General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/155/125

Height: 5'4

Default Former Fat Girl and Trouble with Dating?

Hi there. I have been lurking here and there on the forum. But I have been dying to ask this question. I feel as if I am the only one out there. I remember reading somewhere of someone else having trouble dating because of the mental blocks with being a former fat girl and always seeing yourself as a fat and undesirable no matter how much weight you lost. I am always amazed at why men would be interested in me because of this. At the same time I say that they don't like me because I am too fat. Sorry if this has been brought up before in another thread. Are there others that might feel this way?
milkshake123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/226/165

Height: 5'10"

I definitely have felt this way--still do, actually. Guys pretty much have to hit me over the head with the fact that they are hitting on me because otherwise I just assume that I'm too fat to be interested in. And the thing is, I'm actually pretty! But no matter what I really look like, I still see myself as the ugly 240-lb me.

Someday my mind will catch up with my body. That's the hope, anyway.
KendraLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

you are certainly not alone. I feel this way too. Something I'm trying to work on....I guess I have a feeling of if I'm not comfortable with my body, how can I expect anyone else to be? It sucks, cause it sucks wanting to be with someone, but not wanting to be at the same time...
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

I think this is a pretty normal thing actually. It takes a while for your mind to understand you are no longer the "fat girl" anymore.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 11:32 PM   #5  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Yeah, I get this too...men are giving me more attention now that I've lost some weight, and I'm finding it hard to get used to.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote