Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 AM   #1  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Smile Binge-free challenge ~ Nov. 24 - 30

Hi folks, new week! Hope you all have a brilliant and easy binge-free week.Everybody is welcome to jump in.

I'm back with my posative attitude So all is well here.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #2  
cher37

I'm b..a..c..k..

Yep, after 3 weeks, of exercising, & eating properly, I just polished off a bag of my favorite cheesies. Hubby bought them for me yesterday "because I've been so good at staying on track". Not now!!!! LOL!!!

Good to hear you're having a good day Lauren!

Cheers everyone!
/cher

Old 11-24-2008, 10:19 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Welcome back cher! I had been wandering where you got to! It's great to see you again
Old 11-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

lauren - We need that positive attitude!

cher - 3 weeks then cheesies? Thats terrible! Just got to start over though another day a new start right?

As for me...

I MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND! You ladies know this is monumental for me. And now that I know IT CAN BE DONE there is no excuse lol. I had a birthday cake to avoid on Friday, Dinner and drinks with friends to bahave myself at on Saturday night. Then ofcourse there is Sunday where the lack of activity usually leads me to graze all day long. I made it through an ejoyred a 2 lb loss last week because of it. I am on cloud nine right now! Day 8 here I come!
Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #5  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Stephanie- CONGRATS! I told you you could do it! Well done girl. Day 8! Thats great

Spoz: I'm glad you've got you're positive attitude back! I'll be thinking of you during the week!

Cher: Welcome back/Nice to meet you!

And me: Well day 35 is almost over. I stuggled today, I was exhausted and just wanted to comfort binge all day. AF came today and it makes me want to eat like crazy and not exercise but I made myself walk 3.5miles. I only lost 1lb after working like crazy last week so I was disheartened. And just wanted to binge. I'm still fighting it. Luckily I have lots of healthy snacks on hand!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #6  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am completely out of control. Every day I go to bed swearing that I won't binge the next day ... but then I do!
Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

Hi all.
My weekend was pretty bad. I ate really badly Saturday, and managed to regroup a little on sunday. It was VERY hard to do so. I just wanted to keep eating...and eating...and eating. It's like I feel this sort of anxiety that I can only get rid of by eating and then I can't stop. But...I did stop, yesterday.

As crazy as it sounds, the idea of Thanksgiving has me crazy. I know I will have a hard time and so I seem to be having a hard time already.

Oh well. Onward.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:21 PM   #8  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

Default A new week, a fresh start!

Hello all!
It sounds like for the most part everyone is doing pretty well. This is Day one after my binge last night and so far I feel fantastic! Let's hope it keeps up! Don't get discouraged ladies! Don't pound it into your head that you can't have anything good to eat during the holidays or you WILL binge! Just whatever you choose to indulge in, make it worth it. Don't fill up on stuff like chips or chocolate chip cookies that you can have any time of year, have something special, and complement it with a bunch of healthier stuff (thanks to Canadian Living magazine for that one!). It is hard to not pig out on christmas junk all the time but I think we can do it together! Just keep checking in!

Wardhog: Alll it takes is one day binge free to give you the confidence that you can do it! Make this the day! Write yourself sticky notes or write down how crappy you feel if you are still bingeing and read it when you wake up! I believe in you more than you believe in yourself I think!

xoxo
Steph
Old 11-24-2008, 05:07 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

Steph, you are so right. It DOES only take one day of being in control to feel confident. And you know, today IS a good day.

I'm going to my first WW meeting tonight. My partner and I decided to take the plunge and try group support and outside accountability. I'm nervous about it but I'll give it a try.

Hope you all have a great week.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 PM   #10  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default back to day one

so back to day one for me. It was far from my worst binge, but I think my stomach shrunk so I was more uncomfortable than I've been in ages. ACK.
I really hated the sensation.
It was a good lesson for taking care at holiday parties. How to keep supper from morphing into overeating.
I feel pretty good today, but had a small breakfast, so as not to overdo it.
I had that on the train to Toronto, I came here cause my Dad is having some tests and then surgery.
His test was booked for 1030, and would take about an hour, so I thought my mum and I would have a bite to eat then. No one's fault, he was bumped for an emergency that went on to code blue, and he didn't have his test until 2 pm.
By then mum and I were famished.
I kept it to one lowfat sandwich, however.
Now we are going for supper. I WILL be healthful.
One nice thing here, I didn't bring my SUV, so I am walking, taking subway (which means climbing stairs etc) so even tho I haven't be able to "exercise" I am getting lots of action!
Tomorrow my dad has surgery (a cardiac valve replacement, but we are grateful that he won't need a bypass too) so there will be stress, and worry.
For all of you who are spiritual, please keep our family in mind tomorrow, for prayers, meditations and kind thoughts. It will be appreciated.

All the more reason to be healthy, so I don't have to have a bypass ever. I've got good genes, I have to do my part!
Old 11-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #11  

Default bINGE FREE WEEK

I am definitely up for the challenge

Jane
Old 11-25-2008, 03:58 AM   #12  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

A good start to the week for me yestrday . Planned eating in contolled portions.

Best Wishes to all on this thread, one day at a time.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #13  
Burning it away

Fatmad, Im wishing your dad will be okay!

Ward, why doent you make the promise to yourself 'instead of making tomorrow a better day I'm starting right NOW' ending a day on a good note is always easier to follow thrugh into the next day.

I had a total nightmare last night. Went to a gig and ended up feeling so out of place, covered in somebody elses drink and thinking 'What on earth am I doing here and I cant socialize'. Which in hindsight is stupid, because I can, it just wasnt my kind of thing. So this morning I'm still feeling a bit glum and ended up eating a peice of cake and two small chocolates. But I figure thats better than a whole cake and a box of chocs, right?
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I'm coming off of a brutal 4 day binge I know that I just need to get through today, and tomorrow is going to be so much better. Has anyone else noticed how crucial that first day's worth of distance from your last binge can be?

Wishing everyone (definately myself!) lots of willpower!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 AM   #15  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Maddie - LOVE the new avatar. I can relate about AF. Mine came the day before yesterday and man has it been hard to stay on track. I forced myself to run last night. It was pretty hard though I am glad that I did. You just keep on track girly! 35 days is awesome.

Wardhog - I used to do this... quit thinking of it in terms of days. Then if you binge you can stop in the next minute, 5 minutes, hour etc... not allow yourself the rest of the DAY till you start over. I believe you can do this, your a strong woman. You can do lots of things for just ONE DAY! Don't beat yourself up hun

jewell - Sorry you had a rough weekend. Sounds like with your positive attitude it won't be hard for you to get back on track though. Hmmm anxiety eating huh? Do you have anything you can replace it with? Maybe hopping on here to post or read the posts? Maybe blogging...

Steph577 - "whatever you choose to indulge in, make it worth it" This is excellent advice. I agree its unrealistic to just deprive yourself during Thanksgiving. But there is also a fine line between small indulgence and going overboard. Great advice girly!

fatmad - I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Be strong and good luck with everything!

Janet & 4dreams - Welcome to the thread!

spoz - Definitely better than a whole cake and a box of chocolates hehe, good restraint. A "gig" just wondering by the phrasing are you a musician?

As for me...

Day 8 is done and in the bag, hello day 9! Made a spaghetti dinner with only 1g of fat in it for the hubby and I. It was amazing, definitely compares to the real thing. Couldnt even tell I used turkey sausage and ground turkey in it. Ran on the treadmill in ate some fruit, didn't binge OR go over on my calories... It was a really good day.
Closed Thread