WW Clubs and Groups - #208: Bale of Turtles Looking Ahead!

Itryharder
11-29-2008, 10:19 AM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
11-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Turtles,
We had a lovely Thanksgiving. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm up a few pounds, but I think much of that is the salt effect and I am confident that if I track and eat correctly today I'll be back to a good weight.

How was Thanksgiving? Did you all have a good time with family and friends?
Judy

bandit2
12-01-2008, 10:51 AM
Morning, turtles:

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed yourself with family/friends and are now all back on track.

I was down 3# last Wed at my Tops meeting so was very happy with that.
I received a certificate for having 6 weekly losses in a row, so that was a surprise. But, this week I have my company dinner tomorrow and didn't do great over the past weekend. But back on track as of yesterday, so hope not too much damage was done.

Have a great week, everyone!

Itryharder
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Holy Moly Bandit,
You are doing great!!!!! Give us some tips to help us be successful too.
Judy

bandit2
12-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Hi Judy - thanks for the congrats.

I am basically doing what I did before except doing it EVERYDAY.

I journal faithfully, pack up what food/snacks I need until I return home & when eating out - plan ahead. Thats about it.

As far as exercise, I have been doing abit of swimming and once I drop a few more lbs need to make excercising more of a regular thing.

As well, all the support from you & all the other turtles really helps me stay focussed. I found the change I needed at Tops & hope to stay motivated.

Hope all you turtles are back on track!!

Ariana2000
12-01-2008, 11:44 PM
::wave:: Hi ladies. How is everyone? My thanksgiving was okay. Not great. Had to work about 9 hours. And family issues. And I was so good all thanksgiving day and then fell on my face, points-wise at dinner. And then again on Saturday.

::sigh::

On the other hand work just too a bunch of stuff off my plate and a lot of pressure off me. So I worked out to celebrate. :) Sounds crazy, but my god did I need it!

Hope you all are well. :)

Judy: you will get back on track. Just salt and a little bit of holidays. But you can knock it.

Bandit: you are doing so well. Congrats! ;)

You ladies are definitely encouraging me tonight. :)

Ariana2000
12-02-2008, 10:08 PM
:wave: Hello again ladies! I am back on track. :D I went to the gym again tonight. I'd forgotten how good that feels (after you're done that is. :P) Counted points today, on track. How is everyone else?

Princess1122
12-03-2008, 07:46 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday. DH and I came down with the flu on Thanksgiving and we are both still struggling with it, I am managing to get to work but that is about it... not even counting points at this point, I am just trying to get through this. I did not get to W/I on Saturday, I could barely get out of bed all weekend so it just did not seem important. I did not do well with my eating over the holiday, just basically ate what looked good and I know the scale will show that this Saturday but right now I just don't care that much.

Hope all is well with everyone, I just wanted to stop by and say hello.
Princess

LaurenH
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
Hello, turtle ones.

I had a good Thanksgiving, just followed my plan as usual and had a couple of bites of stuffing. I was surprised how satisfied I was with just a couple of bites. Anyway, I made personal history and actually lost a pound over Thanksgiving! That's never happened before. So I'm pleased.

I really want the weight loss more than anything, even more than tasty holiday foods. My heart's desire right now is to get into the 180s by the end of the year. Four more pounds -- it's possible!

Princess, hope you feel better soon.

Ariana, hooray on the gym visit! Very inspirational.

Bandit, woo-hoo! Way to go! And I agree -- the big key to success is commitment *every day.* When I was just doing this sporadically, I would get so frustrated. It's only when I do it every day, all day, that I truly see results. It's worth it!

Have a lovely week, ladies.

bandit2
12-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Morning, turtles:

Ariana - great job on getting back to gym & counting points, that must make you really feel good. Keep it up!

Princess - Nice to hear from you but so sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon & take care of yourself and just do what you can to get better.
You have done so well in the past, you will bounce right back.

Lauren - Weigh to go with your weight loss and keep everything under control throughout the holiday. That is awesome - you go, girl!

As for myself, I was down .25# this week and managed to be Biggest Loser with my 3# from last week. And was Biggest Loser for month of November with a total loss of 7.75#. So was very happy with that.

This week I will try and do better over the weekend. Last weekend was not good plus my company dinner Tuesday evening. We all have so many temptations over the holidays - but good choices will help us through.

Judy - how are you doing this week?

Everyone have a great OP day!

Itryharder
12-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Hi Turtles,
You are an inspiring group!!!
Ariana, the holidays can be tough, but :bravo: to you for getting to the gym to exercise. :tread: is the weigh to go!! Congrats. And thanks for writing even if things aren't exactly spiffy at times, because I can really relate to that and I love how you picked yourself up.

Bandit, thanks for the tips. I love that you are living what we are supposed to do! :bravo: and :clap: for being the biggest loser again. You are doing great! Thanks for emphasizing the daily commitment and the 24/7 aspect of this. That's making a huge difference in your success and is an inspiration to me.

Lauren, holy moly!!!! You lost a pound over Thanksgiving? That is amazing to me. Weigh to go! You are so close to the 180's. :bravo: :cheer: I love it when you chime in. You're an inspiration to me.

Princess, what you are going through right now is not fun. I'm sorry you caught the flu at Thanksgiving. I know this will turn around for you and you'll be flying high as you have in the past. In the meantime, :goodvibes: for seeing your way through this. For posting and letting us know how you're doing, you're an inspiration to me!

Thanksgiving wasn't bad, but then my dh went into a funk because of some family matters and I let myself get dragged down. I ate too much to get out of the funk==and you all know just what a good idea that is! So, my WI was up at WW's, but I am determined to do better this week. So far, so good. I also got on the treadmill this morning and that's the first time I've done that in ages.

In a completely different vein, last night I made a yummy dinner. I microwaved a spaghetti squash, cooked up a little chopped lean sirloin, added some leftover spaghetti sauce to it. Then I "forked" the spaghetti squash, gave myself a huge portion, topped it with the meat sauce and put a dollop of ff sour cream on top and mixed it all in. Truth be told, it was yummy and not more than 5 points. Yay! :chef: I have a recipe for a 2-3point pie made from spaghetti squash and coconut extract. I'll be glad to post it if you'd like to see it. Just a warning, it's turning into a redlight food for me. Now that's ridiculous, but it is.

Gotta run and get some stuff done. Good luck to us all. Let's drink our water and exercise and use portion control! :hug:
Judy

LaurenH
12-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Another Biggest Loser award! Excellent, Bandit!

Judy, that spaghetti squash recipe sounds delicious. I would never have thought of adding the sour cream. What time are you serving dinner??

Well, that **WHOMP** you just heard was another 1.5 pounds that dropped off me this week. Whoa. So the weight loss was even better than I expected. Granted, this week and next are the two weeks of my cycle that I tend to lose the best. I'm very regular that way! It has really taught me the importance of not getting discouraged by looking at the scale. One's behavior will eventually show up there, good or bad!

I can see that 189 on the horizon now ...

Itryharder
12-04-2008, 03:59 PM
Lauren, Weigh to Go!!!!!! Downward and Onward!!!! :goodscale: Hey, I heard that whomp all the way here on the east coast.
Fantastic! You're doing it!
Judy

Ariana2000
12-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Hello ladies. :) I made it to the gym 3x this week, which is very unusual these last few rough weeks. :) :) :) Counting points even if I go over. Going to the movies and dinner tomorrow night with this guy I've been seeing. Making dinner for him Saturday night, a WW stir fry recipe (4 points I think), plus a salad, some fruit and sorbet + dark chocolate chips for desert (1/2c sorbet + 33 dark chocolate chips = 4 points.)

So tired. Gotta crash. But before I go...

Princess: so sorry you are sick. That's awful. And listen, about eating while you're sick, well, don't beat yourself up. Just get better, then pick yourself up and keep going. This little bumps are only failures if you let them stop you, otherwise they're just potholes in the road.

Lauren: Thanks for the kind words. :) And congratulations on your tremendous resolve and being so close to your goal, and your recent weight loss

Bandit: Thanks for the congrats. :) The working out especially makes me feel good. It reminds me of why I did it for so long. It's not great fun during, but after, the feeling is wonderful, that good tired, stress worked out and everything. :) Congrats on your biggest loser award. :)

Judy: Thanks for the encouragement. I really need it some days. And thanks for saying you're glad to hear from me even when times are bad. I worry sometimes, I do not want to drag you guys down with negativity. I am more forgiving of others than myself, so I'll try and remember my own advice, that it's more important to pick yourself back up and strategize than it is to beat yourself up for slipping. Thank you again. :) Also, do not beat yourself up about the Thanksgiving and family troubles you are here and posting and you keep going that's what matters, right? :) Oh and please do post the recipe. I am a recipe junkie.

Itryharder
12-05-2008, 08:43 AM
Okay--I'm warning you--this spaghetti squash pie (Mock Coconut Custard) is good. I kept going back to have more, that's me, and finally threw out the last quarter of this. With that in mind, here's the recipe. (Okay, I don't want anyone to make it, decide it's not really that good, and throw it at me.)

Spaghetti Squash Pie
2 cups spaghetti squash
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4t. vanilla extract
1/2t. coconut extract
1 cup ff milk
1/2 cup evaporated ff milk
2 eggs or 6 eggwhites (I used 1 egg and 3 eggwhites)

Cook squash ( I cut it in half, removed the loose strands and seeds and microwaved it in 1/2inch water)
Blend all other ingredients in blender.
Add 2 cups spaghetti squash after "forking" it into little strands
Blend in blender again
Pour into deep dish pie plate or 10 "casserole dish
Bake 350F. 45minutes-1hour
Test with knife
(I tried putting this into an 8" pie plate and it overflowed)
I recipe built this and made exactly this way, it points out at 2points for 1/8 slice.

The recipe sounds complicated but it is actually an incredibly easy pie to make. It tastes very much like a sweet coconut custard pie and is a good item for dessert.

Today I hopped on the scale and some weight is gone already! Now my dh and I are heading to NYC to see Wintuk--Cirque de Soleil. We've never seen a show of this type, so I am really expecting to have a good time.

Take care, be well, and drink that water!
Judy

bandit2
12-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Morning, ladies

Lauren - WOW nice weight loss, good for you

Ariana - You are doing great with all your exercise, and you are so right about feeling great after working out. I am proud of you for getting your butt over to the gym and for staying focussed on counting your points.
Big rewards are in store for you!

Judy - the pie sounds delish! Another recipe for me to try - I love trying new things, thanks.

My friend is coming tonight for dinner tonight since she couldn't make it last night. She is picking up some kind of fresh fish & I am making big salad & of course, wine. So pretty much healthy supper.

Weather got nasty last night - I was out for awhile & when I drove home the roads where so slippy I slid right past my driveway trying to turn even though I was going slow. There were no other cars around, so I was glad.
Bad enough when there is snow, but when it ices up very dangerous.

Anyway, have to finish decorating my tree today & pick up some fresh salad
things.

My goal is to do better over the weekend than last time.

Lets all have a really great week!

Princess1122
12-08-2008, 08:11 AM
Morning all and happy Monday. I went to W/I on Saturday and was down 1.8, much better then I expected so I will take it. Eating over the weekend was bad but I am on track for the rest of the week. DH holiday party was Saturday night and the food there was just plain no point friendly so that just kind of rolled into Sunday... But today is a new day.

I got my tree up on Sunday and the house is decorated, I also managed to get some shopping done so I don't feel so stressed about the upcoming holiday season.

I hope that all is well with everyone, Have a great day!
Princess

Itryharder
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Princess :goodscale: :bravo: :cheer: Weigh to go! You're doing an amazing job losing weight with all you're dealing with. Good for you! I'm glad you've got your tree up and decorations and some shopping done because that gives you a minute to catch your breath.

All goes well here. Wintuk at Madison Square Garden was a lot of fun. Then my dh and I went to see the tree at Rockefeller Centre and a couple of store windows. we had a WW friendly dinner at a sports bar near the MSG and it was delicious. Funny thing happened--my dh and I both ordered skirt steak, baked potato and salad. Well, I cut my steak in half and same with the potato. Oh-you are going to think I was soooooo virtuous since the potato was a small one to start with. My intention was to take home half of my dinner. Well, when I mentioned to dh that I was finished eating (forgot to say I was taking home the leftovers), he asked for the steak! Hysterical, so of course I gave it to him and while he was eating I nibbled on the piece of potato left. We caught the train home and had a wonderful day!

Next day my dds and one dsil and one dgrandson visited and stayed overnight. I ate more than I should have, but I tracked it all, got back on better track for Sunday with a veggie concoction for dinner that saved the day. Scale looked good this morning and I am eating very lightly today to try and lose some weight by WI on Wednesday. Wish me luck!

I'm sending good cheer to you all. Be well and happy. I'm heading to the kitchen for some water and then I'm going to exercise. Found a video of The Mummy and think that will be fun to walk to.
Judy

Ariana2000
12-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Hi ladies. No time to talk. Work has cranked up again. ::sigh:: I'll come back and catch up with you guys as soon as I can. In the meantime, thinking about you. :)

Itryharder
12-10-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi Turtles,
Well, I have good news from my WI at WW's. I am down 2.2# this week which puts me at almost the lowest weight I have been for these past four months. I have lost almost 20# since my start of WW's so long ago. (I had reached 25# down during these past years, but simply put back pounds as I've been going along.) The good news is I haven't given up and I'm still working WW's. So, I am pleased and determined to keep on going. I have not baked anything for Christmas yet, and won't be baking until the very last minute. I'm bringing a pecan pie to my daughter's gingerbread house making get together this Saturday, but I'm also bringing a pumpkin trifle that I can eat.

So, onward and downward. By the way, here in the states WW introduced a new program. It combines Core and Flex back into one program with an emphasis on eating more filling (old Core) foods so that when we see temptations, at least we are feeling full. I always think it's a good idea to shake things up, so I'll be trying this. I also got on the :tread: three times this week and I know that helps me a lot.

Good luck to us all. I'm wishing all our Turtles a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Judy
234.6/215.6/214 is my next short term goal (20# down!!!) :bravo:

Princess1122
12-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone. It is cold here today but no snow so that is a good thing. I will take snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas day though :D. I am still not feeling great, this cold just seems to not want to go away... that being said, I got on the scale the other day and it was way up again, I gave myself a huge shake and a strong talking to and got back on track with everything except the exercise. I am going to try and do my videos at home in the evening and see if that helps to get me going again. Even the walk away the pounds tapes would be better then what I am doing right now which is basically nothing.

Judy: Great Job! You are doing awesome, keep at it and you will blow past that 25# mark in no time at all!

Bandit: How are you doing up your way? Looks like there has been some snow activity up there lately.

Ariana: So sorry to hear that work is stressfull again, any news on next years budget yet? I am hanging tough here at my new job, still not a lot of work coming my way but the paychecks are so I keep my mouth shut and do what ever is asked of me.

Lauren: You are just melting away! Remind me again what plan you are doing?

My holiday shopping has slowed and I need to get back at it... How is everyone else doing with theirs?

Itryharder
12-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, thanks for the encouragement. I'm sorry your cold is lingering. Hey, have you ever tried Zycam--the holistic zinc based item available in drugstores? It works like a charm for me and shortens all my colds. My dds haven't had the success with it that I have had, so it may be an individual thing, but I think it's worth a try. As far as weight, it's great that you have your food back on track. Think positive! I think a tape might be a good idea for you to start back in slowly. You want to protect your back. Good luck because I know you can do this! You are very successful. :cheer:

Bandit, how's the weather and the girlfriend dinners? What is TOPS challenge for December? Keep on keepin' on. You're doing great! :bravo:

Lauren, I am so happy you found something you can do to shake up your weight loss, get back on track, and have such wonderful success! Good for you for trying something new. Has it been about a year now that you're on Zone? Weigh to go! :goodscale:

Ariana, Wow, you really are busy at work. Here's a :goodvibes: to sparkle your day. You can do this and you have been so successful. Keep on letting us know how you're doing!

I'm doing fine. Tried the Momentum program yesterday, made a veggie soup, ended up eating way too few points by eight o'clock at night--had a few things in the house and realized that I need to plan my meals better. Eating a zero points soup for lunch and dinner isn't smart! :chef: I'll do better today. Also, am heading out today to pick up my dear grandson at pre-K and think I'll bring dinner with me for my daughter. She can use the help. Working full time, threw out her back, and has a lingering sinusitis that is not fun!

Anyway--take care, think about drinking more water, get in some exercise, and track those points! (I'm mostly writing this to remind mysefl)
Judy
234.6/215.6/214 onward and downward to 20# down and heading to onederland! :cool:

bandit2
12-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - yes, we have been getting snow & right now everything is frozen but roads are clear, so am thankful for that. Yours tapes sound like a good idea to get things going and hope you are feeling better soon.

Judy - Great job on your weight loss! That is really good.
My gf is coming over Fri night this week & we are having seafood pasta for a change. Tops challenge right now is to get through holiday season with minimal damage at scales. I maintained this week so was happy with that since I had 2 Christmas get togethers this week & even though you try to be good you still end up having "little pieces of this & that" that soon add up to more than you bargained for. Next week is our final weigh in for the year, then we are off for 2 weeks then back at it in January.
That will be a big test for me not going to Tops for 2 weeks but will get meals pre-planned and try and stay focussed.

Hope everyone else is doing great. I made a veggie lasagna last night with eggplant & it turned out good, so have dinner all made for this evening.

Take care!

Princess1122
12-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Morning all and happy Friday to everyone. Well I got bad news yesterday, my recruiter called me and told me that the company that I have been assigned to is eliminating my position at the end of this month, trimming budgets and all of that. This truly blind sided me and filled me with frustration as it was not the terms that I accepted this contract on. So I am heading back to the unemployment line as of January 1st. Very very very frustrated by the whole thing. DH and I are trimming things back again, looking at where we can save additional funds to stay afloat for a while. I am keeping the faith that things will get better soon.

Bandit: Maintaining is great!

Judy: I am eager to go to W/I on Saturday and hear about the new plan.

I have to run but have a happy day all!

Itryharder
12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Princess, I really don't know what to say. I'm sending a :grouphug: and :goodvibes: because things have to turn around soon. I'm sorry about your job and the hope I see is that you interviewed so well that you got a job immediately and I think that will happen again. Good luck!
Judy

Princess1122
12-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Hi all, well I went to W/I this morning and was down 3.8 #'s, I was very pleased and I enjoyed the meeting since the leader went over the new plan. Not sure there is much new there other then sticking with real food and staying away from processed foods, junk foods, etc. Which seems logical and I am looking forward to getting into the material and seeing what I need to change, etc.

I am over the shock now for the most part, what will be is going to be rather I want it to or not so there is no sense getting myself sick over the whole mess. I am looking forward to a fresh start elsewhere :D

We had a major cookie bake-athon here today, my future DIL came down and we baked all day long. I did pretty good, tasted a few and moved on. I am tired tonight though, I have not been sleeping well again, stress I guess but I am heading to bed early tonight. I had purchased a taste of home cookie book a while back so we did some of the old favorites and picked out a few new ones to try and it was a fun but tiring day.

Judy: Thanks for the support, the whole thing is just getting old at this point but I am not the only one that is having an employment struggle that is for sure. I am blessed in so many other ways so I am trying to keep that in the forefront of my thoughts.

Have a great weekend!
Princess

Itryharder
12-15-2008, 10:39 AM
Hi Turtles,
Here's a :grouphug: and :goodvibes: for us all. Friendly support seems to mean even more at this time of year!

Princess, :goodscale: :bravo: :cp: :cloud9: :bubbles: and :balloons:
Wow! What a wonderful loss. Aren't you glad you came back to WW? This is such good news. I am so happy for you. Also weigh to go baking cookies with your future dil and having a good but tiring time and not eating more than a BLT. Weigh to go! This is a fabulous loss and keeps you in the direction you want to be.

Everyone: Have a good Monday, be well and happy and keep tracking those points!

Judy
234.6/215.6/214 and soon into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
12-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday to everyone. It is super cold here this week... I am ready for summer... LOL! Not much is new here really, just chugging along. Trying to get into the holiday spirit but it is just not in me this year. How is everyone else doing?

Have a happy day all!
Princess

bandit2
12-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi turtles:

Princess - awesome job on your weight loss this week!

It is cold up here as well, suppose to be getting snow tonight.
I have my potluck lunch here at work tomorrow, then my Tops dinner tomorrow night - so a day full of food. So much extra food & treats around this time of year. But, just have to try and be selective.

I have everything decorated now which helps get in the Christmas spirit, but still have shopping/wrapping to do.

Going to do my final shopping this weekend & that will give me a few days of not running around crazy & start enjoying watching movies and visiting.

Have a great day, turtles!

Itryharder
12-17-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Turtles,
Ariana and Lauren and Cherry, how are you? Busy busy time of the year!

Princess, so glad you've done well already on WW's. Weigh to go! :dancer:

Bandit, lots of eating opportunities this week for you. I know you know what to do and you'll get through this! It should be fun :balloons: and I bet you can still keep everything under control. You have done so well from early October and it does my heart good to see and watch your successful journey!

I weighed in this morning and lost .6# I'll take it. On my home scale I had lost a little better than that, but when I stay on track this week, I have a good chance to lose another pound before Christmas! I can do this. I had a couple of funks this week but recovered, cleared my head, and am back on track. I do need to work in exercise though because that helps me lose. Meeting was inspirational with one gal meeting her 10% difference. Our leader talked about all the good and delicious foods we might want to plan into our menus that are WW-friendly and still tasty. :chef: A way to fill up on veggies and a planned low cal dessert may be the way to go. I've gotta run, but am wishing everyone a good day.
Judy
234.6/215/214 (puts me at 20# down--I can do this!) :cool:

Princess1122
12-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Morning all and happy Friday to everyone! My eating this week has been bad, I wake up with good intentions but with all of the food in the office I have not been doing what I should be... giving in rather then staying strong... UGH.

Hope all is well with everyone, the holidays are getting close now!

Judy: Great job!

Princess

Itryharder
12-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Hi All,
Yes, the holidays are really close now. Hannukah starts today and Christmas Eve is staring us in the face. After doing really well for many days, I had a slip up that lasted for three days. However, I hopped on the scale this morning, I am up just a little which can be taken care of, and I'm on track again. Not bad!
My aim is to get this off with exercise, be very careful of what I eat, lost .5# this week (high hopes), and go into Christmas with care and 35 points to use to my heart's delight.
Good luck to us all. Remember all the good things we've learned this year and put them into practice. Have a healthy, holy holiday and God bless us all.
Judy
234.6/215/214 and onto onederland :cool:

bandit2
12-21-2008, 08:36 PM
Hi turtles:

Such a busy time for everyone but lots of fun as well.

My dinner & luncheon were really nice. But at my w/i I was up 1.4# & hoping that was just my big lunch. I am off from Tops until Jan 7th, so really have to be careful over the next couple of weeks, but still enjoy myself over the holidays.

We have sooooooooooo much snow, it is crazy & calling for more Tues evening. We have had snow the last 3 days & lots of it each time. Lots of exercise shovelling even with my neighbours help.

I still have a few things to pick up for Christmas but only a couple of stops to finish it all up. I wrapped all afternoon so that really helped.

Only 2 more days of work then I am off until Jan 5th. Nice break & looking forward to it.

Hope you all are coping with the weather & getting all your shopping done.

Take care!

Princess1122
12-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Afternoon all and happy Monday! Busy weekend for me, trying to get things done and unexpected company yesterday. I was trying to get some wrapping done last night when the power went out... ugh! It is sooooo cold here, we are at about 7 degrees today and it was below zero last night when we lost power. No power = no heat for us even with a gas furnace... it has an electric starter on it. So DH and I got some flashlights going and extra blankets out for us and the dogs and headed to bed. It went out at about 5:30 and did not come back on till about midnight... the house was super cold but once we were restored it heated up pretty quickly and all was well. Sure wish we had a fireplace during times like that. No snow really here but painfully cold. I skipped W/I this week, I was too chicken to get on the scale but will attempt it next weekend.

Take care everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
12-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi Turtles,
Looks like we're all trying our best. :goodvibes:

Bandit, enjoy your dinners out and activities. Merry Christmas! I bet Canada looks beautiful with all that snow. That slight weight gain was probably from lunch. Hey, use us here as your TOPS group until they meet again after the winter recess. Enjoy your time off. It's great to have a holiday after a holiday so you can recoup and regroup! :chef: for trying out new recipes.

Princess, I know what you mean about skipping WW's and that scale. I've done it plenty of times and sometimes it's just what I needed to get my head on straight and get back on track. Maybe after losing your electricity yesterday your body burned a lot of extra calories--it's just a thought. :idea:

I'm heading upstairs to check out my scale. I'm hoping it's good news. Today my dd just called and I will be bringing my grandson to school and picking him up afterward. Yesterday was a good food day and I cleaned the house so I'm counting that as activity. You all have a good day. The countdown to Christmas is really here. I'm very excited about Christmas since our grandson who is four will be here and he makes things so much fun.
Take care, be well, have a great holiday. Make the best choices for the moment you can. I'll be drinking lots of water and avoiding those little fat balls--my pet name for cookies--as best I can.
Judy
234.6/214/213 onederland in the spring! cool:
(A weight loss didn't show up yet, so I better be super careful today)

LaurenH
12-23-2008, 09:23 PM
So Judy, how did things go on the scale? It's so hard this time of year.

Slooooow weight loss here, but at least it's still going in the right direction. I've been good, too; my body just wants to hang on to the flab right now for some reason. I'd love to get into the 180s for the New Year.

Boy, has it been cold! But we've turned a corner apparently. It's supposed to get up to the 40s this weekend -- after 0 degrees, that will feel positively tropical.

Lots of family here visiting for the next week or so. We love to have them come.

Have a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, etc.!

Itryharder
12-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Hi Turtles,
I went to my WW WI this morning. I was up .6# and my home scale showed that I had lost a tiny bit. I was disappointed, but not devastated since I know salty foods play havoc with me. Honestly, considering earlier eating in the week and the cookie nibbling (not much--but I've been having some) I think .6# is fine. Now my goal is to keep this in check with my 35 points. I intend to use them for the super special foods. Sounds like a plan.

Lauren, yeah, this time of year is really tough. I'm so glad that the scale is moving in the right direction. Weigh to go!

Good luck to us all---have a great holiday and a Merry Christmas. It'll be the New Year before we turn around! :cheer:
Judy
234.6/215.6/214 into onederland :cool:

Princess1122
12-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Morning all and happy Monday to everyone. We had a nice holiday but I seriously over ate! UGH! Not much else is new, just job hunting and preparing for my last day.

Hope all is well with everyone!
Princess

Itryharder
12-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Hi Turtles,
Okay, I'm back and like Princess I overate. Actually saying "overate" for me is very kind. I had good intentions, but I made many too many goodies and they hung around calling my name. I think I can do the right thing today and get back on track.

Princess, good luck with your job search. :goodvibes: You can do it!

It's almost 2009. My resolutions for this year are to:
1. attend a "ticketed event" monthly
2. get together with friends monthly
3. sign up for water exercise at local community college
4. stay on track better than before.

Anybody have resolutions for this upcoming year?
:dance: :dancer: :cp: :cheers: :cheer: :bravo:
I feel 2009 will be the one!
Judy

LaurenH
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi, Princess and Judy -- hey, at least you're back here posting, right? Today is a new day, this hour is a new hour. We can do this.

My house guests finally left today. I love to see them come, and I'm glad to see them go. I miss them, though, and wish they lived closer. But I'm looking forward to a quiet house again!

We had quite the little drama a couple of days ago. DH was fixing something in the bathroom upstairs when a PIPE BURST and gushed water all down the inside of the wall! Water poured out through the light fixture in the kitchen and then down into the basement until we were able to shut it off. The guest bed in the basement got soaked, and one of the phone lines shorted out! DH had to pull out the entire bathroom counter, vanity, and sink in order to fix the pipe, and we didn't have water for most of the day. House guests and I went to Caribou Cafe to use their bathrooms. It was certainly a day we won't forget soon.

So while we had planned to do some bathroom renovations, we certainly hadn't planned on doing them quite so soon. Especially since DH JUST finished putting the bathroom back together from its earlier renovations, which he started last summer! That bathroom is cursed, I tell you! Well, maybe it'll be functional again by NEXT summer.

Ah, the joys of home ownership.

But on the bright side, I actually lost weight over Christmas and am finally into the 180s in time for New Year! I am so happy about that, I can't tell you.

Have a lovely day, turtle ones.

Itryharder
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Lauren, weigh to go!!!!! :bravo: :cp: :cheer: :dancer: :woo: :balloons:
You lost weight over Christmas with guests in the house and no running water for the day???? You are Mighty Woman! Weigh to go. Hooray! I am so happy for you. Hey, it's looking like virgin fat territory is getting mighty close. Lauren, your achievement is remarkable and I'm really thrilled for you.
Would you stretch out your hand so I can touch it and your magic can rub off on me? All the best to you!
Judy

Itryharder
01-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi TUrtles,
Here's a call to everyone: Happy New Year! 2009 is our year!! :woo:

Unfortunately I caught a dopey bug that's been flying around the NY area. This is the third day I've been sick. Okay, yes I have lost weight, but trust me, this is not the way to do it. It's an interesting thing though. I am so grateful that we were all well for Christmas that I don't resent this too much.
I'm counting on the :idea: that I'll be feeling close to normal by tonight. With that in mind, Happy New Year all you faithful Turtles. Let's do the best we can with what we've got and move onward and downward in 2009!
Fondly, Judy

LaurenH
01-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Oh dear! Feel better, Judy. Being sick is no fun.

DH is home today and taking down all the Christmas decorations. I'm so glad; I hate doing that. So much more fun to put them up.

This weekend we'll be looking at bathroom fixtures, flooring, etc. to replace what got damaged over the holidays. Oh well, it's only money, right? :rolleyes: But we did plan to do it sooner or later, this just moved it up a bit. It'll be nice to have an attractive bathroom.

Eating is still going well. I had a few more bites of DH's food yesterday than normal (he never gets to eat anything entirely by himself, poor guy), but other than that I'm holding the line. I really want to be in virgin fat territory by mid-April!

Have a great weekend, Turtles.

Itryharder
01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi Guys,
We've gotten long, so I'm starting a new link> #209 Bale of Turtles doing fine in 2009!
Judy