wow, a direct flight can't be beat! :)
Are you sure you want to be a Vegan???
I know Susan and I would freeze up there. :lol:

Take care and have fun in your new city.

Everyone else, have a great Sunday!

Tina
12-22-2008, 11:06 AM
HO-HO-HO
Can you believe that Santa will be here in 3 more days! :)

I can't wait!!!

auntie
12-22-2008, 05:45 PM
The high for today has been 27 degrees!!! Way Way too cold for me!!!!

Yea, Santa comes soon!!! I've enjoyed my first day off. I ran some errands and wrapped presents. Pat came home early and said "guess I better wrap now." I actually put everything in bags or I took out Christmas pillow cases and put things in. Talk about Lazy!!!! I'm just not as in the Christmas spirit as I normally am. I know I will once it gets closer.

We are going to have a roast on Christmas. Guess I need to start thinking about the things I need for dinner.

Stay warm!!!

Ladybug2680
12-22-2008, 08:15 PM
We arrived safely in Ohio and are enjoying ourselves. However, I must say it is way too cold for me. I braved the weather yesterday (a whopping 7 degrees) and thought for sure I would be a popsicle before I got back to the house.

Tomorrow we are taking the kids to Chucky Cheese's, but there's supposed to be a heatwave of 34. I can do 34 with no problem.

Well I must get back to my schoolwork. Talk at you gals later.

By the way, I have decided to get back OP January 1st. This weight is getting off. No more lugging it around. I'm still not going overboard though.

jar1965
12-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Hi everyone! I'm FREEZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TO DEATH here in PA!!! My daughter had a 2 hour delay this morning because it was -19 with the wind chill. By the time I went to work at 10:00 - it was up to 9 degrees! Ahhhhhhhhhhh! I want sunshine! I was going to finish up some small stuff tonight and get what I need for an appetizer I'm making for the 24th at my brothers.................but............no way! I'm staying in!

You southern girls.............Yikes..........thats pretty cold for Texas, isn't it?!?!?!?

Well have a great night!
jeanne

jar1965
12-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey Dori.........we were posting at the same time! So glad you got to Ohio safely! Welcome to 7 degrees! Have fun and enjoy that heat wave tom.

Marueen - So glad you got to your destination safely too!

PS - I'm SOOOOOO with you on January 1st! Please kick me when I slide!

jeanne

Tina
12-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Wow, reading your posts make me happy I had 34 degrees this morning!
BRRRR..... is right!
Dori, you stay safe and try to stay warm. It sounds like you're having a blast.

Jeanne, I can't imagine temps that cold. Right now, it's 40 outside and it is soooo cold in my house. Tomorrow will warm up to 69. That's doable. By Christmas, we'll have 70's again. Yea!
I don't do cold very well. :lol:

Tammy, I imagine you and Tim are on the road. Please stay safe and let us hear from you.

Susan, a roast for Christmas sounds yummy. How will you season it?
No wonder you haven't been in a Christmas spirit. You've been so busy with school. I'll bet you are more rested by tomorrow.

Maureen, how are you and the Vegan diet doing? :D
I can't imagine a Christmas without some part of a turkey.

Jen, I miss hearing from you.

I had the wonderful mammogram today. Yuck! That's all I can say. I do not appreciate being squished like that. :o
Tomorrow is all mine. I'll get up and do whatever I want. Then, Wednesday is all cooking.
Take care everyone and stay as warm as possible.

jar1965
12-23-2008, 07:52 AM
Tina.......I laughed when I read your post! I was at the OB GYN yesterday for my annual! Yuck!!! I guess we both started our mondays off in a peachy way!:p

jeanne

maureen kempster
12-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone
Tina, 40 sounds wonderful right now-it's -16F here right now, tomorrow it'll be much warmer according to the weather station-as for the vegan diet it's actually not too bad-I wouldn't have been eating turkey anyway because I am a vegetarian. We're going to have a chicken pot pie made from soy chicken - I've already tried the soy chicken and it's really good
I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas- see you all later

maureen

Tina
12-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh yes Maureen, I knew you were a vegetarian. I just meant I couldn't make it without some part of a turkey. :) :):) That chicken pot pie sounds interesting. I've never heard of soy chicken.

I hope everyone will stay very safe. I've been watching the weather reports. And, let's try to stay OP.

Tammy
12-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Just a quick note to say hello from Jekyll Island, Georgia!! Hope you are all doing well. I'll try to get on again soon and read posts. Merry Christmas to all!!!

Tina
12-24-2008, 03:14 PM

It's finally Christmas Eve!!!!!! :):):)

Tammy, it's good to hear from you. Y'all have a great time.

Everyone have a wonderful day tomorrow.

maureen kempster
12-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi- I hope everyone has a safe and Very Merry Christmas-Ditto for me Tammy-

Maureen

jar1965
12-25-2008, 01:53 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS DEAR FRIENDS!

auntie
12-25-2008, 11:21 PM
HOHOHO Hope everyone had a great day!!!!!

Tina
12-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I have a Christmas Hangover---too many sweets. :( :lol:
Today, it's back on the WW Wagon.

Tammy
12-26-2008, 09:46 PM
Hello again! Having a nice time. I can't believe the feeling of peace that I have just being here. Knowing how much Bob loved it here is helping me I think.

Trying to watch the food intake, but I'm also getting in plenty of walking.

Take care everyone!!!

Tina
12-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Hi,
Tammy, I'm so glad it's a peaceful trip. Sounds like just what you needed!!! I'll bet Maurice is enjoying all the walking. :)

How's everyone doing today? I'm so tired. I went full force Christmas Eve and yesterday. Tomorrow we'll take down the tree. It's beginning to smell. It never "drank" any water. I know that's why it's not looking too good.
I need to drink more water. :lol:

jar1965
12-27-2008, 07:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I also ate WAY TOO much over Christmas! Urgh!:p
Of course I get myself all consumed with "Poor Me" & "Why?" So..........last night after my break-down - I cleaned out the fridge again, bagged up all the candy, cookies and lingering temptations and sent them to work with my husband! Last night, in the rain, my husband thinking "Oh My Wife has lost it" went for a great walk and we discussed his lack of interest in my weight. (He thinks I'm beautiful at any weight and doesn't get that I don't feel good)!
Did I mention that when I was at the doctors Monday that my weight was back up to 240#! :o I knew I was packing it back on, but ignored it if you know what I mean. I have been breathing terribly heavy and struggling with the stinkin' steps!
So anyways..........I hated to vent this to you guys again..........because it seems like I do it every 3 months. It's probably hard to take me serious! I really really have to focus. Wish me luck...........for the 100th time in 2008! I WILL DO IT THIS TIME. I HAVE TO!
Oh.........in 2008........I saw 211#, 227#, 230#, and now finishing up at 240#!
I think I went in the wrong direction!

Ok, ok, enough about this for a little while! Regardless of the above, I had a great Christmas. I love all the family gatherings! And even know the kids are older - I love giving them their gifts and seeing the excitment. At 21 & 16 - they were up 7:00 a.m. haha!

Today it is suppose to be 68 DEGREES today! OMG!!!! I can't believe it! I'll go for that walk again today!!! I promise!

Tina - its always a big wooooosh getting all that Christmas stuff down and put away, isn't it!? We have an artificial tree and the kids and I got my husband a train set for Christmas so, I have a feeling, we'll leave the tree up a little longer because of it! So, do you have any returns or exchanges that you have to venture out to the mall for? I have a vest.

Tammy - Hi! So glad you are relaxing and enjoying yourself! Hugs!

Dori - Hi! Are you still in Ohio? It's suppose to be 68 degrees today! If you are, enjoy it! I wish we would have had a nice mild temperature & snowy days for you to see before you head back!;)

Susan - hohoho right back at cha'!:D

Maureen - How are things "up north"

Well ladies, have a great day and sorry I boo-hoo'ed to you!

Hugs`
jeanne

maureen kempster
12-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning
Jeanne-I think that's why we're here-for moral support-vent all you want-I too have said that's it's time to start again-we should stop beating ourselves up and like ourselves now-we're okay whatever weight we're at
take care
maureen

Ladybug2680
12-28-2008, 03:01 PM
Good morning all. I'm back home in sunny Georgia. :)

Jeanne - Don't feel too bad. I have been there too. I have seen the 160's, 170's, 180's and I'm ending with 189 this year. It's frustrating, but I know I can it must do this. Remember you can do this as well. Whenever you need a good swift kick in the behind, let me know.

Tammy - Glad that the trip is going well. I was hoping to meet up with you. If not this time, perhaps another time.

I weighed in today and was not surprised to see 189. While some of you may be saying I'd be happy to see 189, I'm not. 189 on my 4'10" frame is definitely not good. I must do something or I know my health will only get worse than it already is. Thank you all for your support.

Tina
12-28-2008, 04:41 PM
Hello,
I'm not getting notices that people are posting!!! :dizzy:

Jeanne, like Maureen said, we're here to help each other. Talk, cry, yell, we've all done it and will again and again. I'm so sorry about your gain. I hope your husband will now realize how you are feeling.
Christmas with grown children can still be fun! Ours is 34 and would be upset if Mom didn't fix stockings.
Returns----Yes, I have waited until tomorrow (Monday) to return a pair of earrings. It's weird. The posts are too thick for the holes in my ears. Larry bought me a great necklace and matching earrings from Coldwater Creek. Hopefully, I can find another pair that will work.

Dori, I'm glad you made it home from your trip.
Maureen, how was your first Christmas in your new home city?
Susan, are you in San Antonio yet? Be safe when you get home. I see that it's nasty weather up there.

I'm sure that I gained back the 5 pounds that I just lost. :(:(:( But, I will get those off again and soon. I love the leader at the meeting I've started attending. I'm sorry there wasn't one on Christmas Eve or I would've gone. I have a doctor's appt. on meeting day this week. Boo....:mad:

We can all do this. A few more days and it will be 2009.

Ladybug2680
12-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Oh Ladies, I forgot to tell you. It seems as though a lump has popped up on the side of my neck. It's quite painfully and very tender. I'm going to call the dr for an appt tomorrow. Please keep me in your prayers. ;)

Tina
12-28-2008, 08:10 PM
:hug: Dori, I pray that everything will be all right for you. :hug:

O2Bthin
12-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Hi Everyone!

My name is Kathy and I have once again joined Weight Watchers. Almost 3 years ago I lost 55lbs with LA Weight Loss. Needless to say I gained it all back. I am now starting over again and will keep it off this time with the help of God and my husband and friends.

Tina
12-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Hi Kathy, Welcome to the Thursday group. We also have a weigh-in results thread where we post our weekly scale results, whether good or bad. :)
Feel free to come here every day or so.

jar1965
12-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Dori - Hi! I'll say a prayer for you. Keep us informed!

Kathy - hello & Welcome to the Thursday WW group! :carrot: It's nice to meet you!

Thank you girls for your support! I have faithfully drank my water and walked for four days in a row........thought I'd take a sneak peek........and low and behold.........2# loss! I'll take it!

Have a great Monday! I have been off for several days and today I have to go back and FACE the CHOCOLATE!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh:o

hugs~
jeanne

jar1965
12-30-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi! Well yesterday I went to Coldwater Creek (MY FAVORITE STORE), and redeemed my gift cards. They were having an amazing sale 70% off!!! I got sooooo much stuff!
As far as OP went...........it was tough! I ate too much chocolate! AND......I didn't walk! But..woke up this morning and got right back at it! I did eat 3 healthy low point meals though?!?!?
Well gotta scoot! I'm at work..................shhhhhhh!
Hugs~
jeanne

maureen kempster
12-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Good morning all
Today was the day that I should have been returning to Edmonton(I've cancelled my return flight) so now reality sets in. I went out early this morning and dropped my resume off at about 5 personnel agencies-I've made appointments with 5 places starting on friday for interviews-I found an apartment that I can move into on jan 15(they're renovating it)-so things are moving along-I'm on week 2 of following the vegan program and it's really not too bad-a lot of the stuff that I shouldn't eat is not good for me any way(like milk chocolate lol)-anyway-hope you all have a great day and take care

maureen

Tina
12-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi all,
It's a beautiful day. So far, I'm OP. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I'm wondering if they will weigh me.
Do GI doctors weigh you???
I'm afraid I have some problems down there, so I have an appt. in the morning.

Jeanne, I went to Coldwater Creek yesterday (to return those earrings) but didn't come out with anything. They were almost giving away the jewelry. The one knit top that I loved was not on sale.

Maureen, you are really with it, handing out resumes and making interview appts. And, your own apartment! That's great!!!!!

Tammy, are you home yet?

Susan, are you home yet? :)

Dori, how are you feeling? When do you see your doctor? Let us know.

Kathy, how are you doing with WW this time? Do you like the Momentum Plan?
I missed going to a meeting last week. My doctor's appointment will interfere with me going this week. I know that I've gained some so maybe I should wait until next week to weigh in.

What are y'all's plans for New Years Eve? We're going out to eat and come home to watch dvds.

jar1965
12-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Morning ladies! Happy New Years Eve!!:D

Yesterday was OP with just a few pieces of chocolate~:devil: It's so darn hard working around it all day! I did well until after lunch! I got my walk in and we went out to dinner - I had low fat chicken stir fry! It was very good too!

Tina - Yes, CWC, was giving the store away~! I returned a vest and turtleneck and had $99 credit in addition to my gift cards!!!!! I bought a ton of jewerly! I had been watching this cute black necklace ...but refused to pay $49 for it.........well, it was $13.99!!!!!! I have had job offers there - (because I shop there wayyyyyy tooooo much)! I have thought about it - but, I'm not up for clothing retail, AGAIN! Good Luck at the doctors, let us know. :hug:

Kathy - Hi! Come back come back!!!:D Hope you are having much success with WW! Let us know!

Maureen - Hi! Have you heard from any of those agencies yet? It's probably hard with the holidays right in the middle of everything! Good Luck and I'm sure it'll work out for you. Oh yea, so glad the diet is going well too!

Dori - What did the doctor have to say? Thinking of you and sending big hugs your way!:hug:

Tammy & Susan - Can't wait to hear about your trips!!!!:)

Everyone have a great day - We are going to see Marley & Me this afternoon and then out to eat~! All 4 of us! Wow!

Hugs~
jeanne

Tina
12-31-2008, 04:54 PM
Hi all,
I went to a GI doctor this morning. I'll have a colonoscopy on Jan. 28th. That's the earliest time they had, except in the afternoon. Who wants to go without eating for that long!!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::o

Jeanne, I hope the movie is good. I've thought about going to that one. Animal movies are usually sad and I don't like that.
I might go back to CWC and get some jewelry. ;)

I hope everyone has a great New Years Eve!!!!!!!

O2Bthin
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm here. I work all day and I don't get to post until I have dinner done and the dishes and kitchen cleaned up. Thankfully I have a husband who helps me do all of that.

WW is going well. I don't do the greatest today, but I'm not going to let that get me down. I'm trying not to use my extra 35 points that I can use weekly, but that didn't work today.

My husband is doing the WW program with me. We are not going to meetings we're just doing it at home. I may join the website later when I think we can do it financially. My husband just went back to work the week of Thanksgiving after being laid off for 18 months so now we need to get caught up financially. We'll get there!!!:dizzy:

I trust each of you have a great New Year. God bless each one of you!!

maureen kempster
01-01-2009, 12:16 AM
Hello everyone-Just got back from my brother's- it was nice to see my sister-in-law and niece-my Mom came with us too-she doesn't say too much and doesn't even remember what she's had for supper-but I think she does enjoy us bringing her with us-I'm so glad I'm able to see more of her now-my sister(who I'm staying with-she's the youngest in the family) and her 3 boys and I went bowling today-it was her 44th birthday-well I haven't bowled in years and I think I may have only bowled 10 pin twice-well I almost bowled a perfect game-all gutter balls-honestly I bowled a 28!!!-it was fun though.

Anyway hope you all have a super New Year we're all worth it

maureen

Tina
01-01-2009, 12:23 AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR

jar1965
01-01-2009, 08:46 AM
***PLEASE GO TO THE JANUARY THREAD!!!***