LA Weight Loss - Losers and Friends 12/1-12/7

View Full Version : Losers and Friends 12/1-12/7

Kimphin
12-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone - hope all my US friends had a Happy Thanksgiving. We had a busy weekend - left Friday AM for the Finger Lakes for 3 days - that's what my BIL wanted to do for his 50th B-day. We had a ton of fun, tasted a lot of wine, purchased about a case of various types. Depsite all of that, all in all it was not a bad weekend, diet-wise - got lots of walking exercise!

Final presentation for my class tonight! Yay! I am switching to an all-online program next semester. We will see how that goes.

I haven't read the end of last weeks thread, so I'm sure I need to catch up on a bunch of stuff. Just wanted to pop in and say hi!

Repo girl
12-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Morning everyone! It is a dark grey, sit by the window and drink coffee in your jammies kind of morning at my house. I love it!

Dan2112
12-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey all..

Had a great long weekend.. Tough to come back to work today, but I have a short week planned, so it's bareable...

Hope you all stayed close to POP, but if not, let's get back at it.. If I can do it, so can you!!!

jewljz
12-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Hi everyone! I pretty much stuck to my plan for Thanksgiving, but did have a couple of yeast rolls, I'm up 1lb, but am doing takeoff today and tomorrow and am sure that it will be gone by wednesday.

I hit the sales on friday and ended up buying about 3-4 outfits for myself instead of doing any Christmas shopping... I know, sounds selfish, but I can't help myself... I will finish the Christmas shopping in time, I WILL finish the Christmas shopping in time!

I love the outfits I got, include a size 4 pair of DKNY jeans :) and a size 6 Ann Taylor Loft dress (on sale for $13 - how could I resist???)! OH and I also found a pair of Banana republic crop jeans for $6.97! When I tried them on I came out to look in the 3-way mirror and then went back into my dressing room to change out of them, when I came out of the dressing room again the woman that was waiting for her daughter by the door said to me "I sure hope you are getting those! They looked great on you!" That was an awesome feeling!!! I promise myself that after rebuilding my wardrobe I will work hard to stay in these sizes and be aware of stretchy jeans that are stretched too far! I am also working on keeping my closet organized so that I can take care of these nice things I have invested in!

My parents were here for the holidays - I love spending the day with my mom! No one in the world I'd rather shop with! The kids really enjoyed having them here, my oldest DS spent hours on end working on building a motorized car with grandpa... it was so sad when they left - he tried to handcuff himself to grandpa and then chased their truck down the street as they drove off... brings me to tears just thinking about it... but life needs to get back to normalcy sooner or later.

Kids are back in school today and I'm back to work. I plan to use my lunchbreak for the next few weeks to get the Christmas shopping completed... no eating out for me!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

bayoubelle68
12-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Remember me? It's Felicia - slinking back with my tail between my legs. I've gained back quite a bit, but am not where I started last time. I just started back yesterday. It feels good to be back on a plan that I know will work if I stick to it.

Repo girl
12-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey Felicia!! Good to see you. How are things?

JLem311
12-01-2008, 12:20 PM
hello everyone. not much going on here today. i've had a headache for a few days...ugh. just wish i would go away.
anyways...hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.

BarbaraB
12-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Felicia! Sweetheart, you are always welcome back! It is good to "see" you. I've seen you be so successful in the past, and I know you want to set a better example for your kids. I really truly wish I had been a better role model to my DD, at least as far as eating goes. I joined LAWL right after she started college though.

Jillian, I hope you are feeling better! I suppose you are going to have your good days and your bad days.

Julie, I think 1 pound is just a normal fluctation... I can gain that from drinking a diet coke (not sure what causes that but I'm always up a pound if I indulge in one). Well not permanently, just for a day....

This weekend was not so restful to me. My DD got into a car accident. She is fine, but she swerved to avoid hitting a cat and hit two parked cars. This is her 4th accident and she is just shy of 20 years old. Her little truck seems like it can be repaired for not a lot of money, so that is a relief. We think that the insurance company is going to exclude her from coverage. So it seems that she might not be driving for awhile, but she does live about 2 blocks to the university and 4 blocks to a safeway, so she should be fine. Heck I didn't always have a car when I was at school, and I was a lot further from campus.

I got so uptight and stressed and then slept funny and woke up hardly able to move without huge pain, so that kind of did not help my exercise a lot plan. I spent most of Saturday and Sunday flat on my back. I'm better now, but still didn't think that spin class was a great idea this morning.

Repo girl
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Barb- How did your sister do with Thanksgiving?

krjpy
12-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Hello All!

Been out of the loop for a while and on vacation. Haven't been around too much, but plan on being around a little more regularly. Hard to chime in at work, but want to get on at least once a day.

Hope everyone is doing well. I gain a little bit back on my cruise, but only about 1/2 the average for cruising. I am on take-off yesterday and today. I joined a health club. I get a great discount through my company and can do Month to month so if I don't like it there I can leave ond only be out my $29 processing fee and my monthly dues that techincally I am not out those since I used the Gym. I have been trying the Body Pump, Turbo Kick, and Body Flow classes. I want to try a cycling class, but I still haven't decided on that one yet.

Hope everyone is doing well. I am glad to be back and see you all.

JLem311
12-02-2008, 12:03 PM
hello all. just thought i'd check in and say hi. nothing much going on here...just pretty blah.
i have my ultrasound next friday, and at first DH and i decided not to find out the sex of the baby, but i'm so impatient that i can't see myself waiting until the birth. so i've got a week to decided weather or not we're going to find out (that is, if the baby cooperates!). there are pros and cons to both sides, but i'm just so torn. my mom says wait and it'll be the best surprise ever and i can totally see how it would be, but i'd like to stop calling the baby "it" (we most times call it a "he" because we both want a boy) and i'd like to know in advance so i can get used to a boy or a girl. know what i mean?
anyways..yeah. so that's what's been going on with me lately. and now the time is coming next week..so i've gotta decide soon.

hope everyone is doing well. btw--where is everyone at? nicole, amy, jersey amy...ect? c'mon guys!

BarbaraB
12-02-2008, 12:36 PM
Jillian, I can see both sides. I wanted to know. It is a surprise when you find out no matter when it is... LOL. I just like to be prepared more than I like to be surprised.

Katie, My sister was doing pretty good considering. She did something totally different for Thanksgiving, as I don't recall her coming down here once in the 14 thanksgivings we've been in Portland. So that was good. She is going down to spend Christmas with my Dad near Palm Springs, and that is great, since my dad is going through a divorce and it might be a really sad Christmas for him too. She is seeing a grief counselor, but still is not back to work yet. I thought she seemed pretty good, but I think she had her step daughter Nicole to focus on, and that was really really good for her. She also stopped by and visited with my DD, and that went well...

Kelly, Cruises are just not good for the waistline, but whatever was gained can be lost again, especially with all that working out. What is a Body Flow class?

I think there must be a lot of post Thanksgiving guilt out there, as it sure is quiet in here today.

cecil
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Hi all!

Just wanted to thank you for your donations! Our team was able to raise $2585.53! Which is awesome! The total between all the team registered at the Ho Do was over $11000.00! Without your participation we would have never been able to pull it off! Thanks for your help in raising funds and awareness about prostate cancer, it is so important to educate the men in our lives.

And a special thanks to you Katie! Thanks for donating!

Repo girl
12-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Barb- I am so glad to hear that. I have been thinking about her.

Cecilia- WOW!!! Thanks so much to you for your efforts.

Jillian- I was always too impatient, and just HAD to know.

Hey Kelly! Good to see you!

Nicole- WTF?

4princesses
12-02-2008, 05:55 PM
hiya all! I am just stopping by to check in. I have been missing out on some of my portions and have been stuck because of that. Back on track today! How is everyone doing? *hugs*

JLem311
12-02-2008, 06:04 PM
hey elizabeth--you've got 4 kids..did you find out what you were having before they were born or did you wait?
same for you nicole--did you find out? did emily when she was pregnant with maria?

i have a feeling i'm gonna crack and find out. but then knowing my luck, the baby won't wanna cooperate! ha. :)

cecil
12-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey Jillian,

I found out what I was having. But I think it was because I was young and it was easier to be prepared and well you just want to know whats going on in there! HA! But if you think you can wait, I think it would be pretty cool! I am sure you will make a decision you won't regret.

JLem311
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
thanks for your imput cecilia. :) it's so hard for me to wait. i found out with my other two kids. plus i'm horrible at waiting...i've given DH two of his xmas gifts already! ha.
guess i know where this is going...

Mama Nicole
12-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Nicole- WTF?
:rofl: Katie......girl, I am back. I was just overcome with everything with DH being gone for 10 days, Thanksgiving dinner, my sis being here for 4 days, black friday shopping, and DH's homecoming.

DH sprained his ankle one of his last days hunting, and it is just awful looking. I feel so bad for him.

So when he finally got home, when we finally got to bed (you know, the only place we ever get any quiet time to talk) I just melted........I cried my eyes out.....and I just couldn't stop. DH was wondering what the heck was wrong with me.......and I didn't even know. I think I was just so relieved to have him home :) I felt so bad cuz he asked me what was wrong....and I had to be honest and tell him that is was much harder than I had expected.......so then he felt bad for leaving../and i was like, no no no, it is just a girl's way of expressing....the crying, and that it was all going to be ok. It still seems to weird to me to "need" someone like that......I was on my own, physically and mentally for so long, that I never thought I would feel that way. It is a nice feeling though.....I must admit.

So anyway.......Felicia......so good to see you!!! You are in good company.....there are quite a few of us who have hit a rough patch. I am happy you are back.....we have missed you.

Jillian.....I never found out with any of my pregnancies. I never used a lot of pain meds until my C-section......and not knowing what my babies were got me through the labor. And when I knew I had to have a C-section, I needed that suprise to get me through the surgery that scared me to death. And then with number 5, darling baby Andrew, I did finally get an epidural. Good stuff. Wouldn't do it again without one........I think........although each one was sooooo different. Anyway.......my intuition told me what sex each baby was up until darling baby Andrew. I was so wrong wtih him. And to think......I crocheted him a beautiful pink layette set...:lol:. It is funny though.........people feel really strong about what you should do. You are carrying the baby.....so whatever makes you feel content is what you need to do. The more at ease you are throughout your pregnacy, the better :) I remember so many of our family members and friends were truly mad at us for not finding out. It was kind of funny, in an evil sort of way. Wow, so you are almost halfway through your pregnacy. Whoohooo for that :)

Barbara........your poor DD. Some of us just crash little crashes too often. That sucks for her. Just for the record, I took out the driver's side blinker in my own driveway at the expense of my suburban's shiny bumper. There was no reason at all that should have happened. I guess I just suck a little.

Hi Cecelia, Dan, Kelly, Julie, Elizabeth, and anyone I missed :) I am not quite back OP, but I am seriously thinking about it :lol:.

More tomorrow :)
xoxo

4princesses
12-03-2008, 12:54 AM
Glad to see you back Nicole.. I can't imagine going that long without a sidekick.. It must have been great to have him home!

Jillian, I found out with #2 and #4 at the 20 week. I never new with #1. I found out with #3 the last 2 days of pregnancy as I had an emergency ultrasound and the tech slipped it out... she thought I knew. Honestly, I would much rather know, a baby is enough of a shock as it is and I loved meeting the baby I expected. I was sure I was having girls every time so it was more a confirmation. I was shocked #1 was a girl because I thought my guess was wrong and I was sure 'it' was a boy. It took me awhile to get over the shock. All that to say I was SO glad to know. I am sure you will be happy either way. Planning for a baby is easier when you know.... clothes, paint, preparing siblings etc...

Cecil.. that is great news.. WTG!

Nice to see ya Katie!

I am going to bed, tomorrow I have 2 kids home to keep busy. Have a pop morning and see you all Wednesday! *hugs*

Repo girl
12-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Morning all!

Nicole- Good to see you back! Glad your DH is back too. I hope his ankle heals up quickly. My DH went out of town for one night last weekend. It was kind of fun to be able to just do what ever, but my girls were awful. As it turns out, they don't really mind me at all.

Elizabeth- Have a good time with your kiddos at home!

Mama Nicole
12-03-2008, 09:35 AM
I hear that, Katie. My kids know I am a big push over. I try soooo hard to stay firm, but then they look at me.......or cry.....and it is just all over.

Repo girl
12-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I was really looking forward to having my bed all to myself, but no. Both of my girls got all hysterical over missing their daddy, (who, by the way, had only been gone for 12 hours at this point) and I ended up with 2 kids and 3 dogs in my bed all night.

JLem311
12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
hey everyone.

nicole--glad that your DH is back. it's hard when they're away. believe me after my DH was gone for almost 9 months with the military..i seriously thought i was gonna lose it most days and didn't know how i coped for so long without him. it sucks. and to top it all off, he's being deployed in 2010..not sure if he'll even be here for the baby's first bday. :( but that's the life of being a military spouse. i'll deal. hopefully this time around won't be so hard, but i'm thinking it will be..since i'll be a single mom to a new baby..plus the other two kids.

anyways..i think we've decided to find out the sex of the baby. i had a horrible dream the other night and decided that it'd be best for us to find out. to ease my mind..in more ways than one. and so i can get used to the idea of either a boy or girl. hopefully the baby decides to cooperate next week. i'm thinking that DH and i will keep it to ourselves for a bit..with the exception of the kids and former dh.
and maybe..you all as well. you're like family, you know!

ok..gotta go. DS is tearing this house apart and isn't good about putting it back together. ha. guess that's why i'm here!

BarbaraB
12-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Wow, Its been so quiet in here!

Jillian, I don't think you'll regret finding out the gender of your baby during the ultrasound. When the baby is born there is enough surprise, joy and wonder at just seeing them for the first time, no matter what the gender. Plus I was glad my DH got over his disappointment that we were not having a boy before my daughter was born.

Nicole, We all need a good cry sometimes. It clears stress hormones! I read that somewhere. It isn't right to hide your feelings from your DH just because it will make him feel bad either. He needs to know that it was hard on you. Perhaps he can just take a shorter trip next time? As I totally understand your desire to let him have some fun. By the way, when you were a single mom, you had fewer kids, no grand kids, and no teenagers. So don't think you used to be wonder woman and are now the weeper, but that you have more to handle and even wonder woman needs a good cry sometimes.

jewljz
12-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Jillian - I didn't find out with my 1st, but stared at the ultrasound video until I was sure it was a boy... I did so much research that I pretty much knew it was a boy before he was here... My husband of course didn't listen to me and the crack in his voice when he said "it's a boy" was a priceless moment that I will never forget.

Dan2112
12-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Hey gang...

Been busy and out of town for much of this week.. Food-wise, I've been ok, but we have our annual neighborhood Christmas party on Saturday, so being good is going to be tough, specially when I'm the cook and can't just serve veggie trays and the like.. LOL...

I found the posting about non-3FC members contacting the site about refunds after their LAWL centers have closed down pretty interesting.. I undstand that people are really mad and in some cases, desperate, but still.. It's kind of a stretch to think this forum is officially affiliated with LAWL...

Anyway, have a great rest of the week and try to be one with your POP!!!

Mama Nicole
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Hi freinds :)

I have been soo busy lately. I have to get my kitchen clean right now, but I wanted to pop in and read how everyoe is doing. Where the heck is Amylou anyway?

Ok, I will play more later ;)
XOXO

Repo girl
12-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi everyone, wow, it is really quiet around here.

Dan- I thought that too. I also felt bad the the mods are having to deal with that. Neighborhood Christmas party, huh? Sounds great!

So, I think that I must have late onset Terets or something. I blurted out a terrible thing yesterday. My new neighbor called me and invited me to come with her to "a group of neighborhood ladies getting together to make candy". I was suspicious of this, since our entire neighborhood belongs to the same religion, with exception of my family and my parents. No one really speaks to us, they don't wave on the street, say hello at the grocery store, nothing. So I am wondering, why is she inviting me? So I ask where this get together is going to be. When she tells me it is at the bishop's wife's house, I realize that this is a veiled attempt to get me to church. So, I blurt out (now how is this for rude and classless of me) "Are you kidding me? I cannot stand those women!" Then spent 5 minutes trying to explain I didn't really mean that, but that I would be very uncomfortable going to a church function, and that she should go and have a good time. The truth is, I would rather shove a fork up my nose than go to a function like this, but I had no reason to be so rude. I keep wondering if I should call her and apologize again. I hope that she did not repeat what I said......

BarbaraB
12-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Nicole, I think Amylou must still be celebrating passing her bar exam. I don't know how long she was going to stay in Las Vegas. Unfortunately whatever was eaten in Vegas does not stay in Vegas. I think we'd all go and visit if that was the case!

Katie, I just went and looked online where Rexburg is, and I saw in Wikipedia that is called the "reddest place in america". My goodness. I also see that is where byu Idaho is, so I can guess what this other religion might be. When we were living in Nevada we had a very similiar vibe, and although I made friends with some very nice Mormon ladies, and even went to some parties. I did feel like an outsider. I wouldn't have gone to a candy making thing at the bishops house either. I had a girlfriend who was living in Twin Falls and it got so bad she moved. She was working at a school and smelled some of the 6th graders smoking marijuana, so she told their teacher about it. Instead of disciplining the kids, they got all up in arms that she knew what marijuana smelled like and thought she should not be anywhere near a school.

Dan, Good luck with the party. What do you normally make for this kind of event? Maybe you can find a healthier alternative. A few tweaks can really make a big difference in the calorie and fat count of a recipe. Really almost everyone else in the world is probably also trying to not gain weight this holiday, so I found whenever I bring something and say I made it no fat, that it is MORE popular and not less.

jewljz
12-04-2008, 05:55 PM
One thing that I did recently at a gathering was order veggie pizza's and cut them into "appetizer" size pieces - everyone liked it! Also, pepperoni pizza on thin crust is not that bad for you IN MODERATION - cut into small pieces for snacking on.

Repo girl
12-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Hmmm, moderation. That must be my problem, LOL.

Barb- Much to my embarrassment, Rexburg has been in the national news recently because they have had a problem with kids on the school busses and in school singing songs about assasinating our new president. It has been quite a problem. My kids came home really mad about kids talking like that at school.

I am thinking about building a small coop and raising a few chickens for eggs. Have any of you ever done that, and if so, is it worth it?

Mama Nicole
12-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Katie.......if you cannot stop thinking about your moment of truth, then it wouldn't hurt to apologize...........but only if it is going to help you get past it. I think it is pretty damn funny myself. Noone tells the truth anymore....I find it completely refreshing :) That is horrible about the bus songs. How selfish of your sommunity to teach hate to their children, and how wonderful your kids were offended. You are doing a good job girl. As far as chickens.......my neighbor (the farmer) has chickens.......and she loves them. They just hang out all day roaming around her property until she puts them away at dark. I know she buys feed for htem, but also there are stores that donate their day old bread........she just has to go pick it up. She also always asks for my fireplace ashes.........she says the chickens, "bathe," in them. We also bring her our watermelon rinds........the chickens just love them. As far as how much work they are.............I don't know if Marie could really tell us........she has worked so hard her whole life that her perspective and ours probably wouldn't really compare......although I know you work like a dog, Katie girl. It could be fun. Would you get eggs and let them hatch or chicks? The kids would love it.........

I have to get my butt in the shower...........my girlfriend is coming with her little girl in a few.....with doughnuts..............I am a very bad girl..... :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
12-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh, and this is pretty pathetic..........three pages in a week.........

jewljz
12-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Katie - why would you apologize? Maybe I'm just harsh, but you don't value any of their opinions anyway, right? Also - you made me think of something hilarious that happened over the weekend. I asked my 5 yo DS where eggs come from and his very quick response was "the refrigerator", when that answer was followed by laughs he responded again "the grocery store?", when probed he really had no idea how the eggs got to the store - sad... hilarious, but sad! I grew up in a rural area and never knew the value of it until now that my kids are growing up in the city.

NICOLE! BAD Nicole! Here I am beating myself up over eating a cookie after dinner and you are having Donuts for breakfast! I hope you enjoy it...

Also on the topic of the kids singing songs about the president - my son has mentioned that there are a whole slew of jokes going around school, he has so many questions about why they are saying these things and where they are learning it, when I told him that they likely learn it from their parents, his eyes got humongous and asked me "WHY would their PARENTS say that???" He just couldn't even believe that!

Happy Friday everyone :) Saving all my fruits for Sangria tonight!

JLem311
12-05-2008, 11:57 AM
i'm sitting here eating those wonderful dove chocolates..and i don't really feel bad about it either! i picked them up while i was grocery shopping this morning. i love dove chocolates..the milk chocolate kind, so i got them! and i just ate 5 of them. and they were wonderful.

i know that's not the greatest way to start my post, with this being a weightloss forum, but whatever! :)

DD had her first ever music concert last night. it was so cute. i couldn't stop smiling the whole time she was singing! :) those little kids singing christmas song is so adorable! totally reminded me of when i was a kid and how weird it is that i'm the mom now watching my kids do this! it was a very weird realization for me. it's even funnier that when i sing along to xmas songs in the car with my DD--she's amazed that i know those songs and asks me where i learned them! i don't think she realizes yet that i was once her age. :) makes me smile.

so yeah..that's about it for me. the baby is moving around quite a bit, but still a bit too early for DH to feel the movements. soon though, i'm sure. and i'm getting pretty anxious about our upcoming ultrasound next week. :) so excited to see the baby! i hope everything is developing normally with him/her.

ok..gonna go for now. hope everyone has a good friday and weekend. DS is getting his 3yr pics taken tomorrow. wish us luck that he cooperates! ha.

Repo girl
12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh Jillian, I am sure that it is all just fine. I love Dove too. The dark ones are my fave.

Nicole- I made a cherry cobbler for my cousins birthday last night. It was killer. I am still learning how to use all of the stuff I have canned this year instead of buying. Also, my little girls have a birthday party this afternoon that I just found out about last night. I was in a panic about a gift, since there is no time to go to the store, then I realized, I can make a gift. Lavender lotion and bath salts, and a lavender and rose sachet. I am moving in the right direction of self sufficiency, but I still forget and buy what I can make, or buy what I don't need. Someday it will just be natural, right? Enjoy those doughnuts, naughty!

Julie- That is too funny about the eggs. Enjoy that sangria, sounds awesome!

For anyone who has daughters, big or small: I read a book last night that all girls everywhere should read. It is a childrens book written by Jada Pinkett Smith called "Girls Hold Up This World". It has pictures of women from all walks of life and faiths and talks about the strength of women. I highly recommend it.

BarbaraB
12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Katie, I've never kept chickens, but I have heard that different breeds of chickens have different temperments. So I would research that before I started with them. My cousin is really into them, as her kids are raising them for FFA. Sadly my mind wandered during that conversation, but if I had known that you were interested, I would have paid more attention.

Nicole, enjoy your doughnuts, and then of course get right back on plan.

Jillian, Dove chocolate... yummm.... don't worry, I can enjoy that vicariously and still stay on plan.

I'm feeling extra motivated right now, and I have two weeks with nothing big planned, so I'm going to be POP on weight loss portions and see if I can my clothes fitting better and myself feeling more disciplined. I've already been pretty good for the last 5 days and I already feel a big difference.

Repo girl
12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh, BTW, I finished my kids Divination cards. They turned out so cool. I can't wait to give them to them on Christmas. I tried to find a way to link them so that I could show them to you guys, but I can't seem to make it happen. Thanks for all of your quotes though, they really helped.

Sige
12-05-2008, 01:44 PM
*Peggy has a vague recollection of donuts...it's been so long*

Mama Nicole
12-05-2008, 03:25 PM
I am sorry about the doughnuts girls.........only the first couple of bites were good....and then it was just complete self sabotage.

4princesses
12-05-2008, 04:06 PM
I used to crave donuts ALL the time, now I can happily pass by them, chocolate is another story though...lol. Well things are getting busy, life is getting hectic so I am going to take my regular Christmas computer break for a few weeks. I will stop by if I can, but it is so hard to keep up with 4 kids, work, school, family, trying to keep POP..... life... Not forgetting you all but I'll check back in for January. *hugs* and be sure to be good to yourself this season! *hugs*

Mama Nicole
12-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Aw, we will miss you Elizabeth, but I completely understand :) :hug: I hope Santa is good to you :)
XOXO

Kimphin
12-05-2008, 05:07 PM
My cousin is really into them, as her kids are raising them for FFA. Sadly my mind wandered during that conversation, but if I had known that you were interested, I would have paid more attention.

Barbara - I'm not sure if you meant that to be funny, but I laughed out loud when I read your post! My SIL tends to ramble in and I have been caught lately 'letting my mind wander' while she was talking at me. I'm still chuckling...

Katie - I don't think you have Tourette's. ;) I'm sure you feel bad about saying it, but people need to realize that some people enjoy the religion that they are already in. My neighbor across the steet has done similar things to us in the past, it really gets me going. Now I limit our contact to waving.

Jillian - I know that today was the day. I hope that all goes well!

Well, I went and joined a gym this week. It is around the corner from my house, so there is no excuse not to go. I have an appointment with a trainer on Monday, and will be going to a class tomorrow. I'm pretty excited - I've actually missed the gym.

Hoochie
12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Katie- You just crack me right up. I have a few similar neighbors so I can relate. When they invite me to hang with them, it makes me wonder why because I don't even like them. I always wnder what the heck they want from me.
Nicole- The first bite of the doughnut was probably the best. After that it's all guilt right??? But in saying that, its Christmas time so sometimes we need a little cheat...
Jillian- Dove chocolates are simply the yummiest. I have only enjoyed a few turtles though this year.

Today I am drinking Knudens grapefruit juice, salads and chicken. Trying to lose a few pounds before my cruise next weekend. Have you ever tried Knudsens grapefruit juice, it's disgusting!!! so sour....I should have just eaten oranges or cantelope, it would have been better.
I played Santa today. I drove around to all my account holders and gave them crackers and homeade antipasto baskets. It was so much fun. Well its Friday afternoon and I am ready to leave work, enjoy the weekend.
See everyone later!

JLem311
12-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Barbara - I'm not sure if you meant that to be funny, but I laughed out loud when I read your post! My SIL tends to ramble in and I have been caught lately 'letting my mind wander' while she was talking at me. I'm still chuckling...

Katie - I don't think you have Tourette's. ;) I'm sure you feel bad about saying it, but people need to realize that some people enjoy the religion that they are already in. My neighbor across the steet has done similar things to us in the past, it really gets me going. Now I limit our contact to waving.

Jillian - I know that today was the day. I hope that all goes well!

Well, I went and joined a gym this week. It is around the corner from my house, so there is no excuse not to go. I have an appointment with a trainer on Monday, and will be going to a class tomorrow. I'm pretty excited - I've actually missed the gym.

my ultrasound is next friday, but thanks for thinking of me! :) i'll be sure to update as soon as i get back though! :)
good luck with the trainer! i'm jealous! (really!)

BarbaraB
12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
We made 4 pages! Just barely and it is Friday afternoon.

Kim, Good to start in December, and see how it is going to be most of the year. So many people start in January, and that is when it is truly crowded, and they give up too soon. I never thought I'd be a gym regular, but if you find someplace comfortable for you, where people are going to comment when you don't show up, that is good. As I seem to need just a small element of shame to keep me going, even though I do really like the way I feel when I exercise regularly. I did mean to be funny I suppose.... but you have to understand my cousin brought in the whole FFA presentation with pictures and diagrams about the chickens that her daughter had raised..... I believe there was comparing different breeds of chickens involved.... at least those chickens looked kind of different to me... I just smiled and said nice and went to look at the pot luck desserts one more time actually....

JLem311
12-05-2008, 06:29 PM
ps--new pic up! avatar and profile. enjoy!

whatazoo
12-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Katie, I know next to nothing about chickens, but I was really looking forward to my parents (or grandparents) getting chickens when they got out of town. So I researched which chickens would be good layers, which after I did that, my mom informed me she was going to raise them to butcher, not get eggs! Burst my bubble. HA But anyway, I can try to find the website because it was quite informative about which chickens lay the best in hot and/or cold weather, what colored eggs they have, how big, etc. Since you live in cold weather some of the year, I'm sure whatever chickens you get will be acclimated, but it's best to get the right kind to begin with!

On the diet front, haven't been doing too bad, what with potlucks, cookie exchanges (why I signed up I'll never know - but I'm sharing mine with my folks), etc. I'm still in my work's Biggest Loser and we plan to start a new one the first of the year. :) Money to motivate isn't such a bad thing. HA

Have a great weekend.

Mama Nicole
12-06-2008, 10:48 PM
i have been Christmas baking........yum.......