30-Somethings - Week of April 28th!! Let's Stay on Program all week long!

Pryia
04-28-2002, 03:11 AM
Good morning my friends!!

It is 1:15am and I am off to go to bed now. But I had to come and see what is going on.

Sunshine -Sorry I did not get back on line to chat. But I had a vistor. I will tell you later!!

Karen- It is okay the oreos did you in and the beer did me in. I am seeing that I am going to have to be good all week and have lots of banked points for the weekend! Cause there is no other way for me to get through the summer otherwise!

RR- Keep us updated on SD #2? and how she is feeling! You know we are with you in spirt!!

Okay I am so tired can not think straight. I have been up since 6:30 yesterday mornig!!

P
P.S. I know my body like clockwork!! I just said TOM is coming. I was craving salt and sweet on Friday. And I was so hungry last night!! And guess who showed up this am. I did stay OP even with the 5 beers I had last night! :o

:wave:

Juldiet
04-28-2002, 11:34 AM
I started today right - up before 7 and walked the dog for 1.5 miles then had catalope and hot tea on my back porch (under the new roof).

My truck is at the ford dealership getting a new transmission. That'll be around $1500 or so. Fords are known for good transmissions in their trucks so I'm pretty ticked off about this. Its a '97 with 80,000. I've put 60,000 of those miles on it in the last 22 mts (how long I've owned it). I want it to last thru another year of driving and then get a 250 with 4 doors.
So I'm truckless, sold my DH's old truck before we left for vacation and we haven't replaced it yet. The one weekend we're home and we're stuck at home, can't even get to church. So the house is super clean - they've had my truck since thursday - and I'm going to get caught up on the business bookkeeping today.

- jul

Rabbit
04-28-2002, 12:49 PM
HI ALL! :)

I had a nice walk outside this morning, since it has stopped raining! It was nice to be able to go outside this a.m. & not head to the health club.

Lyssa - I think plateaus are definitely the norm. Sticking to your plan (through thick & thin) is the only way to go! ~ I'm glad I've been behaving myself with dh gone, but I'm surprised it was that way also. Maybe I'm just supremely dedicated at the moment.! ~ I agree with your comments about not putting ourselves down. And I'm sure it has caused a lot of our current problems.

Pryia - I got a long linen skirt & top to wear to the graduation - it's on a Friday morning so I didn't think I'd need to be too dressy. And I got a denim skort & ss blouse to wear running around and I got a cute pair of floral capris & ss blouse that I think I will wear on travel day - they are extremely comfortable.:D

Karen - yep you just need to start all over again today!

Jul - sounds like a nice morning.:) ~ Sorry about your truck problems.

I like Pryia's idea of staying on program all week!

Rabbit
272.272 miles (I had over 22 miles this week - best I've done in awhile):D
OP since 4/22/02

lyssalou
04-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Ok, I am increasing my diet. A very good friend suggested that I increase my diet by 100 calories to see if that helps me loose more weight. I think she is right. I bought a bunch of high protein, low carb, no fat foods to increase my calories with. I will add egg white omlets to breakfast, and add a few snacks through the day and see if that helps. And I am adding lemon back to my water. I lost the most weight when I was drinking lemon water.

Jul - Way to go on starting the day right, sorry about the truck. I hope it all works out right.

Pryia - Must have been some night if you went to bed this morning. :lol:

Karen - Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep on trucking.

Well, have a great day, and an even better MONDAY.

Rabbit
04-28-2002, 12:52 PM
Lyssa - we must have been posting at the same time. Interesting what you said about increasing your diet. I was on the ww website yesterday & a few people had made comments about how they were losing weight better if they ate towards the top of their range & if they ate their activity points. I found that very interesting.

Good luck!

Rabbit

Apey
04-28-2002, 04:14 PM
:jig:

Hi there, my name is April!! I am joining in LOL :o

Kinda of shy so it will take me a little bit to start posting and then you will probably wish I would stop :s:

RoadRunner
04-28-2002, 05:42 PM
Hello April!!
WElcome to our group!!!Keep posting and reading and U will fit right in!!!

Well, 7w1d and no weight gain..I have increased calories by 200 daily but have added no junk!!!!:) Please send prayers tomorrow at 2:30 for my first u/s..I am about to panic today!!!

SD#1 is much better!!!She is still running fevers, but the appetite is returning and she is maintaining at 35lbs...Thank Goodness!!!
Well...just a quickie to say hello!!!My bed is calling me for a nap!!!
Vicki

Sophiefan
04-28-2002, 08:28 PM
Hi! My name is Priss and I want to lose some of this weight. I started 6 weeks ago and I have lost 11 pounds already. I am eating anywhere from 1400 to 1600 calories a day and so far I exercise 4 times a week 25 minutes at a time. I noticed that I have stayed the same weight for almost two weeks now. :( Is this normal? :?: Just wondering if I should exercise longer and harder or what? I Know its a slow process but dang! Anyway I look forward to getting to know you all. Dang it's very cold here today! Brrrrr. Have a great day :D

BaileySG
04-28-2002, 09:06 PM
Hi all - Just heard about a 5k that is personal to me (see 5k thread) and it is on May 19th. I don't think I will be in prime shape then, but it would mean a lot to me to be able to jog the whole thing. So, I made 1 mile jogging on the road today. Will try for 2 on thursday, and then plan from there - wish me luck!

Maintained - which is good with all the extra eating I have been doing.

April and Priss: WELCOME! Just so you guys are up to speed: I was thin until college (started college at 5'3", 111 lbs). By the end of college I was high 130's, low 140's - I always wanted to lose a little, but no big deal. It was the 7 years in grad school that really did me in. About 1/2 way through, I was up to 160 something. Lost down to 135 or so for my sister's wedding about 3 years ago. Went back to school in the fall and promptly put it all back on PLUS more to 173. Started WW at the beginning of August. Lost about 20 by october. Then, took a few months off and went back up to 155 (only a small gain). I was not counting points, but was definately eating better anyway! Started back up again in Jan. Was doing well for a while and lost down to 143. Have been exercising the whole time, but inconsistently. Just started a running program 2 weeks ago - have maintained since then. Have been STARVING and eating over my points. I am happy with how I have done so far and am prepared for slow progress. Really want to focus right now on the cardio side for health reasons. I am, however, only 8 lbs from my ww goal and set this as my June 1 goal - not likely, but a girl can dream.

BPB: I am glad that hag finally left! LOL on the inlining story.

Rabbit: Congrats on your recent dedication! I am with ya - I think the car will likely be my LAST smoking haven.

Lyssa: Sorry about the pie crust. I have made the cookies "correctly" before and they do turn out good. I agree being down on ourselves is a huge part of the problem! I have really been trying to work on this. Sorry the weight loss has you frustrated - I think upping your calories is a good idea, as if you don't eat enough you won't lose. Also, what about fat grams? I know it sounds silly, but you actually do have to CONSUME enough fat to be able to lose it.

Pryia: My only reason for ever banking is for those weekend treats! Just curious - does it hit you harder when AF arrives? If I have 5 the night before she shows up, I wind up in SORRY SHAPE!

Karen: No guilt and move on! You are doing great. Good luck with the dog and the yard - my old roommate's puppy ate every single house plant I owned.

Jul: Wow - good job this am. Sorry to hear about the car. Our transmission went right when we were getting ready to sell the thing. WAY to expensive! We will be paying that off for a while. At least the house is clean!

RR: Will be thinking of you all day tomorrow. Remain calm - what is meant to be will be (and I feel good things acommin!) Great on the maintain.

Juldiet
04-28-2002, 10:17 PM
Welcome April and Priss!!!

We even went for another 1/2 mile walk with the boys this evening. I forgot to mention that on this mornings walk I jogged for maybe 3 tenths of a mile. (Bailey your inspiring me!). I was one of those track members in high school that when we were done with track practice I'd go home and run another 4 miles for the fun of it. Wow! To be able to do that again - not. Bailey like you I went into college at 5'5" and 110....and it went downhill from there. Most of my weight gain was after marriage and when I was in a job I hated (bank manager). I'd eat all day at work then go home and eat and read book after book in a dark corner. I did o.k. after getting a job I loved (Christian Sports Camp) and even lost down to 160. Then 2 babies and post partum depression and I went up to 215 my highest ever. Thankfully those years are behind me and I love life again! I'm still floating around 172-174 and am now re energized and motivated to get it moving again. I expect to see 169 by May 15.

RR: I totally missed your announcement - hope it goes well tomorrow at the sonogram.

Pryia: Your doing great. Keep at it!

Lys: I agree with the lemon water - its very helpful.

- jul

Backfor 2002
04-28-2002, 11:15 PM
Hi all,

Ok I am back from girls weekend. We had an absolute blast! I am so darn lucky that I have such good girlfriends. I love them all dearly. They really are more family than friends. It is amazing what we all come up with to talk about. Do any of you realize that in 80% of ppl asparagus makes your pee smell? See what I am talking about, we are all cracked. By the way I am one of the 20% that does not have that problem.

Ok for whoever that asked wine is 13 points per bottle. Let's just say I know that because I had way more than 13 points in wine this weekend.

I was very proud of myself. I got up and walked around the island both sat & sun AM. It was a little over two miles. I figure that had to counteract some wine.

Ok I am going to need to catch up later, all the points I had this weekend are suggesting that I get my A$% to bed.

Welcome April & Priss.

PS I was bragging about all of you this weekend. I was telling the gals how awesome you all are and how much I really look to all of you for support and encouragement.
Can you feel the love?

Night all!

Pryia
04-28-2002, 11:21 PM
I had a good OP day again. Friday I was off points. What is it about Friday's that do that to me. I am not going to let it happen again. Funny how I wanted salt and sweet--always do at TOM! And guess who showed up this am. Like Clockwork!!

Did not do much today. I went to the store and spent to much money, but some times you have to do that!!

Welcome to the new people- April and Sophiefan. Glad to have you here.

Off to talk to a friend!!

lyssalou
04-29-2002, 01:44 PM
Have you ever felt like a complete fool? Jumped to a wrong conclusion, and then acted on that asumption? I did last night.

When I was a kid, I was the kid everyone teased. I've had very few good friends in my life, and I usually don't trust people to be my friends. We went to a church that talked a lot about how important fellowship and accountability were, and I figured that surely I would find the friendship I craved there. NO, they were so wrapped up in their own click, that they had no room for an extra friend. I called the members, I made meals when they had babies, I did everything I could to reach out to them. I told the ministers daughter once that one of the reasons we left was because we felt unaccepted by the congregation. She said "You have to be a friend to have a friend." That wraps up all the relationships I have ever had in a nut shell. I give and give and I am disliked because of it. I am afraid to give to anyone anymore, because I am afraid I will be hurt because of it. It isn't that I want anything in return for what I give, just not to be hated for it.

One of my friends got online last night, and then got off quickly, and I got a little worried that I was bothering her, and just wanted to be sure. However, it brought out my past, and my relationships with my family washed over me like a bad plague. It isn't my friends fault, she's not responsible for me or what I feel, but I missed out on a great time I could have had last night, that could have actually made me feel better. I really have to get over my past. I have noticed that since I have stopped stuffing my face, that I have had a harder time dealing with those old issues. Gee, you don't suppose I had a problem with emotional eating do you? :?: Well, now I will have to deal with those issues and actually resolve them.

Sorry to have dumped this here, but it had to go somewhere other than in my mouth in the form of bad food.

Scales were down this morning, I think it was the lemon water that helped.

Nanci - Too cool about your fun filled weekend. I must be in the same 20% as you are, I have never noticed asparagus affecting the smell of my pee.

Jul - Way to go on the walking, keep going, and maybe you will enjoy running those 4 miles again, and spread that love to your boys too.

Bailey - I keep my fat around 10% (usually a little higher than that). I know that is low, but it is what Dr. Dean Ornish says you should do to reverse heart disease, and that most overweight people have the beginnings of heart disease. So that is what I am working on. Go for it on the 5k, it sounds really cool.

Priss & April - Welcome to our thread!!! Hope you feel welcome, and join right in with our chatter.

RR - Thinking about you today,!!! Be sure you discuss your calories with your dr., you don't want to eat too little for your little one(s). Glad the illness is going away. Do the kids know what they may be getting for Christmas?

Again, I apologize for the book, and even more so for the tone of the first part of it. I feel much better now. Have a great day.

Rabbit
04-29-2002, 05:35 PM
HI ALL!

Welcome to Apey & Sophie!

Sophie - congrats on your 11 pounds lost!

Nanci - glad you had a great weekend. Funny you should say that about asparagus - dh just brought up the same thing this morning - why does it do that??

Lyssa - sorry about your troubles! ~ I think I'll do the lemon water thing!

gotta run - Rabbit
OP since 4/22/02

RoadRunner
04-29-2002, 08:34 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!I AM OFFICIALLY PREGNANT!!!!!!!

I am soo excited!!!!THe little baby was correctly implanted and its little heart beating 160beats!!!!I had to cry since my last u/s was when I m/c..I am now officially due 12/23/02!!!!Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!!!!!!

Jul--U never missed my announcement-I just hinted around to it!!!

WElcome to the newcommers!!!!!
Vicki

TechAlum
04-29-2002, 08:55 PM
Hello All

It's been rainy and cool here and I've been battling a sinus thingy, I haven't really gotten sick just felt icky so I haven't exercised all week :( . I really need to get back on that wagon. Eating wise I've been doing better though.

As for the picture thing, it was an exercise in self esteem (part 2 of her 3 week saga), we didn't have to show the pictures and it was just to help visualize what you think of yourself anyway.....

Don't have time to respond to everyone, I can smell dinner cooking :). I'll just say welcome new comers, I had figured a bottle of wine at 12 pts I'll have to double check, RR CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Go Redwings!

- Tech :spin:

Juldiet
04-29-2002, 09:27 PM
RR: congrats!

Tech: hope your feeling better - I've been getting over strep and I feel much better now.

This morning Ginger-dog and I did 2 miles and this evening my 5 yr old Weston did 1 mile with me and the Ginger-dog. 2 days in a row - I'll doing good!

Ford called, they have to order the parts for my transmission so it won't be done until wed evening or thurs morn. This is pretty sad - Ford will be hearing from me. I borrowed a car today so I could at least run to the grocery store for a few things. Did do a lot of yard work today - being stuck at home has its benefits.

- jul

KarenK
04-29-2002, 10:02 PM
Hi all!! According to the scale monster I 've lost another 3 pounds:D Yippee. Now, I lost even though I was WAY over on Saturday with those darn FF oreos. How did that happen? I'm not complaining, just confused. Does anyone know the points for fresh coconut? I looked it up in the book and all it says is 0 for 1 tsp shredded. Only had about a tablespoon size piece but I'm not sure how to count it!! I stocked up on fresh fruit and veggies today so I've lots of nice low point stuff around. I ate almost 1/2 box of grape tomatoes while I was cleaning/preparing and putting away all the stuff!!

RR: Congratulations!! I know you must be excited.

Welcome to the newbies!! You will find lots of support here. Just jump in and start gabbing. That's what the rest of us do.

Gotta go call my mom. Bye!! Have a nice evening!!

http://www.scubaboard.com/images/smilies/dance.gif

LBH
04-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Hi All,

I'm really busy at work...what else is new, I'm either busy, or bored to tears...just wanted to pop in and say...

CONGRATULATIONS VICKI!!!!!

I'm soo happy it's official now!! :D

elisa822
04-30-2002, 02:52 PM
Hi everyone - I just have time for a quick hello and of course Congratulations to RR!!! I'm thinking about you and praying that everything goes smoothly!!

As for me, I'm excited because my husband and I saw a house last night that we both like and can actually afford!! It's not perfect or in an area we had previously thought about living but it's a great "starter home". It's 3 bedrooms, in perfect condition with a nice kitchen, beautiful hardwood floors, central air and parking for our 2 cars (hard to find in the area). We're going back tomorrow to check it out in greater detail. Any tips or hints on what we should check out??

Sorry I can't reply to everyone, just too nervous/excited because it's the first house we both liked!!

Have a great day everyone and welcome to the new people,
Elisa

Rabbit
04-30-2002, 03:36 PM
hi all. Doing fine here. Weather is great.:)

RR - Congratulations!:D

Jul - hooray for the exercise!:)

Karen - Yeah on the loss!:cool:

Elisa - woohoo on the house! Hope it all works out.:^:

Rabbit

LBH
04-30-2002, 05:53 PM
Elisa- I had this long bulleted list that I typed up, and I lost it...something about no thread...ARGH... When I have more time and patience, I'll do it again. :dizzy:

lyssalou
04-30-2002, 06:43 PM
RR - Congratulations!! What an exciting time in your life. I hope you will be richly blessed in this experience.

Rabbit - Glad you are having great weather. Hope it continues.

LBH - At least you have time to check in.

Karen - Congrats on the continued loss.

Jul - Good for you on your exercise.

Tech - I hope you are feeling better.

Juldiet
04-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Among the many things you should check is how the toilets flush and water pressure. I never thought to check water pressure here and its lousy. We're at the top of the cliff and share a well with a lot of other houses. The water pressure at the bottom of the cliff is great. I prefer showers that can throw me up against the back wall (no wonder I love to stay in hotels). - jul

elisa822
04-30-2002, 08:19 PM
Jul - I did think of the water pressure but thanks - I like a good shower too and you forget how good you have it living in a high rise like I am.

LBH - thanks for trying and I'd still love to hear your advice when you have time.

Rabbit - nice to see you popping in.

I'll keep you all posted! Thanks.

Elisa

dabrat
04-30-2002, 09:01 PM
:D Hello again I really need to post regularyhuh? I thought my 1 1/2 mile was 1 1/2 miles and guess what? I am walking 2 miles!! I didn't want to go today but i got this big butt moving and was glad that I did. I AM doing the Operation OFB 2002 and on way back I was hating doing that hill again. I was so happy to of done it though.
Backfor I love what you said about the asparagus I am in that 80 % and dh is in the 20 %. It is the only time I can stink him outta the bathroom!
I hope everyone had a great day. Drink that water! Oh I agree about the lemon in it. I seem to lose better drinking it that way too. Daphne

BaileySG
04-30-2002, 10:32 PM
Boy do I hate TOM - should be able to come "out of the closet" so to speak in a day or two.

RR: YIPPEEEEE..............

Elisa: I am so excited for you about the house! I have no idea what to check, but this site might be a start

www.homeadvisor.msn.com/homes/inspection/aspx

Let us know what happens!

Rabbit: I am jealous about your weather. Maybe send a little this way? Have fun on your trip!

Lyssa: Hope you are doing ok dealing with the relationship issues. It is not easy - especially when you remove your crutch (food). Hope talking about it helped. We are here for you! Congrats on the loss.

Karen: 3 lbs - Great! No idea on the coconut. Good job stocking up on fruits and veggies!

LBH: You poor thing, hope it slows down for you soon. Any word about the other job?

Tech: Hope you are feeling better. Yeay on the food. GL with the exercise

Pryia: How can you sound so cheerful with TOM??? Also, do you know of a way of preventing yourself from eating an entire batch of cookies at the onset of TOM short of flushing them??? Help me out, I'm cracking here....:lol:

Nanci: Glad the w/e was so great. Is this asparagus thing really true? To me, it seems like one of those weird stories people make up to see if you fall for it. What does it smell like???

Jul: Yeay on the walking and running. Isn't it amazing how a little depression can pack on the lbs? We are getting back though - yeay! You have come so far - Great Job!

Nanci's post made me realize that I think I always forget to say something (if you can believe it). You guys are the best. I don't think I could have ever come this far without this group and you all inspire me to do more! Thanks - from the heart.

Juldiet
04-30-2002, 10:39 PM
2 plus miles this morning and 1/2 mile this evening. The only bad part of the day was the brownies - oops!

- jul

Pryia
04-30-2002, 11:26 PM
Why am I happy at TOM? Gotta be the man I met. :love: Has to be!! I REALLY like him. He is all I think about some times. I can only hope he likes me to. Can not tell yet! But our kids like each other.

I get funky cravings....sweet and salt. Not chocolate sweet. But licorice and chips those kinds.

Plus I usually have HUGE losses the TOM week. So how can you not be happy!!

RR- CONGRADS on the NINO news!!!

Was short on points today! Had 22 should of had 26. But can't help it. Not in the mood for food!!

dabrat
05-01-2002, 01:24 AM
Hi again I havea few minutes topost. I get the same craving Pryia. I crave those salt and vinegar chips. I can always tell when TOM is coming because they end upinmy cart some how?:o Those dang grimlins I think do it to me.:lol: I have had about 10 cups of water today and tired of getting rid of it! I have to getmy walk in early tomorrow because I am headed North to Seattle to take Megan to the Doctors. A 2 hour drive each way really sucks.2 hours at the Dr too? I will be home about 6:30 or 7 ish and would love to walk if Jason gets to come home with us and not work. I will do my walk when Megan leaves for school still. Is that shelfish to send the kids to school for 2 hours so I can do my walk and take a shower? Call me selfish then!:dizzy: I hope to post in the morning! Daphne

lostandfound
05-01-2002, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone,
I am new here too. You've probably seen me other places but I've never introduced myself and I thought this looked like a good place to do that. :p
I am 35 will be 36 the 3rd. I am married to a wonderful person. 11 years on the 11th. We have 2 girls Allison 6 and Jessica 5. My whole weight problem began of course after Jessica. I could not get her weight off of me. Then i wanted a third child. That pregnancy ended in a miscarrage. Then my husband 2 months later got a vasectomy. Apparently the wrong thing to do. That put me on the biggest emotional roller coaster I had been on. At the time I was too lost in it all to know what the problem was. Suddenly one day I weighed myself and I weighed 3# more that i did when I gave birth to Jessica. I was up to 184. Normally I was around 145 so I felt miserable. I tried and tried to lose weight on my own but I was down two weeks and I'd gain it all back the following week. :?:
Finally off I went to WW. I did not tell my husband because he does not know why women need support(pay money) to lose weight. Mr.6'2" 190 lbs.(He runs marathons) After 3 weeks he commented so I told him what I was doing. Then it wasn't so bad since he was seeing progress. So anyway, I lost 34 lbs. I was receiving all the complements and feeling great about it all. Apparently too great because I went lax on the program , quit going to the meetings and began to lose control again.
January 1 arrived and it was time to get back with it. January 23rd, my mother-in-law was diagnosed with cancer. March 10th she went in the hospital. March 12th she was told the cancer was terminal and March 18th my sister-in-law came home from Georgia to take care of her at home. (Lucky for us Sis is a cancer nurse) April 6th my mother-in-law passed away. Death has to be the worst thing to watch happen. I am just thankful it was quick. So that takes us to now. Thank goodness :lol:
On April 15th I along with my husband began our journey to lose weight. He added a few extra lbs. during his mothers passing also. 3FC has been the greatest thing for me because I refuse to pay WW to lose the same weight 2 times.:^:
Just reading and not even replying is very inspirational and therapuetic. :D
So here is where I stand. 168/164/138 The 138 might be a great challenge. I may settle on 143. I will see how it all goes.
Thank you for taking the time to listen.

LBH
05-01-2002, 10:16 AM
Hi All,

Meikka- Welcome!! Sorry to hear about your MIL, but you're right, at least it was fairly quick. That's great that DH is supporting you, and even doing it with you. It's a great way to stay close. :D

Daphne- I hear ya'...I need to have a lot of self control when grocery shopping near AF time!! Sometimes I am completely out of control, but lately, I seem to be OK.

Pryia- Congrats on the new man!! :D

Jul- WooHoo on the miles!! I think you deserved a brownie...or 2!! :D I'm with you on the water pressure!! Ours isn't that bad, but I like the old kind, before the new water savers shower heads come out, where they're shoot you to the other end of the shower!!

Elisa- I will type up my list in Word, then come paste it in here, because I don't think I could handle losing it again w/o throwing my computer through the window!! :lol:

OK, gotta run...

Juldiet
05-01-2002, 10:52 AM
I only walked 1 mile this morning. That was because I found a small turtle about to be smushed by the school bus. I brought it home to put in our 'turtle habitat' in the back yard. We'll keep him a week or so and watch him - they love bananas and strawberries. We have a vey nice little habitat built in the back yard with sun and shade. The boys love to study any kind of animal so this week we'll do a unit study on turtles again. I'll have to spend a little time on-line finding info that we didn't study last year on turtles.

Hopefully tonight I can make up for that lost mile. The brownies are gone so they won't be around to tempt me. If I make anything it will be fat-free chocolate pudding for dessert tonight.
I'm trying to switch to pudding and get away from all the ice cream we were eatting.

I fit into a pair of 12 jean shorts I bought - still a bit snug but progress!

jul
215/173/169 May 15 goal/155 year end goal.

Rabbit
05-01-2002, 11:55 AM
Hi all. I'm still op - but unfortunately have not seen the scales move yet. I know I need to give it time, but I want progress!! Maybe it's the salty popcorn?

I'm leaving Thursday (again) and will get back on Monday. The thing that is so tough about being gone is trying to figure the points. I usually give it up after a couple of days. Ofcourse, that doesn't mean I have to do it this time.

Pryia - GOOD LUCK with the new man!:love:

Daphne - I don't think it's selfish at all to do that. You have to take care of yourself. If you don't, you won't have anything left to give anyone else.

Lost & Found - Welcome. Sorry to hear about your mil. Good luck on your weight loss efforts, nice that dh is involved.

Jul - cool that you saved the turtle & even cooler that you are turning it into a lesson for the boys. They are fortunate to have you.:D ~ Yeah on the size 12's!!!!

later all - Rabbit
OP since 4/22/02

lyssalou
05-01-2002, 12:23 PM
Well, something is working. I am drinking more water again, and one bottle with lemon juice. And I have increased my calories, but only slightly. So, I don't know which has helped, if not both together. Whatever the case, I am glad. I just hope it keeps up. If I get down to 155, it will be the lowest I have been in 6 years (when I got pg with #3), and I was only there for a short time, before that I had not weighed that low for 4 years before that (since the birth of my almost 10 yo.)

Rabbit - The salty popcorn could be holing your water weight, and that may be affecting your lack of weight loss.

Jul - The turtle sounds like fun. We found one once, but it got worms, and we had to put it back in the wild. Now I know what method you use for curriculum, Unit studies. I have often thought that would be a nice way to home school all 4 kids together, but I am not there yet, the Switched On Schoolhouse computer curriculum works better for me right now (not as much grading). You will get back with the running.

LBH - I am with you on the water saving shower heads. I wished they would come up with a better alternative that still saves water.

Meikka - Nice to have you join us. I understand about the weight coming from having kids, I gained 30 lbs with each kid, and couldn't get it off. Sorry to her about your mil, my mil died from lymphoma 1 week to the day after ds was born, he was her only grandson after having 5 grandaughters, and she wanted him really bad. Her prayer the whole time she was sick was that she would live till he was born, I just wished she had prayed that she would get to see him, because she never saw him. It is a hard thing to go through, and to watch our husbands go through. It is nice that you are both working together to loose weight, it is definitely easier for me to loose weight when dh is loosing with me.

Daphne - have a safe trip to Seattle tomorrow. Good luck getting your run in. Too cool about finding out you are walking more than you thought you were.

Pryia - Too cool about the guy!! Now that I think about it, I think I crave the salt any way during PMS. However, you better watch out for that mood for food, as I now know, too few calories is as much your enemy as too many!!!

Bailey - Yes, it helps to share, and it helps to realize what those "demons" are and to deal with them instead of "stuffing" them with a Quater Pounder and French Fries supersized. It is also a little helpful when I realize that I actually have issues I need to deal with, and that I am not going crazy. Which is what I feel like most of the time. Hope you are feeling better today with the TOM issue and all.

Elisa - How exciting about the house. I hope it is everything you want, and that you get it for less than you are hoping for. I do know that you should be sure and look under all of the sinks and water areas to check for signs of black mold.

LBH
05-01-2002, 01:32 PM
Elisa-

Run all water taps, shower and bath, laundry sink, flush toilets
Check floors, do they need to be refinished, new carpeting, linoleum, tile.
Check fountation for cracks, roof for damage. How old is the roof? Normally they should last 20-30 yrs.
Is there paneling on any walls? Is it in good condition - no bubbles or cracks?
Is there hard water? Will you need to purchase or rent a water softener?
Bugs...
Is there a basement? Check for water damage. If it's seems freshly painted, that's a red flag.
Are the windows newer thermopane? If not, are the old windows in good shape? Screens in good shape, not bent, dented, ripped? Do they open and close correctly?
Is the house empty, or someone still living there? If empty, how long? How long on the market?
Is the driveway in good condition? No potholes, cracking, rough. Is there a garage? Is it in good condition?
Bring a tape measure, measure the rooms. Measure your furniture first, and make sure it all fits!

I had soo much on that other list, if I remember more of it, I'll post more!

lizzard_h
05-01-2002, 02:02 PM
Man, I can't keep up with all of you guys!!! I've been lurking but everytime I try and get a few minutes to respond I get interrupted and sidetracked.

Welcome to all the newcomers!! This is a great place with wonderful supportive people. Everyone here has been a tremendous help for me and not with just weight issues.

And to all those people who are on plan and having losses -- :p I'm jealous. I'm suffering an ugly case of PMS this week. Time for me to head to the closet -- I'll bring the flashlight Bailey and we can make hand puppets on the wall!! :D I thought I was doing okay but each day this week I'm getting nastier. I've also got the bottomless stomach going and craving everything that's on the "bad" food list. Hopefully the bottle of wine I'm gonna drink tonite will curb my appetite!! :lol: Only a few more days and this will be over.

elisa822
05-01-2002, 02:17 PM
Lauren - thanks so much for the tips. I've already got some of it covered and our real estate agent used to be in construction so he's great for finding the "hidden damage" signs. I'll let you all know how it goes - we're going after work today. Thanks again!

TechAlum
05-01-2002, 02:56 PM
Hello All,

I have decided I am not cut out for manual labor. Man do I ache :mad: . We missed WW yesterday because we went to the home center to buy the stuff for the flower and garden boxes and by the time we bought it, loaded it, drove home and unloaded it it was too late to go to WW. My dad came over today and helped me build the flower box, we used the landscaping bricks, it looks pretty cool. Now I just have to fill it and plant flowers. I'm hoping to get it done this weekend. Then I get to build the garden box in the back and fill and plant it. Then I get to go back to work for a break :lol: . Actually it probably wouldn't be bad if I were used to it.

Anyway enough about me....

LBH - After I lost a few posts, I started to copy the text so if it didn't post I could paste it in word or something for later, saves a lot of agrevation. Have you heard about the job? and/or decided what to do?

Jul - Transmission trouble must be in the air, my car was in a couple of weeks ago, my sister's truck was in last week, and now your truck....Congrats on the shorts :D.

elisa - Good luck looking at the house tonight.

liz - Sorry to hear about the PMS. Hope you're feeling better.

Rabbit - If you hang in there the scales are bound to move soon. Good luck while out of town.

Meikka - Welcome! Good luck!

Daphne - I'm with Rabbit, you've gotta take care of yourself first.

Pyria - I'm in the I want chips band wagon (lately it's been doritos), but it's usually at ovulating time rather than PMS :?: . Nice to have a man who makes you happy.

Baily - Hope you're feeling better too. I feel better, but it's supposed to start raining again which stirs up my allergies :( .

KarenK - Congrats on the 3 lbs :eek: .

Need to check in more often the thread's been so busy lately. Have a great day everyone.

-Tech :spin:

Juldiet
05-01-2002, 04:33 PM
Lys: I try to do a lot of unit studies since the boys want to know everything about whatever it is they are interested in at the moment. Also since they are little K and pre-K we're mostly trying to learn letters and numbers. They both love math and every day start out by asking to do math first. I thought Switched on Schoolhouse looked like a great program for those a bit older. I tried Five in a Row for a while but that didn't do much for me. We're taking it one year at a time.

I just found out that soda had salt in it. Another reason for me to avoid it since I have high BP. I'm going to go check the Fresca can as soon as I'm done here because I really want to drink something with bubbles right now. Its so hot and muggy today, only high 70's but feels like 90 with the humidity. I refuse to turn the air on yet since I needed the heat just last night!

Made Ginger-dogs apointment for her to lose her womanhood on Monday - that'll be one less thing for me to worry about there are several 'real' male dogs in the area and I don't want to deal with puppies.

- jul

KarenK
05-01-2002, 05:56 PM
Hello everyone!!!:D Hope ya'll are having a good day. Wow, this class is definitely gonna kick my behind. I've got homework that I do NOT want to do. I have to get out of this not wanting to work mood I've been in. These are the hardest units and here's Karen counting the days until it's over!! (23 weeks + 1 class = 47 more classes) EWWWW, I better not bother to count that exactly again!!

Pyria: Cool on the guy!! Hope it works out.

Lauren: Any news on the job?

Liz: Better be careful in that closet guys. Two PMSing women with only a flashlight, it might get MEAN!!

Tech: Hmm, I have some gardening that needs doing. Do you hire out?

Rabbit: You will get there. Perseverance pays off!!

Jul: Yeah on the exercise!! I'm looking at buying an elliptical machine. It's the only exercise that I actually enjoy doing!!

OK, gotta go do the homework. Have a super evening.

Rabbit
05-01-2002, 07:50 PM
Wow - lots of posts! I wanted to check in again in case I don't have time before I leave tomorrow.

Lyssa - glad something is working for you. I'm going to do the lemon thing when I get back. And I think I'm going to have to watch the salty popcorn.

Liz - hope the pms is gone soon!

Tech - have fun planting your flowers! I want to do that when I get home, that and tomatoes. ~ Thanks for the support!

Jul - oh no, I'm not ready for ac yet either! (or the bills).

Karen - I don't think you should think about how many classes you have left either. ~ Thanks for the support.

Have a great weekend all.

Rabbit
OP since 4/22/02

Juldiet
05-01-2002, 09:26 PM
I know that women living together tend to end up having their TOM at the same time. Somehow the body chemistry 'speaks' to each other. It seems like the same thing is happening here - so many of us hit TOM at the same time - wierd! PMS hit me big time about 4:30 today. I feel better after a half mile walk (was going to be longer but I found out that Ginger-dog is very afraid of small girls on small pink bicycles). We were only 1/4 m. from home and she broke away and I chased her all the way home. She was too funny. She prances normally, vey pretty walk, but she would bounce straight up and down (3 times) barking give a big yelp turn and run 40 feet and do it all over again all the way back home. I ended up mowing the front yard instead (takes 40 min.) its hilly too so I feel good about my exercise for the day. Just in time too - big storms are moving into the area and its starting to rain (oh well, more exercise next week).

- jul

RoadRunner
05-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Hello...really rough evenings sooo I just read and wanted to say hello......Me and the porcelin thrown are becomming great friends !!!!!!
Vicki
PS>>HEllo to the new people!!!!

Backfor 2002
05-01-2002, 11:00 PM
Hi all!

I just have time to say hi. It has been crazy, I have read everything and caught up just not enough time to post.

CONGRATS VICKI! I am so happy for you and Refman and the girls. This is wonderful.

Take care everyone.

Nanci

Pryia
05-01-2002, 11:01 PM
Just wanted to say Hi! :wave:

Welcome to the newbies!! :wave:

:cry: My mood! :cry:

Still OP Though!

dabrat
05-02-2002, 02:18 AM
:cool: Hi everyione just wanted to say hi. I got back from Seattle at 9 tonight. I really do not miss that traffic. We left Drs. at 5ish but were at Childrens Hospital by the University. Traffic sucks there! made good time back to my car * Jason drove* Then on way home there was a few accidents that were cleaned up but all the lookie loos wanted to see what wasnt there. Grrrrrrr. I had my Slim Fast shake for breakfast with a banana. Didn't get to eat until 9:30. Couldn't decide if I shoud eat or not? I ended day at 1084 calories. Would you all of ate or not? I was very hungary and did avoid the fast food places. Is there any fast food that is safe to eat? I will post in the morning going to go to bed and sleep off headache, Daphne

lostandfound
05-02-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi everyone!
Thank you for the welcome. I'll keep this short today! I promise.
Yesterday was the first day in 16 that I really lost it. A nice greasy pork tenderloin sandwich. You know the ones with the processed something compressed to nothing then breaded, froze and deep fried. It was really good going down but once it got down my stomach did not appreciate it. So I topped it of with a Snickers. Yumm Yum!! :nono:
Tomorrow is my birthday so tonight we are going to Olympians on Ice. Before the show we are going to HOOOTERS for dinner. It is my husbands favorite place. I know who's birthday is it. Shhh, I love there Hot Wings. We know what he goes there for! :o He is over 40 now so I told him I can call him a dirty old man. Considering most girls that work there are 21 or under.
I guess today will be another bad day. At least I can drink lots of water, have a salad for lunch and feel a little better about the 4000 calories I'll consume tonight.

Everyone have a greaat day. I know I will! :nono:
:wave: :wave:

Rabbit
05-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Happy Birthday tomorrow lost & found!:hb:

Rabbit
OP since 4/22/02

BaileySG
05-02-2002, 03:11 PM
Help! AF has pushed me off the wagon and pinned me under the wheel! :lol:

Seriously, thoughh - once I finish washing down this whoopie pie with my 40 oz coke, it is back op for me:D I am finally feeling better.

Tech: Great job on all that gardening - I bet its beautiful

Jul: Sorry about the PMS - yeay on the shorts! Keep up the great exercise.

Pryia: Woohoo on the man - hope you are feeling better

Nanci: We miss ya!

RR: Hope you feel better soon

Dabrat: Hope everything went well at the Dr. Trpis like that suck.

Karen: Rabbit is right - don't count them up like that! Yuck.

Meikka: Happy Birthday!! Enjoy and then get right back on program.

Rabbit: Sorry no loss yet. It will come. Have a great time on the trip.

Lyssa: Glad to hear the scales are moving again!

Liz: It's a mouse! No, No, an elephant. Hope the wine helped.

Juldiet
05-02-2002, 09:47 PM
2 m. this a.m. and 1/2 m. this evening with the boys.

Tried really hard to cut back on the salt today and PMS moods were better today.

The scale said 171 this a.m. so I'm getting much closer to my goal. I will really hit 169 by the 15th at this rate (would love a few bonus lost lbs). Measurements were actually a bit up I guess its from TOM bloating or something - plus all the salt I had yesterday. I tried a salsa yesterday that ended up tasting like I was eatting a tablespoon of salt with each bite - yuck. Bought everything I need to make some of my own salt-free salsa tomorrow.

- jul

dabrat
05-02-2002, 11:28 PM
:D Hi everyone! I am still OP and am going to do RS tonight when kids are in bed. I am going to do the toning band one.
Jul it must be salsa time! I am making some tonight for tomorrow also. That and the Baked Lays and I am in Heaven. How do you make your Salsa? It taste so much better home made than the store junk.
Bailey I am a dork OK? What does AF mean? What is a Whoppie Pie?
Pryia tell us more about the man! I met my DH on AOL 3 years ago.
Meikka I hope that you wernt serious about 4000 calories? Happy Birthday again.
Hi to everyone I missed!
Daphne

Backfor 2002
05-03-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi all!

Well it has been a crazy week. I am so glad it is almost over. Gee I think I say the same thing every week....

We just got back from ww. I stayed the same. I was ok with that due to the large loss I had last week and then my weekend away. DH had a great loss with 4.4 this week.

Tech, I am jealous! I can't wait to get out and start working with the flowers. Each year I go a little crazier with them.

Daphne, You drove right by me on the way to the hospital. I work downtown.

Meikka, Happy Birthday!

Bailey, What in the world is a whoopie pie? Hope you are feeling better.

Jul, You are really on a roll!

Lyssalou, I am going to have to try the lemon in the water. You are doing great.

Liz, I sure hope the PMS has subsided.

Elisa, Congrats on the house, hope it all works out well for ya.

Karen, Good luck with the class.

Rabbit, Have a nice weekend we will miss you.

BaileySG
05-03-2002, 01:32 AM
Whoopie pie = Think twinkie, but bigger, hamburger-shaped, not hotdog shaped, and chocolate cake not vanilla

AF = euphamism for "time of month"

KarenK
05-03-2002, 08:11 AM
Hi guys!! Just a quick note before work. I get to go in for only 3 hours today. I have to renew my CPR certification so I get the rest of the day off!! Yippee!! It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I will have to find something fun to do outside. Maybe I will go cache hunting with one of the dogs!!

Mekkia: Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was a good one.

Have a good day chicks!!

LBH
05-03-2002, 08:39 AM
Hi All,

Meikka- Happy Birthday!! :hb: Enjoy your day, try not to go overboard too bad!!

Karen- Enjoy your almost full day off!! :D Have fun with the dog! I have been on a dog roll lately. DH & I both want a dog, but I told him we have to have babies first!! :lol: Soon...

Nanci- You're doing great! What's the totals now for you and DH?

Brat- Yeah for being OP! :D

Bailey- Get a grip!! Hope you did after the whoopie pie and coke!! Darn that AF!!

RR- Hopefully you won't be bowing to the Porcelin God too much longer!! :lol:

Rabbit- Have a great weekend!

Tech- I will definitely be C&P posts from now on!! :rolleyes: I don't have the patience to re-type!! :lol:

Gotta jump in the shower...running late as usual!! Have a great day all!! :D

lyssalou
05-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Hi all, not much to say today, except I droped 2 lbs, and now I am bouncing between those 2 lbs. I am sure I will survive.

:hb: Meikka - Hope you are having a great day, and that all your wishes really do come true today.

Karen - Nice to have time off. What is cache hunting?

Nanci - Staying the same weight is definitely better than gaining. I am sure you will see more big losses soon.

Daphne - AF is for "Aunt Flo" What is RS?

Jul - the soon to be skinny mini!!! Way to go on nearing your goal!!! And on avoiding salt.

Bailey - Glad you are feeling better! Hope you are back op, and loosing weight big time.

Hello to everyone else. I hope you are all doing well today, and loosing weight. Cheers to all you fellow lemon water drinkers.

Pryia
05-03-2002, 11:25 PM
FIRST OFF My ds WON!!! His first baseball game!!!:wave: :wave:

Meikka: :hb: I hope I got your name right!!

Okay the new man news is over! That is a done deal. So time to move on.

The June issue of Shape has some great ideas in it. Worth the $4.00.

I am OP still with weigh in in the moring. I am guessing about a 5pound loss. I will let you know tomorrow. I got back in my smalller jeans today. Thank goodness the larger ones were full of mud from the other night at baseball.

Here is my problem now. I need to get all my points in and on baseball nights that is hard. I only had 20 today and I should have 26 at least. But I am not eating at 9:30 pm. I am looking at sleeping soon.

Karen- Hope you enjoy the day off!! I wish I could have one soon.

Lyssa- Yeah on the 2 lbs. YOU ROCK!!

I know I am missing lots and I am sorry. hope you all are well!!

lyssalou
05-04-2002, 01:51 AM
Ok, remind me never to complain about being on a plateau again!!! Even though I have only lost 2 lbs in a month, I did change my size. I have a size 12 wrap-around skirt that I was able to "wear" a month ago; but it didn quite wrap around all the way. I swore I wouldn't wear it again until I had lost 10 more lbs. Well today when I was getting ready to go to my mom's concert, all of my clothes looked like tents, so I had to find something decent to wear. I went a head and tried the skirt on again, and it fit. It is slightly snug, but it went easily all the way around my waist, and I was even able to sit down while wearing it with out exposing myself (I wasn't able to do that a month ago.). I had to share, because I know all of you will understand my excitement.

It is almost midnight here, and we just got home from my mom's concert (she has gone back to college, to get a degree in music education, and it was her college band's concert...just incase anyone is curious), and we still need to put the kids to bed; so I don't have time to respond to everyone. I will get on and do that in the morning.

Pryia - I am so sorry, but I am SURE you deserve better!!!

lostandfound
05-04-2002, 08:44 AM
HI!

Whew I have survived my birthday so far. Thank You for all the birthday wishes. I say survived so far because my husband always says the MONTH of May is my birthday. :lol:

I'm not quite as bad as I used to be since I have matured a little with age!

Thursday p.m. the ice show as awesome. And those Hooters wings for some reason for me are better than sex. Even though my husband believes most foood is for me. :lol: I only had 5. :lol: :nono:

Last night was a wedding reception. I want to think all the dancing helped a little. Oh to have the energy of my kids.

Tonight a house warming party then I better get back on program so I can do this all over again next weekend. I have to figure out how to overcome these social events without staying home. But oh it's all sooooo fuuuun! :moo:

Lyssalou: Congrats on the 2 lbs. I'm sure I found them.

Bailey: I forgot all about Whoopie Pie, I just can't eat one!

Nanci: It's better to stay the same than to gain!

Have a great Saturday everyone!

:wave: :wave:

RoadRunner
05-04-2002, 11:50 AM
Hello all!!!WOw..U are some busy people!!!!Next weekend at this time I will be heading to the cruise!!!Can't wait!!!I have to first eat my cake top in celebration of 1 great year with DH!!!!Of course, in that 12 months, I have had 6 months of first trimester yucks but he is a trooper about it all....I have been mean some days but am trying to be nice for 24 hrs without being ugly to anyone..It is like the PMS 24 hrs a day!!!! :devil:
Yesterday, he just smiled(after I yelled at him for nothing)and asked if I was selling tickets to the emotional rollercoaster I was riding!!!:s: He is too sillly!!!!!

Happy Birthday Lostandfound!!!!!Welcome to the group!!!

Take care all!!!SD#2 has her dance recital today!!!It will be sooo funny!!!!!!
RR

Pryia
05-04-2002, 12:50 PM
I am down another 5.8 for a total of 13.6. Which means I am back at an orginal starting weight. The next one is 217 and then 209!!

Lyssa- I know that feeling something fits. My size 20 jeans fit again. Now to the 18s in my drawer. Then I will have to buy new jeans once those are 2 big. Last night before ball I had to put on some jeans and I was like crap the 22's were full of mud from the other night so I said okay let's see if I can put on the 20's and hope they are not so tight I can not stand it. Well they fit and I could sit in them. PROGRESS MY FRIENDS!!

RR- Ref sounds like he has a good sense of humor. I have to remember the tickets to the emotional rollercoaster. I really like that one.

REMEMBER WE ARE ALL IMPORTANT PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT THE SCALE SAYS!!

Backfor 2002
05-04-2002, 08:53 PM
Happy Saturday everyone!

Lauren, i am at 28lbs and DH is at 41lbs. It is going well.

Lyssa, I bought some lemon at the store today. Way to go on that skirt. That is awesome.

Pryia, Tell your son congrats on the game. Sorry to hear about the man. The right one will come along when you least expect it. What an AWESOME loss. I am sure you are floating on air.

Meikka, I am with you the social events are very hard. My WW leader always says to have a plan. Easier said than done at times.

RR, Oh you are going to have so much fun on the cruise. Refman does have a great sense of humor. I like the selling tickets as well.

We are going to have a nice mellow evening tonight. I am looking forward to it.