General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 182/132/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Uncomfortable Situation

Sorry guys, I didn't know how to shut down a thread...so I edited out my original thread. I got e-mailed by someone I know in real life who apparently posts on here, and the person I was talking about in my original thread is a mutual acquaintaince. It WAS an uncomfortable situation, but not one I want spread in the "real world" as the legal community is small...and I do not want to cause him trouble or have it get back to him.

Last edited by Schumeany; 11-23-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Maybe invite him and a guest to dinner with you and your husband, and ask when he would be able to make it. My guess is he won't do it if his intentions were not aboveboard.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Hard since we weren't actually in the situation to see an feel everything that happened. But could it be since he is no longer married he is more attentive because he doesn't have as much human "contact" as he used to? From what you have described is was an innocent luncheon between two friends. Especially since he know you are very happily married.
Now saying that like I said you were there we weren't so if you feel something is awry then it probably was.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/172.8/145

Height: 5'2

Julie's idea is good but also realize if he declines it could also be that he has nobody to bring and will feel awkard being the third wheel. Which if everything is on the up and up he will tell you that is the reason for not accepting.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:33 PM   #5  
I want the fully monty..

S/C/G: 240/check ticker/170

Height: 6ft

I think inviting him over for dinner would be a great idea. Just try not to over-analyze things, I tend to do that too much :/
Old 11-23-2008, 10:47 PM   #6  
Slowly but surely!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/145

I think Julie's idea is great. Could his "attention" have come from his noticing your weight loss and complementing you more than usual? In any case, having your husband at your next meeting should diffuse any unwanted attention.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:02 PM   #7  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I agree, have your husband around next time. Also offer a fix-up with a friend. My husband and I had a v good friend, I was feeling vibes for a while, and backed off from time alone, made sure WE invited him around though. I suggested a fix-up, which he declined, but he started on-line dating, and met a fab woman, whom we all love. They live together now.
And we have a couple friendship now. Still great.
best wishes
Closed Thread