Old 11-24-2008, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 259/239/170

Height: 6'2

Question skin feeling not like mine??? and loose? any ideas?

ok so i have lost 20 pounds now...and it feels almost like my skin doesnt fit my body...kinda like its too loose. is that something that will go away? and my belly was pretty big...after i lose another 60 more pounds...will my skin shrink exactly back to fit my body,...if i have a flat stomach? im 22 so im hoping that it would shrink back...but i was going to ask you all first...i have hit my first plateau i have been stuck at this weight for well over a week now. i think i may up my cardio a little. i dont really think i should cut my calories even more, im still a little probably too low. anyway just had a few questions. soooo a recap. have you ever felt like your skin doesnt fit you? and will my skin shrink to what my body looks like and not have any extra? and thats about it...write in and tell me your ideas and thoughts!?
hotpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

We're pretty young, so it will be easier for us to bounce back now than if we were younger. How long has your skin felt loose? I'm betting that time will greatly improve the way it feels.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

There's a great thread on loose skin on the Maintainer's forum ... check it out. Lots of info.

What it really boils down to is that it's different for everyone. It will depend on your age, the health of your skin, your genetics, and all kinds of things. Some people will have more loose skin than others.

Also keep in mind that your skin will continue to tighten up for quite a while after you lose weight. I know that even a year after I've lost the most of my weight, I'm still seeing changes in my skin.

Working out will also help; weight lifting and building muscle will help provide defintion that will fill out that flabby skin especially on your arms and legs.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:27 PM   #4  

awesome great ideas! thanks for the info. ill keep up my workouts and hope that my skin will tighten up, its been feeling like this for about 2 weeks...but it seems to be feeling better or tighter now. but whatever i guess i didnt know skin did that. this is the first time i have actually successfully lost weight. so all this amazing change is so new!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #5  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

i have alittle loose skin on my thighs and belly and i doubt its going anywhere. its not noticeable really.. my stomach looks flat unless im bending over.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:49 PM   #6  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

sorry i just noticed that my post was basically useless.. lol.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 04:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Well I was overweight my entire life and now that I'm at the thinnest I've ever been I have a ton of lose skin. Basically I feel as though I have a suit over lose skin over my body.

My weight stablized last October and I have been bouncing around the same 5 pounds since then. I decided that I have to get the skin removed because it's unhealthy and makes it hard to buy clothing. I'm getting a tummy tuck and breast life/implants next month. Then eventually a lower body lift.

You've only lost 20 pounds so your skin might start to rebound. Everything I've read said wait like a year after your weight has stablized to see if it will shink back.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:13 PM   #8  

ok so first off nyc1981...your post was not useless...it actually answered my un asked question!!! i was wondering if my stomach would go flat even if i had a little extra skin. so you answered a question without even knowing it!!!! also rememberhowtosmile, thanks for that info. i didnt realize that it would take up to a year for my skin to rebound! :0 but ill just have to wait and find out, thats been the hardest...is having patience and always motivating myself to go work out. as i write this im putting off the gym a few minutes. lol anyway thanks for the info! again you have been most helpful!
Old 11-24-2008, 05:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

I would not sweat it too much. When I was in my mid-twenties, I lost +/- 50 pounds, and at first my skin was a little loose, but I worked out, especially strength training, and after three to six months or so my skin was perfectly tight again...although my breasts were never quite the same. Victoria's Secret can fix that little problem...

Now that I've had my kids, I have just lost 45 pounds again in my mid-thirties. So this time my skin is not rebounding quite as fast...but it is rebounding. It is just taking more time, and I am pretty sure that my tummy is never going to be the perfect thing of beauty it once was...but it is close and its getting closer. Of course, we won't talk about the state of my chest after nursing three kids and the 45 pound loss...but, hey, I gave life...and Victoria's Secret is still my friend. Everywhere else though, I really think the strength training is helping...good nutrition is also a must.

Last edited by Schumeany; 11-24-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Schumeany is offline   Reply With Quote