LA Weight Loss - Supplements and Medications

View Full Version : Supplements and Medications

Macomom
11-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I just started with LAWL and decided to try the vitamins for three months.
When I purchased them, I was told that certain supplements could not be taken with "anti-depressants". They were very generic and most likely did not know why.
I have the list of ingredients and am checking with my physician and pharmacist to see if any of the ingredients will really have an adverse effect.
Is anyone out there taking ZOLOFT and the supplement regime?
Did anyone else get this warning?
Thanks,
J

Melbelly
11-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Hi there - you cannot take the Enhance 750 if you are on an anti-depressant as it has St. John's Wort in it (which you are not supposed to mix with anti-depressants). I am not on Zoloft at the moment but was and I accidentally took an Enhance and boy did it wack me out! I believe that you can take all of the others though - just not the Enhance.

Hope that helps!

Macomom
11-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks,
I brought the vitamins to my physician and to my pharmacist and they both said it was okay. My clinic has the bottles marked with red dots to specifically note which ones customers on anti-depressants cannot take.
Strange, huh?

Mama Nicole
11-27-2008, 04:19 PM
that is weird. i never took any of their supplements, so i had no clue. it is very important to make your health care provider aware of any suppliments you are taking.....so you have that covered. i guess that is kind of a good thing though........that your COD is being careful and responsible about their supplements. So many people don't think of supplements as medications, but htey are!!!! Your body still has to process them, and they do affect your physioloogy. Very interesting thread :)
xoxo