WW Clubs and Groups - FAB AND FIT 40's & 50's ~ #7

View Full Version : FAB AND FIT 40's & 50's ~ #7

Jenny523
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Terri,
I thought you always went out for Chinese on Thanksgiving? and I always found it to be a cool alternative! Perhaps I'm thinking of a different holiday. At any rate, the dish sounds good!

What a nice long weekend it's been....but still not enough time to get everything done! I'll be finishing up the tree and decorations during the week.

Hi to everyone :wave:

~Jen

Jen,
After cooking all day I wished we did. :lol: We used to go to an amusement park (Disney World, we lived 45 min. away) every Thanksgiving Day. I'd cook a turkey the Sunday before. There was noone there but people from other countries. :lol:

I hope everyone's December is a healthy one.
Terri

short & sassy
12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Good morning ladies,

Wow, it is turning cold. I was late for work today because my water froze!! YIKES....we might be in for a cold winter!

Well, back to work...love you gals!

short & sassy
12-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Good morning,

Did I understand correctly, BL will let the audience pick the 3rd person in the finale!! YEAH....I'll be voting for Michele if she goes below the yellow!!!

dpadro
12-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi everyone:

Sorry, I've been MIA lately - this diabetes thing is kicking my butt. My eyesight has totally changed right now. I came to work Monday and couldn't see anything close up, including my computer so I couldn't work. Went to the Opthamologist (sp?) and he wouldn't write a prescription because my blood sugar is not stabile and my eyes could change again. So he suggested I buy those reading glasses from CVS. Before I couldn't see anything far away without glasses - not its the opposite, I can see far but not near! I also had a episode last night - the doctor had given me an additional medicine to take yesterday because my sugar wasn't stabilizing with the one medication. So I took them both last night and started feeling lightheaded and shaky. My blood count had gone from the 200's to 50, which is low. I felt like Julia Roberts in Steel Magnolias, had to gobble down some orange juice to get the sugar up. This sucks (excuse my language). I'm on a very strict no sugar/carbs diet until I get stabilized, but hopefully things will change after that and become a little more flexible.

Sorry to vent, but needed to, lol!

I hope everyone is well. Hope Michelle wins TBL, but if not, anyone but that witch Vicky!

Love you guys,
Dianne

Ruth,
I hope your pipes are ok. Hope they didn't burst.

Dianne,
I do hope your sugar stabilizes. Bruce has type 2 diabetes. They got what works for him within a few months. It will come along. It is a scary thing but very manageable. Take care.

I cannot stand VICKY!!!!! READ THIS!

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Queer-Abs-Fast-Harper/dp/B000V8Q70S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1228353780&sr=8-2

Love you guys,
Terri

short & sassy
12-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey girls, nope pipes didn't freeze...there is evidently one small place somewhere between the well and the house that freezes...as soon as the sun hits, it thaws in no time!!

Queer abs????

dpadro
12-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Hi everyone :wave:

Terri - I'm sure you're right and things will stabalize soon - thanks for the encouragement.

Today's my birthday and for the first time ever, I feel my age!:p

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

Dianne,
:bday2you::hb::woo::gift::balloons::celebrate:
Happy Birthday! You are wonderful no matter what your age. You will feel fine in no time.

Ruth,
Yes, that video is one that Bob Harper made. I saw an infomercial on it awhile back and then some sites reminded the public about it and it is on sale at Amazon.
Luv ya,
Terri

short & sassy
12-04-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey Diane, Happy Birthday!!!! Any special plans? I hope you get the sugar under control soon!!

Today is my oldest daughter's birthday...she is 31...guess I need to call her. I called her last night and wished her happy birthday just in case I forgot!! LOL

Well, I officially joined the wellness center yesterday! Now I;ve got to sit down and work out a schedule that works for me!

Jenny523
12-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Happy Birthday, Dianne!

I hope you're adjusting a bit better and get the sugar under control.....vent all you like.

Terri, you've mentioned Bob Harper's name before and it makes me do a double-take, as that was my Dad's name! I missed BL this week :(

Ruth, glad your water is ok. Good going on joining the wellness center! :cp:

Hi :wave: everyone.
~Jen

Jen,
Was the first message a rough draft? :lol: Just kidding.
That is funny about Bob having the same name as your dad.

Ruth,
Happy birthday to your daughter. :hb:
That is cool you joined the Wellness Center. I love mine.
Enjoy!

Bruce went to Fl. 2 weeks ago and told us he was flying home as usual. He even called from the "airport." We needed a 4th car in a big way. When he came home he told Bradley to get his suitcase from the driveway. He found a 96' Mazda Miata convertible for $3,500. It was a great deal. This will be Bruce's car. The boys get the 97' truck. We didn't have any car payments so he went ahead and went for it. Britts gets the camaro (96') until she buys her own car. Then it is mine. I drive the 97' conversion van. All our cars are about the same age. :lol: It is dark blue and tan.
Have a great weekend.
Terri

short & sassy
12-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Terri, super neat!! I would love to have found my grandson something like that...or an old Fiero! Instead he will be driving a 91 Jeep Cherokee. Providing he goes to work to pay for insurance and gas! Currently Maurice and I are driving new, which we never could do when we were younger! Now I can't wait to have them paid for!!! I think I'm over the brand new car bug!!!

I'm going tomorrow for water aerobics and perhaps I can get a small workout in. My appointment for my assessment that sets me up with exercises that will benefit what I want to do isn't until Tuesday. I can't wait...my goal for the gym is to 1. Lose inches (so my clothes fit better) 2. build muscle (because muscle burns calories) 3. Better health (lower blood pressure) and
4. Lose weight (icing on the cake).

I'm really looking forward to this...I have two co-workers that belong to the wellness center and one of my friends that I graduated with in 2005 is also a member. So...maybe we can motivate each other!!!

Love you guys, I have to get back to work. Have a good weekend.

dpadro
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Hi everyone:

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Ruthie, in answer to special plans......well.... not exactly. Unfortunately, my husband of almost 25 years (30 together) totally forgot my birthday:( Can you believe it? It was 9:00 p.m. last night when we walked in the door and he played our messages. One was from my best friend wishing me happy birthday. Well, you should have seen his face:o

I was upset but in his defense, he has been having some problems with high blood pressure at the same time that I've been having this diabetes problem and he has been very concerned, etc. so I guess I can forgive him. The funny thing is when he realized he forgot, he said "you should have reminded me":devil: Well, I won't even tell you what I said to that. Anyway, he's making up for it tonight - he's picking me up at work and we're going to dinner and a show.

Terri - your sons must be happy to be getting Dad's car.

Hi Jen, Es (how are you?), ZoeGirl and Sandy.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Hugs,
Dianne

AWW Dianne,
I guess they can't be perfect all the time. I know he felt bad. I have forgotten to say Happy Birthday a few times and remembered after I got to work. I had a gift and a card but on the actual day it slipped my mind. I felt so bad.
I hope his BP problems get resolved. I hate getting older what with all the health problems. I started getting high blood pressure last yr. with all my mouth pain. I haven't had a problem since going to the gym.

Ruth,
We bought a new car in 1983 before we moved to Florida. That was the last new car we ever got. Bruce has this buying used cars down to a science.
I have a picture of the miata in my SP photo gallery.

Brandon is having band practice tomorrow in the garage. I am going to a craft show thank God. :lol: To loud for me.
Have a great weekend you guys.

Es, We love you. '
Terri

Jenny523
12-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Dianne, that's not like Willie at all...shows how the health issues can affect us in every way. I'm sure he felt terrible when he realized!

Terri, they must be thrilled with their new wheels! I drove a conversion van for years...in Chicago..could parallel park it in seconds :lol: Then I switched to a Corolla, what a shock. Now I drive a Highlander and love it. Can't get into a low vehicle any longer cause of my knees. Don't know what happened to my first post previously, then couldn't remember what I said originally!

Ruth, belated Happy Birthday to your daughter! It'll be good for you to have exercise buddies, should make all the difference, right?

Es, you went back to work this week, didn't you? Hope each day is better, you are in my prayers. :hug:

Matthew slipped on some ice on a sidewalk while walking home from school on Thursday and had a bad gash on his knee. The crossing guard was nearby, she called 911, he ended up being transported in an ambulance to the ER...where he received 18 stitches in his knee. He was very brave (he's 8 now) and says he's fine....he said it only hurt when the dr. numbed it for stitching. :( my poor little guy.

have a great weekend,
~Jen

Poor baby. I hope he is ok. I can't believe he is 8.
I know he is getting alot of attention.
Love you!!!
Terri

short & sassy
12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey everyone, just a quick note! I'm off to the gym...FINALLY. Maybe this will get me going back in the right direction! I'm up into the 170's again!!! and I'm determined to get back into the 160's!

short & sassy
12-17-2008, 09:02 AM
Good morning ladies, just a quick hello before I start getting ready for work. I hope everyone is staying warm....it's even been cold here in the deep south!

I've been to the gym twice this week. Once for a fitness assessment and yesterdaythe trainer went over the different cardio equipment. I really think I'll like the ellipitical machine. I really would recommend that you join a wellness center if you have one in your area.

Well, got a go get ready for work.

Talk to you later. Oh, YEAH MICHELLE on Biggest Loser!!!

dpadro
12-17-2008, 10:24 AM
YAY Michelle, The Biggest Loser! :carrot: So happy she won! I had hoped Philip's wife would have won the $100,000, especially against Heba - that would have been true justice, lol! I did notice at one point that Heba was hugging Phil, that was a surprise. Anyway, sooooooooo glad that nasty Vicky did not win.

Jen - Hope your grandson is okay, poor baby.

I'm on vacation until Jan. 5th!! Hope to finish up Christmas shopping this week, quite late, but oh well. I'm doing well diabetes wise, my numbers have come down, thank God.

How is everyone doing? Busy, busy, I'm sure.

Ruthie, good for you with the exercising. I have a gym near me called Planet Fitness and it costs only $10 per month and $10 annual fee. Its great, it has tons of machines and I think its really cheap. I've been going more now since diabetics must exercise.

Es, amiga, how are you doing? I know this holiday season is hard. We love you and you are in my prayers daily.

Hi to everyone :wave:

Be back soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

Ruth,
Congrats. Love the wellness Center. Glad you joned.
YEA Michelle! That was awesome. I wish Amy would have won the at home.
Heba would have won had she not been voted off. Hey if you are mean you pay the price. She saw herself. She regrets it now.
Love you guys,
Terri

short & sassy
12-17-2008, 11:26 AM
I think that maybe this was an eye opener for Heba and Ed. I have a feeling that they are really decent people that got caught up in the game once they befriended Vicky and Brady! Last nights show was the most motivational of the season and I can't wait til January!!

I think they are ok. ED is nicer of the two. Heba is a little drama queen that is used to getting her way. This may have humbled her a little. I'll bet she is so upset today. The percentages showed that she would have won the whole thing had America voted for her. I don't think Vicky will be able to keep up the lifestyle she has now that the contest is over. I am afraid she will gain it back. 4:00 A.M. to exercise and work and gym after and get home at 9:00 P.M.? The motivation for that was the money and now we'll see.
I am so glad they didn't win any money.
How about Amy and Phil? They looked amazing.
TTYK,
Terri

short & sassy
12-17-2008, 02:22 PM
I think most of them looked great. It was really motivational last night (no drama), especially since I'm going to the gym now. If I can do half of what they have done, I'd be happy!!

Well, do you want to enter a Valentine challenge with me. We are still both at the same weight...I weighed 173 this morning...I'd like to drop 15 lbs by February 15. I started today with using the nutrition tracker on sparkpeople and will start using the fitness tracker tonight after the gym! Anyone else want to join us??

Es...I hope you are okay...have you gone back to work? Love ya.

Hey Diane, glad to hear that the sugar is down! I know that had to be scary! It was so exciting hearing how those that came to biggest loser with diabetes and high blood pressure were no longer on medicine!!!

Jen, how is the grandbaby! I hope he is better by now.

Better get back to work!
Ruthie

I would love to join a challenge with you. I will actually start when I get back from Ohio. I only have sparse internet there. Neither house has wireless so if we don't pick up a signal from a neighbor then we get nothing. 15 by Feb. 14. count me in.
I am going to join classes at the Wellness Center this Jan. I never had the nerve but I am goiing to join all the enemities. I love the fitness tracker.

Dianne,
I am so glad your numbers are going down.

Terri

short & sassy
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM
15 lbs it is!

Jenny523
12-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Terri,
I think you're probably in Ohio by now...hope you have a safe trip. Merry Christmas to you, Bruce, Britts, Brandon and Bradley!

Ruth,
A great big thanks goes out to you for being so consistent with your posts...I know that if I visit here, there's a fresh post from you, motivating us all!

Diane, Es, Zoe and Sandy,
Thinking of you all....you all mean so much to me. I hope you all are with those you love and have a contented, safe holiday.

Es, special hugs to you...please know that I think of you and pray for you every single day.

My sister Kathie is coming up tomorrow from Arkansas to spend Christmas with all of us. She said she does not feel great (had chemo last week), but said this will probably be her last Christmas and does not want to miss being with her family. We are thrilled beyond belief....she has not been up for Christmas for 7 years. She will be at my brother's house with all 30 of us.

If I can't get back here, I'd like to wish you all a
very Merry Christmas and an happy, healthy, New Year.
Love you all,
Jen

dpadro
12-23-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi Jen - Your sister is an amazing woman - she has such strenght and courage - God Bless her. I know you will enjoy this time with her.

Terri, Ruthie, ZoeGirl - Merry Christmas to all of you and your families - I wish you all the bestest Christmas ever!

Es, always thinking of you sweetie. I wish you much peace. God bless you!

We will have Christmas Eve here as usual - about 35 assorted daughters/husbands, son/wives, grandchildren, family friends and the newest addition - Gianna Rose - this is her first Christmas so it will be special for all of us. She is the sweetest baby - I'm crazy about her, lol. When her mom calls me and says are you and papa doing anything tonight, I say, nope, nothing, absolutely nothing! Cause I know she wants us to babysit, lol. I NEVER say no. She cracks us up and she's too smart for words, lol.

In case I don't get back MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL and to ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!! Love you guys!

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
12-25-2008, 04:11 PM
MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES

short & sassy
12-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Hello,

I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays. Today, Maurice is back at work...I plan to go to the gym and then I'll probably run over to my mother-in-law's to help her son and my sister-in-law take her to a nursing home. Her health has started deterioriating. We have an issue of her soiling herself and unfortunately the arthritis makes it impossible for her to clean herself up.

Well, I will talk to you ladies later. Take care!

Essie, I hope you are okay, you are constantly in my prayers.

Jenny523
12-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Well, I missed getting in here to send Christms greetings to all of you...so...
Happy Holidays!!!

Kathie didn't make it up after all. The storm passing through was so dangerous, the driver said he didn't want to take the chance as the roads were too icy. She was very disappointed, as were all of us, but obviously safety comes first. That's the problem with winter trips.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas.
love,
~Jen

Merry Christmas!!!!!We are at my MIL's and they get internet service somehow. I am taking advantage.
We had a nice time and last night we went to see Marley and Me. OMG. We cried all the way home.
Jen,
Your sister sounds special. I am sure you will make many memories. Lots of pictures. She sounds so brave.

Dianne,
That sounds so nice. Enjoy her.

Ruth,
Good luck with your MIL. That is sad.

Hope I can log in again. Have a wonderful New Years!!!!

Love you ES!
Terri

dpadro
12-31-2008, 12:05 PM
Hi my friends - In case I don't get in here by tomorrow:

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

What's everyone doing? We will go right next door to Darren & Lizette's house -we'll play some games and watch the ball drop. Nice and quiet (my kind of New Year's eve, lol). Lisa, Michael & family (including Gianna Rose) will join us. Alana and Sal have decided to stay home.

Enjoy the start of 2009!

love you guys,

Dianne

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

I'll talk to you when I get home.
LOVE,
TERRI

short & sassy
12-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Happy New Years!

Hey ladies, just a quiet night at home for Maurice and I. Hope everyone stays safe tonight!

Jenny523
01-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Happy New Year!

Joe and I spent New Year's Eve at home, a nice quiet evening...which seems to be the trend this year. Everyone I know did the same.

A happy and healthy 2009 to all.

~Jen

Bruce and I stayed at my mom's with my sister and BIL and the kids. The first time. We got pizza, wings and played cards. It was so nice.
Went outside and watched the few neighbors that I heard about the last 20years set off fireworks. My kids have stayed with my mom since they were born on New Years Eve while we always made plans with family and friends. They tell me every year about these fireworks and they were so excited that I was going to finally see them.
I LOVED staying home.
Love you guys.
Terri

Zoe
01-03-2009, 12:43 PM
Hello my Wonderful Friends ~

Can you believe that I am saying Happy Thanksgiving :thanks1:, Merry Christmas :wreath:, and Happy New Year :newyear:all in ONE post????

It's been weeks and weeks since I've been online. Life has been so crazy (again!) and my December was one to erase so I can start over. Once Thanksgiving was over, I was scrambling to get ready for our vacation. We went on an 8 day cruise December 6th - 14th. That was mistake #1. (Note to self: NEVER, EVER take a vacation in December again!!)

Christmas time here is BIG. We decorate BIG, we entertain BIG and we have an annual Christmas party here at our house - we've had one the last 9 years. So I thought, this year, no party......and I went through November thinking I was going to skip it this year. I mean, what with the cruise taking up 8 days of my prep time, not to mention the time before and after to get ready, then recuperate, there was no way I could do it. We have upwards in the number of 75 people each year. So no party. I need the extra time for other things. Then, out of what I now call stupidity, ignorance, and insanity, I decide that we WILL have the party. I decide on Friday, Dec. 19th. Remember, I got back from our cruise on Sunday, 12/14. So I decided that we would have the party but cut back on the guest list. I mean, there were people invited each year that I just wasn't all that friendly with. Nine years ago, when we had our first party, I just wanted "bodies". Now I just want "friends". So the guest list went from about 75 to 45. Woo Hoo!! But I had to plan it and prep it between 12/14 & 12/19 - all this while working my regular job. <Sigh>

Sorry for that long ramble........the party was a success but the house is STILL decorated (we're having our last holiday company tonight so I needed to keep it up), the cleaning girl hasn't come since 12/19 due to all the Christmas decorations, and I went back to WW today for the first time since a week before my cruise.......(that was an awakening. Did you's guys hear me screaming??)

That brings me to 2009......I do not make resolutions. I used to, years ago. But I never followed through with them. Making a resolution to do something, then not doing it - to me is worse than not making one at all.

2009 is different. It’s GOING TO BE different. I’ve decided to make a resolution. Not just 1, not even 2……..quite a few. I’ve gotten a journal and I wrote my thoughts down for the New Year. I also listed my “resolutions”. I’m up to 8. Now, I know what y’all are thinking……if she can’t keep ONE stinkin' resolution, how will she keep EIGHT?? I am trying to make some changes in my life. Some big and some small.

1. Stop Procrastinating. This is my biggest fault and one that I will try to change about myself over this next year.

2. Lose this weight. I want to be like the TV commercial where she says “for the first time in my life, losing weight is not on my mind for the New Year”.

3. Exercise. You all KNOW how much I hate the “E” word. But a funny thing happened on my cruise. I went to the gym quite a few mornings and walked on the treadmill 2 miles each time. The first day, I felt GREAT! I mean, I was actually thinking that I could go back and do more. So I’m now a believer in “the more you exercise and release those endorphins, the more you want to do it and the better you feel”. It’s true. So we bought ourselves a treadmill for Christmas.

4. Create healthier eating habits. Sure, I can lose weight with WW points but am I eating healthy? Not really. Greg and I both are going to do this now.

5. Organize the house. I’m not all that unorganized but I want to get better.

6. Organize myself. I can be a little frazzled at times.

7. Spend less money on frivolous things. This really must include Rylea. I have no control when I am out and I see something for her. Curbing my spending on HER will help HER not to become a spoiled brat.

8. Finish getting rid of the rest of our debt so Greg can retire when he is ready.

I plan on adding to the list as I go but after I typed it here, they really don’t seem so difficult. The weight loss is still going to be my toughest challenge.

After going to WW today, I gained a considerable amount of weight over Thanksgiving, vacation and the Christmas holidays. What did I expect? I mean, if you continue to attend the meetings from November until the end of the year, you may gain some, yes....but not nearly as much as not going and not weighing in at all. This is lesson #1 that I learned this year.

OK, I’m finished with that. Even if you didn’t read all this gibberish above, I feel good. LOL

Jen - I hope Matthew is okay now, poor little thing. But you sound like he was a real trouper. WOW! 18 stitches!! Did it become a badge of courage for him? :)

Terri - That's really great that you found a good car. My "dream car" is in my garage and I never use it. Greg keeps telling me that I need to drive it or at least start it up now and then. I don't. :( I'm thinking of selling it. I think I could get close to 20k for it......a 1979 450sl Mercedes 2 seater convertible. I want it but I don't.....does that make any sense??

Ruth - Glad to hear that your pipes were okay. And WTG on getting back to the gym. As you may have read above, I am in "workout mode" right now....LOL.....

Dianne - :balloons::bday2you::balloons: Sorry that I missed your birthday. Hope you had a good day, even though a certain someone forgot. I'll bet he's tried to make it up to you. :D

Es - I hope and pray that you are doing well. I got your note and prayer card. Be strong my friend.

Well, I think I've rambled long enough. I hope you are all have a great New Year's weekend. I just KNOW that I will be showing a good loss next week when I weigh in.

OH - the Valentine's Day Challenge....I want in. Do you want us to just post what we'll like to lose by then? I want to be 15 lbs lighter. I know that's a lot but I think I can do it.

Talk to you's later....love you all!!

dpadro
01-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone:

ZoeGirl: I thought I heard a familiar scream, lol!!! Well, I'm sure you enjoyed your cruise and your last minute holiday party (brave of you, lol!). You'll get back on track now that the new year is here - like your resolutions.

I went shopping with some gift cards I got for Christmas. Bought two new skirts and they are size 10, however when I put one on to come to work this morning, the waist is already loose! I knew I had lost more weight then when I reached goal, and I'm grateful, but I'm a little worried that it has to do with the medication I'm taking for diabetes. Darren, my step-son was taking the same medication and he lost a lot of weight. Its funny, but at the time he lost the weight, I jokingly said, can I get some of that medication! Who knew! Anyway, it could also be the fact that I've stopped eating lots of cakes, etc. too. I'll see how it goes. I like being a 10, but not sure I want to go to size 8 (haven't been there is 25 years :o) 'cause I tend to get a skinny face and start looking drawn. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hi Jen, Es (how are you amiga?), Ruthie and Terri. Hope you are all doing well. Will talk to you's soon. New TBL tonight!

Hugs,
Dianne

short & sassy
01-13-2009, 08:19 AM
Hello girls,

How is everyone?

Zoe, I need to copy some of your goals for the coming year. I only had one item on my list...get more sleep. I have a bad habit of staying up until 11:30 or later...now I'm trying to get to bed by 10:30 during the weeknights. Maybe in time I won't feel as sluggish during the day!

Terri, where are you? Of course, I haven't been posting much myself I'm trying to get motivated some. Seems I'm swamped at work and my overall mood is ho-hum!

Diane, wow, you are smaller than you thought! I imagine it is due to the change of eating habits now that you are trying to control your blood sugar! I'd love to be a size eight, how tall are you?

Essie, love you girl...we are thinking of you!

Jen, we did the same for New Years. Of course, we have never been much on partying!

Well, I've got to hop in the shower and get ready for work. Have a good week everyone!

Ruth,
I am here.
Hope your mood gets uplifted soon. Winter can do that.

Zoe,
Great goals. I am still going toward mine. I am very motivated right now. I am really enjoying the good food. I am so sick of the bad stuff.
I am saving my cheat day for the Super Bowl. I hope the Steelers are in it but if not I will still eat. LOL

Dianne,
Congrats on size 10. ENJOY!

Es
Love you. (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Terri

Jenny523
02-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Oh my gosh....a new month and where is everyone?

We leave on Friday for our cruise! :eek: We'll fly into New Orleans on Friday morning, spend two days, and then board NCL's Spirit and sail on Sunday afternoon....to Belize, Guatemala and Cozumel, for 7 days. We're going with my brother and his wife, we've travelled together before and always have a wonderful time.
I'm freaking out, our first cruise! And I'm thrilled to be in N.O. again,one of my favorite places. It's been 10 years since we've been there.

I'm going back to WW on Monday, February 16th. I really do need the support the meetings offer. I've been telling myself for the last couple of years that I won't pay them for what I should be able to do on my own. But it's not working and I'm facing facts.

Joe will celebrate his 57th birthday while we're cruising. Today we're having the kids over to celebrate, for lunch..then they'll head back to their own homes for SuperBowl tonight.

How is everyone? Es, thinking of you and hope you're okay.:hug:
Terri! SuperBowl Steelers go all the way :crossed: Have fun today.
Diane, Zoe, Ruthie, HI :wave:

love,
Jen

HAVE FUN JEN! That is awesome!!! You will have so much fun.

OK I held it in long enough!!!!!!!
MY STEELERS WON the SUPER BOWL and what a win!

6 Lombardi trophies. It is a record. We went past Dallas and San Francisco.

Terri

short & sassy
02-04-2009, 10:00 PM
Jen, have a wonderful cruise and tell Joe that I wish him a happy birthday!

I come in and check to see if anyone has posted, the traffic has been kinda slow here.
Super bowl was a great game. We don't watch much football but we did enjoy that game.

I've been hitting the gym for a week now. I'm hoping the effort will be apparent by the end of the month.

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a great week.

dpadro
02-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Jen - Have a great time with Joe on your cruise - so exciting! :hb: to Joe, what a way to spend your birthday.

Hi everyone - hope you're all doing well.

I'll be back soon - running to Lisa's for Michael's 21st and his sister Alissa's
14th birthday party.

Hugs,
Dianne

Hi Everyone! How is everyone doing? I am doing pretty well.
I am back at the gym. This is a life long lifestyle isn't it?
That is what I will do. It is lifelong.
Hope everyone is well.
Es and David ((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))). Britts and I just love you.
Terri

short & sassy
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Hi ladies! Everything is good here, I have been working out at the gym for two weeks now. I haven't seen any major results but I do feel a lot better. Hope everyone has a good week and I'll check in on you girls later.

Sandancy
02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am finding my way back to the things I need and want to do. I hope I can be part of this circle of friends again. :val1:

My weight has been climbing this fall and winter and I am up to 205, while not at my peak(217), I know I am not being healthy if I don't do something positive.

I hope to get and give support with my buddies here!

Hugs to you all,
Sandy

Hi Sandy,
We miss you. Glad you are back. Remember we can do this.
How are things? Catch us up. We should all catch everyone up.
Terri

dpadro
02-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi Sandy, welcome back - its good to "see ya".

Its been a little slow around here lately. Hope everyone comes back soon. Don't want us falling apart after so many years together.:hug:

Was in a bit of a tv situation today - went to the bank and while I was there the police came in, locked the doors and said we all had to stay until they got our names :yikes:! They wouldn't tell us what was going on but I heard one teller say that "so and so is in the back shaking and hysterical". So, I think maybe someone tried to rob the bank and got out before the police came. So, I calmly called my boss and told her I was stuck in the bank and would be back when I could. It didn't take too long thank goodness. Guess that was my excitment for the weekend, lol.

We are celebrating Alana's husband, Sal's birthday on Sunday and on Monday they leave for Cancun for spring break. One of their student's moms gave them a first class ticket and an all inclusive paid vacation at a resort. That was their Christmas present. Yipes, I'm in the wrong school, lol. So, Sal will actually spend his birthday on the beach, isn't that cool?

So, how is everyone doing? I miss you guys. I'm still losing with the Diabetes meds and my size 10's are loose, I know........poor me, boo-hoo, lol, I just don't want to waste away!

Well, hope everyone comes out to play soon - have a great, long weekend.

Miss you all (Es, :hug: thinking of you always).

Hugs,
Dianne

Sandancy
02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi Terri and Diane,

It is quiet here! But I think we all have an attachment and will always come back for the friendship and support.
I was already to get started on WW again, but had a very weird experience last night. I had fallen asleep on the couch watching tv with Mike. He had gone off to bed and when I woke up at about 11:30. I felt as if I had an awful stomach bug that came out of nowhere. I went to the bathroom and promptly fainted and fell on the floor. I have never passed out in my entire life. Anyway I had hit my head on the baseboard heater then woke up and threw-up, yuck! When I felt strong enough, I got Mike up and off we went to the emergency room. We didn't come home until 6:30AM. I had a 2 inch gash on the back of my head which the doctor fixed with staples. They checked me out for heart trouble, but just decided it was a "Vasalvagal incident". We are both just taking it easy at home today.

I am looking forward to some normalcy tomorrow. I would love to catch up with everyone, and tell you about all my guys.

But bye for now, I need some recovery time,
Hugs!
Sandy

dpadro
02-17-2009, 03:05 PM
:yikes: Sandy - that's awful. Please take care of yourself - more important than ww right now.

Jen - are you back from your cruise - was it amazing??? I know you guys must have had a great time.

Alana & Sal left for Cancun yesterday - they went to an all inclusive resort for 5 days. It was a present from one of their student's mom.

Hope everyone is well.

Hugs to everyone :grouphug:
Dianne

Jenny523
02-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi everyone,
We returned home on Sunday evening from an absolutely wonderful trip.
2 days in New Orleans, then we boarded the ship from there and headed to Costa Maya (Mexico) and celebrated Joe's birthday on the beach, along with a fabulous dinner at the French restaurant on the ship that evening, then on to Guatemala, Belize, and Cozumel for 7 hot, sunny, gorgeous days.
It was just what we needed, no work, no worries! We had a great time with my brother and his wife, who is like a sister.
And we discovered we LOVE cruising and plan to take another in 2 years for our 40th anniversary....just haven't decided where to go yet.

Dianne, that bank incident must have been unsettling, to say the least. Glad you were ok and not harmed. Wow, Sal and Alana really received a generous gift! Is that the norm where they teach? So are you taking oral meds for the diabetes or do you have injections? When my Dad was diagnosed and went on injections, he lost a great deal of weight. Stay healthy!

Terri and Ruth, you are both doing so well in sticking with going to the gym. :cp: You make a couch potato like me actually think about exercising! :rofl: Seriously, way to go :strong:

Sandy, what a nice surprise to see your post! I've missed you. But then to read of your incident...geez, what a scare that must have been. Is there an explanation for it? How are you feeling since then? Please stick around and post!

Es, I think of you every day. I hope things are going okay for you and David. Stop in and say Hi when you can, ok? :hug:

My sister Kathie is currently undergoing radiation on her back for pain management, as well as being on morphine. The cancer is too aggressive and the drs. let her know that they're discontinuing both chemo and radiation, as it will no longer help her. Her daughters are making arrangements for her to come up to Chicagoland to stay. There are no further details right now as it's all in the planning stages. Please keep her in your prayers.

I have bitten the bullet, am making another fresh start, am wiping the slate clean, am turning over a new leaf..and whatever other saying implicates a new beginning...
joined WW and am going to my first meeting tomorrow.

Wish me luck and the perseverance to stick with it. I can't stand the feeling of being out of control, and am hoping that going back on program will help me feel as tho I have some (control) again.
love you all,
Jen

Jenny523
02-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Day 3 of being back on program and I'm already feeling a difference...both in how I feel physically and mentally. One day at a time.

Have a great week!
~Jen

Sandancy
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi Ladies,

It seems funny, but my bonk on the head really cheered me up. I had the winter doldrums, but finding out that it was not caused by anything serious, made me take stock and count my blessings. So, I have been in a good mood despite the staples. I will be getting them out this Thursday.

Diane,
The bank situation sounded potentially very scary, glad it wasn't too much of a tv drama or a safety issue for you and the others. I can only dream about going to Cancun, hope that Alana and Sal have a great time!

Jen,
So glad you had a great cruise. It sounds as if you came back energized and really ready for WW.
I just wanted to say that your sister will be in my prayers, keep us posted as to what is happening.

Teri, I know a long time had passed since the Superbowl, but I just wanted to say that was a great game!

Now to catch up a bit:
I have been working part time this year at my church as the volunteer coordinator. We have been going to the same church for over 20 years, and I have the sense that I was hand-picked by our minister as a good candidate for the job. I know the place inside and out and it is fun to get to know the new people and to match them to their interests. I finished my 6th course this fall so now I have a certificate in web design, but I am wondering with this economy about a full time job search. In the long run we will need more income than I can make at the church. I am taking my time about it since my mom's cancer has spread to her lungs. She is doing ok so far, but all they are offering her medically is palliative care, no more treatments. I try to do as much as I can without hovering. My sister and my 2 brothers help too, but I am the closest and most available.

The guys are all fine. Dave is working/learning to be a behavioral therapist with kids who have Asperger's syndrome. Greg is a senior at Univ. of Mass. They both are doing comedy at night, Dave - Improv, Greg- Sketch group. They are both dating really nice young women. We have gotten to know both of them and really enjoy it when they spend time here. Mike, is enjoying his job, and just grateful to have one!

Es, Both you and Dave are in my thoughts and prayers, my heart goes out to you for your loss.

:grouphug:
Sandy

Jenny523
02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Sandy,
I was sorry to hear of your Mom's condition. I would imagine it is a stressful situation for all concerned...being the closest/most available must certainly put an extra burden on you. I'm glad you can tackle the situation now and worry about working full time later. She needs you now, but you know that. My prayers are with you all.
Glad to hear the guys are doing well. Perhaps we'll see them in the media one day? :D

Taking one day at a time...so far so good.
~Jen

Jenny523
02-26-2009, 10:03 PM
See you on #8!!!!