Old 11-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #1  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

Default The closet full of 6's and 8's - Why I'll have an awesome wardrobe at 150 pounds

My weight has been hovering around this number for the last 7 months or so and I literally have a closet full (teeming!) with awesome clothes that don't fit.

I work at a place with a uniform, and I think in a way not having to wear my normal clothes everyday (which would exacerbate the fact that I have hardly anything to wear) has contributed to me maintaining this high weight. I seriously have like MAYBE 4 or 5 outifts that I can go out in that I feel comfortable in. My boyfriend has seen these outfits so many times haha.

In a weird way this is my own fault too. When I went shopping I would buy the next smaller size down thinking that in a month I'd be able to wear it. AND when my weight was lower last spring I bought a whole bunch of clothes to congratulate my self on graduating and none of them fit!

Luckily I have a few pieces in my winter wardrobe that I can wear now that it's so much colder, but there's this big pressure to lose weight so I can fit into these clothes and look good. If I have somewhere fancy to go, I go out and buy a new top to go with the like one skirt that fits me, which is so depressing because I have literally 5 dresses I could have worn - were I slimmer.

Does anyone else have an awesome wardrobe that they can't fit into yet? Does it make you feel depressed or like you have something to look forward to? Anyone buy smaller sizes as goal pieces until all your clothes are goal pieces? haha
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:44 AM   #2  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

I totally agree! I gave in and donated a bunch, in the spirit of the holidays, but there are still so many pairs of jeans that are just hanging there, unworn. I would lose 3 lbs. and then try on jeans and decide on the size that was a bit too snug because, well I was "losing weight" and if I bought them to fit perfectly, I'd need news ones again soon anyway. Lo and behold, they still don't fit but they WILL!!!!! I've been gaining and losing the same 3 lbs. for about 7 months now, too. It's time to lose it for good and start the New Year off right! I've told myself... no more shopping until the things I already have fit me!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

OMG I do the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have soooo many pants and jeans that I just can't fit into. I either bought stuff when I was thinner or I usually bought them with the idea of ... oh it is tight now, but I am losing weight so it will in a month. Well I have pants from years ago with the tags still on them. I don't even think the cut is even in style anymore!!!!!!
It is so frustrating. I bought a very expensive pair of designer jeans in a tight size that I can't fit into now! I mean these are over $100 and I feel sick about it.
So I am part of the BL challenge and I am telling you it has changed my attitude. I am more dedicated to my weight loss goal and it is showing. I also have gained a lost the same 10 lbs or so (sometimes less, sometimes more) for several years. I have a closet-full of awesome clothes that have been sitting there forever it seems!

Keep it up.. you will get into those clothes soon!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hot New and Petunia--WOW. I actually am enjoying my new weight--which is close to yours! LOL, it just goes to show me that weight is relative. I am in size 8 and am just ecstatic to be a single digit again! I know what you mean about the clothes though--as I have lost weight I have piece after piece that is getting too big--I do find myself hitting the sales racks though more and more.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

My sister has always been the thin one in the family. Now I'm hovering close to her size (I should be at it when I get my tummy tuck next month). Well when she got pregnant she balloned up her chest got huge. She realized that she will probable not fit into her pre-pregnancy clothing because her hips have widened and her proportions have changed. This means I inherited all of her clothing.

So I understand 100% because have a bunch of stuff that is close to fitting me and will hopefully fit me very soon. I get so defeated when I open my closet and pull something out, try it on, and I think it is slightly too tight. Oh well soon enough.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/221.4/160

Height: 5' 10''

Yep. I got rid of some stuff, but I'm sure about 80 percent of my clothes are going to fit me when I'm 180-150lbs which is great. I have a wide range of sizes so I won't be needing to buy clothes for a very long time lol. I have jeans and dresses and shirts. It motivates me just thinking about all of those great clothes in the closet. There is this one red cocktail dress that is a size 11 that I am very excited to fit into. When I lost weight a few years ago I dropped down to 170. I was only about 10 lbs away from fitting into that dress too! Bleh!
powersmatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

I definetly have a bunch of smaller clothes that I don't fit into yet. I buy them thinking that I will lose the weight soon and fit into them within a couple of weeks. Hasn't happened and sadly they are probably out of style as well (we're talking years here!).

In fact I only have 3 pairs of jeans right now. Two of them are pairs I bought and never tried on ($10 each) and I HATE the way they fit. But I bought them when I was bigger and couldn't try them on. So I've kinda learned my lesson in that regard and I will not buy jeans unless I can try them on first. Of course I also refuse to buy jeans at this weight bc I refuse to be this size much longer =). And all of my shirts are either to big or too little...sigh.

I'm just waiting until the tummy is a little flatter before I break out the smaller sizes.
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

Anything that gets big on me i put in trash bags and close them forever! so when im all done im giving them to the salvation army. that way i KNOW i wont have any clothes if i gained weight which is what gets me motivated to not even THINK about ever gaining weight again .
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 230/181/160

Height: 6'0

I have quite a lot of clothes that i'll never fit into again.
I moved this past summer and got rid of quite a few though, mostly the things i kept were for sentimental reasons.
After having 2 kids, even if i were able to get back to the same weight, the clothes just won't fit me the same, plus they are no longer in style, or appropriate for a mom
I have a few things i will grow into , i think a few pair of jeans but that is all. I'm happy about that though, it just means i get to go shopping
wantingtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:21 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 244/ticker!/140

I wish I had kept my skinny clothes! I kept them for the four years I was gaining the weight, then finally in June I was like, "Enough! You're fat! Stop wasting closet space!" Now, of course, I'd kill to have all those cute clothes back so I could look forward to fitting into them by the spring.
rubbytummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #11  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Thighs Be Gone- Congrats on your accomplishments!!! It really is relative... my size 8's are the ones hanging in my closet!!! If I weren't so dang determined to get back into them, I'd ship them to you hehe!!!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:13 PM   #12  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

the majority of my wardrobe is being donated to charity next weekend....
i have lots of 10's and 12s that are massively huge....
jeans, tshirts, jumpers, some not even worn....
still donating makes me feel warm inside....
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

I definitely have bought too small thinking I'd lose....but now its really happening!!!

I'm keeping my bigger stuff b/c I wear it during pregnancy (I seriously want a troop of children so I need all my big stuff for maternity clothes)!

I def think giving away your old, too big stuff is great though!! I remember being at my HW and living in sweat suits. It was SO depressing!! Kinda makes the yummy food less exciting!! I'm sooooo much happier now, eating less and being smaller!!

Don't let the smaller sizes get you down! Let them motivate you!! You WILL get there!! Everytime you want to eat more than you should or you're about to have that 2nd cookie (giving examples from my own life here), think about those clothes and how good it'll feel when you fit into them!!
hotmamacitax2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #14  
I know I can do it.

S/C/G: 193/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I have never bought too small stuff because I have broad hips- at my skinniest I'll likely never be smaller than an 8, I mean maybe I will but I never have been smaller than an 8 even when I was in the 128-135 range. SO... I'm okay with that!
I do have a ton of size 10's I wish I could get my chubby buns into! Hopefully soon, with your encouragement, ladies! It's been awesome to be able to have your input and help here!!
carcar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #15  
mmm nutella

S/C/G: 177/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 5 1/2"

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who buys clothes a little tight, thinking I'll be able to wear them soon. I thought it was something stupid only I did haha.

Luckily, most of the clothes that don't fit are more summery spring things so with the work I've begun this fall I should be able to wear them. And when I do, believe me I'll be posting pictures here!
hotnewspirits is offline   Reply With Quote