Exercise! - 30 DAY push --- 30 Day Shred

View Full Version : 30 DAY push --- 30 Day Shred

vanity0326
11-28-2008, 07:07 PM
In three days, we will be pushing for the last thirty days of 2008!

WHO WANTS TO JOIN ME IN A 30 DAY PUSH?

I'll be using Jillian's 30 day shred but maybe you have a 30 day program you want to use.

Toni

Start off: My goal is to lose 8 pounds for the month of December.

DAY 30 - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif I completed day one, barely.
DAY 29http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif Why did today seem harder?
DAY 28 X *frowns*
DAY 27 (Day 4) I did it but I won't give myself a cheerleader today because I think Jillian would have scoffed at my jumping jacks.
DAY 26http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif I think I need to eat better.
DAY 25 I did it again but the effort was very low key. Not even low impact but low key.
DAY 24 * I did it and I may be hard on myself but I can't give myself the cheerleader.
DAY 23 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif
DAY 22 *frowns* Nada on Tuesday.
DAY 21 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif
DAY 20http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif
DAY 19http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif
DAY 18http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif
DAY 17http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/images/smiles/cheer2.gif
DAY 16 *frowns* skipped today.
DAY 15 ack
DAY 14 ack
DAY 13 Getting back into the groove!
DAY 12
DAY 11
DAY 10
DAY 09
DAY 08
DAY 07
DAY 06
DAY 05
DAY 04
DAY 03
DAY 02
DAY 01
Result

bethbeth
11-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Yes! This is my plan too! I am did the 30DS about 15 times and then stopped for a few weeks. I am starting again on December 1. We can do it!

December 1 - :cheer2: I did it!
December 2 - :yes: Feeling sick, but did it anyway!
December 3 - :carrot: I can do more push-ups!
December 4 - :lifter:Feeling stronger!
December 5 - :dancer: It's Friday!
December 6 - :dizzy:On to Level 2, ouch!
December 7 - :cp: One week done!
December 8 - :) After day eight, I feel great!
December 9 - :cheer2: Did it again.
December 10 - :lol: 10 Days Done!
December 11 - First Day Off. Office Christmas Party.
December 12 - :carrot:Back on Track!
December 13 - :yes: Did Level 1 AND Level 2! :dancer:
December 14 - :clause:2 weeks done!
December 15 - Rest Day.

bekko
11-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I'll join! I just bought the dvd :)

I'm hopeing for some results and it seems like a lot of people have had a positive experience with the workouts. Do we do the workouts straight for 30 days? Including weekends?

letsgetaway
11-29-2008, 01:10 AM
I'll join. It'll be my second round of 30 day shred. I didn't eat too well the first time but I think I manage to drop a little weight.

Jenskihere
11-29-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm in! I just bought the DVD!

littlerozzee
11-29-2008, 10:12 PM
I have the 30 day shred.

I would like to join you guys.

I need motivation and accountability. This might just do the trick.

Diane

wantingtolose
11-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I joined the November thread and did 9 days of shred. This month i vow to do more!

I will start on the 1st though which is Monday. It did help me bust out of my plateau last month, so i hope i get some great results in December.

stcroix06
11-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I would also love to join as well hoping a friend of mine returns my 30 DS today. We were talking about losing weight and I told her she should try this dvd. She tried said it was great yesterday at work and said she'd bring it today since we would be in the same department!! So I can wait to start it again it'll help me with my other challenge!!

vanity0326
12-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I unwrapped the cellophane and began the workout. By the time Jillian got to the squats that included the arms, I was sweating and wondering when will this be over! I finished it (go me) and then completed another set of cardio by cleaning the 4 inches of snow off my car! :)

How did YOU do?

Toni

TurboLeda
12-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm totally in!!! I bought 30 Day Shred a few weeks ago and began it today (Dec 1st!). I also made a signature, so feel free to borrow it and join us!

littlerozzee
12-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Hello ladies

Well day one is finished. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I will know better tomorrow.

December 1st Day 1:cheer2:

Take care
Diane

vanity0326
12-01-2008, 08:48 PM
I'll join! I just bought the dvd :)

I'm hopeing for some results and it seems like a lot of people have had a positive experience with the workouts. Do we do the workouts straight for 30 days? Including weekends?

:) Yes. We'll include the weekends. We're working on the last 30 days of 2008.

Toni

vanity0326
12-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Yes! This is my plan too! I am did the 30DS about 15 times and then stopped for a few weeks. I am starting again on December 1. We can do it!
Beth, if you or anyone, need that push, please let me know. I know I'll need you all to push me. I have this attention problem. :)

Hello ladies Well day one is finished. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I will know better tomorrow.Diane
Good job, Diane!

I would also love to join as well hoping a friend of mine returns my 30 DS today. . . .
Were you able to get it?

I'll join. It'll be my second round of 30 day shred. I didn't eat too well the first time but I think I manage to drop a little weight.
I'll try to keep to my Weight Watchers as well.

I'm totally in!!! I bought 30 Day Shred a few weeks ago and began it today (Dec 1st!). I also made a signature, so feel free to borrow it and join us!
Thanks for the cheerleader! I'm going to use her as well on my progress report. :)

Toni

wantingtolose
12-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Since i did 9 days last month i started on L1-D10, wow taking a week off of working out sure makes a difference. I don't work out on the weekends so i'll have 20 days, with my 20 days of the shred left.
I was so exhausted tonight, and had to stop a few times (just a few seconds) but still.

Day 1- L1- D10

bethbeth
12-02-2008, 01:54 PM
OK, I started off (again) last night! I went back to Level 1 and worked up a good sweat. I'll probably do L1 for awhile before I go back to L2. It is really tough!
Hope it's going well for all of you!

CHICKpea3241
12-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Hii everyone

I would like to join this group! I know i'm a few days late but I'm going to start it tomm. I did it for a little while about a month ago and it was good, I like how challenging it is!

:carrot:Keep up the great work :carrot:

wantingtolose
12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Day 1- L1 - D10
Day 2 - L2- D1

I really hate the twists and all the plank work. On the last strength with the V weights, i had to drop my 5lbs and pick up water bottles to finish. Hope by the end of ten days i'll be strong enough to do it with the 5lbs.

vanity0326
12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Why did Day 2 seem harder?

:) I'm still on Phase 1.

Hii everyone

I would like to join this group! I know i'm a few days late but I'm going to start it tomm. I did it for a little while about a month ago and it was good, I like how challenging it is!

:carrot:Keep up the great work :carrot:

You're not too late. Welcome and Good luck!

Since i did 9 days last month i started on L1-D10, wow taking a week off of working out sure makes a difference. I don't work out on the weekends so i'll have 20 days, with my 20 days of the shred left.
I was so exhausted tonight, and had to stop a few times (just a few seconds) but still.

Day 1- L1- D10

Good job! Way to push through!

OK, I started off (again) last night! I went back to Level 1 and worked up a good sweat. I'll probably do L1 for awhile before I go back to L2. It is really tough!
Hope it's going well for all of you!
I'm with you on Phase 1. I think I'm going to try it for at least seven days and then move to Phase 2.

Hello Ladies
Well Day 2 is now done I am still working on level 1. I think that I will stay on level 1 for about 5 days. I am only using 3 pound weights so I think that I will increase them tomorrow.
Take care
Diane

I started off with five pound weights and I think that was a mistake. I may need to move down and then move up on the weights.

Toni

littlerozzee
12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
Hello Ladies

Well Day 2 is now done I am still working on level 1. I think that I will stay on level 1 for about 5 days. I am only using 3 pound weights so I think that I will increase them tomorrow.

Dec 1 day one Level 1:cheer2:
Dec 2 Day 2 Level 1 :cheer2::cheer2:

Take care
Diane

bethbeth
12-03-2008, 02:09 PM

I REALLY did not want to do it last night, as I was feeling TERRIBLE. But I did it anyway. Yippee.

How you guys doing?

littlerozzee
12-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I just couldn't do it three days in a row.

Man oh man do my thighs feel it today. I am not sure if this is a workout that should be done every day (that's how i justify not doing it)I think I need to give my muscles a day off.

I will say Monday and Tuesday night were the best night sleep that I have had for a long time.

bethbeth- good for you working out even when you are not feeling well

Toni -I hear you with the fact that it was harder the second day.

Dec 1 day one Level 1 :cheer:
Dec 2 Day 2 Level 1 :cheer::cheer:
Dec 3 :(:(:(

I lost my original cheer leaders

Take care
Diane

bethbeth
12-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Day 3 done! Looks like our little thread is losing momentum. Are you guys still here?

vanity0326
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Dec 3 :(:(:(

I lost my original cheer leaders

Take care
Diane

Diane, don't despair! I missed out on yesterday as well but today is another day and so is tomorrow, according to Scarlet and that little red headed orphan. You and I will try again tomorrow. :)

Toni

vanity0326
12-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Day 3 done! Looks like our little thread is losing momentum. Are you guys still here?

*waves her pom poms in the air* I'm here! The DVD is queued up and ready to go and so am I. :carrot::carrot:

How are you doing?

am

wantingtolose
12-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I took yesterday off too. I think i just pushed it too hard on Level 2. My legs were killing me, and i didn't want to hurt myself. I'll be doing it in a little bit again today though.

wantingtolose
12-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Day 1- L1 - D10
Day 2 - L2- D1
Day 3 - Day of rest
Day 4 - L2 - D2

econ nerd
12-04-2008, 09:23 PM
I just ordered the DVD today :D One quick question: how much space do you need to do the workdout??

bethbeth
12-04-2008, 11:14 PM
December 3 - :carrot: I can do more push-ups!

4 days down, 26 to go!

bethbeth
12-04-2008, 11:17 PM
Hi Karen~
You really don't need that much space. You need enough do jumping jacks, and get on the floor and do situps and pushups. Not really much. You do need some light hand weights, like 3 pounds (or cans or bottles!), and a mat or carpet is good.

vanity0326
12-04-2008, 11:28 PM
I took yesterday off too. I think i just pushed it too hard on Level 2. My legs were killing me, and i didn't want to hurt myself. I'll be doing it in a little bit again today though.

Taking care of yourself is important. No injuries!

I heard a great encouragement: If you had fun, you won!

I just ordered the DVD today
Welcome! Feel free to jump in when you get the DVD.

That's great, Beth!

starstufff
12-05-2008, 04:02 AM
Started today! my upper body is KILLING me. I hope I stay motivated for the next 29 days!

anyone losing weight/seeing results yet?

econ nerd
12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Hi Karen~
You really don't need that much space. You need enough do jumping jacks, and get on the floor and do situps and pushups. Not really much. You do need some light hand weights, like 3 pounds (or cans or bottles!), and a mat or carpet is good.

Thanks for the info!! I'm waiting for the disc to get here :D

vanity0326
12-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Day Four moving into Day Five

I feel like I need to eat better. How am I going to show any progress if I counter-balance the Shred with poor food choices?

How are you all doing?

Toni

bethbeth
12-06-2008, 09:28 PM
It's Saturday! Our first weekend of Decmeber! Today I went up to Level 2 and it hurts! I definately could not do the whole thing. But I will get better!

How are you all doing this weekend?

vanity0326
12-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Today was very low key. Like I wrote in my update, not even low impact but low key.

On the first day of the second week of this challenge, Monday, December 08, I will PUSH to level 2 and work out harder.

Beth, you're inspiring!

Toni

djay
12-07-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi all! Mind if I join you? I am on my second round of 30DS. I started over on the Dec. 2nd.

Last time I went through it...I started as a total couch potato.:o I did a pitiful modified Anita version. My upper body is sooo week. I had to do my pushups on the wall the first time through.;) This time I am doing them on the floor and can even pump out 8 Natalie style pushups before I have to go to my knees! :carrot:

I'm going for a full Natalie version before the end of this challenge! :strong:

If you are struggling...Stick with it...modify the moves when you have to and push yourself as much as you can...just keep moving...It is so worth it.:cheer3: I cannot believe the changes in my body the first time through. I went from a size 16 to a size 12 jeans...:D

Also...I notice that it is harder for me about 3 days into each level. Not sure if it is because I am actually doing the moves better...or because my muscles are just tired at that point...but I keeep going and by the end of a week at each level...I find I can get through it better...Notice I didn't say easier...It never got easy...This is a real challenge for me every day. I guess that is what keeps me comming back to it.:dizzy:

DJ

vanity0326
12-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Feel free to jump in with the jumping jacks! :)

bethbeth
12-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Hey friends! We finished the first 7 days of December, and today starts Week 2! Let's keep it up!

bethbeth
12-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Today is Day 9! Who's still with me?

djay
12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm still at it! Had to skip yesterday due to an evening meeting, so I walked for 45 mins. at lunch time instead.

Today I was back with level 1. I can do the Natalie all the way through except for the pushups. I still can't get beyond 8 Natalie style pushups!

I'll be moving to level 2 tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Level 2 is the hardest workout for me. Even harder than level 3. It takes alot of uper body strength.

vanity0326
12-10-2008, 08:28 AM
I tend to track myself in a journal and on WW online and every Tuesday is a bad eating and exercise day. Every Monday, I promise myself that the following day, I will not slide. Then on Wednesday, I have to re-group.

*takes a deep breath and re-groups*

Toni

djay
12-10-2008, 08:47 PM
First day of level 2!:carrot: UGH! Seems like I'll never get through the Natalie version of this level! But I did get ill the way through without stopping!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

How is everyone else doing?

Vanity- did you get re-grouped?

vanity0326
12-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes. I have re-grouped and am back on track. I so need to watch my diet bc I feel like I eat more bc I am exercising which is such a self-destructive way of looking at all the exercise.

am

econ nerd
12-11-2008, 11:01 AM
I got the disc! But I pulled something in my back delivering food to the food bank this morning... I was planning to start tomorrow morning but I'll see how my back feels... More Ibeprofin for me. Blah.

Good work for those that are plugging along with this! :carrot:

bethbeth
12-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Ok, so I have done the 30DS 10 days in a row! Go me!
Unfortunately, today will break the streak. I don't have time today. I have to go straight from work to our office Christmas party and will be out late.
I thought about getting up really early this morning to do it so I wouldn't break my streak, but I HATE getting up early, and didn't want to be so exhausted that I couldn't have fun at the party tonight. Oh well.
How are you guys doing?

djay
12-11-2008, 08:30 PM
OK...So...I am feeling pretty bad *** right now. I did a good strong level 2 today. Over 50% Natalie today. :carrot::carrot::carrot:
Some body do the carrot dance with me!
:carrot::carrot::carrot:

vanity0326
12-12-2008, 10:03 AM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: *carrot dances with you!*

bethbeth
12-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Hello Hello!
Everybody doing the Shred today? I am!! :cheer2:

djay
12-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I did my shred today! Whew! I was extra tired today...Wanted to quit soooo bad...Had a hard time getting in touch with my inner Natalie...but pressed on to the end...Those anterior raises KILL me! I was actually groaning!

Level 2 is KILLER!!!:p

bethbeth
12-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes, Level 2 does suck! I'm going at it again here in a few minutes.

bethbeth
12-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Well, since I missed one day this week, I did it TWICE today. I did Level 2, then cleaned house for an hour or two, then did Level 1. I thought Level 1 might be a little tough since I haven't done it in over a week, but it was pretty easy~ I could do the whole thing. So now my count is back on track...today is December 13th and I've done the Shred 13 times this month. Here we go to 30! :cheer2:

vanity0326
12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm still stuck on the lower level. I think I am going to try Natalie at Level 2 all next week! :)

Good job, Beth!

Good job to everyone still sticking in! Don't be discouraged. We can finish out the 30 days -one-day-at-a-time.

am

bethbeth
12-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Today is Day 14 and that means we have finished 2 weeks! Let's keep it up! :exercise:

smnolen
12-16-2008, 09:53 AM
I am going to start my shred today, since I just joined today... But I am going to jump on my mini trampoline for all of the cardios because they kill me. And the mini tramp is hard, but not THAT hard. And when you are like I am, doing it at all is an accomplishment

vanity0326
12-18-2008, 08:33 AM
How is everyone doing? I'm slacking. :( But I know it and I'll get back.

am

smnolen
12-18-2008, 09:13 AM
I was going to slack today and just walk around the lake, because I am so tired (I work third shift), but I just decided to do the shred! I am going to stay at level 1 until I can stay with Natalie the whole time. Then I'm moving on to level 2 and doing the same thing. Someone do this with me... I can't do it alone!:D