Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 04:29 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Red face Binge Free Challenge ~ Dec. 01 - 07

I can't beleive it's December already

My goal this week is to be as intuitive as possible, and only put food into my mouth when I'm hungry and being mindful.

Wishing you all a fantastic week
Old 12-01-2008, 04:50 AM   #2  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

Thanks Lauren - I go through the weekend with planned eating :-)

Wishing everyone a good week
Old 12-01-2008, 07:16 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default down a pound, no binges, LONG

Well friends, I am getting thru a very STRESSFUL time without bingeing, but don't ask me how, I think I am too busy and there is a lack of opportunity.

I did my part at the negotiations table, and was that intense. There I was, trying to convince people who hold the pursestrings, that my points were valid and important, all the while feeling like I had to do a good job not for me, but for all the other people I represent. I left the room and felt like crying from relief it was over and worry that I hadn't done well enough.
All the others on the team e-mailed me later that I had done a good job, and that was great, but wow, what an experience. Can't believe people do that for a living.... (but then again, people say that about my job, so thank goodness there is variety in humanity is what I say)

After that I went back to the hospital where my Dad was in the middle of his heart surgery.
This went well, and he is on the road to recovery, but is still in hospital, out of town. My sister and I took turns staying in the hotel with my mother. We were quite shocked how confused she was. I believe now she has a mild form of dementia. I took her home yesterday, and she was ok again, in her own surroundings, but in a big busy strange city, she couldn't cope at all, even to go outside the hotel for a smoke. She will stay home now til Dad is able to go home. In the meantime, Sis and I have had to juggle and rejuggle work schedules around possible discharges, and just being around for our parents.

SO, I have been knitting up a storm in the hospital room, walking between the hospital and hotel. I have been having regular meals, mostly in order to keep my mother's schedule regular too, so have managed to *gasp* lose a pound

I am THRILLED to say the least. I was expecting to be up, and was about to succumb to a little binge breakfast of cookies, but checked the scale first, and was so encouraged, I stepped away from the cookies.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:01 PM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

On day four today... Thanksgiving was not nice to me I am down 3 lbs from last week though so thats always nice! Sorry to post and run ladies, be back later...
Old 12-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #5  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

I'm joining in!! I already messed up today.... ate way too many chips "just because" they were floating around the office. However, I DID do Day 1 of Jullian's 30 Day Shred, so I guess that's okay too...... ate HALF of my salad for lunch because for some reason I can't stand the taste of chicken anymore....
Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 AM   #6  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I made it through day 1 yesterday. Working on day 2 today.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #7  
Madeleine

Got rid of the cookies. Can't find any junk in the house now, driving my husband crazy. My Daughter is jumping on the bandwagon with me, (I noticed she is getting a pudgy belly, but haven't said a word) but she told me not to by more junk or any sugary crap, cause she wants to get healthier too. I am sooo glad we signed up for the rec programs this year, since she wasn't taking gym at school. Its good for all of us, and a good example for her.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

turboleda - LOL about not being able to stand the taste of chicken anymore. I've been there. Great job on the 30ds and stay away from the chips.

wardhog - Congrats on day 1 lets hear it for day2!

fatmad - Thats awesome way to lead by example. Its also so much easier when there is someone else to do it with you.

As for me...

Last night I had the most fabulous dinner. Hawaiian BBQ Grilled Chicken and Low Fat Lemon Spaghetti. For dessert I had fat free angel food cake, fresh strawberries, bananas and fat free cool whip. Totally on plan and totally delicious! Did 25 mins on the treadmil combo of running/walking. Day 4 won and done on to day 5!
Old 12-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #9  
Madeleine

Have been having a hard day. Not enough exercise cause I drove down to check on my parents. Did light housework, and errands, but not enough to say I exercised. Have been fighting bingeing ALL day. It was killing me. But tonight I tried veggies and dip, got "full" very quickly, and stopped voluntarily.
I HATE this feeling of being overstuffed.
Look what you all have done, I can't even over eat now, never mind binge.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:51 AM   #10  
Burning it away

It's really odd, when I lost weight regularly last year before putting it all back on, I constantly thought about food and drove myself wild. Now that I'm not really losing and am just working on my self image I hardly thinking about food and can go regular periods of time without wanting to raid the kitchen.

I'm going strong, given in a few times, nothing majour.

Fatmad, glad to hear your willpower pulled through. Keep up the great work.

Steph - sounds delicious..

Last edited by Spoz; 12-04-2008 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:46 AM   #11  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hi guys. I have three days, working on day 4.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:15 AM   #12  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

This is day 3 for me.
Old 12-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 216/214/165 WI day Monday

Height: 5'9"

My goal today is also to be mindful of what goes in my mouth. So far I've really been careful. I had a nice big apple for breakfast with my coffee and for lunch I had a whole wheat tortilla with egg whites, spinach and cheese in it. I'm drinking a big bottle of water and really looking forward to my diet coke mid afternoon.

Oh, and I've written everything down!
Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 PM   #14  
Madeleine

Default going well

Yesterday was crazy busy but I managed not to overeat or binge. I did have a couple of the small dessert squares, but I kept to the thinking of intuitive eating, and no guilt. I just enjoyed the little things and then stopped.
After that kept to fruit and cheese for snackies later in the day.
Tonight we were at a dinner party. Thanks for those comments about overeating not being a requirement to appreciate a hostess etc. This helped as I declined offers of seconds. I probably ate a bit more than was necessary, but didn't overeat horribly or get to the point of bloated discomfort.
Your words and ideas sure help me stay on track.

thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 07:42 AM   #15  
Maintainer Wannabe

Good going, mad!

I had a small victory yesterday, too. I got up super early and worked out because I knew I would be gone all day. I brought a zone perfect bar to my niece's birthday party so I was able to avoid pizza and cake. So, I stayed on plan!

Six days binge-free. Today will be day 7 (although challenging because I am mad at my husband and may not get a chance to work out).
Closed Thread